[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 43

File: enemyofnewbies.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
enemyofnewbies.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
Banding Edition

Previous: >>54695115

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Namefag bitchfest, but People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's the most obscure rule or rules interaction you've deliberately invoked?
>>
File: index.jpg (11KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11KB, 190x265px
I don't care what anyone says, this is the real secret tech when playing with randoms.
>>
>>54704051
Dunno if it's necessarily obscure, but the Fiend Hunter + sac outlet interaction led to some heated conversations at my table the first time I did it.
>>
>>54704051
>What's the most obscure rule or rules interaction you've deliberately invoked?

No touchbacks.
>>
>>54704153
>friends who can't into the stack

No, James, you can't sacrifice something, put it on the stack, and sacrifice it again in response.
>>
>>54704051
Roon has a ruling where if he blinks someone's general and they send him to the command zone, the general will still return to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step, but because they touched the command zone, they'll suffer an extra commander tax the next time they have to cast their general. I used to use this to convince people to let their generals go to exile instead, then trap them with Sundial of the Infinite
>>
>>54704136
I guarantee you're going to receive a huge argument again like last thread but I love this card.
>>
>>54704136
against randoms, it's not a bad card in casual edh

i wouldn't really bother with it against players whose decks i know
>>
File: Bananman delving in pleasures.jpg (103KB, 1024x620px) Image search: [Google]
Bananman delving in pleasures.jpg
103KB, 1024x620px
Didn't notice the previous thread was dead.

I want a BG/x deck for Eldrazi Tribal and big mana with Vorinclex. What should I go for?

>>54703978
Already got Gitrog in my Mazirek deck, and I want a (at least 3-color), so there's more options for the tribe
>>
>>54704267
But it's objectively true. When you're playing in a new group, you can only generally know what they should be playing. People with oddball strategies or strange/not optimized decks it'll blow their cover and let you play with so much more confidence. You'll literally know exactly when you can and can't move forward with your strategy, when to dig for answers, and when you can attack or make a move.
>>
>>54704293
Why BG? You could go Simic and use Kruphix
>>
>>54704340
Recently got Cabal Coffers and Hour of Promise
>>
File: 1371162001294.gif (2MB, 200x133px) Image search: [Google]
1371162001294.gif
2MB, 200x133px
>>54704230
>friend bitches that the stack never works in his favor
>when all he ever uses is sorcery-speed spells and abilities that no one will fuck with because they're bad
>>
>>54704254
This is bait right?
>>
>>54704357
In that case maybe consider Damia? You're already going to be ramp focused, and she just acts as a way to refill your hand.
Conversely Thrasios and some Bx parter would work since he's a mana sink and pseudo ramp.
>>
>>54704254
I'm sure your play group loves playing singleton without their commander. Like bruh why would you make it so unfun
>>
>>54704451
>doesn't get it
>so you must be cheating
>>
>>54704480
Not him, but if the players decide to make their stuff go to exile, it'll stay there if he pops Sundial, since Roon is a slow blink, and Sundial skips the end step and goes right to cleanup step. I used it to great effect in Zirilan when I ran it, let me keep my Dragons. It's a major gaping asshole move, but a totally legal one within the rules.
>>
>>54704513
He's wrong though. Tax is only applied/increased when casting the commander from the CZ. He's either an idiot or he knew this and lied to other people in a children's card game.
>>
>>54704533
That's not the part I was calling bait.
>but because they touched the command zone, they'll suffer an extra commander tax the next time they have to cast their general
See>>54704553
>>
>>54704530
I've almost sperged out and been like "look dude, your deck sucks," but they're fun guys to play with and I don't have anyone else to play EDH with so I don't want to lose them
>>
>look up Baral on edhrec
>Counterspell is first under top cards
You morons
>>
>>54704136
I feel like how good this card is depends on the threat level of your deck. As long as your deck is the kind that will squeek by under the radar, or is at least weaker than everyone else's it can be a lot of fun to see everyones threats and answers, and know what is going where before anything is ever played. Like you might see a counterspell, but already know it's destined for the other guys paradox engine.
>>
>>54704591
Ain't that the truth? You either put up with your group or you find randoms. And as nerdy as I am (discussing Magic and obsessively going over my decks on a Friday night and all), I just can't deal with some of the fucking weirdos who play this game at shops. Jesus H. Christ, a lot of them are walking stereotypes. Often huge, lumbering stereotypes.
>>
>>54704574
Oh THAT, yeah, that's some shady bullshit. Roon doesn't care where the cards go

>>54704593
What'd you expect? Baral is a 1v1 monster
>>
File: rise of Fbltph.png (2MB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rise of Fbltph.png
2MB, 1600x1000px
>>54704495
>Damia with play X extra lands each turn
That's hot as fuck. It's either that or Ravos/Thraosis. Would you say losing Vile Aggregate and Kozilek's Return is worth it for Eldrazi Displacer, Extricator of Flesh and Brisela?
>>
>>54704692
I think his point was that Baral discounts spells, but Counterspell still costs UU. You could instead use something like Dissolve for the same cost.
>>
>>54704593
It still makes use of one of his abilities and it's a good card when he isn't in play?
>>
why does selesnya have shit card advantage?
>>
>>54704737
Yes, Kozilek's Return isn't great in EDH. You might as well play Wrath of God and Toxic Deluge.
Brisela could be fun if you manage to meld her.
>>
File: ramosdragonengine.jpg (27KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
ramosdragonengine.jpg
27KB, 265x370px
How to use this guy?
>>
>>54704780
It doesn't though. You have tons of tutors, plenty of green card draw spells, plus things like Land Tax and Sylvan Library. If you go GW enchantress then you have card advantage for days.
>>
>>54704824
Be a cool guy and run Charm.dec
>>
>>54704793
reminder that if brisela couldn't be partners it's a busted mechanic
>>
>>54704744
Ahhh I gotcha
>>

Fucking Null Brooch and Arena. Null Brooch STILL, TO THIS DAY, makes my best friend irrationally mad, while my use of Arena made it banned for a few months in my playgroup. I have no regrets using either of them.
>>
>>54704780

First of all, harmonize is a solid card. Second of all, green has some pretty good options, and both colors have very good options for recursion, which is a form of card advantage and/or card selection. White also has flicker effects to reuse some of your cards, another kind of card advantage.

White's weakness is card advantage for sure though, so any color combo with white is going to have to lean on the other color for card draw.

Cards I like in GW for card advantage/selection/reuse:

Reveillark
Eternal witness
Vizier of the menagerie
Duskwatch Recruiter
Regal force
Soul of the harvest/primordial Sage
Genesis wave
Eerie interlude/ghostway
Sun Titan
Argivian find
Restoration Angel
Lifecrafter's bestiary
Zendikar resurgent
Garruk primal hunter
Ajani unyielding
Oath of nissa
Nissa vastwood seer
Abundance
>>
>>54704284
On the contrary, it's especially useful in a group of people who know each others's decks. You can point to a guy and say "look, he has all his combo pieces in hand. let's attack him before he kills us all" and have it be objectively true. The card changes *social* board state.
>>
>>54704842
Great now I gotta make this. Literally have all the charms set aside for this already.
>>
If you have some graveyard abuse in your meta, how much hate do you run? Bojuka Bog doesn't seem to be enough for me but I don't really want to put in cards that are otherwise useless elsewhere.
>>
File: 1265549402609.jpg (14KB, 546x342px) Image search: [Google]
1265549402609.jpg
14KB, 546x342px
>>54704842
Oh fuck this sounds great
>>
Man I hope the Grixis Wizards deck is good. My group buys a precon every year just to fuck around with, and claims have been made on the other 3 decks this year

>tfw taking 20 minute combo win turns with a bone-stock Yidris precon
>absolutely dunking on people with the Mizzix and Trash Pope decks

My luck may have run out
>>
full retard question: tappedout mana pie chart... do the lines need to meet up for it to be considered properly balanced between land and card cost?
>>
>>54705062
make your removal exile-based
>>
>>54704824
Conflux storm.
>>
>>54704254
>but because they touched the command zone, they'll suffer an extra commander tax the next time they have to cast their general.

That's not how the command tax works at all. It counts how many times the commander's been cast, not how many times it's "touched" command.

>903.8. A player may cast a commander he or she owns from the command zone. A commander cast from the command zone costs an additional {2} for each previous time the player casting it has cast it from the command zone that game.
>>
>>54705201
That's a good plan. Got a fair amount of that as is but yeah, that can cover me pretty well here.
>>
>>54704824
As much as I love >>54704842 I'd rather try to storm out by way of 5 color spells, +1/+1 counter spells, and flicker/bounce effects
>>
>>54705062
>>54705062

If you have any other utility lands then you can run expedition map or sylvan scrying, in which case you'll have 2 bojuka bogs, so to speak, but only in matchups where bojuka bog is good. In other matchups, you'll only have 1 so you won't be drawing too many cards that don't do anything. This applies to any other tutors you have as well.

If you still think you don't have enough gy hate then the best options are Rest In Peace, tormod's crypt, scavenging ooze, and nihil spellbomb i think
>>
>>54705117
You should favor the things that you need more of during the early game.
Have blue, but most of it is at 5<CMC?: Focus more on other clolors. Have few Black cards, but they require HEAVY devotion? Run more lands that tap for 2 colors.
You should go for about the correct pie-chart, that said; if you have green, early green ramp is great.
>>
>>54705251
Relic of Progenitus is better than Nihil or Tormod's if you don't mind nuking your own yard
>>
>>54705117

One thing I've noticed is that sometimes the size of the pie slices will match the outer ring slices, but they will be offset for some reason, and I'm not sure why.
>>
>>54704451
>crack fetch with top on the field
>no reaction
>rifle through deck to find an island
>opponent points artifact destruction at top expecting me to activate it and shuffle it in
>while I'm in the middle of resolving the fetch
>explain this to him
>explain the next opportunity to cast it would be when I next pass priority
>activate top
>artifact destruction
>tap top
>fizzle spell
>no response
>resolving top three
>asks if I would shuffle it in anyway
>yes really
>don't like what I see on top
>shuffle it anyway

And everyone was happy.
>>
>>54705251
>>54705272
I don't mind nuking my yard at all. Thing is, I honestly don't want that many slots devoted to graveyard hate if there is only one guy who uses it but is a big threat. I run Academy Ruins so maybe Nihil Spellbomb is enough of a backup? Even though I'd have to tutor for that too.
>>
File: 182.jpg (52KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
182.jpg
52KB, 312x445px
>>54705062
>>
>>54705314

If you don't care about your yard at all then relic of progenitus is likely the best because it essentially has 2 generic mana cycling, which is not bad for a dead card. And nihil spellbombs cycling cost would be 1B, so slightly worse, and it's also worse if you don't care about your yard because it only exiles one opponents yard.

As for tutoring it, Trinket mage is perfect but you really don't need to be tutoring it very often, the whole point of running an extra piece of gy hate is that you double your chances of drawing it naturally, and you can always use a normal tutor like Demonic (since you're obviously in black with Bojuka bog) if you really need to
>>
>>54705117
It's fine to overrepresent a splash color in your lands. If only 20% of your deck is one color, you should have a bit more than that in the lands, otherwise you've made it a very slim chance that mana available from your lands and the mana you need to cast your splash color will overlap.
>>
>>54705377

Oh I forgot about this one, this is good
>>
>>54705397
It's also a question of having enough answers for this particular problem. I run a good number of board wipes because it's unlikely that one will do the trick all game. Same goes for this issue. I don't really want to use a lot of slots but I also don't want to be stuck with only one or two answers when I may well need several. It's made a tough call since it's so situational.

>>54705377
Now that's a good one indeed.
>>
>tfw the shop I've been going to for the last 14 years shut down out of the blue yesterday and I didn't get to say goodbye to the cool owner
>>
>>54705511
Are you trying to tell me you've never stalked anyone before? What is this amateur hour horseshit?

I expect you outside that person's house tomorrow morning.
>>
>>54704051
Sidisi or Razaketh for my first competative commander deck? Are there any good builds for Sidisi(the monoblack one) that aren't AdNaus?
>>
>>54705588
>Razaketh
>Competitive
Anon...
>>
>>54705588
>competitive commander
How about you fucking kill yourself dude
>>
how do you autists feel about alts?
>>
>>54705588
Storm is pretty good from what I hear.
>>
>>54705666
Alters? Alternate somethings? The alt key?
>>
>>54705588
Seton
>>
>>54705665
How about you fucking kill me my man
>>
>>54705588
Razaketh to spite >>54705597
>>
>>54705684
alters, and the alt right
>>
File: tfwBald.png (82KB, 173x244px) Image search: [Google]
tfwBald.png
82KB, 173x244px
>>54704136

It's funny, when I play against people that I haven't met before, I ask if I can side that in and that I'd take out FoW or MD for compensation.

Weirdly enough, they rather me keep my counterspells, makes me wonder what tech they normally use. :S
>>
>>54705708
Alters are fine
Alt-right are scum
>>
File: 1501732534271.jpg (5KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501732534271.jpg
5KB, 280x400px
>>54705801
Thats because they don't want you to gimp yourself, anon. They respect themselves as players more than that.
>>
>>54705801
They know it's power.
>>
>>54705801
Sub in a bunch of MLD for your counterspells instead
>>
>>54705811
>my wife's bull said it's okay for me to post on 4chan while he bangs my wife
>>
>>54705588
>>54705597
Razaketh is for Shadowborn Apostle.dec
>>
will we see the return of any dominaria commanders next year? what's the chance of them being good?
>>
What is your favorite X cost card to cast for a fuckbillion?
>>
>>54705998
Jhoira is inherently good, just that anyone with half a brain would know that she needs to be shut down immediately.

Like a Sen Triplets and Brago player, you could be behind on lands and still be considered the biggest threat at the table.
>>
File: 1459277684914.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459277684914.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
I just played my Wort deck tonight, and won several games with it. I'm pretty happy with what I made out of it.

Any other things I should add or be aware with my decklist?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/09-01-17-explosion/
>>
>>54706009

Genesis wave or molten disaster
>>
What's some good 1-2 drops for non-tribal Scarab God?
>>
>>54706106
real men play Valakut packages in their Wort decks
>>
>>54704051
Do you guys have any friends you love, but hate to play magic with?

>Friend A wants to learn to play Magic
>Friend B is part of a pretty spiky playgroup I'm now a part of
>And me
>I loan friend A my budget Edric deck because it's cheap to make, easy to use, and I can teach him about certain interactions and the difference between casting spells and resolving them
>Friend B pulls out his newly made Locust God
>"Friend B, why don't you play Doran, it's more honest and won't combo out so friend A can learn more?"
>"Anon I just made it just let me test it."
>He combos out turn 4 and wins
>"What, how did I know it would do that?"
>"You built the deck to do it and spent like $400 on it?"
>"So?"

I love the dude, but he does this shit all the time.
>>
>>54706119

Careful study, entomb, mesmeric orb, shriekmaw

And then there's a million general goodstuff cards you can run, Demonic and Vampiric tutors, Crypt and Sol ring, Dimir Signet and Talisman of dominance, etc are auto includes, but you can include cheap counterspells and kill spells if you want as well
>>
>>54706119
Sea Gate Oracle, Dakra Mystic
>>
>>54706119
Some of these are zombies but... Mystic Remora, Cathartic Adept, Altar of the Brood, Plaguebearer, Keeper of the Dead, Cabal Interrogator, Brine Shaman.
>>
File: gHVBxQj.jpg (267KB, 750x717px) Image search: [Google]
gHVBxQj.jpg
267KB, 750x717px
>>54704051
>friend plays agsint any tier 1 deck
dosen't care will happily watch them combo out
>pull out brago once
spergs out and wont talk to me refuses to play if he even sees the deck

my friends a dumbass
>>
>>54706495
meant to reply too
>>54706162
>>
steal shit or zombies for scarab god?
>>
>>54704051
Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/4f4gz

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.
>>
>>54706162
>"Tim", pretty good friend, known him for about 2 years
>Plays stuff like Khaalia, RW Giants and Ydris
>Hates Blue
>shit talks the player
>talks about wanting to kill himself when a MLD or otherwise high threat spell of his gets countered

>Is salty when Blue does Blue but Mardu don't
>"Fuck, just let me play."
>"You were literally casting Iona against a Mono-U player."
>"Yeah? So?"

>Plays Avacyn
>Is salty when it's bounced back to his hand

>Plays Gisella
>Copy it with Sakashima and another Clone card
>Has a bitch fit about how that's unfair

Love him to death, but fuck me that becomes a little much.
>>
>>54706577
Play blue green, shit eldrazi onto his chest. Make him realize he 8s just a salty bitch
>>
>>54706162
>Friend playing Yidris against me and another player whose general is Hikori, we'll call him "John"
>"hey guys, leave mana open!"
>"John don't cast collective voyage, it's a trap and it's going to fuck us."
>"No Anon, no it won't!"
>He casts collective voyage, taps out
>Hikori player taps out
>I have one mana open, don't tap it.
>Ten lands come onto the battlefield, all tapped.
>Hikori goes next, casts Hikori
>John is surprised somehow

>>54706495
>>54706509
Fuck, I hate people like that.

>>54706577
I'm not a fan of having things countered either but fuck that's autistic.

>Iona on the mono player

Oh, he's that guy.
>>
>>54706026
Jhoira is is just 3UR, When~ enters the battlefield, exile a big ass spell
>>
>>54706659
It would really help if you actually played the game.

Turn 3 Oldamog/OldKoz with haste ends games.

>>54706654
>That guy

In our group, he's superseded by another as "that guy"
>"Anyone want to play against my, no joke, turn 2 Niv deck?"
>>
>>54706700

How do you get a turn 3 eldrazi off jhoira?
>>
>>54706708
T1: Island (or any quick UR land) -> Sol Ring -> Thought Vessel (or any other 2cmc mana rock)
T2: Mountain (or any quick UR land) -> Jhoira -> Suspend fatty
T3: Timecrafting on Suspended fatty -> Hit with fatty

It's unbelievable how easy it is.
>>
Anyone have any ideas for a Crosis deck?
I love the card, but I don't think I want to go hard on the discard element
>>
>>54706756
Clockspinning is also real nice if you can get it on an Isochron
>>
So what're the colors for the 2017 commanders?
>>
>>54707403

Mardu vampires
Grixis wizards
GW cats
5 color dragons
>>
File: gwpggzon805z.jpg (80KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
gwpggzon805z.jpg
80KB, 500x498px
>>54707408
>Mardu
>GW cats

Grixis Wizards might be cool though.
>>
>>54707427

I think mardu vampires could be cool since you can run sorin lord of innistrad and some new ixalan white vampires
>>
>>54707465
True. I just usually don't like anything with Boros in it.

Who knows it might end up being my favorite if I give it a chance.
>>
File: 252.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
252.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>54704824
5c +1/+1 counters.
Can already imagine a million different infinites.

If it didn't have the once each turn clause would definitely try storm.
>>
>>54707487

Mardu vampires is gonna be mostly black with just a splash of Boros stuff I think
>>
>>54704824
Combo with some kind of blink or food chain to keep using that second ability.
>>
why does everyone hate orloro
it seems fun
>>
>>54707408
>5 color dragons
>New Kamigawa card
>It sucks

Since we're probably never revisiting Kamigawa this hurts me.
>>
>>54707581

They hate him because you don't have to cast him and people rarely do. It goes against the spirit of commander I think, the point of the format is to build around a cool legendary creature. It's even worse that it was designed specifically for commander.

That said I do find him somewhat fun to play, it's cool to have an emblem in the command zone that feeds my Necropotence and ad nauseam
>>
>>54706162
>Teaching new player at card chop
>Hand him Jalira deck
>Friend says that deck is too complicated for a new player
>He pulls out Zedruu Chaos
>>
>>54707628
>doesn't exile 5 cards
Where they trying to design a uncommon?
>>
Oloro Soldier Tribal
>>
>>54707718
>spirit of commander
There's no such thing and it's gross that people keep trying to say that.
There's competitive spirit and then casual funtimes.
Wizards pushing the shit out of this format has blurred the line between those two.
If someone's idea of fun is winning by any means available, then that's just how they work and it's up to the table to deal with them.
As with any game there are going to be strong and weak matchups, so even if you built your ideal masterpiece OC donut steel EDH deck you're still going to have good and bad games.
Being able to adapt to your playgroup's environment or forcing them to adapt to you in a singleton format where casting big spells is almost no issue invokes both competitive spirit and lets players find room for their highly situational petcards.

If people are having issues with the Oloro player then they can start looking for cards that ignore life totals or even get the chance to run the few that allow you to swap them, or fuck just put in Kavu Predator. It's not that big of a deal if you have to switch a few cards in your deck, it's not like you won't be able to put them back later.
>>
>fairly new to edh
>build casual Daretti deck
>not enough people for a pod yet so another guy at my lgs asks me if I want to 1v1
>sure why not
>he's playing og ezuri
>after a fairly even match I win
>give him the ggs
>says he wants a rematch right away
>"would you let me use another card in my deck as the commander? It really doesn't make much difference"
>"oh, ok"
>takes out Freyalise
>get my ass handed to me as any relevant artifact gets destroyed
>still don't know how to feel about it
>>
>>54706026
Jhoira reminds me of the good ol' days of EDH before Wizards started fucking up the format with their precons and people decided competitive EDH was a thing. Also fuck Zur.
>>
>>54708031
Or just build a deck around commander damage to make their life total not matter.
>>
File: 631_swordoflightandshadow.jpg (25KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
631_swordoflightandshadow.jpg
25KB, 620x453px
Buildan Bruse Tarl + Ikra Shidiqi with "whenever deals combat damage to a player" and "whenever you gain life" synergies.

Although viable themes for lifegain, not particularly interested in:
>tokens/aristocrats
>"gain that much life" or any huge lifegain spells, any amount is fine since just the trigger matters
>landfall gain life effects
>"whenever opponent lose life"-effects common in WB lifegain cards
>life total matters effects like Felidar, not part of the gameplan as of right now

Got any tech in mind for the general jist? Color composition so far is W>>G=B>>>R
>>
>>54708496
Just because something's become very popular doesn't mean it's ruined.
The more widespread something becomes the more instances of poor quality appear. However the cards being printed outside of normal sets that we'd almost never get otherwise are fine additions to the format.
That being said, Atraxa was a mistake.
>>
im just a dick and make rubes explain their win cons and walk trough stacks. if and only if I have disruption and they do not mention keeping priority I will throw a wrench in the combo.

the usually give me the conan answer "but anon, it is known"
it IS known, but, if you don't know it, you can't beat me with it >
>>
>>54705062
karador deck has agent of erebos (the deck has a zombie subtheme) and breya has nihil spellbomb (the deck has a salvaging station/auriok salvagers subtheme)
>>
>tfw my can't pre-order C17 at my LGS yet and the only websites I go to only allow you to pre-order all 4 decks
I just want to get my Grixis Wizards before assholes jack up the price.
>>
How cedh is Meren?
>>
>>54710026
Very.
>>
>>54699869
The cat one not really. I also assume that the others have eminence on vampires and wizards, so solely on that, not really. It's cool to have a new Mardu legend though and even more, I wish that it's gonna be useful. But it's gonna be something like draining each opponent for each vampire you have on eminence, and activated ability to get a token I would assume.
Wizards, I have no idea.
>>
>>54705056
What? If you can't tell combo pieces from random's deck, you're bad. Or do you need to see the combo in action before you realize that the cards interact with each other?
>>
>>54710026
not at all

meren is a casual stomper
>>
File: door-to-nothingness[1].jpg (128KB, 240x344px) Image search: [Google]
door-to-nothingness[1].jpg
128KB, 240x344px
>>54704824
:^)
>>
What the fuck happened to the rulings section on gatherer and where do I look now to find this info? Used to be my go to.
>>
>>54710237
A lot of combos win out of nowhere with no indication that it's about to happen. I used to run Lab Maniac, Demonic Consultation, Brainstorm, Swan Song, and Silence/Grand Abolisher. If the board state was right, I wouldn't even need the counter or the cards to prevent any interruptions. For five mana I'd end the game immediately. You can't see that kind of thing being assembled in even a very basic combo deck.
>>
>>54704825
>land tax
>doing anything in le land ramp deck
>>
>>54710415
You mean to tell me that your whole table can't answer those cards? And, even after doing it once, doesn't prepare counter measures or ready themselves for it?

Your table is just casual if that's the case.
>>
>>54710491
>And, even after doing it once, doesn't prepare counter measures or ready themselves for it?

We were talking about playing against randoms though. Clearly you'll know their strategy if they've shown it to you before.

Without a proper counter or an answer at exactly that moment (when you don't know what's coming and there's been no indication of it), the game's over. If someone can't stop that Silence or Abolisher, it's over. For very little mana you can protect those things from being countered and there's literally nothing they can do.
>>
>>54710415
But the point is that everyone can see the tools you have at your disposal. Maybe it's your meta, but in mine, none of the interactions have been not obvious, aside from Geralf's Messenger and Ghave, everyone seems to be familiar with combo pieces and their use of the ones that are used and known
>>
>>54710090
She's really not. She's a value machine, but she doesn't do anything broken. There's a reason no decks with her at the helm are tier 1 in cEDH. Meren is a pubstomper and nothing more.
>>
>5 minions on the board
>rag power hits face
>1 minion on board
>Rag power won't hit face
I'm starting to think this RNG thing isn't very RNG'd.
>>
>>54710744
wat
>>
File: 635053928524423502.png (485KB, 567x811px) Image search: [Google]
635053928524423502.png
485KB, 567x811px
>>54708606
This maybe?
>>
>>54710673
>But the point is that everyone can see the tools you have at your disposal.

That's why I think Telepathy is a good card.
>>
>>54710479
You should really try playing with Land Tax in GW. It works very differently from anything with U or Scroll Rack because you only care about it going off once. It grabs you three lands to spam with Exploration or Burgeoning. Sure, it's a dead card late game, but it's early game utility makes up for that.
>>
>>54710491
>get a load of this pro!
>>
File: Capture.png (304KB, 440x299px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
304KB, 440x299px
>>54708004
want to try this so bad
>>54706162
Every group has one...
> ours is a chubby blubber nugget with NINE infinite combo decks
> complained and left the store after a we ganged up on him in a 5 man pod when he trapped us all in the Strangle Hold/ Maralen of the Mornsong lock
> when its his turn just sits and flicks his cards, never talks to anyone, never engages with the banter or politics
> won't even contribute to the table playlist
bruh c'mon bruh
>>
>>54710727
Meren is pretty competitive. Good stax commander, breaks parity by recurring creatures for free. T2 commanders can and are played in cEDH.
>>
>>54711021
where does one check these official rankings of commanders?
>>
>>54711179
There is no official list but this one is good and common referenced: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/list-multiplayer-edh-generals-by-tier/
>>
>>54711252
I participated in the discussions on that list before.

I remember when the last commander precons came out and they kept on calling me an idiot for saying Thrasios was tier 1 and that it would replace Tasigur completely.

I'm also the one who got them to move Yisan from tier 3 to tier 1.5 among a few other things, most of the people there have no clue what they are doing.
>>
>>54711252
some of these top tier ones have me scratching my head but i assume they combo like crazy or something
>>
>>54711306
Wow, you're awesome dude.
>>
>>54711328
I try my best.
>>
>>54711252
Anything tier 3 and below seems to have no logic behind the placement.
>>
>>54711503
because nobody gives a shit about them really.
>>
>>54711309
Most of them pack some kind of insanely resilient infinite combo
>>
>>54711252
>Edric
>Tier 1.5
Are the flying men THAT good? Or is it just because he's UG and the card draw clause?
>>
>>54704051
Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.
>>
File: xantcha.jpg (45KB, 373x331px) Image search: [Google]
xantcha.jpg
45KB, 373x331px
>>54705998
Some legends or EDH related cards I'd like to see are:

- Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar herself as a creature, and spells associated with her.

- Legends for Xantcha, Ratepe, and Gix. I know there's Sleeper Agent to represent Xantcha, but Planeswalker is one of my favorite mtg books so it'd be cool to see her.

- Grizzlegom as a legend.

I wouldn't want to see more pre-mending Planeswalkers. Call it whatever, but I still having them as godlike beings that can't be accurately portrayed on cards.
>>
>>54711654
flying men got banned him banned in duel commander, it's pretty damn good.
>>
>>54711306
What would possess someone to come on the internet and lie?
>>
>>54711698
>>54711698
Shit maybe I should actually build him. Surely those little flying/unlockable fuckers can't be that expensive either
>>
>>54711695
>Greht, Gathan Warlord will never be a card
I'm a sucker for hyper masculine barbaian types like the Keldons. Take that and drill a metal mask onto his face that has coals that spark and fume in the eye sockets whenever he gets pissed and I'm sold.
>>
>>54711714
>The following cards are also banned from being played as a commander :
>Breya, Etherium Shaper
>Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder
>Derevi, Empyrial Tactician
>Edric, Spymaster of Trest
>Erayo, Soratami Ascendant
>Geist of Saint Traft
>Jace, Vryn Prodigy
>Marath, Will of the Wild
>Oloro, Ageless Ascetic
>Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary
>Tasigur, the Golden Fang
>Vial Smasher the Fierce
>Zur the Enchanter

>http://www.duelcommander.com/banlist/
>>
>>54711859
Did you reply to the wrong person or are you an idiot?
>>
>>54711886
Woops, thought it was a response to >>54711698
My bad.
>>
>>54706026
i dont understand why people think sen triplets is even good. they are so slow and clunky and easy to deal with since its a creature and an artifact. 90% of the time you are not even ding anything worth a shit until like turn 7 anyway with them. people who focus sen triplets have awful threat assessment
>>
>>54706756
So that's an incredibly common and consistent play for the deck only requiring 5 specific cards in the first 9 cards. Seems reasonable.
>>
>>54712008
Everyone acts like their magic Christmas land scenarios are the norm.
>>
>>54711913
people generally don't like having their stuff stolen. same deal with playing a lot of counterspells; you get hated out regardless.
>>
>>54706756
>Not suspending Apocalypse followed by one or more Eldrazi with annihilator to deny recovery

Your kung-fu is weak.
>>
>>54712008
Out of those 5 cards he mentioned, essentially every single one except for timecrafting can be replaced by a dozen other options.
>>
>>54712149
>x commander is totally powerful if you have Sol Ring in your opening hand!
>>
>>54712240
sounds like Teferi to me
>>
>>54711728
Edric is one of the few commanders I've actually seen built for $20 with shipping and actually work.
>>
File: Image-17.png (138KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image-17.png
138KB, 223x311px
I'm thinking pingers, burn spells, damage doublers, and X-damage spells for finishes.
Anybody else running him? What's been your experience
>>
>>54712385
Sounds rad. I've got the brewer's bug but am short on cash

Might be time to put off Alesha for yet another build
>>
I feel like I'm stuck in a rut with deckbuilding. I have Talrand, Karn, Krenko, Darien, and Kamba and I want to make a new deck.

The issue I'm running into though is that I can't get past wanting to make it artifact centric. I already have Karn and I don't feel like tearing it apart or retooling it.

Does anyone have a cheap(ish) commander build that I might be interested in?
>>
File: IMG_9303.png (913KB, 492x669px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9303.png
913KB, 492x669px
>spirit of commander
otherwise known as
"PLAY THE GAME SHITTY AND LIKE ME IF ANYONE PLAYS ANY DIFFRENT THEN FUCK YOU, NO COMBOS, NO STAX, ONLY MONO GREEN CREATURES"
>>
>>54712465
Wheels, mana flares, spell copiers, all available red spell recursion, earthquake effects, big mana rocks, damage doublers and "that much damage plus one"-effects.

I think extra combats work quite swell with it but don't see others playing them which I find bit odd.Goes off pretty nicely. Don't like the sound of pingers to be honest.

At worst it feels like 100-card singleton burn deck, at best it's some sweet stormin'.
>>
>>54712574

A colorless deck is NEVER finished.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/edzart/
>>
>>54712647
who are you talking to anon?
>>
>>54712647
Don't forget "YOU KILLED MY FAVORT CRETURE ONCE NOW I KNOCK YOU OUT OF GAEMS ALL NIGHT"

and everyone's favorite
"I can't figure out how to win so I'll just shit up any attempt to end this miserable shit out of spite"
>>
>>54712574
Build King Makar, The Pimp Cursed.
Vehicles are artifacts too, you know.
You'll also get new toys to play with from Ixalan
>>
>>54712766
WHAT WHY DIDNYOU COUNTER MY WINCON
FUCK BLUE
WHY FOCUS ME I WAS INLY OLAYONG CREATURES I NEVER SWING
>>
>>54712465
a guy at my play group uses him and has a bunch of earthquake and damage doubling effects along with shit like doubling cube and caged sun. he usually wins with fireball or other X spell. its a pretty good deck but the only problem is if neheb dies it does basically nothing
>>
>>54712730
you
>>
>>54712465
>>54712662
Don't forget the best cards to get the ball rolling, Flame Rift, Price of Progress, Slagstorm, Flamebreak, Acidic Soil and Pyrohemia
>>
so, i've tried building a sydri deck with what i had in hand, and it looks like shit.
what should i be looking for, that's not beyond 5 bucks, to upgrade it to not-horrible status?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sydri-prototype-4/
>>
File: 1450818035299.jpg (76KB, 610x660px) Image search: [Google]
1450818035299.jpg
76KB, 610x660px
Situation: a player has shitton of combo resources to go off with. Which one is worst and why.
>slowly and deliberately tanks through the motions and eventually pulls the win after making everyone wait for a while
>just casting stuff, spewing value, passing the turn without wasting time but leaving rest of the table crippled and functionally out of the game
>"guys I can do this and that and I think I've got the win, you got anything to stop me with or is this game?"
>>
File: 1470830907217.gif (338KB, 538x572px) Image search: [Google]
1470830907217.gif
338KB, 538x572px
>>54705588
>competative
I guess that's really the state of cEDH.
>>
>>54712978
probably the middle one. while i appreciate not taking forever with your turn id rather just get killed quickly instead of basically doing nothing for 30 minutes because my whole board is fucked to shit. combos that dont actually finish the game are the worst
>>
>>54706162
>friend throws a fit at the sight of Sheoldred
>is okay with the Vorinclex player and let it stick to the field
>>
I'm thinking about building teferi with chain veil blah blah mana rocks and all that. But other than draw X spells whats a good way I could actually win?
>>
>>54713196
Stasis, and Lab Maniac.
>>
>>54712662
>>54712815
>>54712831
Thanks guys. Any secret tech or more most haves?
>>
File: Weenie_Hut_Juniors.png (1MB, 1061x800px) Image search: [Google]
Weenie_Hut_Juniors.png
1MB, 1061x800px
>>54707487
>I just usually don't like anything that's challenging.
FTFY
>>
>>54712663
>Metalworker in the maybe board
This is only acceptable if you don't have one yet.
>>
>>54711913
It's hardly awful threat assessment. If you have a swords to plowshares or whatever in hand, and you DONT use it on the triplets, they are just going to cast it instead. Then you will still be down the card, and probably one of your creatures too.

They are removal magnets because "saving" removal with them on board is fucking retarded.
>>
>>54708523
Pretty much this. When I started with EDH I got myself the Oloro precon. It was too funny seeing myself losing with 200 life against Rafiq.
>>
File: UHHHYEAHHH.jpg (133KB, 952x1354px) Image search: [Google]
UHHHYEAHHH.jpg
133KB, 952x1354px
>>54713343

EDZ primary, art minor. I own all of them, and since I made that list have many more. I'm going to try out a white lifelink colorless eldrazi mix next but first want to retool the colorless deck and superimpose what I can.
>>
File: 1486478154387.jpg (272KB, 1280x1189px) Image search: [Google]
1486478154387.jpg
272KB, 1280x1189px
>>54713267
Aggravated Assault goes infinite easily, up to your discretion if you want it.

Pro-red/indestructible equipment or Magebane Armor are decent tech for to protect Neheb from your field burn spells.
Speaking of field burn, Coalhauler Swine is my super secret tech for build that plays a lot more of those effects.
>>
>>54713108
From my experience, casual players pathologically hate forced sacrifice. Whereas with mana denial like Vorinclex, they think "well I'll just use it when it untaps"
>>
What happens if I gain control of an opponents artifact equipment until end of turn and equip it to my own creatures? I assume the opponent can pay the equip cost to move it back to their own creatures on their turn.
>>
>>54713569
Casuals treat Vorinclex like fucking MLD in my experience.
>>
File: 46-U7_12_28.png (37KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
46-U7_12_28.png
37KB, 640x400px
>>54713467

Wrong Magebane, newb.
>>
>>54714116
It remains equipped to your creature, but they're able to equip it to something else if they can, yes.
>>
>>54714203
Thank you.
>>
Spoilers out yet?
>>
>>54714466
____________________________________________filtered_______________________________________________________________
>>
>>54714482
>>54714466
fug I didn't mean to leave my trip on
right in the benis
>>
File: 1497727003154.jpg (130KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1497727003154.jpg
130KB, 623x414px
>>54704780

>My face when I run a good Masumaro deck that explodes out of nowhere

Green card draw is great if you know how to make it work.
>>
>babbies at my LGS bitch and moan about green and cards like sol ring because they play slow ass decks

What is it with people who try to get into formats with huge cardpools that don't understand speed is a key part of it? It's almost always control players too.
>>
File: IMG_9378.jpg (85KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9378.jpg
85KB, 312x445px
post the most anoying players name and there favorite color and people guess why they are anoying

ill start

>josh
>blue
>>
File: 257.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
257.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>54714555

> Green card draw

Tell me about it.

>>54714466

Ha, mine is Sage or OP...just not a trip because I'm not a faggot girl.
>>
>>54714648
>(You)
>Boros
>>
>>54707427
>>54707465

R/W stops being a shit when you add in other colors. Naya for example has access to a shit ton of good G/R and W/G cards. It's just that when R/W are together they're a shit pairing.
>>
Really wondering if I should add Gisela to my Marath deck. She doesn't produce tokens or +1/+1 counters and she isn't a staple creature so I'm wondering if I should add her or not. I know not everything has to generate tokens/counters and she has a good ability but when a card has no synergy in my deck it bothers my tism.
>>
>>54714821
>(You)
>blue
>>
>>54714889
She's way above cost is the real problem. A seven drop should be way more impactful or do something by itself, unless it's a card you're building around.
>>
anyone have a good bant aggro list?
>>
>>54715002
Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Also
>Friends keeping telling me Voice of Resurgence is a bad card for EDH even though it's a token generator
>1v1 match
>Voice and Grand Abolisher on the table
>Have three token doublers out and Fires of Yavimaya out
>cast wrath of god
>Suddenly have 8 8/8s with haste on the board and slap him in the dick

This is why I love EDH
>>
>>54715083
god i love voice of resurgence
holds a sword like nothing else can and makes big boys when the blue player tries to blue you
>>
File: masumaro-first-to-live-cropped.jpg (152KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
masumaro-first-to-live-cropped.jpg
152KB, 464x664px
>>54714773

Here's the list. The trick is not so much to draw cards but put cards from your deck into your hand.

>Turn before mine has someone cast a large number of spells
>Sprouting Vines
>Masumaro now has a significant increase in power before my turn even starts
>Throw a trident for death and start my turn
>>
>>54715083
>Have three token doublers out
>>
File: 1497152537445.gif (979KB, 400x316px) Image search: [Google]
1497152537445.gif
979KB, 400x316px
>>54715130

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/masumaro-1/

Just kidding.The list is HERE not there.
>>
>>54704136
In random multiplayer groups playing oddball casual decks, it's a swell card to have and adds an extra dimension to politicking, even if you're sacrificing card advantage for it.

Against any highly tuned competitive decks, it's not worth the tempo loss and/or dead draw, and you should probably be familiar with said decks anyway to the point where you shouldn't need it.
>>
>>54715083
Thats your three token doublers being broken, not your Voice of Resurgence
>>
>>54707628
he doesn't know...
>>
>>54715191
It's still a good card to run in Marath and just about any deck with G/W that deals with tokens.
>>
If you have Ezuri, Claw of Progress on the field, and you cast a Sylvan Advocate (and you have 6+ lands), does Ezuri get an experience counter when Sylvan Advocate ETB's?, or does Sylvan Advocate ETB as a 4/5 body?
>>
>>54715358

The latter.
>>
>>54714648
>chris
>black

seriously chris fuck you m8 your sheoldred deck is fucking gay and we all hate it
>>
File: Krosan Grip.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Krosan Grip.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>54704051
Not an EDH player (I play non-EDH casual multiplayer), but Morph + Split Second is amazing and I have Krosan Grip and Trickbind in my morph deck solely to abuse the Split Second interaction. (As long as a Split Second spell is on the stack, nobody can cast spells or activate abilities, but unmorphing a creature is a special action and not an ability and is thus allowed even with Split Second on the stack. It also doesn't stop triggered abilities, so 'when you turn ~ face up' abilities resolve in their entirety without anybody being able to respond to them (as a spell with Split Second is still on the stack, under the ability.)

I once managed to Split Second Hidden Dragonslayer a Spike Feeder with 14 counters on it. People usually don't see Split Second spells coming, but with it only being on a few cards the unexpected options are limited. Adding morph into the mix can make tons of unexpected things happen suddenly. (Although I haven't pulled it off myself yet, theoretically you can even elevate any instant or sorcery to practical Split Second speed using a Split Second spell and Mischievous Quanar; nobody else gets priority until you've cast your spell, cast a Split Second spell, unmorphed the Quanar and copied the spell (which will resolve before the Split Second spell leaves the stack).)
>>
>>54715466
>sheoldred
>commander
>oppressive
How the fuck is that even possible, craw wurm meta?
>>
>>54711252
Lol I remember when jeleva came out people called her trash and she was hated on forever when did she become tier 1?
>>
Is it dumb to run Wrath and Day of Judgement in the same deck?
>>
>>54715358
Second. It's what makes Master Biomancer bad in Ezuri.
>>54715584
When people realized that all you need to win is Blue cantrips, Black rituals, and Red wheels.
>>
>>54715589
i do this in just about every deck that has white, its you have to pick only one though pick day of judgement cause its slightly cheaper and regen almost never comes up in commander (in my experience)
>>
>>54704051

Funny you posted Baton of Morale, I want to mix it with Teeka's Dragon.
>>
>>54714648
>Alex
>Blue
>>
>>54715589
I'd rather play a more useful Wrath than Day of Judgment, like Rout, Austere Command, or possibly even Fumigate.
>>
>>54715516
Lurk more and learn your memes.
>>
>>54715849
hewwo
>>
>>54715487
That's actually very good.
>>
>>54715589
unless you make use of Regeneration, replace DoJ with either Hallowed Burial, Terminus, or Decend Upon the Sinful
>>
>>54715781
>>54715930

idk i think having your wrath be 4 mana is too important
>>
File: Image (128).png (127KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (128).png
127KB, 223x311px
>>54715980
Definitely keep Wrath. But being able to wipe the board in different ways (tuck, destroy, exile, sac) is also important. Which reminds me to mention this card as well. If nothing else, it can hit Void Winnower whereas Day/Wrath can't
>>
>>54716016
Bonus Points if you pay for the cost by tapping Forbidden Orchard.
>>
>>54715980
Being able to Rout as an Instant is incredibly clutch sometimes, as well as the flexibility from Austere Command. With Austere Command, it's also good when you run up against decks that aren't as creature focused.
>>
>>54716097
Yes, but sometimes if you don't clear the board of dorks and stuff early enough the damage will be to severe to be undone. It's a meta call, but waiting til turn 6 for austere command is a death sentence when it means their priest of Titania has tapped for a bajillion mana already and dropped some a titan or two.
>>
File: Image (19).jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (19).jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>54716166
For your elves!
>>
Does anyone have the comic where Spike goes to his FLGS to see what's being played. I need it for reasons.
>>
>>54716166
>waiting til turn 6 for austere command

Not being able to generate 6 mana before turn 6 might be the bigger issue here.
>>
>>54716291
>Walks past Legacy and no one is playing it

Love it
>>
>>54704136
Its blue therefore its bad
>>
how many lands before you decide to mulligan?
>>
why are EDH players always the loudest, most autistic people in the store?
>>
>>54717158

Depends on the deck and the nonland cards in the hand, but I usually like to see only 2, 3, or 4 lands, I would sometimes keep 5 lands and wheel of fortune though, for instance, or 5 lands 1 great card and faithless looting, but I wouldn't be happy about either of those
>>
>>54717200

It's the format for spicy tech and silly plays
>>
>>54717200
Since Ancient Greek's times it's known that in lack of wiseness, loudness is the stringest political tool.
>>
File: 1488647929884.png (200KB, 400x1446px) Image search: [Google]
1488647929884.png
200KB, 400x1446px
>>54716291
Here you go
>>
>>54717265
>wiseness
>>
>>54717555
Yeah, he probably should have caps-locked his sentence.
>>
>>54717376
Which one are you /edhg/?

>I MAKE NEW RAT
>>
>>54717555
>>54717669
Hey, I used wiseness for the assonance, cut me some slack.
You could have pointed out the actual error, the typo.
>>
>>54717785
I'm willing to let typos slip. It's just the next key over.
>>
>>54717744
Samurai health points reporting in
>>
>>54717200
you just answered your own question

autist

:^)
>>
>>54717744
Impact tremors. Prepare to lose, scrubs.
>>
>>54717744
HAHA I HAVE JARAD AND PHYTOTITAN, PREPARE TO LOSE!
>>
>>54717376
i love shitty mspaint comics so much
>>
>>54717744
100% the Norin guy
>>
>>54711859
Traft didn't do anything leave him alone
>>
>>54718253
Traft is great in 1v1 where removing him becomes harder because there's only one player to do it.
>>
File: wasitoranekoruqueen.jpg (33KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
wasitoranekoruqueen.jpg
33KB, 265x370px
How do you build this /tg/?
>>
>>54719367
you don't
>>
>>54719367
dragon tribal and double strike
>>
>>54717744
> a wise choice friend
>>
>>54717744
No fow, I muligan.
>>
>>54717376
Post the full version
>>
>>54719367
Probably with double strike atarka, extra combats, and stax so they can't sac shit.
>>
>>54719775
As far as I know that is the full version
>>
>>54706127
And protean hulk+norin+purphoros
>>
>>54717376
Haha now I have stormfront riders and kor skyfisher! Prepare to get outvalued by infinite 2 mana 1/1 soldiers
>>
>>54720294
He's probably referring to the version with an empty table with the label "Legacy".
>>
File: 13643.jpg (39KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
13643.jpg
39KB, 223x310px
>>54704824
>>
>>54719367
Jund stax, gravepact and no mercy style cards surrounded by green ramp/lifegain and red damage boosters. Token doublers and sac outlets are needed.
>>
>>54720814
Dat flavor
>>
>>54717744
>Just built an Alesha deck with nothing but ETB/death token makers and tutors for Purphoros

Should I throw in Norin or is he too slow?
>>
>>54708354
That's just a saltmaiester. Don't let it get you down. You'd run into that in any format/game.
>>
>>54721078
Alesha is one of the few ways to make Norin actually deal combat damage. I'd say that's reason enough for inclusion. Also he's OK with Mentor of the Meek.
>>
>open a pack of HoD today
>get a scarab god
>it has a huge crease and a scratch on it

thanks wizards
>>
>>54708354
>got so salty he played monogreen in his ug deck
He was a fucking chump who knew what he was doing. He knew he needed the removal against you and begged you to let him put it in his command zone. Dont let it get to you, hes just a tryhard.
>>
Recently pulled a Locust God Invocation, so now I HAVE to build it.
Only thing I'm having problem with is what removal to add. I know that Vandalblast and Cyclonic Rift are auto-includes, but what else?
>>
File: Image (129).png (141KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (129).png
141KB, 223x311px
Even though its a Sorcery, do yall think this is worth a slot in R/W Voltron?
>>
>>54721208
Temur battlerage exists so no
>>
>>54721226
Its Kalemne.
>>
>>54721196
>og Ezuri
You're a dumbass.
>>
>>54721263
Oh i skimmed, sounds like you just got owned then.
>>
>>54721154
You might be able to get it traded for a new one from them if it was factory defective
>>
>>54721240
No, you want sigaurds aid and equipment. Jitte and kalmene can just end the game.
>>
File: Image (126).jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (126).jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>54721205
also consider Battle Hymn for a blast of R
>>
>>54721324
Shroud/War&Peace/Light&Shadow have turned me off from using Sigarda's as of late
>>
>>54721410
It's a good thing War and Peace is the second worst sword then.
>>
>>54721410
>using war and peace in kalemne at all
You should be playing sigaurdas in boros with swords instead of giving your commander shroud from you. Flashing batterskull/skullclamp/jitte can win the game and playing the bad swords is a waste of mana and money. Also crash through doesnt work with shroud, sword of war and peace, and sword of fire and ice. It also can be countered if trample matters while your sfm can cheat in your swords.
>>
>>54721557
>Also crash through doesnt work with shroud, sword of war and peace, and sword of fire and ice.
Wrong
>>
>>54721590
Oh excuse me i thought it was targeted, that still doesnt make it good.
>>
>>54718438
So it was banned in 1v1 because people can't bother to bring non targeted removal? He's a 2/2 for fuck's sake.
>>
>>54721606
Most removal is targeted. The stuff that isn't is usually sac-based or huge wipes
>>
>>54721410
>one card in the 99 is perfect for the deck, but it doesn't work well with another card so I won't run it
Don't do this. Play Sigarda's Aid and just play around the shroud/pro-white downsides if they come up.
>>
>>54721606
He's rarely just a 2/2 though. You play him as voltron with swords and other auras/equipment backed by tempo spells. It's insanely powerful in 1v1.
>>
>>54721606
He's a 2/2 with hexproof that keeps on coming back
>>
>>54721968
>>54721606
He seems like a creature that only Blue would have a problem dealing with 1v1.
>>
>the fourth 2017 precon is Wizards
>not Rogues

What are your competitive strats for dealing with crippling, unfathomable sadness, /edhg/?
>>
spoilers fucking when
>>
>>54722186
SPOILERS WHEN
>>
>>54722157
Crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentation of their women: Bust out that one deck that dominates your playgroup and mercilessly destroy.
>>
>>54722157
by not beleiveing something i want will be in this set.

this set was reveled dragons, cats, then vampires. it was clear they were going for a safe and casul creature types. what made you think the last one was anything but wizards?
>>
New thread!

>>54722335
>>54722335
>>54722335
>>54722335
>>
>>54722312
I figured it wouldn't be Rogues from the Ixalan leak just because they made the Pirate creature type instead of making them Rogues.
>>
>>54719367
Like every Dragon Deck. Mono Red Dragons with the other colors splashed.
>>
>>54704136
Iv used it in multiple decks, Iv used it in Kruphix and Riku, soon im gonna use it in my Damia. My group when I drop it basically groan a bit but all agree that it at least they can see each others hands and can expect when someones gonna go off soon or when our mono blue player has counters open. So they all are content to leave it alone for the most part.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.