[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 46

File: 1494386724987.jpg (844KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1494386724987.jpg
844KB, 1280x800px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to RenrakuNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>54729325
>Romo-Arkoblock_Lageplan.zdf
>Arcology_Automatization__How_far_is_too_far.trid
>Submerged_Cities__Away_from_danger_or_right_in_it.sim
>Arcology_excursions__For_information_ask_within.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, have you heard about these noveau-rich arcologies? These fat cats are so reliant on others to perpetuate their current existence that you can easily sneak in. And since they don't care about the personnel you can do whatever you want there.'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Rapture.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Arcology edition
Have you been in one?
Do you come from one?
Hat euch der Arkologiekoller ergriffen?
>>
>>54767246
I'm just starting out, been reading the core rulebook over the course of the last few nights. How important is it to have multiple fake SINs and other such identifiers? Also, if I use priority gen and make a mage, is it pretty much impossible to be effective with only a D in magic? I was looking for someone who -could- use magic, but was much better at normal, physical combat and skills (Perhaps someone who awakened late in life and doesn't really have a grasp on magic beyond a few basic things).

Also, what advantages do aspected magicians have over true mages? I haven't quite got to the magic section yet, but are they worth creating at all?
>>
File: 901935-product-silo.png (787KB, 480x1072px) Image search: [Google]
901935-product-silo.png
787KB, 480x1072px
How much chrome is too much?
>>
>>54767389
When you die of chrome overload. That's too much
>>
>>54767345
>How important is it to have multiple fake SINs and other such identifiers?
Depends on the playstyle of the GM.
In a black trenchcoat game you better have a few R4 SINs to cycle through, along with necessary licenses. In a more pink mohawk game you should be fine with just one R4 SIN
>if I use priority gen and make a mage, is it pretty much impossible to be effective with only a D in magic?
unless you are playing a troll, sure. Remember that special attribute points can be used on Edge and Magic
>I was looking for someone who -could- use magic, but was much better at normal, physical combat and skills (Perhaps someone who awakened late in life and doesn't really have a grasp on magic beyond a few basic things).
MysAd? You can take adept powers and a few spells.
>what advantages do aspected magicians have over true mages? I haven't quite got to the magic section yet, but are they worth creating at all?
they are inferior to full mages. The only advantage they have is that they cost less Karma.
They are worth it if you take Aspected Summoner or Aspected Spellcaster

>>54767389
Without being allowed to play a cyberzombie: 6 Essence worth
With being allowed: 12 Essence worth
>>
File: GW200H200.jpg (15KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
GW200H200.jpg
15KB, 200x200px
>>54767491
>They are worth it if you take Aspected Summoner or Aspected Spellcaster

to be fair, they also can make decent alchemists by the way how alchemy drain works. overcast as hard as you can
Could work on some support style of runner, maybe with a logic tradition and some tech skills. Be some sort of magic "Q"
>>
>>54768571
>they also can make decent alchemists
Chummer, nobody can make a decent alchemist, aspected or not, given that alchemy is FUCKED
you are spending a lot of dice to be able to spend a lot less dice later
>>
>>54768589
Omae, I'm playing as a mage who also has some alchemy skill and me and my group is having a blast with it. Also i have spells too, which helps my character alot.

But some of your argument holds true. Alchemy preperations are ALWAYS weaker than a spell directly cast by another mage. But there are some instances where a preperation can save your day.
Some of my workhorse are Heal, since the other party member can carry it around with them while I'm not there.
Increase reflexes, always fun and even small buffs go a long way.
Fireball, since you can cheese the force of the spell out you will end up with small area high powered pockets of death.
Sense magic. a real help for our street sam and B&e expert.
Sense life: see above.

In general you will want to use spells which either just work, like sense life, spells which are not resisted, like heal or spells which depend on their force, like fireball.

preperation is the key here. Do some decent legwork and plan the whole thing out, also get creaative with the objetcts you use as preperation; flyspies with "Thorn" from FA are alot of fun as fight starter. Prepare the stuff 2-3 hours ahead and sleep the drain off so you can be usefull in the field ans support your team with spells.
>>
>>54768724
>Heal, since the other party member can carry it around with them while I'm not there.
chummer, you do know that you must be there to use them?
>Command: The preparation is triggered by you. You
>must be on the physical plane (or manifest if you’re as-
>trally projecting), have line of sight to the preparation
>(as defined for Spellcasting, p. 281), and take a Simple
>Action to trigger the preparation. You have some con-
>trol over the preparation’s target with this trigger. This
>trigger adds +2 Drain to the creation of the preparation.
>Command triggers are the only triggers preparation with
>healing spells can have.
>>
I'm reading about Troll Republic Black-Forest and I'm super pissed that Freiburg is the capital and not Villingen-Schwenningen. I live here, Freiburg is not even part of the black forest. This is bullshit. This book is bullshit. Fuck these Books, fuck CGL, I will write down 97 reasons why
>>
>>54768953
Not that anon, but that's less of a hurdle than you might think. So long as you can draw LOS, you just shout out, "I've fallen and I can't get up!"

>>54769015
The Black Forest is a lot bigger now because magic, and the Troll Republic doesn't conform exactly to the dimensions of the forest. Also Freiburg was too good a name to pass up.
>>
>>54769015
They also confused Bavaria with BaWü somewhere in there.
>>
>>54769033
I'm okay with the troll republic swallowing freiburg and the breisgau region, maybe even making freiburg the capital... but that VILLINGEN, THE ACTUAL HONEST TO GOD CAPITAL OF THE BLACK FOREST REGION is NOT part of the Troll Republic Black Forest is just fucking bullshit.
I'm fucking mad
>>
>>54769033
>So long as you can draw LOS, you just shout out, "I've fallen and I can't get up!"
Maybe your definition is different, but I'd not call that
>>54768724
>while I'm not there.
For me that would be in another room, which is usually not LOS

>captcha: keep clear point
captcha, I'm expressing my point as clear as I can.
>>
As a mage, can I still have other skills or am I fragged if I don't hyperspecialize? Can I have some running and gymnastics, some blades and pistols, some negotiation and palming? Basically I want to be less-competent Cpt. Malcolm Reynolds with some shamanism.
>>
>>54769335
You not just can, you'd fucking better. A mage should still be able to contribute to the team even when they're not casting spells.
>>
>>54769335
>Can I have some running and gymnastics, some blades and pistols, some negotiation and palming?
Anon, you not only can, but YOU SHOULD

>running and gymnastics
while the Movement Power and the Levitation Spell might really help with moving yourself you may be in a situation where that is not available

>blades and pistols
Chummer, have you ever heard of the phrase 'Geek the Mage'? Enemy number one is the mage and how do mages usually look? Scrawny, hiding, no weapons.
Get yourself a gun or machine pistol, preferably with FA so you can lay down suppressive fire and not be target number one.

>negotiation and palming
good idea, though usually not as important for mages

Skills everybody should have at least a point in:
Etiquette, Sneaking/Infiltration, a melee skill, a ranged skill (preferably Automatics), Palming, Perception
You don't have to be perfect in them, but you should be well enough in them that you are not a hindrance to the team
>>
>>54769384
>>54769473
Awesome. Awesomeawesomeawesome.

So I'm trying to figure out this Drain business. I get the concept, more or less, that the higher the spell force the higher the chance of taking stun damage, but in application how handicapping is this mechanic?
>>
>>54769473
>a melee skill
When in doubt, always Unarmed with a specialty in Disarms. Whether you're using shock gloves, cyberweapons, or just trying to yank a gun out of someone's hands, Unarmed is the melee skill for people who only want it as an emergency fallback, rather than being a 'melee guy.'

>>54769916
In practice, it's a hard limit on how many times you can cast spells/how powerful of spells you can cast before you start eating severe penalties and risk getting knocked out. It's what forces mages to be strategic and make every spell count instead of just spamming.
>>
>>54768953
Omae, you ever heard of contact triggers ?
Just write, paint rivet that spell on any paper, leather or whaterver stuff your tradition has an hard on over and put that in an troll sized alchemist glove. Now your mundane friends only need to touch them.
>>
>>54769110
Seriously has nobody ever heard of contact triggers, or are they a part of the superior german rulest ?

Put that shit on yo sammys katana, on your gun bunnys crossbow bolts, on fucking ductape and put it in a special notebook.

As soon as any aura comes into contact with it they trigger and boom goes the suprise.
>>
>>54770296
Health spells can only use command triggers
>>
>>54770333
well fuck me, yer right.

Well, nothing stopping me from astral projectng and trigger them from there.

Detect magic, sense life, fireball, thorn are still pretty great spells as alchemy preperation.
>>
>>54770328
Contact triggers are shit unless you're holding them with those special gloves. Too easy to set off accidentally.

The triggers from SG are better
>>
>>54770486
Maybe it's just you who lacks imagination for using them to their full potential ?
>>
>>54770443
>Well, nothing stopping me from astral projectng and trigger them from there.
Except for the fact that you'd have to be told that they are wounded, astrally project (i.e. turn limp), fly to them, manifest and then say the word.
And in the time that you have done so they pulled out the medkit and treated him
>>
>>54770577
What is a biomonitor ?
What is constant radio communication with your team ?
What is mapping out the building beforehand ?
What is astral scouting ?

Shit omae, thinking you can just whip out an medikit during a firefight and doing minutes of first aid instead of having your astrals scouting mage along with you or on the phone to bring you back into the fight in maybe 1-2 initative phases.

Shit taste, stay salty chummer

Alchemy is bad has become a fuckign meme at this point, only because people think that it should be compared to active spells, which is comparing appels to eggs.
>>
>>54770577
>not having the team on biomonitors

You can be the Magic Medicine Ghost at the drop of a hat. If they have a medkit and the ability to use it, they should be doing that anyways, because that needs to happen before Heal
>>
Reposting from last thread

I want to make a orc phys ad, focused on punching & being awesome (total pink mohawk)

His name is Azura Oni, & he wants to fight shit & make himself a legend

I was thinking of taking the berserker mentor spirit & the spirit mask ability from Forbidden Arcana. I plan on getting the best Reflexes, berserk, killer hands & combat sense. Is tnis a good build? What else should i take? What might i need to change?

Would going Oni over Orc be better?
>>
>>54771000
That sound like an mechanical sound concept but it's mostly a rough sketch.

Those adept powers are fine, berserk is a suboptimal but very fluffy, maybe adrenaline rush is more up your alley ?

Initiative is a god stat and the more the better, ALWAYS. For that you want to have good reaction and intuition. at leats three in each, 4 in each would be good.
>Would going Oni over Orc be better?
strictly speaking: no. it's mostly a sidegrade, Ork punches harder, oni hit's more often and talks better.

Some skills to consider: 3-4 dice in computer, you can now assis your groups matrix dude, instead of sitting around and wondering if the pizza arrives soon, can google shit yourself (like a city map) and put some ARO's into your friends AR vision.

Perception: 6-8 dice, makes the difference between noticing some clumsy Ganger behind you and a shiv in your back. Since you are an adept you might want to consider danger sense if you got a good perception.

Con: 3-4 dice so you can assist your face, got something to do while social stuff happens and can lie your way out of a paper bag.

Some skill for your characters expression is always fun. 6-10 dice in an Art or perform skill can really help to flesh out your character and can be a goof way to justify taking the quality perfect time. That'll let you move and target your enemies kneecaps, arms, eyes while punching, istead of generic attack (since you used your simple action for moving)
>>
>>54771000
Go Ogre, Practice fat-fu.
>>
>>54770672
First of all, First Aid only requires 1 Combat Turn per health box you're restoring, not entire minutes. The time taken to project, fly to them, manifest, and say the command word will take longer than your average First Aid test and restore less health.

Second of all, you can do First Aid before magical healing, but not after it, so you should always start with First Aid and only use Heal to finalize it.

And third of all, any runner without a FAK built into their armor hooked up and running on autopilot is a retard who deserves to die.

Alchemy is bad because it has an opportunity cost taking resources away from actually-good things, and people have to jump through hoops trying to justify bullshit niche situations where it would be even slightly useful - and even then it's less useful than the alternatives.

It's bad because it takes time and points away from the things that are good, and it's useless to the point of being borderline-unusable even in the niches where it supposedly serves a function.
>>
There's only one thing that Alchemy needs to be viable.

Binding.

If you could spend some extra reagents and make a second roll to Bind a preparation like a summoned spirit, they would become useful and usable.

You'd spend the Reagents, roll the relevant skill (I'm thinking Artificing) against some factor of the preparation's potency and force, and then your net successes would be added to its remaining Potency while its decay is indefinitely halted.

You could have a number of bound preparations equal to, say, your Logic score - the same way you can have up to Charisma spirits bound at one time, but only one unbound.

And just like that, preparations - you know, the things that are supposed to be planned, prepared, and available to deploy at the right time - are viable, and aspected artificers start to have a niche worth playing.
>>
Youse guys/Y'all ever feature Jackpointers in your games?
>>
File: 1465473822930.gif (38KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1465473822930.gif
38KB, 640x400px
>>
>>54773532

No. I don't like the idea of company-approved self-insert characters. The only reason I'd include them is so that they get killed.

Fuck you, Bull.
>>
>>54773532
I mean Jackpoint to me just seems like a "League of elitist superheroes", so no not really. To me Jackpoint is just one of many VPNs for Shadowrunners.
>>
>>54774710
What's wrong with Bull? I'm just beginning to familiarize myself with them, so that's not a leading question. So far some seem cool, a lot seem like they would be cool with better writing, but maybe they don't exist outside of how they're written.
>>54774948
Any other "famous" (featured) VPNs of note? I only know of the few listed in Street Grimoire so far.
>>
>>54773532
I might feature Netcat & Slamm-O wih their kid just enjoying a park or something.
>>
>>54775524
Well with mages I'd more assume that a lot of their dealings are done on the astral plane. I mean sending messages can be done easily with Watcher Spirits and you can have meeting places that exist soley on the astral plane.

The idea that the best mages of the world would be hanging around a VPN for top notch hackers seem kinda strange to me.

But for more VPNs like Jackpoint I'll just say make them up yourself. Jackpoint being somehow unique, aside from the fact that it was created by FastJack (who has definately earned his legendary status), is hard to believe.
>>
Jackpoint would be better if it was just a bunch of anons, like 4chan.
>>
>>54774710
What would be the best way to kill off 2XL? Murdered by trogs?
>>
>>54775524

He's a special snowflake that went so far as to turn one of the things that makes him special into a 10-karma quality that actually penalizes all other orks/trolls by merely existing, so he gave that to us.
>>
>>54775943
>a VPN for top notch hackers
Isn't JackPoint invite-only? It's not like you have to hack your way in. P sure Jack would Hammer the shit out of anyone he didn't want there, decker or not.
>>
>>54776000
Any excuse.
>>
File: No_fun_allowed.jpg (58KB, 401x479px) Image search: [Google]
No_fun_allowed.jpg
58KB, 401x479px
>>54772804
Nigga, a combat turn is an ass long time in shadowrun combat, by the time a combat turn is over your average sammy has killed two people.

Someone who doen't see the value in mundane using magic should try it out (or maybe the german ruleset is less retardet about alchemy, it's possible that CGL was retardet again)

I fail to see how triggering multiple spells per initative pass, without the need to sustain them and all that for free, could be possible be a bad thing.

then again you are comparing apples to eggs, you probably think that i just should keep summoning spirits to do my job and hate fun.

>costst to many resources
Omae i have more points in my "Art: painting" skill than i have in my alchemy, and since (german at leat) alchemy let's me overcast like a madman that's also viable, again, not as strong as spells cast directly and only some spells work for alchemy, but then again, apples and eggs.
>>
>>54776132
At leat we can take some bliss in the fact that he has stats now, so we can kill him.
>>
File: g-host-lee-zhanshen-small.jpg (419KB, 1279x1920px) Image search: [Google]
g-host-lee-zhanshen-small.jpg
419KB, 1279x1920px
Does Shadowrun have any stats for pedal-operated vehicles? Bicycles, for example. You'd think that in a setting where people can have tricked-out cyberlegs with poorfag Lifestyles, bicycles would be a big thing.
>>
>>54778109
Well we DO have stats for skates in CF. I would imagen that those come pretty close, talk with your GM about adjustment of the movement modifiers or using the stats for skimmers.

tl;dr No, but for something similar.
>>
>>54778291
Aren't those implant-only? Also, a 50% or even 100% increase of your movement speed is still pretty slow compared to a bicycle.
>>
File: Rules As Written.gif (2MB, 339x336px) Image search: [Google]
Rules As Written.gif
2MB, 339x336px
>>54778071
If the mage isn't physically present, it will take multiple combat turns for him to get into a position where he can activate the preparation.

And if he is physically present, it'll be more effective to cast the healing spell himself anyway.

In both cases, First Aid should be the first action taken, with magical healing being more of an after-battle topping off of what was missed, because magical healing makes you unable to receive further First Aid, while the reverse is not true.

You really have to stretch to find a situation in which Alchemy is at-all-useful, and even in those extremely niche situations, it's still less useful than alternatives because of how crazy weak the spells inevitably end up being.

Now, I don't know about the German rules. Maybe they're different from the English ones - it wouldn't surprise me. The German rules are usually better.

But what we're talking about here are the English rules, because that's the baseline on this prominently-English-speaking Chinese scrimshaw board.

If you aren't talking about those, you're going to need to explain where and how the German ones differ before anyone thinks you're anything other than some retard who's never read a rulebook.
>>
>>54778317
Running faster has Skates you can buy, but without stats.

100 nuyen a pair. (i think)
>>
File: turbokid.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
turbokid.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>54778109
Like this right? Reminds me that I wanted everyone in the barrens to use bikes for my street scum game at first.
>>
>>54778441
Can't find the rule that health spells are command only in the second printing of the CRB nor in the german rules. Mind to tell me on which page it is ?
>>
>>54778625
see
>>54768953
CRB, chapter on enchanting. In the past describing triggers
>>
Does Broadway still exist in Shadowrun? Considering having my players interact with "Shadowrun! The Musical".
>>
>>54778898
>Befehl: Der Verzauberer löst die Wirkung selbst aus.
>Dazu muss er sich auf der physischen Ebene befinden
>(oder sich zumindest manifestieren, wenn er gerade astral projiziert).
>Das Erzeugnis muss sich in seinem Blickfeld (wie bei der
>Spruchzauberei, S. 279) befinden, und er muss eine
>Einfache Handlung aufwenden, um das Erzeugnis auszulösen.
>Mit diesem Auslöser hat er ein gewisses Maß an Kontrolle, was
>das Ziel des Erzeugnisses angeht. Dieser Auslöser erhöht den
>Entzug bei der Herstellung um 2.

none of that "heal spells can only have command trigger" stuff in the german version.

I'm just going to tape preperations on my teams weapon grips,
prepare tape with fireball force 8 (and put it on drones, doorknobs and similar stuff),
all while beign usefull, not having to sustain spells, keep my mind free for spellcastig and my body free from drain.
>>
>>54780176
I've never seen it mentioned by I don't see why it couldn't be a niche/local thing.
>>
>>54780176
Theater District
This section runs South from West 53rd Street to West
43rd. The Eastern boundary is formed by Sixth Avenue, and
Eighth Avenue to the West. First run theatres line Broadway—
the famous “Great White Way,” so named for the theatre marquees’
dazzling nightly light and AR displays. Horizon has
gained ownership of several theatres and has been working
to incorporate some of their new media techniques into the
theater scene from emotive tracks for musicals to re-releases
of shows with live simsense feeds. Primarily hosted to cater
to the local population, the theatres work with their global
media partners to draw in guest actors and entice tourists.

That's from Manhattan - The Rotten Apple, from Shadowrun Missions Season 3 for 4e.
>>
File: 1469875547240.jpg (898KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1469875547240.jpg
898KB, 1400x1050px
>>54775943
VPNs aren't just for hackers. It's canon that there are numerous shadowsites for just about any interest group, including mages. It's a lot safer and easier to log into Magicknet and get to the underbelly than it is to risk sending your astral form halfway around the world to try and meet with a bunch of other astrally projecting mages.

The astral plane is actually pretty shitty for two people to meet, because there's a lot of inherent dangers in it's use, and it's hard to secure (people might notice a bunch of spirits hanging around a deserted warehouse). It would need to be a very important meeting between two people who know and trust each other, which is not what VPNs are for.

>>54776216
Yes, invite-only. It's a clearing-house for top-tier runners to trade tips and info, as well as network. Anyone who runs the shadows can get an invite. No word on how beings like Hestaby and Ehran got in, but presumably they piggybacked over from Shadowlands and FastJack wasn't dumb enough to say no.
>>
>>54780429
>No word on how beings like Hestaby and Ehran got in
Well if the /srg/ memes are anything to go by it's because he has a long term plan to bang the dragon
>>
>>54780192
Continue to enjoy your superior German rules as usual, Chummer.
>>
>>54781140
I hope that one day they will be translated, so everybody can enjoy superior german craftmanship again.
also enjoy Shadowrun and won't have to suffer CGL any longer
>>
Are there any rules for playing ghouls in 5e? I know there's some data for them in 4e's runner companion, but I was hoping someone ported some rules over for the newer edition.
>>
File: Ghoul Girl.jpg (42KB, 540x764px) Image search: [Google]
Ghoul Girl.jpg
42KB, 540x764px
>>54781981
yes, in run faster
>>
>>54782012
Thanks, friend.
>>
>>54781981
Don't do it omae.
>>
4chan in the sixth world. Have you done it?
>>
>>54785437
See
>>54776675
>>
>>54785437
I'm not asking whether it has been done SOMEWHERE. I'm asking have YOU done it? Do YOU have 4chan in any form in your SR game?
>>
>>54785489
>>54785468
>>
File: 1499540825438.jpg (49KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1499540825438.jpg
49KB, 665x574px
>>54785489

I dont never has had a SR game :(( I'm trying to read thru relevant books first, is tall order, only 3 down
>>
I'm thinking of putting together an adept with Shapechange (via adept spell) and going Beast's Way. Any suggestions on how to put it together and optimize it so it isn't total shit?
>>
What book has stat blocks for horrors, and are there horrors that your average base level party could kill?
>>
>>54785938
None, and no.
>>
>>54785938
>What book has stat blocks for horrors
Earthdawn 1e
>>
>>54785987
Not even, like, cute little baby shoggoths or equivalent?
Are there any books that deal with horrors at all? Even just in fluff?
>>
I was thinking of letting normies equip qi foci with a rank up to their willpower plus 1. Do you think that might upset the balance any?
>>
>>54786044
>Are there any books that deal with horrors at all? Even just in fluff?
chummer, we won't be seeing horrors until like 500e
Remember, each cycle lasts for 5400 years, with mana going up, peaking after 2700 years and then going back again
Our cycle started in 2012, the current year is 2078. We are a measly 66 years into the cycle. The horrors need the mana levels to be high enough to enter, meaning that most likely they wont enter until like 3400 A.D. (halfway into the upswing). Though this is just guesswork. Nobody knows how much mana there has to be for horrors to enter our world.
And from our perspective the last chance for horrors to exist here at all is over 5500 years ago. Only the Dragons and the IEs even know what a horror IS.
>>
>>54786177
And to clarify: What I mean with cycle here is half-periods, worlds where either there is mana or there isn't. SR plays in the sixth world. Earthdawn in the fourth world. At the time of SRs creation we were in the (mana-less) fifth world
>>
>>54776132
That quality only applies to orks/trolls born already their goblinized metatype, former humans who goblinize later still automatically have a human-length lifespan.

Unless I misread.
>>
>>54786177
Okay, okay.
But what about that one little mishap with the bug spirits? Wasn't that related? Where can I get my hands on one of those?
>>
>>54781644
You are truly a benevolen/tg/erman.
>>
>>54786044
It's possible that HMHVV is related to the Horrors in some way, and that the virus actually turns the victim into an extremely weak Horror (such that they barely qualify). I can't remember the book that mentions this, try the ancient files.

Basically, don't be fooled by how human-like vampires are. As the mana levels increase they could become a huge liability.
>>
>>54786319
>But what about that one little mishap with the bug spirits? Wasn't that related?
Okay, so imagine a ravine, got it?
Make it deeper and wider, wide enough that you can MAYBE look to the other side and scream commands, but not much else.
This is the gap between our world and the realm of the horrors.
Now imagine if the sides of the ravine are moving in a periodical pattern. That's the mana cycle.
The more mana is in our world, the closer the edges of the ravine are to each other.
Horrors need it pretty close to cross into our world, which is why they only come over when we are closer to the peak. It's also the reason the horrors gave DHC the instructions for the GGD, which had the nice side-effect of accelerating the mana cycle.
But other beings don't need it to be that close to enter our world. One type of these beings is the Bug Spirit. They aren't horrors, they are the precursors to the horrors.
>>
>>54786463
Dayum. Guess I'm gonna have to have a word with my mage about his backstory.
So, are there stat-blocks for bug spirits and the like?
>>
>>54786838
Yes, they should be in Street Grimoire
No, allowing Bug Spirits in any form is a DUMB idea
>>
>>54786886
Why is that? Too powerful? Or the make the story too fucky?
>>
>>54787069
Because they do not serve humans. Period. They don't co-exist worth a damn. If your mage has bug spirits in his backstory, it better be about killing them or running like hell instead of as a contact.
>>
>>54785901
Okay now this depends on multiple factors.

Where does your capaign take place? this is an important factor for the form you want to change into. Also what you can change into depends on your body, so a troll can't change into an eagle.

I assume you want to punch/claw things dead, so the bone bioware might be your thing, to make you more killy and harder to kill.

Also some more informations on your character concept.
>>
>>54787112
Oh he's not dumb enough to try to work with them. He is dumb enough to try to fight them, though.
But also, his backstory involved fighting horrors, which, at the time, I didn't realize was a stupid idea.
>>
>>54787260
Oh. You should have fun with that. Play Russian Roulette with his contacts, have one of them get inhabited.
>>
If I hack someone's skillwires, can I puppet their meat body around akin to the Control Actions spell? Or maybe activate their slotted skills at an inappropriate time (Swimming during a firefight?)
>>
Have you ever played a session that started in the barrens and later became about shadowrunners?
>>
>>54767246
>see OP pic
>suddenlywant to play a Bioshock/ Shadowrun mashup
>now want to workout a SR version of big daddy - straight forward 0 essence, cybered up troll? or something more unique?
>>
>>54787863
You can probably enable and disable skills at bad times, but depending on what else they have you're probably better off getting a personafix on 'em and running.
>>
>>54785901
Kudos on taking a Sustained spell with Adept Spell. That's the only correct way to do it, yet I always see people taking instantaneous Combat Spells with it.
>>
>>54788158
Big Daddys are cyberzombies. The process which keeps the big daddy variant of cyberzombie "alive" causes great mental degradation, but they're able to survive for far greater times without needing maintenance.
>>
>>54788574
There's an argument (especially if you have a good amount of Edge) for taking a direct mana spell so that you can punish the guys that usually would give you troubles.
>>
>>54787863
>If I hack someone's skillwires, can I puppet their meat body around akin to the Control Actions spell?
No. The closest you could probably get is forcing the Skillwires to take an action for which they have a proper Activesoft loaded.

So, for example, if they have a Pistols Activesoft loaded, you might be able to command them to aim and fire their pistol at something. If they don't have Pistols, then tough shit - you can't use Command to make a device do something it's not already equipped to do.

>Or maybe activate their slotted skills at an inappropriate time (Swimming during a firefight?)
Yeah, that's more like it.

Your best bet, though, at that point? Is to upload a custom personafix to whatever is in control of their PAN. Of course, that only works if their DNI device (usually a commlink) has a hotsim module installed.

I recommend all hackers have a custom slave personafix saved on a device somewhere to uploaded to improperly-secured opponents should the opportunity present itself. It's the best way of turning a Security Spider into an unwilling accomplice, or turn a cybered-up meat-troll into your private bodyguard for the rest of a run.
>>
>>54788598
I disagree. Adept Spell always causing Physical Drain means that taking a Combat Spell of any kind is more or less always a bad idea. If you want something for taking out absurdly tanky characters, that's what Nerve Strike is for. Or maybe Mana/Power Blade, if you're feeling like a ballsy cunt.

You'll kill yourself with Adept Spell quickly enough that even if you defeat that opponent you'll have crippled yourself in the process more often than not.

Always do Sustained spells if you're taking Adept Spell. It's the only proper, reasonable way to use it.
>>
>>54788669
Nah, just go for minimal force, spend edge so that you're not limited to the low, low force that you cast the mana spell at, and you're... well, you're not golden but you probably surprised that guy in hardened armor, dodge tank, or other person that was probably taking your best.
>>
>>54788632
>you can't use Command to make a device do something it's not already equipped to do.
But it IS linked to their nervous and muscular systems, right? Makes sense that one might be able to at least roughly control someone's actions.

I like the personafix though, gonna use that with my decker for sure. The GM's gonna give me looks for buying a "submissive schoolgirl" persona, but...
>>
>>54788822
>But it IS linked to their nervous and muscular systems, right? Makes sense that one might be able to at least roughly control someone's actions.
I get what you're saying, but no, you can't make a device do something it's not already set up to do - the same way you can't Command a car's engine to light on fire but could Command it to drive into some pedestrians, and can't Command a commlink's battery to explode but could Command it to make calls and delete files. It has to be actually set up to do the thing you're trying to make it do, even if the physical infrastructure is hypothetically in place to do what you want it to do.

>I like the personafix though, gonna use that with my decker for sure. The GM's gonna give me looks for buying a "submissive schoolgirl" persona, but...
I'd go more for a 'Renraku Kohai' personafix. Makes the affected person obediently and diligently follow any orders give to them by their Senpai (you) in as no-nonsense and businesslike of a manner a possible. A lot more motivationally useful than a submissive and under-confident teenager. Plus, it's super believable for you to have gotten a copy of that grey market style off of some wageslave's commlink.
>>
>>54788669
What kind of sustained spells are good for adept spell? Would something to boost will or increase dodge against bullets be a good pick?
>>
>>54788908
Literally any sustained spell might be a good pick. It all depends on what kind of Adept you're building.

Stealth Adept? Improved Invisibility is a fucking amazing use of 1PP.

Shapechange can be a great buff for your stats, and Improved Reflexes can do a lot of work for a lot fewer PP than the Adept power.

Power/Mana Blade gives you a pretty sick sustained weapon if you're looking for an attack option.

And something like Influence is one of the few effects in the game even more useful for a Social Adept than Commanding Voice.
>>
>>54786044
Forbidden Arcana. Poor Elijah.
>>
Post unorthodox inspirational music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PyX21jZ7Ug
>>
>>54790485
Post orthodox music instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrESL7iY1PU
>>
File: 1450972245678.png (683KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1450972245678.png
683KB, 1280x1024px
I'd climb the Eiger.
>>
>>54791036
What would you do once you're up there?
>>
>>54791036
Glory for me.
>>
What's the newest version of the superbook? Highest I can find floating around is 9.5
>>
>>54791855
Superbook got abandoned. It's still a good start but at some point you'll just have to go check the main book.
>>
>>54788594
They'd also probably be giants, not trolls.
>>
So since any german anons are unable/unwilling to provide pdfs of SOTA: AGL, could someone provide a link to the weapons illustrations?
>>
>>54791894

Well, boo. Thanks anyway.
>>
Are Riggers worth playing in 5e? I just got done with Dragonfall and decided to put together a character for shits and gigs.

HOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEE

I'm overwhelmed to all fuck. What exactly does a rigger bring to the table that other archetypes don't do better?
>>
>>54792467
Force Multiplier, with the right drones.

Also, a good driver.
>>
>>54790485
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F1Stpj7jWc
>>
File: 21076773_p0.png (782KB, 988x1423px) Image search: [Google]
21076773_p0.png
782KB, 988x1423px
>>54790485

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csBaUsAySSQ
>>
Anyone have the link to the shadowplans map packs? I used to have them but lost the files.
>>
>>54792467

Riggers are one of the few archetypes that can effectively be two (or more!) places at once.

Summoners can too, but they don't quite have absolute control over their spirits and can suffer drain when summoning or binding.

Also, they make good getaway drivers, which can be pretty important.

They are also one of the more complicated characters to play. Maybe not the best to start out with.

>>54790485
A song that can inspire a rigger or two:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yOpSPIsQeo
>>
File: Opel Manta 400 2.jpg (218KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Opel Manta 400 2.jpg
218KB, 1600x1200px
>>54790485
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrOemQaEJGU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bNITQR4Uso
>>
/srg/ I seem to remember there being some certainties about shapeshifters implanting 'ware, but now that I'm looking for them, I can't find them.
What books should I be looking in, or did I imagine them?
>>
Anyone got the German State of the Art ADL book? I saw that there were some goodies inside of it, but without the book in front of me I cannot trust that Chummer is representing it accurately.
>>
>>54794286
Still no. You'd probably have better luck asking on krautchan or buying it yourself, the German books tend to take ages to get cracked.
>>
>>54791894
Do we know exactly what books are covered in the super? Might be fun to try and update it, god knows I haven't been busy with any actual gaming sessions in months.
>>
>>54794388
Shadowrun 5 Core Rulebook (SR5)
Run & Gun (R&G)
Bullets and Bandages (B&B)
The Assassin's Primer (TAP)
Gun H(e)aven 3 (GH3)
Stolen Souls (SS)
Coyotes (COY)
Sail Away, Sweet Sister (SASS)
Street Grimoire (SG)
Nothing Personal (NP)
Shadow Spells (ShS)
Aetherology (AETH)
Run Faster (RF)
Shadows In Focus: Sioux Nation (SiFSN)
>>
>>54788908
Levitate is amazing. Anyone who can take it SHOULD take it. As long as you can cast it you always have a parachute or zipline to make a quick getaway, or an extra set of hands to carry heavy shit. Or just floating badguys up into the air so they can't escape.

Grab a few Adept Spell Qi Foci and swap out other spells as needed.
>>
>>54794735
>Grab a few Adept Spell Qi Foci and swap out other spells as needed.
Hrm. Does that actually work, I wonder? What happens to your spellcasting skill if you stop using that focus? Normally if you lose access to spellcasting it gets converted into a knowledge skill.
>>
>>54794928
>Does that actually work, I wonder?
Nope.
>>
>>54792467
Riggers do several main things:
>Surveillance
Riggers are great at setting up eyes in the sky, sending microdrones flitting through air vents, or parking a car with a tricked out sensor suite in range for a stakeout. They're the perception kings.

>Force Multiplication
Whether it's rotodrones with sniper rifles or crawlers with AKs, you can easily have a half dozen fairly affordable drones picking off targets and laying down suppressive fire. They're no replacement for the street samurai, but holy goddamn do they supplement his job beautifully.

>Driving
There's nobody better at car chases and vehicle stunts than someone with a Control Rig. When you're in your vehicle, nobody can catch you, nobody can escape from you, no obstacle will stand in the way of your stunts, and if you've got a mounted gun you're going to be like a miniature tank in action.

Now, there's other fun, dumb stuff you can do if you're a Rigger. Trick out a humanoid drone and use in place of a meat body, for example. But in general, those are the three roles that Riggers serve in the party.
>>
bump.jpg
>>
>>54798136
Don't.
>>
Hoi, Chummers! Where i can steal six season for Shadowrun? Thanks for your answer
>>
>>54786166
total rank < WIL+1 or each rank < WIL+1?
>>
>>54794070
Basically if it isn't deltaware, shifters take fuckloads of damage when they shift. But if it is deltaware, it's so well integrated into their pattern,they're able to transform the deltaware into their new form as well.
>>
>>54794070
Shift power in Run Faster. Anything less that deltaware gets rejected
>>
I have the pleasure and great honor of announcing to you elegan/tg/entleman that Tim Miller, director of Deadpool, will be adapting the novel Neuromancer by William Gibson to the silver screen for Fox. Let the circus commence.
>>
>>54798896
>Filmography
>Feature films
> Hideaway (1995) – visual effects
> Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010) – supervisor "Ninja Ninja" sequence
> The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) – creative director: title sequence
> Thor: The Dark World (2013) – second unit director: opening sequence
> Deadpool (2016) – director
> Sonic the Hedgehog (2019) – executive producer[16]
> Untitled Terminator film (TBA) - director
>Video games
> Hellgate: London (2007) – visual effects
> Mass Effect 2 (2010) – visual effects supervisor
> Star Wars: The Old Republic (2011) – visual effects supervisor

I honestly don't know what to think of him
>>
>>54798932
>> Sonic the Hedgehog (2019) – executive producer[16]
Can you run that by me again?
>>
>>54798896
Well, could be worse. It's probably gonna turn out decent.
>>
>>54798948
https://web.archive.org/web/20170210122919/https://www.polygon.com/2016/10/31/13482258/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-tim-miller-sony
>>
>>54798896
But is Bruce Willis still involved?
>>
>>54798557
>six season
I don't understand the question.
>>
File: Oh god why.jpg (37KB, 610x269px) Image search: [Google]
Oh god why.jpg
37KB, 610x269px
>>54798896
>>54798932
>>54798948
>The producer is the guy who made the shitty X-men movies.
>"It's probably gonna turn out decent."
No, no it will not.
>>
>>54801439
Producers don't matter so much as writers and directors.
>>
File: Shadowrun_Lelf.png (223KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun_Lelf.png
223KB, 800x534px
>>54774710
>>
Question. In shadowrun, East Thrace has seceded from the rest of Turkey, right? Why hasn't Greece gone full Megali yet?
>>
>>54801476
>the guy who directed Deadpool
I mean, Deadpool was fun, but exactly the wrong style for Neuromancer. It had bad pacing too.
>>
>>54801684
>expecting anything even resembling sensible geopolitics
>Shadowrun
Go back to the NANs.
>>
So anons, I volunteered myself to GM shadowrun 4E. Do you have any tips for me? I've done a bit of GMing in the past, but have no experience with Shadowrun outside of enjoying the Returns series of games and reading through and somewhat comprehending the rulebooks once in a blue moon.
>>
>>54801899
How about we have greece get taken over in a military coup by the Minister of National Defense, who declares them to be the roman empire reborn and styles himself as Basil the Third. That nonsensical enough for you?
>>
>>54802167
Wouldn't that be Italy?
>>
>>54798620
The former. Basically one qi foci that would allow them to stay reasonably on par with ware or adept abilities without just being an imitation. Nerve Strike for a marital artist, wall running for a parkour king. Maybe even commanding voice for a Normie that is a leader of a swat team. Just something to help normal players get a hair closer to being on equal footing with the magically gifted
>>
>>54801899
>expecting anything even resembling sensible geopolitics
This is why I'm rewriting Europe in SR using some of the (very sparse) material there is. The way europe is treated by the american writers is almost insulting.
>>
>>54802578
The way America is treated by the American writers is insulting. You're not special.
>>
File: stupid_gun.jpg (29KB, 527x369px) Image search: [Google]
stupid_gun.jpg
29KB, 527x369px
So /srg/, I want your opinion for a 4th ed NPC I'm making. The guy's an idiot, and I want him to have the single stupidest, flashiest, most useless Heavy Pistol I can find.

I want it to be big, obvious, and a giant pointer to the fact that the guy may know about drugs, but has absolutely no idea about guns.

So far I'm torn between a Cavalier Deputy with every cosmetic modification that can fit onto the thing, and an extended barrel so he could fit more stupid cosmetic mods, or a Colt Manhunter with so many bolt-on additions that he can barely aim the thing.

Any opinions? Or any other suggestions?
>>
>>54802616
You want the Cavalier Sheriff from Gun Haven 2. It's the Deagle of SR Pistols, massive, heavy, can shoot through a truck but is useless for 90% of practical applications and takes expensive as fuck ammo.
>>
File: SR Advice.png (103KB, 1902x932px) Image search: [Google]
SR Advice.png
103KB, 1902x932px
>>54802004
Read the advice in the OP Pastebin.
For the matrix: It's fucked. You can try to mind caulk it (such as making matrix perception a single test that identifies all icons whose hits on their stealth test is lower than the perception test).
You can just handwave it and make it that it's done by a NPC
Or you could use replacement rules, such as Ends of the Matrix (http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=48836 ; https://www.gitbook.com/book/lokathor/the-ends-of-the-matrix/details for the pdf version)

All books are in the OP Mediafire. Refer to 3e books when you want more setting info.
Oh and pic related is the advice I got
>>
File: 1467938989752 4e matrix.pdf (240KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1467938989752 4e matrix.pdf
240KB, 1x1px
>>54802717
Oh, and if you want to be a masochist and use the original matrix rules, here's an explanation

And I'd recommend you to use Chummer. http://www.chummergen.com/
It is a godsend for players and GM alike
>>
File: Cavalier Sheriff.png (701KB, 865x506px) Image search: [Google]
Cavalier Sheriff.png
701KB, 865x506px
>>54802675

Oh wow... that even looks kinda stupid. Maybe make that a knock-off and chrome the shit out of it.
>>
File: blurple2.png (24KB, 550x375px) Image search: [Google]
blurple2.png
24KB, 550x375px
>>54802199
Nah, for the latter half of its history the Roman Empire was basically just Greece and Turkey (although the chunks of turkey they had didn't have turks in them yet obviously.) Pic related, it's the roman empire in 1180
>>
>>54802914
I thought that was referred to as the Byzantine Empire?
>>
>>54802403
You do realise the entire point is that being a vanilla human is a disadvantage, right? Mages and adepts need to devote their lives and karma to getting good at magic (and risk being headhunted by corps and other interested parties), people with 'ware sell chunks of their soul for outrageous prices to get ahead, and the rare metacategory of edgemasters are severely limited in how often they can pull rabbits from their ass.

Giving everyone magic powers cheapens the divide between the havenots and the oh-God-what-did-I-do-to-have
>>
>>54802907
Custom Looks 2
Personalized Grip
AR Enhanced
Weapon Personality
Extended Barrel
Bayonet
...There was one mod that made your gun play certain sounds when drawn / fired.

The list goes on.
>>
>>54802966
Modern historians call it that, yeah, but they called themselves the roman empire, and the greeks kept on calling themselves romans up until relatively recently. (1800s with folks in the cities, 1900s with hicks on some of the Aegean islands.) Anyway, having been rome at one point was a fairly big part of greek nationalism back in the day, and is still a large chunk of it these days.
>>
>>54803074
Found it. Voice Activation / Response
>>
>>54803087
>1900s with hicks on some of the Aegean islands

Holy Kek, rural people are so retarded.
>>
>>54803120
What do you mean by that? They knew the roman empire had fallen obviously, they just didn't know of any other word for greek. (To them, Hellene most likely meant pagan.)
>>
>>54803273
>they just didn't know of any other word for greek
>hicks can't into words
>>
>>54803120
No one told them they weren't roman anymore.
>>
>>54794328
>ask on Krautchan
There is a shadowrun thread on /sp/ (krautequivalent to /tg/), this would be the best bet.
>>
>>54802763
Jesus fuck that is a clusterfuck.
>>
pretty new to shadowrun, help me make a character that can drive cars fast
>>
>>54804569
Summoner with Control Rig 3
Summon Spirit, let it cast Movement on the vehicle, jack in.
>>
File: Download.png (15KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
Download.png
15KB, 188x268px
>>54802763
>>54802717

Reminder: another way to get data is to make people giving it to you. The matrix doen't exist in a vacuum.
>>
>>54804974
What is this, a picture for pixies?
>>
File: 20120220.gif (91KB, 576x821px) Image search: [Google]
20120220.gif
91KB, 576x821px
>>54805057
Happy now ?
>>
>>54804974
A few examples, some resources may be needed, like some fake SIN/license (all still way cheaper than a deck)
A good computer skill (the most usefull from the whole matrix skill list and you should have it anyway)
Some software to disarm data bombs
Maybe a contact who can crack data

"Good morning sir, I'm detective Johnson, that is my partner, Detective Johnson, not related. We need to take a quick look at the security camera network (only to put it on repeat) / your commlink (to get the number of our wetjob mark) / Your car (so we can delete evidence/steal it later)"

Maybe prepare an ARo that looks liek something people would expect from officials and gives you three marks if they confirm it.

Look for someone who is high enough to have some admin rights over the stuff you want but is low enough to give in when under pressure (that's what judge intentions is for).

Also, sammy's and Adepts with trick shot and some points in intimidate can be scary mofo's, just force people to give you marks.
>>
>>54802167
I mean, it's certainly going in the right direction. This is, after all, the setting where the Mafia bought the entirety of Sicily - in cash - in order to declare themselves a AA/nation-state. Anyone with a Sicilian national SIN in Shadowrun is a CITIZEN of the Mafia - and vice versa, anyone who joins the Mafia can instantly receive a legal SIN.
>>
>>54805393
>We need to take a quick look at the security camera network (only to put it on repeat) / your commlink (to get the number of our wetjob mark) / Your car (so we can delete evidence/steal it later)"
While this might work with small companies it likely won't work with A-Rated Corps and DEFINITELY won't work with AA or AAA-Rated Corps.
>>
>>54805508
I strongly disagree. AAAs aren't mega-secure at 99% of their locations. Remember - Aztechnology is Stuffer Shack too. Just because something has the Horizon logo on the side doesn't mean it's necessarily any more secure than Bob's Auto Repair. It has to be a location where the business going on inside is sensitive enough to justify that kind of security investment.

Something being a AAA location doesn't necessarily mean it's elite. It just means that the company which owns it is super huge. Megas are huge because they're spread extremely broadly, not because every building they have is a small fortress.
>>
>>54805638
Pretty much, stuffer shack is notorious for their poor matrix service.

Also remember, a fake license is fake, so there is no reason why you could't pretend to be a Knight errant detective when you infiltrate some Ares location and make the office drones sweat.

Good Computer + Software go a long way on a good face, or a scary street sam.
And is certainly more fun for everybody than dealing with the hacking rules.
>>
>>54805638
Chummer, I'm not telling you that you can't break into a AA or AAA corp, in fact that's the easiest due to its size.
I'm saying that the "We are detectives and ask for your data/access" is gonna get shot down with a "No, and what are you going to do about it?"
Extraterritoriality means they have to do two things when external forces ask for access:
a) Jack
b) Shit
This is one of the reason shadowrunner can work. If you attack Evo and are caught by the cameras in a stuffer shack then Aztechnology can reply to the demand for the footage with a spit and a slap in the face. Run Faster should have a paragraph on it: "Data Balkanization"
So with smaller corps this will most likely work. They are small and suborned and thus don't want to piss off any bigwigs for denying detectives, especially convincing ones, access.
A-Rated corps have standing armies and thus might take their chances if the detectives aren't from a AA or AAA corp. And even if, they most likely ask the corp first.
AA and AAA corps just tell you to get off their territory or you will be made to leave.

Social engineering is still one a BIG opportunity to get access and is a way for the face to help the decker BIG time. But you need to consider what tactics work where.
>>
>>54805761
Damn son, is your imagination so narrow that you can't add "Knight errant" before the detective or replace the detective with "Horizon net security agent" when you want to interact with ares/Horizon property ?

Licenses aren't so expensive that you could not buy them for a run (except you are street scum)

>you need an fitting disguise if you want successfull social engineering
>>
>>54805761
Don't tell me your face doen't have at least a fake license as a representative of some large charity organization, News reporter, Federal officer and whatever mercenary corp acts as the local police force ?

Do you even face omae ?
>>
>>54805826
>>54805866
>"Knight errant"
>"Horizon net security agent"
Works on A and small AA corps

And what you are saying is not opposing my post.
Yes, different licenses will work for different situations.
No, a detective license won't open all doors.
Just as I said
>>
>>54806140
No, actually it'd only work on the AAA corps. The A and AA corps only answer to whatever territory they're in, which would be local government since they'd be part of the AAA corp if operating on their turf.
>>
>>54805761
Nobody's talking about pretending to be a municipal, public detective, you twit. They talking about pretending to be security/IT personnel with whatever subcontractor or internal security is relevant for the location in question. If this Horizon location subcontracts Knight Errant, you show up with fake Knight Errant credentials. If this Shiawase location keeps it private, show up as Shiawase IT.

And if it's a less-than-maximum security location, just show up with a clipboard and a scowl and trust that Jimmy the Intern won't have the balls to tell you to fuck off.
>>
>>54806955
Actually, AA are extraterritorial just like the AAAs. They're just not in the top 10 biggest.
>>
>>54806998
>They're just not in the top 10 biggest.
and even that is not strictly true, given that some larger AAs are bigger than the smaller AAAs (Horizon, Wuxing)
AAAs are only differing from AAs in that they have seats on the CC.
Nothing more.
Some have it because of tradition (Shiawase)
Some have it due to firepower (SK)
Some have it due to being REALLY influential (Horizon)
But AAs rising and AAAs falling is just a matter of voting
>>
>>54807099
Right. The big difference is between A and AA. That's the difference between being a very big multinational corporation and being a literal international nation.
>>
Is there a way to add cyberware to characters in the live Version of omae?
>>
>>54807517
>Is there a way to add cyberware to characters in the live Version of omae?
I'm not sure what you want to do, omae.
Do you want to take a character from omae and add ware?
Do you want to update a character in omae?
>>
>>54807517
Use Chummer, chummer.
>>
Is there a limit to the force on a lodge? Is there a reason not to just spend 10,000 nuyen on a force 20 lodge.
>>
>>54808424
>Is there a limit to the force on a lodge?
your MAG
>>
>>54808424
Availibility, for one. For two, if you're not going to be using rituals of that magnatude it's probably more effective to use Long Haul and reagents to make a temporary lodge to hide your hoop.

This is for one reason. Temporary lodges are temporary. Thus very hard to track. An actual lodge doesn't really move, and so it can be found beforehand and you won't (necessarily) know.
>>
File: might_be_a_work.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
might_be_a_work.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
What are some interesting ways to take the "possessed arm" thing?
I'm planning on making a character that fucks around with the concept, and I'm not sure if I want it to be real or him faking it.
>>
>>54809627
>What are some interesting ways to take the "possessed arm" thing?
Attach a wireless drone arm.
>>
>>54809627
Get a wireless drone hand, turn it into a prepared vessel, and then toss a Possession spirit into it.

Then stand back and watch the carnage.
>>
>>54809627
Omega ware (Alien Hand Syndrome)
>>
>>54804643
>movement on vehicles

Wildcard was a mistake
>>
>reading Forbidden Arcana
>Blood Puppet
>resisting causes Force plus net hits damage
Who wrote this shit, and who made blood magic playable in 5E
>>
>>54811294
blood magic isn't bad it's all about how you use it :^)
>>
>>54811049
unrelated third anon, just finished Storytime and saw this.

I also now want to run a Payday Gang expy, because that's honestly what I got from Wildcard's character. From the mask, to the bank heists, to literally becoming Bain post-campaign
>>
>>54811361
No, it's all bad. Some people just don't know how fucked they are, yet.
>>
File: 120815_ti_tardigrade_free.jpg (73KB, 860x460px) Image search: [Google]
120815_ti_tardigrade_free.jpg
73KB, 860x460px
When til bloodmagic gets renamed badwrongmagic? Not soon enough?

Also would a tardigrade spirit count as an insect spirit? Because I hope not so water bear shaman can happen in my life
>>
>>54812056
Insect spirits are not 'spirits in the shape of insects'. There's a Spider mentor spirit, and a Beetle one that's popular with Egyptian sorcerers, that are not insect spirits. That said you are still a shit and so is your microscopic fagbeast.
>>
>>54812056
It probably wouldn't count as an insect spirit, but you'd probably get shot by nervous Chicagoans just to be safe.
>>
>>54805090
>.gif
>>
>>54791069
Hold her hand and kiss her horns
>>
>>54814045
You sick fuck
>>
Shadowrun seems like a lot of fun. The issue is that I know too little about the lore in order to run a game. I'm reading the lore parts in the core rulebook, but I want more. Can you guys recommend any wiki articles, books, or even games I can dive into to learn the basics, and more, of Shadowrun lore?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvH-7XX6pkk
>>
>>54817081
when you want lore you better look before 5e.
4e had some good books like vice and attitude
3e and before had a lot of setting books, especially their "Target:~" and "Shadows of ~" books
>>
>>54817408
Oh, and of course the Sixth World Almanac (4e), which is a giant timeline of SR and lots of info on countries
>>
>>54817408
3e is the best for explaining setting details 5e assumes you know already.

5e did some things right from the start (some things wrong, too), but every time they release a new book, the 'right' pile looks comparatively smaller next to the fuck ups.
>>
>>54817408
>>54817432
>>54817493
Any particular books to learn me the basics aside from the Alamanc?
>>
>>54817863
The almanac would cover the basics of the world, and then you'd want to read the fluff book for whatever area you're in. Seattle 2072 + Emerald Shadows (?) for Seattle, for example. 4e and 3e will have most of those.
>>
>>54818582
5e has the Seattle Sprawl box, which updates Seattle 2072.
>>
>>54818601
The Seattle Sprawl Box also conveniently avoids including a usable map of 2070 Seattle so you'll still want to keep the 4e Seattle book on hand.
>>
>>54818652
>maps of large modern/futuristic cities
>usable
kek
>>
>>54808222
>>54808276

I want to use the live Version of OMAE as an online character Editor in case i don't have chummer available (eg work).
>>
>>54821274
Download the character, change the sheet, upload it again?
>>
Anyone have a pdf download of the Almanac? I can't find it in the OP, nor online.
>>
>>54821539
OP -> Pastebin -> Mediafire -> 4e -> Sixth World Almanac
>>
>>54811576
Bloodmagic can be nice, you are wrong.
>>
File: 1502066608167.jpg (182KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
1502066608167.jpg
182KB, 500x301px
>>54821676
How tho? I've only read the section in Street Grimoire 5e, but it sounds like you killing sapient creature > killing critter > making shit bleed but not killing it. Even with some moral acrobatics to make it not inherently malevolent, how could it be anything other than "not nice?"
>>
>>54822021
Forbidden Arcana took steps (baby ones mind you) to bring Earthdawn's Life Magic form of Blood Magic back. If you've never read Earthdawn, Life Magic is powered by a willing sacrifice of (usually) your own blood for (usually) non-aggressive purposes.

It's still not totally safe (it's the medical opioid to Death Magic's Opium+Stuff combo), but it's not as bad as using classic Death Magic style blood magic.
>>
>>54822175
>If you've never read Earthdawn, Life Magic is powered by a willing sacrifice of (usually) your own blood for (usually) non-aggressive purposes.
That's what Drain already is, though.
>>
File: Dorkula.jpg (244KB, 582x900px) Image search: [Google]
Dorkula.jpg
244KB, 582x900px
>>54822194
The difference is that life magic involves directly drawing blood, the symbolism of which is quite potent. For example, in Earthdawn a common use of blood magic was using it to swear binding oaths, because something sealed in blood is stronger than something sealed by words alone. The Triads may or may not be using a modified version of these oaths when they make their members swear in.
>>
>>54822252
What about mechanical differences? Is it just blood magic : phys dmg as magic : drain (stun dmg) ?
>>
>>54821676
A - you even admit it's still a slippery slope to full blood magic fuck up.

B - it's still blood magic / fucking with the mana tides.
>>
>>54822194
>>54822318
Yes, technically taking physical drain is a form of blood magic.

But formalized Life Magic Blood Magic requires the use of your own blood (and thus some physical damage) to cast and/or enhance. Mechanically, this is represented by a few benefits. One, it doesn't trigger an immediate Addiction test. Two, you don't take the damage penalty (if applicable) on the test for the spell/ritual/whatever.

There's a slightly sketchier use of still technical Life Magic where you injure a willing subject to enhance an effect. Depending on what you're doing and how good an Initiate you are, this might not be immediately addicting, but could/would still bring you under the normal addiction rules.
>>
>all these people bitching about whether or not a thing is nice
Fuck that, I want to bind five bug spirits into the same guy.
>>
>>54801439
>>The producer is the guy who made the shitty X-men movies.

>Made

Look again:
>>54798932
> visual effects,
>creative director: title sequence
> second unit director: opening sequence
> Deadpool (2016) – director
> Sonic the Hedgehog (2019) – executive producer[16]
> Untitled Terminator film (TBA) - director
> visual effects supervisor

The guy does visual effects, and TITLES. Like, the first pretty opening bit in a movie.

He has ONE director job.

and an "executive producer" role which means whatever the fuck.

His movie will look pretty and have a kick-ass opener. And.... then probably completely miss the mark of the plot and story of the book. But hey, I liked deadpool.
>>
File: Read, Nigga, Read!.jpg (320KB, 500x572px) Image search: [Google]
Read, Nigga, Read!.jpg
320KB, 500x572px
>>54822936
>Tim Miller was signed on to direct a new film adaptation by Fox, with Simon Kinberg producing.
>Kinberg has taken a large role in the X-Men film universe acting as one of the consistent members of the franchise's creative team, serving as producer and screenwriter for multiple installments.

"The producer is the guy who made the shitty X-men movies." stands.
>>
>>54822817
I think Ares is looking for some inspired young bucks like you.
>>
>>54822936
>He has ONE director job.
And the thing he did direct? It was mostly a pretty visual opening effect, followed by an hour and a half of Ryan Reynolds.

https://youtu.be/tTP4dT_aqvw

You have a guy who films pretty intros, and the guy who made the bad X-Men movies. At least we'll have a kickass opening scene.
>>
So, how bad of an idea is it to have a party member with a high Cyberware skill make a piece of cyberware, and then have another party member with a high Medicine skill implant it for them?
>>
>>54823301
>make a piece of cyberware
pretty bad considering there are no rules for making cyberware
>>
File: Build & Rerpair Table.png (56KB, 266x383px) Image search: [Google]
Build & Rerpair Table.png
56KB, 266x383px
>>54823301
As long as you have them jump through the appropriate hoops to:
>get the high-end raw materials
>get the fabrication Facility to make and assemble the individual parts
>get the surgical Facility to safely implant the implant

Then sure, fine, whatever.

>>54823325
>CYBERTECHNOLOGY (LOGIC)
>Cybertechnology is the ability to create, maintain, and repair cybernetic parts. A character with the proper tools and parts may repair or even build new cybernetics. Cybertechnology is not a surgical skill. Characters cannot attach or re-attach cybernetics to organic material with this skill. This skill may be used to modify or upgrade cybernetics within cyberlimbs. See Building and Repairing, p. 145.
>Default: No
>Skill Group: Biotech
>Specializations: Bodyware, Cyberlimbs, Headware, Repair

>may repair or even build new cybernetics

>BUILDING & REPAIRING
>Building or repairing an object is an Extended Test that the gamemaster may decide requires certain tools or facilities. Modifiers from the Build/Repair Table (p. 146) should be applied to the test. Characters electing to design new items must have the appropriate Knowledge skills to conceptualize and create schematics. The gamemaster assigns a threshold and interval for the Extended Test using the Task Difficulty Threshold table and Extended Test thresholds table on p. 48.

Gonna have to disagree with you there, omae.
>>
>>54823325
>CYBERTECHNOLOGY (LOGIC)
>Cybertechnology is the ability to *create*, maintain, and repair cybernetic parts. A character with the proper tools and parts may repair or even build new cybernetics. Cybertechnology is not a surgical skill. Characters cannot attach or re-attach cybernetics to organic material with this skill. This skill may be used to modify or upgrade cybernetics within cyberlimbs. See Building and Repairing, p. 145.
>Default: No
>Skill Group: Biotech
>Specializations: Bodyware, Cyberlimbs, Headware, Repair

>>54823416
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I figure as long as at least one party member has a decent place to crash for a bit after the surgery, it should be all good.
>>
>>54823416
>a Logic 5 character with a cardboard box full of Inadequate parts and tools, in a (Terrible, -4) dimly-lit closet working from memory would be taking a -6 penalty on Cybertechnology tests to assemble a cyberlimb from memory
Rad.
>>
>>54823449
The key point is the Facilities and the raw materials. A cyberware fabrication Facility is 50k nuyen (or 5k for a Shop, or 500 nuyen for a Kit). I'd argue that a Kit is Inadequate -2 for fabrication, a Shop is no penalty, and a Facility is Superior (+1).

The same then applies for a surgical setup - -2 for a Kit, +0 for a Shop, and +1 for a Facility.

So, you're looking at 10k just for the basic setup for a pair of Shops, or 100k for proper Facilities.

After that, you need to determine how much the raw materials cost. I'd peg it at 50%. It's cheaper, at that point, than Used cyberware, without being so cheap as to be game-breaking.

Higher-grade 'ware should require higher-grade setups, though. I'd require a Kit at minimum for Standard (with a Kit counting as Inadequate), a Shop at minimum for Alphaware (with a Shop counting as Inadequate), and a Facility at minimum for Betaware (with a Facility counting as Inadequate) to represent how much more infrastructure higher-grade 'ware takes to produce. I wouldn't allow players to manufacture their own Delta.

Anyway, most of those specific factors - pricing, what tools are required, thresholds, and so on - are called out in the rules as being determined on a case-by-case basis by GMs, so that's just advice, nothing hard and solid.
>>
>>54823458
Keep in mind, your dicepool lowers by one each time you try an extended test. So assuming the test for making a cyberarm is something like 40 (considering simply reassigning ownership of a device is 24), you need a highly trained specialist in great conditions to make a functioning one.
>>
>>54823618
Someone in decent working conditions, with decent tools, an AR-enhanced set of schematics, Logic 5, Cybertechnology 6, and Specialty: Fabrication has a starting dice pool of 15. If they have Logic augmentations, it's even higher than that.

That's something that a good Decker could easily dip into, without even having to chase down Superior tools/working conditions.
>>
>>54823175
I bet I could put a bug spirit in each individual limb seperately, and then have them voltron together.
>>
>>54823682
I like your moxie kid! You'll go far in this corp!
>>
>>54823682
Should I feel bad that shit like this is literally what my runner does in their off time?
I fucking love irresponsible and poorly thought out but fun science.
>>
>>54823738
You shouldn't be doing irresponsible science as a hobby omae, the megacorps pay good nuyen for that sort of thing.
>>
>>54823682
You'd have to use colony based bugs for it, if you use shit like Mantis spirits you'd get an alien hand brawl, which while hilarious probably isn't effective.
>>
>>54823778
THE MAN will only make me do irresponsible science will sober.
>>
File: 1365348268474.jpg (71KB, 455x900px) Image search: [Google]
1365348268474.jpg
71KB, 455x900px
Aside from Lightning Reflexes, are there any other Qualities that boost Initiative in any way? Something that boosts your Reaction for the purpose of Initiative, or something that lets you add a different stat to your Initiative score? Anything like that?

I'm trying to put together a completely non-augmented character without being 100% reliant on Edge, and I'm trying to nail down what options are on the table. So far I have Intuition 6/Reaction 5 and Lightning Reflexes for 2d6+11 Initiative (two guaranteed initiative passes, occasionally a third). I'm trying to figure out what else could be added to the mix, aside from Exceptional Attribute, which I'd rather avoid if possible.

I know it's not even close to optimal, but it's fun.
>>
>>54823812
Oh, I see omae. Salud!
>>
>>54823873
Drugs
>>
>>54823942
Sure, they'll always be a backup option. I'm just wondering if I've missed any qualities anywhere that could add a little extra to the character's baseline Initiative. If I haven't, I certainly have enough to work with either way.
>>
SR equivalents of 4chan, Tumblr, and Reddit, what look like?
>>
>>54823670
>decker
>spending 7 skill points at chargen
>easy dip

Nope. Deckers are already hard-done-by for skill points, let alone the cash to get the facilities and materials
>>
>>54823962
Chummer, if you have neither Ware, nor Magic, nor tech, nor drugs then you are shit. If you want to be good at this then you need one of these.

>>54824082
>4chan
Chaos Engine
>Reddit
Jackpoint
>tumblr
Some kind of data storage with a community attached to it haphazardly
>>
>>54823873
>>54823962
Lightning Reflexes actually grants you +1+1d6, so you'd be at 2d6+12.

You can pick up Poor Self Control (Thrill-Seeker), which gives you +1 Initiative for the first 5 Combat Turns of an engagement, for 2d6+13.

Aside from that, just Exceptional Attribute Intuition/Reaction to bring you up to 2d6+14, and Metagenic (Attribute) Improvement Intuition/Reaction for up to 2d6+16.

The latter requires GM approval, but 2d6+14 is enough to grant you 3 initiative passes over 50% of the time.

>>54824185
You don't, actually. You'll never be as exceptional as someone with 'ware, but you can be extremely decent without it. It's just intensive.
>>
>>54824209
And then mix in Attributes A, Skills B, and as much Edge as possible? Rad. Thanks.
>>
>>54824261
If you want to go full hobo mode, be a human with attributes A, Skills A, Edge C and get by by being the jack of all trades for your group. You'll be poor, but with 7 edge and 48/10 skill points you'll be able to roll a decent amount of dice at any problem
>>
>>54824209
>>54824261
If you play as a Wakyambi, Hanuman, or Satyr you start with 2/7 in either Intuition or Reaction. You know, if you really want to minmax unaugmented Initiative.
>>
>>54824132
is right.

Even the social infiltrator hacker (more akin to a real life hacker) needs quite the dedication.

You do not want to leave your house with log + cha below 5

Then you should get 12 dice in hacking, computer, con and 10 in software (databombs /disarm databombs (depending on how stingy your GM is)
Also etiquette with specialization "IT crowd/ security/ Law enforcement" needed.

Then you'll want a good commlink (since decks are fore basement dwelling nerds):
Transys Avalon, accept no substitutes: 5000 nuyen.
Stealth dongle rating 4 (minimum) 48K nuyen
(a Little Hornet deck would do the job too, but costs almost twice as much)
And Licenses, Licenses, Licenses, get at least one for the Federal law enforcemnt (officer or special agent or whatever tickels your pickle), one as reporter and one for some big local charity corp.
Just get an ID forger contact.

I would consider the stuff above as rough baseline for an social engineer type of hacker.
>>
>>54824512
I'd say to spring for the Little Hornet if only because there are two actions that need an attack rating, Crack File and Erase Mark.

Neither is strictly necessary, but Crack File's probably going to be needed more often of the two. After all, there's going to be times where you can't socialize the file's Owner, and so you're gonna have to Crack.

Erase Mark's less important, but some times you get marked and don't want to reboot, so it's your main option for getting hidden again in that case.
>>
>>54801873
>he made one movie in a certain style, so all his movies will be like that

This could be true or it could not. He hasn't directed enough movies for us to make conclusions, so don't jump to them.
>>
>not running with only totally legal items and equipment
>>
>>54826317
MCT Blue Defender, Urban Explorer Jumpsuit, Ares Giantslayer w/ pepper punch capsules, plasteel knife, cavalier taser...
>>
>>54823416
>Gonna have to disagree with you there, omae.
Too bad there are no rules for making cyberware that are better than a vague handwave by the CGL writers.
>>
>>54826353
this could actually work, could it ?

Also a monofilament chainsaw is "Technically" perfectly legal
>>
>>54826843
Technically, but not as easy to conceal by far.
>>
>>54826843
Working so far in my game.
>>
>>54824512
Wait, I'm new, what are the licenses for?
>>
>>54827063
>Wait, I'm new, what are the licenses for?
Not getting arrested/your items confiscated by the police.
>>
>>54827189
Huh, but in that case, why for example "one as reporter"? Do you have to show your license when trying to trick someone with a fake job? Won't then seeing the other fake jobs ring some alarm in the NPC's brain?
>>
>>54827209
Reporters have press passes. Having a 'license' as a reporter would let you get into press pools and stuff.
>>
>>54794286
>>54794328
i have it but it has my full name in watermark chummers
>>
>>54827771
No shit. If you want to contribute, learn to strip it.
>>
>>54828034
>learn to strip it.
It's not hard, really. You just need Adobe Acrobat (or equivalent) and something to saw the security off.
>>
>>54828034
>Someone says he has what people are looking for but circumstances prevent him from sharing.
>Instead of advicing him how to do it, respond to him like an asshole.
Nice.
>>
Next week I'm going to play Shadowrun 5e for the first time ever.

Problem: the last time I played Shadowrun it was 2nd edition in the mid 90s

What do I need to know?
And can I still play a Street Shaman?
>>
>>54829617
Trolls are no longer pistol suicide-proof (but that might have been 1e, I forget), there are grades beyond Alpha, you die at 0 Essence (unless cyberzombied), and most of the old divide between Shamanistic and Hermetic was moved over to optional stuff in Forbidden Arcana.

THere's a lot more, but I wanted to mostly be glib, and I couldn't find a good way to work in the optional (but not optional in 1e) Allergy table.
>>
>>54829617
>What do I need to know?
Large parts of your mechanical knowledge won't carry over. Large parts of your setting knowledge are out of date.
>>
>>54829696
>Large parts of your setting knowledge are out of date
Larger parts of their setting knowledge are actually relevant, but the fact they're virtually unmentioned in 5e means anyone who hasn't gone back to read the old stuff won't know jack about them.

Prime example - RAS Override. Mentioned in 5e core only under BTL chips, but with zero context. It's the fundamental hardware that overrides your natural movement and perception so simsense can do it's thing without conflicting data. Disabling it lets you move around and see, with great difficulty. Once, a 5e GM told me a dealer's gear didn't come with any extra stuff like that.
>>
Isn't there a Quality in 5e somewhere that lets you use Logic for social skills?
>>
>>54830621
Asperger's Syndrome (7 karma/free with the Vacinated quality)
>>
>>54830772
No, it's an actual quality. It's for dispassionate social engineering and shit. Intended for deckers to run confidence schemes and phishing without actually being truly charming.

I just don't remember what it's called or which book it's in.
>>
>>54830844
Cutting Aces book. Doesn't work on everything.
>>
>>54830844
Either cutting aces or data trails then, those are the social engineering and decker books respectively
>>
>>54830876
>>54830879
I guess I was remembering wrong, then. Cutting Aces has one quality that lets you use Intuition for Etiquette and a second that lets you use Logic for Diplomacy... which isn't even an actual Skill, just a Negotiation Specialty. Thanks for pointing me to the right book, at least.
>>
>>54827771
If you manage to get it stripped, lob it my way - I'll throw it into the box. Also, don't listen to people being twats at you, anyone who even offers stuff for the box is alright in my book.
>>
>>54794388
This anon here. For updating the superbook, anyone think I should add in a section for life modules or is that just making unneeded work for myself?

So far I've gone through the adventure modules, Complete Trog, and am almost done with Chrome Flesh. I also added bookmarks for anyone who might want em but thats a lesson in futility till i complete the damn thing.
>>
File: not_a_bug_spirit.jpg (171KB, 671x800px) Image search: [Google]
not_a_bug_spirit.jpg
171KB, 671x800px
>no entirely created intelligent servant species
I am kind of sad that there are so many fantasy races, but no manufactured slug worker drones. I guess the closest I can get is an AI, and that's not really the same thing.
>>
How many social skills should a Face have?
My face adept has 16 die in Con, 14 die in Performance, 12 die in Etiquette and Impersonation and 10 die in Negotiation without counting specialization or fist impression extra die
Is that good enough?
>>
>>54831221
Depends on what you're doing. If you want it to be a complete reference, then yes you need life modules. That said, they're definitely a low-priority thing, because no one uses them and modules are scattered through 100 different books.
>>
>>54831433
People in SR aren't cranking out orcs and elves for kicks. It's genetics. Science isn't to the point of pouring out living slaves from a test tube, though there are drones of both meat and metal varieties that can be pretty smart.
>>
>>54832369
Wimps are sort of like slaves. Just they get used for organs rather than labor, etc.
>>
>>54832347
Fair enough. Didn't want to go through the effort if it would go completely to waste, but I guess if i'm doing all this anyway might as well do it right.

Once I get what the superbook has now out of the way I'll add in new stuff. Sections for cyber/bioware, life modules, armor/clothes, whatever. Hopefully adding new stuff within a week or so.
>>
>>54832546
That's not really a slave, especially not the intelligent kind anon is bemoaning the lack of in SR. That's just factory farming.
>>
>>54832643
Ghostspeed, anon.
>>
File: 61582382_p0_master1200.jpg (585KB, 840x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61582382_p0_master1200.jpg
585KB, 840x1200px
>>54831676

The typical rule of thumb in 5e is that 12 dice (average of 4 hits) is good enough for you to consider that a "primary" skill for your character. 9-ish dice is a secondary skill, and 6 dice is "you probably won't really fuck it up under normal circumstances."
>>
>>54832779
What about for street scum/level?
>>
>>54832964
IT's not like the dice mechanics are any different so those levels will still apply, you are just likely to have less primary skills and a much lower chance to go over 12.
>>
File: 49260073_p0.png (1MB, 1415x1000px) Image search: [Google]
49260073_p0.png
1MB, 1415x1000px
>>54832964

I'd say the same rules apply, but your characters won't have as many primary or secondary skills.

If your GM is doing things properly, then that will likely apply to your opposition as well.

Check out the NPC's starting on page 381. An untrained street thug has ~6 dice to club you over the head. A low-level gang member's got 8 dice to shoot you. A gang lieutenant has 9 dice to shank you with his cyberspur.

You probably want to be at least at that level, and ideally a little better.
>>
>>54833029
>>54833049
I'm the dm but I get what you mean thanks chummers.
>>
The Ceaseless Cancer, Gchlgorr'gshmmk
The End Of Entropy
The Unomitting Omnipresence
The Writhing Eternity
The Tesseract Star
A tasty burger.
>>
>>54828034
>>54828093
>>54829126
well shit, i did not know this was a possibility even

how would i go about doing this, would my free Adobe work? any other free software?

i buy my stuff at drivethrurpg if that makes a difference?
>>
>>54834044
You need proper Acrobat, not just Reader. You can snip the security off with SmallPDF's Unlock option, and then the watermark is just a text object on each page that you can delete. I don't think DTRPG put in Javascript or Metadata trackers, but you can check using the Javascript Debugger and Document Properties.
>>
>>54834068
so free software wont cut it? ill see what i can do from work, then
>>
>>54834092
There might be free software that can do it, but I don't have it. That's just my process, there are other ways to do it. If the PDF share thread is up, they can tell you other ways to do it, such as emailing it to MageGuru, who's one of the board's 'professional' cleaners.
>>
Fairly fresh to Shadowrun, and I'll be GMing a game really soon. Looking through the books, though, I noticed there's nothing really there for a table for assorted mooks/monsters etc.
Is there anything that handles this in one of the books?
>>
>>54832964
It entirely depends on what kind of opposition you face. If you're still seeing runner grade grunts, then you need runner grade dice pools. If your problems and targets are actual street level, then you can get away with less.
>>
>>54834389
what edition?
>>
File: 5 Dance.gif (22KB, 192x177px) Image search: [Google]
5 Dance.gif
22KB, 192x177px
>>54834869
>>
>>54834913
in that case look into Howling Shadows for critters. The are also some PDFs floating around with various mooks, but I don't have them handy and likely won't until the next thread.

which reminds me: somebody make the next thread
>>
File: 1441051940963 5e various NPCs.pdf (79KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1441051940963 5e various NPCs.pdf
79KB, 1x1px
>>54834922
1/2
>>
File: 1455083658215 5e NPCs.pdf (57KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1455083658215 5e NPCs.pdf
57KB, 1x1px
>>54835552
2/2
>>
File: 1491172630116.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1491172630116.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>54835559
But wait, since there still isn't a new thread and you are all total trogs, here's an extra
>>
N̶͔̫̯̰͌̏̃̆͋̑̈́È̷̝W̷̝̱̔́͆̀̓̆̿̉̓̈́́ ̵̢̧̩̼̗̤̄́́̃̓͠T̸̝́H̵̡̟̘͕̱̪̘͎̝̘̓͛͌́́͗͘ͅŖ̵̧̠̻͙͈͚̭̹͑͋͋̈́̇͝E̵̪̼̙̝̠͇̊͗Ą̷̝̬̹̦͊̔̄D̸̘̫̯͉͆͌̆̍̒̿̆̑̄̈́͛͜
>>54835641
>>54835641
>>
>>54834113
>>54834068
>>54829126
>>54828093
>>54828034
Right, I'm done stripping it, I think.

>>54831194
Gib mail, so I can send you the pdf. that way you can also check if I did this shit correctly or if some of my info is still in there somehow, before I blast my nut all over the net for everyone to see
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.