[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You've been asked to kill 40k. How do you do it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 18

File: 7223703.jpg (28KB, 1200x583px) Image search: [Google]
7223703.jpg
28KB, 1200x583px
You've been asked to kill 40k.

How do you do it?
>>
space skaven
>>
File: IMG_0426.jpg (128KB, 1139x731px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0426.jpg
128KB, 1139x731px
>>54797930
Start charging sixty dollarydoos for a single plastic model when you can get a whole box set plus extras for that price in a system like Malifaux.

Oh, hang on a second...
>>
>>54797930
Let the Chaos win
>>
>>54797930
Emperor dies.

Game over.
>>
>>54797930
I'll start bringing back Primarchs, making Chaos the inevitable victors and massively decreasing art and model quality across the board.

Oh wait....
>>
>>54797930
fast forward to 41k.
>>
>>54797930
Make orkz win.

Permanent dakka
Permanent strife
Big e thinks that only orks can stop chaos... And believes in them. Which in turn channels belief in gork and mork towards emprah merging them.

So basically, chaos gods obliterated, gork and mork obliterated, big e obliterated, eldars, necrons and rest obliterated by orks.

After all that strife orks discover knitting, and find it more engaging than war.
>>
I would not intervine.
>>
Purposely advertise and cater to minority groups, while ignoring the current playerbase
>>
>>54797930
The game? Probably what GW is doing right now, but with more AoS shit like Grand Alliances.

The lore? It'd be fun to have a nidpocalpse. Roll it all the way back to the sigmentum solar. Trillion or so refugees, tons of internal fuckery and strife as all of mankind is on the brink.
>>
>>54797930
All marines are now female. Men cannot be space marines. Blame Cawl. Where's my golden parachute?
>>
>>54798004
And yet those models are selling like hotcakes and GWs stock keeps climbing through the roof after already hitting an all-time high.

While I don't know a single person who actually plays Malifaux.

I think you people need to admit that GW might actually know what they're doing, because they run a multi-million dollar business and your dumb ass does not.
>>
An event that ties up all the plot lines but sumitaniously leaves all 40k factions crippled and broken as an excuse to maintain the setting, will most likely requires lots of deus/diablo ex machinas.
>abaddon and all the forces of chaos reach terra
>after 11k years the emperor is ready recovered to pull his secret trap card
>duels super abaddon like he did in the heresy
>secret plan to sacrifice himself to cause a psychic, galaxy wide cataclysm that will wipe out chaos and the dark gods but also destroy the imperium
>meanwhile eldar have foreseen that this will allow the hive mind to devour everything without resistance
>engineers it so gazzy, who has gone full primeork, goes off to fight the hive mind
>main Tyra is fleet goes up on the edge of tau space, effortless blows their planets away, tau freaking out
>Orks show up
>huge three way battle destroys all tau core worlds causing biggest psychic evwe, bigger than the fall
>gork and mork physically manifest and fist fight nid ships the size of solar systems
>emperor's plan in motion, kills himself and abaddon sending a psychic shockwave that destroys almost all psykers and daemons, blows up the earth and wipes out the chaos fleet
>but rather than hitting the warp and destroying the gods it goes off target hits the hive mind wiping out everything fighting there just as eldar planned
> 90% of orks across the galaxy burn out and die to Waagh backlash
>echos of it shatter the gods, but not destroy them, and seal away the warp
>eldar freed from the grip of slaanesh
>oh, and eldar and their notchaosgod ynnead destroy all the main players of the necron faction in a second war in heaven that costs them almost everything
And so every faction faction is left a shadow of its former self, unable to effect anything on a grand scale but still have armies of your dudes running round fighting.
>>
>>54797930
A lone Custodes guarding the Imperial Palace sneaks inside some very old chambers, reads a bunch of ancient holy books that were preserved, learns the truth, kills the head of the ecclesiarchy, and forcefully implements pure monotheism in the Imperium, which ultimately saves mankind from itself.
>>
File: IMG_0084.jpg (490KB, 488x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0084.jpg
490KB, 488x1200px
>>54797930
Resurrect the Emperor in his entire glory. Purge all xenos. Purge all Chaos. Create a galactic utopia of enlightened humanity.
>>
>>54798157
>Probably what GW is doing right now, but with more AoS shit like Grand Alliances.
Where were you when 2e went to 3e?
It's like you think 40k hasn't undergone any incredible revisions in terms of mechanics and setting before, and each time, it ended up better for it.
>>
>>54798575
I don't support their business practices in the slightest, but this guy has it right.

Unfortunately 40k will persist even if the tabletop game takes a dip. The universe is very popular in nerddom.
>>
>>54797930
What, kill it dead so no one wants to play it again? Introduce a chakat faction.
>>
>>54797930
Add ponies to the armor dudes. thats it.
>>
>>54797930
Immediately go full SJW. Half the Primarchs and their legions are now female (6/9 loyalists), and 5/9 males are now minorities. The two lost primarchs were transgendered, and Chaos got to them before the Empress. Luckily, there genetic lineages were subsumed into several of the loyalist legions, so several chapters have high rates of transgenderism. Ferrus Manus wasn't killed, only crippled, and ever since his sons have been blessed to become differently abled post-transition.

Slaanesh is replaced by Patriaus, Chaos god of oppression. The Eldar are now 100% female, and Patriaus was created by the other three Chaos gods as a weapon to crush them. Tyranids and Orks are gendered male, Tau are hermaphroditic.
>>
>>54799720
>The universe is very popular in nerddom.

Not really. It's got some fervent fans, but it's not even an A-lister. It's still banking on video games that are over a decade old for any recognition outside of the extreme niche that is tabletop war gaming.
>>
>>54799807
The kind of people that use 'sjw' as a term are dumb. Don't be the kind of people that use 'sjw' as a term. It boils shit down way too much and strawmans the arguments those kinds of people put forth, which a lot of the time aren't even the same arguments as the next person that people would apply the term to. It's like saying all of the left support all leftists are far left and all rights are far right. It's a range, not a line.
>>
>>54799831
Space Marine is not over a decade old, Total War Warhammer was quite popular and there are still games coming out that people play. It's also still the most popular wargame based upon the merit of an original universe and models. The only real challenger is X-wing, which is a product derived from what could be argued as the most popular franchise on the planet.
>>
File: trewtrewtrew.gif (2MB, 354x200px) Image search: [Google]
trewtrewtrew.gif
2MB, 354x200px
>>54797930
End it like End Times, just to get the schadenfreude of all the assblasted nerds.
>>
Rename everything for maximum copyright, using WikiWords in as nonsensical a manner as possible. Remove options from the game for models you don't sell. Discourage kitbashes, and make all models monopose and ugly. Balkanize the playerbase into multiple camps.

They would never do that though. Right?
>>
>>54799807
>Half the Primarchs and their legions are now female (6/9 loyalists)
>Eldar are now 100% female
I like it.
>>
>>54799862

You would say that, wouldn't you? You fucking SJW.
>>
>>54799882
Space Marine wasn't popular. It was the Dawn of War series that essentially kept 40k from becoming a compete nonentity in nerddom.

Nerddom is vast. If you want to call something "very" popular, you can't name things that are roughly as popular as Buffy the Vampire Slayer or The Blue Beetle.

Wargaming is an extreme niche hobby, and even the most popular wargame only has a really small subset of fans compared to other nerd mediums.
>>
>>54797930
Bring Sanguinus back as the bad guy. Make Horus the good guy. Emperor was just a jobber. Just female space marines from now on. Replace all xenos with tau.
And make all gw stuff in the model train pricerange and in finecast.
How did I do?
>>
>>54799998
Finecast alone is a good enough reason. That shit is cancer, and might literally be carcinogenic too.
>>
>>54797930
Add in space furries and completely ruin the appeal that it has as a grim dark sci-if borderline fantasy setting.
>>
>>54799978
I'm a moderate at best, leaning right in most of my politics. I just tend to hate stupid nomenclature that paints large swathes of people with usually very little in common as being the same thing so long as they fit into a very broad set of criteria that prove very little about said person's character or other views. Not to mention that said nomenclature is used like a weapon against a ton of people that wouldn't even agree with one another about how to use said nomenclature. It's a joke, and so are the people that use it unironically.

It doesn't escape me you're probably a separate person having a laugh, just thought I'd parse out my explanation for the original poster.
>>
>>54797930
Sell it to Disney.
>>
>>54799994
Buffy the Vampire slayer lasted several seasons and was aired in a dozen countries at prime-time all the way to its finale. I don't think that's c-list. That said, I concede to your other points.
>>
>>54800087
Buffy the Vampire Slayer in 2017 is very different from Buffy the Vampire Slayer in 1999.
>>
>>54800116
There's a 2017 buffy?
>>
>>54797930
Time of ending. Then it and AoS are blended into one game.
>>
>>54797930
Make Emperor Trump canon.
>>
>>54800125
As in, the popularity of the series.
>>
>>54797930
start hiring people exclusively from Seattle, USA
>>
>>54800116
Well sure, but one is a television show and one is a tabletop game with a much longer half-life. Buffy wasn't part of a stable of franchises like the Flinstones or Tom and Jerry or any other group of projects like that. Of course the series' popularity has waned since it stopped being shown on television. The Simpsons classics are still much loved, but they wouldn't have an extremely active group of people buzzing around them in the modern day. Apples and pears I guess I'm trying to say.
>>
>>54798637
that actually sounds comfy as fuck
>>
>>54797930
I wait patiently for a couple years.
>>
>>54798135
We found the magic player
>>
>>54800071
Holy shit can you call my cell and leave that as a vm so I can play it back to you so you can hear how much of a massive faggot you sound like?

Seriously you are on /tg/ on 4chan no one gives a shit.
>>
>>54798575

Nonsense. Games Workshop are alive because their IP is insanely popular and they got lucky in the 80s/90s hobby boom.

Their business decisions have been awful and mostly a detriment to the company .

You're looking at it as though because they're doing better than some random tiny competitor. When in reality you should be looking at it as why aren't they doing insanely better than they are considering their hugely advantageous position and market dominance?
>>
Rowboat, in an effort to leave the IoM better prepared to fight the REAL enemies, makes an official alliance with the Tau "joining" the greater good but still maintaining an independent govt (like the Kroot).

The Imperium splits into civil war again, but Rowboat holds Terra by the end. Tau tech breaks the Admechs stranglehold on technology, in return for the IoM taxiing the Tau around the Galaxy and gifting them colony worlds beyond Damocles.

Tau tech + Imperial production capacity = a massive boost in firepower for imperial forces, and the result is a rapidly approaching new golden age.

One of the smaller Eldar craftworlds is even making murmurs of joining the alliance as well.
>>
>>54800345
This, it will die soon enough.
>>
New human faction based off American revolutionaries who can resist the corruptuon of Chaos through the power of freedom. They win a long protracted war vs the empire and are about to defeat the emperor, when he fucks off to the eye of chaos and reveals he was the chaos god of racism, and that his plan was to eventually replace all humans with space marines. This takes about 2 months real time.
>>
Put what is 25% of /tg/ onto a new Warhammer-oriented screech chamber
>>
>>54799275
That is utter ignorant horse shit. There's *never* been a fluff upheaval as major or retarded as 8th ed, nor such a blatant switch to more trademarkable ranges and action figure like aesthetics.
>>
>>54800526
Anyone that needs to say 'lol faggot no one cares' in response to getting called out on their shitty behaviour probably just doesn't want to accept that they're being shitty.

You're an asshole.
>>
>>54797937
Hrud used to be this.
>>
>>54800597
Fucking boom. Preach it.
>>
>>54801226
Dropped your fedora friend
>>
>>54797930
Stop producing 40k.
Game dies when you stop supporting it.
>>
>>54799807
It's never that blatant anon. The infestation is much like Chaos. It starts quietly, with a few minor quirks here and there, a few changes in direction. Certain figures start receiving more attention, new characters fitting in with the narrative come onto the scene in importance. For the most part, no one really cares.

And that's when they start to take over. Just look at what Kennedy's doing with Star Wars or what's happened with Marvel Comics. It's a long game.
>>
>>54801355
Don't be a cunt and stop responding. Jesus christ, you fucking sjw cunt
>>
>>54801717
Ay I'm not your sjw you antifa fuck
>>
>>54797930
I outsource the writing to tumblerinas, they will do a much better job of it then I ever could
>>
>>54801717
He's the guy that was going on about SJWs, I'm the dude that was dressing him down. Yo.
>>
>>54798637
Admech are apparently still rolling along as happy as ever, so I'm down for that. Although we're not exactly major players outside of lore, the writers don't really care about us one way or the other.
>>
>>54797930
I would still my hand and bite my tongue.
>>
Emperor wakes up, the Psionic shakewave expunging all malevolence on the physical plain and the twist is that there is nothing untainted. Emps is the sole survivor, forces himself back into a coma and dreams the Warhammer fantasy universe into existence.
>>
File: DANK_MEMBRANCER.png (571KB, 800x616px) Image search: [Google]
DANK_MEMBRANCER.png
571KB, 800x616px
>>54797930
>>
>>54797930
People like 40k for the aesthetics and feel more then anything, so strike there.

Nu Marines take on Tauesque aesthetics, clean boxy lines and fiture tech helmets. Glass visors on everything, tacticool imperial guards, etc.

Game gets divided into alliances as everyone realizes chaos must be stopped. Side A is Eldar, Humans, Tau and Necrons. Side B is Orks and Nids, whose hiveminds have merged due to the war for Octarius going on so long. Finally chaos.

The Inquisition is formally deposed and integration between Tau, Eldar and Humans begin. Eldar are saved from Slaneesh by worshipping the Emperor. The Reasonable Crons agree to keep to dead planets and moons, and worship the Emperor as the new Silent King, their own abdicating in their favor.

The noblebright alliance preaches tolerance, progress and acceptance. Their forces are armed with gauss weapons, ride in battlesuits and use droppods and Eldar tanks for transports.

To the Sun Rise!
>>
>>54797930
I wouldn't, I like 40k
>>
>>54797930
Literally just stop making it
keep selling models but no rules, books, lore, or anything else
Also don't tell the fans just stop
>>
>>54800611
>Imperium joining the much smaller and weaker Tau
Fucking taufags
>>
>>54798637
Just as planned by the eldar. I dig it.
>>
>>54799862
I agree in general terms, but it's useful in terms of describing the progressive left extremists (which are indeed a thing) in the same way one might denounce alt-righters and /pol/acks.
>>
>>54799910
Don't give ADB ideas.
>>
>>54797930
First, bring out a new codex for each race every year, with regular updates, add ons and corrections every month or so, results in a massive unwieldly rule system that no-one is able to fully learn, understand or play as every game ends in arguments. Sprinkle with lots of counter intuative rules and FAQs, like Searchlights no longer assist AA batteries, troops CAN climb the sheer surfaces of walls and still assault first, vehicles can't enter multi-story carparks, flamers no longer effect bunker occupants but can shoot down aircraft, etc, to raise the arguing and WTFs to maximum.
>>
>>54797930
The Emperor is brought back to full strength... and then says Horus was right and becomes a new Chaos god.
>>
>>54800526
show me where the mean ess jay dubya touched you
>>
>>54797930
Let Matt Ward write some more fluff and rules.
>>
>>54800611
Oh, the delicious tears that would bring. Make sure to emphasize how superior the Tau technology is when they were cavemen when the HH was in swing.
>>
>>54802241
This one is also good.
>>
>>54799226
Haha, with Primus Space Marines being relegated to Guard duty at the Emperor's palace while tourists pull faces at them and take pictures.
>>
>>54801767
"Dressing him down" yeah don't worry that's about the only thing your gonna get a shot at dressing down friend.
>>
>>54799807
>eldar are now 100% female
and 200% doujin bait
>>
>>54797930

Open a brothel next door to every Warhammer shop.
>>
>>54797930
>How do you do it?

Make selling the books and figs to sperlords illegal. Sell it by saying it's good for their mental health.
>>
>>54798575
>selling like hotcakes
Proof?

>stock climbing
After slumming it for fucking years, look up 'dead cat bounce'

>don't know a single person who plays Malifaux
Says more about you and your social circle than Malifaux, m8.

>GW might know what they're doing
8th was a big boost, some of the most fun I've had outside of RT and 4th. But for most of their existence thaeyve been run by idiots and bastards.

I'm assuming you're not from Australia or New Zealand, two countries where GW charges 20-30% more in real dollar terms just because they can. Plus they're cutting supply to independent retailers to maintain their discriminatory pricing.

40k is still huge here, but it's losing ground to agile games like Infinity and Malifaux because people are learning that you can get games with depth for a tenth the price.

You can buy a whole Malifaux force for the price of the new Marine codex. The penny will drop sooner or later.
>>
>>54797930
Bring back Necromunda and Mordheim
>>
>>54797930
TO KILL 40K ?
Well, ask GW to continue the story, it'll die slowly but frankly. Poison like, so that all neckbeard will suffer
>>
>>54798637
You forgot the metal boys.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAY by blonde The Fonze.png (283KB, 417x555px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAY by blonde The Fonze.png
283KB, 417x555px
>>54798637
That sounds like something GW would do, just needs to be introducing more OP factions to sell more products

Reminds me of that old 50K fanfic "The Shape of the Nightmare to Come" where Vulkan comes back to rebuild the entire Imperium from scratch
>>
>>54797930
9E = 7E
>>
>>54800597
this. a 1000 times this.
t. gaming since 1E
>>
>>54797930
Female Space Marines and male sororitas
>>
>>54797930
Honestly if you asked me 10 years ago I would've said "Build a more balanced tabletop game off a popular widely recognizable brand and add pre-painted minis to entice the lazy bums who field grey tides."

Then X-Wing and Armada happened.
>>
>>54797930
Fire all the current staff.
Hire all new staff fresh out of college with little regard to how well they can actually do the job and make sure that each hire is as ideologically charged as possible, SJWs, /pol/tards. a couple wild commies and a Lone Anarco Capitalist.
Then just let nature take it's course.
>>
>>54807512
Were talking 40k not mtg
>>
>>54802489

Technically its just an alliance that agrees to follow the rules of the Greater Good enough that they can work together. Independant govt like he said would mean that the Ethereals don't run the Imperium, they just work with those that do.

And really, if tolerating xenos is what it takes to kick out the AdMech, its well worth the price.
>>
>>54807324
Op said kill not "make better in every conceivable way."
>>
>>54798575
Not that guy, but I jumped ship from 40k to Malifaux about 5 years back. It's been great. Even after 5 years of playing and collection I haven't spent as much as I did on
2.5k pts worth of Guard.
>>
>first create a "relatively peaceful" period where all the armies suddenly stop fighting as much
>Imperium reorganizes its military and political structure and becomes more lax and lenient
>Orks got a new Warlord (probably Ghazghkull but could be someone else) that can unite most of them and is bidding his time and cementing his position
>Eldar manage to create a weapon that can battle "she who thirst" or better yet become free from the control due to another major event
>Someone finally replaces Abbadon as warmaster (hopefully Angron)
>Necrons unearth all their shit
>Nids main hivefleet is now close
>Tau manage to get all the other wayward alien races on their side
>Squats are back
>Mechanicus gets some needed reforms
>Finally manage to gain contact with MIA Primarchs

>then the end times happen
>>
Just let them keep doing what they are doing desu. Maybe increase the price even more often.
>>
>>54797930
Sell Games Workshop to Disney. They'll do to it what they did to Star Wars, and the franchise will die.
>Movies produced where one of the primarchs is depicted as trans or something
>Female space marines are introduced
>Orks are banned because they're a rayciss depiction of PoC, failing to recognize that in doing so they're tacitly admitting that PoC are Ork-tier
>Writing staff is all replaced with gay jewish muslim trans women of color, quality of literature goes directly into the toilet and becomes nothing more than boring one-dimensional political propaganda
>Other SJW shit that will completely alienate their core audience and cause precisely no one to purchase their products
Y'know, all the same stuff that killed Bioware and Marvel, essentially.
>>
I pull a Marvel and begin actively insulting my fanbase.
>>
>>54808059
franchise was already dead they just failed to bring the rotting corpse back to life
>>
lower the price
>>
>>54801656
The goal was to kill Warhammer 40k. The intent is to be abrupt and blatant about the SJW shit.
>>
>>54797930
Get rid of the xenophobic nature of the empire and encourage tech progress. Dead 40k
>>
>>54797930
Idk but my local game store is sending boxes back to GW because no one is buying that shit now that they might be forced to lower prices.
>>
>>54797930
Lower the prices.
>>
File: 1501799780928.jpg (50KB, 1200x526px) Image search: [Google]
1501799780928.jpg
50KB, 1200x526px
>>54800071
What a dainty little faggot you are. Kill self immediately.
>>
File: alaindelon.gif (429KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
alaindelon.gif
429KB, 500x280px
>>54807817
>better
>>
Don't lower prices immediately.
>>
>>54797930
Detonate a nuclear bomb in New York City, that should get well over the goal.
>>
Stop selling 40k models, don't produce new books, take 40k profits and put them somewhere else.
>>
>>54798132
>Orks start knitting dakka doilies before they start to argue about who made the best one.
>Doilies get a nice splattering of color as the argument gets more heated.
I like this
>>
>>54797930
Same way you kill the Hogfather.
>>
>>54797930
post anime images in 40k threads
>>
>>54797930
Main Tyranid Hive Fleet arrives and eats everything. Warp dies out. Necrons inherit dead galaxy.
>>
>>54808274
Remember to do a 180 later when it starts selling worse. That way you can alienate both the old-time fans (with sjw shit) and the sjws because you turn out to be a money-grubbing rightist after all.
>>
File: 1370737530925.jpg (391KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1370737530925.jpg
391KB, 1280x960px
>>54799944
Trips and dubs and nobody's paying due respects for truth? Holy shit. Is this really the 'four chans' I've heard so much about?
>>
>>54797930
With a 62.5 million dollar law suit that would make 40K public domain.

Oh, wait, that's real!
>>
File: IMG_0212.jpg (704KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0212.jpg
704KB, 2592x1936px
>>54807845
>been playing 40k since 88
>buying minis for 40k since 1985, pic related
>5000+ points of marines, nids, tau
>if I still had my full collection MIB I could probably exchange it for a house
>picked up Malifaux 2e after being interested for a while
>wife loves that she can play me with more than just sororitas as an all-female force
>tactical depth and lots of tricky shit
>New Marine codex $84 and single hero miniature $60 for a total of $144
vs
>Lucius crew with Graves and Tannen for me, Colette crew with Angelica and December Acolytes for my wife, starter set and rulebook for $160.

Best of all, Malifaux is so much deeper than 'push your shit into the middle of the table and roll the dice'.

I'll always love the 40k IP but that doesn't mean that a younger, sexier, deeper, cheaper contender isn't worth sticking a finger inside.
>>
>>54816700

Oh fuck the asian on the left could have been me if I didn't take losing weight seriously
>>
>>54797930

Squat the smurfs.
>>
I make it part of the lore that all Primarchs are perpetuals.
All the traitor Primarchs including Horus become redeemed and denounce chaos, then they wage war to free the Emprah from the clutches of Rawbutt and his faction.
>>
Go live in California, open a store, sue GW for monopoly. Profit.
>>
File: 1429401119800.jpg (98KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
1429401119800.jpg
98KB, 497x500px
>>54802241
>GW will never allow this
>>
>>54797930
No SJW shit, it can attract SJWs and make it profitable. No typical 90 dystopia story. Make Horus Heresy series at least 100 books long. Save money hiring korean artists. All races now have their own spacemarines. More plastic FX on everything.
>>
>>54805882

>Proof?

How about all of the trading updates which GW have released declaring massive growth in sales and revenues, or the year-end results which show revenue and profits enormously higher than at any point in their history.

>look up 'dead cat bounce'

Kek, sure, a dead cat bounce that takes the form of a year share prices nearly quadrupling in a year, to a peak that's more than twice the previous high.

>I'm assuming you're not from Australia or New Zealand, two countries where GW charges 20-30% more in real dollar terms just because they can.

Everything in Australia and NZ is 20-30% more expensive, not just GW products.
>>
>>54797930
Let it go about it's business
>>
Make the Sisters of Battle stronger and tactically superior than the Ultramarine

Introduce a faction of Space Marines who canonically have brown skin.

Do a big media/advertising push to bring in new blood.

Make a push for all the new material to point out that you aren't suppose to take ANY of it seriously.

Rerelease old models as $10 prepainted plastic figures.
>>
>>54797930
>You've been asked to kill 40k.
stop giving them attention.
>>
>>54801773
>>54806492
Admech no longer have any astropaths or guided warp travel I assume, so they're untouched but completely isolated.
>>
>>54798004
That's not USD right?
>>
>>54821044
>Introduce a faction of Space Marines who canonically have brown skin

Salamanders?
>>
40k Total War
>>
>>54797930
Give the community control
>>
>>54821672
I'm thinking that he's more meaning trying to race-bait.
>>
>>54822536
White Scars?
>>
>>54798004
I maneuver GW and Blizzard into an extended legal battle because Reaper is clearly infringing on that Primaris Chaplain.
>>
File: Tubes.png (72KB, 611x587px) Image search: [Google]
Tubes.png
72KB, 611x587px
>>54797937
>>
>>54820282
I asked for proof that those specific models were selling like hot cakes, you dickhead.

And how the fuck would you know anything about pricing in Australia/NZ, as you clearly don't live here. If you did, you'd know what bullshit that last claim of yours is.

>>54821304
Nope, Aussie dollarydoos. NZ is even more expensive than that. GW has always milked the colonial outposts hard, but now it's getting fucking ridiculous. $98 for the new SM codex was pretty much the last straw for me. I've probably put $25,000 or more into GW since the mid-eighties, and I don't need any more models. I have six 100 litre bins full of unassembled kits. I'll just obtain my codexes electronically in the form of 'backup copies stored off site'.

In the meantime I'll be playing Malifaux, Mordheim, Necromunda, Shadow War and Legends of the Old West.
>>
>>54797930

Hand it to GW.
>>
>>54800526
>say doesn't give a shit
>go on tirade about "SJWs"

Sure the guy you're replying to isn't good either but don't start shit if you don't want shit.
>>
>>54797930
To kill 40k, one must kill GW. To kill GW, we must hit it right in the revenue. Their hugely overpriced models will be their own undoing, once you get people to stop buying them, the game will die.

3D printing can, today, make pretty good models for 40k's boxy vehicles. I pour my time into assembling a comprehensive collection of quality digital models and distributing them across the internet, alongside comprehensive guides on 3D printing and how to paint these models (not using GW paints, obviously).

But then there are the smaller, more detailed models. These, I would need to buy and make molds of. Lots of molds. I can't do this next step alone, I need a network. I'd need an army of violent criminals, buying my molds and lurking behind gaming shops selling them to impressionable youths. Again, I would need to provide easy-to-follow instructions on casting. The goal here isn't to put my models on everyone's shelves and tables, it's to get them to stop buying GW models.

That in mind, I unveil my master stroke. A 40k simulator. A game where two players pick out units for their digital armies right before the game, easy as pushing a button and completely free. The units, rules, etc would be ripped straight from the books. I'd make the most fucking gorgeous graphics, idle animations, sound effects and character models for the game, and add a devkit so fans can update it for editions and design their own models. No one need ever play the tabletop game again.
>>
>>54797930
Bring back squats and put them in everything
>>
>>54826841
make them their own fucking faction

have them gain independence from the Imperium and create their own book of grudges
>>
>>54798132
Make Hruds Win
>>
>>54798637
>>gork and mork physically manifest and fist fight nid ships the size of solar systems

Can we Please?
>>
>>54821044
>Introduce a faction of Space Marines who canonically have brown skin.

The Celestial Lions you fucking idiot
>>
>>54827364
give Hruds a faction again
>>
>>54797930
wait 6 months
>>
Begin removing/permanently writing off all major lore characters. Replace them with characters created on the wheel of diversity. (Randomly roll for each character's ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation. Remember to use your d100 for the last two!) Combine this with a massive advertising blizt to draw in people who appreciate the new 'inclusive' 40k. Overhaul to 9th edition where you Age of Sigmar the whole shebang and flip any untouched lore on its head as well. Also, simplify the rules down to mongoloid levels. Finally, start selling low quality prepainted models.

This will anger the older fans either due to /pol/ leanings or just shaking up their lore for no goddamn reason and adding all these proud demiotherkin of color. Grognards will throw their hands up in disgust at the new 'casual' rules. Hobbyists will die out as well.

Even if it 'works' and nu-40k takes off, the actual 40k will be dead, which is the point of this thread.
>>
File: purge everything.jpg (13KB, 200x220px) Image search: [Google]
purge everything.jpg
13KB, 200x220px
Mechanicus discovers a fully intact STC machine and begins turning out massive quantities of archeotech ships weapons and armor. Imperial guard becomes ridiculously OP and the imperium proceeds to
>>
File: reeeeee.png (18KB, 217x220px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeee.png
18KB, 217x220px
>>54807804
>kick out the AdMech

Let's see what happens when your machine spirits turn against you fucking heretic
>>
The Omnissiah is displeased quickly get the prayer scrolls and blessed oils
>>
>Reboot the setting in a more kid-friendly (mother-approved) version in order to sell more toys of characters. The toys themselves are made of vinyl and are very simplified.
>Rules for the game are stripped down to basically Rock-Paper-Scissors but with dice.
>Black library is replaced by multiple series of comic books about the adventures of different heroes of the various factions.
Would you still be into 40K-lite?
>>
>>54830711
He has a point when the imperium wants to utilize xenos technology you mechanicus types scream heresy and than after the battle is over your the first ones combing through the wreckage of the defeated alien fleet looking for tech to study. To be honest AdMech is it's own worst enemy and one of the reasons the imperium cannot make any significant technological advancements.
>>
File: BLAM.jpg (247KB, 883x593px) Image search: [Google]
BLAM.jpg
247KB, 883x593px
>>54831211
Wow that would really kill 40k but unfortunately a line has been crossed so ....
>>
>>54798637
>gork and mork physically manifest and fist fight nid ships the size of solar systems

My god it will be like Gurren Lagann but Orkier
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.