[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help How would I have to make the map that the north

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Map ().jpg (234KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Map ().jpg
234KB, 1024x768px
I need help

How would I have to make the map that the north (black circle) remains uncivilized? Would a large forest be enough?
>>
>>54720330
It's a giant fucking glacier full of turbobears. Or you could just say a wizard did it.
>>
Haunted.
>>
>>54720330
Sharp cliffs on the seashore for starters- or something as impassible. If there is ever landable spot on a shore, a little hard work, some machetes, and an axe or two is all you need to start a colony.
>>
>>54720330
Temperate forests wouldn't work, as they'd inevitably be encroached upon and cut down for lumber and in order to make space for farmland.
It's too close for the sea for there to be a lack of precipitation, so steppes wouldn't work.
The most obvious option is to make that area taiga or perhaps even tundra.

My suggestion is that you look at what made Russia uninhabited prior to Kievan Rus and take notes.
>>
A really average Red Lobster
>>
>>54720330
The land continually shifts and warps, making long-term habitation untenable.
>>
>>54720330
Burning lands. Mini volcanos everywhere. Geysers all over. Spouts of flame due to gases igniting. fire elementals, dragons whatever you have to say.
>>
>>54720330
There was a thriving country/nation/tribe up there a few centuries ago, but then then the long dark happened and no one has been brave enough to settled those accursed lands.
>>
>>54720330
Forests work just fine. The Romans were so afraid of forests that they never cut down this huge one just dividing Italy in twain until after Christianity took over.
>>
Really bad mosquitoes and a local malaria equivalent, assuming there is no easy cure disease magic.
>>
>>54720330
>The new Inkarnate
I hate the new Mountains. They look more like desert mesas than the Alps.
>>
Moderately large hornets, also. Just enough to be really unpleasant.

And polite, but incredibly strong and condescending elves
>>
>>54720330
Big fuck-off old-growth forest full of elfs, ghosts, or ghost elves. Home to a bunch of tumbled ruins and probably at least three huge megadungeons. Charcoal cutters are occasionally found hollowed-out and filled with dead leaves on the forests' borders, and this is more than enough to deter all but the most desperate.

I'd especially include an easy path around the forest up the coast, as everyone is more likely to just take the nice coast road instead of Murderghost Forest. No point in trying to civilize it when you could just have a nice fish fry and a healthy walk.
>>
>>54720330
Make the local inhabitants niggers.
>>
>>54720420
It depends on global circulation patterns. The worlds driest desert is on the west coast of South America.

>>54720330
What latitude are you going for and can i assume the map is north oriented. Is the water warm or cold? What way are the currents moving? That is if you want a scientifically accurate map.

If this is Not!Europe then youcould always make it a cold peat bog.
>>
If the civilization to the south is seafaring then it is unrealistic unless they were prayed upon for slaves AND the land was unsuitable for agriculture.

If there are glacial seas and tundra this is a realistic method to prevent spread of civilzation to the north.

If the civilization to the south is not seafaring than a long harsh desert could prevent spread to the north.

Along spread of crops is affected greatly by dgerees of latitude so maybe this will help u.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.