[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Armor fitting to entirely different sizes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

The party I'm running for keeps finding a bunch of armor. Obviously they tend to be sized for humans, but our main melee fighter is about half that size.

Every time we find a piece of magic armor or a fancy helmet, he asks: "Well can't I find a blacksmith to fit it for me?"

I'm pretty sure this very notion is a fucking ridiculous but I'm shit at words and can't put it into a good argument. So I need your help in either helping me explain why it's so retarded, or explaining to me how it could actually work.
>>
>>54714392
If the helmet is magic enough, it could change size to fit his owner. On the other hand, it might have too much self-respect to want to sit on the head of a manlet
>>
>>54714392
Instead of trying to justify not allowing him to resize the equipment, how about trying to find a way for him to do it. A blacksmith may not be able to resize it, but maybe a magician could shrink it down for him or something.
>>
>>54714392
>The party I'm running for keeps finding a bunch of armor. Obviously they tend to be sized for humans, but our main melee fighter is about half that size.

http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Iron%20Lord%27s%20Transforming%20Slivers

Bam, his problem is now solved.
>>
>>54714392
Useless loot is boring and unfun.
>>
>>54714472
>>54714525
t. "fall forward" storygame fagets
>>
>>54714597

Wait...how is someone finding a way to solve a problem falling forward?
>>
>>54714392
Changing the shape of the armor releases the enchantment.

Or just make him pay a bug amount.
>>
>>54714746
>Changing the shape of the armor releases the enchantment.
Yeah, but how do you change the shape of the armor to begin with?
>>
>>54714392
>in d&d its cannon that most magic items resize one category to fit.
>>
>>54714597
How did your last session go, anon? Did your players ask you when you're next available or are you still waiting to hear back from them?
>>
>>54714392
Smough is a dick
>>
>>54714792
Only in later editions.
>>
>>54714392

Give your party loot they can fucking use.
>>
>>54714525
>>54717896
>Most creatures in the world are humans or others of their size, but all the armor we find is for some reason too small for them to wear!

Player-centric coddling little shits...
>>
This kind of thing is honestly why I'm happy to play more cyberpunk or futuristic types of games, where the gear used by enemies is "tagged" or otherwise prevents players from stopping after every fight to see if there's shit they can strip from the bodies. You never see that kind of behavior in books or movies (apart from maybe retrieving some arrows) because A.) it's often seen as a dishonorable thing (especially in L5R, where it's literally taboo to touch a dead body), or B.) the gear the character uses is already tailored for their bodies and it's easier to make new shit than try and retrofit something to a completely different body type.
>>
>>54714392

Love this picture, it actually makes the helmet visors recognisable unlike the game models.
>>
>>54714597
>>54718034

Or there are other wee ones roaming the lands in armor.
>>
>>54714392
>He doesn't know about breastplate stretchers
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.