[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Storage Wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: mage wars cards.jpg (76KB, 580x571px) Image search: [Google]
mage wars cards.jpg
76KB, 580x571px
>Finally decide to organize a card game I have been getting all the expansions and shit for over the course of almost five years
>Realize I have about 2,000 cards
>Get a massive organizer for the cards with some storage space for the bit boxes for the bits and bobs
>Start sorting all the cards by type, level, etc
>Almost sixty different segments (even without level separation)
>Spend the better part of a day and only have one and roughly another half of one type left to sort and store
>Close box to set it aside because I need a break
>Fucker weighs a good 30+ pounds now
>Still need another big ass container for player material outside of cards, bits, and bobs
>Everything included, close to 40lbs of a game
>I just wish I had someone to play it with

What tales of storage and sorting do you have for me /tg/?

Pic related. Game I am working on storing.
>>
>>54793240

Actually, the storage bin weighs over 20 pounds, not 30.

257 typical trading cards are roughly a pound and I have a little over 2,000. The solid wood case, the bits and bobs, the wooden insert with dividers, and the rule books for the base game and expansion material all add up to get it close to that 30 pound mark though.
>>
File: 20170810_010236.jpg (4MB, 7847x2445px) Image search: [Google]
20170810_010236.jpg
4MB, 7847x2445px
>>54793240
I have that issue with ALL card games. And board games.

Krosmaster is the biggest offender for me right now. Ran some demos for it, ended up ass-deep in product. Love the game, it's basically Final Fantasy Tactics with a Paper Mario damage scale, and an in-game money and item system similar to a moba. Now I just have to find people to play it with semiregularly. And maybe keep up with the new releases. All the blind box shit turned me off, though. I might just get the static purchases.
>>
Literally never have any storage problems. I play yugioh and sell everything I don't need like shitty commons to little kids. Sold 2 tins full of commons for like $10 after taking out all the good card.
>>
>>54794508

>CCG

It is easy to flip CCG stuff, LCG stuff is a different beast (that is what Mage Wars is).

On the plus side, I finally finished it all.

I am tired, but I feel good about myself. Like I accomplished a goal.

A shitty goal that nobody will besides me will every give a single flying fuck about, but a goal none-the-less which is rare as hell for me.

The last two games I went on a full collector and storage frenzy war was Call of Cthulhu the Card Game and Warhammer Invasion.

Also two complete games I can't get anyone else to play.
>>
File: mythic battles pantheon.jpg (111KB, 639x852px) Image search: [Google]
mythic battles pantheon.jpg
111KB, 639x852px
I'm gonna have to start thinking about how to store pic related when it arrives in a couple months.
>>
>>54794423
>Star Wars: Destiny
My man.
>>
>>54800000
It's dangerously good. I told myself I wouldn't really hard buy in to any CCGs, and I would just pick up mtg cards as I drafted. I tend to host a lot of draft with people who love playing mtg but are just kinda, over it as a collectible, so cards get abandoned at my place and resold to fund pizza at the next draft.

Destiny is like, the wrench in that "no more CCG plan" I brought a booster box home like a week after the first two starters hit, and my wife reminded me of the rule
"I thought you weren't going to buy into any more CCGs?"
"THIS IS DIFFERENT. It's like... it's fucking GOOD."

She plays, though, so I "Had" to trade jabba so she could play Han/Rey falcon bullshit. It's all worked out in the end, except for their awful distribution issues.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.