[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite D&D magic items

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1.jpg (118KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
118KB, 800x700px
Most dms create their own items for use in their games, and they are often pretty interesting. What are some of your favorite items that you have used or seen used, and feel free to share any stories relating to that item.
>>
Angelskin Vestments / Angelskin Undergarments
>>
a chainmail vest made out of magical rings.
>>
>>54714843
Water Sword +2, flows around attacks, hard to defend against, cuts through armor like a high-pressure water-jet cutter.
>>
>>54714843
Heroic Scarf: It's a long red scarf. Enemies are mysteriously unable to grab it, and you feel brave and heroic when you wear it.
>>
One more I can think of was Corkscrew +2.
Could be used as Punching Dagger -2 (for being a corkscrew) / +2 (for enchantment). While the total bonus to attack roll was zero it still was a +2 weapon for purpose of harming creatures that can only be harmed by magical weapon.
It was also McGuffin to open Vintage Bottle +1.
>>
>>54714896
This is preposterously brilliant. The amount of antics you can pull with this is unlimited.
>I decide to loot only magical rings from defeated foes / chests / traps / etc.
>reforge enchanted chainmail with the magical rings in a cross-weaved pattern so there is on enchanted chainmail link weaved between rings
>roll for indestructibility
>roll for increase to all stats
>roll for degree of reflect spell
>reflect spell always bounces back the harmful spell to the caster as long as the torso is perpendicular in direction
>you only roll for damage
>win all the games
>>
>>54714843
>The first session of my very first game, back in high school when I was an edgy little shit and didn't now a fucking thing about tabletop gaming, my rogue found a "sword of blasphemy" in our first dungeon.
>Fuck yeah, that sounds great.
>Didn't even ask what it does.
>Scout ahead, come across a room with a few dozen orcs, all sleeping.
>Take my new magical sword and attempt to start silently murdering all of them.
>Swing at the first one I see.
>As the blade glides through the air, the chamber is filled with a deafening cry of "GOD ISN'T REAL."
>I am summarily fucked to death by 30 orcs.

Dude was jackass, but it was hilarious, and I'm glad he did it. A lesson was learned that day.
>>
>>54715845
This.
You also have to end all your fights with a kick or else it loses its powers.
Requirest at least 1 rank in Ride skill.
>>
>>54717084
Lol. What a great basterd of a GM.
>>
>>54717084
Kek, similar happened in a old game with a "Cursing sword"
>>
>>54714843
My favorites were a giant portable ram that blasted anything it hit back 10 feet, especially inanimate objects, and gauntlets that let the player fire balls of electricity.

The party had those items used against them, killed the enemies using them, tossed them in a bag, and ran into a door with a lock they couldn't pick at the end of a bridge. Then they gave up and the game died, because they didn't think I would give them useful loot, after everyone had been bragging to me about how they were going to loot the dungeon completely.
>>
>>54714843
Friend got a sentient magic ring named jerry which didn't do anything other than be sentient but it had really high int, cha, and wis. The friend was playing a barbarian so whenever a situation arose that required thought he would just ask Jerry.
>>
>>54718633
That is completely fantastic.

As for items I once encountered a "Hex-Fletcher" dude who was like an enchanting ranger, and had a Quiver that enchanted each arrow kept in it. Some Green-Arrow esque shenanigans were had.
>>
One of the more interesting items that I never got to see used well was the cloak of semi invisibility.

It wouldn't make you invisible, it'd just make people assume you're meant to be there. In places where there's more than one reason to be there, I'd have them roll to see what people thought. If they're walking through a prison with it on, guards may assume they're another guard, or they may think they're an escaped prisoner.
>>
File: 400px-Dancing_Swords_full.png (224KB, 400x474px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Dancing_Swords_full.png
224KB, 400x474px
>>54714843
Dancing Sword

I fucking adore Dancing Sword, entirely because of how much it lets you turn casters into DMC characters. Take for instance a bard. Now, as a bard you could either hit someone with your sword, or use your magical powers due to the number of actions you have available. Now, with the Dancing Sword, you get to have your sword hit someone on its own while you play a sick lute solo. Not only that, but it auto-tracks, if you're really speccing into Character-Action Bard, you can do awesome shit like throw it at someone, activate it so it starts attacking them, then dimension door to the sword to pick it back up after you've buffed up.

Dancing swords are fucking awesome.
>>
I dont know if it counts but once I made a beefy wizard and I was out of spells, when a bunch of cunts jumped the party.

I yelled "I CAST MAGIC MISSILE"

DM:"you cant cast that".

Anon:"I cast... uh... punch".
*rolls 1d20, get an 18"

DM:"you knock your target out"

It was about then that I started watching If The Emperor Had a TTS Device, so every time I punched someone in that campaign I would yell out "I CAST FIST"

I never played with those guys again but I heard that the DM added "fist" as a joke spell if you got a high STR
>>
>>54714843
the light crossbow
it was a crossbow that could glow brightly
it also looked like a modern speargun, so it was easier to use indoors and weighed less
>>
I had a wand of summoning that spawned wands of summoning (that produced more wands of summoning).
>>
File: MaryRose-wooden_bucket7.jpg (3MB, 2194x2255px) Image search: [Google]
MaryRose-wooden_bucket7.jpg
3MB, 2194x2255px
I didn't make it, nor was I in the party that used it, but I have heard the legends.

antimagic bucket. it's a wooden bucket that has a small anti magic field on the inside.

never had a clear story how they found it, but I was told of how they defeated a lich by putting the bucket on his head and beating him senseless while he was blind and unable to cast spells
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.