[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 19

File: nazi werewolf.jpg (181KB, 920x920px) Image search: [Google]
nazi werewolf.jpg
181KB, 920x920px
Previous thread: >>54738272
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/the-dog-days-of-august-sorta-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Could a vampire eat blood pudding?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>54766591
Probably

But enough of this! Let us continue to figure out the Brotherhood of Nod Endowments!

FOR KANE!
>>
>no new question
Shiggy diggy.

What's the character of the most obnoxious player you ever played with?
>>
Ooops I forgot to change the question! MY BAD!

New thread question!

STAT OUT A NAZI EXPERIMENT GONE WRONG! A PROMETHEAN CREATED FROM WEREWOLF PARTS!
>>
>>54766649
>Shiggy diggy.
What were you expecting when the OP pic was a literal Nazi Werewolf?
>>
>>54766662
Doesn't the core book say that a Promethean won't get any bonuses at all if it's made out of a supernatural creature?
>>
>>54766551
How is Beast like Jojo in any way?

And new monday meeting notes
http://theonyxpath.com/just-another-manic-monday-monday-meeting-notes/
>>
>>54766675
Sorry, I don't cry /pol/ at every little thing.
>>
>>54766753
No one sees beast powers in effect. Plus the 'soul' can just stand in as your aura acting as a stand
>>
>>54766808
Geist is closer.
>>
>>54766640
Sidenote: I'm not really sure how Endowments work.

Would the Marked of Kane and the Black Hand get exclusive Endowments compared to the regular Brotherhood members?
>>
How do Tremere ping on Mage Sight? Does Life/Death Mage Sight gives out their "souless undead" nature immediately? If yes - how do they manage to stay alive?
>>
>>54766841
true. Geist + Beast = JoJo Chronicle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCi_s-vKNBI

Tell me you wouldn't play the shit out of this
>>
>>54766872
>what is veiling?
>>
>>54766724
Yeah, but that doesn't mean that the theme won't make for an interesting character.
>>
>>54766872
What? Tremere aren't undead, just soulless. Stop giving out false news.

And I imagine it is important for them to have some sort of shielding up against someone checking them with mage sight, which probably isn't uncommon among paranoid mages.
>>
>>54766753
There are no negative consequences to being a beast, you are in essence a hero with powers. But you are cursed to always have an arch villain/adversary. Yeah, I can see the jojo aspect right there.
>>
>>54766753
Oh fuck. Leif Jones's garbage is back.
>>
>>54766986
>Leif Jones
who?
>>
>>54766872
Soul Marks would probably out them if it succeeded on a Clash against whatever Veiling spell they had up.
>>
>>54766966
Don't you lose your soul?
>>
/cofd/, thinking of running sundered world with the possibility of more crossover (even if only for antagonists).

I have an easy time imagining how the loose canon of vampires could lead to kindred-like creatures already existing. I've opted out of having angels (either sort) and demons back in 5000+ bce. The mummies literally haven't been buried yet if I am right.

But what about beasts? What do you think they are up to in 5k bce? Is the Dark Mother still the root of all non-spirit spooky monsters?
>>
>>54766995
I mean, poking that far past someone's veiling spell would probably get you beat up by any mage strong enough to he a tremere, lich or not.
>>
>>54766996
Souls aren't worth much in CofD, if I'm not mistaken. The worst that happens to a Beast is that they might get stuck with a fucked up Hunger that makes them a bigger target for Heroes and makes other Beasts go shiggy diggy, but that's not always a given. Dicking over someone else to advance your career can be a Hunger. Stealing sentimental objects can be a Hunger. Baiting big bad men in bars to put their hands on you so you can show them your grrrl power can be a Hunger. Faking your own death and leaving someone guilt ridden at "failing" to save you can be a Hunger. Leaving 'privileged' assholes who comes into your cab in bad neighborhoods where they'll be mugged or worse can be a Hunger.

I'm not making these up. These are fluff examples I remember from the book.
>>
>>54767045
>But what about beasts? What do you think they are up to in 5k bce? Is the Dark Mother still the root of all non-spirit spooky monsters?
I reckon that there wouldn't be as much of a divide between Begotten and Insatiables and heroes would be fucking crazy.

Other than that no idea.
>>
>>54766996
That has no effect in play whatsoever. It's ornamental text.
>>
>>54766996
>Legacy
nah you transform your soul into a soul sucking monster to get around the paradox paradox. other mages can do it too, but the legacy gets rid of the dispel magic problem.
>>
>>54767118
>>54766872
replyed to the wrong one
>>
>>54767068
Depends. Yeah if you did break their spell they would probably try to kill you, but on the other hand you did break their spell so you're likely to be on roughly equal Gnosis terms and have at least Death or Prime over them. But killing you would be a last resort.

If you don't break it they'll probably get out of dodge asap, if they can.
>>
>>54767118
Having a Legacy doesn't really transform your soul all that much. The way the text describes it now, a Legacy shapes the container of your soul, like a pitcher is to water. This way you won't lose you Legacy if your soul is stolen and you get a new one, but your soul is flavored by the container, so people who steal your soul can learn your Legacy from it.
>>
You, as you are right now, get flung into the World of Darkness. What do you do?
>>
>>54766946
Okay, but Mage Sight still gives out "soulless" part?
>>
>>54767215
Find a shirt that isn't covered in dog hair and shorts that don't smell like jizz. Also get some shoes, probably.
>>
>>54767215
Probably nothing much.

Just go back to shitposting on 4chan.
>>
>>54767236
Depends on what kind of Mage Sight. They reveal different things.
>>
>>54767215
Become a Hero and shoot Beasts
>>
>>54767262
Since souls consists out of five subtle Arcana, shouldn't any subtle Arcana Mage Sight give out the "soulless" part?
>>
>>54767196
same net effect. The thing that is you is forever transformed whether that is soul or gnosis is material for another discussion
>>
>>54767314
Which five?
>>
>>54767335
Subtle ones: Fate, Death, Spirit, Prime and Mind.
>>
>>54767335
Fate, Death, Prime, Mind and Spirit.
Kind of like the five Pillars from Mummy.
>>
>>54766596
New Monday Meeting Notes
http://theonyxpath.com/just-another-manic-monday-monday-meeting-notes/

Also Beast character concept.
Hacker who creates ransomware and doesn't recover victims's files when they pay.
He teaches lesson of always backing your shit up.
What do you think?
>>
>>54767314
You forget that Tremere wear stolen souls and steal their auras. Mage Sight should reveal soulless condition of lich who isn't wearing any soul now, but the rest look like perfectly normal mages. The only difference may be that Tremere may wear Sleeper soul and have it's aura, while his soul should be an Awakened one and have difference in the aura. But you wouldn't see that without checking out the aura, and Tremere can just hide his own.
>>
>>54767314
Reading through 2e Mage Sight, I would say Active Death Mage Sight would give it away, and for any of the other four it would take Focused Mage Sight if it's true that souls consist of all five subtle Arcana.
>>
>>54767403
Yes I would like to kill him so it's a preddy gud beast concept
>>
>>54767427
>if it's true that souls consist of all five subtle Arcana
>Souls are insubstantial constructs, wholly invisible except to Death Sight when properly integrated into a person, and visible as vague humanoid auras in the Mage Sight of the five subtle Arcana when removed from a host.
Yeah, looks like you are on spot.
>>
>>54767403
Hello Task force Valkyrie. How are you today?
>>
File: 1478660855417.jpg (2MB, 1448x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1478660855417.jpg
2MB, 1448x2048px
If angels and demons revolve around the God-Machine instead of a true Supreme Being does that retcon the bible? Because in this universe I thought a lot of the bible was true and that God was real since he turned Cain into the first vampire.
>>
>>54767547
You're getting your versions mixed up.

Cain and Abrahamic God were part of oWoD and Masquerade.

Angels, Demons and the GM are part of CofD and the GMC.
>>
File: externallScreaming.gif (866KB, 200x242px) Image search: [Google]
externallScreaming.gif
866KB, 200x242px
>>54767547
>>54767612
What this guy said

owod was all about their is no man at the wheel of reality. There is no greater plan. God has abandoned his creation

Cod is all about "The man at the wheel is FUCKING NUTS and we're all going to die IF we're lucky"
>>
>>54767547
God-Mahcine = CofD
God = WoD.
>>
>>54767215
>Find a Pentacle Mage
>Get him to cast Stealing Fire on me
>Don't actually witness any magic (a safeguard against possible memory loss if dispellation happens), instead become Astral Adept
>By becoming an Astral Adept, you get an innate ability that requires you to be at least a Sleepwalker, therefore it's an ability that makes you a Sleepwalker for real, Stealing Fire no longer necessary
>This method takes longer to get results (three dots vs. one for the Merit, but is by far more gentle than getting prerequisites for Fitful Slumber
>While keeping my nose down, I obsessively dive into my own soul (while trying to obtain Time spells, or ideally Artifacts like the Orb of Swift Dreaming to speed up my dreamquests relative to the real world from Mages in exchange for services, such as holding spells for them)
>With brutal effectiveness and speed and with the help of my Daimon eliminate EVERY SINGLE FLAW IN MY SOUL
>While I may not be able to see it (or maybe I might in my Oneiros), I get a ton of normal *and* Arcane XP (Forge Purpose is a wonderful spell) in a relatively short amount of time
>I strive to improve myself to the limits of human capability and ideally beyond by eventually becoming a Proximus and full Awakened
>Likely Awaken eventually through the sheer force of my Obsession and Will
>Already be an über powerful Willworker from the start
>Do things
>Topple Exarchs, destroy the Abyss, establish Hieraconis
>>
>>54766846
Tiberium Enhancement
>>
>>54767547
You're mixing up game lines, also the bible isn't cannon to owod, it just uses similar characters.
>>
Objectively Correct Venue Ranking

GOD TIER
Wraith
Apocalypse

GOOD TIER
Requiem
Hunter: The Vigil
Lost
Promethean

ALRIGHT TIER
Masquerade
Geist
Hunter: Reckoning
Demon: The Descent

LITERALLY WHO? TIER
Mummy
Demon: The Fallen

BAD TIER
Forsaken
Vampire: The Masquerade - Sabbat
Changeling: The Dreaming
Mortals

KILL YOURSELF MY MAN TIER
Mage
Beast
Fanmade Venues
>>
>>54767694
>Find a Pentacle Mage
Pretty hard to do. Its not like they advertise themselves of anything.
>Get him to cast Stealing Fire on me
With you knowledge of the setting, that could work. More likely, he just takes what he wants from you with Mind magic.
>instead become Astral Adept
How do you become an Astral Adept?
>>
>>54767547
Naw. Vampires just have a lot of possible mythology. Most of it probably wrong.

But the GM doesn't say the bible isn't true (the existence of spirit gods and exarchs says that). The GM took the trappings of the world it squeezed into.

Angels are like spirits because it hijacked spirit blueprints. It may have stolen the design and terminology from some previous true angels/demons. Plus, there is a supernal realm that seems to have angels in it, so the logos of angels existed.

So like all things, who knows what is true.
>>
>>54767759
Terrible list, only mildly redeemed by putting Vigil that high.
>>
>>54767759
>God Tier
>Apocalypse
go back to your hippie commune, you piece of furry shit
>>
>>54767759
Mortals can be pretty fun. You are the ultimate underdog, trying to survive in a world full of nasties.
>>
>>54767777
Found the butt hurt magefag
>>
>>54767792
>>54767777
>t. mage fanboys

Now, now, don't shit your flame-embroidered pants, you might ruin your trenchcoat. And how will you self-insert yourself into your mage character with a shitty trenchcoat?
>>
>>54767812
>>54767828
Nah senpai, i'm a Hunterfag.
>>
>>54767766
>Pretty hard to do. Its not like they advertise themselves of anything.
I thought there was that one Obrimos who Advertised in the "W's" of the phonebook.
>>
File: Leif Jones example.jpg (346KB, 800x1176px) Image search: [Google]
Leif Jones example.jpg
346KB, 800x1176px
>>54766993
>Leif Jones
>who?

An artist. Most of his works are usually not held in very high esteem amongst people on these forums, myself included.

The reason being that Leif Jones' characters all tend to be a bit on the "inhuman" side. As in, they all look a bit like an alien trying to fit inside a human's skin.

Now that's a great thing to include if you're trying to make art of something like the Nosferatu or the Tzimisce (as two basic examples), who are meant to be Uncanny Valley (or obvious monsters), but not so much when they're supposed to be representations of regular humans.
>>
>>54767759
I disagree with the werewolf placements. but I can agree to plenty of good points 8/10 would meme again
>>
>>54767759
>Wraith
The edgiest edge to ever edge in the world of edge.
>Apocalypse
Furfags plz go.
>>
>>54767880
I Am An Angsty Teenager And I Only Like Playing Mage Self-Inserts: The Post
>>
>>54767671
I miss back when the NWOD was, well, the NWOD and modular. Now it fell into the same problems the OWOD fell into.
>>
>>54767862
He's got a few screws loose. I hear he means well, but I wouldn't let him cast on me or anything.
>>
>>54767766
>More likely, he just takes what he wants from you with Mind magic.
If you offer things like holding (if still naturally a Sleeper, than by you undetectable) spells for him, you could become useful enough. There are tons of Sleepwalkers and Proximi serving the Orders.
>How do you become an Astral Adept?
Considering it's called Astral *Adept* and it's about an attunement with your Soul, it's likely done through a sort of conditioning. It's never been really stated by developers or in books, as far as I know.
If the worst happens, I would just have to do with Fitful Slumber, or even with just Stealing Fire. Being a true Sleepwalker would be a more stable state, but direct effects of spells like Forge Purpose are technically not detectable by you, so Dissonance or Quiescence woudn't happen. The same goes for Stealing Fire.
>>
>>54767908
Jeez, what an edgy goth-fag, not liking the based God Machine and all these based chronicles. Go yiff somewhere else, fag!

OWoD = NWoD >>>> CoD
>>
>>54767866
>complains that his characters look inhuman
>posts a nigger
for what purpose
>>
>>54767898
Changelings>Furfags. Go yiff somewhere else.
>>
>>54768004
>Changeling>Werewolf
at what, being fujobait?
>>
>>54767960
Wizards are naturally paranoid. If some random sleeper came up to him and asked to become a Sleepwalker, some mind investigation is definitely in order.
>>
>>54768004
I Am An Angsty Teenager With Dyed Hair And A Tumblr That Says I'm Polygender: The Post
>>
>>54767908
God being self contradictory is far cry from the 4thmalestorm sucking the world into not not void.

It's more why is the world shit? not this is how the world works. It's look behind the Wizard's curtain and the scam artist going -shrug- "I don't know"
>>
>>54767694
>>Find a Pentacle Mage
>And immediately get killed for being a spy
So you're suicidal?
>>
>>54766846
Nah. Just have it as a 5 dot status reward: Better gear.

I'd call their endowments passive attribute boosts more than anything. Sort of like the Ascending Ones, but with less careful alchemy and more "HEY GUYS LETS GO EAT SOME GLOWY ROCKS AND HOPE FOR THE BEST". Anyone can do it, but people with status learn how to shape the rocks they ingest properly.

Kane should still be a Purified, though. I mean, he dies almost every game.
>>
>>54767694
>>Find a Pentacle Mage
>>Get him to cast...
i haven't even read mage and i already know this is a bad idea
>>
A Pentacle Mage might find you if you're from another reality. You'd be a Mystery.
>>
File: 1502053288866.jpg (47KB, 843x453px) Image search: [Google]
1502053288866.jpg
47KB, 843x453px
Can Supernaturals be ghouled in 2e? Or is it only vitae addiction?
>>
>>54768184
Templates don't stack so no.
>>
>>54768184
Mages can't and who cares about the others
>>
>>54768169
At least one of their in-game things is pretty much a bastardized Rite of Return...that sometimes brings people hit with it back as robot zombies.

>Kane should still be a Purified, though. I mean, he dies almost every game.
>I mean, he dies almost every game.
What is this heresy!?
>>
>>54767694
What >>54768183 said. Worse, you have probably read Imperial Mysteries, and know some highly valuable information.
>>
>>54768202
This is why /wodg/ is a steaming pile of baby shit
>>
>>54768239
>baby shit
no we hardly ever discuss Requiem
>>
>>54766996
You just get an upgraded supersoul otherkin
>>
>>54768247
We literally had an ideabouncing around last thread about an Elder (Most likely a Macellarius with Protean) who has to use Primordial Miasma to Feed on his own because he cannot fucking move.
>>
>>54766363
Book suggests to use them as labour machines, point them at Pure territory or keep them off in the distance in case of other Pandorans wandering in.

Or, if you have a pandoran infestation, kill them.
>>
>>54768284
>hey guys look at my fatass oc
this is why we don't talk about requiem
>>
>>54768380
I miss when we had trolls who were subtle.
>>
File: dbzKa.gif (1MB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
dbzKa.gif
1MB, 500x279px
>>54768380
>All mage devolves into
>>
>>54767759
Mage isn't WoD, it's a separate universe about superheroes fighting cosmic entities.
>>
>>54768688
Honestly I kind of prefer their eastern blend. anyone got any news about it's third edition?
>>
>>54768004
Changelings are otherkin at face value, otherkin are a subset of furry. Werewolves are an icon of horror. One of these is not like the other.
>>
>>54768728
Furry is a subset of otherkin
Otherkin also includes angels and demons and fae.
>>
>>54768759
Oi! You! Get off my fucking platform!
>>
>>54768759
Animal fun fact: the only splat that isn't an otherkin of one kind or another is mage
>>
File: 1304527319706.jpg (109KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
1304527319706.jpg
109KB, 600x424px
Is there any expansion or book that has the Pure was playable characters?

Think it'd be a nice change of pace. And seriously fuck the Forsaken.
>>
So now that Diablerie isn't an aura-mark anymore: What would you give the Bohagande for their shiny new bloodline weakness?
>>
>>54767804
Most fun NWoD game I ever played was a 3+ year mortals game where none of us really got any supernatural powers (and if any of us changed and applied a template, like I purposely failed my seeking as an Acanthus Mage because my husband was dying and I was our medic), we would have to retire the PC and leave the game.
>>
>>54768848
You're in luck, there's a Forsaken 1e book called The Pure. It has writeups for the three Pure Tribes, gifts like Disease and such like that.
>>
>>54768866
Make it something like the Changeling Hearth power. Using it on the same target over and over shoves bad luck onto the Bohagande, or when they use it more than their Composure times, tat Composure+1'th time throws bad luck onto them.
>>
>>54768832
How is Hunter otherkin?
>>
>>54768973
Permanent, or over the course of an evening? Reminds me of the Player bloodline.
>>
>>54768832
We're talking about World of Darkness/Chronicles of Darkness splats here, not Mage.
>>
>>54768832
mage are chuunibyou
Middle School students, where it's all in their head
>>
>>54769287
Lucifuge
>>
>>54769370
Over the course of an evening. Essentially your rating 'resets' every day at dusk when you rise (so you can only bad luck one dude so many times a night.
>>
>>54769410
I like it. Fits with their having to move on eventually, too - after a while they can't quite fuck up everyone's day hard enough to stop them being murdery.
>>
>>54768848
>>54768958
http://theonyxpath.com/playing-the-pure-werewolf-the-forsaken/
Here's the rules for playing them in 2e.
>>
>>54769404
Finally another man of reason.
>>
>>54769407
>one conspiracy out of dozen
>while Mage lets you become a furry futa with basic powers
>>
>>54769554
Yeah, but unlike MPREG werewolves, those powers aren't printed in the book.
>>
>>54769630
Um sweety why don't you take that homophobia back to /pol/ thanks
>>
So do mortal magicians no longer need to worry about doubting thomas or people seeing them do their thing? They can just go full sith lord and electrocute the neighbours now if they've got the merit?
>>
>>54769652
>I don't know what /d is
>>
>>54769684
Well that's his problem.
>>
>>54769683
Mages do still need to worry about that, yes. Sleepers seeing you do obvious magic still causes Paradox and will get you in trouble depending on how bad the Veil breach gets.
>>
File: 1477917534351.jpg (356KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1477917534351.jpg
356KB, 1024x1448px
How powerful are Scourges from Slasher in the grand scheme of things?

Could Jason defeat a Vampire?
Could he defeat a Werewolf?
Promethean?
Changeling?
Begotten?
>>
>>54769683
No idea. The supernatural powers from the core book have no such limitations, but Second Sight was not updated.
>>54769858
He's talking about non-Mage wizards from Second SIght, who were interesting but pathetically weak beyond having to spend dozens of merit dots in requirements.
>>
>>54769915
>He's talking about non-Mage wizards from Second SIght
Ah, okay. I wasn't sure. But I thought they didn't incur Paradox or anything in either line because they aren't doing true magick stuff?
>>
>>54769863
>Vampire?
Possible if he goes for the stack to the heart trick. otherwise the vamp can keep fighting as along as there are sexed up teens in the area
>Werewolf?
The battle of regens. If the wolf can figure out Jason's bane it goes to the wolfs
>Promethean?
No idea.
>Changeling?
Changeling has to decide fight Jason or head back to the fae masters. so Jason
>Begotten?
Going to side with Jason. Ever seen Freddie vs Jason? Universally Jason's raw power and resilience is hard to beat. Still you could build a beast to take him down
>>
>>54769950
They suffered from a minor form of Paradox cause by disbelieving normal people on top of all their other limitations, a bit like how it worked in Ascension.
>>
>>54769863
Werewolf probably not.
Vampire maybe.
Promethean probably not.
Changeling yes.

They are tough, and have some tricks. And only taking one damage a turn is hot stuff. But it depends what you let effect them.
>>
>>54769950
>>54769915
It just doesn't mention it anywhere in the GMC book, sadly. I'm inclined to think "no, it doesn't get affected by people eyeballing it", if only because people finding out you're secretly a telekinetic is a good way to get unpersoned and abducted, and everyone else dead.

A lot of the parts from SS were ported over, and the others can be done just as easily - but still, official rulings, blah blah, you get the idea.
>>
>>54770014
I'd hesitate to even call it paradox. It basically boiled down to "haha, fuck you, mortal!" without any real nastiness aside from "it doesn't work'.
>>
>>54770078
Which is still pretty bad, considering how weak sauce most powers were and how much you spent to get them.
>>
>>54770179
Yeah. And doubting thomas was, what, 2 dots?

Given that Vampires can pick up a coil and learn them themselves now (and holy SHIT did coils change for the worse), I'm guessing it's a no. Still.
>>
How many Uratha would it take to bring down a Thyrsus Master?
>>
>>54770306
Anywhere from 1 to impossible for the combined resources and effort of the entire planet.
>>
>>54770306

Exactly twenty.
>>
>>54770355
What if it's raining and a tuesday?
>>
>>54768759
Don't forget celestial bodies
>>
>>54770306
All it takes is a single strike and the mage is dead
>>
>>54770404

Exactly thirty.
>>
>>54770526
If it's a Thyrsus Master? Probably more than one. They do have Life as Ruling, after all.
>>
>>54770306
>How many Uratha would it take to bring down a Thyrsus Master?

Does the mage have any mage or powerful spirit allies?

Is the master prepared? Does he have any dots in Forces?

How powerful are the Uratha?

In any event, taking down a master of any path is damn hard, particularly given their penchant for multiple target/area of effect, no Withstand/Defense, instant-kill attacks and formidable defenses.

No matter the number of woofs, the casualty count will be high.
>>
>>54770306

Why are the local werewolves willing to risk so much to stop one mage?

Is an assault necessarily the best strategy?
>>
>>54770629
Seven and four.
Yes, and no.
Primal urge 9, each, average age of 80 with attendant age retardation of primal urge.
>>
Why did the Get of Fenris support Nazism when they were building factories and shelling Europe into a toxic wasteland. Seems a bit wyrmish if you ask me.
>>
>>54770679
>average age of 80
I'm just going to assume that the Thyrsus is also an old person. Nothing better than old people fighting to the death.

The Master still wins.
>>
>>54770693
Its because, as a species, garou are literally retarded and incapable of learning. Its painted quite clearly in nearly every supplement.
>>
>>54770404
Is this a reference or something? I can't tell, because it's Tuesday and raining where I live.
>>
>>54770714
Its probably because they based them off of native Americans, who show similar behavior, blaming outsiders for their shitty insular culture rife with drug abuse and corruption in leadership.
>>
>>54770526
>implying you could even reach the mage in time
>>
>>54770724
Check: Are there exactly thirty elderly Uratha in your backyard, in Garou form, hobbling on canes toward another old man who has a wand in one hand and a bottle of bowel medication in the other? He's probably slathered in topical ointments. There might be a bevvy of nurses nearby.
>>
>>54770746
The old Mage is clearly faking it. He's getting ready to use Life to turn himself into the Hulk.
>>
>>54770746
A Thyrsus Master wouldn't need medicine or ointments or nurses. They have Life.

Scratch that, just checked. There is indeed a weird old man in my backyard with a nurse. I told him to leave, then he told me to leave for about five minutes. Then a bunch of smelly old people came out of the woods.
>>
>>54770775
Behold the power of the elderly Hulk, as he waddles up a gentle slope to get to the early bird special. Be amazed as he yells at birds, clouds and police officers. Watch as he strokes out at young people using curse words.
>>
HELP

I'm playing a mortals game with contracts that are decided as and when they are needed and bargained for according to a system of equivalent exchange. For fluff reasons my character exchanged his old age for dementia at a later date. He is now a 65 year old inhabiting the body of a 21 year old at peak physical fitness. He also has the ability to turn objects to silver in order to combat what are essentially Fae Klingons (deals unsoakable agg, similar to werewolves).

Our current primary antagonist is a Mage however, however I am unfamiliar with their capabilities. What we do know however is that there may infact be multiple Mages or even a Cabal.

We are currently recruiting allies from other supernatural beings including a straight up Dragon, Werewolves, Spirits and others, however these are being gained in the process of achieving the overarching goal rather than dealing with the Mage.

My question to you is this; how do you shut down a rogue Mage.
>>
>80+ thyrsus master

So he's probably got 5s in 2-3 Arcana then

gg woofs
>>
>>54766596
When I first saw that thumbnail I thought that was a werewolf with tiny legs and an ultra wide body.
>>
>>54770865
The same way you deal with everything else: A large caliber rifle bullet from a secure distance.
>>
>>54770865
Given the non-cannon nature of everything you have going on. Who the fuck knows. ask your ST and do some in game research on it.
>>
>>54770865
>current primary antagonist is a Mage
>I am unfamiliar with their capabilities
>there may infact be multiple Mages or even a Cabal

lol you poor bastard
>>
>>54770629
>Does he have any dots in Forces?
Wouldn't it be Matter with certain Life prerequisites to turn their very bone into silver though?
>>
>>54770865
Mages are invinsible and invubaelrb they are impossible to kill unless your ad mage or a abysmal intitiy
>>
Poison is the only way to deal with mages, right? Magefags too?
>>
>>54771101
As much as I like datura, sniping them unaware is the best option
Feeding some to a werewolf, now that would be interesting
>>
>>54769652
found the SJW
>>
>>54771168
>"sweety"

I think it's just a limp wristed fag
>>
>>54771168
>>54771192
>>54771224
t. homos
>>
>>54770902
You are assuming he awoke at a young age.
>>
>>54771192
Not all gay people are awful. All SJWs are, however. Odds are that said individual is both, of course. Money's on a tranny, which puts them in the worst camp and all, because there are few trannies who aren't awful, narcissistic, attention whores, and we have a few regulars here who are just hilariously prime examples of such.
>>
>>54771032
>Wouldn't it be Matter with certain Life prerequisites to turn their very bone into silver though?

I was thinking about kinetic shield and gravity control
>>
>>54771295
>because there are few trannies who aren't awful, narcissistic, attention whores,
The problem is the vocal ones are all that, so you'd never even notice one who isn't.
>>
>"That's the other stylistic difference between me and Matt - he likes to make player characters relatable, which means emphasising with them, which means their problematic qualities don't get as much attention than in other games. They're still there, just not as emphasised.

By contrast, the thing that jumped out at me about your post was "Do you want to play Evil Mages?"

They.. Uh... They kinda all are. The Awakened are, barring a few saintly and Wise exceptions, Right Shits. I'm firmly in the camp of "anyone who has a gameline about them in the Chronicles of Darkness is morally dubious at best," which bleeds into writing for other people's lines. Like Beast - I've done a few things for the gameline now, and I always approach it from the standpoint of Begotten being, well... Not particularly nice.

As for your first point, though, Dave's History Lesson Time! Atlantis was added very late to Awakening's setting, when the book was already late and had to have a bit of a rethink. CCP didn't crowfund games back then, but if the Begotten's Lessons Culture reminds you of it in the 1st ed corebook implementation, there'd be a reason for that. Only difference is the early draft of Beast without it was publicly available."

Mage's are shitty people from Dave's own mouth.
>>
Where were all the Archmages when the Antediluvians woke up? The Consensus was effectively shattered at that point.
>>
>>54772062
Caine was making sure that they don't interfere
>>
>>54771168
>hating on sjw
>in wodg

No one tell him.
>>
>>54772100
That's literally impossible by light of how Archmages interact with the world.
>>
>>54772062
The strongest of Archmages are too powerful to care. Unless you're a Nephandi. Or perhaps an insane enough Marauder.
>>
>>54771912
Your point?
>>
>>54772062
Having a smoke behind the cosmic bikesheds because fuck you, stop asking awkward questions about the nice metaplot I wrote.
>>
>>54772100
Caine can't do shit
>>
>>54772244
MAGE SUPREMACY is a joke and a sham
>>
>>54772136
Caine is above this world
>>54772270
No
>>
>>54772278
How is that related to them being shitty people at all?
>>
>>54772309
We've been over this before.

2/10 bait
>>
>>54772136
>Archmages can't* interact with the world
Fixed that for you
>>
>>54772404
Some Archmages still can

The Anon's original question was why couldn't they after the Antediluvians woke up.
>>
>>54772367
>we
Don't make me laugh retarded mage fag. Archmages can't even interact with our universe due to the laws God Instituted.
>>
>>54772448
>Archmages can't even interact with our universe

They can't interact with the Consensus
Which only goes out to the asteroid belt
>>
Are we really doing this again?
>>
>>54772062
Why would they care about Earth? Barring that, in a world where Gehanna happened, it was a glorified gang war (as it is being treated in 5e) or mages are not as powerful in that reality.
>>
>>54771376
I know, it enrages me too - I have friends who are such, and they have to deal with prejudices being inflamed by the assholes constantly wiping their asses with social norms, the individuals who spit on the meaning of the word tolerance, and demand supplication and unthinking acceptance of every excess.
>>
>>54772598
I don't think the vampfags ever got over losing the 'caine vs archmage' debate
>>
>>54772475
God is the one who set up the consensus numbnut
>>
>>54772697
I don't believe you. No way you have any friends.
>>
>>54772117
you realise that there are people on the left who play who still find the SJW thugs contemptuous, not everyone is on the *extreme* far left of the spectrum. And moderates on both sides, and even conservatives all the way through to the far right too, at least going by the local Werewolf LARP community.
>>
>>54772728
Nope. That would be the collective subconscious beliefs of the masses.
>>
>>54772728
>>54772778

I mean, humans are individual sparks of a shattered God, so I guess so.

But not really.
>>
>>54771912
Jesus Christ - *facepalm* Stop talking about Dave in such religious tones. Not disagreeing, as mages are faced with a tremendous challenge resisting their innate hunger for exploring mysteries, and the price in morality it costs them.. er .. "hubris" (which is oddly measured in the inverse degree, the lower the number the higher their hubris really is. - shouldn't have been called humility?)
>>
>>54772117
Did you just assume his gender?
>>
>>54772795
>Subconscious is the tiny sparks of god
>Paradox happens when the subconscious call bullshit on magic
>Collective consensus is the only thing stopping mages from casting magic freely
>Collective consensus is the multitude of subconscious
>God Hates mages
Sounds about right
>>
>>54772825
>Stop talking about Dave in such religious tones

Dave is practically the Messiah though. I mean Hieromagus.
>>
>>54772845
More like 'Mages = God'

Which means Mages technically cursed Caine
>>
>>54772731
He made no indication he played Mage.
>>
>>54772750
They will ignore this, or call you right or /pol/ guaranteed, because if you don't support them, you are the enemy.
>>
>>54772750
>horseshoe fallacy
k
>>
>>54772861
That doesn't follow the logic at all. why would mages screw themselves with paradox? That doesn't make sense
>>
>>54772895
What does horseshoe have to do with people of all stripes playing a tabletop game?
Sounds like you just didn't read the post and wanted to trash it.
>>
>>54772937
>Accusation: The post
>>
>>54772825
Does Hubris even really have teeth to it?

Oh nooo, so challenging!
>>
>>54772895
No, not talking political theory or the resemblance of behavior of dictatorships waving fascist and communist flags, just talking about SJWs, their intolerance, prejudices, and brutish/thuggish behavior. Strangely you seem to be reading a bit more into it, however. Where does that come from, and what might that be?
>>
>>54772967
>Doesn't want to admit to committing a fallacy
>Commits more fallacies

I mean, okay.
>>
>>54772967
the only conspiracy theories we talk about include vampires and techno mages. Find another place if you wish to talk of your ridiculous fantasies
>>
>>54772966
Honestly no - since taking control of Mage, Dave has castrated Hubris, and paradox so much they are practically nothing. In fact there is no reason not to dump hubris points to a degree that say Prometheans or Vampires or Werewolves would face serious problems for doing so. Mages love DaveB not because he has mad the game better, but because he has made it easier. he has taken away much of the actual challenge mages faced, even in Awakening 1e.
>>
>>54773009
You meant >>54772895 right?
>>
>>54772987
>Makes Claims
>provides no support
>smug vapidity: the post

Gotcha, puddin'
>>
>>54773020
Oh, shut your trap.

Paradox has always been an issue in Mage. It's either too much(Ascension) or too little(Awakening)
>>
>>54773020
This pretty much. Mages have almost zero downsides as of 2e. Even beasts have more downsides to their powers
>>
>>54773020
It is interesting, whether this is true or not, I realize that these threads lost the anon who would bring down the 'mage reality'.

Whenever people talked about how easy this or that would be to do as a mage, he would always show the actual dice pools required to do it, and show how much you needed in whatever attributes to make it an even semi-reliable roll.

Now that doesn't happen. Magewankers just go 'Yeah a mage could do X' with no respect to the dice pool requires, how much paradox would be kicked up, or what mana cost, whatever.
>>
>>54773052
He's right though - DaveB castrated Hubris even more in Awakening 2e from 1e. Though in 1e it was sort of a situation where some schools had to worry about paradox a little, some not much at all, in 2e, now it's all balanced out by a "don't worry about paradox" status in every school. Except when Mage players are trying to bullshit up how it's actually a horror game.
>>
>>54773048
Wait... who made claims here that need support?

Oh wait, it was you.

>just talking about SJWs, their intolerance, prejudices, and brutish/thuggish behavior.
>SJW thugs/far left
>etc etc

Who else even made claims except that you are from /pol/?
>>
>>54773072
That 'anon' you speak of only represented Ascension, wherein Paradox was too cruel of a mechanic.

Magic was either too difficult or piss easy. Awakening really fixed a lot with Paradox.
>>
>>54773088
>DaveB castrated Hubris even more in Awakening 2e from 1e

He arguably made hubris more thematic than ever before, if you seriously believe magic is easy to get off.
>>
>>54773097
so you have nothing.
yup.

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with browsing /pol/. Deal with it.
>>
>>54773097
Reminder: There is nothing wrong with being "from /pol/".
>>
Mage-haters only arguing in favor of Paradox because they hate how strong Mages are.

Yup, just another day in /wodg/
>>
>>54773162
They seem to know a lot about it for people who haven't played the game, eh?
>>
>>54773135
>>54773153
And there is nothing wrong with 'playing Warhammer 40k', except it makes you a shit, and everyone knows it.

Don't you have some swastikas to jerk off to?
>>
>>54773177
It's not hard to delve into a book, anon.
>>
>>54773097
You don't need to source common knowledge. If anyone hasn't seen SJWs in the wild then they're literally blind and deaf. Just look at the Google HR whistleblower from recently. It's all over the news.
>>
>>54773181
I think I'm done indulging your narcissism actually, sorry. I'll wait for something more interesting and CofD related to come up, you can just seethe at your keyboard until you simmer down.
>>
>>54773162
There's legit nothing wrong with Paradox in Awakening. Overextending is a common occurrence.

I don't think they actually know how it plays out in comparison to Ascension. It's different, but not too lenient.
>>
>>54773226
Cool, you might be waiting a while. The latest stupid mage argument seems to have slowed down to paradox talk.

Meanwhile, the oWoD guys can only argue one thing every thread, and they sometimes forget they were ever talking.
>>
>>54773220
Yeah, that whole fiasco absolutely illustrates the degree of intolerance and pettiness in the SJW camp - it really does echo the thuggery of the Bolsheviks. There is some really crazy shit going on at Google to say the least, the place is a shithole of doublespeak and hostility to open discourse.
>>
what the fuck is this thread
>>
>>54773262
It's downright disturbing that they control as much of the internet as they do. Keep an eye on their "anti fake news" task force too. No more wrongthink on their search service.
>>
>>54773281
SJW whores facing off against /pol/ retards
&
Idiots that can't seem to grasp how Awakening functions

It's a mess
>>
>>54773243
I don't know. If you listen to this thread, it never seems to happen or matter. Maybe you can give some examples to the contrary when people bring up random mage stuff they plan to do.
>>
>>54773281
They put a nazi werewolf in the intro, and /pol/ took it as an invite to complain about... google I guess?
>>
>>54773262
>Argumentum ad nauseam
yawn-
>>
>>54773317
>fallacy fallacy
shiggity
>>
File: PropessionalMage.jpg (53KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
PropessionalMage.jpg
53KB, 960x540px
>>54773314
As much as I like the idea and themes you can play with as the intro pic evokes. You can't trust strangers to be adults about the material until you get to understand your group better
>>
File: 1477938029542.png (542KB, 766x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477938029542.png
542KB, 766x1200px
I want to roleplay as a skeleton. What do?
>>
>>54773484
Play Dnd dumbshit
>>
>>54770693
Because of ill-considered writing early in the line. The Get mostly considered the Nazis to be dumbasses at best in the Revised tribebook, and the rest of the tribe killed the Swords of Heimdall for being wastes of oxygen in the early 2000s.

>>54770714
Their cultural problems actually don't include supporting Nazis, though. They have completely different cultural problems, like justifying the War of Rage to themselves several times per generation.

>>54770729
Looks like someone else needs to go back to /pol/...
>>
>>54773668
I want using /pol/ as a rebuttal to be a bannable offense.
>>
File: Binky.jpg (31KB, 373x523px) Image search: [Google]
Binky.jpg
31KB, 373x523px
>>54773753
>>
>>54766662
>STAT OUT A NAZI EXPERIMENT GONE WRONG

OPP Forums

>>54766649
>What's the character of the most obnoxious player you ever played with?

Dust elemental cowboy who single handely kill his own Fae and didnt remember anything of his past because he was a cowboy but still managed to come back to arcadia. He also was totally clueless of any kind of modern perception and would kill anyone who "disrespect him" and managed to survive in a freehold because the Dm understanding of Changeling society is that it was a society of sociopathic true faes.
>>
>>54773812
And this is a good example of why.
>>
>>54773753
Accusing people of being pol for pointing out clear biases the authors had is weird.
>>
>>54773897
This is the big signal to me that people saying those things aren't White Wolf or OPP fans. Anyone who actually plays the game-lines knows that the majority of writers are either hugely Marxist or trans.
>>
>>54773753
Well if you kept your shitty opinions on your containment board, you wouldn't see it so often now would you?
>>
>>54773958
Who have huge inherit racist hate filled biases that they try to deny and virtue signal against.
>>
File: Thirsty_beast_large.jpg (312KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Thirsty_beast_large.jpg
312KB, 1920x1080px
I happen to like Bloodborne's take on werewolves.
>>
File: snowflakeRL.jpg (105KB, 683x590px) Image search: [Google]
snowflakeRL.jpg
105KB, 683x590px
>>54773881
>>
>>54774037
The Left will never have the self-awareness to truly turn around the term "snowflake." It will always be firmly associated with them no matter how hard they scream and cry about it.
>>
>>54773966
Another example of why. I've never posted on /pol/ and I can count the number of times I've been there on one hand. I haven't made any posts in line with /pol/ at all. But here you are, yelling /pol/.

I don't even understand why you do it. It's not funny. It's not clever. It has no merit in an argument at all, and it makes you look like an ass. I guarantee you if it was a bannable offense these threads would be so much better.
>>
>>54774007
I wish they added more to Bloodborne. That setting was ripe for so much material.
>>
>>54774007
I don't...
>>
>>54774037
>right snowflake
No such thing, buddy.
>>
>>54774007
Why don't you play good games instead?
>>
>>54774101
Bloodborne is a great game
>>
>>54774101
Because the one I'm waiting for isn't out yet.
>>
>>54774145
How do you know it's good if it isn't out yet?
>>
>>54774007
Is it wearing its own flayed skin as a hat? Why does it have abdominal ribs? Is it undead or what? I don't know what's going on here
>>
File: nue.jpg (57KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
nue.jpg
57KB, 480x269px
>>54774160
well, maybe it might be debatable if it is Good or not. What I seek is the new LCG version of L5R.
'side from that, least there's Nioh
>>
>>54774227
>LCG version of L5R
That sounds great, who is developing it?
>>
>>54774242
FFG
>>
>>54774242
Fantasy Flight Games.
>>
>>54774184
>Is it wearing its own flayed skin as a hat?
From the method of flaying, evidently.

>Why does it have abdominal ribs?
Dunno. It's been horribly mutated into a beast, so that might be why.

>Is it undead or what?
I don't think so.
>>
File: l5c01_shiba-tsukune.png (269KB, 300x418px) Image search: [Google]
l5c01_shiba-tsukune.png
269KB, 300x418px
>>54774242
What we've seen so far has me pretty excited. Can't wait for October to get a box and see if I can get friends into playing the game.
>>
I personally apologize for partially jacking the thread.
>>
>>54774294
Yeah. I'm excited, but at the same time I know I'll have no one to play with soon enough.

I played Netrunner and Star Wars when they first came out, and now I don't play either of them. They've escaped me.

Oh well.
>>
>>54774445
We have a decent Netrunner scene in my area, it might just be store to store culture.
>>
>>54774804
My local store is just Magic, YGO, and X-wing.

Not that I don't love X-wing. I just feel the card game itch, and X-wing doesn't do it.
>>
>>54774854
We have an FFG scene, but yeah lots of MtG.
>>
Question for Storytellers (cofd/nwod I guess, since I don't know or care about how it was in wod)

How do you guys tend to describe spirits? Not like, spirits that are claiming or whatever, just... spirits in the shadow, or ones that have come over and are just chilling.

Do you go with a like 'sprite with features related to their nature' thing, like 'this fire spirit looks like a featureless child with fire hair'.

Do you go with 'just like what they represent, with some pizzaz' like 'The Fire-Who-Won't-Be-Quenched' is just a giant talking bonfire?

Maybe go featureless thing until it is important enough to have a name?

I can never decide which angle I should go with, and I haven't come across any book that actually helps.
>>
>>54773286
I know, right. The sheer aggressiveness of their war against "wrongthink" would be comical if the historical precedent weren't so horrific and ultimately bloody.
>>
>>54770729
Sad but true. Elders are the greediest fuckers you've ever dealt with, with no care for who they represent, half of them control the crystal dealers themselves.
>>
>>54773958
Knowing and being pleased with and accepting are two different things. It hasn't always been this way, the product was better when the climate was shall we say a little more "center left" if you want to be /pol/ or "sane" if you want to be honest.
>>
>>54774076
And ultimately it doesn't matter if you did. It's pure shitpost, trying to bring an entirely new argument into the thread.
>>
>>54774160
I'm sure he pre-ordered *facepalm*
>>
They're back...
>>
>>54774325
Fuck off tripfag.
>>
Quick question. Are mages as powerful as described in these threads and the OPP forums? Or could, say, a vampire of sufficient degree reliably go up against one?
>>
>>54775172
Here is the thing.

In a white room scenario, a mage wins.

White room scenarios are stupid.

There are plenty of situations where a vampire could beat a mage.

Just not when the Mage has been told five days in advance he will be fighting a vampire in a big empty room where both combatants get to bring one favored weapon to, ya dig?
>>
>>54775172
Wizards are wizards. If a vampire decides to directly combat a man of magic, he deserves to get thoroughly trounced.

>>54775199
It's not like a mage needs five days in advance. Spontaneous magic is decisive in the hands of a creative magus.
>>
>>54775237
and also more difficult, prone to failure, prone to making the mage implode on themselves, and difficult to do with an audience.

Vampires on the other hand can do their work in front of certain audiences, and have no compunction about letting her rip in more scenarios than a mage will. As social parasites.

If the mage doesn't know the proper arcana to assist them in the fight with a vampire, they are more likely to just piss the vamp off than deal the damage they need. If they don't have something that is going to deal agg damage, then they are probably just doing a bunch of bashing.

etc etc etc, like I said it is all about the scenario.

I know dismissive 'mage wins' posts are the go to joke around here, but I would rather have conversations now.
>>
>>54774955
It depends. As I see it, their forms can be mutable, and I just kind of go on whim, with no real set rules.

I've only run one chronicle, but some examples off the top of my head,

Spirit of the city, appeared to simply be the form of the city's original mayor, in period dress, but within the new city hall (which was actually essentially him - he actually used faceless "city clerks" throughout the interior to run the PCs around on various tasks before the real meeting, but they were all part of the whole).

A spirit of an auto plant a queen ant made of rolled steel and manufacturing robot parts, with a colony of lesser spirits serving her needs and working the plant, and protecting the lines from the steel foundries and other related sites in the city.

Those two were the two BIG ones.
>>
>>54775298
>and also more difficult, prone to failure, prone to making the mage implode on themselves, and difficult to do with an audience.

This isn't Ascension
>>
>>54775298
Mages don't need 'proper arcana' to deal with Vampires. Even Life will send them flying into a land of regret.
>>
>>54775344
See, I've done a mix.

Animal spirits I tend to have them close to whatever animal they represent. Like, even if an Eagle spirit has started to represent something greater, he still looks like a giant Eagle, but may have other aspects like eyes that always watch you, or feathers that seem to glow like the sun.

But when it comes to mote spirits up to weaker but dangerous spirits, I wonder if it is better to have them just be globs of stuff, or look like walking things with parts of the original thing all stuck in them.
>>
>>54775345
>>54775395
These are the guys you ignore when you are actually trying to run an interesting chronicle.
>>
>>54775406
Why? Because magic is excruciating in Ascension but not in Awakening?
Or is it because your inner self cannot fathom that some things don't mesh well with others?

Either way, hate Mage(old n' new) all you want. It doesn't change how broken it is when used outside of itself.

Not that crossover isn't possible, right?
>>
>>54775457
See, they're utterly useless people. Their posts don't really accomplish much but to dismiss stuff and try to stir shit up.
>>
File: DaveB PopTartSupremacy.png (26KB, 1275x286px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB PopTartSupremacy.png
26KB, 1275x286px
>>54775395
>>54775237
>>54775172
>>
>>54775396
For motes, I'd make them motes, like little gouts of flame, whispers of wind or mist, bubbling rivulets, small, but clearly alive.
>>
>>54775570
Mage is DaveB's game and his cross to bear, his take on the power level is as much covering his ass as putting his head in the sand.
>>
Since we're all furiously masturbating over DaveB, does anyone have that PDF with a list of collected posts from him?
>>
Anyone who has actually read through Vampire 2e... why are Strix owl related?

Wtf are they even? Like, of all the built up lore of Vampire, why owls made of shadows that act like spirits?
>>
So. Nameless Orders. Anyone come up with any decent ones, plus benefits from the mystery cult initiation?
>>
>>54773484

Play VtM, and roll a character as a Samedi or as a Harbinger of Skulls.
>>
>>54776737
They're things out of the lower depths. Shadow beings. They lack physicality and love the physical aspect of life, so I'd guess aspects of that are what their Depth is missing.

I don't know why owls, but eh. There's a lot of weird old legends about birds, and owls specifically.
>>
>>54776740
I'd would create one...if I was actually able to think up a name for it.
>>
File: Wisdom of DaveB 8-1-17.pdf (758KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Wisdom of DaveB 8-1-17.pdf
758KB, 1x1px
>>54776667
>DaveB, does anyone have that PDF with a list of collected posts from him?
>>
Go away Dave Cultists
>>
>>54776960
The Cult of Dave would be a great Nameless Order though.
>>
>>54776960
>>54777030
>Cult of the Komodo

ftfy
>>
>>54777070
Seeing as there was talk of a Komodo Pangean rather a long time ago, this might make sense
>>
>>54777100
Pangeans have access to Supernal magic as well, if I remember correctly.
>>
in this moment, I am euphoric, not because of any phony exarch's blessing, but because I am enlightened by my own Gnosis.
>>
>>54777154
It is the greatest high, isn't it?
>>
>>54777146
Are Pangeans limited by Arcana?

I ask purely because I wish to know which Paths would readily follow Komodo Dragon.
>>
File: AdherentsOfDaveB.png (41KB, 1274x418px) Image search: [Google]
AdherentsOfDaveB.png
41KB, 1274x418px
>>54777030
>>54777070
>>
>>54776740
I have 'The Ferrymen' for my game set in St. Louis.

They're a small regional order that's slowly being absorbed by the Mysterium. Their focus is based on the main mystery in the area 'the tides of magic'. The various rivers and streams feeding into the mississippi form ley lines which are constantly tracing out complex runes in high speech. Which allows mages to take advantage of or suffer from an environmental yantra (stuff like all death spell for the scene have 4 extra free reach, prime spells only require 3 success for exceptional for the scene, all spells cause paradox for the scene, double the mana cost from casting from common arcana, etc.)

The Ferrymen are dedicated to cataloging, predicting, and trying to alter the flow of the local ley lines. St. Louis has recently come under the control of the diamond and the order is split among mages who want to remain independent and mages that want to take advantage of the larger resources and influence the Mysterium can provide.

• To predict the tides the initiate must have an awareness of precedent (gain academics specialty local history)
•• The tides are an incredible resource and every mage would like a head start on upcoming changes for their own obsessions (Gain Contacts • Awakened)
••• The tides can shift quickly and the ferryman must be able to respond (Gain • dot in Investigation)
•••• A ferryman with a proven track record can be the lynchpin for a plan years in the making. Remember to tip the boatman. (Gain Resources •, Status: Councilium ••)
••••• A master ferryman has earned the privilege to reside in 'Stillwater' at the very convergence of all the ley lines (Basically a badass order sanctum with vast magical and mundane resources at your disposal)
>>
>>54776826
Just pick some local folklore, or something from the natives in your area. If there are any. Like, 'lodge of the dreaming' for Australia, or "Ooga booga get in my belly" for PNG.
>>
>>54777146
>pangaeans have access to gifts and supernal magic
now hol up, you be saying da chanjin breeds wuz godz n shieeet?
>>
As a Moros, if I dress my skeletons can I avoid Quiscience?
>>
>>54778245
Yes. You'll want some padding - raid an 80's clothes store for shoulderpads, that sort of thing.
>>
>>54778292
best fashion for my skellingtons?
>>
>>54778292
>raid an 80's clothes store for shoulderpads
Only one Mage has fashion sense quite that dated...Balthazar Bratt!
>>
Zombies are better for fashion. They have meet in their bones
>>
>>54778347
Hoodies with shoulder pads, big baggy workman's cargo pants (the kind with lots of built in pads for 'comfort' to disguise the complete lack of flesh), heavily padded boots so their feet don't move too much, winter gloves, sunglasses, hats, scarves.

if you've got the Matter, maybe transfigure a box of latex gloves into shitty latex face masks to wear under that, to hide any hint of bone.
>>
>>54778292
Oh lord, the shoulder pads. My first love was a *very skinny* - not anorexic, but just a very tiny, skinny girl, and we're talking in the heyday of the 80's shoulder pad fashions - well a little after, she was um, a little behind the times, but I adored her, but now you are conjuring up the memories. Aaah first love, it's never the same after.
>>
Death Matter Mind Party with your boney bros
>>
>>54777247
That's really interesting.
>>
>>54777070
Order of the Komodo, we're too dignified to acknowledge that we're a drooling gaggle of cultists. Our hubris is waaay too far off kilter.
>>
>>54776815
A lot of cultures seem to associate owls with death, bad luck, disease and other spoopy things. Not mine, I think they're neat, majestic, pretty fucking awesome birds, as I used to have a pair of barn owls (quite appropriately) living in my barn growing up - they were with us for about 20 years then one died I think because only one still shows up on occasion. Cool animals. As such, the Strix just don't click with me as menacing from the owl imagery.
>>
And.. it's new thread time!
>>54778499
>>54778499
>>54778499
>>54778499
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.