[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assassin's Guild

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Morag Tong.jpg (795KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
Morag Tong.jpg
795KB, 600x840px
/tg/, I need to make an assassins' guild for a bronze age(ish) fantasy setting with a lot of heavy religious themes and demon-worshipping cultists/witches. Any tips/guidelines?

Do you guys prefer religious (a la Faceless Men/Hashashin/Dark Brotherhood) or non-religious assassins guilds?

Also, relevant art would be appreciated.
>>
>>54732911
Given what you've told us about the setting, a cult dedicated to a god of death makes sense. Offering the souls of the slain to their dark master, seeking visions of the future in the bloodstains, etc.
>>
>>54732951
well my concern is that I dont necessarily want the players to have to convert to join the assassin's guild. maybe i should have multiple rival guilds?
>>
Why not go for a more gang like aesthetic if you want rival theives guilds? It doesn't have to be very obvious looking guild members they could just look like gruff commoners with a different color of paint.
>>
>>54732911
I would prefer to create sects of wildmen following animal totems which practice The Hunt of Men. Social pariahs, jungle hermits, mad warriors, all dedicated to not be people but predators. They accept any good challenge but have no honor code for that is a human thing. Although not leaving any written records, they pass on their history of how they developed directly from the great hunters of primitive, pre-metal mankind.

http://europabarbarorum.wikia.com/wiki/Woithiz_W%C4%81th%C4%81_(Germanic_Naked_Fanatic_Spearmen)

http://europabarbarorum.wikia.com/wiki/Worg%C5%8Dzez_(Wild_Mercenary_Infantry)

http://alkman1.blogspot.com.br/2007/06/berserks-history-of-indo-european-mad.html

http://www.liberiapastandpresent.org/RitualKillingsIndex.htm
>>
>>54732911
You just posted art of one of the neatest assassin's guilds around, anon. The Morag Tong are great.
>>
>>54732911
The name of the assassin's guild is actually a forgotten incantation (or rather two). Speaking the first half of the name sends a message back in time to the listeners of the guild, who then arrange for assassins to appear weeks later in that location if doing so is deemed necessary. The second half of the name acts as a beacon for scrying: those who speak the words invite the attention of the guild's watching eyes.

Many have hidden themselves behind seeming impenetrable defenses, only to killed seconds after learning and speaking the name of their would-be attackers. Guild members need not be adept at sneaking into defensible positions when the can arrange themselves to have been there all along.
>>
>>54735212
this is a really interesting concept, but it sounds like the makings of a culture/tribe more than an assassin's guild

>>54735318
yeah but id like to do more than a ripoff of Morrowind
>>
File: 1394213783375.jpg (340KB, 873x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1394213783375.jpg
340KB, 873x1200px
>>54737207
>this is a really interesting concept, but it sounds like the makings of a culture/tribe more than an assassin's guild
I agree. This is more like my taste and all I had to contribute. Although one can have a tribe of assassins. To nitpick a bit, they would be more like an exceptionally long-lived and exotic warband than a tribe. There's something very much appealing to me in a primordial and secret tradition of wildmen.

Check the last link I provided though. The animal cults in there gave human body parts to witches for them to make fetishes. One could consider it a form of necromancy, and perhaps connect with demons through offerings of the souls of the dead. They don't have to be religious about it though. It could be that kind of horrible pragmatism in which one seeks power no matter the source.

Oh, the cult could also think they're doing a good thing:
https://pastebin.com/5VLdcYzg
>Aztec Mythology info taken from a /tg/ thread
>In the darkness, monsters will descend from the stars and devour what walks the Earth. We dont know what, or if, the world that follows will be like.
>Aztec rituals are designed to buy us more time before this happens, usually by feeding the sun god, or generally check up on the health of the world.

Finally:
https://warosu.org/tg/thread/30685000
>Witches are to african mythology what dragons are to western mythology.
>The scariest part about witches, though, is that they can be bought. They'll gladly fuck over anybody they're paid to, so you don't even have to make them mad at you personally.
>>
>>54738519
thank you, this is actually really interesting
>>
I dont like the cult of assasins trope because it is often done in such an edgy way. The benefits of a religious overtone in a murderous cabal are loyal followers who are ready to die for the cause and a network based around the religious ideals. So instead of the cult worshiping an obscure god of 'edgyness' you could make them practise a very syncretic form of mystery religion (like the faceless men, altough the mystery there is still just edge, and very much like the hashassin). Make them have support and popularity enough to be believable as something actual people would kill to be a part of.
>>
>>54732992
The assassins guild carves out their victim's face and the top of their spine.
The face is given to their patron, as proof of completion.

The spine is given to inner-circle members of the guild clerics who take it into a back room.
>>
File: Rogue.png (291KB, 800x935px) Image search: [Google]
Rogue.png
291KB, 800x935px
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.