[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Custom Space Marine chapters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 47

File: Black_templar_chaplain.jpg (326KB, 1137x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Black_templar_chaplain.jpg
326KB, 1137x1024px
Do you guys make your own custom Space Marine chapters? I want to hear about them.

I'm a big fan of 40k, but not so much the crunch side because I can't afford the hobby (I do watch some games as a spectator now and then). The fluff, writing and opportunity for text role-playing is what fascinates me and I've been wondering about making my own custom Space Marine chapter.

Is there a resource or skeleton you guys use to create them? I'd love to see some examples!
>>
You can use one of the rolling tables found online to stat out homeworld, hated foe, etc.

I go with established chapters then make up biographies from there based on who keeps jobbing and who acts heroically
>>
>>54762582
Google 1d4chan space marine tables. Back in 4th Ed you could custom make your own chapter, there were rules for it. Those days are gone sadly but the spirit lives on in these charts /the/ made based on them. It's pure fluff now no Homebrew. But that's fine.
>>
File: ia-fleshtearers.pdf (400KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
ia-fleshtearers.pdf
400KB, 1x1px
>>54762582
>Is there a resource or skeleton you guys use to create them? I'd love to see some examples!
Check out the Bolter and Chainsword.
It has a subforum dedicated solely to custom chapters and the writing thereof.

There are a series of articles of dos and don'ts, a collection of relevant information like founding dates, list of successor chapters etc too.

They'll help you to write an Index Astartes Article in the same vein as they used to be published in White Dwarf.
>pdf related.

You can use an outline, or 'skeleton' like this article as inspiration for writing your own.
Homeworld, Chapter origins, doctrine, preferred ways to wage war and Chapter customs and folklore or genetic quirks and their relation to other Chapters or the rest of the Imperium is always good.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/249631-diy-resources/
>>
>>54762582
Don't use tables like a fag, use your imagination.
>>
File: Eagles of Liberty 3.jpg (415KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Eagles of Liberty 3.jpg
415KB, 768x1024px
>>54762582
Sounds like you need some guidance. The Eagles of Liberty can help you find your freedom!

First start with a color fill template. Then color it in the only colors that don't run. RED WHITE & BLUE. (You could possibly use other colors, but who would do that?)

Then you decide who your papa is. The Eagles of Liberty's progenitor is the Second Primarch, Samalaré the Patriot, who was purged for rebuking the Tyrannical Imperium. You can choose to have a geneseed of a different Primarch than Uncle Sam, though. All space marines come from one of the Primarchs geneseed. Most come from Ultramarines. You have to decide why his particular chapter was made, either to protect an area, kill a specific threat, because the Tarot said so, etc.

Then you choose if you follow Big Blue's Big Book of Basassery (The Codex) & what kind of formation & Doctrine your dudes follow.

After that you are pretty much good to go. Make up a cool backstory, like how the Eagles of Liberty followed old Uncle Sam who was found by some proto-Rogue Traders as a baby, who met with a ton of alien races & cultures & followed the belief than every man was his own king. The Wolf ate the Eagle despite his Naval might in a battle on an alien planet. Russ turned his guns on the populous to draw the Patriot & his men out as they moved to protect the innocent. Russ then bombed everything to smoulders. The Patriot lived but without his allies & wounded from the blast. Russ killed him in a dual. The few Eagles of Liberty now fly free at the edge of the Imperium tryi g to fight the good fight & save the people from the evil commie Tau.

It doesnt have to be so glorious as this but you get the idea
>>
File: 1498269761014.png (955KB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
1498269761014.png
955KB, 2480x1748px
>>54768073
Here is a black color fill chart for you.
>>
>>54762582
I did, they are Ultramarine successors that have high psycher abilities and have adopted some T'au ranged weapons. I wrote a 5 page lore for all the main guys, including one time the Emperor manifested himself for them to congratulate them on stoping Chaos.
>>
>>54768073
Looks like a clown, man.
>>
File: 9SxV2zF.jpg (381KB, 1919x1279px) Image search: [Google]
9SxV2zF.jpg
381KB, 1919x1279px
>>54768073
Are they Codex-compliant?
>>
I have my Dragon Knights. I know it's not the most original thing to play up the whole knight part of the Astartes, but I don't really see anyone go with bikes to imitate how knights mostly fought, on horseback.
Made them a White Scars successor that settled on a feudal world. Their Serfs subtly cause bad blood between the kingdoms so that there will always be a heated reason for war.
They take the most promising of squires, especially from the houses that have produced space marines in the past. The Sororitas have a strong presence on the planet. The order Famulous keeps heresy out of the noble blood.
Like most planets, genestealer cults have formed in the swamps/deeper forests while feral orks roam the mountainside. Scouts often dispatch of Warbosses-to-be before they get a good Waaaagh! going.
>>
>>54768899
They are the remnants of a Legion who lost, with a Primarch murdered because he believed in Freedom, & fled to deep space before the Codex was even penned

No, no they are not. They are old school Legion compliant
>>
File: Knights of the Starlight Hawk.jpg (384KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Knights of the Starlight Hawk.jpg
384KB, 768x1024px
Knights of the Starlight Hawk
Fleet based
Drop Assault
Most likely Salamander Progenitor
Understrength
Mostly Codex Compliant, but with a few but significant deviancies.
Tasked with reconnecting/reconquering worlds lost in the Dark Imperium.

Chapter recruits solely from the offspring of Space Marines, either fathering children before receiving the Black Carapace & final transformation, or donating seed. They initiate any willing descendants, even those not directly father-son. It is not unheard of for a nephew or grandchild to be the only one to succeed the grueling trials, those that do not live up their ancestors usually find other ways to help their family. Family is important to them & so is inheritance, most arms & armor being inherited. The rank of Chapter Master is an inherited title, as well as the leaders of each Company. They are led by the young but promising Lord Bradley. He succeeded his father after his death during a battle while the fleet was besieged by Chaos on an unrecorded world. The battle seemed hopeless but the young marine, at the time leading the Scout Company, received a vision of a twinkling hawk blue & light grey, leading him deeper into ruins of some old forgotten civilization, possibly from way back to the Old Ones. Inside a defensive citadel they found a large crystalline sculpture of a winged birdlike creature. The rest of the ragged marines held fast while the Chapters few tech priests & Tech Marines investigated the artifact, it had some kind of effect on Warp, activation of the artifact turned the tide against the demonic host attacking the Chapter, allowing them to be fight free & escape back to their fleet. Renamed the Knights of the Starlight Hawk, they have interred the artifact upon their flagship Starstorm within the Chamber of the Hawk.
>>
I was just posting over in the 40k general

My dudes are a group of renegade Dark Angels lead by a dead Dreadnaught being puppeted by a 1st Legion Techmarine by orders of Cypher.

Still hashing out the details. Input is appreciated.
>>
>>54769019
Neophytes are required to meditate there as their last trial. For some will gain visions or guidance, for others nothing, & some are found dead, with their eyes burned out. The Hawk is sometimes glimpsed or seen by marines, always leading them to safety or to where they are needed most, & some say that the Hawk itself guides the fleet through the Great Scar.

The fleet has a huge civilian population, with the idea being they would serve as a Hive to repopulate the worlds the Chapter finds during thier voyage.
The entire Chapter is Primaris & supported by Scions who are mostly other important nobles of the civilian fleet. The capitol of the fleet is the voidship Venturous.
>>
Bump while I compile my info
>>
Knights Forbearant
Fleet based, centered on the flagship 'Longanimity'
Tactics: Search and Destroy
Progenitor: Imperial Fists
Strength: Nominal
Codex Compliant with doctrinal variations
Founding Purpose: Crusade; invasions of Imperial Worlds

Created as Imperial Fists successors in the Ultima Founding, the Knights Forbearant act as the scalpel to remove the cancer of Chaos and malign Xenos incursions wherever they roam from the Imperium. While they have inherited their steadfast mannerisms from their progenitors, a geneseed mutation has caused members of the Knights Forbearant all have a tenuous connection to the warp, and with this connection they are able to sense the emotions of other as empaths.

As a result of this, the Knights Forbearant must undergo an extensive training regiments to ensure that they are able to withstand the mental agony that the battlefield will bring them, as they can sense the pain and death of those around them, and it is not unheard of for newly created neophytes to commit suicide after their first battle. Those that survive to become fully fledged Astartes are some of the most resilient of their kind.

Their mutation makes many of them sympathize more with the people of the Imperium, and while their hardened exterior make them seem distant, more then the occasional world has seen a good deed done by a Knight stationed there, if only their lives a little easier for a time.
>>
File: 1499297944629.png (680KB, 722x848px) Image search: [Google]
1499297944629.png
680KB, 722x848px
>>54770169

plot twist: the hawk is actually a daemon prince in disguise
>>
File: Scourge-Eagles.jpg (372KB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
Scourge-Eagles.jpg
372KB, 2480x1748px
Scourge Eagles
21st Founding; White Scars Gene-Seed
Fleet based, they like flamers, meltas, missile launchers, autocannons, boarding actions, infiltration and favor hit and run style attacks.

I play them with Jump Packs and Bikes with a little mix of skimmer/flyer support. I wont bother going into lore because I trigger some anons a little too effectively.
>>
>>54773237
I'm curious now. Why does it rustle jimmies?
>>
>>54762582
I'm also a fan with no means of paying for it.

I had made up the Sons of Barca. Current Chapter Master: Hannoba'al Melqart, the Eldest. The chapter lost most of their prior history when their homeworld was scorched by a Emperor’s Children warband called Spawn of Asag. The chapter participated in the event known as the Silence of Leyak, where they lost a second homeworld, their entire 1st Company and other battle-brothers plus equipment such as terminator armors. This leads the chapter to prefer being fleet-based.

Cruising the stars for thousands of years, they had relations to rogue traders to the point of lending a scout squad. They lost all their terminator armour, acquired an ironclad-pattern battle barge, became focused on boaring tactics and ramming the ever loving shit out of their foes. The prow was a monolithic brick of cast adamantium with internal systems carved in.

Their battle-plate is covered with bonding studs to the point of being called "brigandine pattern". They also have doru-pattern lascutters for their 1st Company, the "Sacred Band". Scout armor is sealed for void combat.

They recruit from voidborn people, including the tribal spacers crewing their own ships. But to be worthy, one must survive boarding an enemy.

They have customs based on consumption of brains. Neophytes must prove resilient to the side-effects. A full battle-brother suffers a trepanation in the forehead which is then covered with an adamantium purity seal inscribed with the Chapter symbol. Service Studs are bolted around this seal. Their skin is usually darker. The constant exposure to cosmic radiation in space made this a permanent quirk of the Melanchromic Organ.

They recently adopted a new homeworld whose population has the required humbleness and space-like mentality: Sabratha V, a gas giant whose billion-strong population lives mostly in floating refineries and the PDF dogfights with the local fauna.
>>
>>54773736
This, I like this.

Baal Hamon be praised
>>
>>54768073
>Current Chapter Master?
>Donaldus Trump
>Battlecry?
>Make Imerium Great Again!

MIGA heraldry, plastered in full along the length of his power sword, and engraved in acronym on every bolt he fires.

>Favorite Tactic?
>BUILD THE WALL! BUILD IT HIGHER!
Calls in pinpoint teleports of Termie's in a wide spread pattern, often bisecting enemy lines to divide and conquer!
>>
>>54774372
Trump is a Tyrant. So no.
The Eagles of Liberty, are big believers in everyman/xenos has a right to be free & armed. But not to the extent that they themselves become tyrants. Think Teddy Roosevelt, or the founding fathers.
>>
>>54773308
Im not that anon, but ive seen his posts. I wont reveal was it is, its up to him if he wants to share.
It isnt actually that bad. Just an interesting quirk that isnt nearly as bad as some stuff people come up with. But in a few "your dudes" threads it really triggered some dude
>>
File: 1446419770249.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1446419770249.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>54775669
>>
>>54772941
Its actually a navigational warp entity designed by the Old Ones before they made the Webway. Its how they got around with ships without a Navigator or Astronomicon
>>
>>54768985
Wish 40k had a LOT more custom legions and whatnot with primarchs and stuff because fluff balance aside, I believe the chapter codex rules really limit imagination.

Hell Guilliman broke his own damn codex rules too and clearly didn't give a fuck.
>>
File: 1491431671694.jpg (49KB, 322x484px) Image search: [Google]
1491431671694.jpg
49KB, 322x484px
>>54762582
I sorta melded The Iron Warriors, The Minotaurs, and the Red corsairs into a chapter who doesn't really listen to regular distress calls or show up when ordered by certain people kinda thing. fleet based and way into targeted overwhelming brute force. Cleaner and organized using regular Astartes formations, but still chaos renegades esqe. So older mark gear and the Sargent sometimes have horns on their helmets, or in more elite units, they have more bits of loot from chaos marines, to the point that I use chaos models for the HQ.

I'm thinking about adding in some chaos cult units, but subdued down a few notches and count them as various veteran squads. Those new Nurgle fellas with a few snips look pretty neat. when you paint the mutations in colors other than green and fill in some rust, they look like more general mutated crusade era guys.

>its so I can use one army for both codex's, and 30k. I don't have a name. I'd call then something like iron/silver/bronze skulls/claws/fists, but that sounds pretty cheesey. The corpse grinders is a bit on the nose.
>>
>>54769160
Sounds awesome. How are they called?
>>
File: 1466423292139.png (42KB, 247x293px) Image search: [Google]
1466423292139.png
42KB, 247x293px
>>54762582
Dregs Fatalis
Fleet based, mothership is a claimed Space Hulk
Codex Compliant? R E N E G A D E

The Dregs are a chapter comprised of rescued prisoners of war and battlefield survivors given a second chance via Prmaris conversion.They fight against the xeno races as their training dictated, yet now rebel against the Imperium in small skirmishes with the intent of disrupting key operations. While many Dregs fight simply for revenge against those who left them for dead, some of the more experienced Dregs fight for the sake of conflict, feeling at home within the warmongering faction.

The Chapter Master, currently unnamed, was a high ranking officer on the Mars test facility. While he is extremely intelligent, he is suspected of either being a tad warp-touched or simply insane, as he had attacked and stolen from the test facility, running off into the Warp with his spoils. After a while, he made a reappearance aboard a Space Hulk with a small army of Primaris Marines. He had promised them revenge against both xenos and humans, but it's fairly obvious that he enjoys conflict for the sake of conflict, his delicate psyche a tad cracked thanks to his time in the Warp.

The chapter has no unifying paint scheme, as the Dregs bear their old chapter symbols and heraldry as a reminder of the violent past they are shackled to. To make up for their low income and supplies, they tend to scavenge and loot from whatever army they can and are commonly seen utilizing stolen xeno weapons
>>
>>54776010
They exist in the fluff to give structure to the wargame aspect.
>>
>>54765423
mah nigga

I never understood the need to used the tables for anything but a guideline.
>>
File: 438px-Digga (1).jpg (155KB, 438x599px) Image search: [Google]
438px-Digga (1).jpg
155KB, 438x599px
>>54762582
I always had the dream that if I ever go into the hobby I will make what is basically a Digga Nob chapter.

Original chapter name: The Green Dragons
current chapter name: Da Green Squiggofz

officially a renegade chapter but the Administratum has deemed them to be ignored, for now...

they would be part of the 21st cursed founding.
they are a successor chapter of the Salamanders whom have been made as an attempt to remove the Salamanders mutations.
this at first was deemed as a success and the chapter was sent out to fight as a fleet based chapter in a sector which bordered Ork space.
after fighting Orks the chapter quickly began to notice that they where developing green skin, tusk and an alarming tooth regrowth all akin to Ork biology.

after a short time their shameful mutation was reveled and they where granted an ultimatum from the Inquisition. Either go on a a long crusade inside Ork space to prove their worth and loyalty or be deemed as mutants and purged.

The chapter quickly ventured into Ork space and where they where presumed dead.

suddenly after years of being lost they returned with an even larger fleet to assist in an ongoing battle at the same sector against "Da Spikiez"

the Local Battlefleet where horrified when what appeared to be a fleet of Freebooterz arrived but where then confused when they weren't being shot at by them.

the vox proclaimed "We iz space marinez of da Imperium, we iz here to help ya gitz"

guardsmen reported Ork looking Space Marines commanding Orks.

the Orks themselves view the space marines as actual Nobz cause they are green and big and the marines adapted to this change for their survival.
>>
Years ago i came up with the Black Vipers; identical gameplay-wise to Space Wolves but themed around aztec rather than norse mythology, didn't get much further than that, other than some unit/character renaming and planning miniature conversions using lots of lizardmen totems and bitz.
>>
>>54769160
That shit sounds about as ambiguous as the Alpha Legion memes, anon. Nice.
>>
File: Emperor's Golden Boys.png (209KB, 1243x1711px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor's Golden Boys.png
209KB, 1243x1711px
>>54762582
>>
>>54787197

Pre-heresy Black Templars?
>>
>>54789273
Essentially but more gold than yellow
>>
File: sm (2).jpg (18KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
sm (2).jpg
18KB, 400x500px
>>54781955
Angels of Atonement

They are chapter marines who have been persuaded to aid in Cypher's shenanigans, either by Cypher and his company or the Angels themselves. The dreadnought himself began a rebellion after speaking with Cypher, and when the Dangles caught wind of it, sent a clean up crew. A battle was fought, but with the help of the Fallen, the surviving renegades escaped assimilation. Unfortunately the dreadnought, well known and venerable within the ranks, was killed during the fighting. Cypher saw him as too important an asset to lose, being that most of the renegades rebelled simply because the dreadnought told them to, such was his influence. So Cypher assigned to him a talented 1st Legion techmarine, who uses his talents to animate the dreadnought armor, and lead a chapter of renegades on behalf of Cypher.

They aren't Chaos affiliated because they have been convinced that by siding with Cypher, and abandoning the Dangles, they are serving the Emperor. My favorite part of Dark Angel lore is the ambiguity of loyalty.
>>
>>54775669
>think Teddy Roosevelt, or the founding fathers

So, white nationalists that hunt Sasquatches?
>>
File: RedDawn.png (30KB, 1022x719px) Image search: [Google]
RedDawn.png
30KB, 1022x719px
I'm working on one called "The Red Dawn" basically the USSR in space. They value the needs of the Imperium over the needs of the individual and generally their members act as if they were a very small part of a greater whole. Their homeworld is a hive planet so they get most of their initiates from their, and they take in a lot. Most of their forces are Scouts, they go straight to Tacticals from Scouts because they are under chapter strength. Also they spend more time as Scouts than normal chapters, so fully fledged marines are usually respected veterans.
they're also not afraid to go down on their women when the communists are in the funhouse
>>
File: argentconsuls.jpg (101KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
argentconsuls.jpg
101KB, 400x500px
The Argent Consuls
Homeworld: Hadrian
Tactics: Heavy use of Shields, armor, and rank-and-file marines backed by artillery and following after Hastati (scouts with shotguns and cloaks)
Progenitor: Ultramarines
Strength: Understrength
Codex Compliant
Founding Purpose: Empty sector, Xenos Threat (Eldar)

The Consuls were founded in the Cursed Founding and were immediately set upon and heavily damaged by Eldar from Craftworld Ulthwe. Their destruction was spared by their Dux Consul, their title for Chief Librarian, who defeated the Xenos Farseer in a duel of psychic might. Their retribution carried them to lead a raid upon Craftworld Ulthwe itself, leaving the memory of their silver and crimson colors fresh in the minds of the Eldar.

Their Scouts wear camo cloaks and carry shotguns, clinging to cover as they wait for the main battle-line to approach. When the enemy draws near the Hastati emerge and unleash the fire of their shotguns and withdraw only when pressed to their limits, giving the main line time to approach the battlefield.

The Legate often brings several Consuls with him into battle for their insight and guidance. The Librarius is highly praised in the chapter.

In battle they favor artillery and tanks to soften up the enemy ranks.

>>54773736
Come to visit Hadrian, brother!
>>
File: crons.png (82KB, 300x238px) Image search: [Google]
crons.png
82KB, 300x238px
>>54762582
I've come up with a few ideas for muhreens but mostly I focus on my 'crons.
>>
>>54775669
You forget that's already a chapter. The Screaming Eagles, rolled up by /tg/ years ago. Horribly garish colors (too many small details), though. https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Screaming_Eagles
>>
>>54790407
Dont be pedantic, think Preston from Fallout 4 then, & fuck off.
>>
File: spacemarine.jpg (20KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine.jpg
20KB, 400x500px
>1/2
Noone ever reads mine.
(I have tried pretty hard to make them as not mary sue and 40k beilievable as possible. The No librarians was part of the original scheme that made playing black templars a blast in 7thed. It justfied their latent anti psker ability with denying the witch and lead into forming the recruitment idea with crusader squads. Even my chapter master got buffed running him as a helbrecht it was awesome how well it fit.)

Imperial fists decendants. Dispatched to smite the foes of the emperor on some long forgotten planet. Upon entry into the imperium theres a fault with the geller field that takes out the ships engines and strands the patrol in the immatrium.

They float aimlessly through the tides of the immatrium on a weaning geller field for almost a year of terran time. The librarian accompanying them goes insane over the course of a couple weeks and erupts into a spawn which takes out a squad of marines before being put down. After 6 months anyone with any phsycic ability has either turned traitor, gone terminaly insane, or has head their head explode. This has left the patrol to less then a quarter of a company of marines. 9 months in, a part of the ship loses artificial gravity during a melee, one of the marines spots a stowaway scorpion attacking a nurgling as it floats through the coridor. This moment is immortalized by the stranded marines as a testament of there survival in the face of adversity. At 13 months they catch an emotional eddy in the warp and are spat out near the SOL system....near terra.

The administratum considered them lost after 50 years, they reappear in real time 3,000 years later. So the broken ship is immidiatly intercepted by the inqusition who demands the ship be quarintined to the nearest conveniance. The ensuing debrief and investigation winds up finding the marines suspiciously free of taint. Chalked up to the mass death of anyone with psycic ability. The inquisition sees an opporitunity.
>>
>2/2
The inquisition decided that the lack of psychic ability among these strandees could be used to guard the far side of the eye of terror with relative confidence that they would be capable of keeping anything escaping the eye at bay. The Fists are stripped of their chapter title, colors, and are queitly reorganized into a new founding chapter known as the Great Scorpions. They are not given much to found the chapter and are effectively banished to a barbaric world on the outer rim, they call this new homeworld Spero.

The marines have brought Spero to a more modern era but have retained an at least loosely feudalistic society from which to draw recruits. The planet itself, being close enough to edge of the eye of terror, has caused the population to produce less psykichly attuned people as an evolutionary surival mechanism. These people are not nulls so much as they just have a much more dulled and lack thereof of psycik ability. This makes them prime candidits for what was the inquisitions plans for the chapter.
They use the codex as a basis for their chapter, however the lack of manpower of the chapter has caused them to form squads of neophytes and new brothers lead by veterans as a way to train and select recruits (crusader squads). Markings are unique in that a left shoulderpads background denotes company, its silver trim denotes team leader. Sergeants wear a studded pauldren, a relic of the founding marines. Leutenants and captains usually have an imperial eagle embossed or carved onto the pauldron. The chapter master and honorguard wear the relic mk 3 iron armor they were allowed to keep from the ship and scorpion tailed helmets, the helmets were a gift from a forgeworld. They remain without a librarium and exibit no outward capacity for developing psykers, a combination of the stock they recruit from and their past makeing them antipsyker. They stand guard on the outer rim protecting the imperial citizens from chaos, eldar pirates, and orkish raiders.
>>
>>54791663
My name is Noone and I can assure you, I did not read it.
maybe if you condensed it down to the general description of the chapter and then gave the story if there was interest, the sheer amount of text is intimidating.
>>
>>54792054
Okay Tl;DR
Great Scorpions
Homeworld: Spero
Progenitor: Imperial fists
Strength: 3/4ths a chapter and growing

Imperial fists who got lost in SPESS, after losing all their psykers and being found the inquisition used them as an opporitunity to guard the other side of the eye of terror, the side noone cares about. The planet they were assighned as a homeworld is made up of people who exhibit virtually no psycic ability because they live too close to the eye of terror. Not nulls, just not as prevelent as other worlds. The chapter tactics for black templar in 7th edition fit them so well thats how i play them on the table now and there recruitment process reflects the use of crusader squads.
>>
>>54774259
I'm thinking of having a very temperamental dreadnought or mastodon named "Surus".

>>54790709
>Come to visit Hadrian, brother!
Not sure I should... I'm not exactly codex compliant and my chapter is infamous among some. A few accuse us of being mercenaries for our exchanges of neophyte's assistance for the information, suspicious artifacts and salvage which rogue traders always seem to have in abundance. You can verify with the Inquisition that we deliver said artifacts to them.

But perhaps we can make a pact: we have weapons and parts exclusive for terminatour armor which we haven't been able to use for the last two thousand years. I'm sure you can use them in the name of the Emperor better than us. Our need is to rediscover our chapter's past, fallen along with the Byrsa Orbital Fortress so long ago. We have lost so much of ourselves, yet we dare to hope that the void holds the answers of who our Primarch and why we were attacked by the thrice-damned EC's warband.
>>
>>54791663
Sounds fine, but...
Whats their name?
Doctrine?
Chapger Master?
>>
File: 1476975424566.png (137KB, 610x533px) Image search: [Google]
1476975424566.png
137KB, 610x533px
>>54792418
>overhand
>>
>>54768900
>I know it's not the most original thing to play up the whole knight part of the Astartes
It generates a bunch of art because it appeals to a lot of people, but I haven't seen very many people actually put in the effort to look knightly on the tabletop. I think you should go right ahead.
>>
File: Booker Tee and Teddy.jpg (52KB, 397x600px) Image search: [Google]
Booker Tee and Teddy.jpg
52KB, 397x600px
>>54790407
>TR
>white nationalist
I wish more people read history. Or at least their own country's history, that can't be too much to ask, right?
>>
>>54792719
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?122584-On-the-overhand-spear-(learning-with-EB)&p=2775096&viewfull=1#post2775096

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?116254-Stats-on-overhand-spear-vs-underhand-spear&p=2216764&viewfull=1#post2216764
>>
>>54768900
That's pretty neat anon. I'm imagining the Dragon Knight scouts/aspirants as being pseudo knight errants who hunt the biggest baddie they can find for their final trial.
>>
>>54775931
Interesting backstory, anon. So, is The Hawk attempting to lead the chapter to fall to chaos? Messing around with ancient warp entities feels like it could lead to some pretty ungood situations.

And thanks everyone for posting your dudes. I also am not into the game yet, but I like reading other people's ideas to prep for when maybe one day I have enough money to get into the hobby.
>>
File: 1501247885402.jpg (7KB, 255x220px) Image search: [Google]
1501247885402.jpg
7KB, 255x220px
>>54775669
>>
What color scheme would look good for admech based on an ice or water world?
>>
File: Ancient Voidwalker.jpg (97KB, 831x831px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Voidwalker.jpg
97KB, 831x831px
Guardians of the Covenant 3rd Company "The Abyss Watchers". They are a chapter of traditionally monastic character, venerating the Codex as a sacred text, although the 3rd Company has been so badly fucked by recent events that they have turned plenty more pragmatic.

Made some lore to justify my greenwing army because muh termies and muh bikes. The chapter got fucked bad in the canon two hundred years ago in a xenos invasion from deep space beyond the Segmentum Pacificus.
Made the chapter understenght, in which the first company is rarely deployed and instead resides in the Fortress Monastery to help recover the weakened chapter. 2ond company focuses on hunting Fallen, and the battle companies are sent into the Alenic Depths, beyond the boundaries of the Segmentum to scout for the presence of xenos and prevent them from growing into a larger threat.
I focus on the 3rd company, the Abyss Watchers, who went further into the unexplored space and got lost.
Coincidentally I wrote this lore before the whole Great Rift thing, so this has proven fortuitous: after being left in the dark by the Astronomicon during the incidents, time deformed for them, and instead of being lost for 50 years, their Company ship has been navigating deep space for three centuries for it's tripulants. Cut off from resources or help, they have developed a pragmatic fighting way, focused on the usage of transport vehicles, concentrated firepower and the conservation of its components. Each marine lost was irreplaceable in their condition, and Company Master Vandren has tried to minimize the losses of the 3rd during its extended campaign. Techmarine Onvkaros has kept mantaining the Company vehicles and weapons in peak condition for hundreds of years.

Their three dreadnoughts are revered as great sources of knowledge regarding the deep space depths, and are indispensable for the survival of the Company.
>>
File: Metal.jpg (71KB, 770x641px) Image search: [Google]
Metal.jpg
71KB, 770x641px
>>54785371
I like it. Keep up the work based anon who understands how to keep 40k fun.
>>
>>54762582
How does everyone handle their canon? I just got a box of bits from a friend with a lot of Black Templar stuff so I'm thinking of writing a battle with the BT into their fluff >>54784123
>>
File: 1460976556401.png (1MB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1460976556401.png
1MB, 690x460px
>>54793164
>trusting the autists on twc
>>
>>54794797
Deep blue at base of cloak with lightening shade of blue to top of cloaks . Be a bitch to paint but would look cool.
>>
>>54796108
there are people who take those illiterate nerds seriusly?
>>
>>54796108
who did this image? I feel like it's someone I know.
if I dont, I feel like it is someone I SHOULD know
>>
>>54794797
White-blue coats, & deep shiny green for the stuff underneath. The thing about glaciers & ice is that they can also have greens & purples in thier colors
>>
>>54793471
The way i see it, the entity is being slowly changed by the Cult of the Hawk's beliefs (so it might become more hostile to nonhumans & more militant), & the Old Ones dont like Chaos anymore than anyone else so it isnt exactly going to lead them down the path of Chaos. It's goals/purpose are to stabalize the warp & to guide people through it. So its guiding the marines to places & using them to kill Chaos. It isnt entirely unfriendly, it does try to save lives, but only because not doing so would be a waste of resources. I dont like everything being so grimdark, I like to have just a bit of hope/its not all going to crap mentality. This is why the Starlight Hawk isnt a creature of Tzeneech doing it for shits & giggles
>>
My space marines are the "Harem Protagonists"

I field them along side SoB and Eldar forces and use non-regulation models to represent those forces at times.
>>
Something that always bug me, can a Space Marine homeworld produce Imperial Guards regiments?
>>
I am still making them but since i got back to 40k after a long break since 5th edition, i adquired the taste for some Power Armor.

My original IG was a heavy mechanised army with a very not-prussian aristocratic cavalry "tradition" with cyber monocles and stuff like that. So i am thinking about a Rhino and Predator heavy chapter with great relationships with the IG or at least with my old regiment.

My idea is to make them succesors of a little Imperial Fist force that i made for 30k, so they would be a Second Founding chapter.

The point would be that during great crusade/HH they were a very tank centric chapter/company and they have a huge hard on for masive tank battles and using IG support, so they Will be always ready for the dark days when IF would merge into Legion sized force again.
>>
File: SM Death Knight Scheme 1.jpg (16KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
SM Death Knight Scheme 1.jpg
16KB, 400x500px
>>54762582
I love seeing how creative people can be as well and trying my hand at making custom chapter ideas. I usually try my best to stick close to the lore, but sometimes I'll let loose to have some fun. One such instance is when I didn't really have an idea for a custom chapter so I tried looking up one of the many unused chapters to try and flesh it out. When I did find one with an interesting name, inspiration struck me and I had a fun idea for a sort of crossover chapter, one based on Warcraft's Death Knights.

> The Death Knights
> Warcry: "For the Lich King!" or "Unleash final death!"
> "Successors" of: The Silver Hands
> Chapter Master: Titled "The Death Lord"
> Homeworld: Northrendus
> Specialty: Attritional and Biological warfare, use of Auxiliaries.

The Death Knights essentially function like the Legion of the Damned, showing up when all hope seems lost for Imperial forces and managing to save or obtain victory right from the jaws of defeat before disappearing as quick as they came. Leaving behind only the corpses of their enemies and undead auxiliaries.
Their method of recruitment involves slaying a neophyte and having a warp entity possess the body while the recruit's soul is still locked within. If the recruit can't banish the warp entity then the body is swiftly destroyed. If he does manage to banish the entity then he's resurrected and the process to transform him into a SM can begin.
Though they claim allegiance to the Imperium, the Inquisition and every other fanatical faction are after them for being considered warp spawns and such.

A silly idea that I haven't completely fleshed out yet and that I'm still working on. But I've managed to come up with names for Ranks and Companies, as well as some special wargear ideas. It's been a fun and simple idea to work on though and I have plenty of inspiration from the Warcraft games to work with. I hope that maybe one day I'll find the time and resources to try my hand at some conversions.
>>
>>54797710
I only found it on /twg/ awhile back when it was still about history.
>>
>>54796695
>>54798215
Thanks for the ideas, I had been planning on dark green for the cloak, but now I might do dark blue. What would look good on a ice/snow base? and how would I base underwater dudes? Also what colors would look good with copper and nihilak oxide, I've got a pot on my desk thats begging to be used.
>>
>>54800511
It's a bit on the nose yet. You need to define who or what the "Lich King" is if you're going to keep that cry. It would also be good to consider how they'd evade conflict with the Imperial factions that supposedly want their head on a pike.
>>
>>54803170
>You need to define who or what the "Lich King" is if you're going to keep that cry.
Right, it's been kinda tough to think of a role for him besides being the origins of the chapter. The main idea I'm playing around with is that the Chapter as a whole is psychically powerful, with each member having psychic potential to varying degrees with the Lich King and perhaps the Frozen Throne itself serving as a sort of source/conduit of their psychic power. It's what gives them the ability to resurrect their members and manipulate the dead. The Frozen Throne itself might be some ancient Xeno technology that the Knights have only the barest of understanding of.

>It would also be good to consider how they'd evade conflict with the Imperial factions that supposedly want their head on a pike.
To get around this I had the idea that they'd use Mortal followers aligned to the chapter to serve as their spies and such, who are based off of the Cult of the Damned. These guys keep the Chapter informed on the happenings and events of the greater Imperium, which lets the knights get info so that they can plan where they need to be and who they should help. Sometimes they'll order or let the Cult handle things on their own, possibly influence events or get down and dirty themselves if they need to.
The inquisition of course would be after these guys too so the cult itself will need to be separated into self-autonomous splinter cells that can function on their own and if they're discovered, ensure that not all of the secrets are found.

Those are the ideas so far, I'll have to keep going over them and such to work out all the kinks.
>>
>>54803573
When it comes to Liches in 40k one instantly thinks of Necrons. Perhaps the Frozen Throne is a Necron artifact. The Lich King could even be a sleeping Overlord- perhaps the Death Knights broke into an as-yet unawakened tomb world whose defenses had somehow failed, and being an early founding chapter didn't yet know what Necrons were.

Alternately, the Lich King could be a Pariah of their first Chapter Master. Either way, it would certainly add that edge of "are these really the good guys? Are we seeing the full picture?" one often looks for in 40k fluff.
>>
>>54804110
Necrons always did come to mind when working on these guys and those are some good ideas.To fit it in the history I'm working on, I'd say the original Lich King was an Overlord like you said who caused Battle Brother Arthas of the Silver Hands chapter to fall from grace after picking up a Daemon or Necrontyr weapon and, after various events, has him merge with him with the idea of taking over his body and being free of the Throne's prison. But he didn't count on Arthas being the one to take over instead and once he has full control, he starts resurrecting fallen Battle Brothers to serve as his new warriors, hence the creation of the Death Knights.

Later on, with help from surviving Silver Hands astartes now calling themselves the Argent Crusaders and a renegade faction of the Death Knights, the Ebon Blade, they stop the current Lich King, dismantle his undead armada, and free the rest of the Death Knights chapter. Afterwards, the Death knights devote themselves to redeeming themselves by doing what they can to fight against the Imperium's many enemies until true and final death claims them.
>>
>>54769019
>>54790709

Congrats! You will now be 2 shoulderpads for my Deathwatch
>>
>>54804524
Thanks, dude. Hope we serve with honour and duty! (Consuls here)
>>
>>54804524
Thanks, my dudes chapter symbol is the blue bird, the other is the marine's personal heraldry but you can use that one too. It was a bitch to make on my tablet's drawing app.
>>
>>54803170
>>54804110
I want to say, thanks for discussing about the chapter with me anon. This critique has helped me get the ball rolling on some ideas I've been sitting on so I'm thankful for that.
>>
>>54773308
Well I am that Anon and it's because of the lore that these guys have accumulated from the 90's until present. I've done A LOT of narrative campaigns and we've rolled lots of tables. Because this is a Cursed founding Chapter their mutation was basically the gene-seed being broken to the point where eventually these guys losing their warp presence and practically becoming Blanks. Fortunately I've been able to progress their fluff with the return of Rowboat Girlyman so now that's going to cycle out slowly because I've got Primaris joining in to supplement the force where they're weakest (Manning the trenches and firing lines) and to compliment their hit and run style hammer blows. One of the bits about this was that brothers about to lose it were given dampening devices to hide their missing presence and many of them would request the Emperors Peace if they made it the whole way as to prevent the mutation from spreading to newer generations. So these guys field A LOT of Chaplains and Apothecaries to make up for the nearly absent Librarium.

They've got some in-Chapter superstition that the souls of these brothers lost joined the Legion of the Damned as a means to explain why I will usually run a squad of at least 5 LotD alongside the army to help beef up their firepower.
>>
>>54799706
They're exempt from tithes but if they have the populous and they really want that kind of defense force/auxilia; Almost all planets will have some form of PDF too. Look at Macragge...
>>
>>54762582
Thunder Tigers: They have an Orange and white paint scheme and focus on iron rain type assaults. The drop pod close combat squads are named the Holy Divers and they are descendants of Sanguinius.
>>
Where is Dreadbro? I wanna see some Dreadnaughts
>>
File: primaris balogo.png (1MB, 2480x1748px) Image search: [Google]
primaris balogo.png
1MB, 2480x1748px
I've been working on my blood angels successors, thanks to the anon who suggested sanguine choir.
>>54804524
Oh! Pick me. Pick me!
>>
>>54784205
Its not bad. But I would like more vaguness so both those who build their custom fluff or third party companies like FFG off that structure can create coherent fluff seeds, but also enough ambiguity on the validity of said structures for other people to create creative factions or fluff events that would add a twist or upset that convention we know about.

I think the whole GW saying that the fluff is more maleable and that time is fluid is an example of them telling the fans that there is more wiggle room than they think.
>>
File: Blood_Drinkers_marine.jpg (537KB, 928x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Blood_Drinkers_marine.jpg
537KB, 928x1070px
Tell me how stupid/homosexual this idea I thought up on the shitter a bit ago is.

>a chapter of BROS
>the chapter was formed after two marines from differing chapters that survived a horrific battle and started a new chapter for reasons
>they are co-chapter masters
>the chapter maintains a strict 50/50 ratio of marines from each progenitor (ie 50% of the marines are of UM lineage, the other 50% are of Salamander lineage, or whoever I decide on)
>each marine is assigned a "brother" from the differing progenitor
>these brothers are with each other from the time they are born, until the time they die

Hiccups with the idea:

>SM chapters are already brotherly to begin with
>not sure what to do if only one brother dies leaving the other behind
>assigning a new one doesn't seem right
>seems kinda snow-flakey and gay
>>
>>54814135
Maybe fold all of them into little suicide squads?
>>
>>54814238
Oh, and if they manage to forge a new bond with one of the other suicide squad members, they may be allowed back into regular service.
>>
This thread has shown me that loyalists aren't so generic. Based on the people at my LGS, I thought all SM players stuck to a "canon" chapter. This thread is tempting me to consider going loyalist, and the only thing holding me back is the fact that then literally everyone at my LGS would play SMs.
>>
File: 1475465932117.jpg (613KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475465932117.jpg
613KB, 600x1000px
>>54814238
>>54814269
I had thought about them trying to die solo on the battlefield trying to take as many enemies as possible with them, but putting them in squads where a new bond can potentially form sounds way better.

I'm not sure on the progenitors yet. Salamanders and Blood Angels seem like the obvious choices, but I was kind of wanting one to be IF or IH.
>>
>>54814596
You have anything on iconography or heraldry? If you do IH and IF, you could have a lot of potential with the whole hand and pairs aesthetic.
>>
File: Gay-Empire-V1.jpg (326KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
Gay-Empire-V1.jpg
326KB, 576x576px
>>54814135
This sounds gay as hell and I fully support it. Pic not related.

>not sure what to do if only one brother dies leaving the other behind.
A bro dying alone is heresy. Bros are one in life and death. If one bro dies, the other bro dies with him in a blaze of glory. A bro who survives his bro's death is a traitor, and swiftly executed in the field. The bros consider this merciful: according to chapter superstition, a bro left without his bro will inevitably fall to chaos.
>>
File: my bro is dead.jpg (44KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
my bro is dead.jpg
44KB, 704x396px
>>54814802
>a bro left without his bro will inevitably fall to chaos

Or become worthy of piloting a Titan, fighting to uphold the memory of his bro.
>>
>>54814802
I believe the passage went something like:
>a bro without a bro will fall victim to the temptations of hoes
Hoes referring to Slaaneshi daemons, of course.
>>
File: bon-chan.jpg (142KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bon-chan.jpg
142KB, 1600x1200px
>>54814669
No idea. I'm trying to brainstorm but it's not going well at the moment. A fist would normally be my first thought for the symbol because lolbrofists, but if it's going to be a "composite" chapter, then something else would be better so neither chapter's progenitor dominates the aesthetic.

>>54814802
>>54814841
>>54814850
Fuck I love this idea too.
>>
>>54762582

I'm trying to fluff up a Space Marine chapter but I'm having a really tough time. About the only thing I'm certain of is the color scheme which is brass with heavy verdigris (the idea is to make everyone look like an ancient statue come to life).

I don't know what to name them.
I don't know what they're about.
I don't even know if they're loyalist or not.

But the idea of a bunch of marines looking like weathered bronze statues won't get out of my mind.
>>
>>54814977
To go full-on with the gay idea, have two Mars/Iron/Male symbols, one penetrating the other, in the father chapters' primary colors.
To emphasize the "bros-before-hoes" idea, go with a handshake.
To emphasize the nakama theme, or go with a "Red Oni/Blue Oni" idea, have a pair of powerswords crossed over a partial solar eclipse.
>>
File: spacemarine.jpg (64KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine.jpg
64KB, 400x500px
Oi /tg/, I'm shit at Space Marine lore and backstories, anyone want to come up with a quick backstory for whatever this chapter this dingbat might come from purely based on whatever I thought looked neat?
>>
>>54814977
Well, if we were to go off of the IF and IH suggestion, you could have a pair of fists (one black, one iron) brofisting (you could even have it be some sort of salute, where an astartes just bumps his fists together), or you could that one handshake from Predator and whatever legion the astartes decends from gets the top color on their pauldron, OR you could do like an interlocking handshake
>>
>>54815091

>Red and yellow armor, looks like fire.
>Melee load out comprised of rare weapons.
>Loyalist.

Pyre Lords
Unknown Founding (Presumed 13th)
Ultramarines Geneseed
"Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust"

Based upon the deathworld of Sundra the Pyre Lords maintain a watchful vigil from their stronghold nestled deep within the unstable tectonics of their home planet.

Charged with overseeing the nearby Ork infested region of space colloquially referred to as the "War Path" the Pyre Lords have secured a reputation for themselves as fierce warriors with tempers that run hotter than the volcanoes of their homeworld.

Though eager to engage the opponents of the Imperium in close quarters combat the Pyre Lords are not unthinking berserkers but consummate professionals who understand that the Greenskins need to be met with not only bolt shell and blade metal, but also with the purifying touch of promethium.

Recently the Chapter has achieved wider renown throughout the Imperium for their daring rescue of a Mechanicus supply barge that had been ensnared by Ork raiders. In return for the Pyre Lord's service the Lords of Mars have decreed that the Chapter will receive higher priority for resupply of rare technology and materials for the next century.

Although mostly Codex compliant the Pyre Lords have a curious custom of naming their Librarians as Pyromancers, no doubt a reference to the fearsome destructive powers of their Librarius.
>>
Is there a template for traitor legions/renegade chapters?
>>
>>54768073
>>54769019
>>54773237
>>54787197
>>54812988
> Primaris Marines...

Why do you hate 40K and the lore so much?!
I bet you're the sort of people who talk loudly in cinemas, push to the front of queues, and wouldn't think twice about taking the last After Eight mint.
>>
>>54815305
Lordy, I didn't think anyone was actually going to take it seriously, but that's one hot backstory. Good work, m8.
>>
>>54768073
Tbh, my favorite colors are unironically
Red, white, and blue.
In that order
Everytime
>>
File: ideas.png (130KB, 1405x1583px) Image search: [Google]
ideas.png
130KB, 1405x1583px
>>54815023
Huh, I like the idea of adding some oni stuff. Maybe tiger print on pauldron opposite of the symbol pauldron.

>>54815165
I wish I could find a good stencil of crossed fists.
>>
>>54815514
Each pair has tiger print on the non-symbol pauldron of one brother, and dragonscale print on the other brother's non-symbol pauldron.
>>
>>54815336
I tend to punch people for being loud in the theater, I mind my business in line and you better fucking believe that if I have a chance at that mint I'm going for it!

I am using the Chad Marines as a means to cure my Chapter of a mutation and get my hands on some Hellblasters and MAYBE a handful of Aggressors. Since my Chapter has too few Librarians this is a way for me to field some. All of this because I am too dedicated to 40K, its respective lore and the accumulated fluff that my Chapter has acquired over the years.
>>
>>54814135
I fucking love this idea. I feel like those bros who live on, when thier bro might self sacrifice or some other equally sad solo death, should either be lumped onto a company of other bros who lost thier bros. They are the only ones who could understand what it is like to loose a bro. They serve there until they die & finally meet their bro in he afterlife. I think they should be Blood Angels & Ultramarines, & the symbol should be a red & blue fist bump of the two chapters
>>
File: IMG_2599.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2599.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Scions of Calth. Successor chapter of the Ultramarines and formed with veterans of the Horus Heresy battle of Calth. They have a hatred of Word Bearers and paint their right fist blue if they've killed one.

The marine in the image is just a prototype. I'll redo the chapter symbol and make the lenses red.
The chapter symbol is supposed to be the Ultramarine symbol burning with the five worlds of the Veridian system above. Might change it to the Word Bearer deamon skull with a sword pierced through.

I'm also posting from my phone so be warned that the image size might be large. All my better images with several views from each side are on my computer, on vacation right now.
>>
File: IMG_2944.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2944.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>54818838
Here is a sloppy Primarine with the updated lenses that I painted at a GW.

Sorry again for the aussie images.
>>
There's something I'm working on but I could use some help in what to do with my chapter.
I really want to play deathwatch but I don't really like their colors and the idea of marines from different chapters joining in, so since I play ordo malleus I decided I wanted a deathwatch-like chapter made up by the inquisition.
Basically, when Koorland created the Deathwatch, he managed to built another similar chapter, but made to support Inquisition operation. He then started an Imperial Fist successor chapter with already limited astartes left, and that's pretty much it. It's the deathwatch but with different colors and everyone is an imperial fist.
Idk about the name though
>>
>>54821937
Holy fucking shit I'm reading my post again and I sound like a slav or something lmao
>>
>>54814135
>the chapter maintains a strict 50/50 ratio of marines from each progenitor (ie 50% of the marines are of UM lineage, the other 50% are of Salamander lineage, or whoever I decide on)
I don't think that's something that's possible.
The guys who founded the Chapter may have different geneseed than the guys that are made new for the Chapter but afaik half and half for new recruits does not work.
>>
>>54821937
Sounds like a terrible idea tbqh.

If you want another chapter with close ties to the inquisition look at the Exorcists maybe.

But I don't see the point in 'they're the Deathwatch, only they're not'.
If you want to do Deathwatch do Deathwatch.
If you want to do a DIY that is specialized in fighting aliens, just write some fluff for them and use a regular list.
If you want the fancy toys but not the paintscheme of the Deathwatch personally I'd say tough luck. Cause only the Deathwatch is the Deathwatch. If you gaming group is cool with using a Deathwatch list with non Deathwatch minis you can do that too though.
>>
>>54773237
>autocannons
>boarding actions

i like your style of lunacy, anon
>>
>>54822474
If they use geneseed instead of actual marines then they have complete control of doing it 50-50.
>>
>>54814135
You could have their Trial be done in pairs. If one fails they boh fail. If both succeed then one get one geneseed, & the other gets he other
>>
>>54824961
>They can't stop your breach team if the hole is opened by high caliber death.
>>
I made my own chapter and I'm quite pleased with them.

Obviously, still ironing out the more comprehensive stuff, but a lot of it is set in stone.
>>
Since everyone else is...

>No name yet
>6th company of Silver Skulls
>Got caught in the wake of Red Tide right when they were about to lend aid to a Hive Planet in the midst of a rebellion
>Disappeared in warp storm
>War on planet rages on
>1 year and 1 day after disappearing, the battlebarge reenters the system in orbit
>Covered with corrosion and decades worth of battle scars
>The marines make planetfall, slaughtering loyalists and traitors alike
>Captain wields a mace made from the engraved skull of their former chaplain
>declares himself lord of the planet and begins building an army
>A cloaked figure that looks almost but not quite human never leaves captains side, whispering things into his ear
>>
File: Lions Militant.jpg (60KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Lions Militant.jpg
60KB, 400x500px
>>54768900
I wish I could get the chance to play against you chapter with my own.

The Lions Militant are a Dark Angels (so hey, bikes vs bikes) successor who were set up on a world in the Veiled Region around late M35. Sometime in M36, they found out that their home planet was a Necron tomb world and have been fighting for control of the planet ever since.

They mainly recruit from the last remaining Hive City on their homeworld which shares the same continent as their fortress monastery Lionsreach. How scouts are assigned to companies is based on both combat performance, as well as each scouts personality. While all marines in the chapter tend to be grim and sardonic, with a penchant for gallows humor when out-of-combat; The more precise, measured marines become Devastators, while the mo9re impulsive, daring ones are sent to the Ravenwing. The chapter's Deathwing was officially destroyed by the Necrons. In reality, they are merely kept offworld with necessary contingents to maintain the company, continuing the hunt for the Fallen. The Necrons were purged from the continent about 200 years into the campaign. But, being the smaller of the two on the planet, the main Necron force is mobilizing on the continent major.

Most of their own territory is tundra, with some taigas and fjords in the southernmost regions, while the other landmass boasts deserts, mountain ranges, and a rainy, mountainous, temperate region.

Their battle doctrine relies on their expansive Ravenwing, supported by heavy weapons fire from their Devastator squads. In areas where the mountains make bike use non-feasible, they make use of Jump Infantry and fliers. The chapter has no Tactical Squads, preferring to field extreme firepower over tactical flexibility to combat the resilient xenos.
>>
>>54827019
Damn, Anon, that's pretty fucking heretical.
>>
>>54827146
>Killed the chaplain and made his skull into a weapon
>That's heresy!

I think that was the point.
>>
>>54827019
Fucking edgelords. This kind of shit is why xenos are siding with the Imperium.
>>
File: Spess.jpg (18KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Spess.jpg
18KB, 400x500px
The Lost Paladins, a chapter I made up while thinking about going back to 40k after years without playing. I ended up playing Blood Angels instead.

The Lost Paladins, originally bearing another name (Knights of something), would have been a young chapter, filled with idealists Marines trying to be as noblebright as possible in this grimdark world. This would have led them to question the methods of the Inquisition, and little by little, to hate the Imperium itself because of how poorly it treats human life.

They would have ended up outright rebelling, and being a fleet-based chapter, started a space guerrilla warfare against the Imperium, targetting fleets dispatched to enact Exterminatus and generally helping innocent civilians against the misguided wrath of the Emperor's servants. As such, they would have been a target of the Inquisition. As they developped a deep hatred of the Imperial religion, and began also attacking shrine worlds and religious figures, the Sisters of the Adepta Sororitas would have been their sworn enemies.

I pictured them as CSM in the making, despite them fielding an entirely SM army list. Soon, they would have been forced to rely on dangerous allies to stay afloat in this hostile galaxy, and little by little, turned into Chaos-worshipping heretics living for battle. I wanted them to have a Robin Hood / Militaires Sans Frontières vibe, free warriors cast as outlaws, fighting for what they thought was justice.

Their Primaris Marines would have taken the concept of snowflake Marines to an extreme, wearing golden armor, calling themselves Golden Knights, and ruling the chapter as some sort of an elite caste.
>>
File: Golden Knight.png (213KB, 1218x1681px) Image search: [Google]
Golden Knight.png
213KB, 1218x1681px
>>54827594
Golden Knight concept.
>>
>>54818857
Nice lightning effect on what I presume is the Night Lord.
>>
>>54815336
Yes because going with the new thing means that you are an asshole without tact. You do realise that most of the people who post 40k hate the lore right? Someone is always complaining about it. You may not like Primaris, some people dont like Grey Knights, some dont like Abaddon. Whats your point? My dudes history works well with Primaris, thats why i chose them, if that triggers your autism im sorry bro.
>>
File: The Vigil.png (1MB, 2484x1736px) Image search: [Google]
The Vigil.png
1MB, 2484x1736px
My custom chapter, I keep gradually working on things and tweaking it but this is what I've got for the background.
The planet Carmack is a medium population civilized world located in the western fringes of Segmentum Tempestus, there's noting really noteworthy about it. It has two moons (Carmack Alpha and Beta) that are full of rare ores/other resources and there's a large mining presence on them.
Whilst excavating on Beta they discovered a giant fiery hole deep under that gave off a massive amount of heat and energy, affectionately named Perdition by the mine workers, eventually an Adeptus Mechanicus research station was built to observe the phenomenon and perhaps to take advantage of this new power source.
It's all smiles and laughter until said fiery pit starts to expand and spew out demons and other warp nonsense that promptly slaughters the researchers and miners. A distress call is sent out and an exorcists strike cruiser that's nearby comes to try and rectify the situation. They manage to travel down into the bowels of the moon, slaughter hordes of demons and seal the rift, there's only one survivor.
By this point the inquisition is made aware of what's happened and "convince" the Exorcists that a force is needed to guard the place in case the rift opens again, some strings are pulled and a new marine chapter is founded the lone survivor is given the dubious honor of leading this new chapter.
The chapter has a fortress monastery on the other moon and are constantly watching for the rift to open again and slaughtering the hordes of demons it periodically spews out when it does.

Organizationwise they're very similar to their parent chapter including the two additional scout companies to cope with the high rate of mortality their recruitment/training involves.

Does the name sound ok or is it a bit awkward to say? I'm thinking maybe just shortening it to "The Vigil" instead.
>>
The Red Wardens are an imperial fists (specifically Black Templar) successor with a penchant for void combat and overwhelming use of air superiority and deployment of ground forces by air. They're based on a space station in orbit above their homeworld of Golan (imagine israel but it's the entire planet) and are heavily based around the kingdom of israel's culture and organization, to where each captain doubles as a chaplain "high priest" that directs the individual companies in their faith in the emperor. They believe that some day the a messiah sent by the emperor will appear and administer miracles across the galaxy until he's martyred, which would allow the emperor to get off his throne and lead humanity again.
>>
>>54827237
I just felt the need to point out just how heretical it was.

Trooper billy getting his face atomized by a Gauss Flayer is pretty fucked up, no doubt. But Trooper Dave will comment upon it, guaranteed.
>>
>>54814135

Awesome (and gay) idea. IIRC, the chapter masters of new chapters are drawn from their progenitor chapters, and there is precedent for chapters taking in dudes who survived the destruction of their chapter (or traitor legion as the case may have been). So, maybe the bro dudes formed their chapters and settled in the same space and were forced to merge after they each lost half of their chapter to some huge xenos invasion or some shit.

That might be a little too much thought put into justifying it, though. The inquisition is already busy enough dealing with codex-deviants like the Space Wolves that they won't have time to notice some random chapter of heterosexual life partners.
>>
>>54814135

Would they have two-seater dreadnoughts?
>>
>>54827105
Setting up rivalries between official chapters is pretty donut steal, but other fan chapters? Sounds good.
My dragon Knights diverge from the codex whenever their planet's codes of Chivalry conflict with it. The most controvercial one is the trading of prisoners of war. They assumed Deldar, Orks, Tyranids cannot be trusted to honor such agreements. Eldar are a 50/50. T'au always comply with a captured Ethereal. They have yet to observe Necrons capable of conversation.
Plenty of reason to hate my dudes.
Here's a shitty WIP photo and a link to my drive full of useless fluff.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8x4Krx0W9kSNjNZYm1wUFRuZWM
>>
File: received_10101039316259018.jpg (17KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
received_10101039316259018.jpg
17KB, 400x500px
I created my own Chapter, Blood Angels successors known as the Blood Devils, a play on the obvious idea that Devils are the opposite of Angels and the fact that I'm a big hockey fan and my favorite team is the New Jersey Devils. I created some fairly elaborate fluff before I even started buying the models. Mind you, I've only just begun the project.

The color scheme would be as close as I could get on Power Armor to the team's uniforms, predominantly red with black and white here and there, while the Sanguinary Guard would be the mostly white "Away" kit, borrowing a page from the Angels Encarmine in the process.

Little touches followed. A handful of power mauls are green stuff hockey sticks. Pitchfork power lances. One of these days I'm going to get a Hammernator or something to look like a goalie.
I'm also thinking up ways to get a rhino or something with a dozer blade to look like a Zamboni. Because in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only smooth ice.
The piece de resistance, however, will be a Sanguinary Priest with the Stanley Cup raised over his head. Because what else would a hockey themed Space Marine drink the blood of his Primarch from? Accept no substitutes.

I have long joked that I wish my favorite head coach could just have his brain kept alive to coach the Devils forever. And now, through the miracle of dreadnoughts, its possible! Unfortunately, former Veteran Scout Sgt Lemaire is still on his sprue at the moment.

Jersey III is their homeworld, specifically the moon known as Chelmsford, one of the 22 moons (each corresponding to one of NJ's counties). Other moons include a Forge World known as Mercy (if I ever buy any Mechanicus allies, they'll come from Mercy and I'll probably have to develop some suitable livery), a couple of Agri-Worlds (our state's motto is The Garden State) corresponding to the more rural parts of the state, and The Knives, a Knight World in case I ever get Knight Allies.
>>
>>54833569
>hockey marines
I'm fuckin dying. I wish we could battle
>>
>>54768073
I hate seeing this scheme posted, the thumbnail looks like a clown. God damn Mc-Marines
>>
>>54830433
>"Bro, we're DREAD compatible!
>Pacificus Rim
>>
>>54818838
Damn it Brazil...

>>54818857
Damn it 'Strayla!
>>
>>54834066
"That's hilarious" dying or "That's idiotic" dying?
>>
File: spacemarine.jpg (53KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine.jpg
53KB, 400x500px
Knights of the obelisk
So loyal that they broke off from the Imperium and kept the planet they were stationed on. Essentially cultish Black Templars descended from the iron hands. Notable feats include their chapter master taking ten terminators of the first company and going into the warp with them to wage war on chaos directly.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.