[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A thread describing movies as /tg/ encounters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 27

File: Moana.png (394KB, 936x615px) Image search: [Google]
Moana.png
394KB, 936x615px
A thread describing movies as /tg/ encounters?
>>
>>54748124
>make a one shot campaign for just my girlfriend
>she rolls a level 1 bard, with no weapons or anything at all
>says she's going to use words to get out of confrontation
>decide to give her a magic item off the bat to help her with this. Special shoes that give her advantage on charisma
>learns that she needs to get to my DMPC wizard to help her return to her world because magic
>first encounter, she gets harassed by treants in the woods
>manages to run away without too much harm since these treants don't have legs
>suddenly our roommate comes home and finds us playing
>"oh shit anon can I join?"
>fuck, fine, whatever
>tell him that he has to play as the first NPC my gf comes across
>he agrees, the two characters meet up and head off towards the main quest
>friend knocks on the door
>open it, he looks over my shoulder
>"room for one more anon?"
>tfw you have no control over your life
>give him the same deal as roommate
>gf comes up with a pretty neat backstory about his character, he sets in pretty quick
>third knock on the door
>holy shit what the fuck
>furry neighbor barges in and sits his fat ass on my couch
>you didn't tell me your were playing anon, whatsup?
>fucking fine whatever come on in
>they get to the DMPC wizard, but now I have to actually have an encounter planned for a party of 4
>give them a castle to go to and minions to run away from
>don't want to deal with combat so the bbeg fight lasts 5 seconds when they find her super obvious weakness
>just want this game to end because I didn't actually have anything prepared
>everyone expects magic items at the end
>>
>>54748351
I have no idea what movie this is
>>
>>54748535
Thats Wizard of Oz
>>
>>54748562
Ahh i see it now
>>
>>54748124
>Group wants a non-combat run
>That Guy rolls up a wood golem bard
>Golem just wants to become famous
>Other player rolls up a Thri-kreen mantis-man druid. Has no goal of his own.
>Golem explores town and gets a gig as an actor
>Mantis-man uses "detect motive" on show manager, discovers evil intent.
>Wood golem ignores mantis man because he's too busy being That Guy.
>Wood golem rolls a critical fail on his first performance
>Audience laughs at him.
>Golem player (not the character) thinks he got a lucky break.
>Mantis-man keeps commenting from the shadows, unable to do anything.
>DM needs to leash That Guy so he throws wood golem in a cage.
>That Guy bitches and complains, not letting Mantis-man rescue him.
>DMPC appears to "magically" release wood golem from cage.
>Mantis-man urges Wood Golem to level up his character by going to school.
>Along the way, two highwaymen interrupt conversation
>Mantis-man detects motive, again. Wood golem ignores him, again.
>Highwaymen take wood golem and mantis-man to a pleasure garden.
>Roommate wants to join.
>Rouge appears on pleasure garden, becomes friends with wood golem.
>Rouge's main character trait is drunkenness. He drinks constantly.
>Rouge and Wood Golem drink until their wisdom has bottomed out.
>Mantis player is fed up and leaves the table.
>Both characters suddenly grow donkey ears and tails! The drinks were transmogrification potions!
>Bandits appear to round up the donkey people and sell them into slavery.
>Rouge's player is pissed off that his got cursed. Gets up and leaves, pouting.
>Wood Golem manages to escape pleasure garden, ends up diving into the ocean just as mantis man returns to the table.
>DM is kind of lost himself.
>Suddenly a monster appears out of the water! Swallowing the two players.
>Inside the monster's throat is the wood golem's creator, another fucking DMPC.
>Players are totally hopeless and won't even try to escape.
>DMPC makes a fire and they escape.
>>
>>54748124
>GM decides he wants to try a high-drama, non-combat rpg with us and his GF.
>introduces "Protagonist" GMPC with weird accent. GM can't emote for Shit, Main Character comes across as weird as fuck.
>spends first 15 minutes poorly describing an ERP scene with his GF's character.
Afterwards scenes are mostly tangential and have very little to do with the plot.
>Then introduces plotline about GF cheating on him with busy Best Friend's character, out of nowhere.
>Wat.
>bunch of boring, weird Shit happens. GMPC keeps trying to emote but he still can't into it so it's even more boring, and cringey.
>Suddenly, GMPC Shoots himself. Campain ends.
>WTF even was this?
>>
>>54748721
Pinocchio
>>
>>54748739
the room
>>
>>54748739
sounds like a bad fiasco game
>>
>>54748721
Pinocchio (didn't know it was known outside of Italy)
>>54748739
The Room
>>
>>54748850
>(didn't know it was known outside of Italy)
It's because of Disney. They made a movie out of it and a theme park ride.

I gotta say though. I lived in Italy for a month and local Pinocchio trinkets were everywhere. Every city I went to had Pinocchio stuff hanging outside. Not the Disney stuff, but wooden with a red outfit.

It would be like if every story in America sold Paul Bunyan or Johnny Appleseed toys.
>>
Requesting Kung Fu panda.
>>
>>54749104
I was thinking of it but I'm no good at this so I'm just waiting in anticipation.
>>
>Got a cool sci-fi game planned. Add a few fantasy tropes here and there to spice things up, like magic and making melee combat viable.
>Run the setting's background past the players, but only one seems to pay attention to it.
>Characters are rolled up, planning to start with all of them aboard a ship fleeing the bad guys.
>Some people can't make it to the first session, others are running late.
>Start with the three who turn up; one playing a diplomat/face sort of character (who begged me to be some form of royalty), one playing ANOTHER diplomatic character, taking the bilingual feat so many times I lost count, and a skill monkey
>Game opens, bad guys board the party's ship which holds the MacGuffin. With two diplomatic characters, hoping for some persuasion rolls and good RP with one of the BBEG's main henchman.
>Nope. Player with the royal decides to go all guns blazing, giving the MacGuffin to the other two, who jump into an escape pod. Royal tries to fight the villian's troops singlehandedly, and gets one-shotted.
>Player throws a hissy fit so I only make them unconscious.
>At this point, two more players show up, including the one who actually paid attention to the setting.
>Two robot players end up with the newbie, and eventually they meet with the fourth player.
>New player is playing a character with good piloting and sharpshooting, the player who read the setting rolls up a knight who served in a now outlawed holy order.
>Newbie really likes the knight's abilities and wants to change class, I tell him he can multi-class once he gains a level.
>Have the bad guys kill off the Newb's character's family to keep the party motviated.
>Meanwhile, That Guy who's playing the Princess is RPing with the BBEG and is saying the cheesiest shit possible.
>End session with the main group arriving in the local town.
>>
>>54749297
Pretty obviously star trek
>>
>>54749297
Star Trek

Guessed after the third line
>>
>>54749297
New Hope
>>
>>54749297
Star Trek. Wrath of Khan.
>>
>>54749297
Space Balls obviously
>>
>>54749297
>Session Two, and the other two players show up.
>These two are best friends IRL and often do characters with tied backstories, and today is no different.
>Playing two petty criminals, with one playing an alie
>The party all meet up in the bar. They're doing okay so far. Newbie's character got over the family's death quickly, but he's new so its no big deal.
>A bounty hunter shows up, but the Human Criminal wins intiative and kills him. They all get in their spaceship and fly off, MacGuffin in hand and heading for the Royal's home planet
>At this point the Royal's player starts complaining about the lack of stuff for them to do and how being a prisoner is boring.
>Decide to allow them another RP with the bad guys, making me ruin a surpise I had planned.
>They use their superweapon to blow up That Guy's homeplanet... and he barely reacts, which makes sense considering he put no effort into it in his backstory.
>Regardless, main party finally show up on the scene and infiltrate the evil space station holding That Guy.
>They split the party; the old knight goes one way, the robots stay in a command centre and the two criminals and pilot go off to resuce That Guys.
>Some fun RP and firefights ensue, although That Guy mocks the newbie's character as soon as they first meet.
>It seems like they're all gonna get away, when the BBEG's main henchman shows up again, blocking the Knight's player.
>First time seeing the henchman in combat. Knight ends up sacrificing himself.
>Others escape with some dogfighting.
>Final battle coming up; an all out attack on the Space Station. However some IRL stuff comes up and the two Criminals' players have to leave.
>Newb and NPCs assault space station, but its going poorly, when I get a text.
>When all seems lost, I quickly go to my front door and sneak the two missing players back in, allowing them to join in and save the day.
>Space station blows up, end game with medal ceremony
>>
>>54749377

This guy got it
>>
>>54748904
Toward central Italy there's a lot of picturesque small town that thrive mostly on tourism, where 'botteghe' and small artisan shops are quite commonplace. If you are an artisan and make wooden toys and souvenirs, Pinocchio is pretty much a must-have symbol to hang at your shop window, mostly because most Italians from the past two or three generations have read Pinocchio when they were kids.
>>
>>54749489
Some weeb shit, probably
>>
>>54749516
And mostly because Pinocchio is set in Tuscany and was written by a (((Tuscan)))
>>
>>54749585
>>54749489
Yeah, I'm gonna say Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
>>
>>54748351
Wizard of Oz??
>>
>>54749589
Well, sure, that too
(I drove past Collodi's park just yesterday)
>>
Somebody do The Big Lebowski.
>>
>>54749489
It's blade runner, isn't it.
>>
>>54748721
That was pretty well done, however
>rouge
>>
>>54748351
the +CHA shoes gave it away
>>
>>54749489
bro, we get it, it's Eragon
>>
>Okay, so your character's busy trying to seduce the restaurant owner by fixing up her restaurant, and you guys are helping him for some reason.
>I get that, it's a little weird for truckers, hobos, and a valet, but I get that...
>But then there's this fucker, whose gangster's not even met you guys, and I don't even want to get into his shrimp magical realm.
>>
>>54750224
This sounds like Tampopo but it probably isn't.
>>
>>54750265
Correct!
>>
>>54749104
>>54749172
>Have a kung fu setting with 5 characters who have risen to fame, have their own palace.
>New guy wants to join
>It's the fat guy's first time so I'll make his character really important.
>He rolls up a level 1 pacifist monk with cooking skills to join our group.
>Everyone rolls their eyes. They need a bard, if anything.
>Whatever, lets roll with it.
>Fat guy is from the village surrounding player's palace.
>Palace is holding auditions for new recruit. First challenge is reaching the top of a 1,500 stair climb.
>Strength roll...monk critically fails and falls down the stairs.
>Somehow finds a firework cart and gets on top of it.
>Everyone is rolling their eyes, but I want to help him out.
>Lights all the fireworks at once and holds on.
>I roll a dice behind the screen. It's a 1.
>"You land right in the middle of the audition! Crushing girl player."
>Girl player is being a dick and tries to push new guy out.
>DMPC shows up and calls Fat Guy the Chosen One.
>Next few hours are training the fat guy with martial arts.
>A message comes from the north, unbenownst to the team.
>A great evil has escaped.
>>
>>54752361
Kung Fu Panda, took three lines
>>
>>54753114

Shouldn't have taken that long, as he wrote it on request.
>>
>>54749621
Nono, it's FInal Fantasy 12
>>
>This is a multi-part campaign
>Me and other players are in the same world even if we play in different sessions
>Have a STR 20 feeling that the GM favours another group more than mine, especially since that group is made of two others that temporarily merged
>Be playing knight
>Dex score over the top
>GM was pissy about it and in a long ass character art made me lose a hand, and with it a good chunk of my Dex score
>Be still in a good relations with other players of my group despite having had colossal party drama
> one plays a badass ex-mercenary, now a knight, knighted after one of the major battles of the setting
>the girl in the group is playing in incestuous sister (I bet this sorge GM's magical realm), which is also a queen
> the new guy plays a king-pirate-adventurer that really fucking enjoys murdering everything that he is needed to murder
>we are at war with the other group which has the GM's gf, which is a Mary Fucking Sue
>we are winning this war tho trough strategical acumen and good rolls

Cont
>>
>>54753530

>surprise surprise
>both our groups are merged temporarily because some of us are gonna meet in battle
>some as "me, mercenary and the new guy" and "GM's gf"
>new guy is convinced by the mercenari to just for this time use an npc noble knight
>who also has a name which is easy to make fun of with dick jokes
>new guy's not salty at all about it
>meet in battle GM's gf
>It's bullshit
>it begins as us with some hundred or so man at arms against a fuckhueg light cavalry horde
>I order to brace and yaddeyaddeyadda all that counter-cavalry formations stuff
>The gf presents herself on the battlefield riding a dragon
>Mfw we lose a good dozen of men every time she attacks
>In the meantime me and Ser Dick-joke start raking up kills
>The ex-mercenary in the meantime is trying to shoot down Mary Sue on Wings trough some archery rolls and exotic weapons proficiency
>a hit lands, the GM wants to fiat it away
>we manage to rule lawyer him into counting the hit and menace him of leaving the game
>he is too much of a sissy to say no
>GM's gf is now tending to the downed dragon
>I charge in on my horse to kill her
>I almost die because the dragon decides it would be nice to spit fire in my face
>I survive because new guy manages to throw me off me horse and into the nearby river
>>
>>54753530
Second line, already obvious it's GoT
>>
>>54753530
>>54753553
Spoilers mang.
>>
>>54749621
Is some anon crazy enough to make on of these of LoGH?
>>
>One guy really wants to play a space opera setting
>Like, really wants to play one
>Writes this whole tragic backstory, basically forces the rest of the group to make aliens
>Rest of the group is tried of his shit, makes the least cohesive party ever
>Eventually, after lots of fights, comedy, and fantastic rp, the group agrees to follow annoying shit, and that his plotline is kinda interesting
>His girlfriend joins, makes tough as nails space nomad human babe
>Oh boy, here we go
>Actually reigns in annoying shit, game gets considerably better
>"Classically trained actor" player reveals he was evil all along! Muhahahahahahahaha!
>No one is surprised but dude who only shows up to every other session, but made a crafter so he could still be useful
>After many hours, DM isn't sure how to end the game
>Annoying shit: "Evil incorporeal magic space nazis are used to power the mcguffin!"
>Sure, lets go with that.

>I'll name the planet...
>Steve
>>
>>54753636
My man, I was expecting a greentextization of Titan AE since it was first mentioned in the thread
>>
Actually did this one.

>one-off campaign for then-12-year-old brother
>using his usual character, a legendary-hero ranger dipping into thief
>The kingdom is being threatened by a dangerous rebel faction that has captured a fortress to the north
>They've captured a high wizard and the crown prince and are holding them ransom
>To try to keep his son alive as long as possible, the king cannot make overt action
>You're on his own for this one
>Master-at-arms gives you a scrying mirror (standard nobility magic) to stay in contact and seek advice
>Sneak into castle
>Find high wizard
>He's missing one arm and one leg, cauterized shut
>Rebels are raising a massive earth elemental based on old charter magic
>Requires the blood of the high mage's lineage and the royalty's lineage to summon
>Wizard succumbs to his injuries after telling you this
>Leave the body, a guard with a suspicious voice accosts you
>tense standoff
>my brother rolls to grapple bc unarmed proficiency
>Knocks helmet off, it's the prince in disguise
>Get prince up to speed
>Prince Merrill agrees to join your party
>Only way out is forward deeper into the dungeons
>Descend into bowels of fortress
>Suddenly prince starts acting strange
>Mindflayer imprisoned in fortress dungeons released by the rebels, on the loose
>Takes control of prince
>Tense combat with mindflayer
>Finally win
>Prince thanks you, offers to heal your wounds with royal spells
>>
Fuck my group. Strap in.
>Half the players doesn't show up for the first session
>The only two who did hand me their character sheets
>They're barely legible and the paper is ripped and beat to shit, like they just scrawled something out during the car ride over
>One's a fairly bog standard bard. High charisma, but fuckall for int
>The other, a rogue, decided he could game the system if he focused on int to make up for what his partner lacks
>Combined their charisma is through the roof
>But neither of them prioritized actual combat

first encounter
>Rogue decides we'll start the session swindling thugs out of their gold in the alley behind the inn
>All the while the bard is playing music to keep the public busy, unaware that his melody is actually a spell causing the dice to roll favorably every time
>Thugs quickly catch on because seriously they make EVERY SINGLE ROLL win
>"Okay time to see if all that minmaxing payed off"
>Rogue rolls bluff. Fails immediately
>Bard, and I quote, "angrily plays his lute at them"
>Players start arguing OOC about how to play it off
>Immediately resort to dueling in character, despite my protest as PvP is and has never been allowed in my games
>I try to hand wave it by telling them they have no weapons. Because they don't. The only things on their character sheet is the clothes on their back and the lute.
>"Then I take the guards sword and aim it at him!"
>"What? No you ca-"
>"Yeah? Well I do the same!"
>Players start rolling to duel- no matter how many times I tell them they can't just take the guards weapons- but not actually doing any damage to each other, my head is placed firmly in my palms
>They fight all across the fucking market and out of nowhere fucking book it as everyone's distracted by the fight
>Eventually the mob catches up to them. By now they've managed to piss off half the town, one of which is a minotaur pit fighter. End up pinned against a 20 foot drop
>"I jump"
>"You what?"
>"Me too!"

cont.
>>
>>54754033
>Not wanting to just TPK them five minutes into the game, I have them land in two conveniently placed barrels of water.
>The barrels are then nailed shut and loaded up on a ship without the dockworkers noticing
>Thinking I actually get these two back on the rails if I just ship them to a new environment all together

second session
>Several days and one stolen horse later (for some fucking reason one of the bard’s skills let him talk to animals) they’re following a map to the macguffin they were meant to win at the bar, but ended up just stealing from the men on the boat.
>Neither of the players have a single skill to help them navigate the jungle, they’re ALL charisma based.
>Wind up so completely lost they get captured by a tribe of lizardmen, too weak to fight and half dead from the journey.
>Lizardmen take them to their secret megacity hidden in the jungle and throw them at the foot of their chief to be sacrificed.
>”Wait why do they want to kill us? What did we do?”
>”You’re a human, they’ve probably never seen one before and don’t know what else to do with you.”
>Notice a glint in the bards eye when I mention them never seeing a human before
>He passes me a note. I slam my head on the desk
>”Alright. Fuck it. If you roll high enough I’ll let it pass. But good luck with-“
>You’ve got to be fucking kidding me

>”So the high priest and the chief descend from the ziggurat and to your surprise, bows before you. Repeating the following.”
>”My lords! As I had predicted, the gods have arrived to stand before us! Please my lords, what name shall we call you?”
>So what’s your godly name going to be? Bear in mind this is a roughly aztec kind of tribal who’s language is-
>”I am Miguel!”
>”And I am Tulio!”
>”And you may call us Miguel and Tulio”

And so begins a full campaign riding completely on luck, some of the most ridiculous bluff checks I’ve ever seen.
>>
>Shitton of players
>Want to play a mecha game
>Have them all pilot it at once
>One of them doesn’t want to be a pilot OOC, so another character keeps the character from joining in
>Each time, I roll to determine who the main pilot is
>Kill off their character afterwards
>The more people die, the more tragic and detailed the remaining players make their characters' backstories
>Non-pilot is only one who lives at the end
>Tfw a campaign about fighting robots became a combat-light tragedy
>>
>>54754033

Road to El Dorado
>>
>>54754026
>Progressing deeper into dungeon
>Suddenly prince coughs
>You turn
>Blade at his throat
>You recognize the wielder
>It's the legendary old swordsman of no nation, Margei
>Aligned with the rebels against the king
>Challenges you to a sword duel for the life of the prince
>Tense sword battle
>Margei gets upper hand
>Suddenly, the shadows coalesce
>It's the King's Monomach, Griss Shadowstep
>Griss cuts off Margei's arm and disappears
>You grab the prince and hightail it out
>Your scrying mirror illuminates
>An unknown voice warns you of dangerous war machines in the courtyard ahead
>Sure enough, puzzle fight with a massive war machine spitting fire
>Just barely manage to figure out its weak spot and defeat it
>Keep going
>Find a nervous magician hiding after hearing the explosion
>He's the architect of the charter magic spell to raise the elemental
>Thought it would be used to defend the kingdom, not attack it
>Is useless in combat, but knows the fortress
>has a scrying mirror and will stay in contact with you
>Keep going
>Walking a narrow path between the ramparts
>Suddenly an arrow sinks into the prince's side
>He collapses
>A voice rings out from far off
>It's the disgraced former second-in-command of the King's Army, Lina Lupa, renowned for her keen eye with a longbow
>Have a tense archer duel, finally defeating her
>She gives a lengthy monologue & hands you her handkerchief as a token before asking to be put out of her misery
>My brother gives her an honorable death with the earnest solemnity only a 12-year-old can muster
>"As you walk away, you leave the handkerchief... for you have no more tears to shed."
>I see his fist clench involuntarily because he feels cool and badass
>>
>>54754066
Bokurano. Easy.
>>
>>54754026
>>54754319
Metal Gear?!
>>
>>54754418
Here's your trophy. I took some liberties with tying in some characters, cutting some extra fights, and eliding a lot of the political stuff that, obviously, doesn't make sense in a half-baked homebrew fantasy setting.

All that's left is the Vulcan Raven fight (a knight in heavy plate with a massive machine gun bolted on the front, which my brother defeated by getting close and then using the barrel to flip him on his back, immobilizing him), and then the fight with your "white shadow" on top of the activated golem as it lumbered towards the kingdom capital.

It was a fun way to spend 9 hours of a shitty blizzard.
>>
File: blah blah unfunny filename.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
blah blah unfunny filename.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>54748124
>GM tries to make a one man campain about ordinary life
>doing my thing, check calls for something interesting
>nat 20
>two in game hours later, meet strange dude
>use more lucky rolls to get OP and fuck with GM
>he gets pissed and makes self insert to kill my guy
>eventually shut down the "normal life" and kill GM's self insert
>he just quits
>mfw
>>
>>54754498
The Matrix.
>>
>>54754498
You forgot the part where the GM keeps hijacking NPCs, playing them totally out of character trying to kill the PC, and to add insult to injury he only has one character voice.
>>
>>54754486
Honestly sounds like a fun time.
I've considered having an arc where the villains are basically Metal Gear villains before, I should actually get around to doing that sometime.
>>
>>54754498
wanted?
>>
>>54754621
Dude, anything is fun when you're doing it with your 10-year-younger clone. Which this brother is.

I've been thinking about a seven-person squadron tied into both the colors of the rainbow and the seven bodily materials of Ayurveda medicine. There's a seed of inspiration for you on the house.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dh%C4%81tu_(Ayurveda)
>>
>>54753620
>Been Running a Humans-only Spacefaring campaign with the same Players for the last 30 years using Traveller.
>It's pretty good.
>>
>>54754691
wrong
>>54754554
bingo
>>54754564
Yep. Also forgot the part where he just gives me a +5 bonus in unarmed combat.
>>
>>54749365
I thought the exact same thing my nigga
>>
File: C2o800dXAAEoXou.jpg-large.jpg (161KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C2o800dXAAEoXou.jpg-large.jpg
161KB, 1152x2048px
>>54748351
www.filmreroll.com
>>
>DM just said "You're on a spaceship. It's massive. Everyone got amnesia."
>One player made a rogue with high Charisma, another one made a monk that doesn't even speak common, and there was some generic fighter guy.
>The DMPC has amnesia and is unhelpful, ship is largely empty. Party finally gets together and almost gets eaten by a weird trapper cannibal but talk him down into joining them.
>Some fights with evil monsters later, players run into the DMPC again and he turns out to be evil and crazy.
>Nat 20 perception, ship is not in space.
>>
>>54755487
Alien: Cove Nant
>>
>>54755487
Pandorum?
>>
>>54755545
Yeah!
>>
>>54755487
>>54755545
>>54755561
Great flick.
>>
>starts single player RP-heavy modern campaign
>player makes a young professional struggling with insomnia
>meets DMPC on a work trip
>finds himself homeless
>makes a great diplomacy roll on his boss, gets free money for life
>???
>explodes a bank?
>>
>>54755761
Fight Club
>>
File: references.png (262KB, 1344x1422px) Image search: [Google]
references.png
262KB, 1344x1422px
>>
>>54749297
Darths and Droids is the longform version of this
>>
>>54754486
>riding out a storm with your younger sibling as you gm a one-man campaign for him
That's comfy as fuck
>>
>>54754702
Thanks, anon. I'll check it out.
>>
>>54756216
i stopped darths and droids with anh. it sort of fell off
>>
>we want an all-Ranger campaign
>okay.jpeg
>he lets us apply templates to our companions and get more
>I put the Air Creature template on my Dire Rat and actually gets a varied team, one refuses to catch anything but fish and this Egg Golem she treats like a baby, and the last one puts the Earth template on EVERYTHING except the Lesser Kitsune, which has Fire

>we've been fighting two rival Rangers and their snake, cat, and Living Spell Stinking Cloud for a while now, and always winning handily

>time for a new boss, says GM

>hooks us in by having a mysterious benefactor invite us to a tournament through a fancy proxy - he sent a Bronze Dragon to receive a Sending from his original proxy, some maidservant, right in front of the party so we could hear
>we head out to sail to the announced location, but a huge storm breaks out and no normal ship can get through
>the enemy Rangers we usually fight ferry us across in disguise, because none of Fish Girl's fish were strong enough to carry them across and all I had for water crossings was a turtle so why not
>we get to the island, everyone has a feast in the castle, other Rangers are here for this tournament
>suddenly, a catfolk Psion shows up and starts yelling at everyone about how we're all weak and stupid, and how he's going to wipe them out with his superior psychic summons
>also turns out his maidservant was brainwashed all along, she was actually a medic
>he uses his PSYCHIC SUMMONS to beat a couple of other companions and steals them, even stealing my Fire Drake
>okay that's it, we're out of here
>NOPE, he steals my turtle and my Plant-templated Giant Frog, too
>I take the hits so my Dire Rat can escape
>and now he got my rat

>we've officially hit rock bottom
>but WAIT, I break the summon storage machine with a STR check, says GM
>neat.jpg

>now I'm leading an army of animal companions against a bunch of psychic copies of them, and Psion obviously tries to murder me
>another Psion shows up and saves me
>cont.
>>
>>54757108
>PSION FIGHT
>COMPANION FIGHT

>GM says if this doesn't stop, everyone in the room is going to die
>it was at that moment I thought up the most idiotic plan
>I throw myself right between the Psions' powers, and die instantly
>summons look at me
>animal companions look at me
>GM plays sad music and describes everyone starting to cry
>Psions kiss and make up, rez me, and erase everyone's memories of what happened
>we're back at the harbor

>"hey guys, remember that giant bird from my backstory?" I say to the rest of the party
>"maybe it happened again"
>>
>>54757108
>>54757163
Pokémon: The First Movie
>>
>>54757232
Ding!
>>
>>54748124
>having trouble finding players for campaign
>Have two guys, total edgelords
>One makes a huge fighter with a tragic backstory about being badly burned in a magical experiment that leads him to lash out
>Another makes a birdman loner who's faced discrimination from humans
>Immediately decide to become rivals
>Can't find any other players, when my little cousin shows up and decides she wants to play
>Makes a little girl char focused entirely on restraining people for some reason
>Edgelords spend all their time bickering, don't even care about the three headed demon I've set loose to destroy the kingdom
>Cousin tries to convince edgelords to save the kingdom for sunshine and rainbows and shit
>They get pissed, say stuff you really shouldn't be saying in front of a kid
>She decides to take on the demon on her own
>Edgelords feel bad and finally stop bickering and help her
>Team up and actually manage to win
>>
>>54748124
Oh man, that's some tasty OP.
>>
>>54753530

Game of Thrones?
>>
>>54754418
Second floor basement?
>>
>New campaign
>Only two players show up
>Both of them made bards with all their points in perform
>when they find this out they decide they must be brothers
>toss my notes and cobble something together.
>game opens with one picking up the other from the royal dungeons
>the two of them do some good roleplaying with each other in the carriage, then end up picking up a quest hook
>the quest is holy in nature, so they cant just steal to fulfill it.
>over the next couple of nights the rest of the party shows up.
>they never actually get told what the quest is.
>since everyone made bards, the campaign ends up having an emphasis on performance and cart chases
>in the end end up fleeing from the royal gaurd, another band of bards, and an apocalyptic cult with an eagle motif.
>campaign ends with everyone in prison.
>>
>>54757434
Blues Brothers?
>>
File: Untitled.png (235KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
235KB, 582x600px
>make lovingly handcrafted low fantasy world
>ensure events are as realistic as possible in terms of consequences for player actions
>hate weeb shit, tell players to only do low fantasy stuff
>player 1 makes Str build Barbarian, chaotic neutral, tragic backstory
>player 2 makes Dex build Knight, true neutral
>party does pretty well, defeats most enemies handily
>surprise magical creature boss monster beats them but they both burn fate points to escape
>I decide the monster is honorable, have some great ideas about how to work him into the plot further
>PCs do some dickish things but it moves the plot forward
>player 1 keeps wanting his character to seduce tsundere female NPC sidekick, keeps nagging me, I won't let him
>player 2's character gets good in-universe reputation
>tries to become king of generic kingdom he was fighting for
>tell him he hasn't got that far yet, he demands rolls for it anyway in diplomacy and seduction stuff
>he fails and is out of fate points
>he would die, but he bitches about having to roll a new character so I say his character is tortured and has a permanent stat debuff instead
>meanwhile Player 1 is considering leaving because this is getting boring so I let him secude the NPC chick
>player 2 cops out and his knight uses the bullshit devil summoning artifact that was supposed to have just been a note in his backstory to get his stats back
>he offers player 1's character as part of the pact
>and rapes player 1's waifu just as a meme
>finally tell him he's done with that character, I'm letting his knight become the BBEG now, he has to roll a new one
>player 2 decides my campaign is stupid and quits
>player 1 is really pissed so I say he escaped barely alive and give him some good loot
>recruit new players
>cleric, rogue, swordmaster, no problems there
>add new challenging encounters, everyone has a good time
>promise everyone nothing will get too weeb

>finally player 2 returns with a new character
>mfw its a super kawaii Magical Girl
>>
>>54757606
Is this Berserk?
>>
>>54757477
yup
heres another one i like that will probably be easy to guess.
>friend and i find a new DM
>should be good.
>game opens with us getting engaged and running off to tell a close acquaintance.
>standard dark and stormy night, we come to a blocked road and the horse gets away.
>seeking shelter, find a nearby castle.
>some sort of party going on inside.
>we boggle for a bit at a bunch of bizarre nobles, and then the castles owner shows up.
>hes an insane sorcerer, and he invites us to stay the night.
>shows everybody in attendance his golem project, standard stuff.
>during the night in game, gm railroads both of us into having sex with the sorcerer
>my friend decides fuck it, and goes whole hog with this idea, and ends up trying to fuck the golem.
>sorcerer goes ballistic.
>new player joins, minmaxed as fuck with bonuses in int at the expense of being unable to walk.
>creepy dinner scene happens, new player gets to talk about his motivation.
>eventually, some more stuff happens, the dm goes full magical realm, and the finale is a big sequence of the sorcerer mind controlling everyone to sing and dance before his minions murder him.
>castle is teleported into a diffrent dimension and were left lying in a field in womens clothing.
the worst part was probably the dms friends watching the whole thing. i swear, they just wouldnt shut up through the whole thing.
>>
>>54757674
We've all played that game with that kind of DM at one point or another. it's a horror show every time
>>
>>54757674
Sounds like it was a pretty rocky trip. Did you guys eat any curry?
>>
>>54757802
I don't know, with a game like that, you'd think meatloaf would be on the menu
>>
>>54757283
Okay, I give up. At first I thought it was Batman, but the girl is throwing me off
>>
File: Ghidrahthethreeheadedmonster.jpg (17KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
Ghidrahthethreeheadedmonster.jpg
17KB, 188x268px
>>54757866
>>
Alright here's my attempt
>be playing a game of GURPS
>GM tells me My character starts as standard human
>human looking for salaryman job
>GM explains there's some strange thing going on in the park I'm close to
>Investigate
>GM says there's a giant lobsterman thing going on a rampage, singling out a particular kid with weird facial features
>Fuck getting a job, I got to save that kid
>Start going towards the lobster thing and try to intimidate it
>Lobsterman doesn't give two shit, says he's going to kill that kid because he laughed at him
>tell him something about fighting his own size and such
>He goes on about his backstory of how he became a monster
>Don't care, time to fight this guy
>Lobsterthing and me go at it
>Lobsterthing has natural armor can't get through with just punches
>Ask GM what I'm wearing
>Says three piece suit and tie
>Perfect.jpg
>Undo my tie and jump towards lobsterthing's face
>Get tie around one of his eyestalks and pull as hard as I can
>Lobsterman is pulled inside out
>Child thanks me or saving his life
>Decide for one year to do physical training and become a full time hero
>Right, like the GM's going to actually want to run thi-
>The kid's father is a really rich dude and founds the Hero Association.
>GM hands me a sheet with a readily made human character
>It's my character sheet... but with fucking ludicrous strength and martial powers beyond comprehension
>no Kung-fu though
>that's odd...
>>
>>54757947
caped baldy adventures
>>
>>54753636
It was Bob, the planet's name was Bob. And Titan AE is a beautiful and underrated film.
>>
>GM is running Mutants and Masterminds
>his setting's "high supers" the same way D&D is high fantasy
>but we're all in-training
>That Guy runs Detonator, three guesses what he does
>decides that no matter what I do, he's heavily involved in my backstory
>another guy modifies his PC from a magical girl campaign he was in a few years ago, calls her Event Horizon
>third guy builds a speedster, names himself Nitro
>fourth guy goes and makes a temperature controller, Thermostat - stays in the background for half the campaign
>I figured I'd make some kinda Batman or Iron Man-type, maybe even a self-made Kamen Rider-style guy, name him Windup, but GM points me to his setting bible
>apparently there ARE no gadget heroes
>so much for that
>GM says I can keep the "studies people's powers" thing, though
>okay
>Session 0 is us establishing backstories
>Detonator bullied my PC his entire childhood but I was too busy thinking all the people with powers were cool to be mad
>then I got caught up in a fight between Detonator and some sewage thing
>almost died, but then not!Superman saved me
>saw my notebook full of in-universe character sheets
>injected me with not!Kryptonian DNA
>Session 0 training montage
>okay, now we're all playing, first test time
>oops I still can't use my new powers without breaking my everything
>but we all got in, yay
>wait, I still need a cape name
>uhhh how about Greenhorn?
>sure, says everyone
>>
my party:

>LG monk, played by munchkin (almost Pun-Pun tier)
>TN psion played by munchkin
>NG warmage played by the only player who actually takes campaign seriously
>CN psion, player is pissed about the other psion minmaxing
>useless LG scout
>homosexual Paladin joke character who takes extreme measures to remain celibate

the munchkins carry the rest of the party through every encounter
>>
>>54749333
>>54749335
>>54749377
You beautiful bastards
>>
File: God_Hand_Manga.jpg (108KB, 728x525px) Image search: [Google]
God_Hand_Manga.jpg
108KB, 728x525px
>>54757670

Yes, hard to be subtle when everyone knows the memes
>>
>>54758069
Boku no Hero Acd.
but that ain't no film son,
>>
>>54758119
True. I felt things were going towards a general "describe media as campaign" once Berserk dropped, but you have a point.
>>
>>54758148
Is a fun exercise anyway, enjoy.
>>
>half the party wants to play call of cthulhu
>the other half wants to play battletech RPG
>try to compromise with a creative solution
>make a decent campaign
>turns out the players are major edgelords who only care about dramatizing all the SUFFERING their characters are going through
>end the game prematurely, refuse to finish it
>a while later we joke about it, finally decide to give it one last shot
>give the players a final session
>they don't like it either
>>
>dm promises us we're gonna do a silly military-themed campaign
>larger than life characters, soldiers bantering, the works
>story starts out with player 1, playing the bog-standard "special ops guy with personal demons" gets mission to assassinate rogue officer, and then he's ferried along to meet the rest of the group
>rest of the party is player 2's "young black hopeful teenager", 3's "mature older guy, 4's "silly surfer dude who drops acid" and my "talkative former chef"
>1 meets up with the rest of the group but doesn't actually tell everyone IC why we're going across the whole map in a boat
>you can hear dm start drumming his fingers eagerly in the background
>first encounter is a raid on a beach, lots of explosions, ridiculous colonel character (who's also a surfer and gives 4's character his board, probably 'cause 4's a girl and dm can't keep it in)
>but we don't actually fight
>the entire encounter's over before anyone actually gets on the ground
>we collectively go "wtf that ain't fun" but dm suddenly retcons the colonel giving the board to 4 stealing the board, so we're hurried along
>lots of little encounters along the way, but they're all cock-blocks (meet a tiger but dm says we're too scared to fight it, being part of a riot at a concert but we don't actually get in a fight with anyone) to the point where we end up trying to start a fight with some guys who are obviously hidden terrorists, but dm suddenly says "you just shot some civilians there weren't any guns" despite all the hints he gave
>and then like an encounter later player 2's guy gets shot, and DM says he dies, no saves or chances to heal
>and then an encounter after that, 3 gets impaled by a random spear from the bushes
>the first one made us angry but the second one made us wonder what the fuck we were getting into
>at this point its 1's guy, mine, and 4 (who was already bored with it so she just played on her phone so she just said her guy was too high to do anything)
cont.
>>
>>54758175

Apocalypse Now?
>>
>Friend somehow ropes me in to running a game for a group of people I've never met
>Only info I have to go on is that they want a supers game set in the modern day
>Still, my friend said they were dedicated roleplayers, so I'm at least somewhat optimistic going in
>I see everyone's character sheets for the first time
>killme.gif
>They all made brooding high schoolers with edgy backstories
>Their characters don't even have a reason to be working together
>Fuck it
>They all get teleported somewhere by a wizard
>Wizard explains that it is their mission to stop a garbage pail kid from the moon
>Players clearly think this is stupid, but they try to roll with it
>Every time they try to brood I make the game goofier
>Just for good measure, the PCs superpowers all run on friendship
>>
>hey guys, I wanna run a historical campaign
>"okay but can I port my Alchemist?"
>sure why not, the Thule Society's involved anyway, but you can't use your powers there
>"it's cool"

>"GM you didn't tell me you were reusing all the NPC's from the last campaign"
>didn't I?
>"why is everyone Nazis?"
>oh, so you didn't really get it did you?

>by the way they have a portal into your world now
>"OH GOD WHY"
>don't worry they're all gonna die
>"what"
>>
>>54748124

>Run Short L5R game with friends
>Akodo Kensai with Kharmic Enemy for the guy what murdered his dad, Hida Pragmatist with Hero of the People, True Ronin (Mechanics as Monkey) with True Love and Great Destiny
>Everyone's a Ronin
>Everything goes to shit when two characters (Hida and Akodo) decide to accept the suspicious as fuck job offer instead of working over the dude for info
>Suddenly it's two players and an NPC kidnapping a Crane on behalf of other Cranes while the Monkey tries to stop them
>I guess we're running a villain campaign now
>Villainous-PCs come up with plan OOC. Slowly split up while being pursued by Monkey.
>Akodo duels the Monkey, surrenders, has his life spared.
>Keep chasing. Hida repeats. Monkey outwits NPC and kills him, escapes with the kidnapping target into shadowlands.
>Shit goes south, they leave shadowlands and get captured by the cranes
>Turns out it's a plot, Crane Lord wants to use the Crane they rescued as cassus belli to start a war with the Crab during major shadowlands assault.
>Monkey gets tortured to shit, corpse thrown out
>Has Great Destiny, so he's alive
>Akodo and Hida find him, get him to Shugenja, heal him to pretty bad wound penalties
>Decide to do a three man storm (Well, two men and a cripple) of the Crane Castle.
>Fucking works
>Akodo finds and duels his Kharmic Nemesis, killing him and avenging his father (Backstory bullshit but he played it sweet)
>Monkey bluffs like a scorpion and saves the Crane Girl
>They all manage to escape on horseback while the castle is in chaos.
>>
>>54758198

Power Rangers?
>>
>>54758175
>other two guys are just sitting back and talking because they had nothing better to do
>we finally get to the damn assassination target but the dm says he has literally hundreds of armed guards around him and his compound at all times
>the idea is to start trying to infiltrate it from the inside but then the dm splits us up
>i'm starting to get tired of this so i take a shot in the dark and say "my guy goes back to the boat and tries to call in an airstrike on the place"
>dm says "you succeeded in calling them, they'll call back at nightfall to confirm it"
>he then passes me a note that says "the guards overheard you and snuck onto the boat and cut your head off"
>i'm outright pissed at this, and the dm barely says anything beyond "this'll pay off guys, trust me"
>the assassination target starts talking to player 1's guy
>and he *talks*
>the dm does this really bad marlon brando impression and just starts spilling out pointless philosophy about killing people and trying to scare them or something
>i barely remember what he was talking about but i figured we all guessed it was his own personal philosophy
>then player 1 just gave up, he says he pulls out his combat knife and guts him
>dm says the guards would kill him
>player 1 points out he said the guards left so he could give his soliloquy in peace
>dm tries to go ballistic at this point...but he's too milquetoast to actually do it, so he just fizzles out and says "okay, you killed him"
>player 1 gets 4's guy and heads back to the boat, but we all decided that this was just way too dark and dumb to want to continue it any further, so we just cut off the campaign there
>1 a few weeks later said that he knew it was going to be all artsy-fartsy from the beginning, but he thought it might be fun to do something serious
>he just got pissed when the dm executed it so badly that he just gave up on going with it
>>
>>54758203
FMA: Conquerer of Shamballa
>>
>That Guy Evoker who insists on finding every single artifact mentioned in my setting bible and some that aren't
>idiot Fighter who I gave a lightsaber so he could feel special
>Cleric/Monk multiclass, gets way too into roleplaying
>what happens when I let someone use half-breed templates

>just for fun, I have a GMPC demon show up for the chaos every now and then, sometimes bailing them out and sometimes making things worse

>everyone blows all their cash on feasts
>>
>>54758171
Eva?
>>
>>54758206

princess bride: weeb edition
>>
>>54758225
Was it that obvious?
>>
>>54758231
Slayers
>>
>>54758249
To me; but then, I'm one of those people who always ends up heatedly defending the original anime whenever someone starts on about how much better Brotherhood was.
>>
>>54758245

Damn straight.
>>
>>54758233

of course, isn't it obvious, baka?
>>
>>54754049
Road to el dorado? Love the story
>>
>>54758197
yeah
probably went a little overboard but it is a long movie after all
>>
Does /tg/ likes Screen Crashers?
>>
>>54757947
Single Strike Sam.
>>
>>54753530
>>54753553
Well thanks man I hadn't seen that episode yet. >:(
>>
>>54757839
Meatloaf again?!
>>
>start party out in a relatively large city
>local Cleric reports that an evil Wizard sacrificed himself to Planar Bind a bunch of Fiendish fish and cast a custom Epic weather-control spell
>now they have to survive the coming storm

>"hey can I have a rotating serrated sword?"
>okay why not, I didn't really think this through

>we then spent the next year describing people dying in hurricanes, one player cutting open demon fish with his rotating serrated sword, and another player getting a bunch of golem limbs grafted onto her because why not

>they have a kid
>after a while I just had the spell supercharge itself and end the world, but the kid cast a time travel spell so they could go back and stop the original wizard
>>
>DM can't actually decide what setting we are playing in.
>we roll with it because the story is good.
>group of young rangers send by the king to fight a rebellion
>at the end of the campaign only one of the PCs survives
>players leave. DMs 11 y old kid brother wants to learn the game
>they continue to follow the BBEG with the kids character and the ranger
>kids character dies after fighting some mobs in a mine
>kid leaves the game, two new characters join
>ok guy player and his gf. She is apparently trying to win the opression olympics, the others have to drag her disabled character along
>kid player returns to the game, dm gives him some silly talking pet
>>
>>54758490
Thats the books story. Not the movie!
>>
>>54758477
Sharknado?
>>
>>54758580
Yep.
>>
>remember when I told you guys to bring snacks to this session?
>yeah
>well, that's gonna be your character, what'd you bring?
>cereal
>raisins
>chips
>chocolate
>alright I can work with this, let me just get my plans and... I'll have to do this from memory.
>why?
>someone stole it while I was at Arby's
>so are we still doing this?
>yeah, just let me... just let me think a little. you guys work out your backstories and I'll get back to you.
>>
File: ie.jpg (31KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
ie.jpg
31KB, 282x341px
>Playing cool Police based campaign
>Group's wanted.
>Need to run from police.
>Decide to steal van and pass border with that.
>Fucking family in van.
>Doesn't matter, We still get in.
>Group member is completly retarded and does retarded shit that almost busts us.
>Lel ERP With the NPC
>Lel shoot gun while hidden.
>Have to school that guy because of retardation.
>We manage to cross border.
>Yay. I'm excited to know what the GM Has for us.
>We stop to mexican pub to get supplies and to cheer the fact that we passed the border.
>It's an half stripclub, half pub.
>Sitting in the pub, buying alchool for my pg. (He was supposed to be a badass guy)
>See tard still talking with Npc stripper.
>Fucking virgin players.
>GM rolls.
>Gm gives piece of paper to retard dude.
>He falls on the fucking ground.
>What.
>"Roll initative"
>What.
>Mfw Gm put Vampires in police modern story just to kill retarded dude.
>>
>GM running a supers game
>Game starts with us getting summoned into another world to help its inhabitants
>Roll up a psion
>Not really sure what to do with the rest of my points, so stick them in the everything that makes magic items better
>Second player builds an adaptation-type, gains new abilities on the fly
>Needs to take a drawback to pay for it.
>Says they need to befriend someone with that abilitiy
>GM says "sure whatever"
>Last character reveals his character sheet.
>Jesus fucking christ
>Minmaxed straight to hell
>I have literally no idea how his combat modifiers are that high, but neither me nor the other player could touch him.
>Plays him like an arrogant asshole
>Would rather fuck with the GMPC than actually follow the plot.
>Refuses to participate in the entire first arc, which he could have solo'ed
>Find out that the whole plot is going to be about games
>It's actually not about games, it's pure combat.
>End the campaign with a mecha on the moon.
>Only 10 sessions ;_;
>>
>>54758681
From Dusk Till Dawn? Never thought I'd see the day.
>>
>GM one on one session with his GF
>Modern setting
>GM's self insert NPC
>Some BS reason GF's character has to get a huge sum of money in under half an hour
>She gets close but fails
>To keep the game from ending GM rewinds time to let her try again
>Gets closer this time but still messes up, getting GMPC killed
>Third time GF just wants to quit so GM makes up some BS luck and the day is saved
>>
>>54758749
Run Lola Run?
>>
>>54748850
Didn't know it was known outside of... I swear you fuckers are one of the most conceited nations in the world. And you're not even a nation, you're an amalgamation of former city states whose languages you consider dialects, you have shit schools, economy, and politics, while still thinking a fucking fascist was a pretty good leader. How you allegiance-switching faggots remain a country is beyond me.
>>
>>54748124
>One guy plays a naive bard who works at a popular tavern
>Another plays his dumb fighter friend who frequents the tavern
>Third player plays arrogant second bard, finds players one and two super annoying irl and in game.
>Tavern owner, who's like an adoptive father to the first bard, passes him over for an important position in favor of the second bard, citing first bard's lack of maturity
>First bard is crushed
>Meanwhile, BBEG steals from the God of the Sea and pins it on tavern owner
>God of the Sea shows up in a rage, threatening to kill the tavern owner unless he returns what he stole
>First bard stumbles in drunk off his ass, accidentally sells out his boss
>instantly regrets it when God of the Sea tries to kill tavern owner
>God of the Sea's kindhearted daughter convinces her father to let First Bard prove the owner's innocence by finding what was stolen within ten days
>dumbass fighter, who's been in the room the whole time, brags they can do it faster. God of the Sea shortens the time limit.
>Second Bard, who'd we'd all been expecting to be apart of the party, is fed up with his fellow player's dumbassery and just leaves. He never comes back, so I make his PC an NPC
>>
>>54758781
The same way a monastery, a penal colony, that place where the proto-fundamentalists went, and nine different corporate boom towns writ large convinced one huge empire to bankrupt itself fighting their corporate benefactors (the other huge empire), then actually broke up over 'wait, are we an alliance or a country,' and them somehow glued themselves back together and got really rich.

Reality is stranger than fiction.
>>
>>54758811
Spongebob.
>>
>player wants to be a heroic Monk
>roleplaying backstory, and first combat encounter goes real bad for him - he gets trounced
>gets real salty and decides he wants to do a villain campaign
>keeps getting his ass kicked and having to run away from encounters
>his character's really poorly optimized; why'd he put so many points into lockpicking?
>since he can't beat anyone on his own, he joins a criminal organization to call on their thugs and assassins for backup
>gang sends him on quest to break BBEG out of prison
>with BBEG on their side, gang is on track to prevail over last heroes
>but monk changes mind at last minute, decides he can't go through with it
>he turns on BBEG, gets his ass kicked even worse than usual
>should really die from this, but he's just so pathetic that I show mercy and let the heroes save him
>use near-death experience as an excuse to let him re-stat his character, since he clearly needs it
>turns out he's been studying the system, and this time min-maxes the shit out of his character
>using new build, single-handedly defeats entire gang and BBEG
>but since he's decided he wants to be a hero again, he spares the BBEG's life in the end
>>
>players were on their smartphones all of session 0, so I just ran a one-shot based on whatever I saw them text, even rolled for them

>they learned not to do that at the gaming table
>>
>>54758676
is this fucking food fight
>>
>>54758811
>The two players speed off on a cart
>After being heckled by two dumbass peasants, their cart is immediately stolen by a scary bandit guy
>Meanwhile, BBEG takes the tavern owner's place as the main eatery of the area, while using the status to filter mind control magic into the populace
>Hires a bounty hunter to kill off the party so they can't stop him
>Meanwhile, the party are exhausted. They have no hope of reaching their destination before the deadline on foot
>Suddenly, come across their cart, tied in front of a beat up bandit tavern with a magical lock.
>Bard tries to sneak up and pickpocket the keys from the bandit who stole their cart while fighter distracts
>Fighter's distraction is stupid as shit and Bard just barely escapes being spotted
>While planning their next move, they accidentally give the patrons reason to believe "weaklings" have come to their bar
>They set up a test to find the "weaklings", but another patron fails before they do and they manage to sneak out with the key in the chaos
>Manage to flee with the cart, continuing the adventure
>Meanwhile, BBEG takes over the whole kingdom with his mind control magic he'd be spreading through his food
>Party runs into a super-mimic in a boneyard, nearly kills them and destroys their cart-right before a massive, monster infested chasm
>>
File: chips.gif (691KB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
chips.gif
691KB, 355x200px
>>54759016
Would you /really/ believe me if I said no?
>>
>>54758922

eeeeeey, Kung Fu Hustle.
>>
>>54759033
>Group despairs of ever finishing the quest, so I improvise and have the Sea God's daughter show up to tell them what's happening while they were gone, to give them motivation
>It backfires and they despair even harder
>Desperate, I have Sea Princess cast a "spell" (really just placebo) that will make them extra powerful
>Placebo works too well, and they jump into the monster infested crevasse. I panic and have a bunch of coincidences save their asses
>They're now convinced the spell has made them invincible
>Just walk through the chasm without a care in the world
>I have some monsters attack them, only for them to make godly intimidation rolls and earn the monsters' respect
>With the monsters' help they exit the chasm, feeling like total badassess. I know I need to bring them down a notch.
>Have the Bounty Hunter show up. He laughs off their "god spell" and tells them it's all bullshit. He proceeds to outclass them in every way
>Suddenly, have big ass cyclops beat the shit out of the bounty hunter and take party prisoner
>They find themselves in the cyclops's lair, where he magically and painfully turns creatures to stone as decoration
>Players are about to give up when they see the Sea God's treasure and realize they actually made it through their quest
>With their newfound confidence, figure out how to free the other creatures and together they overwhelm the cyclops
>>
>>54759230
>Escaping from the lair, fighter takes out magic item Princess gave them to teleport home
>Accidentally wastes it because he is a dumbass
>I say fuck it, and have a giant show up out of nowhere and offer to run them back at super speed out of the goodness of his heart
>Manage to get back just as the God of the Sea is about to kill Tavern Owner
>The day is saved-or not, BBEG pulls his mind control shit on the God of the Sea and prepares to kill the party and Princess
>Suddenly, Bard player gives an out of nowhere speech about how his journey has matured him as a person
>It's actually good so I give a bonus for good roleplaying
>>
>>54759349
>Bard gets really good rolls on his spell/performance and manages to free the God of the Sea from the mind control
>Defeat BBEG
>Bard gets the promotion he always wanted
That ended up way longer than I wanted it to be
>>
>>54756164
I don't get the James Russell one.
>>
>>54757408
You're that ninja!
>>
File: 1499815407325.png (241KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499815407325.png
241KB, 500x500px
>Two players roleplay a several year game as brother gunslingers in college
>When they graduate, one decides to ride off into the sunset while the other goes out in a blaze of glory
>Several years later, they meet up and decide to play one more campaign
>One brother is dead, so player decides to roll up another gunslinger, only he's the biggest fanboy ever.
>Old partner/BBEG of dead brother thinks gunslinger is there to collect on the profit he split with the dead brother. Decides to kill him first.
>Fanboy follows him around, pestering him into one last job to top them all
>Introduce a couple DMNPCs trying to kill the gunslinger. Players seem to like them, so they become a running gag.
>Teams up with the BBEG at one point to try and force the old gunslinger to fight
>Gunslinger is having none of that. Just wants to retire.
>Party splits up, gunslinger goes directly to BBEG to talk to him.
>Rolls high intimidation, BBEG is a coward, takes his stuff, but BBEG isn't an idioit
>BBEG sends all his minions after gunslinger.
>Minions catch up to gunslinger when Fanboy shows up in a carriage.
>Tells him he can only get on once he's finished the job.
>Refuses to help. It's HIS job.
>Gunslinger uses traps to kill the minions and gets in carriage
>Turns out fanboy stole it from the king and is now wanted
>The two go to the capital to have a pretend fight. Fanboy rolls high and convinces everyone he died.
>Gunslinger finally gets to retire
>>
>>54759483
Does it Rustle your Jimmies?
>>
>>54753620
I will try.
>Decide to host a spess game
>Only four players show up
>Decide to start with a bang and tell them that the empire is invading alliance space with a huge space fleet
>That guy and his friend ask me if they can play on empire side
>"wut"
>Other duo chimes in saying it sounds like a cool idea
>"Yeah fine"
>Was planning on making the chars different ranked folks on same ship with that guy in command of the fleet, his friend being the aide, other guy being their tactician and the fourth guy was supposed to be latter ones aide
>Now have to come up with some DMPCs to man the alliance fleet
>Was hoping to have an easy start so i brought up an alliance force twice the size of the imperial force
>Was also planning on just surrounding the enemy fleet and let the players figure out combat through an easy pot shooting
>That guy orders his fleet to bunch up and charge at one fleet
>Ok, it's cool, my fleets can still make it in time if he doesn't...
>That guy rolls a natural 20 to inspire his fleet
>One third of my navy is in ruins
>Alliance player tries to tell his commanding officer in character to unify remaining forces
>Rolls a natural 1
>PC commanders decide to move across the long ass battlefield to meet eachother
>That guy just waltzes around the map and hits the other fleet in the back, killing a DMPC i was hoping to bring along later
>That guy and Alliance guys fleets hit and alliance guy still cant convinve his commander to not be retarded
>I crash a fighter to the side of the bridge of the alliance flagship and knock out the PC comander
>Transfer command of the fleet to the alliance player
>Proceed to watch in horror as that guy and AP start playing cat and mouse after learning that hitting flank is OP
>Their fleets are in form of a huge ring now
>That guys friend reminds him that they should get going in five
>That guy orders his fleet to pull back and AP does the same

Everone except me was having great fun and they asked for more, what do?
>>
>>54759803
>Next session
>Some more folks join in after they started spectating mid last game
>Decide to give the AP a promotion so he doesn't have to roll those cursed diplomacy rolls again
>That guy asks me about his reward, after all he did destroy two thirds of a fleet larger than his own
>Everyone else agrees
>"Fine"
>Dude as already fleet commanding admiral, now i gotta fuck my own in universe lore to fit him on the spot of a grand admiral (of which there should only be 3 at a time)
>Decide not to make him too powerfull and so i make him the second in command of the imperial navy
>Note that the higher nobles and higher military folks dont like this though
>"Ok, then we overthrow them" says that guy
>Starts immediatedly plotting on taking down the emperor and taking over the empire with his group of friends he forms an admiralty for
>Meanwhile i try to pull some more traditional stuff on AP
>Send him off to save the bereaved widow of the PC that got killed in last fight
>Instead of fighting the mooks i spawned so he could farm a bit of XP, he instead runs with the girl
>Spawn more mooks at APs home
>He goes full home alone on them, using his household appliances to thwart the mooks despite being within his rights to kill them
>Realize at this point that the Alliance player is a raging pacifist, yet is pretty good in tactical combat
>Spawn some firemen to answer an automated distress call APs house sends and cause the mooks to flee
>AP goes to meet the local political leader and asks him to do something about the political terrorists
>"btw, what about that promotion of mine?" AP
>"OH SHIT I FORGOT!" me
>By now im getting tired so i just have teh AP go meet the space fleet commander, get his promotion and next mission
>"btw, i cant come for next weeks session" AP
>Fug
>>
>>54759946
>Next week comes
>Decide to hold some filler session with the empire guys
>Most of the empire team had to call the day off as well
>Only that guy and his friend are there
>Scale down a huge space battle i had in mind for them
>That guy gets a call and has to leave, leaving his friend there
>Have to role play a bit to get him into a position to attack this planet with defense satellites i worked up
>TG's friend has been reading my in universe notes and asks me if he can build a special ship
>"Sure"
>He builds special fuel carriers which can shoot the fuel out through their front
>"Ok, how are these usefull at all?"
>"Oh just watch"
>His fleet arrives at the planet
>Orders his tankers to the front
>Tell him that is a bad idea
>He starts squirting fuel towards the planet saying that the gravity will take the fuel to the satellite orbit and after that he can just blow the satellites up
>Decide to let him do this and make him roll for the severity of explosion
>Expect it to be enough to knock down few satellites so he has to still engage in fleet combat
>Rolls a natural 20
>Entire satellite orbit explodes
>He calls the enemy commander and implores him to surrender
>Doesn't quite know the difference between intimidation and diplomacy skill since they are almost identical in this system
>Accidentally casts intimidate and gets a high roll
>Enemy commander tries to flee but his entourage decide to kill him
>TGs friend has now cuelled a rebellion in imperial territory without losing a single trooper and with barely doing anything
>Decide to call it a day and just hold a quick promotion ceremony for him
>>
>Decide to run a slightly futuristic investigation campaign with my friend
>He makes this snarky cop with a prejudice for advanced technology like droids
>Droids are an every day thing, so im not sure how this will play out
>Give him an investigation that ties into his backstory
>Someone he knew that worked for a major company died of an apparent suicide
>He is fairly skeptical of the circumstances of the death
>Female friend decides she wants in
>She goes with a more INT based build
>Introduce her as an employee of the company that also knew the victim
>The players personalities are fairly at odds with each other, roleplaying is fairly awkward
>Cop is fairly sure its droids
>Employee is convinced the cop is an idiot
>After a short investigation they finally get a break as they discover a droid attempting to flee the scene
>After pursuing it, mainly through the employees good knowledge rolls, they manage to capture it with the help of the Cops backup

Cont
>>
>>54760104
Can you write a symphony?
>>
>>54760045
>Tme for another session and the AP is still gone
>So is majority of the imperial side
>Decide to try and flesh out the imperial aristocracy by holding a ball
>That guy doesn't want to go and insists he wants to blow shit up/rebel against the aristos
>His friend convinces him to go though
>Have this great idea for a terror attack which causes that guys character to die, so he wont be to OP against the AP once he shows up
>Decide to play the ball with a random encounter table
>TG runs into a shitty noble, a familiar noble and just before the bomb goes off into a fainting lady
>Manages to grab the falling lady and takes her to a sofa
>Remember that i hid the bomb on that sofa
>That guy grabs the bomb without inspecting it and tells in character for a servant to take it away
>Servant and the room he went to blow up, ball room is hit by a shock wave
>That guy rolls for resist explosion
>Able to resist it, gets only minor wounds
>That guy and his friend ask me what the hell is going on
>Tell them it was an attempt at the emperors life
>"But the emperor wasn't here"
>Oh, well, he got a stomach ache and couldn't come
>"Why didn't you tell us about this plot or anything else beforehand?"
>Uhhh hey how about you go capture that terrorist?
>That guy says meh and takes his character to see his NPC sister
>Tell them both that the terrorist was cornered in his mansion and that he shot himself and burned his house down, just feel too tired to come up with anything neat at the moment
>Feeling a bit hungry i end the session and tell the two that we will reconvene in an hour
>>
>>54760104
>Female friend has to miss a few sessions, continue doing solo sessions with the Cop player
>Due to failed tech rolls, unlucky occurrences, and shitty decisions, a technology seems to malfunction wherever he goes
>Cop is getting very paranoid now, right where I want him
>He also loses his badge over an argument with his boss when I wanted to have him challenge his theories
>Cop player is completely stumped, decide to give him a bit of help in the form of a pre-programmed conversation by the original victim
>It was a bit of GM fiat but it got the game picked up again
>Gets all the evidence he needs when he sees Droids killing previous models of Droids and barely escapes after a failed stealth roll

>>54760129
Can you?
>>
>>54759591
My Name is Nobody?
>>
>>54754702
So basically gross Power Rangers?
Blood Ranger,Muscle Ranger, and Bone Ranger all seem fine but Marrow Ranger and Lymph Ranger are meh.

Also how the fuck would you even, the Fat/Semen Rangers, without dying laughing?
>>
>>54760148
>At this point Female friend is able to return and hasn't been brought up to speed on anything that has happened for the most part
>Brought her back slightly in the past and had her boss order her to terminate the droid suspect
>Through some very good mixing of roleplaying, bluff, stealth and slight of hand manages to execute a completely different Droid, saving the suspect droid
>Skipping ahead a bit, she is brought up to speed slightly and almost gets into combat with her Droid protector in her home after the Cop tried to inform her of his investigation
>Cop arrives just in time to save her from the Droid and has a very funny moment of I Told You So
>After leaving the apartment they discover that all the new model droids in the city are being remotely controlled by the very same company that the Female Friend works for as the Cop had already known, and are basically instating martial law on the populace
>The backdrop of humans engaging in a civil war against the machines provides a pang of regret in the Cop that he ended up being right all along
>The Cop wonders how they will be let into the building when the door opens to reveal the original Droid that they had pursued
>A third friend wanted in at this point, and it was already pretty deep into the story that I forced him to take over the Droid
>After climbing to confront their prime suspect, the owner of the company they find him dead and the reveal that it was the AI the company created all along.
>>
>>54760150
Got it. I didn't know how much of Western fans /tg/ was.
>>
>>54760226

I am legend
>>
>set up as leader for a wargame
>with the expected ragtag crew of scrubs and a chick
>character is on the way out but can save his position if he wins the game with these scrubs and an old boat
>DMPC on the opposing side, better ship and tech
>utilize weather and unorthodox tactics to capture first target
>DMPC has ambitions to beat my character and move up ranks, and halves the game zone outside his authority
>First pass at the last target fails, duck out of the reduced zone, much to the other semi-experienced player's annoyance, tries to take command
>mocked and pushed off the boat for 'mutiny', taken back to land
>DMPC, now desperate to beat my character, takes control of the ship he's on instead
>utilize a desperate gamble to make it back to final target
>DMPC finally gets the victory he wanted
>except we just fired our shots successfully at the target and blow it up
>DMPC fails to get promotion as he changed rules of game outside his authority
>advised original deal wasn't being honored
>instead getting best ships and tech available with a real crew
>look at party and decide they're already a real crew I want with me, dismissing them for leave before the new assignment
>>
>>54758959
:^)
>>
>>54760131
>After a quick meal we return to the shop to notice couple other imperial players have showed up
>Finally get my chance to host the high drama game i have wanted to host for a while now
>Introduce an NPC who wants that guys sister NPC dead
>Tell the group it's because intriqate poltical reasons and such
>That guy just sums it up as "So my sister shags the emperor and this bitch is salty because he cant get the imperial D anymore"
>Everyone laughs and i just decide to roll with it
>Orchestrate the kidnapping
>Just as the group gets ready that guy has to leave
>Ask him if he can stay for just a bit longer
>Says that his dad needs help with something right now and wont take a no for an answer
>Have the remaining 3 players go to the NPC enemys lair
>Another guy who has been talking with us asks at this point if he can join
>Tell him that it's cool but he has to start from the capitol
>starts rolling for movement while rest of the team arrives
>Some combat occurs and guards outside get offed
>The team busts into the cottage where evil lady is holding TG's NPC sister hostage
>TG's friend tries a diplomacy roll but fails
>TG's friend and rest start disarming when new guy says that his character just made it to the cottage
>Team brainstorms an idea and the new guy turns the power off on the cottage
>In dark some combat occurs, lady runs for it and NPC sister is saved
>Around this time that guy comes back and sas he wants to see the lady die
>Hand him an invitation to the ladys "suicide"
>That guy goes watch the lady die and insults a noble man for the lulz on his way out
>Call it a day and call the new guy over to go through some stuff with him, decide to try and get him promoted too and make sure he knows what his job on his next post is going to be
>>
>>54760297
It wasn't really that hard to guess.
>>
>>54760226
>At this point, I threw a few Droid into the room hoping to get a sort of captured prisoner escape type experience
>Then the motherfucker that is now playing the Droid decides to bluff the highly advanced and intelligent computer
>Through a compelling performance backed up by a couple good bluff rolls, the AI believes him as well as everyone else including the Female and the Cop
>After a history check, the Droid player manages to think up a signal to tip off the cop
>They manage to kill their captors and begin to hatch a plan to stop the AI
>The droid character that I gave my friend was a lot higher level that the other two were at this point but fortunately it came in handy
>The Cop and the Female come up with the plan to use the same method that the Female was going to use on the Droid originally to kill the AI
>The Droid heads off to get the McGuffium while the Cop and Female head to the brain of the AI
>Droid encounters other security droids on the way but destroys them effortlessly
>At this point the AI activates a security field around the McGuffium, pretty much I wanted him to have to find a way to deactivate the power which would have adversely affected the other two players
>The Droid player realizes that this Droid specifically had stronger alloy
>I realize that I put that there to explain away some other stuff should the other players asked how he did stuff
>Play it off like it was intended
>Forces his way through the field and gets the McGuffium
>The other two players have had a different experience entirely
>Since they are obviously a threat to the AI, it has called in its reinforcements from outside
>Cop holds off the Droids while the Female attempts to prepare the brain for execution

>>54760266
Down Periscope
>>
File: boat.gif (2MB, 586x402px) Image search: [Google]
boat.gif
2MB, 586x402px
>hey guys, wanna do a naval campaign?
>sure
>okay, go over here and fight some pirates
>okay
>whoops, you and the pirates are in a whirlpool!
>GM stop
>and now you don't know where you are!
>GM please
>better recruit those pirates, they'll take anything over death!
>GM no
>also here's a salvager/cook/anything you need him to be so you don't kill him and an army of bug-people who want to brainwash and infest everyone
>wait what
>have fun!
>no, wait, I steal one of the worker bugs
>okay
>how long until we sail home?
>do you really wanna know?
>tell me
>decades
>>
>>54760366
>The brain happens to be at the apex of the 100 tall company headquarters, suspended several hundred feet in the middle of the building with no guard rails
>Cop fails an acrobatics check while doing a slick combat maneuver and drops his gun
>I didn't want the game to end so I explained that the strap caught on one of the support wires even though it was physically impossible
>He eventually gets it back an continues to kill almost all of the attacking droids
>Soon a few droids manage to slip through the Cops notice and begin endangering the Females position
>She is very close to falling to her death, only a series of strength checks, and percentile rolls for the integrity of the wire have kept it from becoming a certainty
>Droid finally arrives and is ready to kill the brain but the Cop orders him to save the Female
>The Droid tosses the Cop the McGuffium
>Through very solid rolls and maneuvering decisions, the Droid saves the Female and the Cop makes it down to the brain several stories below
>Cop injects the McGuffium into the brain
>Skip ahead a few hours and the military finally shows up and acts like hot shit
>Droid, Cop, and Female are now actually friends and overlook the rest of the Droids that will promptly be fucked due to fear of whatever happened happening again
>Cop learns that not all technology is bad
>Female learns that technology has its downsides
>Droid decides to become the Robo-Messiah
>Droid decides to become Robo-Jesus
>>
>>54749297
Star Wars, was obvious from the first line.
>>
>>54757947
Monosmack Person
>>
>>54760406
Janeway's Bizarre Adventure?
>>
>>54760614
YES! I AM!
>>
>>54760305
>Finally the Alliance player is around
>Tell him that his job is to take over an imperial battlestation which has been wrecking Alliances shit for four decades now
>Introduce new guy to AP and tell them that new guy is going to be at station fleet
>"Wait, shouldn't i be at Odin?"
>"This part of the game takes place earlier chronologically"
>"Why?"
>"Because AP here had things to do for two weeks"
>AP starts prepping for his invasion attempt
>APs two friends come around and ask to join the game
>One of APs friends rolls a supply officer character, the two start talking at a bar on how to handle the invasion
>The other guy who rolled himself a melee fighter wlaks into the bar
>Throws some hot coffee at one officer for being a douche towards NPC bar maid
>Before things can escalate AP asks the SO to get the MS into his fleet and seems to get an idea
>Fleet departs and AP procures an imperial cruiser from somewhere
>Tells the MS to wreck it a bit and grab some imperial uniforms for his character
>Fleet gets to the space fortress and they fake a chase on the fucked up imperial cruiser
>MS and his goon squad is aboard it
>DMPC commanding the fortress fumbles his detect intent roll and lets the ship in
>Meanwhile New guy and another DMPC are on a wild goose chase on the other side of the star system
>MS and his merry men grab the station commander as soon as they get in
>Decide to not let them get away with it that easily and tell the gang that one of the officers managed to put the station on a lockdown and the enemy fleet returns in 2 in game hours
>MS pulls out his smartphone and puts Mission impossible team on
>Starts sneaking with other goons through vents and empty hallways to the central computer
>They notice a group of guards and MS decides to use an improvised weapon
>Grabs a propane tank from somewhere, punctures it and throws it at the troopers
>Troopers notice the MS and his goons and open fire with their lasers

>cont
>>
>>54760694
>Troopers get fried and MS and his goons charge a group of reinforcements that heard the explosion
>Notice at this point that the MS put an ungodly amount of his points on melee skills
>Despite lasers being a thing
>He hacks and whacks through the enemy troopers and gets to the central computer
>APs fleet can now dock and invade the station
>Menawhile fleet commanded by DMPC and the new guy arrives
>New guy implores the commander to withdraw but rolls so phenomenally badly that he ends up insulting the officer and teh admiral tells him to fuck off
>New guy takes this literally and grabs a shuttle and flees
>AP decides to try out the super weapon of the station
>Instantly melts several thousand battleships
>He decides he wants to win gracefully and calls the enemy commander and asks him to surrender or flee
>Enemy commander is Irate at this moment and says he is going to fight to teh death
>AP then rders the super weapon to pin point attack enemy admirals flagship
>Flagship melts and rest of the imperial fleet flees
>Through some role playing via text messages new guy gets transferred to that guys admiralty as his new strategist
>We call it a day again and i prep up my notes and maps for the next game, which is going to get big
>>
>>54756606
>it sort of fell off
I think there's a cream for that.
>>
>>54758245
>weeb
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
>>
>>54760446

I was slightly hopeful it would turn out to be Dune. It did not.
>>
>our friend says he wants to GM for us in a setting he's recently built, we agree, no idea what to expect.
>he's done some silly one-shots before, but his last one was great and lasted a few sessions
>we start with our characters being introduced slowly, I'm playing a bread and butter fighter, the others are a warlock, bard intending to multiclass into fighter, and a gunslinger
>GM starts us all halfway across the kingdom from each other, but we're all previously acquainted, keep in touch with sending stones
>spend some time fucking about with our local areas, figuring out the bullshit encumbrance system the GM is so autistic about
>suddenly the world just breaks, the apocalypse starts
>what the fuck
>with a little prodding from the GM, the Warlock figures out that since this can't be stopped, we're just supposed to somehow plane shift out of here at level 1
>through GM fiat we succeed in the same order our characters were introduced
>to the GM'a credit, he's a great world builder, the custom plane we all shifted to has sections built just for our characters and quests and rp opportunities just for their benefit even if it is dangerous
>while we're figuring all this out one session, the GM reveals that he's been running this setting for a different group with twelve players and that we can work together
>what the fuck
>>
>>54754049
Road to El Dorado was one of my favorite movies as a kid. Great taste.
>>
>>54761133
>these players give us tips and tricks to power game a little bit using the GM's homebrew ruleset
>they're really fucking jerky and abrasive though, seemingly all That Guys
>right after she plane shifts, our Gunslinger managers to gain a totally broken NPC follower. She's a good person, like a sister to me, but her characters can be snowflakes and minmaxed to hell
>after a bunch of bullshit quests one of the other players, a Psionic, decides to fuck with us and manages to have a random CE NPC replace the LE BBEG and gain both his and the Gunslinger's broken companion's
>campaign is totally fucked, we're extremely outmatched even though our progression is accelerated to compensate
>bard-fighter is doing his best to keep everything in check with some homebrew time spells he got access to
>CE now-BBEG kills basically all of our characters' loved ones that we managed to bring into the plane with us
>warlock goes off the deep end both IC and OOC, she was really invested in her edgy parent-child angst subplot she had with her character's mother, tries breaking the game and the setting
>GM loves all of this
>the BBEG manages to kill my character easily after some bad insight checks on my part
>GM smirks and reveals that since I died in a plot-relevant area in the plane, I'm revived with a few more levels on top, but I'm part air elemental now
>alright, I'll roll with it
>shit keeps going to hell and it looks like we're irrevocably going to TPK to the BBEG any session now
>GM smirks again
>motherfucker
>he reveals he's been running the setting for a THIRD group, and we can plane shift to their version of the setting to try again, they're almost a similar level anyway
>sure thing, the Warlock, Bard, and Gunslinger all die in the process but they get the boost-resurrect as well
>bullshit on the GM's part but whatever
>>
>>54761274
And to think, this all started with them being stuck at home.
>>
>>54761274
>we move game night around to fit all our schedules, some of the That Guy group join us as well after their session fell apart due to infighting, but thankfully we got the chiller ones except for one autistic girl and a stoner
>turns out this group, also four players (alcoholic Rogue, edgy Samurai, oblivious Paladin, grumpy Cleric) all started playing because they heard of our session and made their characters related to ours somehow
>cool I guess
>around this time, GM ups the power level and introduces more villains
>one of them is ANOTHER player from a different campaign who was playing solo with the GM
>not even a big surprise at this point
>GM has been cencelling a lot of sessions at this point, we can tell he's been losing interest in the game after it's been going so long and gotten so convoluted
>he goes for a few more but then TPKs us on purpose and leaves the game
>his friend contacts us after a few weeks and offers to step in, he's talked with the old GM enough to get a feeling for the setting and campaign he says, gives my character and the rogue (a real qt who's been flirting with me ic, maybe ooc too) a chance to go into the past and undo the TPK
>we do so
>nu-GM turns out to be a real tumblr type, puts a lot of importance on the VillainPC's underage sister he killed in his backstory, turns her into a gmpc the PCs have to find to finally win, tries to make the PCs sjw types and all in gay relationships by pressuring the players into abandoning their character's prior character development and personalities
>after a few sessions he gets bored with it and half-asses an ending that doesn't tie anything up, we don't even kill the Player-BBEG onscreen
>does a little epilogue where everyone just fucking shits about all saccharine and gay with each other, forces the rogue to get into a three-way lesbian relationship with the cleric and underage GMPC because he fucking hates my character or something
>group drifts apart after an underwhelming end
:(
>>
>dm floats the idea of turning one of his past campaigns into a new one by reversing roles
>a player I knew tries a one-shot session, didn't really care for it, his character died at the end when his opponents just ganged up on him
>dm still likes the idea so he gets me and my buddy to go full evil with it
>both of us are employees of a vast colonial empire heading into a backwater to find out how the agent the first player was sent to find disappeared
>im playing a more reserved, concealing-inner-beast type noble evil guy, Buddy plays rough and tumble killhappy combat beast
>Buddy slaughters a bunch of civilians on his way in
>I eventually kill Buddy for being a liability, he's mad but likes the twist, since he gets to play the Lost Agent now by Dm fiat
>turns out the Lost Agent has gone full native, he considers himself one of them, he's even taken a wife
When we got a couple more players, we actually folded in my evil character into the party, at which point I learned that's how most of the party joined in the first place.
>>
>>54758215
I really don't grok this one
>>
File: 1366558307063.png (228KB, 388x364px) Image search: [Google]
1366558307063.png
228KB, 388x364px
>player want a modern adventurous setting
>set up a marine biologist / reporter setting
>I am not enough of a dickhead to get it into Cthulhu territory by surprise
>that might have disappointed the leading character
>I think that's what he expected when I included the "death of a close one" by a terrifying sea creatur in his backstory
>Anyway, this player, that I expected to carry the session, turns into a borderlineThat Guy
>not taking the scenario seriously
>being a dick to NPCs
>acting impulsively
>the story still unfolds, the other players are getting quite into it
>one in particular, who was roleplaying for the first time, gets surprisingly into it
>he insists on creating rp bonds between characters, but does so quite well
>the other players are very enthusiastic of his behavior
>even That Guy gets into the newbie's attempts a making the game more alive

>Anyway, shenanigans occur, the characters struggle to follow an objective that started as a simple "search and destroy the beast"
>I decide to let off some steam by making a full combat session
>starts with a pirate encounters, ends with a rescue mission
>That Guy responds to the adrenaline I wanted to get into the game
>it gets messy, the players have a great deal of fun

>Close to the conclusion the most eager player finally manages to get That Guy interested in the plot
>they have a duo moment, which require them to take a helicopter (newbie's character was proficient)
>it's going well
>then at one point, newbie rolls a fucking piloting FUMBLE in front of all the table
>I wanted to fudge the roll so bad, but it was too late
>the helicopter fucking crashes in the water
>That Guy survives, not the newbie
>our collective faces when
>>
>>54762133

We still managed to finish the scenario in a rush, including the death of newbie's character in the storyline
I think this game had a positive impact on That Guy. He was overall a cool dude, but he could take a lesson in enjoying a more realistic game.
Newbie was not turned away from roleplaying by the death of his character, and for that I am thankful

>>54761858
I got Angel Heart, Dark City and Mission vibes, but none of them work out.
If no one finds it, I would like to know (and watch the movie)
>>
>>54762156
hint: its what story you get when you reverse the perspective of Heart of Darkness
>>
>GM is running a solo session with incompetent Rogue player caught numerous times
>Rogue player has married a former guardswoman NPC he seduced during his various trips to prison
>GM doesn't know what to do with campaign
>Decides guardswoman wants a child but rogue critfails or weird magical realm pregnancy rolls
>Proceeds to steal a royals child
>Rogue begins having visions of a strange and possibly demonic entity coming for him
>Two equally incompetent rogues steal the baby from PC
>After an eventual encounter with the demonic entity revealed to be the rogues alternate self never fully explained the rogue returns the royals child
>>
>>54760718
Got out of work, now i can type without fear of being caught.
>For once we start with the whole team and i only then realize how many are now playing this game
>Have to add couple of extra tables because there are also a bunch of new faces in there
>One of them is that guys little brother who insisted he wants to play with us
>Also insists that he wants to play against his brother
>Since he comes late and i have already handed out all alliance admiral ranks to other newbies, he gets to be a commodore/adjutant to the fleet admiral
>Off the bat we roleplay some, first the imperials react to the news of their loss of a super fortress and then the alliance players react to their new gains
>Decide to hand over control of the government NPCs to players briefly so they can decide what alliance should do with the fortress, i hand out campaign notes and in universe notes to let them know that alliance is on its last leg and best idea would be to entrench, disband some of the troops and build up the economy
>Only two of the players bother reading the notes and when the rest of the team says they want to escalate the war they start reading out loud what i have written
>"Nope, we want war still, fuck the NPCitizens"
>3 out of 12 vote no and the rest vote yes
>I had no plans for an invasion plan, so i decide to outsource it to the players
>Nobody has any ideas
>Except that guys little brother
>"What we should do is attack!"
>"Ok and then what?"
>"Well, we just keep on attacking!"
>"At what?"
>"The enemy nation!"
>"The enemy nation is made up of hundreds of star systems, you have no idea where anything important is"
>"Yeah but there are lots of civilians there, right?"
>"Yes..."
>"We just liberate them and they will fight with us and show us where the enemy is hiding!"
>At this point the original alliance player chimes in and says that this is a stupid idea, since we got no idea where the enemy is nor any proof of enemy civilians willingness on joining us

>cont
>>
>>54761397
Yeppers
>>
>Decide, against my better judgement, to run Scion
> Players roll up, surprise surprise, they're all Greek
>One of them is specifically the kid of a god that I said didn't have any Scions in this universe
>Icanworkwiththis.jpg
>Party's now on the run because the gods want this kid dead, since he shouldn't exist.
>The rest of the party, now fatebound, has no choice but to come along
>They've got a week to get to the underworld and back before Zeus sends them there permanently
>Unfortunately, my players are taking all of their knowledge of Classical Mythology from Disney movies
>Yeah, no, Hades isn't the villain
>Kid thinks that getting into a fist-fight with Ares is actually a good idea
>Through a series of downright miraculous rolls, kid manages to hang on until the social types in the party can talk Ares down
>Finally, 20 sessions in, the party learns that the Titans are actually a threat
>At least Zeus doesn't want them as dead, now
>>
>>54762133
The Life Aquatic
>>
>>54763608
Bravo
>>
>>54763361
Raising Arizona
>>
>>54749297
Guardians of the galaxy
>>
>>54763585
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be Percy Jackson or Clash of the Titans.

Probably the former, though.
>>
>>54763426
>That guys little brother then begins to sperg out, calling AP a traitor to the alliance cause and saying that no sane human being would want to live under tyranny and that they will gladly join us if we just provide them with weapons
>At this point the oldest player in the group tells the little shit to behave
>He goes silent and starts pouting
>Nobody else has any ideas for an invasion plan and so we go with his plan
>>
>Running new Campaign, pretty hard sci-fi setting
>Group consists of white-knight leader guy, muscle head, and two generalist skill monkeys.
>First session is kind of an Alien rip-off, their ship finds a stranded vessel SOSing, so the PCs are send out to investigate
>But it's a trap and their main ship gets destroyed
>After this an old friend wants to join the game. Great role player
>There are scheduling conflicts, so i do some 1-on-1 sessions with him until he can join the game proper
>He rolls up a detective character so Noir you can practically hear the soft sax playing in the background and the smoke curling whenever we play
>Kinda a change of pace, but i like it and go with the flow
>Have a typical noir-detective plot about a girl in distress who turns out to be more then meets the eye
>Meanwhile the group has space adventures trying to find out what happened to their former vessel, getting a powerful ship along the way and making allies with strange people
>Their paths finally converge as they find out that that an evil mega-corp is running an experiment on an asteroid with some 100k people and is infecting them with an alien super bacterium
>White-Knight and Noir Detective nearly die, but just manage to survive
>We have to take a campaign break after that
>>
>>54764224

Knew it was the Expanse from the first line
>>
File: 1501589653472.png (136KB, 1275x552px) Image search: [Google]
1501589653472.png
136KB, 1275x552px
obligatory
>>
>>54764497
>first line
>>Running new Campaign, pretty hard sci-fi setting
Impressive :^)
And i was almost done with the recap of S2, should have written it in one go.

Great show, i wonder why it doesn't have more buzz around it...
>>
>>54764592
If you were doing the books you would have gotten to the end of Book 2 and gone:

>By this point I was completely out of ideas, but the campaign rolled on for 6 months afterwards.
>>
>>54764579
Every time.
>>
>>54764643
Which books do the two seasons cover?
>>
>>54764668

1 and bits of 2 as well as some stuff they came up with by themselves for padding. For some reason.
Although it looks like they're going to merge the two books very oddly. As some people are still alive for season 3 who die by the end of book 1 so I dunno what's going on there.
>>
>start a SF game
>6 players
>3 of them roll up the the head of a station
>3 of them roll up alien diplomats
>2 roll up a psyker and a doctor
>cool, I can roll with this
>set up history based on everyone's backstories
>starting plot is the last major alien diplomat coming aboard
>assassination attempt
>everyone running around like crazy
>head of station is implicated
>find out it was a splinter group of one of the major alien races
>expand on station commander's backstory
>everyone enjoyed it
>find out that three of the players (1 station person, the doctor, and the psyker) cant make any further sessions
>gdi
>>
>>54764766
If the original already ran out of steam by this point then it's a good thing that they adapted it more freely, no?
>>
>>54764830

Heh. Meant to write 8 players.

>second session
>have a replacement for one of the station heads and psyker
>have someone roll up a junior diplomat
>still no doctor
>whatever
>one of the alien races loses contact with a relatively minor station
>all players have extensive backstories, which I've read
>this station has a relative of his characters
>character flips out
>starts blaming race that, historically, has hated his
>diplomat player of this race is himself aghast
>after some investigation, reveal who is behind this
>surprise: it's hating race
>diplomat players just run with it when they find out
>psyker player runs into diplomat of race who got attacked
>finds out he's planning on assassination
>station security guy steps in
>stops it
>meanwhile, station guys have mostly been dealing with space pirates
>turns out shipping company got hacked
>last ship on what they hacked is refugee vessel
>pirates have been using heavier weapons than before
>commander gets brainwave
>goes out to stop them in person
>turns out invading race was selling weapons to pirates
>use this to force diplomatic settlement
>end second session
>>
File: 1.png (219KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
219KB, 638x479px
>"Alright I do my cooking roll to impress the king!"
>"You get a 2. You burn your meal in the stove. The king sees the smoke and comments, 'Is that Smoke!?' "
>"NO YOUR HIGHNESS, I say, I'M PREPARING... STEAMED CLAMS!" [rolls bluff]
>"Alright he fails his sense motive roll and believes you for now. But your food is still burned."
>"Shit... wait I know! I run down to the local bar, order some cooked meat patties and run back to serve them to the king!"
>"... alright. As you approach the king with your meat patties he looks quizzical at them, 'I thought you said you were preparing steamed clams?' "
>"Oh I apologize my lord, I say, what I meant was... I'm preparing steamed HAMS! Yes." [Bluff roll]
>"Well he fails his sense motive... just barely. 'You call cooked meat patties steamed hams?' he asks."
>"Yes my lord! It's a... racial dialect."
>"'What race?'"
>"Elvish."
>"'Huh. Well I'm half high-elf and I've never heard anyone from the forest refer to meat patties as steamed hams'."
>"OH NO not high-elf it's a wood elf ism."
>"'Oh I see...' the king takes a bite, 'you know these meat patties are oddly akin to the ones that pub sells, the Broncho's Shoes'."
>"Oh no my liege! It's an old family recipe!"
>" 'For 'steamed hams' '."
>"Yes!"
>" 'And you call them steamed hams despite the fact they are obviously grilled'."
>"... well... I uh... it's... you know I shou-..."
>"It's at this point you realize you did not put out the fire on your stove and the smoke from the kitchen becomes much more intense."
>"Excuse me, I say as I rush back in to see how bad the fire is."
>"It's very bad."
>"I run back out and say, WELL MY LEIGE it has been an honour having you as an esteemed guest. This is been a most wonderful afternoon."
>" ... 'Yes I suppose I should- DEAR GOD MAN WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE!?' he points to your kitchen where bright light of a freaking inferno can clearly be seen."
>>
File: 2.png (222KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
222KB, 638x479px
>>54765028
>"Aurora Borealis."
>" e-tch- 'AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR? AT THIS HOUR OF THE DAY? IN THIS PART OF THE NATION? LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?' "
>>
File: 3.png (225KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
225KB, 638x479px
>>54765046

>"Yes"
>"... he gets a +30 circumstance bonus to his sense motive check."
>"... natural 20 bluff."
>"... and natural 1 sense motive... 'Can I see?' he asks."
>"...... no I respond."
>>
>>54764830
>>54764936
Damn, i feel like i know this one, but i can't put my finger on it.
>>
>>54764936

>3rd session
>damaged alien ship shows up
>will crash into station
>commander decides to try and save it
>using hard SF other than psykers and FTL
>no tractor beams
>he has to catch it by hand
>fails twice
>if he fails again, it will hit the station
>succeeds on the third time
>diplomat of the most powerful alien race finds it and tries to kill it
>other diplomat players couldn't make it
>it's an alien that apparently steals souls
>get a doctor player this session
>as he deals with someone injured, the alien says creepy things about the guy dying
>commander comes in to get info, tries to rile him up
>guy says he doesn't steal souls, but saves them from destruction
>goes back to being creepy in general
>diplomat character comes back in
>alien recognizes her
>recognizes that she's of higher rank than she freely admits
>she leaves
>alien breaks out
>stationwide search when another of the alien race's vehicles come in
>says someone's going to die soon
>says first alien actually went nuts because he couldn't 'save' a great member of the diplomat's race
>decided, instead of waiting for people to die and then taking their souls, to kill them
>meanwhile, diplomat player gets kidnapped
>uses 2nd alien to track down first
>commander comes in, finds out certain details about diplomat
>turns soul stealing machine on first alien
>saves diplomat
>diplomat finds hidden souls, releases them
>session ends
>>
>>54753530
Don't even watch the show but I guessed it the second incest was brought up.
>>
>D20 Modern Game
>All of us are playing ex-military vet Mercs
>We only ever get one-shots
>I'm playing a pilot
>The others are a Driver/Mechanic/Tank, a High Charisma face and some mixed specialist arsehole who seems to think it's his job to be party leader even though we already have a party face.
>Neither me or the Mechanic IRL can stand the guy
>The arse keeps thinking he's some kind of tactical genius because all of his plans keep working, even though the rest of us can see the GM fudging his attack rolls to keep us alive.
>I've given up caring at this point and I'm just doing whatever.
>The party face is trying to score with every female NPC he can
>The Mechanic has decided that he's actually going to roleplay his phobia of flight, even though that's the only way I am ever of any use to the party.
>I honestly can't tell if he's doing it for Roleplaying XP or to fuck with me.
>And yet, somehow, I'M considered the crazy one.
>>
>>54765086

I'm 90% certain it's Babylon 5
>>
>>54764830
>>54764936
>>54765116
Ha, B5. Not bad.
>>
>>54765203
>>54765194

Yay you got it. I was wracking my brains on how to adapt 'Born to the Purple'.
>>
>>54765228

It was either B5 or DS9 and if it was DS9 you'd have mentioned the shapeshifter at some point.
>>
>>54765273

DS9 would also be more station personnel, fewer diplomats.
>>
>>54765150
Some GI Joe style stuff ?
>>
>>54758676
Foodfight?
>>
>>54765150
A team
>>
>>54748124

>Playing Maid RPG
>80’s high school setting, Master is the resident Alpha Bitch
>Everybody rolls up their PCs, mostly bog standard (awkward nerd girl, ditzy cheerleader, etc.)
>Finally roll up my PC
>Come out with a homicidal edgelord, also only male PC in the group
>Try to play it as brooding loner type, end up hanging with nerd girl a lot
>Near the end of the first session, nerd girl loses a fuckton of Favor thanks to some bungled rolls
>Agree to help her out by negotiating with Master
>Accidently trigger Stress Explosion via more shit rolls
>Poison Master’s drink and kill her
>>
>>54766012

Ding
>>
File: party hard with Brand X.gif (630KB, 296x165px) Image search: [Google]
party hard with Brand X.gif
630KB, 296x165px
>>54766004
SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST, LEONARD
>>
>>54758811
>>54759033
>>54759230
>>54759349
>>54759378
Your making the movie sound better then it actually was
>>
>>54762156
It's DBZ, Saiyan Saga
>>
>>54765028
>>54765046
>>54765063
Fuck that was good.
>>
>Want to run a modern day wuxia type game
>One player gets it, & plays a guy who has some kungfu but mostly just helps out in his family's restaurant
>One player is a total That Guy, wants to play a fucking trucker
>Did you even read the goddamn notes?
>Do you even understand the genre?
>He tells me not to worry he min maxed his stats so he's borderline retarded but has a ton in reflexes
>Fuck-it-whatever.jpeg
>I start it off with them being old friends & the trucker meeting the asian dude at his familys shop in a port city
>The asian is going to be getting married soon & his waifu is going to be arriving, he could use the truckers help picking her up
>They go to the airport & the trucker starts fucking around hitting on a background NPC, i try making them not interested but he is a Thatguy & just wont take the hint
>This is where the plot picks up, a local crimelord has sent goons to kidnap the asian dudes waifu & to make sure the trucker is paying attention i kidnap the NPC girl too
>Trucker spergs & starts fighting, asian guy joins in, they save the NPC but the waifu was taken
>I decide the NPC is important, she was the waifu's friend & was going to pick her up
>Asian dude & trucker jump in his big rig to follow the gang back to their hideout
>this is where i want to up the ante & add bigger wuxia magic stuff happening
>hiding in the bigrig the players witness a threeway gang war that ends with dudes flying & Raiden from mortal combat shooting lighting & shit
>this scares the trucker so he takes off driving to get away, & runs over my BBEG, it doesnt really hurt him but i have him glow & look scary & the two players run off to safety
>i have the cruel idea to use the Thatguy's big rig as a plot hook, stealing it so the trucker is pushed into helping out asian guy instead of running like a bitch
>back at the asian dudes restaurant i dump some exposition from an old crazy wiseman type NPC & the girl from before who the Trucker wanted to fuck
>>
File: Steamed Hams, my lord.png (173KB, 1102x768px) Image search: [Google]
Steamed Hams, my lord.png
173KB, 1102x768px
>>54748124
God damn if that guy didn't earn it.
>>
>decide to run a mecha and kaiju-focused campaign
>manage to get three players, none super familiar with the genre but interested nonetheless
>players are: smarter-than-he-looks dudebro fun guy, shy girl who like to RP and that-weird-guy-I-know
>plan a session to tie backstories together
>weird guy and shy girl craft a rather detailed backstory which ties their characters together but dudebro has a last minute call from job and can't come
>game start and when Dudebro finds out the girl is playing an, and I quote ' effeminate fuccboi' he suddenly declare his character to be an attractive young woman, for shit and giggles, but proceed to not change a damn thing about what he planned for his character safe for name and sex meaning she still like cars and booze
>weird guy can't show up or flake out or something, his character is temporarily reduced to NPC status
>the game goes on nonetheless, with weird guy only showing half the time playing his equally weird girl character
>get a new player who roll some minxmaxed as fuck character but decide to make it a female character because at this point everyone has genderbent when it come to their characters
>constantly act like a smug cunt but somehow has abysmal luck
>>
>>54768583
I was waiting for this. Big Trouble in Little China.
>>
>>54768666
You're so fucked up.
>>
>>54758811
>>54759033
>>54759230
Spongebob Movie and a really good take on it.
>>
>>54768583
Hey are told that an ancient ghost lich is behind the kidnapping, he wants asian dude's waifu & the NPCgirl as a bride so he can break his curse of being ghosty, comeback into our world, & wreck shit. He plans on killing one & marrying the other
>they figure out where she might be kept & go to find her, pretending to be electricians
>they of course get captured & beat up
>i send some mooks in to help get them out but have them get captured too
>eventually everyone wins free except the waifu & the NPCgirl, lots of kungfu fighting
>now its time for the showdown
>im send a lot at the players so i have the crazy wiseman give them a magic buff
>cue tons of wuxia magic & kungfu as they try to stop the marriage ritual in time
>trucker, even with the buff fails his rolls for most of the fight, either hurting himself or getting pinned under enemies
>Asian guy does all the work, getting into a awesome swordfight with on of the lich's henchmen
>the whole thing takes too long so now he BBEG is powered up & not ghosty anymore
>the trucker & the NPCgirl are way out matched by him & asian dude runs to help
>im finally fed up with the trucker's player so the lich magics a knife at him
>the trucker rolls finally improve right as i try to kill him
>fucker told me he was min maxed, i should have looked
>trucker catches the fucking knife & throws it back at the lich
>just enough damage to kill my BBEG
>smug fuck looks at me
>"its all in the reflexes anon" he says to me
>magnificent bastard gets his win & we rap up, him getting the NPCgirl & his big rig, the asian dude getting his waifu
>>
>>54768666
This is a story bout a boy named Shinji
Living in the flooded streets of New Orleans
Gendo, Shinji's father, is a scientist, okay?
So he built a giant robot for Shinji's birthday!
Shinji's friend Rei knows how to bust a cap
When she's not fighting aliens she's taking a nap
Without Asuka from Germany, everybody would be lost
Her country is responsible for the holo-
-graphic map
Shinji said "Thanks daddy, can I take it for a whirl
And use it to help my friends save the world?"
Now c'mon Shinji, let's get this party on
And kick alien butt in your EVANGELION
>>
>One shot for two players
>Old hat, good fighter, and new recruit, with a bit of psychic powers
>Simple enough scenario: They have to find the drug kingpin and bring them to justice
>They quickly discover who the kingpin is and make their way there
>This doesn't go unnoticed, their means of leaving are closed and the only way to escape is to get to the kingpin
>They kill their way through difficult encounters:
>Overpowering enemies that have to be avoided instead of killed head on,
>psychic combat with a (not so helpful) goon,
>Old friends turned enemies, all that good stuff
>Finally they get the kingpin who tries to bluff them with a dead man's switch but they aren't fooled and dispense justice
>Short Epiloge with the recruit getting recognition and all that
>FIN
>Also the old-hat player would be up for a full-blown campaign, but judge and jury are still out on that
>>
>substitute DMing for a buddy's group
>only one night, so do a one-off
>they're a bunch of goofballs and play mostly light-hearted campaigns
>this isn't canon so they use their usual characters they've had for years
>I decide fuck it
>Extraplanar entities come to capture their souls & bring them into their plane as sacrifice
>They, typically, don't take the plot hook seriously
>"We'll play you for it"
>some sport lifted from Aztec mythology my buddy the DM put in as a side quest
>yknow what fuck it
>The entities accept
>PCs think they've got it easy bc the entities don't have physical forms
>I'm texting friend under the table
>He's giving me background information
>The entities possess the bodies of the greatest champions of this blood sport (names given to me by friend), augmenting their powers with eldritch magic
>PCs audibly gulp
>Go on a sidequest to recruit the retired legend of the sport
>He's old and washed up
>Declines
>The entities mock him and piss him off
>He changes his mind and accepts
>Training montage
>PCs feel actually pretty good about things
>Day of the match
>Begin the Aztec ritual in a magical court rippling with arcane energy
>They're now playing for the souls of the PC AND the aged legend
>Getting fucking wrecked
>Halftime break
>Aged legend gives an inspirational speech
>PCs realize that they've been trying to beat the entities on their own terms (and the players have been taking the campaign seriously, finally)
>Revert back to their goofy selves
>I'm scrambling to stay on top of their antics but they're doing shit that's so creative I can't not allow it
>Match is neck and neck
>In the final seconds, the aged legend rolls a nat 20
>All the eldritch energy flying around the arena has made reality thin
>His arm stretches out scoring the final point needed to push the PCs over the edge
>Just barely win
>Entities, defeated, return howling to their plane, releasing the champions
>PCs deposit retired legend back at his house
>>
>>54769204
Dredd (the one with Karl Urban)
>>
>>54769272
Space Jam or something, the basketbaal flick with the Looney Toons ?
>>
>Game's been going on for a while.
>I play a chinese monk, buddy's got an american rogue/gunslinger, That Guy's got the town sheriff who's hounding our every step
>Fourth player...don't know what she's playing.
>last session of the game.
>I've managed to save the princess i was sent to save, we're in a big battle-off.
>Buddy's on the floor of the church, exchanging bullets with the sheriff.
>I'm in the rafters, fighting a chinese slaver.
>Buddy's just ran out of bullets bar one, That Guy's got a pile of them.
>That Guy talks Buddy into one last shootout, bluffing that he too only has one bullet left.
>They have that last duel.
>That Guy's rolling crazy low, but he could roll big once and win.
>Buddy rolls his only roll for his one bullet.
>20.
>That Guy, IC and OOC: Now how the hell did that happen?
>Buddy looks himself over
>All the bullets went through his monk robes.
>I just hear him shout "Invincible!"
>Slaver takes the opportunity to conk me with the church bell
>Deafens us both.
>Goes falling through the rafters, hangs off the bell's pull robe.
>Pats all around.
>Suddenly gunfire chips the church door.
>It's Buddy's old gang, mostly previous players who fucked off to do something else.
>They're challenging him to come out and fight like a man.
>Short argument later, we agree to rush them together.
>Fitting end, right?
>We bust out the church door, they're...
>holding their hands up.
>Main guy tries talking buddy into letting them go.
>Look around.
>It's a whole warband of indians.
>Fourth player rolls
>GM: "You notice Anon standing by the bandit
>Fourth: "I try to attract his attention.
>Turns out, her character was the indian chief's daughter i met early on and drunkenly married.
>She brought her family over to help out.
>Buddy says something about his old gang going straight to jail, we end up having a party by the church with the indians.
>>
File: 1499639877353.jpg (514KB, 1280x2880px) Image search: [Google]
1499639877353.jpg
514KB, 1280x2880px
>>54763738
My friend, as a people who watch LoGH on lunch break, I want to thank you
>>
>Run a fun little side-game in an alt-universe setting of the main game
>Not the first time our group is doing that, alt-universeing is kind of our thing at this point. Its turning into a bit off a mess to be honest Anyway
>One player rolls up a alt-version of an old side-character, one a new character, the boring 'loner w/o family and dark past' staple, the other two decide that they want to play sentient artifacts
>After group-creation the first quests are pretty simple:
>Their mentors (characters from previous games) send them out to find the McGuffins, they fight some monsters and get the loot, pretty standard stuff
>Then i make the mistake of holding on to a planed encounter instead of adjusting it and they almost TPK
>(Full disclosure: the alt-character player is my friend and way more involved then the other three, so i might give them a bit of preferential treatment from time to time, and this was one of them)
>I do an asspull, take over the alt-character and have them use a McGuffin in a different way then usual, killing the enemy
>Players are a bit pissed after that, but i say its all part of the plan
>The session after that goes down the shitter as well, starts with light and fluffy RP but session ends when IRL-tempers boil over and a risky tactical move ends with one of the players leaving in tears, both IG and IRL
>The next few sessions are rebuilding trust IRL and the characters saving each other with the power of friendship™
>But i don't think everything is healed yet, one of them no longer wants me to tutor his little sister
>>
>>54769448
It reads like some Bud Spencer and Terence Hill movie, but i have never seen one sober enough to actually remember the name.
>>
>>54769448
Shanghi Noon?
>>
>>54764579
I always wanted to fluff a Rogue Trader group, with Fry as the RT, Leela as a Navigator, the Prof & Amy being techpriests (Amy is from Mars, Prof is from Terra) Bender is a Necron or something, Zoidberg is a random Xenos, Hermes is Adeptus Admin, & Scruffy is a Servitor, Washbucket is a Servitor Skull with a bucket.
>>
>>54761876

hint: do you love the smell of napalm in the morning?
>>
>>54770226
Yup! It's the ending scene.
>>
>>54771225
Aw fuck, and I specifically wrote the DBZ one to highlight the similarities to Heart of Darkness
>>
>>54753553
>I survive because new guy manages to throw me off me horse and into the nearby river
Wasn't it Bronn who saved him?
>>
File: 1431624552242.jpg (13KB, 366x329px) Image search: [Google]
1431624552242.jpg
13KB, 366x329px
>>54754033
>>54754049
>>
>modern day game.
>Four of us, me playing an archaeologist
>GF playing museum curator
>Buddy playing my childhood tec-wiz pal
>Neckbeard bro playing archaeologist's grandpa.
>Found a map on an expedition, have to steal the declaration of independence to complete it.
>set up this huge heist plan with buddy.
>I go in as gala guest, Buddy gets to hacking the doors open with that annoying way of saying hello he has.
>Head straight for the conservation room, encounter keypad
>Buddy gives a long list of possible passwords
>I note two keys have been pressed twice, guess the right password
>declaration get
>on our way out, GF sorta kinda metagames and rolls to suspect me
>swap the declaration for a fake from the gift shop, mask the scene as a failed heist.
>GF follows me to the van, demands to see the declaration
>show her the receipt, she's not buying it
>Buddy just straight up kidnaps her, drive back home
>Explain the plan, she's all over it.
>Home with poppa, can't get the map to appear.
>Neckbeard tells us a short history on invisible writing,
>GF freaks out since the declaration is dangerously close to a candle
>roll perception
>GM: You notice some writing on the back.
>Neckbeard: "I told you. You need heat."
>Look at GF.
>"More heat." "More lemons."
>>
>>54771828

national treasure
>>
File: Harry Potter the RPG.png (245KB, 1026x1771px) Image search: [Google]
Harry Potter the RPG.png
245KB, 1026x1771px
>>54748124
Someone should get Shoggy to do another big movie-as-RPG writethread someday.
>>
>>54771895
I'm in that cap, honored
>>
>>54771895
I really want to read the essays they wrote for the third movie
>>
>>54772406
Huh?
>>
>>54766067

Heather's?
>>
>After completely giving up looking for a normal group I finally throw away all my standards and agree to DM for a group I found on a fucking anime fanfiction forum a friend referred me to.
>First session I've played online but I'm sure these are totally normal reasonable people
>Not really feeling like putting a whole complex game together before I know if they're any good, I barely put any effort into it.
>Since I was watching Attack on Titan at the time and these are huge anime nerds, I decided to basically steal the "humanity is stuck in their cities because the world is crawling with [insert generic spooky monsters here].
>Not a lot else going on so I cram in some sci-fi tech I used in my last game since I had the notes available. I just use "oh there's a generic crystal super resource people make technology with as a hand wave.
>So having known everything in advance, they present their characters
>So it begins my slough through an entire group of That Guys

cont.
>>
>>54773264

>When I ask for the first person's character sheet he links me his deviantart page. Cue several pages of dark and edgy characters brooding over dead parents EXCLUSIVELY in a black and red color palette that utilizes THE most overused "so dark and edgy" weapon that every fourteen year olds first character uses. Immediately realize I've made a mistake.

>Second player sends me fucking six pages of backstory about how his totally-not-his-fetishbait-waifu-with FUCKING CAT EARS was secretly the daughter of a king from a secret island nobody knows about in a secret rebel organization but was betrayed by her lover with a glowing red katana and she's dark and mysterious and doesn't let anyone close to her because "I'll just get you hurt" and oh my god I'm not reading any more of this. Had to write a huge chunk of lore on the fly just to make it make sense.

>Already resigned to my fate the third player links their sheet. It's pretty short but that's pretty much the only redeeming quality. It's like he went down a Mary Sue checklist and just didn't get it. Princess from the most rich and powerful nation in the world? Check. All the male characters are competing for her affection? Check. Family not only PRODUCES the super powerful magic resource I asspulled but she uses it as a fucking weapon that I still haven't seen a single thing it can't do? Check check check.

>Finally a ray of sunshine, the last character is actually pretty well made. Of corse it’s my friend that referred me to the group in the first place. Just a standard run of the mill smart-ass brawler that only wants to hit things and have a good time. Apparently he was friends with the edge lord which is how he got into the group, so their characters are related as a way of keeping him in check.

Just one more, promise.
>>
File: rwby_by_rustyartist-d9e9ycz.jpg (168KB, 900x577px) Image search: [Google]
rwby_by_rustyartist-d9e9ycz.jpg
168KB, 900x577px
>>54773280
>Game immediately begins with the edge lord saying he can’t play, but he has his 9 year old sister take over the character. The dark, tragic backstory, scythe wielding child is now played by a literal child who’s obsessed with cookies and puppies. It’s adorable. Voice get’s kind of grating though.

>The guy playing the totally not out of place cat girl- who’s apparently some creepy overweight NEET I can almost smell through the screen- spends almost every early session completely silent being all mysterious, obviously waiting for someone to approach him. No one does so he starts brewing up this plot about how her dark and mysterious past is coming back to haunt her. Oh also now everyone’s ALSO in love with her too, including another PC apparently, despite never actually opening up to anyone and quietly skulking in the corner every game.

>The rich famous princess who is also an opera singer now? spends every game openly arguing with EVERYONE OOC and being generally shitty in game. Gets jealous that the catgirl is getting so much attention, so now there are even more characters vying for her love.
>Fucking ruins half the game with what I can only describe as teenage drama bullshit. I end up having to make a fucking school dance arc just to shut them up.

>Get so fed up with their antics I have the super villains they’re meant to be out fighting LITERALLY break down the door with waves of monsters and start killing people, including two of their favorite NPC’s because fuck you people.
>This apparently triggers the edgy super child’s super secret special world changing protagonist powers nobody knew about.
>I got a shitty roll with my favorite DMPC and he wound up eaten by a gryphon, so I’m salty enough to just allow it.

Didn't mean for it to be this long. This wound up fitting so much better than I anticipated it's hilarious.
>>
>>54769272
>>54769293

EVERYBODY GET UP, IT'S TIME TO SLAM NOW
>>
File: [angry dooting].gif (1MB, 375x212px) Image search: [Google]
[angry dooting].gif
1MB, 375x212px
>>54773264
>>54773280
>>54773307
YOUUUUU
>>
>getting together for a campaign with two of my best friends
>we've all been tight for decades
>they roll up their characters
>one noblebright paladin, high physical stats, good mental stats
>other is a rogue, high mental stats, decent physical and a focus on crafting
>they immediately decide to be enemies for no apparent reason
>paladin decides he doesn't want to help people
>rogue decides he doesn't want to steal shit OR help people
>they basically do nothing whatsoever for the first three sessions save for occasionally reminding each other that they're SUPER ENEMIES
>eventually throw a villain into the situation to force them to cooperate
>they really don't
>lol, k, through hand-waving I set them up for the fight they want so much.
>paladin could easily have won the fight a thousand different ways because the rogue didn't bother with steal or subterfuge, but rogue still wins because paladin is retarded
>MAAAAAAGHAURTHAAAGH
>Mommy unites them
>Player #2's girlfriend shows up, wants to get in, whatever, roll her up a female warrior.
>Paladin dies because again, he's retarded
>nothing happens at the end
>>
>>54773401
BvS.
>>
File: 3pmiEzi.jpg (50KB, 990x500px) Image search: [Google]
3pmiEzi.jpg
50KB, 990x500px
>GM writes up a dystopian modern/future Sci-fi campaign.
>Me, my GF, my stoner buddy, GF's nurse friend, and That Guy decide to play
>Stoner bro is late, likely because he's high
>Opening scene nearly fucking one-shots me before even meeting the party
>Decide to go to work, like a normal fucking person
>Get kidnapped
>What.jpeg
>My GF decided to be my PC's ex-wife
>Implying implications I'm uncomfortable with but okay
>Offers me work
>I accept because fuck it
>Meet the party: That Guy, Nurse, GF, and GMPC.
>MFW GMPC is literally the GM's waifu
>Job is simple: smuggle the Waifu across the country
>Get ambushed by anarcho/raider mob because apparently those just exist now
>GF rolls a nat 1
>Headshot, instantly killed.
>OkayThen.png
>Bury her, keep moving.
>Get to That Guy's house
>Spend the night
>Contemplate why my PC is still doing this job without my ex-wife, but keep it together for the GM
>Hear voices in the middle of the night, roll sneak to investigate
>Turns out That Guy decided to fuck the party and set up the ambush
>Get pissed
>Stoner bro shows up, we update him with the story
>Too high to figure out what's going on
>Back in game, I grab the party and try to sneak out to stoner bro's house
>Nat 1.
>Wild ass chase sequence between PC's
>Get away just fine
>Me, nurse, Waifu meet up with Stoner bro
>That Guy gets a 20 on the tracking check, follows us
>Stoner bro heroically sacrifices self to delay That Guy
>Mostly because he wanted to go smoke more weed, but ok
>Make it to the other side of the country
>Nurse has to leave, she ""gets randomly detained"" by police, and is left behind.
>Just me and the waifu now
>Fucking end this already
>Make it to where the pickup point is
>That Guy decides to fucking go all out and use the mob to attack
>Army gets called in to suppress the riot
>Shit everywhere
>That Guy gets killed by a tank
>Get shot myself
>Manage to get Macguffin McWaifu to a boat out of here
>Die
>GM giddy with how happy everything went
>Everyone pissed
>>
>>54773461
Fury Road?
>>
>>54773461
Children of Men
>>
>>54772902
During the filming for Prisoner of Azkaban, Alfonso Cuaron asked the main three to write and submit essays about their characters.
Daniel Radcliffe handed in a page.
Emma Watson handed in 16 pages.
Rupert Grint got caught up in his irl school stuff and didn't hand in anything at all.
>>
>solo campaign
>GM lays out my Cleric's backstory, he survived a pogrom and got adopted by the king
>then he got mad about some guy beating a slave, killed the guy, and got himself exiled
>this wasn't what I was expecting when I put all those ranks in Perform
>GM tells me I'm in the desert now
>okay, wat do?
>listen to this guy's inspirational speech about faith
>wait, who am I a Cleric of? Every time I picked a member of the pantheon from the setting doc, you shot it down. What are my Domains?
>you're the first to manifest powers from a new in-setting religion. Domains are Law, Good, and Water
>why three?
>you're right, I'll give you Fire, too
>don't most Clerics get two?
>yeah, but you're the new god's first Cleric, you're special
>cool, what now?
>remember the kingdom you got kicked out of in your backstory? You're going there to spread the faith and free slaves
>okay I guess, how hard could that be?

>several high-DC opposed Sing checks later, I've somehow caused a local apocalypse without really meaning to and the people who aren't dead are looking to me to save them
>how am I supposed to get all of these people across the water
>GM gives me two free casts of Miracle
>I use the first to replicate a metamagic' d Control Water and send everyone across
>there's an army behind us
>I drop it on any soldiers who get into the sea and use the second Miracle to boost my Elemental Swarm (Fire)
>this somehow causes a fire tornado

>wait, did I just murder my adoptive brother, my only nephew, and several hundred thousand people? How did my alignment not change at all?
>don't worry about it, says GM, they would've pinged Evil if I were a Paladin
>the epilogue is I got REALLY lost
>>
>>54773748
>I SENT THE LOCUSTS ON THE WIND SUCH AS THE WORLD HAD NEVER SEEN
>>
>>54773307
>>54773280
>>54773264
This setting would work ridiculously well for an actual TTRPG though. Although if I were going to run something where everyone had some crazy power specific to themselves, Jojo is probably the real winner.
>>
File: movieposter.jpg (25KB, 279x402px) Image search: [Google]
movieposter.jpg
25KB, 279x402px
>New campaign
>GM really wants to do a zombie apocalypse setting
>roll up a character and get shit for most of my stats
>At least my mentals are pretty solid
>Except charisma
>Friend rolls up a character who is an ace at fighting
>His goal is to have desert
>Other players roll up a pair of sisters
>Basically a pair of rogues
>First session begins on the highway
>Meet up with tough guy and defuse the near shootout
>Take his van to a supermarket and clear out some zombies
>Meet the other two PCs
>At some point they must have decided to be That Guys for this campaign
>They take our weapons and our van
>GM is a railroading fuck though and we end up meeting again
>Decide to work together this time
>Whole bunch of misadventures
>All ends at a crazy theme park
>Tough guy taking out zombies all over
>My character finally accomplishes something and saves another PC
>Actually well done zombie campaign
>>
>finally get a GM to let my half-dragon mageknight in, but he says I need to make a few tweaks to my backstory
>lets me know he's got two groups running a war campaign against each other and I can join one
>starts me out with his theater major friend's Cavalier, an edgelord Wizard, the guy porting his ERP dragon rider, and that guy's little sister's Bard, the first group
>they're all playing not!German royalty, and the Bard focused on healing for some reason
>we do a few sessions together - everyone else has cohorts, so I pick up mine
>another Bard who the GM introduces as a possible love interest, and a Rogue with ranks in Profession (housekeeper)

>five sessions later, the other group shows up and wants me to join them instead
>a ported L5R character, a Cavalier with a pegasus, a Barbarian/Ranger, and a Cleric ported from Magical Burst
>GM mentions right there that the entire plot changes based on which group I decide to stay with permanently
>ask if there are any other options
>GM says I could also do a solo campaign, or take my character to the PvP arena he's running on the side

>wat do
>>
>>54774121
Aren't we supposed to guess just from the text?
>>
> Running Rogue Trader
> Felenid Rogue Trader, Freebooter Mekboy, Scum Voidmaster, and a Savant who's bankrolling the whole thing
>Searching for an ancient Craftworld, the Scum lucked into some Eldar artifact that would point the way.
>Crew is full of Xenos because they left the Freebooter in charge of picking crew
>They kind of pair off. RT and Savant start a romance subplot, while the Freebooter takes the Scum under his wing on being one of the Boyz.
>This is getting too lovey dovey, I throw a warp anomaly at them at one of the stops.
>Whole group has to work together to keep the ship in working order.
>They don't notice when I have a Kroot Merc murder the first mate in the commotion.
>They make it to the planet, I pass a note to the Freebooter.
> ItsTime.jpeg
>Turns out the Freebooter wanted the treasure for himself.
>Remaining party makes for the planet on a vulture, nearly gets shot down. RT at critical wounds and no one took medicine.
>New player joins, I handwave him as a mechanicus who has been stuck on the planet for years
>Turns out the entire interior of the planet is Eldar tech.
>Scum avenges first mate
>Freebooter catches up with the group, captures them.
>Discover that the whole planet is an intergalactic webway nexus that Dark Eldar corsairs used to raid from.
>And all their loot is at the center of the planet.
>Keep stony faced as the group triggers the booby trap, pass a note to the enginseer.
>JustAsKeikaku.jpeg
>Group has to rush back to ship as planet explodes around them
>Ship too damaged, won't make orbit before the explosion
>Voidmaster and Freebooter come up with a plan, use the webway
>Voidmaster fails agility save on gravbike, uses fatepoint
>That clutch success
>Ship launches through portal, explosion at it's heals.
>Made a tidy profit, most of the crew lost in the explosion so they won't have to pay them.
>AnotherHappyLanding.jpeg
>>
>>54774749
That's Treasure Planet, ain't it? Someone already did that upthread.
>>
>>54754026
>>54754319
>Prince (female)
Otherwise, that's pretty good green, Anon.
>>
>>54748799
You watched that and didn't shoot yourself?
>>
>>54774784
I don't think so. Titan AE was, but I can't find Treasure Planet
>>
>>54774287
FE: Fates?
>>
File: join-smash.jpg (48KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
join-smash.jpg
48KB, 640x360px
>>54775056
Yep!
>>
>>54773461
Children of Men? The one where humans got sterile but one dumbass ethnic chick somehow gets knocked up? How is that waifu material?
>>
>>54774121
Zombieland
>>
>>54748850
>didn't know it was known outside of Italy
Are you nice and comfy under that rock?
>>
I got one a few of you might know, bumping so it doesn't die while I'm writing.
>>
>Running a scifi game, pass setting notes to the party beforehand
>They talk it over
>Group decides that they want to be criminals on the run from the federation, toss out some character ideas:
>D picks one of the generic warrior races, angsts about how the feds took his son
>R, kind of a THATGUY sometimes, picks a small, ugly bastard that's a rich merchant who made too many shady deals
>G picks an enlightened monk/pilgrim type lady, race is secretly plant people even though they don't look like it
>E rolls up a 'rogue' not!human federation enforcer lady and fills the investigator/second combat monster role
>All right, seems well and good, so you're on the run from the Federation in-
>Your bioship? You can't have a bioship, those are supposed to be really rare high tier-
>Group collectively riots, they get their bioship with a warp ability and everything, I'll fuck them over with that later maybe. Come up with an npc pilot, I'll figure out his backstory later.
>Run a session, ends up together in their bioship, trying to get away, PCs don't get along at all but OOC the players love it
>Party barely getting away by the skin of their teeth every session, tense as fuck but still in high spirits
>A few sessions in, J asks to join as a human from Earth, astronaut who got lost as fuck
>Minmaxed to all hell
>About to refuse when the rest of the party demands he be allowed, cave in
>Describe how a vessel of extremely primitive and unknown design lands in their hangar, blathering human comes out. Party gives him the translation serum, J immediately mentions how much he wants to go back to earth
>Rest of party realizes that the Federation doesn't control Earth, decides that they're gonna find a way back there
>God damn it, your bioship is pregnant, fuck you all.
>>
>>54776727
Farscape?
>>
>>54776761
You know it.
>>
>>54776913
You had me at bioship.
>>
>>54757606
Almost thought it was Devil May Cry for a bit, though things weren't adding up
>>
>>54766012
Well obviously they're a team, dingus.
>>
>>54770006
Thanks, i might as well try writing a bit more, dunno how much though, i lost my interest while trying to come up with Forks antics.

>Bring the alliance and imperial players to the same table for the first time since the beginning of the game
>That guy declares that the imperial battle plan will be to pull back any and all frontier defence forces and take all local food supplies with them
>Most of the alliance table look at each uther with a look of worry while little shit starts laughing at his brothers cowardice, saying that he is too afraid of facing the alliance fleet
>Several in game weeks go by, supply officer player is visibly distressed as he has to use his phones calculator to fork up numbers of resources they need to provide the troops and civilians
>Presents them to the NPC super admiral of the alliance and fumbles his diplomacy roll, causing the admiral to be disinterested, little shit is NPC admirals adjutant and just shrugs it off as something not very important
>Now, in this game we try to play our fleets in a realistic manner, so the troops need food, ships need fuel and ammo and supplies are just a simplification of those all into a tangible resource
>Imperial players locate the alliance supply line and that guys friend goes to attack it
>Some glorious combat rolls are had and the look on little shits face is priceless
>Alliance fleet now has no supplies and little shit tells the others that they just have to find resources where ever they might find them
>Some players try looting the colonies with predictably bad results
>At this point three of the alliance players have started exchanging notes, preparing to convince the super admiral with their combined diplo rolls
>Senior player calls the super admiral since he has the highest charisma
>Little shit tries to block him saying OOC that the invasion can still work if they just bite down for a while
>In character he just tries to weasel word his way out

>Cont
>>
>>54778708
Cont.

>Senior player gives some pretty decent bantz in character at the little shit and at this point the fucker starts actually screaming
>He calls out his fellow alliance players out on being too passive (they have advanced as far as supplys allow them to), his brother and other imperial players for just running away and finally me for and i quote "writing a shitty mechanic that has no place in real combat"
>He up and leaves at that point
>After getting that sorted out, we continue playing for some more time, we write his character off into a temporary coma due to some sorta medical condition (his brother said he tends to get this sorta little tantrums and tends to come back with apologies after a week or so)
>Senior player tries to contact the super admiral again but he is asleep (i decided to throw the little shit a bone here so his blatant blocking wasnt completely needless)
>It was at this time that the folks on Imperial table said that we need more dice
>>
>>54778746
>When imp players said they needed more dice they werent kidding, they decided to pick this time to launch their attack on alliance side and everyone needed at least 3 dies for combat rolls (and there was up to 10+ players at this point rolling)
>I decided that DMing multiple combat engagements simultaneously was suicide so i instead told them that they could just roll against each other and call me when ever somebody needed it, i would later read their combat reports and compile a telling of how the battles went
>After half an hour everyone had turned in their combat reports and i got to work
>To makea long story short, the imperial players had a unified strategy regarding enemy forces, they had home front advantage and great supply lines
>Allianc players on the other hand had exactly as much coordination as an army of headless chickens and little to no knowledge of the land and shitty supply situation
>Honestly, i am surprized as many survived as they did
>At this point remaining alliance players decide to pull their forces together and prepare for a mother of all engagements
>Imps outnumber them although That guys friend isn't with the main attack, instead he is rolling for stealth and movement
>From the very start things go poorly for alliance, they roll poorly, are outnumbered and morale is shit from multiple defeats and withdrawals
>They manage to gang up and beat one of TG's companions fleets up pretty badly, but he manages to recover
>It's at this time that TG's friend rolls for explosion damage that everyone starts noticing him again
>His fleet is positioned behind the alliance fleet on the other side of a minefield the alliance players laid to protect their ass
>TG's friend uses those modified fuel carriers he used before to throw starship fuel onto the minefield
>He ignites it and several large columns of empty space form on the field
>At this point remaining alliance players panic and start retreating
>Cont.
>>
>>54778888
>Original alliance player stays behind and through some pretty fine gaming and dice gods being on his side, he manages to hold the imps in place and even manages to wreck one of their fleets while fleeing
>That guy was not amused
>He starts chewing out this one guy whose fleet got wrecked but his friend then starts calming him down
>That guy gets a hold of himself and apologises from the other player, saying that in game he is just going to order his character under house arrest for few weeks for fialing in combat
>After that is done with he prepares to continue on his attack straight to the alliance territory when i decide to throw alliance players a bone for a change
>I inform the table that the empire is in an uproar over the death of the emperor
>"Wait what? I didn't kill him yet" says that guy
>I then detail out the political situation for the imperial players, they will have to choose who they are going to back in an upcoming power struggle, one of the two nobles with claim to throne via marriage to emperors daughters or by installing emps 5 year old grand son on the throne as a puppet
>That guy decides he wants to run a country and so he starts backing the brat emperor
>We end the session there and i start prepping my stuff for next game, meanwhile that guy and his tactical aide whisper some stuff to each other and that guy phones one of his friends while on their way out
>>
>want to do an intrigue/slice of life campaign
>players roll their characters
>a peasant girl who needs to find a husband
>an old woman who tries to find the husband for her
>that guy rolls a fucking cricket
>okay nevermind let's get on with the plot
>roll to do your chores
>natural fucking 1
>oh well, prepare to meet with the matchmaker, let's get some roleplaying going
>she finds out there's going to be war
>yeah but let's get back to finding your husband
>the PCs meet
>that guy keeps fucking around and talking OOC
>the chick plays along with him
>it's a fucking disaster
>the guy playing the matchmaker ragequits
>oh fuck the campaign's going to shit
>'well I wanna go kill somebody'
>you're just a fucking peasant girl holy shit
>he brings a friend next session
>he wants to be a dragon
>whathaveidonetodeservethis.jpg
>try to get them expelled from basic training but she keeps rolling 20s
>whatever I'm going to kill her in the war
>they go up against a fucking army by themselves armed with a single rocket
>'I fire the rocket at the mountain to cause an avalanche'
>fuck.gif
>I'm gonna have to give them a medal or some shit since they've effectively won the war single handedly
>fuck that shit I'm bringing the BBEG back
>make him super OP and give him powerful minions
>they're still level 1 so they're going to get steamrolled, they don't even have a wizard
>they kill him with fucking fireworks
>I'm gonna have the last laugh though
>"the king gives you a medal for protecting the country, and next year you marry the general's son"
>>
>>54779029
BE A MAN
>>
>>54779040
LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS
>>
Okay, so this isn't movies, i ran out of movie memories, but anyway:

>get into a game
>I'm the only other guy there
>The rest of the players are girls
>Most of the girls just troll about in town for some reason, Only one (playing this fetishbait anime sorceress with a bell collar) actually does the storyline.
>Roll up a swordsman
>Family is in poverty since dad died in the dungeon near the town, had to sell dad's 101 pets to make ends meet
>Only other guy plays another swordsman
>Apparently well off, there's friendly-ish rivalry.
>Me, Swordrival and Animemage are the only ones actually going to the dungeon, rest of the girls just troll about in town
>Apparently i'm childhood friends with one player's tomboy character.
>Another runs the town general store.
>Third one is a waitress at the restaurant.
>Sessions usually lasted five visits to the central dungeon.
>First sesh, GM gives me a tiny pet dragon that talks human.
>Find a pile of loot in the first floor, even an egg for some reason.
>Floor two, Swordrival is there talking smack about me.
>Challenge him to a fight.
>Realize i didn't find a sword.
>Pelt him with the egg.
>A green ballheaded snake pops out and headbutts him to death before disintegrating.
>wut.anon
>Go a bit further, no sword.
>Dragonbro is a huge help crutching me through to floor 7, end up snagging a wind crystal and warping out with it.
>Pawn off my stuff to shopkeep player, some light mocking for being a poorfag
>Buy a poster for the lols.
>The other girls giggle, apparently Swordrival bought one too.
>It's of her arse in a pink bikini.
>It's a hazing thing.
>Hang the poster above my bed like a boss
>some uneventful sessions later, find the carpenter's lodgings.
>Order an expansion to my kennel and a casino the priest mentioned the town could use
>Buy some sushi, Swordrival's stuck buying cheaper tempura.
>Talks smack about me not being able to enjoy the taste

(cont.)
>>
>>54779220
>Give such a lurid description of the meal the GM calls a time out so we can eat dinner.
>back into the tower with my dragonbro and a cool-ass flame knight dude.
>Floor two, Animemage is there.
>Asks if some crazy ass rumor her brother the Swordrival has been spreading is for real
>Haze her back, say it's true
>She says i'm a mystery and walks off.
>Higher up the dungeon, find an oil pot.
>Why do i want an oil pot
>Some green bastard with a bag steals my sword
>Grab an odd-looking apple and pelt him with it
>He turns into an egg with my sword next to it,
>daffaq.anon
>head back.
>Hatch the egg in the kennel, get the green bastard as a pet
>GM and players can't agree on whether it's a picket fence or a souvenir.
>Also apparently the oil pot was needed to fix the town windmills.
>More sessions, Childhood Pal is running a donation drive for a fountain
>Pay 1000 gold for it
>Fuck it, i'm loaded.
>Swordrival fucks around and donates 1001 gold just to spite me
>OOC she calls him out on being cheap and spiteful
>IC rolls decree she's infatuated with him.
>Whatever, head to the carpenter's to get more buildings
>I'm not actually loaded.
>Go to the casino for lols.
>RNG smiles on me that day, walk out with several millions.
>buy out some other things, like a gym staffed by the GM's two genderbent macho self inserts/bara yaoi fantasies, and a library.
>Suddenly the quiet girl perks up and says her character moves to the library.
>Another ends up pelting me with a teddy bear when i walk by a house.
>She's ill, town doesn't have the cure
>Feel bad, end up donating to the doctor to build a better hospital
>She gets moved there, doc says i need a herb from a high floor to cure her
>Also, bring the shopkeep some octopus balls i got for free from the windmill engineer's apprentice's new octopus ball stand.
>To the tower.
>Swordrival keeps rolling shit for anything, escapes on floor two
>Animemage is there too, gets ambushed by one of those green hornsnakes
(cont'd)
>>
>>54779080
MOM'S SPAGHETTI
>>
>>54779326
>GM: That's my fetish.jpg
>Slips a paper to Animemage's player, she blushes red as a tomato.
>So do the two girls sitting by her
>I walk in.
>No weapons so i throw Dragonbro at the hornsnake
>Animemage's sputtering out confused questions about me saving her, walks off.
>Bit higher, find a blue cape.
>Also a red guy with a rasta ponytail.
>It eats my shield and vomits up another funny-looking apple.
>Eggify it, GM and the other players flipping their shit.
>I don't see the appeal.anon
>Back in town, some sessions later.
>Animemage gives me an egg.
>I see what happened there.
>CF sees this, Swordrival is also there.
>CF thinks i'm cheating on her, Swordrival chastises Animemage for giving me an egg.
>Whatever.
>Bring the cape to the bar, the barkeep's sister flips out and goes catatonic.
>Get out and give her some space
>Notice some glasses girl is following me.
>It's Quiet Girl.
>Tell her to cut that out.
>She's flipping out and apologizing profusely
>Just don't go in the tower.anon
>See SK giving Swordrival a lotion with a discount.
>Swordrival and SK mock me.
>Walk in after Swordrival leaves.
>Yell at her for mocking me,
>She brings up my dead dad
>Yell at her more for dragging my dad to this.
>She's in tears, wander off.
>Grab some grub at the restaurant, started ordering prawn since i could invent a thousand ways to say prawns are delicious.
>Tower time
>Floor two, another Swordrival battle
>Goes down in one strike from my fancy cursed sword.
>Drops his wind crystal.
>Find the herb required for Sick Girl.
>Head back.
>The fountain's built, there's a cellist there playing.
>It sounds nice, so i stick around and listen.
>Swordrival shows up, yells at cellist to get off CF's beautiful fountain
>Yell at Swordrival for interrupting the nice tunes with his shitty voice
>CF takes my side, kicks Swordrival off the fountain plaza and listens to the music with me
>Realize there's a swimming pool by the town corner, hit them up.
(cont.)
>>
>>54779444
>They need a water purifier which was stolen by a which was stolen by a white bastard with a bag.
>Back to the tower.
>Floor two, GM throws an overpowered encounter at me.
>Run the fuck away
>Animemage is there, gets lucky with a roll and fries the encounter in one shot.
>She's asking why she saved me and why i saved her
>Jokingly mention she loves me.
>She decides she does love me.
>Find the water purifier
>Also meet some blue-haired bastard who killed my dad.
>Back in town, give the purifier to the pool, QG is there to go swimming with me for some reason.
>Go pawn off stuff to the SK, she's selling lotion to Swordrival for a massive markup.
>Proclaims her love for me after he leaves.
>Visit the restaurant, it's just the waitress there,
>She cooks for me, a dish of deep-fried prawns with octopus sausages.
>She's even brought a real one over.
>It's delicious.
>Says she loves me.
>CF isn't letting Swordrival to her house
>Sneak in through the window
>She thinks i'm gonna punch her for being an idiot.
>My poppa didn't raise no wifebeater.anon
>She's happy, i guess this means we're dating.
>Visit the tavern, NPC buddy witha thing for theatrics pulls the new dancer over for rehearsals.
>End up training her into a pitch perfect dancer, >Swordrival stops being swordrival for a while and just watches her dance with me at the bar.
>Back to the tower, time to end this.
>Get beat down by BB, cut and bleeding on a seal.
>Suddenly Dragonbro.
>Turns into his arm and then back, carrying a sword.
>Shrinks and eats BB.
>wut.anon
>Whatever, get the egg on the seal.
>Back in town, everyone's here watching for when i come back.
>Even SG, who was cured by an anonymously donated herb and became a nurse.
>Go home, hatch the egg.
>It's Dragonbro: Edgy Edition.
>Was it a picket fence or a souvenir?
>>
>>54753553
The ex-merc saved him, you dummy.
>>
>>54754033
>Rogue decides we'll start the session swindling thugs out of their gold in the alley behind the inn
>All the while the bard is playing music to keep the public busy, unaware that his melody is actually a spell causing the dice to roll favorably every time
>Thugs quickly catch on because seriously they make EVERY SINGLE ROLL win
Is that...
>Bard, and I quote, "angrily plays his lute at them"
Oh you cheeky prick, I love you no homo
>>
>>54757947
hand attack human(male)
>>
>>54779220
>>54779326
>>54779444
>>54779552

I've got no idea which one this is, solution please?
>>
>DM a homebrew post apocalyptic setting with a twist
>melee only bitches
>people think its gay and only two show up
>player A wants to roleplay some drifter with a mysterious past that wants to gamble and drink booze
>realize the homebrew is fucked as he rolls a character that punches with the force of a sledgehammer and the speed of a bullet
>can also magically cheat in card games like he owns the millennium fucking puzzle
>player B tries to one him up with a fucking samurai
>ends up being nearly unkillable thanks to homebrew balance
>manage to persuade him that he only gets a katana later after he does a couple of quests as long as he gets Judo Mastery immediately
>get them to meet at a tavern for an NPC bard to get them started
>A starts being an asshole in character and out
>their characters start going at each other
>they're so bullshit that A almost oneshots B every blow that connects and B recovers fully after dodging and countering a couple of them
>decide to end this asap
>break them up with bullshit NPC bard charisma and wisdom and set them on a straight line towards ridiculously powerful crime kingpin and lumberjack extraordinare BBEG and his Starscream second in command
>put them through shitty and generic quests like saving B's jailbait cousin from Starscream and his lower ranking Akatsuki members, training farmers for a rebellion against Paul Bunyan BBEG, and a mirror match for kicks
>they eat that shit up
>campaign ends with A's drifter character revealing his true motive of avenging his father's death or some stupid shit while B gets to fulfill his weab fantasies
>They part ways and shit while the I low key hint the bard bangs B's cousin
>>
Great thread everyone. Thanks for playing.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.