[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your gaming confessions.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 36

File: confessional.jpg (230KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
confessional.jpg
230KB, 500x423px
I am immensely, immensely jealous of this one guy in my wargaming group. He is enormously better than I am at the game, he's open and friendly and tries to explain his systems for playing well, and I cannot follow them, however much he tries to explain.

For instance, he's got this "long term loose calculation system". I understand it in the qualitative sense, it's almost like the fictional psychohistory in the Asimov books, he can't predict how a series of d10 rolls will work out in an individual battle, but he knows that there are enough rolls in the game widely distributed enough for laws of probability to more or less take hold, and he can analyze larger scale patterns like how the battle of the atlantic (but not an individual sub hunt) are likely to go at given levels of production and commitment.

He explains this with this ridiculously complicated set of equations that he's again, more than happy to show off to anyone who is interested. I am, but looking them over just makes me feel dumb.
>>
File: Sgt Bruce Cassowary.png (40KB, 210x307px) Image search: [Google]
Sgt Bruce Cassowary.png
40KB, 210x307px
>>54790130
I absolutely despise every p&p rpg I've ever ran.

On average, my many players have been an unbearable, almost baffling, combination of annoyingly stupid, self-loathing, and narcissistic.

I only run games for you losers because every couple of months or so, I somehow feel pity.
>>
>>54790130
I only prep about 10% of my games content the rest I make on the fly. The players have yet to catch on, but it's only a matter of time.
>>
I cheated on a CCG once to beat this total asshole who would always win, but was always an asshole about it. I know it's not a good reason, which is why I am ashamed of it.
>>
>>54790301
>I only prep about 10% of my games content the rest I make on the fly. The players have yet to catch on, but it's only a matter of time.

Are you me? The funny thing is I realized my improvisational skills are getting better to the point where some of my biggest ass-pulls have been really well received by players.
>>
I fudge dice behind the GM screen. Like ALL the time. I rarely play what drops. It's mostly for the sake of story and making sure the players have a good time. It's so they get humbled when they need it, and ensuring they don't win major boss fights too quickly without any challenge.
>>
If I think I can get away it, I often cheat to do make sure I lose (removing my hits and successful saves along with fails, etc). It stated when I was teaching people to play, trying to make their first few games fun and the like, but eventually I stated doing this in regular games. I don't play tournaments, though, so it's never come up in an "official" game.
>>
I come to confession threads hoping they turn gay like that one time, they never do
>>
When playing a prepared caster, I never actually prepare spells. I just have whatever I need, when I need it.
>>
>>54790130

I set up an entire RPG campaign to break a player's heart, and it worked. I still feel really bad that I made your girl cuck you, but you sort of deserved it, man.
>>
I plan on writing a fantasy novel one day.

I hang around /tg/ and write down ideas and characters I want to steal for it.

If it's successful, I won't ever credit /tg/ for its help.
>>
>>54790130
There were times in which I fiercely defended fudging dice on /tg/ because I see the merit of doing it in games. In practice, I never actually fudged dice and usually rolled in the open.

Last 5e session my GM gave every player some loot and I got a magic dagger that can turn into a long or greatsword via keyword. It also is +2 and under the constant bless effect, so for each attack I would do with it, I would get a +1d4. I will never use it, since I play a cleric and need to cast spells instead of wasting my action by smacking a bitch.
>>
>>54794231
Uh, why did he deserve it? Story?
>>
>>54790130
My GM is being stupid and saying that if we don't explicitly state that we roll for insight when asking someone a question or listening to an NPC, we cannot pick up on their deceptions.

So from now on, I will roll for insight every single time an NPC says a sentence to my PC, to spite him. And hopefully to make him come to his senses.
>>
>>54791587
There's a special place in hell *prepared* for you sir.

>>54794290
You can do an inspired by or special thanks without actually losing any legal rights. No different than the derivative trash most authors generate after reading books themselves.
>>
>>54794290
Execution is far more important than ideas. Steal ideas ruthlessly. A less talented writer will only waste them.
>>
>>54790130
My confession... I'm sick of the group I've been gaming with every week for 5 years. They're good dudes, and I don't want to cast off friendships, but their only meaningful merit in roleplaying is their ability to show up almost every sunday.

After 5 years they just really haven't improved. They don't really get this whole "role" playing thing. I don't know what it takes to get a player to take their game to the next level. To get them to actually talk to NPCs or have an ambition strong enough to form their own plans and take initiative.

>worst part is there's one of them who's pretty decent, but how to extract him without burning bridges with the rest?
>>
I'm bath with math. I use it indirectly to fudge the numbers unless corrected.
>>
>>54796302
Are you my play group?
>>
>>54796337
N-n-no... ? >_>;
>>
>>54796374
>stutter-writing
>emoticons
kawaii uguu desu nee, faggot
>>
File: gary.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gary.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>54796374
I'm sorta in a similar situation with my group. Most of them just show up to hang out, which is fine, but isn't really the reason we should be playing RPGs as a group. I'd suggest talking to the player you want to keep gaming with about this, and tell the others you either arent going to continue dming for them, or are gonna stop playing in their groups, but will still hang out socially. Maybe dedicate a day or night for the friend group like you may normally set aside a day for DND/RPGs.

TLDR - Fucking talk to them and find new people to play with. You can be friends with people and not game with them every week
>>
>>54791507
None of my monsters have hp. They just die when I feel like it.
>>
>>54790130
There's this guy who is enthusiastic about everything, but his tone makes it sound he is being sarcastic... but he isn't... or is he? When he says "great game!" I don1t know if he actually means it or is on so many levels of irony I can't even comprehend it, and it's driving me nuts.

PS.: I fudge everything, especially if I'm unprepared. I don1t even bother writing HP down for enemy encounters.
>>
>>54796424
Yeah, see- the day is sunday because that's the day everyone has off consistently. There is no "other day" we can all hang out, so either I keep showing up, forever losing my sundays in something I no longer enjoy doing... or I hang with them individually, but like once a month when my other day off aligns with one of theirs? Just logistically flimsy, you know?
>>
>>54796463
I have resting bitch face too.
>>
>>54796464
Would you rather spend your consistent day off playing bad games, just hanging out, or finding new people to game with, for a hopefully better game, and seeing your old friends less frequently. It is possible to maintain friendships and not see them every week.
>>
>>54796464
or train them.
As a player take the lead. Ask questions to the NPC. Not even quest NPC

"What is good on the menu?"
>Theres stew, bread, pork roast.
I turn to the bartender and ask
"What do you like?"
>"Errr... The stews goof"
"oh whats in it?"
>"Beef, pototaes, carrots"
"hmmm.... Im not too sure. Do you have any eggs that you could boil up and sever with it"
>"Sure"

and so on. If your The Gm you can do the same, fill the world with pointless convos.
The Shop keeper has hurt his back so asks the PC to get his new rope/ box of healing potions/ sunrod off the top shelf as hes a bit too sore to use the ladder
A child is standing in the middle of the narrow city path. singing and using a skipping rope.
its not an ambush, just a kid in the way.
>>
I make intentionally flawed MTG decks to play against my friends, because they're bad and would probably quit if I stomped them 90% of the time.
I also never focus one enemy in matches with more than two players, instead dividing damage and control in a way to keep the players having fun.
>>
>>54796222

He killed my dog. We stayed friends, but from that day on I hated that motherfucker with a passion. I ran an 8-month long campaign entirely out of spite.
>>
I like to GM high-lethality games where the players give their characters very minimal backstory and appearance descriptions. This is to make the characters all sorta expendable and make them all blank canvases for the each individual player to think of their own thing. As the characters survive, I have them add a snippet to the backstory or another little detail to the character to make their player get attached. This is normally effective and makes the players cautious to the dangerous world.

But it fucking backfired on me, Father, it backfired so hard. It's a new-ish campaign and two of the players on their second character and one is still on their first, but I can't bring myself to kill him. I've actually fudged rolls for the first time in years to turn a crit into a normal hit or even a hit into a miss. Their characters aren't even well described, but I've been in a writing mood and have been writing a backstory for the one who has survived and thinking about the other two a lot. I've tried really hard and have been able to convince myself to kill two of them, but the one character who has survived the whole time? Fuck, I can't do it. And it's not even for a nice reason really. I want to keep the character alive so he can live a really shitty life and barely scrounge by and when he's finally given up, I'll kill him.

None of the other player suspect a thing because he will still commonly go unconscious or read the line of death, but there is always a way out. Always some way for him to survive, but they haven't picked up on that yet. What should I do, Father?
>>
>>54796705
Story time mate, lets hear the details.
>>
File: 1479147567451.png (53KB, 252x270px) Image search: [Google]
1479147567451.png
53KB, 252x270px
>>54796716
Keep going, when they think they've caught on to you, kill them.
>>
>>54796736

Sure, when I get back from work.
>>
>>54796705
You're going to need to give us a full greentext rundown.
>>
My GM likes to play a shitty rpg system that we've tried to patch the countless flaws of, which has a cool (but imbalanced) magic system, but is shitty half-baked ideas for almost everything else.
Every campaign we play, one or two characters end up so much more powerful than the rest of the group that fair opposition is impossible. An enemy that can one-shot the medium armored rogue/fighterish character will be literally unable to harm the armored knight with any roll.
So far, 4 of the 6 group members (not including him) have mentioned that we'd like to try another system (Pathfinder seems the most likely, as we have the books and mostly know how to play), but he doesn't want to try anything else.
It sucks to switch, because we'd lose the guy who's willing and delighted to be perma-GM, but I've been thinking about running the sessions myself. I'd have to kiss being a player goodbye, though.
>>
>>54796755

Okay, to give a very brief summary. When I was away on National Service, he poured a beer for my dog to drink. Beer is basically poison to an old dog, and it died choking on vomit.
>>
>>54796833
>Pathfinder
>moving from one shitty broken system to another
Pick something actually good. What is the system you're moving from?
>>
>>54796890
Moving from Ars Magica. Do you have a better suggestion for high fantasy?
>>
>>54797032
Depends on what you mean by high fantasy.
>>
>>54797038
Magic, elves, dwarves, dragons.
>>
>>54796705
This post is like looking into a crab bucket
>>
>>54790130
can't gm for shit
head is a hive of ideas that I just don't know how to make into anything
>>
>>54794290
Are you me?
>>
>>54797049
Anima - Beyond Fantasy
AD&D 2e
GURPS Dungeon Fantasy (can be easily extended by bolting other GURPS books on)
Runequest
D&D 5e
RuneQuest
SenZar
Song of Swords
Burning Wheel
Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2e

Depends on desired tone, lethality, mechanical complexity, abundance of [specific element, e.g. magic], etc.
>>
File: D - disgust.jpg (45KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
D - disgust.jpg
45KB, 550x412px
>>54791587
>>
>>54794231
>I still feel really bad that I made your girl cuck you
What power do you wield anon?
>>
>>54797142
I personally love AD&D 2nd Edition, but everyone seems to be more familiar with 3rd edition and Pathfinder around here.
I don't really like 5th Edition, but I'll check out the rest of those, thanks.
>>
File: sigh.png (19KB, 238x268px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.png
19KB, 238x268px
>>54790130
You know that guy that gets really excited for a character concept and then gets bored of it after two games and wants to play something else?

That's me.

I fucking hate it but I can't help it no matter what I do. How do I learn to love my characters, /tg/?
>>
>>54797194
Don't specialize and build a character that's already the concept you're excited about. Make someone who's far from being what you aspire and work toward that goal.
>>
>>54797142
>Runequest
>RuneQuest
One of these was originally Mythras, but then I changed it into Runequest since they're basically the same thing.

>>54797178
WFRP and SoS are high-lethality gritty games. Runequest is BRP D&D, Dungeon Fantasy is GURPS D&D. Burning Wheel is a more narrative game. Anima is apparently a descendant of Rolemaster, and remains reasonably mechanically complex. It was also originally in Spanish, and FFG aren't particularly good at translating, so the wording is funny in some places, and FFG created some errors. SenZar is kind of like AD&D with added heavy metal album cover.
>>
>>54797216
I honestly just wish I had people I could play interesting RPGs I find on /tg/ with. I'd love to play some Redwall or Mario RPG or something unique like that.
>>
>>54797194

Think less about the build or 'concept' and think more about what cool shit your character will let you do, think about the cool shit you can do from moment to moment.

A big beefy fighter for example is a great vehicle for hilarious shenanigans. A wizard is good for for thinking up sneaky ways to negate encounters without throwing an attack.
>>
>>54797214
Well typically that's how it works, but it doesn't stop me from getting tired of the character after three games or so. I have this same problem in videogames where I'm always restarting characters and trying out a new concept, even before I actually get to the point where they meaningfully differ from each other mechanically.

I wonder if I have ADD, but I figure the timeline is too long for that to be a factor.
>>
>>54791587
People like you are the reason I can't trust my players. That and I've caught my players fudging rolls and not marking their cast spells.
>>
>>54797032
I've heard good things of Anima - Beyond Fantasy, but never tried them myself, so can't truly vouch for it. But if my high fantasy needs would not be met, I'd go with that.
>>
>>54790130
When I catch a whiff of another Player packing up some superlethal ability, I always try to get something to defend against, negate or circumvent it. Even if my character would not know about it. I just hate people gloating how their character can fuck up everything and everyone.
Maybe I should stop playing White Wolf games.
>>
>>54797295
Alright, go harder, then:
Make a character with a fairly random backstory who is fresh out of their teen years and (if the system has classes) doesn't even have a class yet. Have him develop based on your decisions and if you feel like changing character archetypes, have your character reflect that with a sudden change of passion. If you suddenly feel like playing a wizard, for example, your guy would have to try and seek out a way to learn the basics of magic.
I think playing out a blank slate shaped by the world around him and his own indecisiveness would be a great way to grow attached to that character and your decisions.
I personally love playing these characters, as they end up with nuances and realistic struggles to their backstory that are hard to just write.
>>
I am a chronic powergamer. If I heal, I have to have 20+ heals in 1 day. If I do dps, I go hard in the dps. I got told to make a bard once, and I ended up with around a +30 to trip CMB at level 9. (Pathfinder) I don't know if it's hurting my RP or not, but I feel like my GM's actually beginning to take it personally. It's one of the reasons I've gotten bored with 5e, there's not enough customization to allow for the kind of pure optimization I need to get my fix.
>>
I shill Strike! on /tg/ unirnoically

oh shit, I just did it again

>unsuitable troll

captcha is spot on today
>>
I'm 44 years old and have been playing RPGs and tabletop war games since I was 11. I peaked between 30 and 35, but I let my bros down by allowing a woman to take precedence over gaming.

Now I don't have my bros, and I lost her when she went into rehab for meth.

Kip, Gordo, Jay, Pete, Seb, even Aiden- sorry I fucked up, bros. I wish we could have all died together and gone to some fucking gaming Valhalla where we play 40k, Mordheim and Necromunda all day then get smashed on home brew all night.

I miss our two nights a week. No women, no politics, no bullshit, just toy soldiers, good beer and the clatter of dice.
>>
File: 1488847404045.jpg (63KB, 466x668px) Image search: [Google]
1488847404045.jpg
63KB, 466x668px
My best campaings are solo or highly unbalanced games:
One of my best friends is an amazing roleplayer and one hell of a tryhard munchkin. It's so much fun watching he break whatever system we're playing with retarded builds. My latest campaing I created an "dragon pc race" that basicly gives him free sorcerer levels/attributes/breath weapon and perks as he consumes gold and Damage reduction/extra damage/racial perks/resistance bonus/size as he build his hoard. Also, he's a barbarian/bard gestalt.
Problem is, this is pushing me away from our regular game with my other friends.
>>
>>54790130
I threw a net once without rolling
>>
>>54796716
Are you me? Keep doing what you are doing if one day they call you on it Kill him without mercy next session make it gruesome and hard, make him bleed and sweat let him see the hope to live...then take it away.
>>
File: UltimateLifeForm.png (561KB, 755x1100px) Image search: [Google]
UltimateLifeForm.png
561KB, 755x1100px
>>54790130
I literally inserted a Magical Realm in my camping.
And by Magical Realm I intend a brothel literally named "Magical Realm" filled with all sort of monstrous races female, male and miscellaneous.
One of the players spent a night of wild fun with the hermaphrodite Minotaur, another one with the Female Gnoll. At least we had fun.
Also I inserted picture related as a "ultimate life form" created by an alchemist inside a lab.
Sorry, not sorry.
>>
>>54790130
I'd imagine it has to do with bell curves and the fact that depending on the number of dice rolled you have different probabilities of what is shown. A very basic example being that 2d6 most commonly comes up 7, but there is a decent chance of less favorable or more favorable probabilities occurring, thusly we assume he blocking numbers that are considered "good" would allow him to predict favorable trends.
>>
File: a1e.png (258KB, 600x439px) Image search: [Google]
a1e.png
258KB, 600x439px
I GM in the secret hope of one day training one of my players to be confident enough and familiar enough with a system to actually GM.

I make sure that I help them internalized rules, and occasionally encourage one of them try a one shot session just to see how they're grasping it.

I changed systems every few months based on what it seems like they might be interested in and passionate about in hopes of finding a rule set that they connect with.

But they're bad /tg/. They're so goddamn bad. And even the ones that do all right say that GMing is so stressful they never want to try it again. Hold me /tg/. Tell me I'll be a player for more than one session in a row someday.
>>
File: 1493963636591.jpg (78KB, 720x740px) Image search: [Google]
1493963636591.jpg
78KB, 720x740px
>>54797574

If it's a tongue in cheek reference and joke ostensibly to mock those who actually insert their fetishes straight faced and eager into a game, is it really Magical Realm anymore?
>>
File: 1496520743890.gif (360KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1496520743890.gif
360KB, 500x375px
>>54797467
>I shill Strike! on /tg/ unirnoically

Tell me more.
>>
>>54797433

A roleplayer mixed with a power gamer isn't a bad thing. A power gamer who murder hobos everything is a bad thing.
>>
>>54797619
Don't do it. You will regret playing in your friends table and will get a bad case of GM envy.
>>
>>54797619
People who'll ever be regular GMs will generally know they want to pretty early in my experience. If nobody in the group seems excited about worldbuilding or running sessions, then that's that. You don't have a future GM on your hands.
>>
>>54790566
Run with it, anon. No one can know this.
>>
>>54797619
Read this:
>>54797692
>>54797693
You will end up making everyone miserable.
>>
>>54797194
What do you get bored about? Is it the personality or the mechanics? Both?
>>
>>54797657
My basic rule is: as long as everybody is having fun, it's all right.
>>
>>54797755
Both I guess? It doesn't seem to discriminate on either account. I sell myself on the idea and then my interest switches to something else after a few games.

I think that part of it is I just get tired of waiting to progress. I've only ever had a single campaign that went to double digit levels so it's kind of rare that I get to fully execute a character concept and slogging through levels 1-5 with nothing to do but attack something in the face gets old.
>>
>>54797295
Try gming
>>
>>54797468
Bro....
>>
>>54797693
What about me though?

I have been playing since 2010- started with freeform... I drifted away from playing with *teleports behind you* "nothin personell kid" people wanking over their OCs online and started getting into TTRPGs around 2013...

Yet the only things I've GMd are Exalted, MAID RPG and Mutants and Masterminds 3e, and only my MAID game ended, because I decided to make it a short game, while the others I just got tired of four-five sessions in.

I want to do it /tg/... I want to be a good GM and make long, good sessions: but when I start to GM, I just lose this will. I fail as a human being, /tg/: whenever I start something, I lose interest so fast. How do you do it, elegan/tg/entlemen? Please, share your wisdom so I can learn!
>>
>>54797468
Friend...
>>
>>54790130

I tricked my friend into killing his cat.

As horrible as that sounds bear with me.

> Playing a mishmash of Traveller mixed with Borderlands setting and weapons
> Player gets a reward in the form of a homebrew gun
> Player can't wait to use his new toy in combat
> Player begins to start fights on purpose
> Uh_oh.jpg
> Player begins to use gun for everything, a la Homer Simpson style
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuG9kUiRC_I
> Several sessions later player's murderhobo-ness has passed tolerable levels for the setting, and the BL setting has a pretty high threshold for murderhobos
> I did try talking to him about his gun toting ways, he waves me off
> I'll_Fix_That.gif
> Players are in a warehouse
> Hear something moving behind a crate
> Player says "I shoot that particular crate, full auto, then say 'Those were just warning shots, come out with your hands up!'"
> Disclaimer: 'Warning Shots' is his character's catchphrase, he uses it all the time from kneecapping homeless people to sniping mercs.
> After nothing player investigates what's behind the crate
> They find a dead white cat
> He doesn't know I looked up his FB profile, found a picture of his cat and put it in the game
> Player gets bummed out, complains and says those were actual real warning shots
> "Were they anon? Just like all the other times you used 'warning shots'? Maybe next time don't shoot first and ask questions later."
> While the player was bummed he did stop having an itchy trigger finger so mission accomplished
>>
>>54796744
aside: I'm still butthurt that the scanslators didn't have this as "magic has no sense of right or wrong", even though I wouldn't have had the balls to meme in that situation either.
>>
>>54798264
Are you me?
>>
>>54798673
Not a bad way of doing it. It won't mess him up long term. But it should keep him in check.
A mark of a good gm is to tailor his game to his players
>>
>>54798264
You have to be invested in your own story. That takes dedication, crafting it carefully to be something you and your players will enjoy. Take your time, don't rush or force yourself to GM.
>>
>>54790130
I can't make myself feel anything when it comes to NPCs anymore. The first games i played in i saw them as real people with feelings and goals of their own. Now they are just blobs of matter. I feel no emotions for them and no remorse about feeding them to monsters or using them as subjects for horrible mutation abominations
>>
>>54790130
I almost always play women in games because I identify better to them;
>>
(DnD5)

I fudge dice rolls.

If my players haven't figured out the AC of an enemy I'll sometimes let them hit it, if they are one point below.
>>
>>54796231
>My GM is being stupid and saying that if we don't explicitly state that we roll for insight when asking someone a question or listening to an NPC, we cannot pick up on their deceptions.
This isn't stupid though. If he told you to roll insight every time an NPC lied to you, you'd know that NPC was lying regardless of what you rolled.
>>
>>54797468
>I wish we could have all died together and gone to some fucking gaming Valhalla where we play 40k, Mordheim and Necromunda all day then get smashed on home brew all night.

Hilariously, you're still being selfish and haven't learned anything. You deserve everything that happened to you
>>
>>54796455
Oh man, this. I have monster categories like "minion" with one hp, bruisers who take four hits, and bosses take 10.
>>
I have extensive 'head'canons about the setting I developed for my games, and ruthlessly retcon or reconsider anything I haven't explicitly confirmed in game.
Two NPCs are children of a former player character (mine, from before I became a DM). I don't think anyone's figured it out. Said former player character is also now a major player in the setting, but he's basically unrecognizable - his personality and appearance have changed drastically.
I don't think the DM that came before me was a very good GM, and I've had to work around his pre-established story once I became DM. It was a pain.
Two games I'm running are set in the same setting during different timelines.
I also once put myself in the game as an unnamed NPC who showed up once to conclude a small subquest in a character's personal plot.
>>
>>54796455

M-me too. Sometimes when a player does crit damage and they get all hyped over it and it does straight up kill the monster, I pretend to jot down the damage.
>>
My confession:
I want to murder one of my groups PCs intentionally.

Friend wanted to be a chtulu warlock. Which is whatevet no big deal I can dig the squid motiffs but hes all edgy about it and trys to solve every problem before anyone else gets a chance. Not to mention fudging rolls and trying to play by his own definition of the rules.

Still my friend outside of the game but god damn I need something that can kill his character and no one elses and make it look like its not on purpose.
>>
>>54800115
In that case he could roll for us instead, if he doesn't even trust me to NOT FUCKING METAGAME.

Because I don't metagame. However, I find it REALLY IRRITATING that he thinks it's FUCKING OKAY to have the character AUTOMATICALLY FAIL because I don't roll.

Actually, I will confront him about it now.
>>
>>54802912
Wittle him down. Posion dart here. Goblin stab there. If the party trys to rest to regain their heal spells then wake them up with an night attack.
Attacks miss the other players. Attacks always hit him. Crit early to take a massive chunk of HP rather then kill with it.
>>
>>54790130
I get tired of roleplaying the same character far too fast and thus end up slowly coming back to a common stereotype that's the easier to pull off to me.
>>
>>54791507
>>54796455
>>54802340
>>54802081
Jesus fucking christ! Do you even play the game?
It's like you went from playing a game of pretending, to pretending to play a game.
>>
>>54805861
>STOP HAVING BAD WRONG FUN
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54794231
>>54796705

This is like some backwards real-life version of Phantom Blood.
>>
>>54800115

Passive Insight is a thing in most systems. Secret rolls are if it isn't!
>>
>>54805886
Ok fine, I confess faggot. I think that fudging rolls is objetivly wrong, always, no excetion.
>>
>>54802955
Alternatively, roll insight during every interpersonal interaction to get the point across that if he's going to punish players for not rolling then they're going to want to roll all the time.
>>
File: nekkid 2370.jpg (84KB, 674x501px) Image search: [Google]
nekkid 2370.jpg
84KB, 674x501px
>>54802009
That's not very nice, you big meanie.

3/10 made me reply.
>>
>>54791423
I do a skeleton plot where I have big moments and then the rest is improvised filler.

Had a party en route to do recon on a desert lich, they find a small village with a house far outside the village containing an elf child and a very protective Golem. The kid talks to the half elf but when the human runs up and interupts them he freaks and the golem forces them out. When they get to the town it is entirely human with on elf wizard looking for his manual of golems.

I improvised that encounter into a town of elf racist humans on edge because the crazy Knife-Ear is making living statues.

Not my most impressive ass-pull but they said they liked how I made it interconnected.
>>
>>54802912
Just send something in that might kill more than just him and have it focus him first.
Warning, though: He'll more than likely play his next character pretty much the same way.
>>
I have a party I recently started GMing for that thinks critical success allows them to do retardedly impossible things, like rip a dragon apart with their hands, or pick a good lock without skill or tools at all. I think this is stupid as fuck in any setting that is even somewhat realistic.
>>
>>54797581
Oh, it's definitely along those lines.

But like, for instance (Warning, Jargon approaching). Say you want to do a submarine strike on British convoys in the North Sea. Each side moves their forces to one of 5 boxes in the sea zone, 0-5. Higher boxes are better, but the convoys themselves are stuck in the 0 box. Say the British have a few ships in the 0 and 2 in the 3 box, while the Germans have a trio of subs in the 3 box as well.

That means, in good weather, the Germans find the Brits on a 1-4, and the Brits find the Germans on a 1-3, leading a breakdown of an individual search as

28% chance, Germans find the convoy, probably attack with a lot of surprise.
42% chance, both sides just miss each other.
12% chance, German subs and the British ships in the 3 find each other, likely little surprise.
18% chance, British ships catch the German subs with their pants down, high degree of surprise in the British favor.

I can work that sort of stuff out easily. This guy takes that, somehow works out likely results over this and every other sea zone that is coming under fire, to predict that over the next in game year, which can have dozens of searches and combats, that the British will lose X convoys, Y escorts, while the Germans and Italians will lose X subs and Y are damaged. He's almost always right to within 10% of his estimates, and it's crazy. Then he'll go and use THOSE predictions to make further predictions, and has half the game worked out by mid 1941.
>>
>>54796302
this hits uncannily close to home...
>>
>>54790130
I don't want to play/GM 5th edition D&D anymore, but it's the only system more than two persons in my group know...
>>
>>54790130
I am happy the two people in my group recently moved away, because I am now definitively the smartest in a group of six and I feel quite satisfied knowing that.
>>
>>54791507
Same.
>>
I've been with my current group for eight years. In that time I don't think I've made a single roll that I haven't cheated or lied about the results with. I have no idea how they haven't caught me.
>>
>>54797692
I don't really get this- two of my players run their own games and have strengths that I respect and admire.
>>
File: magic-items-01.jpg (63KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
magic-items-01.jpg
63KB, 300x300px
>>54807937
They have, and they take pity on you.
>>54808158
Yeah, I don't really get that statement.
Well, maybe I do, if they're bad at it. I had a recent campaign started with a brand new GM, and in our first session with 1st level characters. he gave out 2 busted magic items.
One was an Ioun stone that a random bugbear had and gave us just for talking to him instead of killing him on sight.
The other was a cup that was always full of endless water or any alcohol you desired that the level one thief swiped out of the backroom of a jewelry shop.
Oh wait, I forgot. There was a third item. My priest of luck also found a ring of protection for sale in that shop for a gold, which I ended up winning for free after a rigged game of chance.
>>
When our DM asks if we've read a book adventure, I always say no.

I have read them all.

I don't metagame most of the time, and never use any story knowledge to effect IC decisions, or anything like that.

But I will certainly remember to check for traps if I know the book has some TPK explosion trap coming up in the next room. Since I'm the party's scout, and the character is paranoid as fuck and constantly checks for traps or does perception checks, no one is any wiser to what I'm actually pulling OOC, and it's saved our asses a few times.
>>
I only ever want to play doubles in 40K and Age of Sigmar because it means I don't have to take it really seriously

If a bad guy or monster I'm running in an RPG is getting killed to quickly I'll just double their health without telling anyone

I don't want anymore loyalist primarchs to be released, just Angron and Fulcrum for Chaos
>>
>>54797194

Don't create a fully fleshed out character. Have a loose framework for them, then let them surprise you. You let the fleshing out of their quirks and their goals occur naturally, and it can even be incredibly minor details. Like I found out that my paladin, despite being an all round good person, can easily let the idea of fame and power go to his head unless he consciously reigns himself in or is told by others to do so. And this then made me start questioning what his goals and wants are and what exactly his psychology is like.

It may seem pretentious, but if you've got a few character traits worked out that make the character differ significantly from yourself then that's basically all you need to start playing that character and organically figuring them out whilst at the same time sometimes being surprised.
>>
>>54802009
t. roastie
>>
File: 1498365015912.jpg (154KB, 916x706px) Image search: [Google]
1498365015912.jpg
154KB, 916x706px
>>54790130
I'm 28 years old and I think Primaris Marines are cool
>>
I am playing a character that is pretty much my fetish
Granted, my fetishes are pretty simple, like being a girl, thighhighs, shyness, and so on

Pic actually related
>>
>>54809782
nobody actually shy will wear skirt that short
>>
>>54790130
I spend weeks or months preparing my campaigns. So much so, that when it comes time to actually play, I've lost interest and end up sandboxing until the game falls apart.
>>
>>54796455
Fuck you for doing this. Make everyone go through the trouble of playing D&D then don't even play it.
>>
>>54797468
I'm half your age anon and I am heeding the lesson of your story. Your suffering is not in vain.
>>
>>54805886
This isn't an argument. By your logic you could turn an RPG into a buttfuck party and when someone calls you retarded you just spit out "no such thing and bad wong funnnn" before taking another dick in the ass and mouth.
>>
>>54794290
There was a thread here about a universe which was mostly earth rather than mostly space so instead of galaxies it had impossibly immense caverns thousands of lightyears in diameter and I absolutely plan to steal that.
>>
File: Sad-Puppy.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Puppy.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
I've never been the party face because I don't have the confidence for banter, I'm worried I'll never be good enough for it
>>
>>54796716

you've yet to understand anon.

The Pc's Torment is now your torment. And when he dies, what will all your writing and thinking really be about?

Ironically, your fate has become entwined with the pc's fate.
>>
>>54796875
What a tit.

I would have probably gone to prison for assault.

Why'd you stay friends with him? Was it the whole "Good intentions but bad result thanks to no common sense" kind of thing?
>>
File: d57482f9934c723905852fe16b79cbb8.jpg (181KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
d57482f9934c723905852fe16b79cbb8.jpg
181KB, 750x1000px
>>54790130
My players frustrate me to no end. While I am capable of maintaining my composure for the sake of the game, I know that I'll inevitably lose it one day. I want to ask for forgiveness in advance, Father.
>>
>>54797574
And consider that hilarious idea stolen.
>>
>>54798673
That's both really clever and really dickish, I like it.

Clever and dickish is the best way to stop a budding murderhobo.
>>
File: Kill Me Now.gif (1009KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Kill Me Now.gif
1009KB, 500x280px
I have over two dozen gaming books.

I have never actually played a p&p game though.
>>
>>54799733
So you're trans and using TTRPGs to realize that?

Eh, there are worse ways.
>>
>>54805861
I used to fudge rolls, than someone else pointed this out to me.

You're not playing a game with people if you fudge rolls, you're moving the other players like puppets.

And that's a waste of your time and theirs.
>>
>>54809782
What are you playing? System, race, class?
>>
>>54810773
Does your GM allow you to roll for speech, diplomacy or other charisma based skills?

In any case, have some faith. No doubt there will be some anxiety when starting but once you settle into the role it'll come more naturally, especially if you're with friends who understand the situation. I doubt they were all born with a silver tongue.
>>
>>54790130
I got into TRPGs as a way to deal with my gender dysphoria. Now that I've transitioned and am slowly resolving my dysphoria I'm becoming less and less interested in playing with my group. I feel shitty because im becoming fed up with people doing their magical realm stuff even though I joined as a way to play out mine.
>>
>>54796302
>>54796337
>>54796424
I'm in a group kinda' like this but here's the thing
There's this one guy who RPs every part of what we're doing, controls every conversation, takes the lead in every fight
I can tell the DM/GM loves it
The others can probably tell too
But when it comes around to us, literally everything is already pretty much done or said we usually only get in a "Yeah, okay" or "I agree" before he picks it back up and runs with it more IF we're even involved in what he's doing leaving us completely overshadowed
But still try to talk to everyone. Even it's not to say "Play better or we'll fuck off" just to encourage everyone to participate more, have the DM give everyone a fair chance to shine
You should always at least tell people how you feel what you'd like to improve. It can't hurt
>>
>>54811443
I know there are people who will disagree with me on this, but I don't see your situation as Magical Realm. You weren't attempting to indulge in a fetish, you were dipping your toe in the water of who you really are.

As for your group, if you don't enjoy playing with them you shouldn't feel obligated to stay. Groups come and go, you can always get back into RPGs in future if it becomes something you are interested in again or if you find yourself enjoying it more again.
>>
>>54811490
Thank you, I appreciate you saying that. I'll take your advice after this arc is done. They were really good to me when I needed it so I'd like to see this out to the end with them.
>>
>>54811243
Not him, but I do the same thing, for the same reason, and I am perfectly comfortable having a penis.

Not every feminine guy is trans. If you were to just look at me on the street, you wouldn't even guess that I like to cook, clean, cuddle babby, and all other sorts of things that are considered typically feminine.
>>
>>54811548
So honest question, why create female characters rather then "feminine" guy's?
>>
I'm friends with people who plays Magic the Gathering and I don't really like the game but I play anyways because they do.

I want to play GURPS but internally I feel like all my ideas for the sessions are inadequate so the books stay on my shelves.

I have never played a game of D&D or GURPS.

I am an asshole who doesn't allow people to keep their triggers in mtg.
>>
>>54811643
I like playing females better. Nobody likes a ponce.
>>
>>54811280
Super Mario the RPG, Shyguy (Girl), N/A
>>
>>54811927
>Super Mario the RPG
I was WONDERING how you fit a shygirl into the game. There you go.
>>
>>54790244
>On average, my many players have been an unbearable, almost baffling, combination of annoyingly stupid, self-loathing, and narcissistic.
This is why they don't have anything better to do. Tbph, I realized pretty soon after high school that if you don't have an established friend group playing you should just ditch the hobby due to the overwhelming odds of ending up in Sperglord City.
>>
I think I'm a shitty gm.
I try to prepare NPCs with detailed personalities and find artwork that depicts specific areas in the game.
But when it comes time to run I just kind of stutter out 'uhhhhh he uhhhhh says hi'
I feel like my players are just humorist me because we're all friends and this is my first time running a game.

More of an insecurity than a sin I guess.
>>
I want to play a magical girl game really fucking bad but I'm too shy to actually act on the desire.
>>
>>54796875
>didn't murder the guy
>not even by force-feeding him beer until it killed him
I don't think you have anything to feel bad about. You went easy on this fuck. He owes you for still being alive.
>>
File: IMG_0067.jpg (315KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0067.jpg
315KB, 1200x900px
>>54799733
I'm 193cm tall and 140kgs and I almost universally play halflings and dwarfs, both in MMO's and P&P RPG's.

It's nice to live for a little time in a world where I'm not freakishly large and forever smacking my head on shit.

I can understand what you're on about, anon.
>>
>>54812424
It's a dog you fucking nutball.
Dogs aren't people.
>>
>>54810518
Nice strawman you got there.

Point is that fudging a few certain rolls as a GM sometime really helps you to avoid salty players and shitty drama. It helps make the game a challange to the party again.
>>
>>54812521
Dogs are like happy children, gaylord. They're well-meaning and kinda hapless and trust you implicitly. Anybody who would torment a dog to death for yuks (or is dumb enough to do horrible shit to it for yuks without knowing the consequences) is gonna be a worthless plague to people, too. Take it as a signal and wipe that shit off before a person gets hurt, even if you don't have any appreciation for a guy's bond with his ol' dog.
>>
>>54790130
I play pnp games just to try out builds. I rarely get inspired by a character any more so just sating my twinkboner is enough for me.
>>
>>54790130
I like GMing, but have only ever been able to make oneshots.
I've also only ever played D&D5e
>>
>>54811825
>Nobody likes a ponce
>implying /tg/ doesn't stand for totally gay
what are you, a newfag?
>>
>>54812940
>Anybody who would torment a dog to death for yuks
He was probably a farmboy. Farmboys grow up with horses, and horses like beer. How should he have known that beer kills old dogs? I didn't even know that, and I like dogs. Most dogs actually like beer, just like most other animals fucking like beer.
>>
>>54807149
This actually sounds really really interesting, and as you're detailing, really impressive. What's the game?
>>
>>54796302
End the campaign and try and set up a board game night instead - maybe a multiple player miniatures skirmish game! Then talk to the one player about a game you think he'd do great in.
>>
>>54796685
Bless you <3
>>
>>54797619
Hi Jacob
>>
>>54809802
Don't burst his bubble, anon.
>>
>>54790130
More please. I think he should write something that you can give us
>>
>>54811268
So what's really the difference?

You design a monster beforehand, or at least pick one from a book and tweak it. You design encounters and challenges, and you set DCs and other variables. What's the difference between doing that, and doing that on the fly?
IT's not like PCs should know how and when you set the DCs and roll bonuses, so why should they care?

You never realized you designed an encounter poorly and decide to lower certain monster stats or challenge DCs so PCs have a fair chance? You just let them get TPKd, because you've got an immovable rod up your ass?

You're just doing an another form of improv - a mechanical improv (so to speak), instead of a narrative improv - and you can do it however and whenever you like, as long as you give PCs a fair chance.
>>
Every time my GM asks the group what we're doing, there's a long silence while I wait for anyone else to ever say anything, then I lead the group. I am trying so hard to leave opportunities for anyone else to ever have the spotlight, but they will just sit there in silence if I'm not leading. We even had a guy leave the group because he felt like he never got a chance to make decisions, but he would just sit there like the rest of them.
>>
File: bhrbmpffa3vy.jpg (224KB, 2048x890px) Image search: [Google]
bhrbmpffa3vy.jpg
224KB, 2048x890px
>>54790130
I wanted to play a female elven princess Eldritch Knight cause I really liked a concept art of Warhammer. I won't because the groups I play are usually the type that would talk shit all the time for playing it.
>>
File: tg visits waifu thread.png (126KB, 400x732px) Image search: [Google]
tg visits waifu thread.png
126KB, 400x732px
>>54790130
I write waifu's into the plot
Or at least I write my own fetish fuel into the plot. Thankfully its not quite normal so I get away with it.
>>
>>54814536
I'm not the guy you were talking to, but I agree with fudging rolls IF you designed something improperly. As far as just trying to counterbalance the RNG, I don't think I've ever tried to do that.
Then again, I'm the kind of person who enjoys getting rammed up the ass by Darkest Dungeon and Nathack, so maybe that's not the preferred experience for most people.
>>
>>54814599
*NetHack. Fuck me, it's late.
>>
>>54797194
Roll 3d6 straight down. Now you're stuck with a character that doesn't fit what you had planned.

Problem solved
>>
>>54791507
I don't fudge dice, but I do tweak the health of enemies on the fly.

I don't do away with health entirely like >>54796455 and I don't do it for most enemies, but if there's a boss fight and they do kill the enemy too easily (which has happened a couple of times) I just have the enemy fight on with negative health until the party seems ragged enough to have earned it.

Likewise, for enemies, I pick ones that are too hard in advance and then scale them back on the fly. I have a group that can be anywhere between 4 and 9 players, so I never know how strong the enemies need to be until they're in the fight. I ignore extra poison damage and multiattacks until near the end of the fight or if they're being beaten too easily.

Essentially I make sure that in any fight that isn't supposed to be trivial, someone runs the risk of death.

I also fudged a Deck of Many Things draw to ensure one player got the "change an event"
card so they could undo a party member's death, because they died from a critical fail on a death save and it bothered me.
>>
>>54794231
>>54796705
>>54796875
We've had the reason why you did it, but how did a campaign make a man get cucked?
>>
>>54806404
Note: Make sure your GM isn't the person that would constantly roll for insight/perception every other minute if they weren't the GM
>>
>>54811268
I used to openly roll everything.

Up until one day, with a group I am playing, three sessions in one of the enemies got lucky and one-shotted a PC dead in one blow. No chance of survival, they were blown to bits, the villain had done so much damage. The player was bummed out because they didn't get to fully explore the nuanced character they had planned to play.
>>
>>54814727
You should probably play systems where that doesn't happen, if your goal is to "explore the nuanced character".
>>
>>54814599
>>54811268
The players come along for an intense experience where anything could happen. They want the risk of death because it makes the game more exciting, but they don't want to die.

Maintaining the illusion that their lives are entirely up to chance gives them the satisfaction that they've cheated death against the odds. Keeping it as nothing more than an illusion means they don't have to suffer the consequences of those odds.

That said, I don't fudge rolls or hide them. My players know if an attack hit. But I make the damage up if I need to, and I change the enemy health as I see fit to make sure it seems like the odds are always against them, but JUST beatable.
>>
>>54814599
Yeah, that's what I mean. I don't attempt to correct the RNG, but if I see that encounter is going too easy or too tough (RNG aside), or I feel that the scene should be more memorable, or even if players seem to be enjoying struggling in the encounter... generally if I feel that the experience would be more interesting and positive for players if I fudge - then I fudge.
>>
File: trolley.png (24KB, 105x104px) Image search: [Google]
trolley.png
24KB, 105x104px
>>54813739
>Farmboys not knowing what dogs can/can't have
>>
>>54796302
>>54796302
>their only meaningful merit in roleplaying is their ability to show up almost every sunday.
Sounds like a dream
>>
>>54814755
See, if I had been able to fudge the roll, I would have said that the character loses half a hand or something and that would have made for a better story for the character. Instead, I had to declare the character completely dead just because an enemy got very lucky with one of their rolls.

Anyway, I am always interested in knowing more systems: what kind of RPG are you thinking of?
>>
>>54814826
A lot of RPGs with the less simulationist, more narrativist bent nowdays have "character death should happen for a reason" as an important rule.

I also prefer when crits don't get out of hand.

Right now I'm enamored with Strike!, but I'm going to get accused of shilling.
>>
File: Dead Inside.png (741KB, 1688x518px) Image search: [Google]
Dead Inside.png
741KB, 1688x518px
I lurk this board out of sheer psychological inertia. I burned out hard on tabletop RPGs because I was stuck as a forever GM, all of the GMs around me were shit, most of my players were shit, and I didn't have the insight to make better players out of them. I don't think I'm ever going to play in and actually enjoy another RPG because my interests are too niche. I crave crunchy, mechanically complex systems and vanilla fantasy and vanilla sci fi now bore me.

Could somebody please run Artesia for me? Or Exalted 2.5? Or Scion 1E? I'M AWARE THAT THEY'RE MECHANICALLY BROKEN OKAY JUST RUN THEM FOR ME I'M SICK OF NORMAL SYSTEMS AND SETTINGS
>>
>>54814878
Nah man, we were playing L5R. It's pretty brutal, even if it's just one damage die exploding.

So, Strike! is an RPG that has a narrativist bend? What other RPGs have that kind of bend? Do they allow for the GM to one hit kill a player, if it's appropriate?
>>
>>54790130
Lack of gaming is driving a wedge into my relationship
>we have the same conversation every few months after having a fight
>that games are an important component of a relationship for me
>that i am more likely to stay in a relationship with a gamer
>each time she promises we will schedule a gaming night every couple of weeks
>each time nothing happens and i become more despondent
>>
>>54814882
Would Exalted 3e work for you anon?
>>
>>54814905
Indulge my morbid curiosity, please. Where do you draw the line? When will you break up with her?
>>
>>54814905
Some of your hobbies can be separate. Do you have other people to play regularly with? My girlfriend plays vidya with me and we do lots of other stuff together, but tabletops are basically a "Guy's Night" thing I do on most Saturdays. Works for me, might work for you.
>>
>>54814902
>So, Strike! is an RPG that has a narrativist bend?

It's primarily gamist, just fills the holes with narrativist stuff.

>What other RPGs have that kind of bend?

FATE and anything inspired by Apocalypse World would be my first answer to that, but there's plenty more.

Thinking about it, something like L5R would fit really well with the AW formula.

>Do they allow for the GM to one hit kill a player, if it's appropriate?

If both the player and the DM agree that it was appropriate, yes.
>>
>>54814965
>If both the player and the DM agree that it was appropriate, yes
So you're against fudging, yet it's okay if it's appropriate?
>>
>>54814921
No. Solars bore the everloving shit out of me and I'd have to rely almost entirely on homebrew to play anything else. Plus I'm one of those assholes who liked a lot of the janky parts of 2E. I liked magitech, and much more so, genesis tech. I liked that Yozi were their charms, I liked dragonblooded eugenics and the eugenics that came from the other splats. I liked that they actually had high essence charms.
>>
File: 1479053967882.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479053967882.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>>54796636
>Tfw you insert random pointless banter between players and npcs in every one of your games
>Tfw it plays out like a Quentin Tarantino movie everytime it happens
It's probably the only thing i really look forward to other than the memes that spawn from these shit shows.
>>
>>54814925
I am not sure where the line is right now. It has been close to four years since i last ran/ played a RPG. At the beginning of the relationship she was all about board and cards games. Now it is all about vegging in front of the TV, complaining, and gaining weight.

I should have stayed with the gamer girl prior to her, but the one previous to her was such a nutcase i thought i would get ghosted again.
>>
>>54814983
>So you're against fudging, yet it's okay if it's appropriate?

Is it fudging if it's in the rules? If it's in the rules, you both sit down with the expectation that your character will die when appropriate, not when a boss rolls a nat 20. If it's not in the rules, you accept that the chance of the nat 20 oneshotting your character exists (just like your ability to oneshot the boss exists), and fudging that would be betraying that expectation.
>>
>>54815002
You should define the line. Why can't you do that?
>>
>>54814945
She makes me feel guilty about hanging out with other people unless it includes her. It isn't even a conscious thing on her part. Just a steady stream of her bitching about never getting to see her friends, and how i am so lucky with all of my friends (who i never see).
>>
>>54790130
Dear Group that I am a GM to.
Running this open-world campaign was a mistake; I only started it off because I wanted to have something to look forward to after 12 hours of work per day,and because I tried to find a way to deal with depression, which you don't know that I have. Your enthusiasm is the only thing that keeps the game alive.

Lizardbro: you are the luckiest sonofabitch I have ever seen, and play your character well; you really earned that cohort that I allowed, which I only intended to use as an annoying adoring fan NPC. That kobold-lizardfolk relationship in the game is too adorable.

Catfolk chick: cool headed, know dem rules and despite you splitting the party and giving me a shitton of extra work, the IC reason to do it is more than fair, and I approve, and besides, I did say it's open world. Tthanks for being kind, chill, and understanding OOC, would love to drink a round with you.

Kobold chick: holy fuck, I want to stomp your character so badly for metajoking so much, but goddamit your cheerfulness is so damn contagious. Never change.
>>
>>54815017
>implying I would play a d20 system
no thanks.

Also, Fate uses a d6 system right? And Apocalypse world uses 2d6, correct? And the setting is set in an apocalyptic world?

Why would I want to play a game that uses 2d6 or, heaven forbid, 1d6 as a die resolution? That sucks.

Also, post apocalyptic is not my cup of tea.
>>
>>54815047
I think you'd have better luck talking to her about this problem, and just accepting that she has changed for your first gripe. She fell out of the hobby, and trying to push her back in will likely just cause resentment.
>>
>>54815017
>>54815069
>Letting crits be that big of a deal.
I hate the "I rolled nat 20 so I wrestle the dragon and pin it into submission" trend.
>>
File: 1379801729360.jpg (123KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1379801729360.jpg
123KB, 1000x1000px
>>54790130
I have practically no imagination, and because of that can barely even role play as myself, let alone a new persona.
>>
>>54815019
Likely due to the fear of ending up with someone worse. That and her attitude about how she's the poster child for Murphy's law, and how everything that could go wrong for her will.
>>
>>54815069
>>54815097
I just used it as an example.

FATE uses a number of fate dice (d3 that goes -1,0,+1), but you can replace it with d6 or d4.

AW uses 2d6, yes. AW inspired a fuckload of spinoffs that aren't set in the apocalypse. There's one for basically everything, as long as it has strong, easily identifiable tropes.
>>
>>54815141
You're dying a slow death. Get out.
>>
File: 1450468074700.jpg (269KB, 798x624px) Image search: [Google]
1450468074700.jpg
269KB, 798x624px
>>54790130
I have an amazing campaign going, and guess I feel a little too into the redemption story the players got going for one NPC. Doesn't impact much, I just feel especially proud of them for showing kindness to someone shitty and a lot of astounding rolls that followed leading into them recruiting what they changed into a super powerful transcendentally pretty literal flower child hippy fuck. It's hilarious as it is sweet to me after so many years with this game, so I'm putting more effort into the side-content of it than I need to. It's refreshing to play and NPC someone who's so damn happy and relieved to finally be out of pain. Like a drunk sorority girl from the positive energy plane.
>>
>>54808714
Depending on what stone they aren't too bad.
The water cup is kinda standard too
>>
>>54797433
Stop playing games that make you create "builds" and play something better. Try /osrg/
>>
>>54814988
God I love banter. I love banter so much.

I secretly want to have a romance in one of the games I'm playing, but I feel like it would come off as spaghetti dropping rather than cool because one of the things I like to include in my games is a sense of realism, and people are not always cool when they fall in love.
>>
>>54810230
Who said I was playing d&d shit stain
>>
>>54815155
I like having crunch to go with my RP though. And those systems are sorely lacking.

Not to speak of their choice of die, dreadful. I can forgive GURPS' choice of 3d6 die, roll under the ability scores and whatnot though.

Anyway, fudging dice to make encounters more memorable and players not salty is a good thing. Limiting yourself to open rolling is just that: limiting. But whatever floats your boat.

And if you are open rolling, also keep in mind you have to open roll for insight when the characters are being lied to or perception when the PCs are about to get ambushed.
>>
>>54815195
I don't know, maybe I just don't like settings where magic is everywhere. Even admitting that, I feel like a bugbear freely giving it to us just for talking with him is unreasonable. Also, this town that we got all the magic items in was poor and weak enough that a group of about 30 goblins was able to conquer it when we aided them.
>>
>>54814945
This, anon, it's exactly how my wife and I make it work. We watch movies and go on dates together, we play video games, but she has little interest in tabletop gaming after giving it a go a couple times with different games, and so it's something we don't share. My wife asks how the game went after game night, and likes to hear the stories my players and I get into, but she has no actual part in them
>>
>>54812940
I havery a friend who fed her dog table scraps. All the time. Including things like chocolate and grapes . I found out when we where eating a curry and she fed him an onion bagi. She just didn't know.
>>
>>54815229
There's probably more crunchy narrativist systems out there, but I prefer streamlined designs so... yeah.

Open rolling isn't a problem in many of these games, because the GM doesn't really make rolls in them anyway.
>>
>>54790130
I barely take any notes while gm-Ă­ng, and this leads to a lot of inconsistencies and forgotten names.
>>
>>54814905
I have the same issue with my misses. Just set up the bord without asking. Have a light dinner that's quick and easy . Once she starts playing game nights will start.
>>
>>54797295
I am exactly like you. I have over 50 chars in Skyrim, with 150h of playtime...

Already got bored of my ranger 3 sessions in but didnt want to let him die, because he was the only dmg Dealer in my group...
>>
>>54797468
Someone get this guy a cold one.
>>
>>54797574
*redies multi-melta*
>>
>>54815331
Meaning there is not a lot of conflict either. Great. Just what I did not need.
>>
>>54812477
And it's nice playing someone who can be credible being a pacifist and/or a diplomat. Every time I tried to play a support character as a male, I was considered a sissy by all major NPCs because med fan doesn't like males being nice with people.
>>
I like wargames, and people who play them near me are kind of faggots, never a house rule, never a proxy like litteral cancer. Heck I was once rejected from gamenight (not official touney) for painting ultramarines black. So now I play FRP games where people don't know the rules best and I make houserule because of course no system i perfect. I do like roleplaying but it seams my hatered for faggots that play wargames here prevents me from having a session without comat, the plyers love combat it is just it feels bad somehow.
>>
>>54815557
>Meaning there is not a lot of conflict either.

Of course there is. I'm not sure what that has to do with who rolls what.

You have very weird assumptions.
>>
>>54815047
That doesn't sound very healthy. I'd have a heart to heart about it.
>>
>>54815984
So there actually are men and women who lie and cheat and steal and try to get the party to leave them alone/exiled so they can continue getting wealthy and powerful, that sort of conflict?
>>
>>54816000
Yes.

In AW that's usually the other party members, actually.
>>
>>54816012
And no die rolling is involved? What's the fun of a game with no social combat, are you daft?
>>
>>54816019
No die rolling involved _by the GM_. Have you not been following the conversation?
>>
>>54816036
Fine, your point. Open rolling is still sub-par to rolling behind the screen/rolling without players knowing the result.
>>
where is the guy who ran the 6 month hatred campaign?
>>
>>54816080
You are free to have that opinion.
>>
>>54816162
If you're of a different opinion, we can agree to disagree.
>>
>>54816173
That was the implication, yes.
>>
From 2010 to 2014, I fucked every girl(6 in total) who joined our DnD group with zero remorse whatsoever. I was absolutely aware that other guys wanted them, in fact I didnt even want to fuck them until I knew someone wanted to instead. I broke up friendships, two full on relationships, one of which was full on, we've been dating since high school and are now gonna marry tier.

I dont really understand how I pull this off, three of them I just "jokingly" sent overly sexual texts(you wanna fuck? Xd) and it worked. Nobody hates me for being a homewrecking asshole and Im pretty sure most of the men in my group hate women just a little bit and I sort of guide them into that way of thinking(yeah i fucked her. She knew you qanted her man, just didnt care. Yeah I know, sluts right).

One of my longtime players brought his 18 year old sister last night and he made it clear she was hands off. People were joking (haha watch out for anon hes a fucking predator) and she added me on facebook an hour ago. Im thinking I might fuck her, but Im wondering if thats wise.
>>
>>54815603

A good GM will run a campaign where every skill set has its day in the sun. I ran a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay campaign in the 90's that my players went into blind.

It was only after rolling up four combat-optimised characters that they discovered the campaign was based on them being hired by 'upper class' to prevent a civil war from utterly destroying the Empire.

Problem was, none of them had courtly manners, or even much of a secular education. Only one of them could read and write, and even that was not at a great level of proficiency.

They would have loved to have had a courtly PC minor noble or educated person instead of the greasy, manipulative, unctuous NPC they eventually were saddled with in order to interface with the nobility.

I guess what I'm saying is that a good GM will give you something other than murder hoboing.

And if anyone in your group has an issue with a character whose skills are social or cultural instead of pure combat, well, that just means your GM isn't fully exploring all the options available in role playing games.
>>
>>54816264
Well is she hot?
>>
>>54816264
m8888
>>
>>54816504
Shes pretty fat. They were all really fat. Im ok with that
>>
>>54813867
It's called World in Flames, by Australian Design Group.
>>
>>54814727
>Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st ed, 1987(?)
>every PC had 1-3 'fate points' that were a get out of jail free for this exact shit
>thirty years later people are still playing RPG's without this mechanic

Do you people also propel your cars by pushing with your feet through the floor, Fred Flintstone style?
>>
>>54816578
This. I encourage my players to play characters that start at average-peasant-tier, but give them a couple of freebies. They're not the protagonists because they're stronger and better than everyone else, they're protagonists because the story favors them.
>>
>>54811443
kys freak
>>
>>54815812
>Rejected for painting marines black
I'm a massive newfag to this but this is allowed right? Far as I can tell you can paint your models whatever you want
>>
>>54790130
I do essentially no prep at all for the games I run.

95% of the games I run are text based, and I often am playing vidya and/or talking to people (who aren't in the game) at the same time as I run it.

I usually run stuff for only 2-3 sessions before I get bored of the subject at hand. I blame this on my players failing to even remotely live up to my expectations but it's also a byproduct of how easy my interests get sidetracked by other stuff.

I really, really fucking hate DnD A LOT and have used ecen slight experience with it to screen potential players from my games.
>>
>>54816964
>I really, really fucking hate DnD A LOT and have used ecen slight experience with it to screen potential players from my games.
B-but, I just play it because I can't find anyone to play anything else, anon.
Seriously, though. I've used a couple dozen systems; what would some experience with DnD matter?
Wait, doesn't that mean you'd screen yourself out, since you obviously have some experience with DnD? No wonder you can't keep shit together.
>>
>>54816676
That's WFRP 1ed in a nutshell. You roll for your characters pre-adventuring job. So if you have a good bunch or players, instead of having Mage, fighter, cleric, thief, you might have a barber, rat catcher, sailor and scribe. All ordinary people who one day said "fuck this, even adventuring and maybe being gutted by an orc would be better than lancing another boil on Herr Blindel's ass".
And it works. The background gives plenty of chances for unexpected skills to be important.

The only thing that makes them special is those fate points and the desire to be more than a grave robber or librarian.
>>
>>54817031
No, if you're diversified I won't pass you up. It's more when someone is like "yeah I haven't played much but I did get a session of Pathfinder/5e" they will be getting a "Sorry the spots have been filled." Worst of all is the gamer who has played many things but still likes DnD, they will get blocked right away.
>>
>>54817063
Don't be this guy
>>
File: IMG_0187.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0187.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>54816962
If you paint Ultramarines anything other than 'strangled smurf blue' you're worse than cannibal hitler.

Paint them lilac and call them the Imperial Nasturtiums while using the Ultramarines rules and nobody rational would give a shit.

Curiously, it's also in bad taste to paint Marines with a WW2 Wehrmacht theme, but nobody complains if you paint them in a scheme that represents a genocidal regime that killed 30+ million.
>>
>>54817267
Is the 40k community really that autistic
>>
File: heroreaction.jpg (87KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
heroreaction.jpg
87KB, 1024x768px
>>54817290
Holy shit do you even have to ask
>>
>>54817314
I always heard it and never believed it because I try not to judge
>>
>>54816546
>Shes pretty fat. They were all really fat

Yah that is why they fucked so easily
>>
>>54802955
Fuckin screencap the page on passive skill usage and paper his car with copies.
>>
>>54816964
>text based
>gm not into the game
>playing other things at the same time

Geez dude. Just don't gm
>>
>>54817562
not him, but
doesn't matter, had sex
>>
File: waiting for OP.gif (321KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
waiting for OP.gif
321KB, 640x360px
I'm a sucker for romance in tabletop games and try to enable or pursue it when possible.
>>
File: 1501080300556.jpg (22KB, 334x218px) Image search: [Google]
1501080300556.jpg
22KB, 334x218px
Whenever my group does something that isn't D&D, I try to be as much of an asshole or willfully ignorant about the system or point out every single flaw the system has and steer our group back to D&D. Works every time. My group has slowly learned to hate new systems.
>>
my characters are all snowflakey as fuck
even if they start generic, their backstories will eventually mutate later on in the game
>>
File: 1404830259436.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1404830259436.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
I failed my group, and I've temporarely lost my confidence at being able to GM.

>Organised a Modern Fantasy police style game with flashback from Vietnam War.
>They loved it.

I organised a one shot in less than one hour : They played spies for a private agency called "The Bureau". After they've made their characters, each one drew a card, representing their allegiance.

-The Ace of Spades was for completely working for the Bureau and knowing there was a mole.
-10 of spades put you in the same basket as the Ace of Spades, minus the knowledge about the mole.
-King of hearts was a double agent from Mossad.
-6 of hearts had the same knowledge as the 6 of hearts.
-Red Joker were a Soviet double agent.

Their mission was to exfiltrate a soviet scientist during a conference about the use of nuclear science in medecine and producing energy, while it was the Cuba missiles Crisis.
The Mossad agents were tasked to exfiltrate to an israeli affiliated warehouse. If they succeeded, they would've win;
The Bureau affiliated needed to exfiltrate to a certain point the scientist.
The Soviet mole had the mission to avoid exfiltration.

They liked the principle, but I failed some points and it killed their fun :
-Ace of spades should had more knowledge about moles/or Mossad looking for the Scientist.
-I should have tell him that he could take players appart ton interogate them.
-DC's where too high (I punished them too much when they tried to bullshit their way, like invocating the use of a cellphone to a South African when cellphones didn't exist).
-I didn't brief them enough, thinking they knew that, in the early 60's, cellphones did not exist.
-I should have brief them more thouroughly on the fact that, during the Cold War, in Berlin, there were a lot of spies.

TL;DR :
I was a pseudo-spy autist with my players and they did not enjoy themselves because I thought they knew certain part of the 60's and the Missile Crisis.
>>
>>54814882
>Could somebody please run Artesia for me? Or Exalted 2.5? Or Scion 1E?
But they're mechanically broken, Anon. That means they literally don't work. You can't play them for any length of time without them breaking down, and because they're built on faulty bases there's no way to repair them.
>>
>>54814882
Alright. This is gonna sound weird, but give Eoris Essence a try. It has some serious mechanical complexity. Its nonstandard fantasy. But the game is pretentious as fuck.
>>
>>54818668
it happens.
>>
>>54815051
Your party sounds like my dream group
>>
>>54816264
>I dont really understand how I pull this off
>>54816546
>Shes pretty fat. They were all really fat.
This is how. Fatties are the epitome of ugly and unappealing, and deep down they know this, but they want to deny it to themselves, so they're intensely thirsty for sexual attention as a form of validation to fight their insecurity and cognitive dissonance.

Also, if a guy had been dating a lardball since high school and was planning to marry her, you seriously did him a favor by thwarting it. Nobody deserves that shit.
>>
>>54816964
Your games fall apart because you are a garbage dm, you put 0 effort into your games and expect something in return, just neck yourself you oxygen bandit.
>>
>>54790566
That's a very good reason, fuck that dude.
>>
>>54818668
S-source?
>>
>>54818668
>They didn't know there were no cellphones in the 60's
The fuck now?
>>
>>54814882
Personally, I lurk because although I've never played TTRPGs, I remember someone posted a story of a live action RPG, in which some guy accidentally fucked up the intentions of the "leader". He and 2 of his friends had joined, and encountered a troll. They are beaten, but one of them manages to take a ring and some gold, which the leader/organizer had intended for someone else, and the guy ends up going to "jail" for this (and some other crap). The rest of the story is basically him, conspiring with the monsters, to kill the leader.

After I read that, I started browsing /tg/ occasionally and have enjoyed reading RPG stories. I'd love to play TTRPGs but I'm kind of worried it'll mostly be autists who ruin any chance of fun. I don't even care if they are legit autists, all of the best friends I've had, had personal/social problems, but if they ruin any chance of fun then theres not much point.

P.S: Anyone have the screencap of the story I'm talking about?
>>
>>54821194
I remember it, it was fun.
>>
File: IMG_0251.jpg (540KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0251.jpg
540KB, 1920x1080px
I hate playing as a player in all pen and paper rpg games because the game master always has no sense of story, only caters to one player and ignores the rest, punishes you for being cleverer than themself, or aims to kill off or foil every plan before it even starts. I hate being a player for every game master but I hate game mastering for the end of time
>>
Me and the DM do 95% of food buying and prep. Everyone else just shows up to eat. DM has stated we have to do it cause the rest of the group has a 30 minute drive. I don't care about the money. It's the sense of entitlement and rare thank yous. The occasional complaints about the free meal, desert and drinks we put out. And sometimes these faggots cancel at the last minute after the food is ready.

only half these fuckers care about the game. The rest want to talk about 40k, movies and anything else.

DM won't kick the dead weight loose. It's his house and the group is mostly his friends.
>>
>>54822239
You could ask them to grab take out
>>
>>54820299
>dm
No, it is you who are garbage. I give people 8-12 hours of free entertainment every week. No one is entitled to my time.
>>
I've never actually played D&D, or even Pathfinder.

I cut my teeth on WoD back in the nineties and never got around to D&D, even though I've played a lot of FATE/storyteller in the last decade
>>
>>54822746
Consider yourself lucky
>>
>>54790130
The second dnd character I ever ran had rape in his backstory - his sister had been raped by town guards who later burned down the farm, killing her, while he was in the city reporting the crime.

In my defense, this was a chaotic good cleric, and it served to separate him from his past as a farmer and spark a mild distrust for law enforcement everywhere, there was no quest for revenge cooked up.
>>
>>54825134
So?
>>
>>54825134
that's not so bad, if a bit grimdark.
>>
>>54818500
I hope someday your group falls apart and you end up in a group with a guy who does this for a system you hate.
>>
File: szTNvQklRcKS9TqavmCF9g.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
szTNvQklRcKS9TqavmCF9g.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>54815051
>>
I want to play as spellcasters in 5e, but they confuse me. I don't understand preparing spells, and I don't like the idea of having material components. 3e confused me as well in this regard. I've tried seeing if there was some kind of video tutorial that actually shows how to play spellcasters but every character is about building them.

I dislike my playgroup. No one wants to try playing a game with any form of seriousness, and no one wants to try something that isn't D&D. I don't mind playing D&D, and I don't mind constantly cracking jokes and stuff, but I don't want to play the same thing all of the time.
>>
>>54816264

You sound like a sociopath. You should fuck her so the other members of your group hit the breaking point and cut ties with you.
>>
>>54799733
I feel you anon. I make women for everything and this is a factor that keeps me from trying harder to loose my /tg/ virginity. If I make a male character it's going to be a fairly generic amoral merc
>>
I've become something of a roleplaying nihilist. I no longer see a reason to give any of my characters personalities, backstories, or real goals. theres no point when a single bad roll will unceremoniously kill you off.
>>
>>54796464
Maybe you could ask the strong player to DAM a game and let you stand in on his character or step in with your own.

If you are inside the party you can often "drag" their actions and temperaments in the direction you want by presenting examples.

Two big examples of this for me have been my last two completed games:

In one group people were very defensive and always got bogged down in combat so I rolled my character as a former light infantry commander with a subconscious deathwish and started pulling them into bold maneuvers, including a suicide mission into an occupied megacity with only our six man group. They quickly learned to take the initiative and the zeal of my character's leadership has rubbed off on those players and influenced the ways their characters play in other games.

The other game, my group abused mechanics and generally didn't take the "role" part in RPG seriously, so the character I took into a game with them was specifically made to reject tropes like "search every room because otherwise you'll miss loot-pacing be damned!" and "orc baby genocide is literally like mowing the lawn" and their roleplaying styles have become more complex since then.
>>
>>54790244
I attempt to get a game together with my friends (at this one friend's insistence) a few times a year, but I don't follow up after they flake because I know I'll be similarly disappointed
>>
>>54826236
Clerics, druids, and paladins are able to prep a certain number of spells every day as discussed in the "spellcasting" section for their class in the PHB. They are able to swap them out over a long rest.

Bards, sorcerers, warlocks, rangers, eldritch knight fighters, and arcane trickster rogues know a certain number of spells from their lists every level and are able to learn 1 more and exchange 1 for a different 1 every level.

Wizards prep their spells as well, but only from the spells that are written down in the spellbook.

For most spells you just need a spellcasting focus—divine for clerics and paladins, druidic for druids and rangers, and arcane for the rest. That let you ignore the material requirements for any spell that doesn't have GP cost or doesn't consume the material component of the spell.

For example, you can cast most wizard spells with an arcane focus, but for Chromatic Orb (50 GP diamond) you need the diamond b/c there's a gold price associated with it.

That help at all?
>>
My dedicated players annoy the shit out of me, but the fun people to play with are flakes
>>
>>54826935
Actually, that does help. Thank you, kind anon.
>>
>>54825538
"Rape in backstory" is apparently a red flag for edginess.
>>
>>54827108
Sure thing. I use dnd-spells.com, go to spells, and apply the class filters to figure out what spells I can learn/prep, and their descriptions. Very hand and very well updated.
>>
>>54797068
are you me?
>>
>>54807149
Bro. You literally explained what he does to yourself.
The only difference between this and that is he stretches probabilities and uses margin of error (the 10%)
He probably wrote his own formulas to check probability on a larger scale to not just figure out the end game, but all most likely outcomes, then he would pick the most likely of those outcomes. It's really not that hard.

What happens if X occurs?
Y, what happens if Y occurs?
Z.
^its this with a large amount of variables and separate branching.
Eventually you'll find the most common outcome, which isn't always just following the highest percentage.
>>
I want to be able to play a hero.
>>
I want to play a fuckin' superhero. I don't care about earning my victory, struggling to succeed, gray morality, or any fucking "realistic" thing like that.
I wanna dive into battle, dice up some goblins, go one-on-one with a dragon and feel like a big man.
>>
>>54790130
I only play a heavily house-ruled 4th edition 40k with my friends from high school, the same friends who I started playing 40k with. I don't understand how this dynamic has not been adopted by everyone. If you are a human being interested in a hobby, you should be able to find like-minded people to play the game the way you want. I don't understand why people give a squirt of piss about new editions, new codexes, and new models. If you don't like that stuff (and it is shit), it is trivial to avoid it and still enjoy your hobby.
>>
I want to find a new group. I have been forever DMed by choice. But I get bored of people easily and I play RPG's online to meet new people. Sadly my group is kind of attached to me by now and I have to play along with them.

Don't get me wrong, they are great roleplayers and are the few that would keep up with my crazy ideas, but I want to meet new people, damnit! At the same timeI'm afraid that the new group wouldn't take to my new ideas.

I also play mostly support charactesr. Tank/healer Paladin, Healer Cleric, Buff Bard. I love these characters, but on the ohter hand it makes me feel like I'll never experience the greatness of tg stories. Furthermore, they can get boring FAST when the DM just assumes you are there to support and even when he gives you chances to RP they are boring. Even when I am the best talker (and often am on of the best) and the highest CHA guy in the group, I never get to use it.

I don't fudge rolls, I just make up the monster's stats on the spot, but am consistant with it. If I write down 30 HP it has 30 HP, no more, no less. If I decide it has +2 to attack and damage, it has that, period. It has screwed a good fight many times, especially during climactic fights. I got better though.

Lastly, I have a collection of PDF's and books I know I will never play because most people aren't interested in them.

>>54790301
Honestly, makes for better games I find. When you prep you are often not flexible enough and there's often buthurt when players inveitably don't go with your plans.

>>54797574
I... do this too, though much more subtly. Had a disappearing brothel wiht a trap tan Sun Elf. Also other less... legal stuff. Furry races are pretty tame all things considered.

>>54797468
Ya know what? You deserve someone. YOu glorious bastard. I will meet you in the gaming Valhalla.

>>54816127
Which one? There's a lot of them here. Need more details, as it might have just been me.

>>54821194
Have iz saved on my story folder.
>>
>>54790130
I'm the reason we will never finish our campaign. We didn't play for a few weeks due to understandable obligations, and now I just can't drag myself back into the chat to finish. The campaign is almost over, but our DM is shit and everything is boring.

Last week I thought we were taking the week off, so I never got on Discord. I get on today and there's messages bitching about how I didn't show up. Nobody texted me or anything, they just circlejerked on Discord about me not showing. Now I'm never logging on on game night again just to spite them.

The best part is that I know we'll all be on simultaneously other times in the future, but nobody but me has EVER prompted playing our tabletop game. Usually because the DM is a literal piece of trash who cut a session mid dungeon because he didn't have the rest of the rooms made. Not that there's anything in the rooms, we literally spend HOURS walking through EMPTY ROOMS. We're perceiving and looking around, but everything is just empty rooms until we find the one room with the maguffin on a pedestal, grab it, and leave without incident.

We wanted something to happen. We wanted closure for our characters. But I'm not sitting through anymore of this nightmarishly boring shit.
>>
>>54815100
Hello, me.
>>
>>54813739
My dad grew up on a horse farm and I can assure he knows you can't give dogs beer or chocolate.

This ain't like flyin' through hyperspace, sleazebaggio.
>>
>>54790130
I am completely unable to do evil acts, either it's played as a complete joke or it won't happend
>>
>>54828548
A hero, like someone who is good, virtuous, and brave at heart? How could you? Why, even the thought appalls me!
>>
>>54791587
I also do this, although it's because when I first started playing I played as a Cleric but I was not informed I was a performed caster. I was just given a list of spells and told to have at it. It's now become a force of habit.
>>
>>54811268
Thats not really a fair comparison, those "puppets" have full agency and will of their own, the GM is just tipping the scales of fate and weaving an interactive story
>>
I took a break from playing tabletop hilarity for like 3 years, when a friend of mine hit me up with a "Hey I'm DMing a D&D game and you're the most experienced person I know, could you join and help out the 3 newfags I've got joining?"

I agreed and it quickly turned out to be some furry spaceage post-humanity game. I pretty much was ready to bail but I stuck it out for my friend and it was some of the most fun I've had ever in terms of roleplaying.
>>
>>54822647
Wow, you are possibly beyond repair. The whole point of the hobby is to have fun, not to consider it a chore. And your grace isn't really giving people the amazing gift of free fun , you are just wasting people's time. Stop wasting people's time and get help with your goldfish attention span.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.