[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GWR/2: Deities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 5

Previous Thread:
>>54769514
>>54769514

So with the players now finishing up their characters, I can now begin on plot and adjacent articles of interest. Gods and spirit courts might be a think, especially since we've got Gastanon as paladin, Frollanon on cleric, and KB-6 on 'ancestral lion spirits' Druid.

But how important are the gods usually, in your settings? I don't want to come down too heavy with divine miracles all over the place, or too soft and have them wonder Where's My Sigmar At.

Tell me of your gods/spirits and how much meddling is too much.
Also, here, for nostalgia bait: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO21ze8Up34
>>
>>54802033
Here's some of what I've written/borrowed so far:

Dragon-Worship: The world is full of spirits, beasts, monsters, and men, yet only in the Dragon is there the perfect balance of spiritual/magical and physical prowess. All forms of life, all spirits, are on a quest for perfection which leads to being reincarnated as a Dragon.
-prominent in the north and east.
>>
>>54802213
Spirit Courts: Uncountable as the grains of sand, and as unique as them. The living emerge from their number, and the dead return to them. There is no afterlife, only an endless circle of possession. Above all of this are the Courts, named by the Elements. Appease them, and you will prosper, for a time.
-prominent in the fringes.
>>
File: Solar ruler fate-apocrypha.jpg (261KB, 850x1201px) Image search: [Google]
Solar ruler fate-apocrypha.jpg
261KB, 850x1201px
>>54802307
Our Lady of the Hallowed Dawn: Man was once as gods, but the spirits of the world grew jealous. They dragged us from the Heavens and made us forget our radiant past. The Dragons are, or were, our wardens. But Our Lady and her knights slew the Lord of Dragons, casting them to the farthest reaches, and banished the Outer Darkness. In time, the dawn will come, and the Heavens will open to those who are faithful. The rest.... will be left to the horrors they feigned to consort with.
-prominent in the central kingdoms, Gastanon and Frollanon are participants.
>>
File: fair folk forest king.jpg (52KB, 590x800px) Image search: [Google]
fair folk forest king.jpg
52KB, 590x800px
>>54802440
The Fae/The Djinn: They wait on the edges of space and time, at once a part of the world and of many other, better worlds. Worlds they once showed men. Worlds that could be within reach so easily. They are one step behind you, in your shadows, in your thoughts, your dreams and nightmares... or your enemies'. You need only let them in. Power, wealth, pleasures, pain; these are theirs to give and ours to have, if only you let. Them. In. Be not afraid, and let the feast begin.
>>
Each of these formats has its pros and cons.
-The Dragon worshippers aren't really concerned with the afterlife, so much as perfecting themselves mentally, physically, mentally in This lifetime. Nobody's asking them to staple wings to their shoulders, necessarily, but Dragons are considered the universal symbol of completion.
-The Spirit Courts can be contacted where'er, when'er, they're everywhere. Practicioners perform relatively simple observances, nothing too fancy or requiring a cathedral, and get a good life. You get what you put into it.
-The Hallowed Dawn is all about that 'sentient exceptionalism'. It's got a Heaven, it's got a Hell, shiny rituals, tithes, cathedrals, holy days with icon-wielding bishops and shit. It's brilliant.
-The Fae aren't snobs; unlike the other three, there's no sense of obligation of moral highground. It's less Weekly Mass and more Contract law. But you better hold your end of the bargain!

Let me know if I should add any more.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.