[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roman world (with nice vamps) soon? Or is this to close to Theros?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 276
Thread images: 27

File: 123.png (1MB, 994x870px) Image search: [Google]
123.png
1MB, 994x870px
Roman world (with nice vamps) soon?

Or is this to close to Theros?
>>
>>54802899
No, this looks like a Roman world. Probably with a gladiatorial focus.
>>
File: mtgromans.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mtgromans.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>54802899
>>
>>54803147
But there were black legions.
>>
Roman architecture, roman outfit, and iirc a roman word in the name. Definitely a roman world. They explicitly said there was enough space they had in mind to make a roman world distinct from greek world, and I think Mark said the emphasis would be on political intrigue and gladiator coliseum fights if they did it. Probably something like the continent of Otaria with the pit
>>
File: WE WUZ THE WORLD N SHEET.jpg (227KB, 1134x708px) Image search: [Google]
WE WUZ THE WORLD N SHEET.jpg
227KB, 1134x708px
It keeps on happening
>>
>>54803201
And there were black emperors
>>
>>54803201
Entire legions, you say?
Shieeeet!
>>
>>54803285
Not entire legions, but a substantial portion
>>
>>54803271

if everybody in our history was actually black, then why are we white?
>>
>>54803271
To be fair, Jesus was middle-Eastern.
>>
>>54803341

Fuckin' Limeys
>>
>>54803271
Go far enough back, and everyone was black until they moved out of the fertile crescent.
>>
>>54803360
Aka not black.
>>
>>54802899
This better be Segovia and not a new Roman-inspired world
>>
>>54803552
Not the point I was making, but yeah.
>>
>>54803201
>but there were black Greeks
>but there were black Egyptians
>but there were black Romans
Yes, but they weren't the majority, problem with this shit is that blacks are the majority in all these settings and while is true that these settings are fantasy, it's fucking annoying and a double standard because you won't see white majority in an African like mtg setting or similar
>>
>>54803597
Your point is obvious and irrelevant to the thread.
>>
I am so tired of these "real world but fantasy" planes these sad fucks keep doing. There have been way too many in a short timeframe. Sadly, these lefty fucks don't have any imagination of their own so its what we are stuck with until they crash the game.
>>
>>54803529
Go back far enough and nobody was black, since it's a later adaptation. Humanity did not originate in Africa, that's a very dated theory since Africa hasn't had the record for oldest human/human ancestor fossile records for a long time.
>>
>>54803799
Marketing strategy, is basically a "historic revisionism but not really guys, why are you so racist?"
>>
>>54803604
>Black
There were certainly Africans. Sub saharan, dark as night, West Africans like the media portrays? Itd be very few, definately far less prolific be than any modern interpretations. The origins of WE WUZ is that people dont seem to understand that Africa is a big place, but the Africans who want an Africa to identify with are from a single relatively small shore of Africa with a fuckhuge desert between their tribe and Eqyptians or the Mediterranean. Nearly every "African" described as black was more Middle Eastern and/or Semitic.
>>
>>54803837
Oh I know full well what they are doing, I just didn't want to go full 1488 in my first post of a thread. The marked decline in all aspects of the game are signs enough that what they are doing is shit. They had to change their entire banning philosophy because they focused so much on SJW shit that the actual game suffered tremendously. The entire company is pozzed at this point.
>>
>>54803799
A opposed to what that they've done in the past? Dominaria is just "a bunch of real world places but fantasy" instead of just one, with the ones that aren't up and up based on specific cultures STILL being pigeonholed into "thing continent", like the aforementioned Otaria being "pit fighter continent". Mirrodin was just "fantasy world but everything has metal" instead of "real world but fantasy".
>>
>>54803920
Though, admittedly, I think Dominaria as we saw it in Time Spiral was a pretty distinct world. I guess they called it as "psot apocalyptic world" but that's such a broad generalized concept with no defined look or aesthetic other dark and dingy that it's not really going for anything in particular.
>>
>>54803885
>The marked decline
May I see sources. I would actually love to believe what your saying, but I've been fooled too many times by people saying things I want to hear.
>>
>>54803831
Hominids diverged from apes in Africa. It's not really up for debate. Some strains of early human continued breeding with other hominids after or during their exit from the African continent though.
>>
>>54803885
I personally don't see MTG going away because of the SJW stuff on its own. While companies like Marvel hurt from the forced inclusion, the story is in the end secondary to the gameplay. Poor design decisions will stand by their own merit.
>>
>>54803604

... Where are you getting majority from? Particularly from Theros.

There were plenty of people based on how we think of Modern Greece.

Are you confusing majority, with actually represented, and ... like not making the setting about ethnic tensions.
>>
>>54803201
WE
>>
>>54803285
And there were black kangz.
>>
>>54803920
>Mirrodin was just "fantasy world but everything has metal" instead of "real world but fantasy".
You say that like that's a bad thing. Mirrodin was cool, it was fantasy, it was exactly not what this guy was responding to. Think before you post.
>>
>>54804013
You havnt kept up with the news? The oldest pre-human hominid fossil is now a jawbone from Greece at 7.2 million years old. The out of Africa theory has been openly challenged with the finding, its no longer the dominant theory
>>
>>54803920
All of those things are unique enough that they aren't just pulled from our own real world mythos.
>fantasy Japan
>fantasy Greece
>fantasy Mongolia
>fantasy India
>fantasy Egypt
4 of these 5 totally unique places have arisen in the last 3 years. The company is creatively bankrupt at this time.

>>54803985
No sources just general observation. The entire banlist philosophy changing overnight due to the focus being on equality so hard they forgot they have to test their sets and balance them. Pros openly vocalizing their dislike of the game has also ramped up in the last 2 years. Quality control issues have ramped up as well, notice how many different shades of green are used for cards. Terrible design choices designed to trick you into buying product with lottery prizes like expeditions, masterworks, et all.
In the last year the company has:
>changed pro tours to not include modern, as WotC only cares about short term gain. They walked back on this decision, to applause from fans.
>changed the standard rotation to update with the new set layout. They walked back on this decision, to applause from fans
>changed set layout so they don't have to create as many new cards
>+1/+1 counter mechanic being reused ad nauseum with little difference to set them apart.

From a business standpoint, the company is in scramble mode. Changing things for short term gain with no outlook on long term holding of interest. If you don't see problems with what they are doing as a company, you haven't been playing long enough or don't care about how you spend your money.
>>
>>54804024
I have an entire monowhite commander deck using only black people in white clothes with red accents. I'm just waiting on the perfect black person in white clothes with red accent legendary to put in there. I would get banned for playing it at a store.
>>
>>54803885
Sure, some places on Dominaria where like that as well, but a lot of places weren't. Take Sarpadia or Terisiare for example, they've been fleshed out quite a bit and just calling them "Fantasy X" is a little easy. Also, planes like Rath, Mercadia, (Old) Phyrexia and Serra's realm were far more than simply a real world culture but with elves.

Also, most sets taking place on a single plane with many cultures instead of a plane with a single culture made it feel way more extensive and made me love sets like Invasion or Time Spiral
>>
>>54804098
That's fucking stupid. What reason is "it's just a fantasy world but with metal" okay when "it's just a real world place but fantasy aspects" is bad? They are both equally shallow interpretations. And both are equally as inaccurate descriptions of any place they're actually aimed at. Amonkhet isn't just egypt but with minotaurs. It has aspects of egypt related things, but Egypt was certainly not a place where an ancient god tricked people into self destructive trials in order to make them into perfect zombie warriors. Theros is probably one of the few places where MAYBE the criticism is actually accurate, maybe.
>>
>>54804202
Terisiare is like a textbook generic fantasy place, right down to an ancient powerful civilization. We don't really know anything about Sarpadia. Rath I guess is kinda unique as well, though there's not really anythign distinct about it. I don't think it's creative or interesting because it doesn't fall in line with a specific set of tropes. Mercadia is explicitly "merchant world", and it has the exact problem people bitched about Kaladesh just focusing on Ghirapur, except the city on the mountain is almost literally all there is to the plane, whereas in the case of Kaladesh there really is a wide open world, the story was just centered in the consulate in Ghirapur. Serra's Realm was just a heavenly place. It's not really unique or anything.
>>
>>54804134
Well, that's good to know. I only play casual with my buddies and we buy are cards from Ebay and card shops. Hell, I'm the only one to buy booster packs and there the old ones such as Alara and Kamigawa and even that's a rarity. I've only bought a couple of cards from the newest sets, and even then most of my cards are Theros or earlier. Personally though, I would rather have them go out of business then them continuing to pull stupid shit like OP's pic to pander to a small market of buyers.
>>
>>54804207
Because there is no machine-man culture on earth you fucking idiot. India and Egypt are cultural places on earth.
Do you think its a coincidence that Kaladesh had tons of trains?
Do you think its a coincidence that Amonkhet has tons of mummies?
Do y ou think its a coincidence that Theros had a Midas proxy?

They are sticking too close to their source material without using their imagination to do something better, something unique.

Thats just the general layout of the planes they use, then there's the can of worms that their antifa-esque storylines are now. Its all row row fight da powah bullshit about destabilizing existing cultures.

The eldrazi block was a good fantasy setting with unique ideas, just a shame they killed their one unique creature type in it.

rip eldrazi being unique and mysterious
rip slivers being slivers
rip oldwalkers
rip mtg
>>
>>54804046
In Theros majority were Black, same in Amonkhet
>>
File: commander5.png (671KB, 715x650px) Image search: [Google]
commander5.png
671KB, 715x650px
Only one of the five Commanders from last year's set got flavor text. That same set came with more "other" legendaries for other decks in high demand than the others.

We've got a cat infestation in magic right now just because one person on the design teams is a catlady (male). The company is off the deep end right now.

I'm sure there was no ulterior motive involved. I am positive of it.
>>
>>54804335
>Being this melodramatic.
>>
>>54804437
not an argument or refutation.
>I know, I'll attack the poster and not his post!
>>
>>54804494
No joke, I was warned for posting this last thread.
>>
>>54804433
Only one of those commanders got flavor text because only one of those commanders had enough SPACE for flavor text between their rules text and the necessary reminder text for said rules text.
Remember, they print in multiple languages - just because they can shrink the English text a bit more doesn't mean they can make it legible still if they fit another two lines of words in there in German.
>>
>>54804691
They have different flavor text in every language. There's a very popular Diabolic Tutor (or Demonic? I forget) in German with a quote from Goethe's Faust.
>>
>>54804433
Having more cats is invariably a good thing my man
>>
>>54804134
You also forgot fantasy renaissance italy.
>>
>>54803920
Dominaria was post-post-apocalyptic fantasy after the brother's war, with frequent references to it and it having a huge impact later on.

Mirrodin was an artificial world created by a planeswalker who was himself an artificial magic construct, which shaped his creation.

It's a huge oversimplification to just look at it and go "generic fantasy but X".

Even if you think it's all pretty shit.
>>
>>54804165
Got a list? Sounds interesting
>>
>>54804540
>No joke, I was warned for posting this last thread.
Is this how 4chan crumples on itself. With mods that don't even allow casual racism or jokes anymore. Fucking hell, it's only a matter of time before 4chan is another reddit or tumblr.
>>
>>54804013
No, because there are modern finds of older fossils elsewhere.Keep up. Everything is up for debate if there is contradictory evidence, there has been for some time now.
>>
>>54804816

Four legs good, two legs bad.

I want more cats, less cat people.
>>
>>54804963
What about cat monkeys? or cat snakes? or cat dragons?
>>
>>54804963
Four legs good, two legs better! All Animals Are Equal. But Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others.
>>
>>54804540
Probably caught in the crossfire from the other shit people were posting.
>>
>>54804854
>It's a huge oversimplification to just look at it and go "generic fantasy but X".
And its a huge oversimplificatio n to say Kaladesh is just India but with fantasy aspects. Hell India isn't even what the world is based on. Its overarching theme was steampunk. But its so distinct no one realizes that. The Indian aesthetic was just a way to inform the details of the world like names and designs.
>>
>>54804973

Cat Monkeys still walk on all fours a lot.

Cat Dragons walk on all fours.

Cat Snakes, sadly are very rare in mtg, still have 4 legs just long tube like bodies too.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>54805147
What about cat dog mutant ninja turtles?
>>
>>54805233

Does it purr?
>>
>>54805272
Like a lhurgoyf.
>>
>>54805294
Not again
>>
>>54804350
Proof please.
>>
>>54805294

If it's more like a Cognivore than a Mortivore then it's in.

I wish Regal Caracal hadn't rotated out of PennyDreadful this season, it went up to like 0.02 just before the cut off.
>>
>>54804350

Shit, if you are believing things than aren't true. Amonkhet had a majority of Middle Eastern looking people, which isn't surprising given guess where Egypt is in?
>>
>>54804335
>unique ideas

wew
>>
File: danky kang.png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
danky kang.png
139KB, 223x311px
>>54805415
It absolutely did not.
>>
>>54805330
underrated post
>>
>>54804833
>You also forgot fantasy renaissance italy.

Where do you mean?
>>
>>54805415
egypt is in africa and "middle eastern" people are from asia.
>>
>>54805484
Conspiracy.
>>
>>54805488
And? do you really think everybody in Africa is black? North Africans and specially Egyptians were and are whiter than Alicia Keys
>>
>>54805521
No they aren't, you racist fuck.
>>
>>54805521
I think WotC *thinks* all egyptians are and always were black. They also think all Greeks were black. They also think there were sizeable black populations in Mongolia.

Back in the day when Teferi was in the story they went to his homeland and it was subsaharan africa tribesmen to the core. And no one complained because it made perfect fucking sense.
>>
>>54804691
Commander decks should cut all unnecessary reminder text and ship with full art basics. WOTC pretends the format is entry level, but it is not. Reminder text free cards would sell more decks as well because some people loves those cards.
>>
>>54804131
Oh cool, didn't know dominant theory stopped being dominant soon as another theory came into existence, it's not like they have to reach a consensus via peer review or anything first.
>>
File: 1502357689517.jpg (27KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502357689517.jpg
27KB, 720x480px
>North Africans and specially Egyptians were and are whiter than Alicia Keys
>not mentioning proximity to other continents
>mfw
>>
>>54805657
OOA has not been the "dominant" theory for decades. It had been disputed since inception.
>>
>>54805657
>it's not like they have to reach a consensus via peer review or anything first.
What does consensus have to do with it? The new consensus is that Out of Africa might not be true, since it was based on a fossil record that has now been upended.
>>
>>54805657
>I don't know how this works
Let me explain it for you, the dominant theory says there weren't hominids outside of Africa at that time period. Once found the fossil that disproved the "domiant" theory with factual proof
>>
>>54804024
Yeah, I wouldn't mind what Marvel is doing nearly as much if they hadn't latched on to the idea that they're God's gift to comics and don't have to worry about things like storyline quality anymore.

I love the idea of being represented more in media, but thinking that the mere presence of diversity puts someone or something above and beyond reproach has always been wild to me.
>>
>>54805573
No, the creative staff are doing it for political reasons. They want to make a point about black protagonists. It's in direct opposition to the alt-right.

Wizards don't care though, because there's no downside to pissing off the right to them.

The Right at large no longer has the stamina or the numbers to match the Lefts ability to damage a product with a boycott. Wizards rightwing customers know on an instinctual level that their ideas aren't worth sacrificing their hobby for. If you can't see the truth of that lurk more.

Wizards are better off pandering to leftwing customers, because lefties, especially young lefties, feel absolutely no shame or shyness about what they believe. The fact that they don't feel the need to obscure their beliefs in any way means they're much more likely to talk about how progressive their hobby is among their friends. It's free promotion with no downside, as many many companies have realized.

Leftwing ideas are simply more marketable than Rightwing ones, and that's why Wizards and countless other companies will happily promote certain aspects of them.
>>
>>54805330
10/10
>>
>>54805765
young leftists also don't have disposable income. They've shown time and time again that they don't consume the media they rally so hard to change.

The entire situation is lose lose for everyone involved.
>>
>>54803201
>Everyone is black.
Fuck this shit. I'm hispanic, if I'm not gonna see people like me because leftard "diversity" means blacks and muslims (black), then I'd rather see nothing but white people.
>>
>>54803560
Seconded
>>
>>54804918
>uwaaa I can't be a fucking racist bigot in my safe place!!!
I'm sure you're of those fat fucks that talk shit on Facebook and wonder why you have no real friends
>>
>>54802899
No, God please no.
>>
>>54805805
>The entire situation is lose lose for everyone involved
I mean shit, I've said as much so many times you wouldn't even believe

>>54803604
This, all I'd personally ask is for their existence to be acknowledged beyond the usual tokenism, nothing more.
>>
>>54805589
Some people do. Other people have never seen a card with Phasing or Proliferate or Rebound before. Just because the keyword's been used before doesn't mean someone knows what it does by heart. Hell, I've been playing since 6th and I forgot what Goad does off the top of my head because I never managed to play with either conspiracy set
As well, while they aren't lowest entry level, they're supposed to be playable right out of the box. Not 'playable right out of the box but you need to look up a bunch of stuff because you don't know this or that thing because you weren't there for that keyword'. They're for a casual format, they're sold in department stores, they're played with by kitchen table casuals. Just because you and I know these things doesn't mean they should fuck the other people over.
Now, the Masters products? Those should be reminder-text free entirely, yes. Especially on anything high profile.
>>
>>54805883
If you can't be a racist bigot here, then mods get to decide what that means for you, and then there's nothing to say.

Besides, which would you rather have?
This:
Anonymous No.XXXXX5352 >>XXXXX4319
WE

Anonymous No.XXXXX4319
File: Funny Reaction Image, Probably The Rock Rolling His Eyes or Something.webm
>>XXXXX5352
Shut up, faggot.

---

Or this:

Anonymous No.XXXXX5352 >>XXXXX5399 >>XXXXX5412 >>XXXXX5413 >>XXXXX5444
WE

(User was banned for this Post)
>>
>>54805765
Marvel has proven this wrong. The right doesn't boycott your social media, but they stop buying your product and the left doesn't buy anything at all.
>>
>>54802899
>more MUH VAMPIRES

Gaaaaaay. Why they ever decided on dindu vampires as the evergreen Black race is beyond me, they all suck. Go Sengir or go home.
>>
File: spiderman look and laugh.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman look and laugh.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>54805975
>XXXXX5352
>XXXXX4319

I'll take the future with time travelling posters.
>>
>>54805975
Chances are the banning is because of how much the /pol/ shit clogs up threads. Stop trying to make some vast conspiracy about it and stop crying that your unfunny memes aren't welcome. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>54806034
Except banning has a much higher chance of clogging up and or derailing threads than business as usual.
>>
>>54805883
>I'm sure you're of those fat fucks that talk shit on Facebook and wonder why you have no real friends
What the fuck are you own anon? 4chan is filled with casual racism such as "WE WUZ" which goes for every race. Same with "Muh Ancestor" and calling OP a faggot. If the mods are starting to ban people for slight things such as these, then our freedom to speak what we wish will be taken from us. Do you wish to watch what you say on an anonymous Chris Hansen honeypot forum site, and lose one of the few avenues of saying what you want to say privately without true backlash from society. If a black person pissed you off that you want to call him a watermelon fat fuck piece of shit nigger, you can't say that on Facebook or real life. You can say that on 4chan though, because of the anonymity. Also the only way you could argue back to me is by projecting and attacking the poster, tells me that you shouldn't be on 4chan. It's for 18 years of age or older.
>>
I mean, I've yet to see an honest to god /pol/ack here so they must be doing SOMETHING right.

Then again that can just as easily be attributed to the other regulars here having absolutely none of that shit and reacting accordingly.
>>
>>54805445
go back to /pol/ with you one card proof
>>
>>54806055
And this is exactly why everything's getting infected by sjw bullshit. Because dumbasses like you have indefensible positions that they can straw man the fuck out of.
Learn to pick your battles. Is it dumb to get banned for posting your casual racist memes? Sure. But throwing a temper tantrum because you can't make racist shitpost a makes it that much harder for someone who isn't invested to care.
>>
>>54806145
>>
>>54806149
Seconded, there are bigger and more important hills to die on
>>
>>54806052
Actually the opposite. Threads without /pol/tards are generally enjoyable.
>>
>>54806024
This, if there's a fucking creature type that should be beast men and scantily clad white chicks it's fucking vampires but SJWs won't let us have even that.
By this time next year every creature will be a fat genderless nigger.
>>
>>54806165
You're going to need to show that a majority of depicted humans are black. You're not close to proving that yet.

267 + 199 images to go!
>>
File: One Sided Politics.png (149KB, 883x318px) Image search: [Google]
One Sided Politics.png
149KB, 883x318px
>>54806181
I think the sentiment is that people don't want there to be double standards on this board.
>>
>>54806201
Threads without faggots whining about /pol/ are better because non-newfags know to ignore /pol/.
>>
>>54806301
I was here long before /pol/ showed up in noticeable numbers, they fucked up everything.
>>
File: unwavering initiate.jpg (1MB, 1920x1410px) Image search: [Google]
unwavering initiate.jpg
1MB, 1920x1410px
>>54806245
I'm not in the mood to, and you don't actually want me to, post half of Amonkhet.

However, Honoured Crop Captain is actually pretty egregious because it involved an employee at WotC flipping out because the one in the front wasn't black enough and it portrayed the darker folk looking up to whitey.

Except, you know, that's just how the scene is lit.

Also I don't know what it is about this card but when it's actually in your hand it's fucking atrocious looking and incredibly fake. It's as bad as the non-promo Thalia Heretic Cathar.
>>
>>54806333
No you weren't.
/pol/ exists because the website itself is /pol/ and we needed a board to contain threads that didn't fit in other boards, not because /pol/ is unwelcome but because it occupied too much space.

You are fucking newfags and the reason /co/, /v/ and /cgl/ have become tumblr 2.0
>>
>>54806340
>I'm not in the mood to
>I can't because there's not enough evidence to support my baseless accusations.

ftfy
>>
>>54806373
Kid, you'll learn one day that everything changes. Even 4chan.
>>
>>54806276
I can... actually live with that sentiment, really.
>>
>>54806245
>I won't be satisfied unless you fulfil ridiculous conditions so I win! HAH!

Sorry, smug liberal, but that's really not how this works. Present a counterpoint that proves him wrong, if you can, or you simply lose the argument.
>>
>>54806400
Yeah, Shillary was gonna win until you faggots bothered normies enough with your marxist bullshit to vote for Trump instead.

That you enjoy the taste of black cock down your throat doesn't mean others have to.
You want to be a bitch and let your hobbies and websites change to preted you belong. Others don't.
>>
>>54806376
You literally can't argue with him so you have to make shit up. This is how desperate you are.
>>
>>54806400
war never changes.
>>
Don't worry, anon, we can help you
>>
>>54806535
Don't bother, I'm already making the list.
>>
Somewhat more on topic: "Romans but with vampires" sounds sorta interesting to my newfag ass, though I can't help feeling like it's been done before somehow.
>>
>>
>>54806614
blood angels in 40k are essentially Roman vampires in spaaaaaace.
If that IS what they are doing prepare for all those 5cc black enchantments dealing with life drain getting reprints with nogs as FNM promos.
>>
File: Deem-Worthy-Amonkhet-MtG-Art.jpg (88KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Deem-Worthy-Amonkhet-MtG-Art.jpg
88KB, 1080x1080px
>>
Not counting Gatewatch:

>Cards featuring humans that are black.
Compulsory Rest
Djeru's Resolve (If you make me do Hour I won't count Djeru because that's obviously the same person)
Glory-Bound Initiate
Mighty Leap
Rhet-Crop Spearmaster
Supply Caravan
Unwavering Initiate
Heiroglyphic Illumination
Labyrinth Guardian (Yo this card is fucking awesome looking)
Seeker of Insight
Cruel Reality
Doomed Dissenter
Nest of Scarabs
Never // Return
By Force
Deem Worthy
Electrify
Glorious End
Harsh Mentor
Nef-Crop Entangler
Pathmaker Initiate
Pursue Glory
Soul-Scar Mage
Channeler Initiate
Dissenter's Deliverance
Exemplar of Strength
Haze of Pollen
Oashra Cultivator
Ahn-Crop Champion
Aven Wind guide
Honored Crop Captain
Samut, Voice of Dissent
Start // Finish
Destined // Lead
Spring // Mind

>Cards featuring humans that are not.
Anointer Priest
Devoted Crop-Mate
Gust Walker
Trueheart Duelist
Vizier of Deferment
Vizier of Remedies
Hekma Sentinels
Scribe of the Mindful
Vizier of Deferment
Vizier of Tumbling Sands
Ruthless Sniper
Bloodlust Inciter
Combat Celebrant
Tormenting Voices
Hapatra's Mark
Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons
Shadowstorm Vizier
Temmet, Vizier of Naktamun
Prepare // Fight

>Cards featuring humans which cannot be determined.
Cast Out
Forsake the Worldly
Gideon's Intervention
In Oketra's Name
Time to Reflect
Splendid Agony
Sweltering Suns
Trial of Zeal
Colossapede
Crocodile of the Crossing
Manglehorn
Sixth Sense
Stinging Shot
Reduce // Rubble
Cut // Ribbons
>>
File: Electrify-Amonkhet-MtG-Art.jpg (97KB, 1042x765px) Image search: [Google]
Electrify-Amonkhet-MtG-Art.jpg
97KB, 1042x765px
>>
>>54806715
Absolutely demolished. Nice work.
>>
>>54803360
He was a Israeli Jew. Go to Israel and tell me how many of them are black. I'll wait.
>>
>>54806715
>he actually did it

Absolute madman!
Tumblrfags BTFO
>>
>>54806614
I'm pretty sure there's at least two books about this. Plus a Highlander movie were Marcus Aurelius was a megalomaniac immortal.
>>
>>54806764
Surprisingly there are a lot of black Jews, but they're not ethnically Semitic either. They're Ethiopian converts.
>>
>>54805415
>>54806145
>>54806245
>>54806376

End your fucking life my dude.
>>
>>54806790
Sorry, anon, but as proved by Dasrighters, the original Jews were Black, coincidentally so were the original native Americans and original Asians.
>>
>>54806715
That proves nothing
>>
>>54806764
>>54806803
Poster never claimed Middle Eastern = black, necessarily, and it's worth noting that being a Jew (religion) and being a Hebrew/Semite (ethnicity) are often conflated.
>>
>>54806856
>"Show me evidence"
>*evidence*
>"Evidence is meaningless, I'm right anyway but I won't tell you why."
>>
>>54806715
glorious. Splendid.
>>
>>54806715
Gotta say, hats off to you m8. I like it when people show their work

>>54806790
Name 'em? Also never really took to Highlander
>>
>>54806987
I'll be honest, I'm not perfect, so I probably made some mistakes here and there. There's a lot of 'is this dress blue & brown or white & gold' going on but I'm pretty confident this is the ratio.
>>
>>54806823
Good thing all of them evolved into actual humans.
Shame the africans didn't.
>>
>>54807003
It happens to the best of us I imagine, so don't sweat it.

Semi-related: How long have you played MTG?
>>
>>54806715
Nice.
>>
>>54803604

There are and were no black Greeks, black Egyptians or black Romans. Those are three distinct peoples from one another, and also distinct from black people.

Those three peoples had black slaves or freedmen living in their cities sure, but they weren't a Greek, a Roman or an Egyptian.
>>
>>54803529
>>54804013
>>54805657
retard.
>>
>>54804433
Why isn't Breya a wizard?

Not enough room for it is not an excuse.
>>
File: the ancient egyptiannessofitall.png (385KB, 706x537px) Image search: [Google]
the ancient egyptiannessofitall.png
385KB, 706x537px
>>54805415
Nice try nigga, there we like 70% blacks
t. guy who jerks off to Middle Easter women, but can't stand black
>>
File: 8612984_f260.jpg (24KB, 260x266px) Image search: [Google]
8612984_f260.jpg
24KB, 260x266px
>>54806715
MY FUCKING MAN
>>
>>54807486
>that casual empty threat of boycotting if you don't get a nog walker.
>>
>>54807518
>Empty
They got a nog walker though
>>
>>54807532
And no SJWs ever paid for a single pack. It really makes you think.
>>
>>54807486
>no person of color in the group of Planeswalkers that are trying to save other people of color
Gideon?
Koth?
Narset?
Is this people for real? they have the memory span of a gold fish
>>
>>54807538
Nice facts you got therr
>>
if it's fashioned after egypt, there really would be lots of darker skinned people. I don't get what people are upset about
>>
>>54807556
>thinking that accurate reflections of reality matter to these people.
nice lol
all that matters is the pushing of one's ideology.
>>
>>54807600
North African tanned =/= Congolese black
>>
>>54807556
"diverse" and "poc" means black. Gideon and Narset and the new native-american walker are all "whitey" for these people. And Koth is not enough. Everyone has to be black or nobody is. That's how tribalism works.
>>
>>54806006
>Only the right wing engages in financial transactions
W E W
>>
>>54807650
he means the far left. keep up.
>>
>>54807600
Lorwyn was celtic/gaelic themed and they didn't even have white people in it.
>>
>>54807600
>>54807624
Not entirely wrong, though that's kinda dependent on migration patterns and such, I'd guess

>>54807668
Their fault for not being clear, plus you know how some people are, equating anything left of center with "muh cultural marxism" or a Hillary voter.
>>
>>54807538
I've seen SJWs buying fat packs out the ass in my local hobby store.
>>
>>54807709
inb4 "anecdotal evidence" argument to preserve a possible confirmation bias

People not putting their money where their mouth is WRT content relevant to their political interests isn't unheard of, but I wouldn't go so far as to say absolutely none of them give any support whatsoever (then again I'm generally averse to blanket statements and the like, so go fig).
>>
>>54807706
by my observations the center has moved notably right. so today's moderate left, was yesteryears hard left. so that assertion is not far off.
>>
File: viva caligula.jpg (77KB, 392x700px) Image search: [Google]
viva caligula.jpg
77KB, 392x700px
>Roman Plane
>Hunted Troll/Terrastadon like creatures that promote fighting and gladiatorial combat
>Glory X: If X or more creatures died in combat this turn, [ability].
>Wolves, Mad Emperors, Gods, ET CETERA
>Creature - Vampire Patrician
>>Plebians can't block Patricians

I want to be excited but I know Wizards will just fuck it up.
>>
>>54807763
In my city there were 3 stores, heavily focused in comics and games (specially 40k and mtg), well, 2 ended closing for good in the last 4 years, weren't selling shit from Marvel and mtg, why? because lefts don't buy and rights ended getting tired of this shit and left the hobby. Out of everybody I know that played mtg (30) only 5 remain
>>
>>54807882
Vampirism will just be an STD allegory
The entire set will push bestiality with beastmen races
The fantasy Senate will be all female with a backhanded flavor text about "the Asseblywomen" play
A random legendary (black/female) will be a leader of a legion of degenerates who will save the day
Thrulls will be remade as "vassels" and they will all be pleasure boys instead of normal servants
Black slave trade will be involved for no reason at all.
>>
>>54807709
The only people at my LGS are 4channers with the same political opinions I have or a general apathy towards politics. They've either stopped buying cards due to nu-Wizards shitting the bed on balance or never bought them at all (Warhams players). Mostly white men obviously, but a few black men who play Yu Gi Oh exclusively.
>>
>>54806715
DESTROYED
>>
>>54807669
It didn't have humans at all. But elves, kithikin, and giant were predominately white skinned other European facial features.
>>
>>54808039
Well, now we have two data points.

>>54807957
>All this shitposting
Remember when people were saying Amonkhet was going to be full WE WUZ, with flying pyramids and Chandra and Jace being attacked for white privilege and Samut single-handedly defeating Bolas?
>>
>>54808105
>Amonkhet was going to be full WE WUZ

It was tho
>>
>>54808105
They were right.
>>
>>54808039
Oh man, memories of HS where breakfast and lunch was nothing but black dudes playing YGO. Naturally as one of them I fucking enjoyed it, but still.

I need to look into finding a gaming store again once I'm done with this IT class, not sure how many active groups there are in NYC atm. I mean, I can always try discord if all else fails but I need an excuse to get up and go places
>>
>>54808105
>Amonkhet was going to be full WE WUZ
>Amonkhet ends up being a conspiracy about how the black people's entire way of life was contrived by the illuminatidragon to create the strongest fighters to go out into the multiverse and ravage the planes until they are all destroyed
>not full WE WUZ somehow

you went full retard mate.
>>
>>54808174
I bet there are a shitload of card shops in NYC. YGO got weird af lately though.
>>
>>54803285
one, maybe, and it's more likely that he was Mauri.
>>
>>54808214
Tell me about it, I'd need a whole other class just to catch up with the mechanics.

And if not for my thoroughly waned interest in YGO (which is just as much about my personal problems as it is about the game) I'd be raiding the shit out of this. I still have my meager collection tho.
>>
>>54808224
From what I just skimmed Mauris were North African Berbers, which would fit blackness as defined by modern standards IMO. (ofc projecting modern racial standards onto time period before the standard as we knew it existed is sure to make shit a lil wonky)
>>
>>54807486
I didn't even use to hate blacks and LGBT+ people until SJWs (who are mostly heterosexual white women of middle or higher class) started this weird ass crusade against everything I like not being full of fags and niggers fighting "social issues" that don't even exist in the setting.
>>
>>54808280
> which would fit blackness as defined by modern standards IMO
what? The vast majority of Moroccans, Algerians, Tunisians, and Libyans are all Amazighen peoples descended from the Mauri and they do not fit Blackness. I'm not arguing that they were all white like some /pol/acks that I've seen, because they certainly wouldn't fit in with what modern racial standards would consider white, especially the Emerperor Septimius Severus who you see in his family portrait, but they mostly were not black.
>>
>>54807556
And Saheeli
>>
>>54808483
There's something in here about using SJW white women to turn everyone against minorities being part of some master plan but I cbf

>>54808523
Mm, that's fair enough
>>
>>54807763
>Be center left in commiefornia
>Be constantly accused of being a white power nazi despite being brown as fuck
>Move to texas
>Nobody cares that I don't think people should be hurt because of their skin color or sexual preferences because I also don't want to take away their guns or their rights to not have every conversation they have be about poor opressed minorities
This is the world we live in now, people who have confederate flag stickers in their cars don't care that I'm mexican because I'm legal. But people who voted for Hillary continuously vandalized my garden and mailbox because I didn't want to take off my dia de muertos decorations.
>>
>>54806340

I think my least favorite part about this card is the fact that one of his hands is a fucking sword (??) but he's still using a spear. It just seems so...unwieldy.
>>
>>54808039
My LGS is half Magic Spike factory, half vidja fight club. There's a lot of overlap between the communities and a lot of black players who actually get offended if you don't call them a nigger when they behave like niggers.
>>
>>54808105
>Everyone in Amonkhet is a poor opressed slave in a warmachine factory
>Not WE WUZ
Nigga pls.
>>
>>54808561
Some neo-nazis and sympathizers are tending towards the brown side nowadays, likely out of some desperate ass "pick me I'm one of the good ones" shit.

Not that this justifies how were treated in any way at all, of course, this kinda shit is part of why I refrained from voting personally. It just goes back to the dependency on this Great Other Evil to run people's lives and it kills me
>>
>>54808602
Black fighting game fans are the best blacks. My friend is the same way, he chimps out when playing fighting games and its just good courtesy to either chimp out in kind or to scold him like an uppity house nigger.

He's the kind of guy to buy a watermelon drink and sit it on the table all boisterous until you say something about blacks and watermelon. He's a good friend.
>>
>>54808523
The problem is american identity politics minded people can only see white and black.
Racists call the irish and italians non-white, progreshits call the japanese and indian non-poc because they're not poor.

Both are full of shit and must be ignored if you want to have any sort of anthropological rigor to your knowledge of human history.
>>
>>54808602
>>54808663

I've always been a fan of fightan games even though I've never been all that good at them. To be fair I was kinda meh as a YGO player too so idk.
>>
>>54808688
As long as you're having fun with your friends its all good. Thats the magic (no pun intended) about hobbies like this, everyone gets along naturally and great fun is had by all.

Obviously that is why the leftists decided to move in.
>>
>>54807419
>a Roman
Shit, son, you need to reexamine how the Roman Empire worked. Part of what made it so strong was that, once you were in the empire, you were a Roman. They assimilated their conquered peoples and adopted things from them that worked, rather than treating them as colonies.
>>
>>54808687
I agree, hence why I added the phrase "by modern standards" and acknowledged how wonky this can make historical study.

>>54808725
Eh, I'm used to the prospect of "Stop Having Fun" guys by now, a bunch of mostly white people with messiah complexes aren't gonna put me off much.
>>
>>54808687
>racists
Both rights and lefts can and are racist, anon.
>>
>>54808769
Bingo. Issue may be the conflation of black with African, which goes back to that whole wonkiness thing I literally just mentioned. Even so the Roman Empire was more than likely to have at least several Africans and other brown-skinned people within their borders.

>>54808791
Agreed, you might marvel at how racist the LGBT community gets
>>
File: 1478038900080.jpg (102KB, 1421x905px) Image search: [Google]
1478038900080.jpg
102KB, 1421x905px
>>54808769
>>
>>54808725
>Obviously that is why the leftists decided to move in.
Because people of different ethnicities, genders, age groups, etc. being happy together is anathema to them. So they have to fuck it up.
>>
File: 1472511993945.png (490KB, 1702x403px) Image search: [Google]
1472511993945.png
490KB, 1702x403px
>>54808876
leftism and women go hand in hand.
>>
Why do I suddenly hear the sounds of an axe grinding?
>>
File: longcat-sq-1_grande.png (18KB, 517x517px) Image search: [Google]
longcat-sq-1_grande.png
18KB, 517x517px
>>54805147
>Cat Snakes, sadly are very rare in mtg, still have 4 legs just long tube like bodies too.
Sounds like something we need a lot more of
>>
>>54808934
Considering the suffragettes burned down coffee shops because men used them as an escape from the misery that was passing time with their wives, can't say I don't see some truth to this.
>>
>tfw middle-eastern friend
>only non-white in playgroup
>everyone competes in being the most racist and offensive jokes we can make
>he's the most extreme among all of us, taking it further than most of us dare
>random person at LGS comes up to us and tells us to stop being so racist towards foreign friend
>we tell her that we're just joking around and it's not meant seriously. She goes away and we mind our business. The end.
>>
You guys act like ancient egyptians were this or that. Archeologists actually have no idea. The two best ideas are modern Egyptians (which there's much evidence of having migrated from the Middle East after the Egyptian kingdoms) and the art depicted by Egyptians which included black, white, purple, red, yellow, and various nonhuman colors. Fact is nobody knows what the ancient Egyptians actually looked like and arguing about it or criticizing depictions when actual experts don't know is foolhardy.
>>
>>54809148
Patently false. And given reductionism and the general state any and all african societies got built to in ALL african history it can be safely assumed blacks didn't run shit.
>>
>>54809148
This is what liberal studies do to your brain, guys, don't do gender studies.
>>
>>54809148
Their masks and sculptures just happen to look semitic/mediterranean just because, right?
>>
>>54809148
I've literally heard the same logic used by my creationist uncle.
>No one really knows how those mountains got there because no one alive was around to see it!
>>
>>54809050
>Middle-eastern guy is the most extreme among all of us, taking it further than most of us dare
Its pretty crazy how that shit works. This one guy at work with, he is from India and he straight up said that we should send all the Muslims back the middle east and stop accepting refugees. I personally agree with him to an extent, but I don't fucking say it out loud though
>>
>>54803920
>the aforementioned Otaria being "pit fighter continent"
I mean, we were introduced to it as that, but that seemed to fade away and not be the defining feature after Torment. Otaria really did feel like a unique fantasy setting, just like much of Dominaria did. Amonkhet and Theros were very much thinly veiled copies of the cultures they were based off of.
>>
>>54803529
Proven wrong recently. The oldest human remains were found in the fucking Balkins of all places.
>>
>>54809466
That's my everyday as a brown non-american. Really the only people who bite their tongue (but actually abuse others behind everyone's back) are americans and western-europeans. Everyone else tells each other why we hate each other, then sit down to eat together because we're trapped in this rock together anyway.
>>54809680
What's the surprise? Rumanians still behave like cavemen.
>>
>>54809148
Copts are literally ancient Egyptians. They have been DNA tested and are the proven closest relation to the Pharaonic peoples of Egypt.
>>
>>54810472
Only one piece of the puzzle. 5000 years from now if I DNA tested your bones and matched it up with a certain population would that prove that only people like you and the sample population lived where you live? No.
>>
>>54810896
???
They DNA tested a random sample of recovered Egyptian remains and that data was compared to Copts. Shit, they even speak the same language.

Obviously there were Nubians in southern Egypt, but they were second-class citizens and a conquered people.
>>
>>54803271
Best EDH thread ever
>>
>>54807134
Been taking the game seriously since Tarkir.

Been playing since 9th.
>>
So, can I play this game with an Ancient Greece/Egypt/Rome themed deck?
>>
>>54804433
>Three women
>Interracial Gay Couple

Magic was a mistake.
>>
>>54806803
Ethiopeans ARE semetic tho?
>>
>>54805834

You are getting your South American dinosaur plane soon... Because in MtG and Warhammer. South and Central America = dinosaurs. Obviously.
>>
>>54811821
Don't worry, everyone who's not an orc, siren, Jace or Vraska in the pirate crews will be black.
>>
>>54809550
How can you even say this shit unironically? The culture of Amonkhet is not like the culture of ancient Egypt at all. Just because there are mummies and pyramids doesn't make it a "thinly veiled copy" just like having goblins or elves in a fantasy setting doesn't make it a carbon copy generic fantasy world. Theros admittedly is probably the least divided from its basis, but most worlds are quite easily their own thing. Fuck dude Amonkhet doesn't even have a fucking pharaoh.
>>
>>54811821
I'm not sure how far back Warhammer did it, but as of now with the popular belief that dinosaurs had feathers, I really like the connection of them to a Meso-America Aztec like world.
>>
This set is so shit I'm more exited about the Apprentice Necromancer reprint than any new cards.
>>
>>54812388
They can't all be Atraxa, can they
>>
>>54812388

>Portal Mage hilarity
>Awesome vampire mind control
>grixis pretender shenanigans
>Kittyforge Mewstic
>Shifting Shadow
>Vindictive Lich
>Fractured Identity
>Red dinner ruiner

I'm pretty pleased with this set. Lots of cool or fun things came out of it.
>>
>>54811695
Ethiopians are not Semitic.
>>
>>54812313
>Fuck dude Amonkhet doesn't even have a fucking pharaoh.
Yes it does you mongoloid. NICOL BOLAS, GOD-PHARAOH. It's a literal printed card.
>>
>>54804313
>we don't know anything about Sarpadia

Nigga there was a whole expansion set there
>>
>>54805975

Seems more like how /pol/fuckery has driven people to wilfully shit up other boards for no reasons.

Nothing new about other boards with sad autists shitting on /tg/ but at least /pol/ is so consistent you really can just ban off key phrases, and keep /tg/ 's brand of autism the dominant one here.
>>
>>54807532
>They got a nog walker though
>mtg needs moar poc
teferi is from like 1995 tho. jolrael was, as well. crovax was an mc/bbeg in the weatherlight saga. i mean i guess if you want to pretend that magic didn't exist before 2012? fuckssake.
>>
>>54813706
They are, actually.
>>
>>54806715

Okay. I'll take that.

I still think it's because modern WotC creative is incompetent enough to genuinely believe ancient Egypt is Nubian-tier black, not some elaborate conspiracy to lure in SJBucks.

There doesn't have to be a conspiracy to undermine a product with political pseudo-statements to people who don't buy your shit, when you can just be not very good at business.
>>
>>54813717
Thats just his title. The role Bolas actually played was more like a traditional god figure. The gods were more like actual egyptian pharaohs, leaders with divine heritage, and even then they werent really "rulers". Both Bolas and the gods play a distinct role where they arent actual analogues to ancient Egypt.
>>
>>54810938

What the actual fuck are you talking about.
>>
>>54809148
>You guys act like ancient egyptians were this or that. Archeologists actually have no idea.

Erm, actually it's known with almost complete accuracy. Just do a search for ancient+Egypt+DNA

One link:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/22/health/ancient-egypt-mummy-dna-genome-heritage/index.html

Ancient Egyptians were basically the same as contemporary Levantine peoples (Canaanites, ancient Israelites, Phoenicians, etc.). About 1,000 years ago, there was a migration of people from central/east Africa into Egypt which corresponds perfectly with the Arab slave trade.
>>
>>54813706

"Semitic" isn't a genetic classification. It's a linguistic category, and there's only a weak correlation between language and genetics.
>>
>>54813870
The "viziers" in Amonkhet have a pharaoh role in the society and they were based upon pharaohs from the real world. MaRo admitted they called them "viziers" because they didn't want players to get confused when talking about the God-Pharaoh Bolas.
>>
>>54813835
>if you want
Not you, them, they have the memory span of a gold fish, that's why in every block they cry for a black majority and a black walker because "there has never been one before", and everytime they get what they want
>>
>>54807882
>They make a Julius Caesar card with protection from Pirates
>>
>>54804350
I call bullshit and demand proof for both planes. Like, don't just post an individual card, I want to see that you have gone through each piece of art for Theros and Amonkhet and counted the total number of people of different races.
>>
>>54807419
> black Egyptians

The Medjay, a people who lived in what we would now call Sudan and what the Greeks called Nubia, traded and interacted with Egyptians on a regular basis. Medjay soldiers eventually formed what amounted to an elite paramilitary organization within the Egyptian army, the personal guards of the Pharaohs.

By the time of the Twelfth Dynasty the Medjay appear to have been completely assimilated into the greater Egyptian culture; they cease to be archaeologically distinct from the Egypytians.

TL;DR - yes, there were black Egyptians, although the Egyptians as a whole were not a black people.
>>
>>54819508
Except that's been done you mong.
>>
>>54808483
>I became a racist and homophobe because some other group of people hurt my feelings
>>
I wish talking about /pol/ shit was punishable by a life long ban.
>>
>>54806245
why don't you post proof the majority of them aren't black? or are you just trying to create a ridiculous request because you know it's an easy way to win your argument?
>>
>>54805718
I don't like how they rewrite characters entirely in the name of diversity. Instead of making whatsherface literally Ironman but a black girl, make her someone who was inspired by Ironman and smart enough to emulate the suit.
>>
>>54819508
Sure, another anon took the effort >>54806715
Now kindly get BTFO
>>
>>54822341
I wish calling everything you dislike /pol/ was punishable by a life long ban.
>>
>>54823235
Literally proves nothing, and still I don't see a list of Theros.
>>
>>54806715
wow get fucked tg, literally get raped.
>>
>>54822341
I wish getting fucked this hard by a guy who made the list as proof was a life long ban.
It's not /pol/ shit if it's quite literally a fact aspie.
>>
>>54817409
Iirc, that was about Temmet, who couldn't be a pharaoh because Amonkhet explicitly did not have pharaohs as creative felt it would encroach on Bolas's role. I don't know if viziers are directly related to any kind of role in egyptian hierarchy or whatever. In the Amonkhet podcast Mark says the idea of gods that walk among the people as a distinction from the Theros gods who reach down from on high and meddle was inspired by the idea of pharaohs being thought of as gods.
>>
>>54813823
/pol/ isn't a monolithic entity. It's people from other boards posting their unrelated butthurt plus redditors and marketers.
If you don't post tumblr marxist bullshit in /tg/ people won't reply with /pol/bait.
>>
>>54823358
Leftards, everyone.
>>
>>54808769
but that's wrong. conquered populations were not treated as roman for a very long ass fucking time.
>>
>>54823575
>agree with the person who is getting called /pol/ makes you a leftist
I want retards perma banned or just straight killed.
>>
>>54809680
The oldest remains of Homo Sapiens were found in Morocco like a month ago.
>>
>>54823386
You misunderstand. I don't care about the list. I wish this entire whole goddamn topic never happened. I came in here hoping for a thread about Roman Vampires, and it immediately devolves into shitposting about race. I honestly don't care if the list is accurate or not. It is irrelevant to me.

I just wanted Roman Vampire Legionnaires, and I get this shit.
>>
>>54823939
You can't be a high class roman if you're black.
And vampires represent the decadence of high class, nobilities, oligarchies, etc.
Black vampires, black romans and female soldiers, all about this card is wrong.
>>
>>54824709
Would you be terribly surprised if I said I didn't care about the color or gender of my extraplanar vampire legionnaires.
>>
>>54823358
Why is it so easy to trigger liberals?
>>
>>54824730
No but I expect people to be retarded fairweather faggots with no convictions.
People with balls will want this melting pot shit out of fantasy where it doesn't belong.
>>
>>54825047
I honestly don't know where you get the idea that "having balls" means "cares about this unimportant thing". Like, you're practically frothing at the mouth at the idea that someone dares not care about "melting pot shit".

It just isn't important. I have more important things to care about. Having convictions doesn't mean caring about the things you care about.
>>
>>54823358
cool, now you can go back to whatever forum or other site you came from and never come back :^)
>>
>>54823761

>>54824783
>>54825527
>>
>>54809680
Oh god, we're all slavs.
>>
Meanwhile I'm just wondering when we're actually going to see a new human, white, heterosexual male in a protagonist role that isn't already part of the Gatewatch. Every newly introduced 'protagonist' character since Origins was either a woman, non-white or both.
>Tazri
>Arlinn/everyone that's not Jace, just look at the short stories
>Saheeli and Pia
>Samut and Djeeru
>soon Vraska, the Pirate captains and the Aztec Planeswalker

Seriously, I get that they want to be "inclusive" and want kids to "identify with these heroes" and all that PR bullshit, but that should still at least every now and then include a regular white dude. Hell, even of the established characters, the only actual white guy is Jace himself, since Gideon is whateverthefuck every other set and seems to be a shapeshifter.
If I were a white boy getting into magic since Origins, the only other good dude with those same attributes is Jace fucking Beleren. Out of all these characters they currently have in their roster, he's the only straight white dude and that's just fucking ridiculous.

Hell, the only dudes with prominent roles that weren't Gatewatch members or straight evil were that Kor Ally guy, Sorin, if you can consider him a "good guy" and Djeeru.
>>
File: 1473122995751.jpg (108KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473122995751.jpg
108KB, 900x600px
>>54823358
Your hate fuels me
>>
File: marothefag.png (32KB, 641x461px) Image search: [Google]
marothefag.png
32KB, 641x461px
>>54826488
Got some bad news see pic related. Also I just want a busty white chick that's not a lesbian.
>>
>>54826703
Ah, so they're riding this bullshit "pay for the sins of your forefathers" agenda as well. Well, good thing western civilization has moved past holding grudges and making people pay for what their family does, right?
>>
File: marothefag2.png (31KB, 604x442px) Image search: [Google]
marothefag2.png
31KB, 604x442px
>>54826488
>>54826703
If you go to Maro's shitty blog and type female you will get 30 PAGES of this shit
>>
File: 1502143696757.jpg (98KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
1502143696757.jpg
98KB, 497x500px
>>54826740
The magic of Heavy Metal Style art and amazing worlds is dead. As long as Maro, the beta males, and the women their hired in the last 3 years are still employed expect, shitty writing and bad design both characters and game play.

I got into 40K recently, it was one of the best gaming decisions I ever made.
>>
>>54806764
Israelite, not Israeli. Ancient Israelites/Hebrews were a Semitic people, and (based on contemporary descriptions/art) looked a lot like modern Arabs. Modern Israelis, however, are almost all descended from Eastern European immigrants.
>>
>>54812334
>I'm not sure how far back Warhammer did it
earliest I can remember is third edition, which is '87. Might have been a thing before that.

I'm on the fence about the set. Mixing pirates and dinosaurs is good on paper, but having the whole jace element right off the bat is putting me off a little. They should have taken more inspiration from Odyssey, and left the connecting elements out for a set.
>>
>>54826914
>Modern Israelis, however, are almost all descended from Eastern European immigrants.
Demonstrably untrue. Not only are over 50% of Israelis Mizrahi Jews (Levantine/Peninsular origin), but all the "European immigrants" are genetically Levantine as well. DNA analysis has proven this beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Thread posts: 276
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.