[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: mtgmindrot.png (137KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
mtgmindrot.png
137KB, 223x311px
Im getting into Magic The gathering and I want to buy a fat pack to have some fun opening cards, which one should I get? My options are:
>Amonkhet
>Hours of Devastation
>Aether Revolt
Which one has the most """value""" or at least fun to play cards?
>>
>>54765366

>I want to burn money like an idiot, how should I do it, /tg/?

Go for Hours, totally man.
>>
>opening packs
why you hate your money so much?
>>
>>54765366
you should do drafts, OP
>>
>>54765366
>I want to buy a fat pack to have some fun opening cards
don't
>>54765892
this
>>
Buy singles online with a deck already in mind. Wizards of the coast isn't a good enough company to justify giving them as much money as it takes to build an actual deck.

If you enjoy the feeling of opening packs and building decks, then Limited is an entire format designed around that, and it's not an entire ripoff because you're paying for the experience of competing and the potential to win prizes in addition to mediocre cards
>>
>>54765366
>>54765788
>>54765892

Some people enjoy just cracking some packs
>>
>>54766517
>new guy wants to play mtg
>buys a fat pack
>opens shit
>no cards to play nor the money
great advice m8
>>
I usually buy the premade decks and modify them with some packs, i find its a good way to make a cohesive deck thats still unique for me
But I understand the feeling of opening a fat pack though. Just so addictive.
>>
>>54766438

I dont really know the synergy between the cards so I dont even know what I want to go for with my deck or what cards are good in general
>>
this is why they need to bring back the core sets. they had a product for the core set called the collection starter, or something. it was a long box that came with like 150 or 200 pre-determined cards, including some multiple copies, from the core set, plus another 100 or so random cards, plus all the basic land you need.

and it went for like $40 us. sounds dumb, until you remember that the core sets had lightning bolt, preordain, mana leak, giant growth, murder. in short it came with cards from a set designed to have lots of meat and potato staples.

but WotC didnt sell quite as many packs of their beginner line as they did of the sets that get ritually opened en masse every week at drafts,so they canceled it. because WotC is smart like that.
>>
>>54766714
Its called deck builder and I have one of those (M15) But I wanted to get something to play in standard
Because M15 are outdated? Correct me if Im wrong
>>
isn't buying a collection from ebay the best way to get some bulk stuff?

if you want to build toward standard or want to buy official products you should do draft or sealed events.
>>
>>54766738
yeah m15 is outdated. core was so important; kept important things in rotation, and they just ditched it.
>>
>>54766593
Well it wasn't exactly my advice, it's what he said he wanted to do.

I don't think the best way to get someone into the game is say "hey buy a bunch of singles to make an exact deck you want right away"
>>
>>54766863
Wasnt Origins pretty much the 16 core set? And arent they bringing a core set back in 18?
>>
>>54765366
Youre going to be greatly dissapointed that the last 4 years of sets have completely deminished in "value", with the past 2 years being extremely bad.
>Amonkhet
>Kaldesh
>Innistrad 2 electric boogaloo
>Zendikar 2 shit boogaloo

Honestly if you want to have fun find a box of Origins or M15 for the cheap. If not your gonna be dissapointed. These last sets are so heavily designed toward drafting and sealed events they're barely competent for constructed. Plus the past 3 years has seen a huge drop in complexity and power because good gameplay hurts peoples feelings.

Bottom line its the worse time to get into Magic, which is ironic given all the effort wizards has been making to spice things up.
>>
>>54766714

>>54766738

Deck Builder's Toolkits. They still exist, for each large set if I'm correct. So Amonkhet.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.