[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Army advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

So I will keep this fairly short, with the arrival of 8th ed I want to get back into 40k and I used to run a Sisters army way back in the day with my (ironically) sister. I still have the sister minis but they need some allies to punch them up a bit (back in the day we used a few Imp Guard troops that are now long gone) so when I saw the "Talons of the emperor" I was thinking that was perfect but some reading up on them seems to reveal massive issues from the Custodes and the SoS being unusable in tourneys, having fucked point costs, and even having no fluff reasons to exist. So with this new info is the talons set even worth the cost and I mean should I just pick a better ally like the Grey knights or Imp guard again?
>>
going to only bump this a few times
>>
>>54787876
Do you want to win tournements? The set cheaper than buying the miniatures seperatelly, but they aren't the best competitively.

Unlike what you are saying, they do have a fluff reason to exist; They guarded the imperial palace for about 10.000 years till Papa Smurf told them to stop being useless and start killing heretics and Xenos.
>>
oh no doubt the set is cheaper that's what attracted my attention to it, while I couldn't give two craps about tourneys there were several larger blogs that made them sound like they were a army riddled with issues so being so being somewhat new again I just wanted to get some actual players perspectives.
>>
So a while back I bought like 40ish unassembled marines from a guy for super cheap, and with the new edition I was curious what else I'd need to have an ok army. The marines appear to be from the early nineties and are just stock generic marines with a few beaky heads mixed in.
>>
>>54788685
I don't know how they are in regards to points value/damage output ratio, but the changes to how transports work have dramatically improved the Talon units from how they performed in 7th edition.
>>
>>54789189
I ended up buying the set ten mins ago from a seller for $99 with free (but slow) shipping, that was a lot cheaper than the other sites and its a very good value I was just leery at first because there was a bunch of shit talk about the talons but I will chalk it up to players getting triggered over nothing.
>>
>>54788685
Mathematically a squad of custodian guard will defeat a bloodthirster (and a lot more scary stuff) in CC, tanks are very resilient this edition (Landraider is T8 with a 2+ save, 16 wounds and a 5+ invul). Sisters of silence seem situational, but against psyker heavy armies they are defentelly worthwhile.
>>
>>54789430
It's hard. I go wrong with 10 flamers, really. Don't discount bolter SoS either. They can snipe character psykers.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.