[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The world needs good heroes, this much we know. When monsters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 1459032566121.jpg (94KB, 599x900px) Image search: [Google]
1459032566121.jpg
94KB, 599x900px
The world needs good heroes, this much we know. When monsters threaten the people, when things meant to be sealed away are released, when powerful artifacts fall into the wrong hands who but a hero, a great adventurer, can stand and right wrongs, be just in times of injustice, be the light when all is dark? What is the hero's life? To roam from place to place in search of pay or adventure, leaving ever larger piles of bodies in his wake, risking death and worse fates all the while? Needed, yes, but never home. His work is never over, his battle never ends and so often his tale ends tragically. Is that a life you'd subject someone to? Is that a life a good man would choose for himself?

The world needs good heroes, but I ask you, why would a good man ever become one?
>>
Free booze and pussy.
>>
File: dwarf6.gif (151KB, 490x594px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf6.gif
151KB, 490x594px
>>54744779
This duty has been given to me by a god - and with it, the power to help the helpless, to cleanse the disease and corruption, to fight the unholy and to bring rest to the dead. I am not about to question a god's decisions, or whine about roads I could have taken.
If I was not worthy of this power, he would not have chosen me. If I could not bear this burden, he would not have chosen me. And if I was not ready to die for the glory of god, he would not have chosen me.
God has given me power to do great things, and not to follow his will would be not only irresponsible, but evil. If I have the potential to do good, then I have the moral obligation to do as much as I possibly can.
Not choice. Obligation.
>>
Some men become heroes by chance- they begin their story simply by being in the right place at the right time, and this chance encounter is the spark that shall light their flame, for once the flame of heroism is lit, it often grows without end, and the hero shall find themselves part of something bigger, unable to stop.

Some men have heroism thrust upon them- they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and are thrown into something beyond them- they must fight, they must succeed, or they will die without ever understanding why.

Some men seek out heroism- these men cannot bear the life of an ordinary man- they crave danger, they lust for fame and glory, and in their pursuit of this goal they shall search out places were they can stand where others fall, to immortalise themselves through their deeds.
>>
File: crestfallen-warrior.jpg (32KB, 300x393px) Image search: [Google]
crestfallen-warrior.jpg
32KB, 300x393px
Is it the hero's lot, then, to be a victim of fate? A token on some cosmic playing board? Ironic the game where the protected are more powerful than the protector.
>>
>>54744779
No one wakes up one morning and decides to be a hero. Oftentimes, heroes are unaware that they are heroes until the right moment presents itself. But it will present itself. Someone will be in trouble right where they can see them, someone will be up to no good right where they can see it, something will need doing right where they can see it. And then the heroes will act. They'll save that person, they'll stop that person, they'll do what needs doing. They'll take responsibility and do what they think is right. Maybe they'll know all the dangers, consider all the risks. But chances are, they're not thinking about that all because in that moment, it's just something they've got to do. They don't try to be heroes. They only do what they feel like they have to. A good man will become a hero when he feels it's the only thing he can do.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.