[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High lethality, random characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1263542158569.jpg (426KB, 903x976px) Image search: [Google]
1263542158569.jpg
426KB, 903x976px
Concept: a game in which players randomly select from a stack of a few dozen pregenned characters, who are cloned on a large space station filled with all sorts of hostile things. I think there's an anime with a similar concept, but I've never seen it.

Players can add characters, but they just go in the pool with the caveat that they can't be played by the player who built them (to avoid suicide minmaxing). The character pool is drawn from without replacement, so duplicates are possible and should be interesting for roleplay purposes.

The station itself is an alien reality show, and every few sessions makes one "season." Depending on the timing within the season and state of the humans, ie GM discretion, rewards can be more survival or cooperation based (radios, food, etc) or more combative (weapons).

Early challenges involve basic survival, learning how to meet up after respawning, and acquiring gear. Eventually the players should meet a group of aliens who've been going through the same shit, but I'll plan that out when we get there.

On a scale from faggotry to super-double-secret faggotry, how gay is this idea?
>>
It's basically just Paranoia with aliens. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
The only annoying part would be keeping track of which character knows what, but you could avoid that by adding a "memories from dead PCs are implanted into their replacements" plot device. Maybe you could justify that by saying that aliens don't like watching a lot of repetitive introductions and explanations.
>>
>>54745146
Is there going to be alien vore?
>>
>>54745229
This. I think Paranoia system may be good for this.

>>54745544
Asphixiation plus death by snu snu?
Double points to whoever finds the source
>>
DCC already does this. They have sell scratch off character sheets that you can get to have random characters in a jiffy.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.