[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the only way to save YuGiOh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

File: 7t6auh4acxdz.png (702KB, 1000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
7t6auh4acxdz.png
702KB, 1000x1600px
>>
Nostalfags are cancer.
No you for u
>>
>>54716972
Its a fact that after a certain point all card games get shittier and shittier because they dont want to stop when they should
>>
>>54716972
>Turn based solitaire that lasts five turns is clearly what the game was conceived as
>>
>Not being excited about the fusion ritual counter trap cards coming in a future expansion that you have to spin around to attack with
It's like you don't like the game to be exciting
>>
File: trashcan.jpg (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
trashcan.jpg
8KB, 400x400px
>>
>>54716901
Save from what?
>>
>>54716901
It was cancer from the very start, why "save" it ?
>>
>>54718470
It was fun
>>
>>54716901
Game should have blue eyes being the best monster. When that wasn't the case it became trash. Also invalidates Kaiba's fetish.
>>
>>54719779
>When that wasn't the case it became trash
Blue-Eyes stopped being the best monster before the game was even released in English, dude.
>>
>>54719779
Blue Eyes Ultimate
>>
>>54717968
I'm hoping for dual sided extra deck mons that can only be summoned by literally fucking your opponent...

But seriously I've been working a card design based off poker face cards that have different stats if you play them up side down,
>>
>>54718057
Death isn't saving
>>
Unironically agree with OP, it's a shame this will never happen
>>
Early synchros weren't a problem, Yugioh went down hill though when archetypes took over
>>
>>54722355
It's the only way I'd start buying cards again
>>
>>54722818
Nah, Chaos Emperor Dragon truly was the Envoy of the End.
It's just that The End has lasted longer than the beginning at this point.
>>
>>54716901
>Implying Invasion of Chaos isn't when Yugioh, as a serious game, died.
Synchos were just another malignant tumor added to an already terminal cancer.
>>
>>54724143
What did Invasion of Chaos do that was so bad?
>>
>>54720634
NEO Blue-Eyes Ultimate
>>
>>54717109
>summon 1, set 1, pass! xD so exciting!
>>
>>54726891
I know right? Vomiting your entire deck is the only way people can have fun, and anything else should be removed.
>>
>>54727909
And which current deck does this?
>>
>>54728064
Zoos are recent and used to do this. For years the game has been Vomiters vs Floodgates. You either floodgate your opponent, or you try to vomit your deck, in some cases, you even do both.
>>
>>54728118
But that hasn't been true since Norden got banned.
>>
>>54728147
Tell me then a single recent deck that either doesn't vomit your deck, or floodgates your opponent.
>>
>>54724240
Chaos Emperor Dragon
>>
>>54728161
True Draco? Unless Master Peace is considered a floodgate. Post-Link Pendulum Magicians? Most tier 3 decks?
>>
>>54728183
I consider Master Peace a floodgate, since one of his main qualities is the ability to stop your opponent from playing his game.

>most tier 3 decks
Actually, most of them do. There is a reason why handtraps are a must in those decks, because if you are not vomiting your deck, you have to stop your opponent from vomiting his.
And then there are decks like Fluffals, who vomits their own deck, or Cardians that vomits their own deck, and have 2 boss monsters that tries to stop your opponent from playing.

There is no other way around it. Since there are decks that are basically too strong if you don't try to stop it, decks that aren't as fast has no chance without floodgates. If vomiting your deck wasn't a thing, Maxx C wouldn't be a tier 0 card.
>>
>>54728294
What about Pendulum Magician?
>>
>>54728064
world chalice?
>>
>>54728335
People actually play World chalice?
>>
>>54728318
I guess pendulum decks were their own thing. Instead of vomiting the deck, the would re-vomit themselves every turn. But are post-link pendulum magicians a thing? I haven't played since Zoos were a thing, but I can't see how pendulums magicians can even compete against Master Peace in post-link.
>>
>>54728294
>someone uses Maxx C then gets infinite combo'd until deck out
fucking beautiful
>>54728346
you say that like turn 1 firewall is a bad thing
>>
>>54728359
TURN
BASED
SOLITAIRE
>>
>>54728359
It kinda is. The deck isn't doing anything in OCG and probably won't do anything in the TCG.

>>54728353
Magicians are still playable. Oafdragon helps you put Magicians from your Extra into your hand and Time Pendulumgraph lets you destroy shit. The deck was just slowed down a bit.
>>
>>54728371
are you one of those mondo autists that are infinitely butthurt about your deck being shut down by link?
>>
>>54728384
It's still missing 5 of the world legacy monsters and whatever else that's planned, I'm gonna wait on those to see what happens to it.
>>
>>54728403
Which monsters is it missing?
>>
>>54728412
If you read Chosen by the World Chalice's description it says there are 7 world legacies.
World Chalice and World Armour are the only ones revealed so far.
>>
I just want a TCG version of Holactie to complete my thematic Egyptian Gods deck.
>>
>>54730940
Should have an Exodia win condition
>>
>>54731113
wat
>>
>>54717083
Any game designed by continuously bolting on new gimmicks is going to go to shit over time
>>
>>54716901
Just play fucking Duel Links if you want a shitty, watered-down "classic" version of the game.
>>
File: YGOPro-slide2.jpg (228KB, 1019x639px) Image search: [Google]
YGOPro-slide2.jpg
228KB, 1019x639px
>>54716901
No, the only way to save the game is to get a regular thread on /tg/ started, using YGOpro and other free YGO simulators and apps to have fa/tg/uys duel each other and discuss the game more consistently.

Then you have an OP willing to compile all the opinions and discourse, gather resources for a thread pastebin, and eventually develop from that the official /tg/ Yu-Gi-Oh! banlist/format.

Eventually this will result in awesome Shit like a dedicated server, weekend tournaments, and balance insofar as balance can be achieved.

In short, give /tg/ the resources and motivation to fix the game, and Shit can get done in a matter of months.
>>
Honestly I would prefer a format paradigm where each booster series (or two or three) was its own independant format. That way synchro, xyz, etc, all have their own format to exist within.
>>
>>54732366
>trying to arg
nice joke there
>>
>>54732366
I would kind of be interested in this, though I play games fairly casually. If /tg/ had a yugioh discord or something I'd pop in and play some janky themed garbage from time to time.
>>
>>54733411
>discord
the worst idea
>>
>>54733433
>my comment is retarded and adds nothing to the thread one way or another

the worst idea was when your mother dropped the coat hanger.
>>
>>54733411
>>54733433
This guy here: >>54732366

Agreed, Discord is a terrible idea. It replaces a thread, and causes even more contention, meaning that not only do you kill the board presence of the project, denying new members, but you also kill the community already involved with it.

Discord should only be used to exchange usernames to coordinate specific events on a serverless, peer to peer basis.
>>
>>54733433
hey take a look at >>54733475
this is how you voice disagreement in a way that actually adds something to the conversation.
>>
File: genius wat 2.png (204KB, 509x380px) Image search: [Google]
genius wat 2.png
204KB, 509x380px
>>54732366
>draw 1 card
>you would have drawn it if that card wasn't in your deck in the first place
>so the only thing that card does is gift 1000 to your opponent for literally nothing
>yet /tg/ will say it's OP as fuck just because you draw
>same with jar of greed
>>
>>54733591
effective deck thinning, activating a spell card, and then that card going to the graveyard are all potent tools in yugioh.

if i have 3 copies in a minimum 40 card deck, i effectively have a 37 card deck. 2.7% chance of drawing a given card instead of the 2.5% of a basic 40 card list.
>>
>>54733591
It goes with the whole /tg/ doesn't play games meme. Half the people are just agreeing or repeating with what the first guy says without playing the game themselves.

Which is why I'm advocating a dedicated /tg/ virtual YGO thread with links to simulators. Get /tg/ playing the game, and not only will you get more accurate discussion about the game, you'll also get a playerbase, fun matches, and maybe even a couple of stories from good/bad matches.
>>
>>54733697
Both pot of greed and upstart goblin are good cards though
>>
>>54733867
Yes, but how good is it in practice, not statistically?
>>
>>54733986
>>54733867
Honestly, every time I used them in any deck it felt like a wasted turn/draw.

People always make the mistake of basing everything on simple math. It happens with warhammer too. Morons.
>>
>>54734006
So you're bad at card games, got it. I'm sure you think Ancestral Recall is a wasted draw too.
>>
>>54734014
>Ancestral Recall
That's not even the fucking same thing, you draw 3 damn cards, not 1.
>>
>>54733986
>>54734006
Pot of greed if it were legal would be a must have in almost every deck
Upstart is more situational wheter or not it's good depends on if 1000 lp is trivial enough to your deck that the consistency is worth it, basically don't play upstart in stun
>>
>>54734080
>Pot of greed
We are talking about "Jar" of greed, not "Pot". The trap that makes you draw 1 card. Yes, that useless card.
>>
>>54734095
Jar used to see play in both chain burn and beat to fuel chainstrike and accumulated fortune, that being, jar isn't good though because it's slow, if it was a spell it would definitely see more use
>>
>>54734095
useless because its a trap
Upstart lets you play it right then and there without waiting
>>
File: jersey.jpg (34KB, 752x701px) Image search: [Google]
jersey.jpg
34KB, 752x701px
>>54734177
Instead of putting that shit in your deck use the card slot for an actual useful thing.

Another mirror force. Another MST. Another SoRL. Anything that will be useful no matter the situation.

Not a fucking card that takes a slot of your deck and does nothing.
>>
>>54734225
MST, mirror force, and SoRL aren't even good anymore that and Goblin upstart is limited for a reason
>>
>>54734270
*Upstart goblin
>>
>>54733475
Just look at /dng/. It went to shit because all the tripfags left. As much they're hated, they made the thread active and had some of the best players.
>>
>>54732366
>No, the only way to save the game is to get a regular thread on /tg/ started, using YGOpro and other free YGO simulators and apps to have fa/tg/uys duel each other and discuss the game more consistently.
but YGOpro is dead anon
>>
>>54734946
Just use TDOANE. If you don't want malware, just use ChinkPro or DuelingBook.
>>
>>54735014
after doing some research which would be better among the existing YGOpro clones, TDOANE or YGO Salvation?
>>
>not running 3 Pot of Cupidity in a 45 card deck
>>
>>54734225
The deck minimum is 40 cards. The purpose of those cards is to lower this minimum even more, effectively making your deck 39 or 37 cards, to increase the likelihood of drawing the cards you want.
>>
Here guys, so we can discuss the game
https://discord.gg/UtR545T
>>
>>54737366
>invalid or expired
>>
>>54734225
Are any of those better than another card already in your thread? If so, why aren't they already in your deck, if not, why would I want to draw them instead of something better?
>>
FIRST FOR OJAMAS
>>
>>54734225
>thinning your deck is doing nothing
okay buddy, enjoy your hand of 4 spells and a single monster while I get out my entire play against your empty board
>>
>>54741047
What are some good deck profiles with low atk monsters?
>>
>>54742275
crawlers?
>>
>>54722296
Do you know Euthanasia, our lord and savior ?
Also D&d 4e is resting is that trash can, so their isn't place right know for yugioh
Try this
>>
>>54741630
Your entire play is 6 cards? What happens if, I don't know, maybe shut those down? Do I win because your deck is so shit that it can only rely in one unique combo?
>>
>>54743847
Yeah, that's how most combo decks work in yugioh. Which is way they don't see much competitive play.
>>
>>54744089
Are you telling me that /tg/ is, once again, talking bullshit about a game they don't even play competitively? Oh my god.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.