[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your limit for crazy gonzo bullshit settings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

What's your limit for crazy gonzo bullshit settings?
>>
>>54797436
You have to be able to grok things, otherwise its a wasted effort. TTRPGs are collaborative, and players all having a roughly similar impression of the world around them is critical.
>>
>>54797436
If it doesn't replicate accurate vision of medieval europe with magic, it's a shit setting, no exceptions.

RPG were made about european medieval fantasy. Anything else is weeaboo hipster shit.
>>
>>54797560
>autism
>>
File: ae2.png (23KB, 500x294px)
ae2.png
23KB, 500x294px
>>54797560
>>
I have a campaign on the backburner that is literally going to be every random absurd thing I come up.

It's going to have aliens, time travel, rock people, ancient cults and so forth.

The main of the plot will center around an ancient war for dominance between the evil Film Actors, and the good Pro Wrestlers. At some point Hulk Hogan will send the party back in time to rescue the chosen one, Dwayne the Rock Johnson.

They will of course also battle occult nazi in 1940's Germany, and possible face off with Hitler, whom after a lifetime of attempted assassinations, learned the strongest kung fu, with special bonuses against time travellers.

Later it will be dramatically revealed when Hitler removes his mustache to reveal an identical mustache, that Hitler was secretly the greatest Film Actor to ever live, Charlie Chaplin.

To maximize the goofiness I'll probably pull character form various campaigns and oneshots I've ran, including modern day spy campaign that will segue into this one, a campy wuxia game I've run, and others.
>>
>>54797436
Catpeople.
>>
>>54797560
Everything you said is wrong dummy.
>>
>>54797436
As long as it's established that it's the sort of setting where crazy bullshit can happen I'm not very picky.
>>
>>54797436
I donĀ“t mind going full retard if everyone is on board for it. Not every game needs to be serious or "stable".
>>
>>54797436
On a different note any newer gonzo settings on the horizon ?
>>
I'd rather have a setting that I completely don't fucking comprehend than one that's really boring.
>Humans
>Elves or Dwarves with a weird name.
>Either no Elves or no Dwarves to virtue signal creativity where there is none.
>Mountain of human animals.
>Orcs
>All the places have fucking garbled names nobody is going to remember.
>"My [Race] is based off of [Real life culture]"
90% of settings right here.

>>54797560
Based.
>>
I honestly got no limits for insanity. One of the reoccurring villains is Called Manta man. Which was a tau who got so pissed off he jumped off the back of a manta and melee'd out the propellers of are transport.
That moment when this was death watch and 3 marines and others were just utterly confused and mortified since he left perma wound on are second devastators leg.
>>
>>54797436
I don't like when things are supposed to be infinite or ultra large in scale.
>every myth is true
>there are infinite dimensions all opening rifts
>the empire has a bajillion planets
>over 9000 powerlevel whatever

"metropolitan wank", more an attitude or trope in writing than gonzo itself.
>everybody in the interdimensional hub knows all the bullshit there is know and has to rub in his worldliness with every interaction

Or when there is no effort in blending the material together.
>>
File: 1495148170959.jpg (36KB, 379x395px) Image search: [Google]
1495148170959.jpg
36KB, 379x395px
>>54805737
I dig all myths being at least kinda true, but fuck the rest of those. They're all bait for DBZ tier power level wanking , supremo asspulls and penguin of doom level randumb bullshit
>>
File: 1493856379853.jpg (74KB, 1000x666px)
1493856379853.jpg
74KB, 1000x666px
>>54800791
>The final battle is some horrendous mashup between pro wrestling, Kung Fu and a silent slapstick film
>>
>>54797436
Dunno, I never found a point in where I told myself "this is too much for me".
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.