[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Displacer Zoo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

Is there any real reason why displacer beasts need to all be based on felines? I'm working out this idea for a "displacer zoo" and I wanted to use other animals like rabbits, wolves, zebras and elephants. Help would be appreciated maybe some stating (want to use 5E) and pics would be grand too.
>>
File: bigfin squid.jpg (59KB, 634x1193px) Image search: [Google]
bigfin squid.jpg
59KB, 634x1193px
>>54737394
>displacer squid
hmm
>>
>>54737394
>open a "displacer zoo"
>don't even have to populate it because you can just tell all the guests, "Oh, they must be hiding right now."
>>
>>54737394
It's because they're based on Coeurls, which were feline.
>>
File: Blink_dog.jpg (62KB, 400x442px) Image search: [Google]
Blink_dog.jpg
62KB, 400x442px
Displacer beasts need to be feline because their arch-enemies are blink dogs, which are canine. Its a magical cat vs magical dog story.
>>
>>54737394
Maybe instead of "displacing" everything you can go with various other abilities?

Blink dogs are displacer beasts natural enemy, and can teleport short distances.
Maybe have some quantum rabbits that exist in multiple places at once until interacting with them forces only one to be real, and your math is good enough you can predict which one?
>>
File: 2009-03-19-1025-ailuradisplacia.jpg (57KB, 808x250px) Image search: [Google]
2009-03-19-1025-ailuradisplacia.jpg
57KB, 808x250px
>>
I don't think I've ever been able to picture in my mind what the displacement looks like. Is it still there but projecting a version of itself some distance away or is it "invisible" while the displaced version does the attacking?
>>
>>54738956
It's invisible while an illusion of it claws the air two feet to your left (or right, up down, back or overlapping you) and causing real damage while you try to figure out how you're getting mauled by an animal that's still "over there"
>>
>>54737970
I sense inspiration from slime rancher, goddamn phase lemons
>>
>>54737394
>Is there any real reason why displacer beasts need to all be based on felines?

None really. As others have said the beast is based on A.E. van Vogt's Coeurl that appeared first in the Black Destroyer and later in Voyage of the Space Beagle.

>>54739074
Less clawing and more tentacle slapping.

The pre-3.X versions did their damage with tentacles (2d4/2d4). The claws (1d3) and bite (1d8) in 2e were fairly pitiful.
>>
>>54737858
Other way around, and see >>54737745
>>
>mfw my DM has been hinting that we're going to have to fight an undead displacer soon
>>
>>54737534
This shit right here's why you'll never convince me to go diving. I don't care that you can only find those in the darkest depths. Fuck the ocean.
>>
>>54737394
Tfw my dm gave me a displacer beast as my ranger companion
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.