[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dystopia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1462819467399.gif (607KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1462819467399.gif
607KB, 800x792px
Now that a brave new world it's going to arrive real soon, which are some of your personal touches on your cyberpunk/dystopian setting?
>>
File: !1424073325557.jpg (280KB, 900x1160px) Image search: [Google]
!1424073325557.jpg
280KB, 900x1160px
>>54737400
>Sapient programs running around doing whatever they feel like.
>European civil war between Muslims and natives
>Ring of Death around Earth after global war destroys most of the 800+ satellites we have in orbit and turns then into shred-o-matics against anything that gets launched into LEO
>>
The last star is death. All that is left is our losing fight against entropy, a fight you can only lose unless you find a way to break the laws of thermodynamics. The endless night has arrived. We only have our some of the reserves we have accumulated for trillions of years, yet it is not enough and we lost some of them along the way. Heat Death is coming.
>>
>>54737400
Brave New World already exists. It's a supers game. I have a hardcover copy sitting a meter away.

As for your question, personally, I like the idea that the world is now basically terraformed to humanity's specifications, so food is no issue, but the world still has problems despite hunger, thirst, and sanitation being eliminated, because people are tired of bread and circuses. A world that's apparently healthy but is the equivalent of a philosophical zombie. Earth is dead, but we live on in a fake utopia carved out of its corpse, a meaningful life still evading most of the population.

The other idea I liked is lifespan as currency. With the power of immortality and a world where food is no object, what else is there to bargain with?
>>
Living in the ruins of a Dyson sphere.
>>
>>54737400
>a brave new world it's going to arrive real soon
It doesn't even qualify for free shipping. Just save your money and get standard.

Or hell, just read it for free. It's not like huxley is getting royalties from it.
https://gutenberg.ca/ebooks/huxleya-bravenewworld/huxleya-bravenewworld-00-h.html
>>
>>54738848 I think that you two misinterpreted my post. I wasn't talking about the game. I meant to say it in a literal way.
>>54738848 that's some nice question, isn't it? I dare to say, zardoz-ish play?
>>
File: Izana_Shinatose.jpg (70KB, 350x565px) Image search: [Google]
Izana_Shinatose.jpg
70KB, 350x565px
Through genetic engineering, humans become split into two: A small minority of biologically immortal rulers, and the vast majority of sexless clones who unconditionally obey the former turning humanity into, essentially, a hive species. Everyone is happy with this arrangement because the latter are told to like it. Even when two of the former settle their arguments by throwing millions of lives into a meat grinder of total war, the latter is convinced the former love them with all of their heart and only want what's best for them.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.