[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weeb Goblins Wat Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Anon works at his FLGS.
Anon is the only vaguely gamey person in his FLGS who is pretty much in charge of cardgames, RPGs, Tabletop Wargaming, and comic books simply by virtue of being the only one who knows anything about any of them.

Yesterday, a lady from a local autistic kids' incubation program run by a bunch of helicopter parents came in and asked for 16 premade, balanced decks. We just keep our cards that aren't new boosters in loose boxes for customers to request to look through.

The shop's owner promised that they'd be ready for her to pick up at 5 PM tomorrow, because he doesn't know anything about card games.

Tomorrow comes today, this morning I was told that I was going to handle building decks for her because it can't be that hard and I'm the one who sorts all the cards so I must know how to play every game we carry in the store. I've never voluntarily touched Yu-Gi-Oh save for sorting them into the boxes by color and letting the creepy weaboos do what they will as long as they're not stealing anything.

Help me, /tg/, you are my only hope of stemming the tide of weaboo goblins that will descend as a blight the likes of which have never been seen before.
>>
>>54800132
Don't you have demo decks? Like, the 30 card ones wizards gives out to get people hooked? If not, just have the owner eat the coast of pre-made decks. also fuck yugioh mtg's better
>>
How the fuck can you own a FLGS without knowing about games? It makes no sense
>>
File: OhGodWhatTheFuck.png (2MB, 813x1185px) Image search: [Google]
OhGodWhatTheFuck.png
2MB, 813x1185px
>>54800172
Uh, fuck no. This is Konami. They don't playtest, balance, or anything like that. I know it's better, but the goblin herder was determined that she needed Yu-Gi-Oh because that's the cartoon the kids liked and she wants them to play games.
>>54800181
Because originally it was just a hobby shop but the owner's son was a geek and he wanted to impress his kid but his kid just left to do his own thing and now he's stuck with a FLGS which is basically the only FLGS in the city so everyone is desperate to get him to keep it.

Pic Related and Text to Speech Device are all I know about Yu-Gi-Oh. Pls Halp.
>>
>>54800132
Grab 150 yellow-orange cards, 400 orange cards, 200 purple-red cards, and 150 green cards at random.
If you see cards that look good together, put them together. If you see cards that call out other cards, set them aside (uuntil abd unless you see the other cards later).
Once you got your stacks, pare down any >40 and fluff up any less.

Go through each stack and count the number of cards that say "Tuner".
For each one, add a random white card to the stack (make sure it doesn't require specific mobsters not in the stack).
Then add random black cards to each stack (again, make sure the decks can pay their cost).
Each stack should have 15 cards from black or white.

If Links are out in english yet (not sure if they are), make sure each deck has 3 or 4 Link monsters (cut black cards for them).
Which Link monsters you give really, truly, honest to god won't matter.
>>
>>54800132
>>54800265
>a local autistic kids' incubation program
Some if those kids are higher functioning than others.
You could probably build a straight pecking order.

The higher functioning kids will win, regardless of deck.
They won't even throw matches to be social, on account of being dumber than rats.
>premade, balanced decks.
Which is why
>balanced
will not matter.

>promised that they'd be ready for her to pick up at 5 PM
If you know any Yugioh regulars, beg them for help.
Offer a pittance (or snacks) if need be.

If you still feel in over your head and don't know any regulars, go to an arcade and ask the people playing Fighting Games for help.
>>
>>54800265
Just give them all Kitten's deck.
>>
Just put similar cards in each deck.
Start with a color and put 16 similar cards (same card or just similar numbers on the lower corner or even just same number of stars under the name) in front of you on the table.
Than go to the next color and do the same.
Do this until each deck has 40 cards.
Tedious but doable.

>>54800265
>Because originally it was just a hobby shop but the owner's son was a geek and he wanted to impress his kid but his kid just left to do his own thing and now he's stuck with a FLGS which is basically the only FLGS in the city so everyone is desperate to get him to keep it.
Parents are idiots.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.