[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Andean Abyss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: DSC_0533.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0533.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Please guys explain to ignorant russian scum how to understand this event in andean abyss. Who gain +5 res in here? I'll show you the map
>>
File: DSC_0534.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0534.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>54719342
Here is the map
>>
>>54719342
Okay so go to each mountain individually and see who has the most pieces and give them +5 res.

>>54719385
So,
>Cesar-La Guajira
Yellow
>Antioquia-Bolivar
Yellow
>Santander-[something]
Government
>Huila-Tolima
Government
>>
>>54719342
What is this?
>>
>>54722982
Andean abyss
>>
>>54719699
Does this part "Tied spaces to govt" mean this mountain spaces should be contacting with another spaces controlled by the govt? This was the sticking point
>>
>>54719699
Also another question: can i make the govt's "sweep" action in this order:
1.pick the cubes in a space
2.move them to the nearest loc
3. return them to the SAME space as they have been before
4. activate guerillas in this space

The rules does not forbid this order, but id does not noted in any way as possible. The logic and the background also allow this: govt troops can scout the space they are presented. What do, anon?

Sorry for bad english
>>
>>54719699
>>54719385
>>54719342
Looks like a tie, so Govt.
>>
>>54725550
Sorry I went to bed, no the card only ask who has the most pieces in the space.

>>54725675
Okay so this is actually a confusing rule, just remember you're picking spaces not troops. You pick space/s and then "adjacent" troops can move there.

So if you active one space then the troops inside that space have to stay there but you'll note that they can still help with the Sweep in that space. You just count how many are there after the movement so if you were already there then it's fine.

If you activated two spaces then I guess you could move to the LoC then back but I'm not sure why you would want to.

So to re-cap;
1. Active 1 or more space
2. Move troops adjacent to those spaces
3. Count the number of cubes in that space to active guerrillas

You can Sweep move nothing and it still works to activate guerrillas.

>>54725857
No, yellow gets +10 and Government gets +10. There is a payout for each individual space.
>>
>>54725550
Oh fuck I just woke up and mis-read this.

Tied means that if two factions had the same number of pieces in them (equal scores are called a "tie" in English) then the Government would take the +5 for that space.

Interestingly this would also be the case if the FARC, AUC or cartels were tied with each other and would win empty spaces as everyone would be tied at 0 pieces.

I think it represents that if no one is taking the coffe away then people are just selling it though legal means.
>>
>>54727171
Bump in case you miss the correction.
>>
>>54729189
Mate plz I need to know someone's not playing a game wrong somewhere in the world.
>>
>>54731266
Here is the OP, thanks, we were near to abandon this run because of 4AM and a cascade of homerules, but on second propaganda cartel unexpectedly won. This is an amazing game, we gonna replay it a lot
>>
>>54731266
This was the very first run, so this kind of misundertanding is okay, the game is very difficult and complex though
>>
>>54733921
They often cut down the wordcount on the cards as well so I can see non-native speakers struggling, I'm glad you enjoyed the game though.

Did you actually manage four people? Good job if so.

I hope you play again, now that you've nailed down how it all works every other playthrough will be much faster.
>>
>>54734616
Ah yeah four people wasnt such problem as terror of the unknown, so we delayed AA at least couple of years. But now we are so into it that we wait for reprint of Fire In The Lake, it promises to be even more complex
>>
>>54734616
The struggle of reading this tiny-fonted rulebook even bacame an ironic repeating dialogue like "you know, how about to play this game, god help me to recall its boxart, eh, with the guy standing in jungles with machinegun? What is its name?" -"Andean Abyss?" - "Nah thats the garbage for bookkepers, lets play some Seven Wonders instead"
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.