/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are they such huge jobbers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 22

The Adepta Sororitas are really cool and the only way(other than Tyranids) GW has of attracting female players, yet all they have them do is lose and get curb-stomped constantly.

Why?
>>
>>54746294
>other than Tyranids
what?
>>
>>54746294
They're elite enough to make things that beat them seem threatening, but they aren't the poster-boy marines that aren't allowed to lose.

Also, wehavethisthreadeveryday.jpg
>>
>>54746386
A disproportionate percentage of the Tyranid playerbase is female. Nobody's done surveys, but the anecdotal evidence from a lot of different FLGS's seems strong.
>>
>>54746294
Ignoring the issue of "women in 40k" draws less attention than a half-assed, half-supported solution like the Sororitas.

It means that GW didn't just "forget" about women, but they have THEIR SEPARATE SEGREGATED NICHE ROLE in the Imperium (and already the landwhales smell "oppression").
...And then that raises the question, what about feminine acting Orks, or female Necrons?

"Oops, we forgot!" Is way easier to justify.

I agree it would be really cool to have an all-female separated faction, it fits into the "Empire as a giant church" mood, but if GW wants to simplify all to "generic Halo ripoff for the whole family" it might be easier to one day introduce female Space Marine heads and call it a day.

Also there's a desperate need for a Necron Queen because it would look dope and appropriate, but that's a different story.
>>
>>54746386
>>54746416
It is the strangest thing in the world, and for whatever reason also applies to stuff like zerg.

I think it's swarm mentality.
>>
>>54746386
As explained by one of my friends, they are the perfect mixture of pets and abominable monsters. She even said that she could be the Crazy Tyranid Lady.
>>
The idea of a crazed group of fanatical nuns with amazing faith-powers is so fucking cool but GW shits on it at every turn, who knows what goes throufh their minds
>>
Why do some of them have wings?
>>
File: 1499106930964.jpg (331KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
1499106930964.jpg
331KB, 1280x854px
I'm going to save them with fair and balanced writing not endorsed by Games Workshop.

>>54746455

This. If they actually had a range of miniatures to sell that wasn't twenty years old, I think they'd probably give them more.
>>
>>54746416
I thought the same also applied to Dark Eldar?
>>
>>54746499

None of them do. Celestine's miniature never depicted her with wings but official art did, for some reason. Her wings are mechanical now and part of her armour.
>>
If they released plastic sisters I'd honestly consider getting into 40k

but then I look at the new trajectory and I have 0 interest in herohammer so maybe not.
>>
>>54746518
People play Dark Eldar?
>>
>>54746294
>actually wanting women to ruin your hobby
For what purpose?
>>
>>54746558
Clearly to not have to deal with so much autism. Your post is just an example.
>>
Because they only still exist due to an extremely vocal, extremely small minority. Almost no one really cares about SoBs that much one way or the other.
>>
>>54746570
Autists are much easier to deal with than women. At least they follow SOME form of a logic.
>>
>>54746418
> what about feminine acting Orks
Orks don't abide by gender roles, they are all the ork gender and applying male and female constructs on them is like trying to ask about tyranids that act human.
>>
It's almost as if sacrifice is one of their core themes.
>>
>>54746635
Clearly just a pisspoor justification to abuse women like the creepy shitlords that GW seems to be
>>
>>54746586
r9k, pls go
>>
>>54746586
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>54746651
You first, tumblr
>>
>>54746586
Go be cancer somewhere else.
>>
>>54746665
+1
>>
>>54746431
It's not that strange.

It's something you see in D&D too. Women don't generally play the ugly humanoids, like orcs or ogres, but they're more likely to go for something completely inhuman like Thri-Keen or Wilden or whatever. The reason for this is the same reason they tend to play paladins over fighters, or druids over rangers, and the same reason they often like Tyranids. They don't often find the overtly masculine power fantasies of Space Marines and IG and Orks appealing, and see a lot of their stuff as ugly, but Tyranids are so inhuman that the same rules don't apply. Tyranids aren't masculine or feminine, and human aesthetic standards don't even come into the equation for them.
>>
File: 1455333700613.png (589KB, 882x934px) Image search: [Google]
1455333700613.png
589KB, 882x934px
>>54746294
I'm under the impression that they honestly don't know what to do with them as a faction. Between superhuman elite space marines and masses of courageous underdogs like the IG, the Sisters sit awkwardly inbetween the two as a kind-of-elite army but not too elite, a sort of big military group but not too big a military force.

Their gimmick is faith, zealotry, and fire, but that's also ever present in every other aspect of the Imperium already. Just about every other faction has a monopoly on a particular niche within the franchise- Tau have the big crazy mechs, Orks the beardy bombast/comedy of the fa/tg/uy, Nids the scary omnipresent threat, etc, but the Sisters struggle to fill out such a role in the setting.

This isn't to say they can't- I honestly think they could be made into something more distinct with a couple further pushes, especially with the faith/miracles... I just doubt GW is willing to get off their asses and try when they can just keep pushing more sales with Marines instead of 'taking a risk' developing the SoB.
>>
>>54746733
>They don't find the overtly male masculine power fantasies... appealing.
>they tend to play paladins over fighters
In what universe is a paladin anything other than the quintessential power fantasy?
>>
>>54746819
>The class that relies on holy magic and belief is more of a power fantasy than the class that relies purely on muscle and martial fortitude
>>
File: 1470178367780.jpg (240KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470178367780.jpg
240KB, 600x500px
>>54746812
>Nids the scary omnipresent threat
>>
>>54746867
Explain to me how being the best guy around and being given literal power by god isn't a power fantasy.
>>
>>54746819
Compare to the fighter.

The fighter relies in muscle. They are defined by their mastery of physical force. They are big, and tough, and strong - it's virtually impossible to make a fighter in D&D without giving them high strength and they're usually best with high con as well.

The paladin matches the fighter not through straight up brawn, but through valour, purity, and quintessential goodness. A paladin's power comes from their strength of will and heart. They are the virtuous romantic knight empowered with holy grace. Women overwhelmingly pick them over fighters when they want to play a tanky role because of this.
>>
Because women are objects and the Imperium is a joke

Iron within iron without
>>
>>54746867
>the class that follows the classic heroic archetype plus being a universe-enabled white knight isn't a power fantasy
Nigga if I could go out and save maidens while throwing around holy fire, I'd do it right the fuck now.
>>
>>54746906
Nobody's saying the paladin isn't a power fantasy. They are both power fantasies.

Paladins are just less about brawn and brutishness and more about virtue and charisma.
>>
>>54746954
>the fighter has to spend time training and maintaining physical perfection, the paladin just gets given power for being da bes person who erryone loves cause dey just so damn good
The paladin is SO much more of a power fantasy.
>>
>>54746938
Would you tho?
>>
>>54746294
They have that perfect combination of (theoretically) powerful, and expendable. Also GW seems to have a hateboner for them.
>>
>>54746987
Nigga fuck off with this shit, I'm not saying one is more of a power fantasy than the other.

They are two different types of power fantasy. One is the power fantasy of being the strongest and toughest around, the other is the power fantasy of being the most valorous and pure around. Women usually prefer the latter.
>>
File: 1497203462372.jpg (270KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1497203462372.jpg
270KB, 1024x1448px
>>54746294
>Celestine BTFO Aba-ding-dong
>Curb-stomped

kek
>>
>>54747005
But one is more of a power fantasy. One has to work for their power, one is granted their power.
>>
>>54746987
Honestly, being good and kind at all times is probably much harder than getting swole.
>>
>>54746997
In a world of objective gods where even death isn't something to be feared? Absolutely.
>>
>>54746987
Dude nobody is saying girls don't like power fantasies, they absolutely do, but they like different power fantasies than guys or they like the same power fantasies but for different reasons.

Like say in the realm of videogames, do you what's one of the most popular power fantasies among women? Fucking Bayonetta
>>
>>54747035
Is it though? Being good in an RPG generally just means not going out of your way to be a cunt and helping the poor. Fighters can do the exact same thing and they still have to earn their power the exact same way as if they were a giant tosser.
>>
>>54747033
The paladin has to be truly righteous and good to gain their powers, and has to continue to do so in order to keep them. The fighter can do whatever they want with their skill and strength.

The paladin is one of the few classes that can have all its benefits plucked away from them if they fail to act to a certain standard.
>>
>>54747070
>Being good in an RPG

Well, getting swole is easy in an RPG too. All I have to do is assign the points.

And people still fuck up paladin morality even now. Why do you think we get so many threads about deus vult fuckers complaining when their DM takes their powers away?
>>
>>54747071
>crushing evil underfoot with your god given powers isn't the literal definition of a power fantasy
>>
>>54747092
Nobody's saying it's not a power fantasy. It's just no less of a power fantasy than being a super strong martial god who does whatever he wants and kills whoever he wants and swings around a sword too large for any human to plausibly wield like it's nothing.

They are different kinds of power fantasies.
>>
>>54747120
>no less

*no more
>>
>>54747120
Well, I disagree. I think it's significantly more of a power fantasy just based on the fact that their powers are given, not earned.
>>
>>54747023
She got killed by Kharn in Shroud of Night.
>>
>>54747146
They are earned, you silly billy.

Being genuinely selfless and courageous in the face of evil is not easy. There are a lot of /fit/ people who are completely incapable of that - hell, maybe even most people in general. The paladin doesn't just get given their shit, they have to prove themselves. And unlike the fighter, they can have all their power snatched away if they use it selfishly or fail to adhere to the highest standards of goodness.
>>
>>54747049
Bayo is awesome, she's gorgeous, oozes styles, carries herself like a supermodel, she's smart, she's funny, she's confident, she's powerful as all fuck. Why wouldn't she be a popular power fantasy?

t. grill
>>
>>54747146
One is a power fantasy based on being a naturally and trained muscle bound badass, the other is a power fantasy of having powers because you are dedicated to a proper and just cause.

And its bulshit said that Paladin powers are not earned. They have a whole shit of virtues and demands they must keep, a warrior only has to be sure he is swole, and even that can come naturally.
>>
>>54747195
>>54747215
If a fighter loses a hand what happens? BOOM huge loss in capacity to fight.

If a paladin loses a hand what happens? BOOM nothing because he can probably just get a god to grow it back, not that he even really needs it because he can CALL DOWN THE POWER OF HEAVEN TO SMITE EVIL.
>>
How much of a wanky power fantasy something is is not determined by what the powers are or where they come from, but what you do with them.

Where the powers come from is irrelevant, because it's a fucking fantasy. Anyone can fantasize about getting super fit and skilled, they're still not doing it. For all intents and purposes fantasizing about being an amazing super talented swordsman with superhuman skill and strength is the same as fantasizing about being a divinely empowered knight with healing hands and holy radiance. Neither is plausible and in both cases it's a fantasy, you're not putting any actual work into either.
>>
>>54747244
You need a cleric to do that shit.
>>
>>54747244
>BOOM nothing because he can probably just get a god to grow it back

To be honest, in D&D, the fighter is just as likely to be able to do this. Or just get someone to heal it, or give him a badass magical simulacrum, or whatever.

>not that he even really needs it because he can CALL DOWN THE POWER OF HEAVEN TO SMITE EVIL

You're thinking of Clerics, bruh. Paladins generally don't shoot lightning, they carve through evil with their sword, which is guided and bolstered by their inherent goodness.
>>
>>54746545
>women aren't people
>>
>>54747315
Thats why your mother was howling last night.
>>
>>54747211
>she's hot i wanna be like her
How profound
>>
File: hmmmmmm.png (460KB, 565x488px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmmm.png
460KB, 565x488px
>>54747369
>ignores smart, funny, confident, powerful

I wonder who is behind this post...
>>
>>54746733
One would imagine that the Sisters would be tailor made for them, seeing as how their whole thing is holy warriors who get by on faith and miracles where Spess Marines get by on brute power.

>>54747244
You're arguing against something nobody has actually said. Stop sperging out already.
>>
>>54746294
I believe the main reason is because they don't have much of a table top presence but since they have stats there're real enough to count unlike Arbrites plus they represent the faith of the Imperium so if you need to attack that you kill them, non combat parts are less impresive so killing priests in large numbers doesn't count.
>>54746812
This is also true, GW seem unsure what to do with them and until we have reason to believe that sisters are not going to get a load of bad codexes a lot of people will be hesitant to buy them.
>>
>>54747414
Sisters have ugly outdated models.

Women do often like them quite a bit though. But, much like OP, they don't want to play a punching bag faction full of incredibly outdated models.
>>
>>54747369
>hes buff i wanna be liek him
Right back at you, buddy
>>
>>54747469
Indeed
The concept is awesome enough, the power armour corset and crazy faith bitches has enough potential.

Hell Slaanesh suffers from that too.
>freaking bondage tit demons! YES!
>oh... those are the models... screaming ugly bitches...
>OK.jpg
>>
File: 99110108108_SeraphimSquad01.jpg (72KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99110108108_SeraphimSquad01.jpg
72KB, 600x620px
What are the tactical applications of sisters on stilts?

Why does the sister superior choose to use a single stilt?
>>
>>54747600
>so new it hurt to read
>>
>>54747600
2nd ed models suffer a bit from weapon choices... The rules allowed for silliness with twin plasma pistols... why only give her one?
>>
When your power is reincarnation, you can lose infinitely with the only casualty being your credibility.
>>
>>54747535
What's wrong with wanting to be swole?
>>
>>54747953
what's wrong with wanting to be hot?
>>
>>54746294
Because GW would rather you drool over its big burly men in power armor and project a male power-fantasy as the main selling point than try and write more than a few token books about a good female-only army.

because they crave that bulk limited run plastic model and official color paint money more than they do any kind of long-term book revenue.
>>
>>54747349
>mother jokes
>2017
>>
>>54746614
Orks have no concept of gender but they also have no concept of football and yet they're clearly based on British football hooligans
>>
>>54746418
>female 'crons
muh dick
>>
>>54746819
The key words here aren't "power fantasy," they're "masculine" and "male"
Also, paladins totally are a power fantasy, don't get me wrong, but they are always beholden to a higher power and are therefore incapable of the kind of pure dominance you can pretend a fighter has(even if realistically, fighters lack cosmic significance)
>>
>>54747409
Probably a feminist.
>>
>>54746418
There's a Necron Phaerakh in the fluff, just no official model. More than a few people have made their army's Overlords female in the past.
>>
>>54746386
Women have a unified dream of giving birth to millions of horrible monsters and spreading their progeny to stamp out all other life in known existence.

I call it the "Hi Mom" effect.
>>
Honestly, as a girl the one army I'd really want to build is Lost and the Damned
That, or Adeptus Mechanicus, or maybe crons
But I'm salty as heck that the Lost and the Damned don't have rules
>>
>>54746294
tyranids attract women? why? what the hell
>>
>>54749132
>Honestly, as a girl (male)

FTFY
>>
>>54749157
The "cute critters" effect. Basically Tyranids can read more as pets than soldiers which seems to appeal to women.
>>
>>54749157
No one has actually done a survey or anything, but really often anecdotally women in the shop play Tyranids, at least far more they any other faction, except maybe SM / CSM. Hell, even the one women in ours plays a Black / Green Brood.

Something about Broodmother fantasy probably.
>>
>>54749157
What can I say, nids are cute
>>54749185
Rude
>>
>>54746545
Yeah. dark eldar actually have pretty decent models.
>>
>>54749132
Your dick is not effeminate, regardless of what /gif/ and /soc/ tell you. Just grow up and accept that you're male ffs.
>>
>>54749219
>>54749225
>>54749231
very interesting i didnt know that
>>
>>54749219
Huh, guess that explains why my wife plays Wolves.
>>
>>54747211
She wears heels, displays a non-plus size HAES body, and was designed for the male gaze (by a female designer with clearly internalized misogyny).

Bayonetta is the embodiment of patriarchal privilege and toxic masculinity at its finest.
>>
>>54746812
They did a good job with them in gathering storm and are figuring it out. Pushing Living Saints makes a lot of sense as it's a feature that's almost unique to the Sisters and plays into their position as symbol and marital force of the Ecclesiarchy.

For a while with the Witch Hunters book they were pushing their Inquisition ties, but I think the army of faith and miracles works far better.
>>
>>54749219
LOOK AT THIS CUTE BASKET
>>
>>54749296
Most women don't care about that at all.
>>
>>54749339
but tyranids are evil incarnate
>>
>>54749296
Bayonetta is whatever you make of her
All the lesbians I know are fans
>>
>>54746294
Because putting the sex that is seriously physically and psychologically unsuited for combat into the field will result in them getting butchered 9 times out of 10.
>>
>>54749393
But the empire already takes 90% losses 100% of time.
>>
>>54746294

Because they're not MuhTM GamesTM WorkshopTM PrimarisTM SpessTM MuhreenzTM
>>
>>54749393
Imperial Guard has women, my dude
And you might as well say the Tau would get butchered 9 times out of 10
Actually, it'd make more sense
>>
File: 1485182097981.png (263KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
1485182097981.png
263KB, 500x493px
>>54749296
>mfw sister unironically tried to convince me of this
>"the design was clearly made to cater to the male gaze"
>but the designer is female
>"she was clearly forced to make the design because misogyny"
>arguing otherwise is "mansplaining"
I fucking hate third-wave """feminism"""
>>
>>54746677
Says the person advocating roasties ruining hobbies
>>
>>54746294
Sororitas are not a girl's army. It's a fetish army.
>>
>>54749465
It's funny, because elsewhere in the world, woman expressing their sexuality is seen as empowering, liberating, and counter-culture.
>>
>>54746530
Living Saints have real, working wings

They're Daemon Princes after all

Which reminds me, stats for generic Living Saint fucking when? There are canonically tons besides Celestine, and some even rose from the Guard so there's dude angels too.

I want a badass symbol of hope for My Dudettes GW, why is Celestine the only one
>>
>>54746294
>The Adepta Sororitas are really cool and the only way(other than Tyranids) GW has of attracting female players
Because guys can totally play male or female armies but women need to have a female army?

And that army should have armour that's inexplicably thinner than the male version and has the external silhouette of a naked woman with big tits?

Sexist fuck.
>>
>>54746396
>Lamenters
>Rainbow Warriors
>other chapters

never lose... right.
>>
>>54749565
>Because guys can totally play male or female armies but women need to have a female army?
Well yeah. Women have a stunted sense of empathy and thus can only relate to other women.

Just look at all the cries for "representation" in the vidya industry.
>>
>>54747182
Who HASN'T been killed by Kharn at this point
>>
>>54749626
Kharn.
>>
>>54749443
>Imperial Guard has women, my dude
And they die to a man in like 90% of their battles, what of it? Women, no matter how indoctrinated, in the main lack the group instincts of men and have a much lower panic threshold. That's saying nothing of their comparative physical deficiencies. There's a reason the only times they see any serious use are ridiculous climates of PC and total desperation scenarios.
>>
File: gjfjgf.jpg (523KB, 640x1507px) Image search: [Google]
gjfjgf.jpg
523KB, 640x1507px
>>54749465
>>
>>54749650
Are we sure
>>
>>54749706
>Khorne pits Kharn against himself as a test

>Can't remember what the test was for and realizes he could have just had two Kharns
>>
>>54749736
Kharne is the only berserker that Kharne won't betray
>>
File: HereticKillerMiller.png (2MB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
HereticKillerMiller.png
2MB, 1280x1811px
>>54746416
>>54746431
>>54746733

I've seen allot of people put out some bullshit round about theories on why Tyranids are popular with women. All kinds of bullshit from trying to push identity, motherhood, politics, and using the color pink. But I think there is a very simple answer which is that many women have Rape fetish fantasies for insectile and tentacle monsters .
>>
>>54749883
Well Ovipositor dildos are a thing.
>>
>>54749296
Turns out most women love all that stuff.
Great bait, by the way.
>>
File: 1476344392930.png (26KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1476344392930.png
26KB, 1024x1024px
>>54746418
(You)
>>
>>54746583
Literally everyone i know would be interested in SoB if they had plastics.
>>
>>54748062
>trying to argue with /r9k/-tier memes and ironically retarded shitposting

Good luck girl, we're all rooting for you
>>
>>54749354
More like they're predation incarnate. They're not evil any more than wolves are evil (wolves will overkill a region's prey to the point of inefficiency too).
>>
>>54749595
>>54749393
>>54749677

I love all these armchair evolutionary biologists who've never talked to a woman that wasn't their mother but still know everything there is to know about "the weaker sex."
>>
>>54750182
and we love you too
>>
>>54749393
Sororitas are given extensive gene-therapy and brainwashing that pretty much fixes any impediments presented by their gender. The average SoB would easily wrestle your average male fighter into submission.

Remember that we're not talking about women in our military. We're talking about them in a society that is ready and more than willing to fuck with their genes and minds to make them better killers.
>>
>>54749883
Well, >>54746733
here, I actually think that, joking or not, you're partially right. I think I'm MORE right, but the sex bug thing does play a part. I've known a few women who have confessed to rapemonster fantasies.

Hell, I've played in a campaign where the DM and one of the players conspired to include beast races that needed humanoid women for breeding. Turns out magical realms can be fun when the magical realm isn't a sweaty dude's.
>>
>>54749580
>Not Ultramarines
He said poster boys.
>>
>>54747195
>They are earned, you silly billy.

Being genuinely selfless and courageous in the face of evil is not easy.

Ok. So you just described a lawfull good person. What's a paladin done to earn their powers becides ask nicely every morning?
>>
>>54750430
Sworn their service to a greater entity of Lawful/Goodness who grants them power in exchange for following and enforcing the tenants of their alignment?
>>
>>54750182
>but muh lady!
Reddit pls
>>
>>54750158
Wolves are cute tho
>>
>>54750182
>"B-But muh sexism."
Literally anyone who's interacted with women knows this shit. Anyone who's ever had a sister knows how trivially easy it is to beat them in any kind of fight.
>>
>>54750316
To be fair anon there is no way I'd feel comfortable if a guy GM pulled off a RP campaign with that. I mean, for some reason to the general public or even to me, its 100% fine if its a woman. But if it was a male GM, I'd just leave immediately and see it at best horrifically in poor taste. Worst case just disgusting.

We all have our fetishes but when you put it out in front of others so publicly, that's another thing entirely.
>>
>>54750430
>So you just described a lawfull good person

Not really. You can be lawful good and not go to any of the extremes a paladin called to.
>>
>>54746294

Quite simple. -4 str
>>
>>54746438
not trying to be a dick but its because the nids dont have much lore, people look at them and get the whole picture. Every name is some versions of -gon.
>>
>>54746294
>sororitas
>attracting female players
I have never heard of a woman playing SoB.
>>
>>54746416
I've never heard this before- but when I started thinking about it, it's true from what I have seen. Fucking weird.
>>
>>54750908
Yeah, same, pretty much.

If a dude had done the same thing I'd have noped outta there so fucking fast.
>>
>>54751425

I hadn't either but I was collecting a squad from GW the other day and the manager mentioned that a girl collected an Immolator a couple of days earlier. They do exist.
>>
>>54747776
>The rules allowed for silliness with twin plasma pistols... why only give her one?
Given that I still have a conversion from that era with 2 PPs? All you have to do is hack off the pistol hand from the "extended" Seraphim and drop another PP onto her. The models used to cost ~$2-4 a pop, so it wasn't even that expensive..
>>
>>54746418
Some necrons ARE female. They're just, y'know, stuck in skeleton bodies. Male and Female skeletons usually don't have much dymorphism, and the metal form of the Necrons is meant to look like their actual skeletons.
>>
>>54746294
I guess when there's a big fight someone has to lose, so they pick the one that's going to upset the least people.

>>54746386
Don't ask me why, but girls seem to like playing them.
>>
>>54746294
>the only way(other than Tyranids) GW has of attracting female players
dark eldar, orks etc

Women typically avoid obvious "girl" armies. At least as far as my experience working in sales across NA with GW for more than a few years has shown.

the people braying about sisters (and to a lesser degree slaanesh) are mostly dudes
>>
>>54752876
Femcrons have wider hips on average.
>>
>>54753271
Yes and no. The crazy dominatrix nun and the bondage sex monster has some appeal
>>
File: tumblr_njyozdlD9o1siq8rfo1_1280.jpg (89KB, 470x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njyozdlD9o1siq8rfo1_1280.jpg
89KB, 470x900px
sisters got wrecked for so long because Matt Ward thinks girls are icky. but ALWAYS beaten is untrue. when sisters first came out their fluff made them badasses. then the dark ages happened. read the James Swallow books Faith & Fire and Hammer & Anvil. both good book in my opinion and both giving sisters the love they deserve. then Gathering Storm happened and while ultimately it was a loss the sisters were definitely MVP alongside the Black Templars who also have been greatly ignored despite being a pretty awesome chapter.

remember kids the best chapters are the ones who wipe their ass with the codex.
>>
>>54753651
Yeah but Deldar covers both of those bases while also being pretty elves
>>
>>54749626
Ghazghkull "Zoggin' Great Green Jeebus" Thraka?

I mean, Kharn and his World Eaters showed up at Octarius following the Khornate daemons 'Blood Crusade' and got abandoned (along with all the other Khornate mortals there) by the daemons when they left via warp storm, leaving Kharn & friends trapped between Swarmlord & what was left of Hive Fleet Leviathan on one side and Ghazghkull & his cutting-edge tek Orks on the other.

At least we can now safely say that Kharn made it out of that mess (probably anyone who wasn't a World Eater got choppa'd/nommed to death).

He probably ran into and killed Swarmy though.

Because who HASN'T killed the nid's "super-general" at this point?
>>
>>54746294

Because someone in the imperium has to lose, and since they don't actually make sales unlike IG and SM, their job is to be the punching bag of the imperium.
>>
>>54754236
guard lose all the time. even in their own codexes there was fluff about IG regiments getting wrecked in that "unimportant extras being massacred before the big fight only to show how badass the hero is for winning later" kind of way where guard are the extras and some not guard is the hero
>>
My mom liked Sisters of Battle when I played as a teenager. She even bought some of the models. Since she was my only parent I guess she was also trying to take part in things I was interested in as well, but she did genuinely like the nuns with guns.

Thinking back it reminds me of when she and I went to Games Workshop to do the father/son battles. We had a good time.
>>
>>54754480
Your mom sounds based. Mine was never into my hobbies as a kid. My dad was, though. I only got into 40k after I moved out on my own. Dad thinks the models look cool and mom's just glad I'm not spending the money on drugs.
>>
>>54754513

My mom is great. Ironically, my father who I've talked to maybe three times would be very into historical wargaming and the like but I kind of hate him because he's a giant piece of shit. It makes me depressed in a way, but I'm glad I had/have my mom.

She has always encouraged me to do things that I enjoyed and helped me. Sometimes I wish we could still play Warhammer. She was also a fan of the card game Guillotine. She's swell.
>>
>>54746294
>and the only way(other than Tyranids) GW has of attracting female players
Eldars?
>>
>>54749443
>Imperial Guard has women, my dude
Fewer than 10% and the vast majority of those are away from the front lines.
It's more worthwhile to take 14 year old boys before women and the Imperium is nowhere near that desperate for manpower, it's equipment and interstellar transport they're lacking in.
>>
File: marmite.jpg (903KB, 1600x1169px) Image search: [Google]
marmite.jpg
903KB, 1600x1169px
Plastic sisters would be cool but I'm pretty sure that adding another nid-like xenos faction or making Nurgle and Tzeench's demons look a bit less militaristic would do more to pull in female players
I think that sisters mostly appeal to waifufags but alsogirls who'd probably still play or at least have some interest in Warhammer even if there were no female units. I'm not sure if I'm wording this right but 40K and the IoM factions in particular have very strong aesthetics. Just glance at the box art on any of the starter kits or a poster in a GW store and you'll think it's either the coolest thing ever or gay as fuck and if you like it and you like the idea of painting miniatures then you're going to get into 40K regardless of if there are minis that look like you or not. I'm not saying for a second that GW shouldn't make plastic sisters or make the other IoM factions more diverse but doing that won't lead to a flood of new buyers. If GW seriously wanted to get girls to buy their stuff then the best thing they could do would be to survey girls who like /tg/ stuff but don't play 40K to find out what they think is cool then make a faction like that. Also I guess they could introduce hygiene standards at their stores but that's more of a general way of getting people into the store rather than girls specifically
>>
>>54746431
I dated a girl who thought the Zerg were, and I quote, "So adorable! I want one as a pet!"
>>
>>54746294
Only Waifuists and male feminists play sisters
>>
>>54756303
I play them because the concept of nuns with guns is fucking amusing.
>>
>>54746885
>Moonspeak
Throne, can we get a translation of this foul xenos text?
>>
>>54750600
>>54751025
What extremes? GMs very rarely make a paladin stock to their guns past. "Woah woah, guys, the bandit said he was sorry. Let's take him to the nearest town prison instead of making him wear his entrails as an overcoat."
Yes that did happen, I was the "asshole" suggesting the intestinal overcoat to make the paladin actually be lawful fucking good.
>>
>>54751425
>Female player trying to collect a dead faction.

Well she better be in her 40s cause otherwise she probably hasn't seen a model letalone heard they have a codex.
>>
>>54757290
Dark Heresy
Then they went to buy models and 20 fucking years of negligence hit
>>
>>54757413
These are pretty fucking swell, at least. I plan on getting a few squads in the near future.

>>54753748
I'm putting together a BT/SoB army, and I relentlessly shit on my roomie for being a smurf player.

>>54754583
Congrats, dude. I wish either of my folks, shit, even my siblings had been into this kind of thing.
>>
File: bkmrWZ_wips.jpg (53KB, 900x422px) Image search: [Google]
bkmrWZ_wips.jpg
53KB, 900x422px
>>54757573
forgot my pic
>>
>>54746614
>trying to ask about tyranids that act human.

Swarmlord acts human, though.

Also he's a cunt.
>>
>>54753271

I figured it was obvious that SoB players touch their models at night
Anyway, women seem to like Xenos then? Deldar/Nids/Orks?
>>
File: 1501202079140.jpg (51KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501202079140.jpg
51KB, 850x400px
>>54750182
>men and women are equal
Ok shit head. Answer these two questions
1: if men and women are equal why are sports segregated.
2: if men and women are equal and men get paid more for the same job. Why dont companys just hire women to save on wages.
Men have always been the fighters of society.
>>
File: NECROCYBORG-FEMALE-SET-1-C.jpg (236KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
NECROCYBORG-FEMALE-SET-1-C.jpg
236KB, 800x800px
Since I saw a couple mentions of female Necrons figured I'd toss out that wargame exclusive ( https://wargameexclusive.com/ ) has conversion kits and static models for lots of female conversions, Necrons included.

The proportions are bodaciously ridiculous, but the option is there, and some of them have cool designs. FYI, they do advertise their "pinup" models in a rotating banner on the front page that are topless, so potentially NSFW, I guess.

>robot nipples
>demunitnames
>>
>>54757737
>and men get paid more for the same job.
Are you an idiot? You don't actually know that the wage gap doesn't work that way?

Summerfags are terrible. They can't even derail a thread without proving their idiots.
>>
>>54757644
>Also he's a cunt.
You'd be a bit of a cunt too if you kept losing to everyone including (potentially) random Ork boyz on Octarius.
>>
File: Pokémon.full.1615144 (1).jpg (542KB, 700x1004px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.1615144 (1).jpg
542KB, 700x1004px
Why is it so weird to you guys that girls fantasize about having a troupe of powerful critters at their command?
>>
>>54757915
>Metal skeletits

My boner is so confused
>>
File: 40k is ugly.png (54KB, 1895x266px) Image search: [Google]
40k is ugly.png
54KB, 1895x266px
>>54746733
>>
>>54746294
The only factions allowed to win battles are SM, Eldar and Tau. Everyone else are npc races.
>>
>>54746812
I think it's the same problem they had with Bretonnia towards the end, personally. They couldn't figure out what the fuck to do with them, and just kept spinning their wheels in the 'grimdark medieval' theme. But at least SoB are still alive, and still getting occasionally mentioned, and even if a lot of the Imperium has faith-related stuff, they aren't able to go as 110% as the Sisters can.
>>
As a standalone army Sisters don't make sense in-universe or out of it.

>they're weaker, worse trained and less equipped then Marines, are barely above Guard but have nowhere near the numbers of the Guard
>have zero flexibility in their army structure; consisting almost entirely of infantry with a token APC and some artillery. No effective way to deal with bombers, no effective way to deal with tanks and enemy artillery

Sisters work okay on the tabletop because jets moving at mach 3 and tanks are always still within range of handheld weapons for some reason, but as far as fluff and realism they don't have any way of prosecuting full-scale war against any target tougher then cultists or civilian insurrections.
>>
>>54749157

Every reason listed thus far is bullshit for the most part.

Women like Tyranids for the same reason they like Daemons (allegedly women like daemons, according to Lizz, the only woman (female) iirc to ever win a GT. They like the colors. Wen like the artistic aspect of the hobby and daemons and Tyranids are all about bright and garish tye-dye smorgishboards. Tyranids especially, you can paint them basically any color you want in any combination and it fits.
>>
>>54760501
>for some reason
I'll take "future weapons are badass and this is a future setting, how are you even confused about this?" for 500 Alex
>>
>>54760542
I would imagine they would like the Eldar the as well.
>>
>>54760501
They at least get a contribution of flyers thanks to Forgeworld, but you have a point in their lack of flexibility. But I really think they can handle more than just cultists or rebellious groups - they have fucking power armor and bolters, they should be able to easily handle Orks and even Tau. Fluffwise they're usually set up as being supplementary to other forces, but if they actually got enough Sisters in one place, there's a lot you can do with footsloggers with enough guns.
>>
>>54746509
Those helmets look like upside down underpants and I can't see them any other way. Fuck.
>>
>faction that has received nothing new in 15 years has less variety than armies getting stuff new stuff regularly

Who could have expected this.
>>
>>54760878
>they should be able to easily handle Orks and even Tau

How?

>no way to gain air superiority
>no way to get into attack range of fast moving targets like skimmers, jetbikes and hover-tanks
>no way to destroy enemy armor without getting close to it first

The problem with "the holy trinity of bolter melta flamer" being the core of your military doctrine is that your force projection ends at about a thousand meters.

It always made more sense to me that Sisters exist as an auxiliary force, pretty much never fighting autonomously except to beat down insurrections or in defense. Otherwise they fight in tandem with the Guard or Marines.

It's not just them though. Grey Knights are similarly one-dimensional.
>>
File: 1492500827647.png (217KB, 602x490px) Image search: [Google]
1492500827647.png
217KB, 602x490px
>>54746294
They aren't Space Marines
>>
File: female tyranid players.jpg (224KB, 2048x598px) Image search: [Google]
female tyranid players.jpg
224KB, 2048x598px
>>54749883
>>54749907
You are not wrong, it seems.
>>
>>54757278
Yeah, you are the asshole there.

Mercy is as much a paladin trait as righteous zealotry. Moreso, actually, since paladins are mostly based on the romantic exploits of guys like Lancelot and Astolfo. Deus Vult style punish all enemies of god/evildoers are just very religious fighters.
>>
>>54759395
Scolipede doesn't look into it at all
>>
>>54753748
>sisters got wrecked for so long because Matt Ward thinks girls are icky
Except Mat Ward's 5e WD-dex for them was probably the last time they ever won anything depending on when in 2011 Hammer and Anvil came out. Unless I'm misremembering the 6e version and it did more than just add some artwork to a boring WD dex and turn it into a digi-dex.
>>
>>54761234
>Avenger
>Seraphims
>Exorcist

>army hasn't had a new unit since 3rd
>still works well
>this is 40k
>realism went out of the window like 20k years ago
>>
>>54759395
That team is hot garbage, only worthwhile thing is Garchomp
>>
>>54765678
>Tyranitar
>Garbage
u wot m8?
>>
>>54765748
>weak to 2/3 of the types
>slow as balls
Might as well just use 5 mons if you're considering it
>>
>>54762087
The PC wasn't any form of moral compass to the group. Least a deus vult type has reasons past "well he's worth xp".
>>
File: 1494985519648.jpg (68KB, 930x930px) Image search: [Google]
1494985519648.jpg
68KB, 930x930px
>>54747535
Jokes on you I wanna be the little girl
>>
>>54761234
They Grey Knights are different though because they're really only ever supposed to be fighting against daemons, and a little more broadly Chaos and occasionally related heresy. It would be like complaining the Deathwatch is one-dimensional because they're meant for fighting Xenos.

But both don't really apply to the Sisters, because they've never been set up as only being good against one or two things. They've lost against half the things they've been thrown up against, but their lore is full of fights against Tyranids, Necrons, Orks, all sorts of things. Sisters always struck me as a force of fanatical shock troops that were going to rush in and close with the enemy instead of trying to be on the defensive - their strength isn't at range, yes, but that doesn't matter if your doctrine is always going to be about getting close, and you'll make good use of what you have. Fighting alongside other factions is good, but it's not fair that they should require other factions to help them out.
>>
>>54749883
>I've seen allot of people put out some bullshit round about theories on why Tyranids are popular with women. All kinds of bullshit from trying to push identity, motherhood, politics, and using the color pink. But I think there is a very simple answer which is that many women have Rape fetish fantasies for insectile and tentacle monsters .
It's probably partially that.

I think a large factor is that their choices for armies are:

>dudes
>bigger dudes
>bigger dudes with spikes on them
>skinny dudes
>skinny dudes with spikes on them
>skeleton dudes
>green dudes
>blue dudes
>robed dudes
>dudes dressed as fetish nuns
>bug monsters
>>
>>54760878

They don't have the numbers or vehicle support of the Guard. The equipment or strength of the marines that they number closer to. They can't tangle with anything major, harassing peasants/cultists for suspected heresy is what they're best at
>>
>>54746418
Maynarkh dynasty has a phaerak, and them having orange lights instead of classic green tops of the snowflake cake. Checmate atheist.
>>
>>54749650
The actual kharn gave up everything he was to Khorne. His friendship with Argel Tal, his noble warrior countenance, his sanity. He is not the same as the Heresy Kharn. Ergo, Kharn killed Kharn. Not valid my friend.
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.