[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Traps (not that kind)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 81MQebnaKCL.jpg (268KB, 773x1000px) Image search: [Google]
81MQebnaKCL.jpg
268KB, 773x1000px
what's the most ridiculous trap you've managed to pull off in a dungeon?

also: favorite Grimtooth trap?
>>
File: trickster_god.png (463KB, 796x579px) Image search: [Google]
trickster_god.png
463KB, 796x579px
I have this one saved on my computer from a long while ago

I don't remember the exact details of how it works, but just looking at this makes me wonder what kind of insane person would devise this kind of thing

definitely finding a way to put it in my next dungeon crawl
>>
My best ever trap that freaked players out was this.

A large box, there is a wooden stick holding it up and a thick rope tied around it. The rope trails to the door that you just came through.
On the box is written in duergar is written dwarf trap. Under the box appares to be a small barrel of ale.
>>
File: 2016-05-25_07h39_38.png (415KB, 978x436px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-25_07h39_38.png
415KB, 978x436px
I like the concept of this one because of how it messes with players

>fighter: I lead the way through the hall
>dm: alright, well your passive perception isn't enough to notice the pressure plate in front of you until you hear the click of it under your foot
>fighter: aw shit
>dm: everyone watches as the fighter gets flung up into the air by a springboard under the pressure plate, you take X damage
>wizard: sucks to suck, that's why we leave the fighter in the front
>dm: wizard, your superior elven hearing picks up another loud "click" as the fighter's head slams into the ceiling, followed by the sound of swinging hinges and a sudden movement behind you, make a dex save
>wizard: fuck
>dm: a panel from the ceiling behind you swings down and slams into your back, you feel spikes ripping through your robes and you take X damage
>cleric: come on guys, you're gonna make me waste all my healing spells!
>dm: cleric, you barely have time to react after the panel swings down, because out of the new found gap in the ceiling tiles, a gigantic lead ball rolls out and is set to land right on you, make a save
>>
>>54731989
>favorite Grimtooth trap?

The razor wire in the rope is always a classic.
>>
File: 1471363817553.jpg (38KB, 802x523px)
1471363817553.jpg
38KB, 802x523px
>>54732062
what the fuck am I looking at, anon?
>>
>>54731989
I was a player for it, and it turned into a running meme at our table

>Little footlocker at the end of a bunk.
>Somehow when opened shot out a spear to our incautious thief.
>A spear which would be about 2 feet longer than the longest dimension of said chest.
>When challenged on it, our ref said in exasperation that it was a "compressed spear".
>Later, other uses of "compressed spears" would pop up, and they became a favorite hideable weapon for our group.
>>
>>54732605
this actually sounds like a pretty rad magic item
>compressed spear
>takes the form of a short rod with a spear point on one end
>with a command word or a button, it instantly grows 5 feet
>if the spear is being held or the blunt end is resting on a surface, it flies in the direction the head is pointing, acting as if it had been thrown
>>
>>54732546
I, too, enjoy traps that mess with the player's concept of "The one in front gets blasted by all the traps"

I've got traps that trigger things being fired from behind, traps that specifically target behind the trigger-er, traps with a delay, and ones that trigger only after the floorplate has been clicked more than once.

Sometimes it feels like players think they're the first and only ones to think of long sticks and "Toughest in front"
>>
>>54731989
A lever that said "PULL ME FOR BONUS XP"
pulling it gated in a balor
>>
>>54732598
had to look it up, but I finally found it

>pressure plate at the entrance of the room sets off the top set of arrow traps
>after that, the 15000 weight drops, crushing the chest, and triggering a second pressure plate
>second volley of arrows fires from the bottom row
>simultaneously, raspberry jam starts shooting absolutely everywhere
>after that, flames shoot out of the same wall
>the flames melt the wax wall, revealing 200 killer wasps that are attracted to the jam
>>
File: mj-laughing.gif (6MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mj-laughing.gif
6MB, 320x240px
>>54732062
>random barrel of "jam" on the bottom left
>>
>>54731989
I haven't pulled it off, but I'd love to have a dungeon where all the doorknobs are skeletal hands. Until eventually, one of them is actually a wight glory hole and trying to open it gets you drained.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.