[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Ballad of Duster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Duster.png (244KB, 616x475px) Image search: [Google]
Duster.png
244KB, 616x475px
> Playing in a spelljammer inspired homebrew setting using D&D 5e rules
> the earth exists in this setting and the drow are essentially space nazis who rule the galaxy
> beyond that, couldn't tell you much about the resto fthe setting, but it's not important
> Party consists of:
> Thokk, the Half Orc Fighter
> Gnome Druid (whose name I can't remember)
> Brother Seamus, the Mul (half human half dwarf) four elements monk
> and my character: Duster Eisenfaust, the dwarf barbarian/fighter with a shotgun.
> he spent around 50 years before the campaign stuck alone in a spaceship with nothing but a archive of 80's and 90's action movies
> basically obsessed with being as badass as is physically possible
> also accidentally became a stoner and is probably clinically depressed, but both of those are separate stories
> the campaign was pretty good, especially considering that it was the GM's first time running a campaign
> the most interesting thing happened at the very end of the campaign
> we had tracked down the location of the emperor of the evil drow nazi space empire
> the campaign was going to end due to most of the players leaving for school and we decided to end the campaign with a bang
> so we decided to jump our characters straight from level 6 to level 20
> We followed the evil emperor to the pyramids in real world Egypt where he had created a portal to the center of the galaxy
> Duster proceeded to jump into the portal with the rest of the party folowing behind
> We ended up on a platform magically suspended above a supermassive black hole
> the evil space nazi emperor begins to give his big villain speech
> Duster has none of that and blasts him with his shotgun
> the emperor is understandably pissed and proceeds to freeze time and drop a steamroller on Duster
> GM is a huge JJBA fan
> space emperor is literally just DIO

Continued
>>
> the emperor focuses all his efforts on Duster, repeatedly freezing time and unloading all he can onto Duster
> Unfortunately for the emperor, I had built Duster to be as difficult to kill as possible
> high AC, tough feat, levels in barbarian, and a fighter ability that gave him regen when below half health
> the emperor literally never attacks anyone but Duster, but he still survives
> we go through several rounds loading shotgun round after shotgun round into the emperor, but he seemed to be largely unaffected
> GM explains how the emperor had traveled here to attain godhood and that he was effectively immortal
>well that sucks
> we come to the conclusion that the only way to kill the emperor was to shove him off the platform into the black hole
> Duster ran up to the emperor and proceeded to kick him back, slowly edging him back toward the edge
> Duster ends his turn standing in front of the emperor who is literally teetering on the edge of the platform
> Druid's up next
> she has the gust of wind spell, which pushes creatures in its area
> the emperor would be knocked into the void, but so would Duster
> Duster tells the druid to do it
> he knows that today is his day to die
> Druid casts the spell, Duster voluntarily fails his save and flies into the emperor
> he somehow makes his save, despite having disadvantage from having a 200 pound dwarf slamming into him
> Duster grapples the emperor, attempting to wrestle him him off the edge, but the emperor resists
> up comes Bother Seamus the Monk's turn
> he has an ability that can push at range, which he refluffed into the Kamahameha from DBZ
> he also hesitates: Duster is still grappling the emperor

Continued
>>
>Duster shouts at the monk
> "Do it, Send both of us to the void"
> monk launches the kamehameha
> the emperor crit fails his save
> both he and Duster and knocked off the platform
> Duster rides the emperor Dr. Strangelove style into the black hole
> the remaining party takes one final bong hit in Duster's memory

And that was the best way the campaign could have ended
>>
>>54771059
>>54771090
>>54771114

Sounds like fun, was this your first campaign?
>>
>>54773258
Nah, though it was the first time I had played a character in a while. I'm almost always the GM.
>>
Weaponized Cancer: The Thread
>>
>>54773945
Well fuck you too, buddy
>>
>>54773945
Whine more. I enjoyed it.
>>
Duster has to come back as a villain.
>>
>>54771114
>And that was the best way the campaign could have ended

this part is not as good as the rest
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.