[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medieval America General #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Medieval America 2.jpg (69KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
Medieval America 2.jpg
69KB, 700x467px
>54750123

Continued discussion of the setting inspired by the post-apocalyptic medieval America mod for CK2, "After the End."

TL;DR
>Medieval knights, vikings, and steppe hordes roaming the territory of the United States
>A quasi-Roman cult based around the Founding Fathers and some subsequent presidents
>Minnesota Vikings become actual Vikings
>>
File: Medieval America.png (433KB, 1490x763px) Image search: [Google]
Medieval America.png
433KB, 1490x763px
>>54763983
Wow. I fucked that shit up.

Old thread:

>>54750123
>>
File: American Knight.jpg (53KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
American Knight.jpg
53KB, 550x550px
ITT we talk about a truly apocalyptic setting where people have to literally rebuild their civilization -- worse than the collapse of the Roman Empire. It's been a few hundred years, some remnants of the Old World survived (like Mt. Rushmore) but they're seen as the remnants of Gods who came before. Myths of Old America have been passed down and warped over time. Castles, fortresses, and knightly battle cover eastern sea-board while competing hordes of "cowboys" and plainspeople roam the West.

In the old capitol, a cult has arisen, offering worship to a pantheon of Founders: Washington, Jefferson, Hamilton...
>>
>>54764004
Is this supposed to be After the End?
>>
>>54764139
Heavily based on, but trying to avoid the more silly aspects.

For example New England's Occultists aren't actually taking Lovecraft literally, but more a development of neopaganism, wicca, and isolated family ritualism. Also probably wendigos and similar.
>>
>>54764139
I dunno. Read the OP maybe?

Inspired by ATE but axeing some of the stuff that we don't like and replacing it with better stuff?

Also the "Holy Columbian Confederacy" doesn't exist. It's a bunch of kingdoms and principalities in Dixie who occasionally come together against outside threats and have been temporarily united in the past, but are not united.

In the previous thread, people had various treatments for some of the states, including Virginia.
>>
>>54763983
The Key, I think is to take off from one of the posts in the last thread.

Take your state. Come up with what's going on it.

For example, Virginia: >>54757469
>Virginia
Well, first things first, the D.C. area is naught but glowing ash and the occasional ruined memorial or archive. For humor's sake I'd say the Librarians of Congress are constantly digging shit up around there to try and preserve as much as possible.

Much as it is in the modern day, Hampton Roads is still a mess of squabbling cities not wanting to do the obvious thing and band together like every other metropolitan area. Holding Norfolk is probably a big deal, assuming it isn't also glowing ash, on account of being a bigass naval base.

Every generation or so some King/Prince-Governor/whatever the term'll be decides to whip out the ol' colonial charter and make a go for some of the old borders. This hasn't won many friends in West Virginia or Kentucky.

A bunch of shadowy tattered orders of what was once the alphabet soup of federal agencies skulk around, following centuries-old COG plans without any real leadership.
>>
I think Missouri would be EVEN more split up than in the map you posted. Mid-Mo is pretty different culturally from either STL or KC. You likely have some sort of confederation or loosely organized commune system in the Ozarks extending into Arkansas (maybe centered in Springfield). STL is likely part of or maybe the dominant city of some kind of Mississippi River Valley power the geography just encourages dominating the river as a means of trade and war. Whether the Missouri River is equally important (and therefore what's the deal with KC) depends on whether any of the western states have anything to trade or take.
>>
Same guy as above sorry just thought of something Jeff City likely does not exist. It's a stupid little useless town that was put there only for governance. If Missouri is not unified (as I suspect it wouldn't be) Jeff City likely isn't a thing.
>>
>>54764911
>>54764938

Draw a map of Missouri yourself and assign petty kingdoms, duchies, City-States, and baronies to it.
>>
I probably have some notes laying around on my old post-apoc America setting.

>post-cyberpunk world goes through WW3
>nuclear, biological, chemical weapons, nano weapons and grey goo is used
>human society collapses to the point of near extinction
>machine intelligences that survive WW3 have no more human guidance and go full on singularity
>the new machine gods bulldozer almost all ruins of society to construct bodies fit for a machine god and they all leave for orbit/the stars

Basically 1000 years later, humanity is slowly advancing back to medieval tech levels, occasionally visited by preaching sky wizards (former astronauts and moon/mars base inhabitants) that worship the steel gods that live among the stars.
>>
We need some help with the Midwest/Southwest.
>>
>>54766555
West of the Mississippi you've probably got a return to cowboys.

When things broke down, farms became abandoned or lost, cattle grazed wild, and roamed wide.
The new pioneers and survivors have to herd them to bring food and leather to cities across the great plains.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.