[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding True Name

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: h9FOkG5.jpg (214KB, 1280x593px) Image search: [Google]
h9FOkG5.jpg
214KB, 1280x593px
I am playing DnD in a custom campaign. Class: Wizard- Necromancer.
In order to become a Deity, you have to find your true name, not the one you have been given, but the one that describes your true self.
In order to learn it, you have to make a special procedure.
Recommend me some ways to do that. I have run out of ideas. Perhaps a ritual, anything really that can help me out/give me some inspiration. (Preferably ways that are not combat-based.)
Thanks for anyone who responds.
>>
>>54715236
An idea could be a type of very complicated divination ritual that takes at least a couple of days. It should have some rare bones for you to read, maybe the blood of a fiend or celestial. A dragon heart or something.
I think it depends on what kind of deity you want to become.
If you can tell us that, maybe I can come up with something a little better for you - maybe even a good description of the procedure if you'd like.
>>
You must be careful, any upstart spellcaster may be monitored by a number of agents hoping to gain some leverage once they gain a modicum of power. However you decided to discover your true name, be careful that no one else learn it as well and posses power over you.
>>
>>54715480
I know that! I just have no inspiration on how to do it!

>>54715387
Based on my rp, either of Love or Knowledge. Not sure yet.
>>
>>54715236

One bone from every creature
>>
>>54715236
I'm fairly sure 3.5 shat out 3 ways to get a hold on true names, one in a splatbook, many a part of Prestige classes such as Truenamer, Nar Demonbinder, and one in the Dragon Magazine which featured the True Name of fucking Orcus of all things.

As for finding your own True name?

Find Mephistopheles's Ancient baatorian Wife, she knows your truename.

Please note, She actually changes it when you ask her, effectively changing your nature by accident, and she's not aware of this, thinking she knows a person's truename when in fact she puts it through a randomizer.
>>
>>54715546
Then I think divination could be good yeah.

Maybe gather up a bunch of nothics and either slay them in a ritual or use parts of them for the ritual.
Get a hag eye, one of those enchanted eyes that hag covens make (MM p177)
Bones from a lich maybe.
Maybe the guts of a sphinx or something like that - maybe a bit of celestial whatever. Spunk? Celestial spunk.

First get a bowl made of some rare metal coat it with the celestial spunk, and toss the bones with the hagseye (that you yourself should have made) and the nothic parts in the bowl while chanting some stuff.

Now complete the skill challenges your DM decides you should do, and then read the bones.
>>
File: 1493395884422.jpg (170KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1493395884422.jpg
170KB, 1024x768px
>>54715546
Perhaps steal from Psychonaughts and figure out a way to create a pocket dimension that is composed of your own psyche.
Basically it would be a psychic dungeon where the treasure is discovering your True Self after battling your inner demons and solving your issues in the forms of puzzles.
In the deepest vault of your subconscious their is a scroll possessing your True Name, but first you must battle a Shadow version of yourself. If you lose, it will take over your mind and take your True Name for itself.
>>
File: 1401894753499.jpg (61KB, 528x528px) Image search: [Google]
1401894753499.jpg
61KB, 528x528px
>>54715236
In order to learn your true name you need to search within yourself. Using a mirror and two eyes, one from an angel and one from a demon, as well as a dybbuk bound to your service you can slowly peel back the layers that make up your person and find it. You must sit down before the mirror at midnight, holding up each eye up to your own and invoking the name of the demon and angel they belong. Be careful not to invoke both at once. Instead, alternate them one at a time. Your vision will suddenly be their own as you see you body in the mirror. With each invocation you will see yourself as they do. From the angel's eye you will see all your positive and noble qualities personified in your flesh. Invoking the demon's eye will strip you of these qualities and reveal your inner evils, all the impulses you've kept hidden from others as well as those from yourself. You will strip yourself in this fashion repeatedly until your flesh is peeled away and your soul is laid bear. On the 7th invocation you will use both eyes and you will peel away your immortal soul and reveal your true name as it was first spoken by the Lord.

However, this knowledge comes at a cost. By removing your layers you have unmade yourself, stripping everything your true name personifies and removing you the world. If you focus, however, you will see the dybbuk you have bound to your service. If you have bound it well you will watch as it returns to your body your soul, followed by your flesh as it remakes you as you were. You will awaken as though you were in a deep slumber to find only a second has passed and the knowledge missing from your mind. You must beseech the dybbuk, who now holds power over you, for your name in return for its freedom. This ritual is dangerous as there is a chance for your name to fall into the hands of others through the dybbuk.

That's my shot at it. Pretty Jewish but then I don't know what setting your character is in.
>>
File: 1372894707716.jpg (39KB, 525x600px) Image search: [Google]
1372894707716.jpg
39KB, 525x600px
>>54715857
>>
>>54716336
I've made an un-bear-lievable mistake.
>>
>>54715236
Take all the drugs. All of them. Every single one.
>>
This:
>>54717371
and this:
>>54716102
are not bad ideas actually. Maybe a combination of those could work.
>>
>>54715236
Go to the Akashic Records, or setting-equivalent
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.