[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: Naval-battle-2.jpg (166KB, 1026x749px) Image search: [Google]
Naval-battle-2.jpg
166KB, 1026x749px
Post system ideas, can be RPG, board game, anything /tg/ really. Here's one for a strategy board game I wrote some rules for a while back, though I lost most of them so I can only give a summary

>Setting: 16th century Asia
>Working Title: Wokou
>For those who don't know the Wokou were Japanese pirates who raided the coasts of China, Korea and Japan from the 14th to 16th centuries
>Each player is a different pirate lord among the Wokou
>On their turn a player raids various trade routes stretching from Hokkaido to Ceylon
>I also had mechanics for tech research but I forgot how it works
>Players move their fleets around and try to out compete their rivals

If I ever finished the game I'd like to include the ability to play as China or Korea, and have changes in the situation in warring states Japan as time progresses to add some asymmetry.
>>
File: boltaction.jpg (57KB, 700x406px) Image search: [Google]
boltaction.jpg
57KB, 700x406px
>A tabletop wargame (40K, Bolt-action, etc.)
>The whole idea is to make the wargame more realistic by simulating the unreliability of communication and command chain.
>Setting: originally WW2, but can be anything really.
>6-10 players
>2 teams
>each team has following: 1 commander, 1 messanger and 1-3 officers.
>Messanger never makes any decisions himself
>Officers cannot talk to each other, nor the commander.
>At the begining of the game, messanger draws a map of the battlefield. No photos allowed.
>Commander never sees a battlefield.
>Commander can only look at the hand-drawn map of the battlefield.
>Then, he selects the deployment zones for the officers and their troops. He also devides the army into battlegroups.
>Then, sends out initial orders to the officers.
>Officers deploy their groups within their deployments and try to follow their orders, received from the commander.
>Officers can only move/command their group, and do not affect the other officer's units.
>Then, actual game starts.

cont.
>>
>>54734332

>Officers can only move the units and execute all the combat actions, dice throws, etc.
>At the end of their turn, they relay the report to the commander.
>They MUST specify the mean via which they send it.
>They write down the report on the piece of paper and give it to messanger, who then gives it to caoomander (or not)
>Messanger, then makes a throw which affects the messages (both to and from commander.)
>Depending on the mean of communication (Radio, landline, courier) They have different chance of getting reaching their destination.
>Each method has their own advantages/disadvantages/specials
>I:E:
>radio can be easily jammed or the signal can be weak, but it can be repaired or boosted.
>The message can also be interrupted, which means that messanger must tear the piece of paper he carries the order on, and give only one half to the commander.
>Landline is fine, but it can be cut and takes long time to repair.
>Courier takes up to three turns to deliver the message and can be killed, preventing the message from being delivered.
>Flare is always visable, but troops that fire it get revealed and there is only certian meaning a flare can have.
>If there are no orders, the officer can only hold position and return fire, but cannot move his troops.
>He can however, use a "Initiative token", which allows him to perform an action or series of actions that do not follow the commanders orders.

>Other than all that, it plays like normal tabletop wargame.

Any idea why this would fail horribly or why it might actually work?
>>
I've been working on 2 different wargame rulesets.

First is a skirmish game set in an apocalyptic earth after demons invade. Core mechanics are action point based alternating activation and opposed dice rolls which inflict multiple hits depending on the difference of the rolls. The forces are power armored Templars, demons, cultists and warlords taking advantage of the chaos, and radicals using the demons power against them

Second one is a platoon fantasy game set in an ancient/classical era themed setting. The focus is small groups of 4-8 models that can combine attacks to take on bigger targets. Resolution is an opposed roll dice pool mechanic.
>>
>>54734349
>>54734332

This is fucking awesome and absolutely could be done with Flames of War
>>
>>54731802
I kinda want to make a game like pandemic, but xcom themed. Instead of diseases the players work together to stop an alien invasions.
>>
>>54734332
>>54734349
That does sound fun, but it would be hard to make sure it's fun for all players.
>>
File: xc01_layout.png (227KB, 421x290px) Image search: [Google]
xc01_layout.png
227KB, 421x290px
>>54735548
Already been done mate. It's not very good and could be outdone pretty easily though
>>
>>54734332
>>54734349
I feel like Officer's should be isolated some how. That way there is more of a question about how things are playing out on a larger scale. Ie, are things bad everywhere or just here?

Maybe have units in reserve, so the commander and officers have to make hard decisions about who gets what.
>>
>>54731802
>Setting: Mash up of all Japanese eras before the katana in a fantasy setting
>Title: Kimyou na Jidai
>Classes are done through skill trees
> Advance morality mechanics based on the 4 Pillars of Moral character
>Spiritual Purity mechanics
>Large focus on court politics as well as combat
>I want a flashy combat system but idk if that will work
>>
File: wylz_gutierrez_0012[4].jpg (1MB, 1190x841px) Image search: [Google]
wylz_gutierrez_0012[4].jpg
1MB, 1190x841px
>>54731802
I would play that. Do you know the ming military blog?
http://greatmingmilitary.blogspot.com.br/search?q=wokou

And the blog of the phillipino fa/tg/uy making a rpg themed on his region? I found out about lantakas and brass armor from him. They were also pirates.
http://hariragat.blogspot.com.br/2015/05/hunting-on-high-seas.html

I would also enable the chinese navy as a faction with the biggest and slowest ships, based off their treasure fleets. Their task would be to protect trade routes.

Finally, the europeans were around at the time.

So you could have several factions with different aesthetics and mechanics.
>>
File: 1ce9a7864a1d0a3267096e5c.jpg (49KB, 550x586px) Image search: [Google]
1ce9a7864a1d0a3267096e5c.jpg
49KB, 550x586px
I had a really rough idea for a Mafia themed game set in New York

Players have a full sized deck of cards with one suit for each player with the exception that there's only one king, two queens, and three jacks. Each turn, they draw a hand of five cards.

Every turn, players place their cards throughout their territory, can pass a card of theirs to another player to plant in their territory, or plant their card in another player's territory as an attack. No matter what, cards must be played.

The point of the game is to kill the the Don, the King, of the other players. The Queen, Jack, and Ace all represent special individuals in the organization which allow the player to conduct actions such as recruitment to draw from the discard pile, to move your cards around, or set up traps which destroy cards played there later.

The point of moving your cards to other players is to mask your own movements to lead another player into an ambush while hoping they don't sell you out and place your cards in a position where you end up losing. The idea being similar to the end of the Godfather where Tessio attempts to betray Michael.
>>
risk-type territory conquest game. Only the larger your empire is, the more dysfunctional your domestic politics become

another decent one was a morale system affecting production to balance force asymmetry. Invading player suffers war weariness bogging production timeline while invaded player gains short term production bonus due to nationalism. The invader either has to keep making solid victories to offset morale loss or the defender's production will outpace and push them back. However, the nationalism bonus isn't constant and becomes progressively weaker if the player is forced to use it again
>>
>>54731802
Inter-War themed Card Game
>Kind of hybrid aesthetically between Real life/Valkyria Chronicles

>Play Cards like the old Duelmatsers game but mana is generated by using cards to guard supply, asymmetry between strong cards generating more supply vs on the field.
>Health and Valor, so cards can come back if not destroyed with overwhelming force
>Focus on smaller decks
>Modified by individuals, stratagems and tactics cards.
>Smaller numbers for card stats, so cards can combined and attack for greater power.
>Limited number of special rules
>>
File: MORP.pdf (22KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
MORP.pdf
22KB, 1x1px
>>
>>54734332
>>54734349
There are some games that try to simulate this already, though I don't think any of them go as far as placing the commander in a separate room from the other players.

I would, however, suggest implementing some form of mechanic to stop sawy players from disregarding their orders and doing what they know is the better play regardless, such as having them only be able to perform moves that their commander gives them, though the commander has no actual say in how those moves are used or if they're saved for a later turn or not. Possibly also, have the commander only be able to send messages to one player every turn, though he can obviously hand out moves to everyone. This way he also has to prioritize who needs the most clarification every turn and whose moves should be self-explanatory (in his mind at least).
>>
Story of Stuff - You narrate a story from the perspective of an inanimate object.
The sensory deprivation of a loaded bullet in the chamber and the gentle rocking of heavy footsteps. The sensation of fiery gas and expulsion into blinding light and numbing sounds.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.