[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an idea.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: adf.jpg (79KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
adf.jpg
79KB, 500x461px
So, everyone can probably agree that power creep fucked over the Yu-Gi-Oh meta, aye? You can't use the old sets against newer ones without cherry picking the OP cards.
What if i told you that i've had a stupid idea on how to fix this...by adding another gimmicky meta to the existing one?

Hear me out.
First of all, you get a new zone to the field.
Stage Zone, onto which monster cards can be played into, placed between Spell/Trap zones and Monster Zone.
Any monster cards in the stage zone can attack any monster on the field unless blocked by card effects, or blocked from attacking a stage zone card by a monster zone card, but cannot attack the opponent's LP directly.
Cards on the stage zone can only be attacked if the attacking card has direct line of sight in either cardinal or diagonal direction without crossing another card.

And the second piece of meta - Event Spells, played on to a slot next to the
To cast an Event Spell, the player must first have a specific (amount of) monsters on the stage zone as written on the card.
Similar to fusions or XYZ, but without losing the monsters.
Event Spells last a number of turns during which their effects are activated as free actions.
For a mock up, the Event Spell Dark Magic Research requires three cards with 'Dark Magician' in the name. The Spell lasts six turns, during which the player can, say, search from their deck any spell or trap cards depicting anyone from the Dark Magician line, or any 'Dark Magic' cards, and any Dark-element Spellcaster cards get a boost to their attack or defence values.
Another mockup, the Event Spell 'Ganbare Goe-Goe' requires 'Goe-Goe the Gallant Ninja', 'Lady Ninja Yae', 'Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke' and 'Masked Ninja Ebisu'. lasts 8 turns and allows the player to search for any card depicting any character featured in the cards required, or maybe special summon possible Impact cards, and boost attack values of any card with Ninja in the name.

Thoughts?

>pic unrelated
>>
Quit being a dumb nigger faggot OP, Dark Magician has more fucking support than most archetypes can dream of
>>
>>54728106
Hey, it's just an example. Just the same, we could have Event Spells for Ojamas or Fluffals or Elemental Heroes, or, heck, even random archetypeless cards like Tenkabito Shien or Chain Trasher
>>
Bump. But i agree, Dark Magician is well supported to this day.
>>
Bump. Seriously, no one has any opinions?
>>
>>54732865
I said this in another thread, but if you want to improve Yugioh as far as /tg/ is concerned, then get /tg/ to start playing the game using YGOpro or another simulator, and develop game balance from the resulting discussion. Create the /tg/ YGO format, and develop it the same way MTG Commander was created.
>>
>>54732915
I should probably try that. Customize the engine to include my idea so hand-on testing is possible.

Overall, i'm just trying to figure out if this idea is an overall improvement.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.