[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Masks resources

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 278
Thread images: 38

File: 193258.jpg (166KB, 900x1412px) Image search: [Google]
193258.jpg
166KB, 900x1412px
Anybody has limited edition playbooks for Masks, or any of the kickstarter special resources? I missed on the kickstarter, but the system seems rad
>>
up
>>
>>54797069
>tumblr
>diversity checklist characters
Wellp, looks like total and utter fucking garbage to me
>>
>>54797317

...what?
>>
>>54797330
I said it looks like total and utter fucking garbage.
>>
It's a pretty cool system, though you have to know what you are going into. It focuses a lot more on your characters self image (As they are a teen/inexperienced hero) than it does on their exact powers.

I wouldn't use it to run all superhero games but for the type it wants to be, it's pretty interesting.
>>
>>54797342

I'm not really seeing the whole 'Diversity checklist' thing. They looks like a very standard teen hero group.
>>
>>54797069
I feel like I have seen this artists work on someplace else. A webcomic maybe ?
>>
>>54797369
From closest to furthest away
>Man with tits
>Negro
>Retarded Snowflake (I do like how the retarded snowflake is the white chick though because that's just accurate as fuck)
>Monster (note he's the only male they dared draw handsome
>Goofball robin clone
And waaaaay back in the back facing away from the camera
>What appears to be the only non-retarded female

It's obvious tumblr trash
>>
>>54797398
Now that I look again I bet the one in back is actually a femmy dude or some shit too
>>
>>54797398

I'm pretty sure you've just described most teen superhero teams. Young Justice/Teen Titans etc.
>>
>>54797462
It's more the artstyle then anything. They picked a very tumblr looking style for the cover. It makes me expect a blog about the white devil oppressing gopherkin then it does a superhero game.
>>
>>54797529
It's literally meant to be about being a teen superhero who isn't sure of themself, rather than a regular supers game.

You can do Teen Titans and other such stuff with it. MAYBE some types of Spiderman. MAYBE Worm.
>>
>>54797529

What art style would have worked better then for the premise of teen superheroes?
>>
>>54797639
Something more Bruce Timm. Or like the interior art for M&M. Actually, just look at any M&M book, but especially Hero High.
>>
File: 1434497213663.png (508KB, 650x650px)
1434497213663.png
508KB, 650x650px
>>54797529
That sounds more like you being triggered than any objective criticism of the game or even its art direction.
>>
>>54797669
Not the first anon that was whining, but I really do hate the art direction for Masks, same with Wild Talents too. Game is fine but man, you think you could get a halfway decent artist for it.
>>
>>54797720
I think Masks is fine and at least it's consistent through the book.

Wild Talents is ugly as fuck and I don't understand how anyone thought it was a good idea.
>>
>>54797751
Nigga if you think that's bad look at the special edition cover for WT. It's like they took someones Second Life avatars as a screenshot.
>>
>>54797669
>if you notice something obvious you must be triggered
Whatever you say, tumblr
>>
>>54797818
Listen dude, most of the time when someone starts talking about sjw art shit I at least understand where they're coming from. This legitimately just looks like the art you would see in a young-adult targeted teen comic lineup. Gotham Academy, or some shit like that.

This is some "D&D 5e is pandering to sjw because the fighter is black" level shit you're on.
>>
>>54797908
>Gotham Academy
So, SJW shit?
>D&D 5e's art direction
So, SJW shit?

Thanks for proving my point Tumblr
>>
>>54797908
>This legitimately just looks like the art you would see in a young-adult targeted teen comic lineup.

that this is so prevalent you can identify this as a trend in mass media for children IS THE PROBLEM
>>
>>54797951
Right, that's what we're doing then. I'll try again later I guess.
>>
File: IMG_1485.jpg (506KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1485.jpg
506KB, 2000x1000px
Not really seeing the problem with the art. Reminds me a lot of Young Justice.
>>
File: bkkk.jpg (160KB, 751x517px) Image search: [Google]
bkkk.jpg
160KB, 751x517px
>>54797966
yeah man. such a trend. look at these newcomers on the right here. never would've seen this in the 80s/90s.

(the bkkc launched in 1989)
>>
>>54798038
The 90s was the start of it, sweetie.
>>
>>54798038
>>54798074
>>
Holy shit, you can dislike the artwork without having your period about it.
>>
>>54798196
Holy shit, someone can criticize the content being so obviously SJW shit that you can tell just by the artwork without you having your period about it.

I notice that you haven't once tried to defend the game's content (because you can't)
>>
Don't feed the troll. Anti-SJW boogeymen are just as bad as the actual assholes using social justice as a club to attack media and content creators.
>>
>>54797398
>Man with tits
>Negro
>Retarded Snowflake
>Monster
>Goofball robin clone

Literally Teen Titans AND Justice League.
>>
>>54797409
It is a femmy dude.
>>
>>54798272
Right, I remember all the pink haired SJWs and super masculine women in justice league, my bad I had forgotten.

>daily reminder that historical revisionism is and always has been a tool of the marxist cult
>>
>>54798303
Don't forget the super feminine men, that was in Justice League too, don't you remember?
>>
>>54798233
Because it's my first post, and it's about your witch hunt for anything that smells like a dirty, greedy feminist.

Your not criticizing artwork, you're tying an imaginary connection between cover art and a political affiliation, and you're being a colossal fucking faggot in the process.

I'd love to hear about some of the mechanics. Why don't you stop derailing the thread and start talking about them? Or is harder for to tease out imaginary slights from language?
>>
>>54798324
>s-stop noticing the truth or y-you're ignorant!
Wow, confirmed for marxist cultist
>>
>>54798345
>everything I don't like is marxism and SJWs
Nigga I was agreeing with you until you went full /pol/
>>
>>54798324
>Your not criticizing artwork, you're tying an imaginary connection between cover art and a political affiliation, and you're being a colossal fucking faggot in the process.

Have you even read the book? I have. I may like the game mechanics but the setting and chargen guide is a leftypol treatise with a superhero flavor.
>>
>>54798303
Nice selective memory, fag. The Justice League is fucking chock full of dykes, manly women, and LMAO snowflakes.

Hawkgirl, WW, Starfire, Raven

Splitting hairs doesn't make you look smart, it makes you look petty
>>
>>54798361
The setting is literally just "generic superhero city where a bunch of people live", with the previous 'generations' meant to mimic that generation of comics. each one of those barely gets a paragraph.
>>
>>54798380
They have an official comic and wider setting that was funded and distributed to kickstarter backers, one of whom was me.
>>
>>54798361

Then go back to your fucking safe space.

In the real world you're going to come into contact with media written from a perspective you disagree with. This has always been fucking true. And if you can't retain some emotional distance then vote with your fucking wallet and don't support it.

Personally, I think flipping shit over author politics is fucking retarded. There are loads of fascinating historical and contemporary works from authors with views I disagree with, or find downright abhorrent. But instead of having a bitchfit over it I read them and try to use them to understand other perspectives, and thereby better understand my own view of the world.

But just rambling about people disagreeing with you is not a fucking criticism you obnoxious little shit.
>>
>>54798303
>>54798345
>implying it's not used by real and wannabe dictators all across the political spectrum
>>
>>54798361
No, I haven't read it. I like superhero games. I would very much like to hear about the mechanics, but you guys are too busy making this thread exactly like every other thread on 4chan with your victim complexes for me to get a hard read on what it's about. I don't give a fuck about the artwork, it's a p&p.
>>
>>54798371
>desperately tries some historical revisionism real quick
lol nice try
>>
>>54798403
After a quick skim the mechanics are literally Apocalypse World. Nothing much to write home about.
>>
>>54798395
Seems like every bit of media is written with a viewpoint hostile to them.

America is not white anymore. Europe is not white anymore. People need to accept this and enjoy the fruits of multiculturalism unless they want to be miserable bitching about their hijab-wearing neighbors until the day they die.
>>
>>54798403
It's a generic Apocalypse World game with the sex moves replaced for a more teen-friendly environment. If you're unfamiliar with AW, it's a 2d6 game where 7-9 is a "yes but" success and 10+ is a "yes and" success, and character abilities are all laid out on one's character sheet (called a playbook).

It's flavorful for the sort of game it is, but you may feel constrained by having to work all your powers into the playbooks, since some are explicitly about certain powersets even if they purport to be more like personality archetypes.
>>
>>54798420
Lol, literally all I did was drop names. You are fucking delusional. You deserve your paranoia.
>>
>>54798432
>>54798436
>don't read game
>can tell it's obviously SJW shit from the art
>turns out it's an apackofshit world game
Fucking priceless
>>
>>54798436
I'll probably just stick with Mutants and Masterminds, then. Cool idea, though.
>>
>>54798403

Masks is a Powered by the Apocalypse game, and as someone mentioned above it's more concerned with your teenage heroes identity than their powers.

You have a number of stats, referred to as Labels- Danger, Freak, Saviour, Superior and Mundane. Each of these reflects an aspect of who your character believes themselves to be. Interestingly, since a young persons self image is very flexible, your Labels can vary a lot, increasing and decreasing over the course of a session as your self image is affected by your experiences.

Actually interacting the game happens through Moves, 2d6+stat rolls where 6 or less is a failure, 7-9 is an imperfect success and 10+ is a good success. In addition to a few generic move, each Playbook (basically a class) has its own list to choose from, giving you unique ways of interacting with the system.

Playbooks can also have their own unique mechanics, like the Doomed, whose incredible powers are tied to an inevitable end that is always coming for them. There's also a few other little interesting bits and pieces, but those are the basics. Shape your self image, make your moves, compromise and try to figure out how to do the best you can while explicitly still being a young and inexperienced hero who hasn't yet truly discovered who they want to be.
>>
>>54798462
If you're interested in a lighter system I'd suggest the Savage Worlds Superheroes Companion 2nd edition. It's got a good point-buy power system.
>>
>>54798468
This is a better sell. I just moved in with two friends who are new to RPing and LOVE comics, if the mechanics are reasonably simple, which I imagine they are, maybe I'll try a game out.
>>
File: magic-schoolbus.jpg (20KB, 320x241px) Image search: [Google]
magic-schoolbus.jpg
20KB, 320x241px
>>54797317
There's one ethnically ambiguous brown guy and two ethnically ambiguous women and three generic white people. I'm all for hating on tumblr and enforced diversity but if this is a diversity checklist then we've regressed.
>>
>>54798490
Thanks, homie
>>
>>54798520
>posting shit from the precise beginning of the mainstream assault of cultural marxism on children's programming
You should dig up some other diversity checklist shows too. Hey Arnold, Captain Planet, what else you got that proves our point?
>>
>>54798468
>You have a number of stats, referred to as Labels- Danger, Freak, Saviour, Superior and Mundane. Each of these reflects an aspect of who your character believes themselves to be. Interestingly, since a young persons self image is very flexible, your Labels can vary a lot, increasing and decreasing over the course of a session as your self image is affected by your experiences.
My god, I couldn't have written it any worse as a fucking parody.
>>
>>54798539
>rpg that seeks to emulate something is similar to the thing it tries to emulate
For the life of me I can't figure out why you think this is a bad thing.
>>
>>54798574
He thinks its a bad thing because forced diversity quotas don't reflect the model of a functioning society.
>>
>>54798574
>IT ISN'T OBVIOUSLY SJW ART, OTHER ART IS ALSO LIKE THAT!
>Yes it is, only SJW art is like that
>Well it's supposed to be like that other SJW art, CHECKMATE
lol marxist flailing is so hilarious
>>
>>54798539
Goddamn dude, just looking out my real life window I see two dykes, a black dude, and a skinny white dude RIGHT THERE.

It's not some cultural appropriation scheme, it's just WHAT LIFE LOOKS LIKE OUTSIDE.
>>
>>54798593

Is there any evidence anywhere of 'Forced diversity quotas'?

I thought it was just advertisers cottoning on that multicultural marketing is becoming more and more important, purely as a financial and functional change reflecting market trends and shifting demographics.
>>
>>54798604
Portland or San Francisco?
>>
>>54798604
So you live in a marxist containment zone?
>>
>>54798606
>functional
I believe that you misspelled "fictional" there
>>
>>54798601
The point is that unless you think effectively every teen superhero team is "Culturally Marxist" there's very little that dinstingishes the one on the cover from any other. Young Avengers? Any given iteration of the Teen Titans? Virtually every X-men lineup?
>>
>>54798616
>>54798610
>Waaah waaah my country is 50% white but I want it to look like it's 90% white
>>
>>54798606
Wizards of the Coast changed Kaladesh to be more Indian because of the whinging of a single Indian blogger. They even brought him on to host a panel about the design of the plane, but when the set was released he complained because it wasn't precisely how he wanted it to be.

Fast forward to now, and they brought in another activist blogger to write in black planeswalkers because she complained that "POC should be saving POC in Egypt," neglecting the fact that A) there are already black Planeswalkers, and B) Egyptians aren't even black.
>>
>>54798626

What's fictional about demographic shifts? The latest generation born in the US was only 50% white. Companies want to make money, and that means not excluding 50% or more of their potential customers in their advertising. It's not about any social agenda, it's pure capitalism.
>>
>>54798606
The fact people lose their jobs for wanting meritocracy (see the recent events at Google) suggests yes
>>
>>54798629
>marxist statistical revisionism
lol keep flailing and hammering that report button to censor our "hate" facts, snowflake
>>
>>54798604
Why are the white dudes always so sickly and thin in the cities, anyway? They try growing beards to fit in but it just emphasizes how bad they look.
>>
>>54798610
New Hampshire. I live it in the fucking woods.

If I can look outside and see twice the diversity than what's in that picture you're all bitching about, then maybe it's time you all took a walk outside and see who's around you.

Also are we just gonna pretend like the point of a cover ISN'T to grab your eye? Like it or not, they used an extremely common trope to make a smart advertising decision.
>>
>>54798601
>implying I'm the same person
You know I was going to argue with you just to stave off boredom, but now I realize that would be taking advantage of the retarded.
>>
>>54798644

Making a controversial public statement can get you fired, regardless of what that statement is about. That's not an agenda, that's basic corporate politics.
>>
>>54798660
He made a controversial private statement that one of the people in his unit spread around to get him fired. They faced no reprisal for this act.
>>
>>54798638
Egypt is black because that's what history shows, just like Hannibal was black.
>>
>>54798655
>implying all cultural marxists aren't identical
lol gg snowflake you played yourself
>>
You can tell that one dude literally just discovered the word Marxism.
>>
>>54798660
>getting purged for wrongthink is normal
M-M-M-Marxism
>>
>>54798644
Someday I wish I could be so bold and stupid as to think writing a big essay about the evils of diversity wouldn't get me fires when I was working for a guy whose name was Sundar Pichai
>>
>>54798676
Anon... This is low quality bait.
>>
>>54798678
How can I be identical, if I'm a snowflake?
>>
>>54798720
The implication of that word is that snowflakes believe they are special, but are not.
>>
>>54798712
Hannibal was black, everything points to him being black. He was fucking born in Africa, dude.

As for Egypt? Egypt was black for a while, but the important thing to remember is that WotC is making a FICTIONAL setting. They can make their Egypt ruled by black people and there isn't a FUCKING THING you can do about it.
>>
File: frankfurt marx.jpg (142KB, 778x800px) Image search: [Google]
frankfurt marx.jpg
142KB, 778x800px
>>54798687
> this thread right now
>>
>>54798732
If it's fictional and no-one should complain, then why do all the SJWs get their complaints about diversity answered by adding extra dark-skinned NPCs? Isn't it fiction? Shouldn't they just deal with it?
>>
>>54798726
kek they just keep lining up for it

how long until a completely assblasted cultural marxist janitor sees all the reports they have to be spamming because of all this wrongthink and purges the thread?
>>
>>54798720
>>54798726
One snowflake is unique, a billion snowflakes is generic clumps of snow that fuck up your drive to work.

Both melt into watery tears the moment you apply salt, though!
>>
File: NTS.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
NTS.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>The art is SJW/Tumblr and if you don't think so you're SJW/Tumblr.

A whole lotta True Scotsman going on here today.

Also, I strongly suspect you are from /v/ /b/ or /pol/ because even if you accept the premise that there's some conspiracy of people trying to ruin everything fun with... I don't know... political correctness or something... TTRPG's aren't the sort of things that can be "ruined" the same way that vidya can. There's no automatic update that changes your book/pdf and refuses to make the game work unless you do it the approved way. TTRPGs have GM's/DM's/ST's who, you know, have qualitative judgement and can run the game how they want... you can even be one if you want to. If your game is "infected" by your SJW boogeyman, then that's more of a problem with your GM than an "industry problem,"
>>
>>54798726
Why are you bringing logic into this? So far there clearly has been none.
>>
>>54798754
More and more DMs are being brought up to celebrate the SJW mindset though, and some companies such as White Wolf and Paizo bake the SJW right into their mechanics.
>>
File: tunisia-story-top.jpg (85KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
tunisia-story-top.jpg
85KB, 640x360px
>>54798732
>He was fucking born in Africa, dude.
Tunisians aren't black, nigga.
>>
>>54798754
>TTRPG's aren't the sort of things that can be "ruined" the same way that vidya can. There's no automatic update that changes your book/pdf and refuses to make the game work unless you do it the approved way.

Unfortunately, with the advent of hyper-specialized game sets like Apocalypse World, developers with agendas are coming to realize that they can enforce standards of play by making it nearly impossible to play the game without embracing their outlook.

The more narrative and setting-focused a game is the less discretion the GM has in running it.
>>
>>54798754
>more preaching by another obvious cultist
kekkkkkkkkkkk
>>
File: Hannibal.jpg (190KB, 695x960px) Image search: [Google]
Hannibal.jpg
190KB, 695x960px
>>54798776
Excuse me?
>>
>>54798751
Wait, you go to work? You are clearly a Marxist spy sent to infiltrate our ranks, but you just revealed yourself. Good job.
>>
>>54798644
You do know that freedom of speech doesn't mean that your boss can't fire you for running your mouth right? It just means that you can't face LEGAL consequences for running your mouth. When you run your mouth in a way that your boss is going to find out about, you'd better be damn sure you run your mouth in a way he agrees with. That's not a conspiracy, that's being a socially functioning adult with a job.

Similarly, your DM asking you to stop masturbating under the table while you describe your guro magical realm isn't censorship Virt.
>>
>>54798806
>Budweiser
>knowing anything about the peoples of the Med
>>
>>54798820
Political expression is a protected class in California. It is, in fact, illegal to be fired for your political views.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104KB, 1000x562px
>>54798822
Straight from the History Channel, anon. You can't get more historical than that.
>>
>>54798837
>straight from the Revisionism Channel, anon. You can't get more culturally marxist than that.
>>
File: Superman Count.jpg (1MB, 934x1397px) Image search: [Google]
Superman Count.jpg
1MB, 934x1397px
>>54798432
No they're not. It's a Powered by the Apocalypse game, but the way the mechanics work are entirely different. AW is about you being a powerful character who directs events, which ties directly into your stats (how cool/hard/hot you are). Masks is about how others perceive you (they literally call stats Labels so retards can understand) and are stuff like Freak, Saviour, and Mundane.
>>
>>54798837
Was this special on before or after 5 hours of Pawn Stars, or Ancient Aliens?
>>
>>54798837
>American documentaries
>worth anything
I think my actual photograph trumps your 'reenactment'.
>>
>>54798850
I still can't believe they really wrote it like that. Fucking hysterical.
>>
>>54798853
Clearly Hannibal was an ancient alien.
>>
>>54798462

It's an interesting idea (And one that I think was worth doing) but I wouldn't say it's for all games. If you can't see your character still being unsure about their place/still working out who they are to some extent (See: A LOT of Young Justice) it likely won't work out for your game.
>>
>>54798880
Honest to god, they might've suggested that. I watched an Ancient Aliens episode that casually suggested some random Pharaoh was actually Moses because he had a box in his tomb that vaguely looked like the Ark of the Covenant.
>>
>>54798520
Whatever happened to wheelchair kids? It used to be that they were all over the place, but you never see them in kids shows anymore. Maybe they realised that they were over-represented? Could be they looked at this thread and decided that autism was much more prevalent, so they made that new Muppet.
>>
>>54798904
>Whatever happened to wheelchair kids?

The disabled weren't really a market like they used to be.
>>
>>54798674
He published it broadly across the company. He wanted it to be known.
>>
>>54798831
driving customers and clients away by not having the basic social skills to know when politics is an appropriate topic in the first-place, however, IS a legitimate reason to fire people from a lot of positions.

>>54798772
The general zeitgeist of your community shifting left, and you feeling alienated because you can't find a DM who runs the exact kind of game you want isn't a comspiracy.

>they can enforce standards of play by making it nearly impossible to play the game without embracing their outlook.
What the fuck are you talking about. Unless your DM is Abed from the D&D episode of community, there is literally no way a game can force you to play in a way that fits their politics.
>>54798772
>White Wolf and Paizo bake the SJW right into their mechanics.
Using awkward pronouns in the book is unintuitive and hard to read at times, but it's not baking anything into the mechanics.
>>
>>54798936
No, someone else did. The person who published it to the Google internal social network was a colleague of his who didn't like what he wrote.
>>
>>54798941
>purging people for wrongthink is normal
lol keep telling yourself that brownshirt piece of shit
>>
File: 1450458182018.png (83KB, 392x267px) Image search: [Google]
1450458182018.png
83KB, 392x267px
>>54798941
>and you feeling alienated because you can't find a DM who runs the exact kind of game you want isn't a comspiracy

Who said it was a conspiracy, I'm just saying things are getting awfully lean around here now. It really makes me understand why more and more young men (often white) are just disconnecting from society.
>>
>>54798941
>driving customers and clients away by not having the basic social skills to know when politics is an appropriate topic in the first-place, however, IS a legitimate reason to fire people from a lot of positions.
Then why didn't they fire the person who leaked his private memo?
>>
>>54798772

Wait...Paizo's rule system is SJW? I don't like them as a company (Their sense of balance is a joke and I like complexity in martial characters) but I don't see how that works. They literally just use 'The gender of the iconic character of that class' when doing pronoun stuff for classes. So if it's for a wizard, they'll use he. If it's for a Paladin, they'll use she.
>>
>>54798941
>What the fuck are you talking about.

Many of Paizo's campaigns feature prominent gay couples (with nothing in the way of prominent straight couples) and quite a few Transgender people?
>>
hey guys anyone in this thread smoke weed
>>
>>54798965
>brownshirt
But he's not a Britbong fascist-sympathising piece of shit anon
>>
>>54798778
>hyper-specialized game sets like Apocalypse World,
>AW/PbtA powers everything from post-apocalypse stuff to fantasy adventures to young superheroes working out how they relate to the world around them to teenage urban fantasy high-school drama to weeb monstergirl shit
Yeah man, real hyper-specialised.
>>
>>54798433
Or maybe you can all fuck off.
>>
File: 20888681-norem-nazi1.jpg (358KB, 1600x1282px) Image search: [Google]
20888681-norem-nazi1.jpg
358KB, 1600x1282px
>>54798965
But purging is what you do to Nazis, it's the whole purpose of their "life"... if you can call it life, they're more like zombies: human shaped flesh-dolls that it's okay to violently ctharcize because they're not really people.

Hell, play SoTC or ADVENTURE! Half of the point of those game is getting to kill nazis.

Shit, this country's greatness was basically built on killing Nazis. Purging Nazis is as American as it gets.
>>
>>54798998
Weed is a Marxist conspiracy to promote diversity and ostracize white men.
>>
>>54799009
Each game set is specialized for one setting. 2d6 is a unifying mechanic, but it's not like the rulesets actually work together.
>>
>>54798996
>not writing your own campaign
I've found your problem: you are a gigantic faggot.
>>
>>54799009

Trying to put a Sprawl and a Masks character in the same game or even the same situation won't work out well. I mean, they don't even have the same STATS or basic moves. Let along stuff like Sprawl's 'Threat Clocks' or Masks shifting nature of your character.
>>
File: Monmusu Collection Lamia.jpg (713KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Monmusu Collection Lamia.jpg
713KB, 1280x720px
>>54799009
>weeb monstergirl shit
There's a PbtA monstergirl game? What is it?
>>
>>54799004
>>54799026
>immediate marxist damage control
kekkkkkkkkkk
>>
File: Sounds Familiar.png (37KB, 696x629px) Image search: [Google]
Sounds Familiar.png
37KB, 696x629px
>>54798965
>>54798691
>Waaaah, when I say whatever I want, whenever I want, to whoever I want, with no filter or social graces whatsoever, there are social consequences, like losing friends and jobs.
Grow up snowflake. Everybody has a public filter; it's called being a part of a society. If you want to go homestead in the woods, nobody is stopping you.

For example, if you, say, deny the holocaust at your D&D table, your table is under no obligation to continue treating you the same after that, or even to have you back for another game. If you think your table will be cool with that, okay, but maybe read the room first, like a grown-up.

People like you and Virt are the reason it's hard to find good tables.
>>
>>54799064

I think he means Monsterhearts. Which is a bit less monstergirls and a bit more Buffy.
>>
>>54799074
>hurr marxist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXOuzytkHGA
>>
>>54799086
>purging people for wrongthink is normal
lol keep telling yourself that brownshirt piece of shit
>>
>>54799064
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/josephleebush/heroines-of-the-first-age/description
Setting is meant to be developed cooperatively as part of Session 0, and it's already funded enough to come with the Monstergirls in Space setting thing Heroines of the Last Age.

>when it specifically calls out both MonMusu and 12 Beast in the inspirations section
>>
>>54798956
Can't find any evidence of another employee 'outing' Damore. Everything I can find says that it was e-mailed to thousands of Google employees by Damore (though he may have thought he was doing it anonymously), shared repeatedly internally, and eventually leaked out.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/google-employee-s-anti-diversity-manifesto-women-s-neuroticism-goes-n790401
>>
>>54799086
>If you want to go homestead in the woods, nobody is stopping you.

Why do white people like those sorts of things, anyway? White people eat that shit up on History Channel or Discovery Channel, all about "muh lifestyle" and "muh nature" with shots of old grizzled white-bearded snow niggers struggling to put food on the table.
>>
File: 1412573077953.jpg (68KB, 719x689px)
1412573077953.jpg
68KB, 719x689px
>>54798996
Okay, so having a standard setting where transgender and/or gay people are known to exist is not the same as
>bake the SJW right into their mechanics
or
>making it nearly impossible to play the game without embracing their outlook.
Unless you think that playing in any setting other than the standard one presented in the core rulebook is impossible, in which case.... you're retarded
>>
>>54799091
Nah, Monsterhearts was the
>teenage urban fantasy high-school drama
bit.
>>
>>54799122
You ever want a game so bad it hurts, with the knowledge that you'll never find a table to play it?
>>
>>54799104
It's not wrongthink. It's aggressively pushing political ideology in a way that makes other people uncomfortable.

I don't give a shit if you hate blacks and post every other day on Stormfront about how white you are, but at my table, if I introduce a character that is black, and your response is "I kill that fucking nigger" or screeching about diversity, I'm kicking you out. Not because I find your opinion offensive, but because I play games to relax and have fun with friends, not to have hour-long debates on the nature of race.

I will also actively stop talking to you if you take every chance to tell me about the Judeo-marxist-bolshevist conspiracy to cuck white men into being extinct or something. I deal with enough of that garbage online, I don't need to actively seek out more of it.
>>
>>54799125
That article doesn't say he emailed it to anyone, it just said it was circulated through the company (by other people). No article I've read claims that he emailed it to the whole company.
>>
>>54797317
Looks like a group of young superheroes to me. Sorry you're so easily triggered by nothing. Being so sensitive must be rough.
>>
>>54799104
Okay, so tell me, what do YOU think freedom of speech means? Please enlighten me. It sounds like you want to be able to say whatever you want publically and never suffer any consequences whatsoever for it, no matter what it was you said, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>54799173
Give them money anyway, and other shill noises. Kicktraq is current giving a maximum final total of just over 9k, and I want that third setting dammit.
>>
>>54799133
I mean, there's also a Divine Matriarchy where only women (or people who identify as women) are allowed to rule, soooooo
>>
>>54799185
>complaining that google hires people for their age, race and gender not for their skills and qualifications
>pushing a political opinion
lol wrongthink by any other name
>>
>>54799185
And you don't think I have a right to be uncomfortable or bothered by a flagrantly homosexual character, or a non-binary one? You're suggesting a situation where only the "wrong" people make the table uncomfortable, and "wrong" is another way of saying "right."
>>
>>54799210
Pushing it out to people is pushing that opinion, yes. It's also going against company policy that he signed up for.
>>
>>54799193
>muh xkcd free speech strawman
lol keep flailing
>>
>>54799231
Then -don't play at that table-. I don't like trannies or tranny characters either, I'm still not going to shit myself with rage and screech like you seem to be doing about black people and femboys or whatever's got sand in your vagina
>>
>>54799231
You certainly have that right. I won't call the cops on you. I won't play with you, though. I don't want to deal with someone who is so offended with things I find normal that it would be impossible to get through a game without autistic screeching.
>>
File: Is This Going Somewhere.jpg (10KB, 329x207px) Image search: [Google]
Is This Going Somewhere.jpg
10KB, 329x207px
>>54799205
So is Bretonnia SJW because only men (and women who dress up as men) can be knights? Or is Menzoberranzan the evil hive of Tumblr, and not just Salvatore and Greenwood indulging their femdom fetish? 'Genders treated differently in society' is not ground-breaking by Paizo, and "babby's first subversion" is a matriarchy.
>>
>>54797330
>...what?

You can always count on a triggered /pol/tard to shitpost in a Masks thread. It's best to just ignore him.
>>
>>54799234
So you're actually trying to claim that someone who holds the "correct" opinion would have been fired for sharing the "correct" opinion with other people? Is that why you've been hammering the report button on every post you disagree with in this thread?
>>
>>54799256
>non-binary
>normal
By what possible definition?
>>
>>54799193
I think being able to live safe in the knowledge that debating or stating your opinions shouldn't jeapordize your life or livelihood sounds a good starting point.

I say something you disagree with. We may argue about it but it shouldn't impact my job security.
>>
>>54799272
Non-binary is incredibly common on the Internet and in Urban areas. It's one of the only ways you can really get safely into those social circles.
>>
File: 1489250598577.png (330KB, 309x605px) Image search: [Google]
1489250598577.png
330KB, 309x605px
>>54799268
I haven't reported anyone this thread, thanks. I do believe that someone should be fired for actively sharing opinions that go against the policy of the company he/she works for.

>>54799272
>things I find normal

ecksdee
>>
>>54799231
You have the right to be uncomfortable. You also have the right to leave. Google makes no bones about it's diversity policy - if it bothers someone, the door is right there and if you're not a huge moron who burns every bridge publicly there's a lineup of companies willing to make you huge offers to get an ex-Google employee on their slate.
>>
File: 1412392718152.png (155KB, 258x263px) Image search: [Google]
1412392718152.png
155KB, 258x263px
>>54798748
>>54798691
>>54798965
>>54799104
>>54799210
>Wrongthink wrongthink wrongthink

So, if you and your white supremacist friends are playing D&D, and an transgendered arab man who identifies as a female genderfluid otherkin and wants to be referred to with the pronoun "schleem," who wants to play a dragonborn bard with uncertain gender because "schlee" is a stickler for realistic lizard anatomy, then you can't kick him out, because that'd make you a marxist purging the wrongthink too...? or does it only apply when the "wrongthink" suffering natural social consequences is conservative?
>>
>>54798886
It sounds pretty good as an intro game to get that age group into gaming, which has value on it's own.
>>
>>54799303
>I do believe that someone should be purged for wrongthink though
Priceless. At least you admit it, you brownshirt piece of shit
>>
>>54799291

>I say something you disagree with. We may argue about it but it shouldn't impact my job security.

Depends on the capacity in which you say it. People have to be careful in any situation where they are speaking a representative of a company (Like say, using work email rather than private email) rather than as a private citizen.
>>
>>54799324
>sign a contract
>violate that contract
>there should be no consequences
>>
>>54799313
Put the Kool-Aid down, hoss.
>>
>>54799315

It's pretty good for that, yeah. It's also a good one for trying to help people get into the mindset of a character as it focuses rather heavily on 'How does your character see themselves'. A lot of new players often have a hard time getting a hand of that sort of stuff.
>>
>>54799340
>Why are you making me take you to the gulag? You knew that your beliefs were illegal!
Doubleplus Priceless
>>
>>54799324
Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences, no matter how many time you call people Nazis
>>
>>54799358
>muh xkcd free speech strawman
that's twice in ten minutes, let's see if they go for three
>>
>>54797317
Agreed. A blue skin and a green skin in the same team is unrealistic
>>
>>54798977
>It really makes me understand why more and more young men (often white) are just disconnecting from society.

That's actually happening because white men are still expected to be breadwinners and successful yet are actively demonized and ridiculed for it.
>>
>>54799357
Yes, you're right. Being taken to a re-education camp for 'reactionary thought' is exactly the same thing as voluntarily signing a contract with a private entity and then breaking that contract. Just last week, I had a friend dragged off to Alaska because he disparaged the Glorious CEO.
>>
>>54799386
If you don't abort your white children you are actively killing the planet.
>>
>>54799238
I'm legitimately trying to give you the opportunity to try and express the opinion, but it seems all you can do is Reeee at the scary liberal

>I say something you disagree with. We may argue about it but it shouldn't impact my job security.
Even if your job was 100% secure (which it isn't, welcome to adulthood kid) you're still likely to lose friends and suffer other natural social consequences for expressing extreme views in public. Finding a D&D table to play with is not going to be easy for someone who "reveals their powerlevel" or whatever, because people don't want to recreate and play pretend with unpleasant people who say unpleasant things while they're trying to pretend to be elves and wizards to escape reality.

On top of that, we're talking about someone who didn't just argue in public, they released a document, with their name attached, criticizing their workplace... even before the political landmine that was the views in question, that's shit that can get you fired from any job. Adding politics to the document doesn't suddenly grant you immunity.
>>
>>54799395
>purging people for wrongthink is nothing like when the soviets purged people for wrongthink
All posts are equal but some posts are more priceless than others.
>>
>>54799397
Thank g_d we're erasing the bigotry of the past and becoming a more inclusive, accepting society that has shed their monolithic homogeneity!
>>
>>54799410
Not continuing to give someone a job is not the same as murdering them. Unless capitalism is literally communism.
>>
>>54799380
>le strawman
Exactly how is it a fucking strawman? Most companies are within their rights to fire someone who they don't think fits their image, and you'd be hard pressed to find a company who would approve of one of their representatives endlessly screaming about how evil niggers, jews and women are

I actually agreed with a lot of what Google guy said until he went full retard
>>
>>54799435
>taking a step is entirely different from running, it's just a fast step, stop complaining that I just took two steps, it's just a jog idiot stop freaking out
>>
>>54797951
>>Gotham Academy
>So, SJW shit?
The fuck was SJW about Gotham Academy? Like, it's tumblr-esque with it's soft artstyle and shit, but it wasn't exactly political. Or are you threatened by a female protag?
>>
>>54799444
When did he go full retard? Everything he said had a source from a reputable journal.
>>
>>54799205
ok... and in what way is that "baking the SJW into the mechanics"? That's the standard core-book setting again, which, as we've established many times on this board, over and over, is always shit (except maybe points of light, but that was really more of a blank slate nonsetting that was just fleshed out enough to place an adventure in.) You've failed to name a single way in which the big scary SJW can ruin your TTRPG in a way that a GM can't effortlessly ignore.
>>
File: Alien Helmet.gif (620KB, 581x800px)
Alien Helmet.gif
620KB, 581x800px
>>54799381
>team isn't all aliens

Best game of Heroes Unlimited I played was randomly rolling up aliens and playing as a Space Boy Scout troop trying to earn their Superhero badge.
>>
>>54799461
Um, sweetie, hate speech isn't free speech, okay?
>>
>>54799458
I feel like you just hate capitalism at this point. Are you doing okay anon?
>>
>>54799480
>um, being purged for wrongthink no matter how good you are at your job is actually capitalist, sweetie
loving every laugh
>>
>>54799473
What does that have to do with someone who posted a well-thought-out debunking of Google's diversity metrics using settled science? I thought we didn't like science deniers.
>>
File: Wait What.gif (341KB, 200x198px) Image search: [Google]
Wait What.gif
341KB, 200x198px
>>54799410
Are you legitimately trying to say that getting fired for publicly criticizing your boss IS the same thing as being sent to a reeducation camp in a communist totalitarian regime, because it SOUNDS like you're trying to say that getting fired for publicly criticizing your boss IS the same thing as being sent to a reeducation camp in a communist totalitarian regime.

We're talking about TTRPG's here anyway, which are run by a GM, so if you have a SJW boogeyman problem, then it's probably a GM problem more than a publisher problem.
>>
>>54799461
Except all his retarded 'graphs', his "right wing people drive like this, and left wing people drive like this," and his misinterpretation of broad sexually dimorphic trends as telling of literally every individual.

The broad strokes that men and women are different is reasonably accurate. Saying that your boss has turned the company into an authoritarian state doomed to fail is retarded and would get you fired no matter what else was said.
>>
>>54799507
But it is, you titanic braindead turbonigger. Look at it this way, if you had a worker who periodically shat on the floor or stole shit, but still worked his ass off every single day, would you keep him on your payroll?
>>
>>54798873
I don't think it's that odd. How people perceive and react to heroes is one of the most common themes and plot threads in comic period. Whether it be spiderman dealing with the fallout from J.Jonah Jameson's latest piece, or Batman in The Dark Knight Returns being lambasted by the media, it's not really that strange of a mechanic.

Could it have been handled better? Sure. But that's not what we're talking about. We're going over whether or not it's tumblrshit in the process, and I personally don't think so.

>>54799356
See, this is a pleasant game discussion. Can we get back to an objective discussion here?
>>
>>54799558
So you're not going to argue he was wrong, just that you feel he was sexist? What about all the sources? Are their facts sexist too, or is there something materially wrong with them?
>>
>>54797069
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>54799588
Acne
>>
File: Shadowrun.jpg (251KB, 1419x562px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun.jpg
251KB, 1419x562px
>>54799512
Criticizing your employer publicly is something that your employer can fire you for, regardless of what, if any, political views might also be expressed there. I thought we didn't like people who stifled private company's autonomy.

But in all seriousness, what does any of this have to do with TTRPGs? Are we going to start talking about shadowrun, or other dystopian cyberpunk or something, because only 1/10 of these comments have anything to do with anything /tg/ related anymore.
>>
>>54799597
You went from "he's wrong" to "he's sexist" to "he's not wrong, but firing him is fine, let's deflect to another topic."

If you had any real critiques of his arguments you would have posted them, so why not admit he was right and just say that you're offended by the truth? It's easier for everyone that way.
>>
>>54799597
Fate has a supers setting where megacorps have managed to artificially induce superpowers, that kinda fits.
>>
File: Aztechnology.png (364KB, 430x393px) Image search: [Google]
Aztechnology.png
364KB, 430x393px
>>54799507
>being purged for wrongthink no matter how good you are at your job is actually capitalist, sweetie
I know you're trying to sound sarcastic, but that's literally accurate.

Megacorps Did Nothing Wrong

Aztechnology 4 Life
>>
>>54798691
C-C-C-Capitalism. When you're a representation of the company expect reprisal for making them look like assholes.
If you're not SUPPOSED to be a representation of the company then expect reprisal for a situation where you will be seen as such that you should have avoided.
>>
>>54797391
Its Michael Lee Lundsford of Supernormal Step and also a lot of porn.
>>
File: Gegen Azzis.png (244KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
Gegen Azzis.png
244KB, 894x894px
>>54799572
Maybe try reading a post all the way through. He was wrong because he took some information and misapplied it, and then further compounded his idiocy by directly insulting his boss in a way that had nothing to do with politics and gender.

>>54799629
Don't you have ashes to sweep up?
>>
>>54799653
His porn handle is Zepht13 I think.
>>
>>54799597
>um disagreement is treason sweetie and all opposing viewpoints must be removed at any cost if you were enlightened and progressive like me you would know this I bet you don't even read huffington
>>
>>54799669
Zepht7? Nah, the art style is nothing like that.
>>
>>54799597
>But in all seriousness, what does any of this have to do with TTRPGs?
A lot of newbie /pol/tards have found it hard to get attention on /pol/, so they've started shitposting on other, better boards because their bullshit doesn't get drowned out by identical bullshit here.
>>
>>54799691
Zet13, he quit and deleted all his shit. Just confirmed it on the Kickstarter page.
>>
>>54799618
I never said he's sexist, because I don't care. You are aware there's more than one person arguing against you right?

I'm happy to point out all the ones that are me
>>54799620
>>54799618
>>54799530
>>54799466
>>54799408
>>54799313
>>54799466
>>54799193
>>54799133
>>54799086
>>54798941
>>54798820

My argument has pretty consistently been "saying dumb shit can get your fired and that's life," and maybe you wish that weren't true, to which I'd say, "yeah and I wish I shat gold bricks that didn't clog toilets, grow up snowflake and live in the real world"

As for the change the topic, I was actually trying to bring this back to something /tg/ related... because you know... this is /tg/ and not /pol/
>>
>>54799698
>nobody could possibly disagre with me without being from some racist forum for racists
>>
>>54799685
>talking about a guy getting fired for publically criticizing the company that employs him
>equated to treason

lolwut? are you literally living in extraterritorial corp dorms in SR, that's not Treason, that's a normal reason to fire people.
>>
>>54799710
>I wish I shat gold bricks that didn't clog toilets

What does it matter if it clogs toilets or not? Surely you'd be preserving the gold in every case; if nothing else, you can't release large amounts of gold into the sewage system without risking devaluing it.

You'd just always travel with some rubber gloves (don't know about you, I always piss when I shit) and cleaning supplies, and pull out the gold by hand. Not the most dignified way to do it, but the most practical.
>>
File: Golden Turd Saga.jpg (7KB, 184x264px) Image search: [Google]
Golden Turd Saga.jpg
7KB, 184x264px
>>54799764
should we design a "shit gold bricks" curse, and then make a city-state setting where the economy functions off of the curse and plumbing. Maybe they even need to send adventurers into the sewers to retrieve the treasure.
>>
>>54799721
You can always spot the /pol/tards because they're the only ones that rush to /pol/'s defense whenever it's criticized.

>>54799796
I'd like to know what kind of gold is soft enough to pass through an S-trap without clogging it.

Like, I'm no metallurgist, but it seems like that would be more "gold flakes suspended in a more pliable medium" than "shitting gold bricks".
>>
>Marxism: Ideas so good that you have to sperg the fuck out and desperately defend them by any means necessary
>>
File: Naamloos-2.jpg (34KB, 600x600px)
Naamloos-2.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>54799820
So would they need alchemical specialists in extracting the gold flecks from the shit? That'd be a shitty specialization for a wizard
>>
>>54799796
I don't know how you could have an entire functioning economy off of that. Gold isn't a primary resource, it only has value because of it's rarity. If it can be endlessly produced, it loses it's value, even if you're trading it to other cities.

>>54799820
I imagined you were shitting out tiny little bricks, smaller than a fingernail. Otherwise you've got bigger problems.
>>
>>54799881
>I don't know how you could have an entire functioning economy off of that. Gold isn't a primary resource, it only has value because of it's rarity. If it can be endlessly produced, it loses it's value, even if you're trading it to other cities.
Unless gold is an alchemical reagent, which it often is in fantasy settings, thus giving it inherent value. I know that then it would imply that creating gold with magic shouldn't be possible, but perhaps the "shit gold" curse is one of the only ways of sidestepping the inability to create reagents through magic, because it's primal magic created by the residual magic of a god's bad poop joke, hence why an entire economy is based on such a silly spell/curse.
>>
>>54799561
>holding opinions backed by scientific journals is no different to committing felonies

beyond fucking parody
>>
>>54799710
>"saying dumb shit can get your fired and that's life,"

These aren't people who want to be held accountable for the things they say. They want real life to be like the internet. It's the ultimate form of post-modernism. Nothing matters and everything lacks context.
>>
>>54799561
Well, you see here is the funny thing.

One of those regards *Actions*
the other one is about *Thoughts*

There is a very good reason why we as a society police actions but not opinions.
This is the problem I have with your flavour of authoritarian, 1984 is satire not a fucking set of guidelines.
>>
>>54800736
>>54802114
These cultists are fucking scary. So glad they're on the way out.
>>
>>54802114

Publishing your opinion is an action
>>
I played a short campaign in this system a few months ago. I was an Outsider who was essentially a Klingon warrior obsessed with DUTY and HONOR. It was fun
>>
>>54802331
>Stop making us take you to the gas chamber and we'll stop taking you to the gas chamber!
When are you going to realize that you completely embody everything you believe that you stand against?
>>
>>54802546

What does that have to do with anything? All I was doing was making a simple statement of fact.

Publishing an opinion, making it known in a way designed to inform others of it and convince them of its validity, is an action. At the point of doing so, things have moved out of the realm of the theoretical 'thought policing' into tangible, physical actions with tangible, physical consequences.
>>
>>54802651
>Stop making us take you to the gas chamber and we'll stop taking you to the gas chamber!
When are you going to realize that you completely embody everything you believe that you stand against?
>>
>>54802651
Out of curiosity.

If I post "I would like to punch you in the face" do you think that is an act of violence?

Yes publishing ideas is an action, but you are not 'acting'. This is why people can happily meme "lol hitler did nothing wrong gas the kikes race war now" and not get arrested for attempted genocide.

Its this principle thats causing so much problem is Europe, as we have to wait until theres is credible physical evidence that some muslim is about to blow himself up/truck of peace before doing anything rather then just rounding up everyone who shares the ideology of those cunts.

You are genuinly a scary individual, and I am looking forwards to when your own rethorics turn against you and you are the one censored for wrongthink
>>
>>54803534

Except that's literally nothing to do with what's being discussed? There is no censorship going on, no viewpoints are being suppressed.

A person in a position of power and responsibility within a company making a statement of their views and opinions is an action which, entirely reasonably, can have consequences if the company does not wish to be associated with that viewpoint.

I'm not trying to make any broader moral or ethical point. I am simply saying that, in this specific circumstance, the way things played out is entirely normal, expected and predictable.
>>
I'll never understand why /tg/ seems to hate anything less crunchy than GURPS. Of course they also hate GURPS for being too crunchy.
>>
>>54804497
It's odd, isn't it?

I'd like to try out more narrative games but they seem so unpopular.
>>
>>54804661

They can honestly be pretty fun. I need a certain amount of crunch to hold my interest, but there are rules light games which make a small number of rules really do work, and even the less interesting ones are still fun for a one shot or short campaign.

I think they're less talked about just because there's less to talk about. Without builds or big mechanical bugs or complex encounters to design, the actual topics for discussion are fairly limited.
>>
>>54797317
>>54797342
>>54797398
>>54798303
>>54798420

Take your (you)s and fuck off
>>
>>54798644

nigga he was held up to his own standards. that one retard just wasn't worth having on the team compared to all the women at Google.
>>
>>54798776

That's like saying Native Americans are white by randomly grabbing one from New York.
>>
>>54804741
That's a good point, and I agree about needing a certain level of crunch.

What ones would you list are enjoyable?
>>
>>54805003
Native Tunisians and Native Egyptian Copts are whiter than Greeks. That's absolutely what they looked like. The invading Arabs were much darker (and the local Arab families still tend to be).
>>
>>54804497
Because /tg/ isn't a unified hivemind. I quite like PbtA games, never would have done a Shadowrun game without the Sixth World hack. I personally lean heavily towards the more narrative/gamist type of game, but again /tg/ isn't a hivemind
>>
>>54805054

Off the top of my head, mechanically interesting rules light games include things like Dogs in the Vineyard, Don't Rest Your Head or some PbtA games which actually make good use of the mechanical structures.

More broadly, I've had great fun with 3;16 Carnage among the Stars and Maid RPG. There are other rules light games that get a lot of hype, but I've got a lot I've not yet been able to try out.
>>
>>54805450
>Because /tg/ isn't a unified hivemind.

I mean, you aren't wrong. But it seems like these threads in particular end up devolving into complete shitfits. So I feel like they are uniquely hated for some reason.

>>54805054

Seconding Maid. In a Wicked Age is also a great pick up and play RPG. The story actually writes itself as a part of chargen.
>>
>>54805485
>>54805859
I have a hard time separating Maid from weird fetish action I guess, so always avoid it.

I've been really trying to try out some Barbarians of Lemuria but not successful so far.

Dungeon World looked neat, but I hear it is weak compared to Apocalypse and others.
>>
>>54805946

Maid has some weird elements, but it's honestly more of a zany comedy game than anything else, and that's how I've always seen it played.
>>
>>54797069
>Powered by Apocalypse

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>54805859
>But it seems like these threads in particular end up devolving into complete shitfits. So I feel like they are uniquely hated for some reason.
It's because /tg/ has attracted a lot of /pol/tards in the past year or so who came to /pol/ directly from reddit. These newfags have been shitposting constantly since then, because they weren't taught proper 4chan etiquette via lurking on /b/. Instead, they scour the boards looking for pictures of non-whites so they can post board-unrelated /pol/shit. The cover of this game attracts them like moths to a bright light, hence >>54799266
>>
>>54797069
I have them, but I suspect they might be above the size limit
>>
>>54797317
>>diversity checklist characters
There's one token black guy.
>>
>>54798468
>Make a Super hero RPG
>It has nothing to do with superpowers, it's just about teen angst

Why would anyone want to play this?
>>
>>54807041
If you read the book you'd know that it's chock full of muh identity genderqueer characters.
>>
>>54807103

Because not everyone sees the world in stupid false dichotomies?
>>
>>54807103
Most superhero systems, even the really low-crunch narrative ones, have a hard time simulating the comic-book staple of having regular low/now-power dudes standing toe to toe with alien demigods and/or working together with them in a party. Making the powers fluff, and the teenage angst the crunch, is a funny but surprisingly effective way of making sure everyone can contribute meaningfully to the party whether they're the Green Arrow of the party, or the Superman. It actually works pretty well, and if your table is self-aware enough to get the joke of the teenage angst being the stats, it makes for a lot of laughs at the table.
>>
>>54806911
Not OP, but thank you for posting something relevant rather than feeding the /pol/tards
>>
>>54807103
>Make a Super hero RPG
>It has nothing to do with superpowers, it's just about teen angst
>Why would anyone want to play this?

Serious question: have you ever read a comic book with a teenage protagonist?
>>
>>54807764
>it's supposed to be this way!
>what way
>bad!
Oh, well good luck
>>
>>54809146
>Thinks the source genre for a genre-specific game is bad
>Comes to a thread to discuss a game designed to emulate that specifigenre
Why?
>>
>the conspiracy is not white people want things
I knew it!
>>
>>54810452
>hey guys what do you think about my advertisement
>it sucks
>RACIST
>>
File: 1443414370813.jpg (9KB, 236x261px) Image search: [Google]
1443414370813.jpg
9KB, 236x261px
>>54810678
>Racist
What? I asked why you're trying to critique a game that's emulating a genre you said is itself bad? What the fuck does that have to do with racism? What?
>>
>>54810726
lol whatever you say cultist
>>
>>54810793
Not that guy but there was literally no mention of race in that whole comment chain
>>
File: Power Shrug.gif (428KB, 200x183px)
Power Shrug.gif
428KB, 200x183px
>>54810815
I think he's making both a true scotsman falacy or maybe an "A implies B, therefore B must imply A" mistake.

As far as I can tell, the logic train is
>Given: Mask's art-style makes an appeal to diversity
>Therefore Mask must be pure SJW garbage, >Therefore anyone who likes Mask must be muh SJW boogeyman.
>Second Given: SJW boogeymen frequently accuse people of being racist rather than posing genuine arguments
>Therefore anyone who likes Mask, because they are clearly muh SJW boogeyman, must be accusing me of racism.
>>
>>54811059
So, in short, our poor anon has become horribly disconnected from reality leaping at any opportunity to paint his version of reality onto events, making communication near impossible and futile.
>>
>>54797203
>black guy isn't electric
one fucking job
>>
>>54811059
>>54811089
>quick let's circle the wagons and affirm our own opinion to prove that we're not cultists
>>
>>54811136

Dude just coming in here but you might wanna take off the tinfoil and go outside here. Assuming you aren't just here to derail which you most likely are.
>>
>>54811180
Better call everyone who can tell you're a cultist that they're crazy, cultists never do that. :^)
>>
>>54811180
I think we can only pray for him now.
>>
File: 1483507670611.png (413KB, 469x514px) Image search: [Google]
1483507670611.png
413KB, 469x514px
>>54811136
Cultists of what? Liking "Powered by Apocalypse World" games?
>>
If the retard posting in this thread is actually sincere (although good odds he's a troll), I would really love them to try and outline their entire logic here. Just, lay it out, step by step, not skipping over any details since what appeared in posts has been fragmentary, incoherent and at points nonsensical.

Seeing it all clearly stated in one place would be interesting, at the very least.
>>
File: 1479012861924.png (926KB, 640x718px) Image search: [Google]
1479012861924.png
926KB, 640x718px
>>54811240
You're right, I would also like to actually see his basic thesis statement at least.
>>54810793
>>54810678
>>54811136
>>54811207
Seriously, please enlighten me... or "redpill".. that's what you guys say right? What is this "cult" and what does liking Mask have to do with racism accusations? I'm genuinely curious to hear how that all connects.
>>
>>54802425
Stop enjoying yourself and talking about tabletop games. Can't you see /pol/ needs a safe space to be triggered in?
>>
>>54804741
>Without builds or big mechanical bugs or complex encounters to design, the actual topics for discussion are fairly limited

The damage D&D 3e wrought. It came about at exactly the wrong moment for many reasons, one of which was that it hit the nascent internet tabletop community like a flying dog turd to the face. Everyone loved to pull apart the mechanics of that game and come up with shit like the Undead Computer and the Peasant Railgun, because the rules were broken in many interesting ways. Then that became the default for all discussion.
>>
>>54811105
Not everyone can be Static Shock. Everyone should be Static Shock, but they can't all meet that bar.
>>
>>54811335
>that's what you guys say right?
Which guys are those?
>>
File: Feel the feels.png (73KB, 141x326px) Image search: [Google]
Feel the feels.png
73KB, 141x326px
>>54811530
Its a hard life.
>>
File: Mr Rogers.jpg (59KB, 736x498px) Image search: [Google]
Mr Rogers.jpg
59KB, 736x498px
>>54811687
People from /pol/ obviously
Now, as I said, we're percectly open to hearing you explain what you mean by cultist, and what it has to do with Mask and Racism. Please, by all means, explain.
>>
>>54798732
>not a thing you can do about it!
That's not true anon.

I opted to not buy their shitty set.
>>
>>54811687
You know, "urban youths."
Thread posts: 278
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.