[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Addressing Cheating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_mxnimeoyfq1rpwlhqo1_500.gif (736KB, 451x322px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxnimeoyfq1rpwlhqo1_500.gif
736KB, 451x322px
I've got someone at the table who cheats. Everyone knows they cheat except their significant other (as far as we know). I started this campaign saying that we should all be more open with our dice rolls, implying its more fun when we can all see and react to the rolls. I thought this was a pretty unsubtle way of saying "I know you're cheating, I don't want to make a big deal out of it, just stop."

Apparently I'm an idiot for thinking they could read my mind because the cheating hasn't even slowed down a little. I want to just talk to them about it, but I'm worried being to accusatory will piss them off and I'll lose 2 players over some stupid bullshit.
>>
>not saying right from game 1 that all rolls must be made in plain sight and clearly seen

come on bruv
>>
>>54756015
'Hey dude, I noticed you've been fudging your dice rolls. Can we talk about it?'

If he agrees to stop... give him another chance. If he doesn't stop, KICK HIM OUT. If he doesn't agree to stop... KICK HIM OUT.

Seriously don't put up with this shit.
>>
>>54756045
This what the fuck who doesn't do this
>>
>>54756015 Just bite the bullet and either address them directly or roll on their behalf, if you're the gm. Or just have them literally roll on the table so you can see, if he wont agree then its an unfortunate necessity to kick him out.

You've probably put more thought into what you'd say than any of us could, but if being indirect doesent work, the next step would be to be direct.
>>
Just to clarify, I don't think I'd be losing the player because of anger or anything, I'm more afraid that they'll be too embarrassed to show up if I call them out.
>>
>>54756015

How is he cheating when you can see his dice rolls? Just saying he has modifiers he doesn't?
>>
>>54756015
So who's s/he been seeing on the side?
>>
>>54756015
Get a dice bowl to roll in.
Talk to the player. Accept that you might not be able to change anything and will have to either tolerate or boot the player.
Best friend flunked college and started cheating in pnp games just to feel like he's winning anything in life at that time, and I tolerated it, and he slowly stopped once his life's started getting back on track. Was a touchy subject, talked to him about it but he denied it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.