[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kamigakari Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: 1484502433932.jpg (126KB, 518x750px) Image search: [Google]
1484502433932.jpg
126KB, 518x750px
The Resurgence!

Its been some time since the last one. Has anyone discovered anything interesting? Has Kamigakari anon got news on the new PDF? Does anyone have any neat stories about their players or campaigns shenanigans? Find out this time in Kamigakari thread!

Baseline stuff
http://www.mediafire.com/file/183vmgy8b3w1uj3/Kamigakari.rar

Expansions and errata
http://pastebin.com/u/RoyalTeaRed

Google Docs Character sheet (for if you play online)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xY5uiJleOpnlh93SGLq2_iKteOFZnlMH1X-MtEDsWsw/edit#gid=0

Mononoke homebrew Guide, FAQ, And quick rules cheatsheet
https://pastebin.com/u/HomebrewAnon
>>
File: 1494961741139.jpg (471KB, 1050x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494961741139.jpg
471KB, 1050x900px
>>54768249
Anyways, my bad for missing last week and yesterday. I try to put these up every monday, but i ended up moving last week and forgot yesterday was monday.

But it is here now! Hopefully with news.
>>
File: 1495575638602.jpg (2MB, 1666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495575638602.jpg
2MB, 1666x1000px
>>54768264
So does anyone have any interesting stories? made any interesting mononoke? Anything of the sort?
>>
File: 1494960325877.jpg (529KB, 495x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1494960325877.jpg
529KB, 495x1000px
>>54768278
Or is there something in the rules you don't really understand? Or that seems somewhat contradictory?

Rule discrepancies and power level arguments seem to be the bulk of conversation in this thread, which is sad, but something i hope gets fixed once we get momentum and more people play it.
>>
File: 1497143120826.jpg (61KB, 580x640px) Image search: [Google]
1497143120826.jpg
61KB, 580x640px
>>54768278
On the Topic of interesting mononoke, i'm planning on eventually starting up a God eater styled campaign, since its got a wide open world, a variety of weapons and excuses for more of them, and tons of reasons to pit players against strange enemies.

GE and monster hunter are two of the best things for this system, if you can math out the monsters. At least in my opinion.
>>
File: 1500951002152.png (7MB, 1742x2450px) Image search: [Google]
1500951002152.png
7MB, 1742x2450px
>>54768342
So i'll likely make at least a few aragami as mononoke in this thread, if only to keep things fresh.
>>
Haven't done much with it besides getting through the intros for the second sample episode. Players are cool with it so far.
>>
File: 1496817939621.jpg (62KB, 542x745px) Image search: [Google]
1496817939621.jpg
62KB, 542x745px
>>54769367
Thats pretty neat. Did your players do anything interesting?
>>
>>54769506
Not really, they just went through it as it was supposed to be ran through.
>>
>>54769534
They didn't try to do any big anime shenanigans? No trying to fluff anything as something cool?

Not even clever use of a talent?
>>
>>54769596
Nope. It was just follow the thing straight through. Then again, it's when the intros end and the actual story starts that stuff starts flying off, so who knows.

And after the 2nd sample episode...it's time to plan on what to do after that.
>>
>>54769668
Thats fair, i guess. I suppose we'll have to wait and see how things go after the intro then.

Hopefully your players do some interesting stuff.
>>
>>54768249
Y'know, i really thought about makin a DBZ reference on that opening phrase there.

But i didn't want it to be obvious and say "Find out this time/next time on XXXX".

Woulda been way to obvious
>>
>>54768301
>Or is there something in the rules you don't really understand?
Can you clarify the difference between Arimitama and Bosses with regards to template stacking? Should I apply both at once if relevant, or just use the boss one?
On a semi-related note, any suggestions for a first-time GM of the system?
I'm going into a game of this in a week or so, and I know none of my players are good at optimization, so how balanced are the out of the book mononoke? Is there any restriction on the attacks they use that aren't Timing:Unique, since some mononoke have multiple attacks, some of which are objectively better than others?
>>
File: 1498460318715.jpg (274KB, 748x800px) Image search: [Google]
1498460318715.jpg
274KB, 748x800px
>>54774067
Generally speaking, so far as aramitama and bosses go, yes. In general, there's no issue with stacking the two if relevant. There are a couple talents it warns you about using if you stack both, but otherwise there's no issue with using a boss aramitama. In fact, its encouraged, especially if your group needs a challenge.

The out of the book mononoke are all fairly balanced. I went through most of their stats up to level 5, and it all checks out. There's a few outliers here and there, but nothing that should be a real issue.

So far as restrictions go, mononoke are only restricted in their actions by 2 things. The amount of timings, and the amount of talents they have. Generally speaking, most aramitama have 1 attack timing. So they will use their most powerful ability the most often. If they get a second attack timing, most of its talents are once per round which may force them to make a weapon attack. So far as roleplay goes though, don't be afraid to take the lesser option if it might be more interesting.

So far as general tips go, i have two. Make sure you have a clear understanding of crits and influencing, and remember that rule of cool is king. If your players can fluff something a certain way and still be feasible, let them. talents, items, whatever. If they want to combine the effects of a couple talents (An attack and unique as an example) and fluff it as a singular ability, let them. Players eat it up when they can make up shit. For example, secrets of the destroyer, 99 regalia, and a pair of guards could be jojo or fist of the north star style shit. just make sure they can mechanically back up the bullshit they spew.
>>
>>54774280
I should mention, not all mononoke talents are 1/round. Some are 1/combat, and a rare few have no limit besides having the timing at all. Make sure you are aware of these limits.
>>
>>54776938
These are indicated when they're the case, right? Ones that simply say "attack" in their timing can be used anytime the user has an attack timing, and the "unique" ones are 1/round unless specified, though, right?

Another question, how well does this system run with two players? Will I need some sort of NPC in combat to balance it out properly? Is a healing-type style manditory?
>>
>>54777009
A healing style is not by any means mandatory. For that matter, a support type style at all is not mandatory. Parties of full attackers can be completely legit, if they can nuke something down well enough.

So far as 2 players, it may get a bit rough. I would have a support type help, so as not to steal the show. Change it up from episode to episode, see how they react to different "Helpers". I've seen a party of 3 do better than a party of five, so its largely based on your players abilities. Have something ready to help, if it seems necessary.

So far as what a talents limit is, most attack talents have a limit of 1/round, so the enemy doesn't endlessly spam them. This can be read at the end of the description for an attack.

As an example:
>«Elemental Attack I» : Physical Attack / Engaged / 1#
>- [Element: Fire / Form: Hammer] 2d6+16 physical damage to the target, 1/Round.

However, a weapon attack has no limits. So in all, yes, it will say what the limits are right at the end, with the exception of weapon attacks, which are basically default melee. Unique are automatically 1/round, and you get 1 defense timing for every attack made against you, or an ally if applicable.
>>
>>54777562
Man, i need to proofread my advice better. None of it's wrong per se, but it comes off as a stream of consciousness that i didn't properly proofread.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.