[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slaanesh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 244
Thread images: 20

File: slaanesh.png (13KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
slaanesh.png
13KB, 500x500px
What's happening with Slaanesh, /tg/?

First she was captured and demoted in AoS, now in 40k there's an eldar god who's planning to destroy her...

Do you think GW are planning to do away with Slaanesh? If so, why? Why her specifically?

If not, what do you think is the future of Slaanesh in AoS and 40k lore?
>>
Fan theory says Ynnead is a Slaanesh avatar and everyone's being played for fools.
>>
>>54693885
I doubt that's the case... that sounds more like something Tzeentch would do
>>
>>54693867
>she
>>
>>54694179
She has the girliest set of dicks ever
>>
Dont really care anymore, the fluff have boiled down to "lul! chaoz did it xD xD xD"
>>
>>54693949
Actuality Ynnead is Slaanesh's true bother. They were gestating in the Warp since the start of creation. Slaanesh was born first but Ynnead was lazy to be born so he kept slumbering in the Warp wound a bit longer. He is not partially awakening and readying himself to exit the womb.
>>
>>54693867
Slaanesh is being reborn in the mortal realms in 40k, now that Abaddon has provided him a suitable vessel she can enjoy the pains and pleasures of the flesh.
>>
GW is making their franchise more family friendly.

They have always been in a good position where 40k looks fairly wholesome from the outside(good space heroes fight evil aliens), with the more adult stuff being more obscure.

The more popular they become that won't work anymore.

They are removing things that would make parents uncomfortable, the tranny goddess of sex drugs and rock and roll is high on this list.

Sisters will probably drop the bdsm nun theme and become generic female space heroes or get replaced

The whole religious aspect to the imperium is getting downplayed with guileman.

They are remaking both eldar factions , dark eldar especially have to go

Expect less nuanced villans, the whole zombie nurgle focus makes sense

To predict what changes will co.e next Imagine your typical blue state and red state parents guess what in 40k will make either of them uncomfortable
>>
>>54694405
Much as I hate it, this is right
>>
>>54694405
They should just up front sell toys instead of a hobby.
>>
>>54694421
Yeah it was great while it lasted, now it's going to be Disney star wars
>>
>>54694454
They basically do,btheybhave long said they are a model company not a gaming company
>>
>>54694454
It didn't work out for Rackham, so I imagine that GW is going to stick to plastic kits as it is more profitable for them.
>>
>>54694405
Fuck... that's just sad.

Part of what makes 40k awesome is how it's both edgy and ironically edgy at the same time (kind of like Judge Dredd). Removing that edge would just turn it into another Star Wars / Star Trek / Dr. Who
>>
>>54694270
I'm going to fucking laugh when Eldar spawn a 2nd fucking chaos god and BTFO themselves again
>>
>>54694405
Truly we live in the end times.
>>
Damn guys... this is sad to hear. Slaanesh was one of my favorites, and not just because lolboobs
>>
>>54694584
Hsenaals, chaos god of abstinence
>>
>>54694421
It's actually not at all, but keep memeing.
>>
>>54694405
GW have been determinedly marketing 40K to 11-13 year olds for close to two decades now. Unlike US companies, GW knows that controversy sells. If their products get banned from stores in some sparsely-populated Bible Belt states the boost in sales from the controversy would more than make up for it.

Slaanesh is going nowhere
>>
>>54695283
So what is the truth?
>>
>>54695318
That the setting is continuing much the same was as ever, only now we get HH Primarch wank.
>>
no one has posted the SC slaanesh daemons yet, shockingly

>imblying that squatting slaany doesn't mean they don't want to sell off their stocks
>>
>>54695314
>Slaanesh is going nowhere
Slaanesh has literally disappeared
>dumbass rat god is taking xir place (despite basically being a Nurgle-Tzeentch hybrid)
>Eldar are working on a god that will either fuck chaos up or be another chaos god
Face it anon, they're getting rid of Slaanesh
>>
>>54695391
>Face it anon, they're getting rid of Slaanesh

If that were true then why wouldn't they have done so already? They've not been lacking in opportunity.
>>
>>54693867
They're Brits, they hate tits.
>>
>>54693885
>the last god we made keeps eating our souls so lets make a new god who also eats our souls and looks just like slaanesh. . . fug
t. aeldari
>>
>>54695283
I>>54695314

Look at what happened with AOS the parralels with nu40k are obvious

11-13year olds don't control their own finances, and most parents on buy their children toys that make them uncomfortable.

More then Bible thumpers get turned off by 40k, my very liberal mother thought it objectified women

In the end GW doesn't care about creating a quality unique IP, they want to sell models and mass market appeal will help them do that
>>
So lets say the people who think slaanesh is on the way out are right, what does that mean for all the rumors that fulgrim is the next for a daemon prince model after morty?
>>
>>54695574
>Look at what happened with AOS the parralels with nu40k are obvious

What happened with Age of Sigmar? Do you actually know?
>>
>>54694216
That might be the most Slaaneshi sentence I've ever come across.
>>
>>54695391
Fake news, isn't slaanesh back in AoS already?
>>
>>54695615
It became less nuanced and morally grey

From grimdark to Noble dark
>>
>>54695684
>It became less nuanced and morally grey

No it didn't.
>>
>>54695700
Yes it did

Imperium of Man is becoming the Good Guys and not just the theorcratic fascists who happen to be human

And they are allying with the eldar - who are becoming noble elves, instead in inscrutable alien dickheads who would burn a human world to save a single eldar life
>>
>>54694405
>The tranny godess of dex drugs

Slaanesh is the god of excess, you and neckbeards like you that see nothing "DUDE LMAO DIDDIES AND SEX" in it is just plain sad. You're the reason it would ever get squatted. Slaanesh is so much more than that, Annandale made a masterful of that in Warden of the Blade, never resorting to sex or drugs to picture the fall of 2 mortals, both trying to help the Imperium with the best intentions but going too far.

Everything you said has yet to pass. The only point that MIGHT be valid is Guiliman trying to get less of he Ecclesiarchy in his business, and that's not GW trying to appeal to american soccer moms you mong, that's Guiliman acting In Character, as according to his fluff. And even then, it's not true at all considering DI has him playing along with the Church, knowing it can be useful, and admitting that the Emperor may actually be a God.
In addition, The fac that GS has SEVERAL GODDAMN CRUSADES in it is surely a sign GW wants to downplay the religious aspect right? And so are Celestine's multiple recent featurings, using DIVINE POWER and showing the power of faith and whatnot, I am sure! Definitely GW getting atheist all right

Surely the Reivers being terror troups disembowling foes and being raving madmen is also a move towards more family friendliness right?

>Dark Eldar have to go
And your proofs are? Your ass?

Jesus fuck you doomsayers and shitposters are a bane onto this word I swear to god. The ONLY notable difference is that the Imperium is now used as the proper "good guys". Before it was a hellhole because of multiple issues, notably internal ones, now it's a hellhole because of the Enemies, and there's hope for the Imperium. That's it. That's fucking it. No faction removal or change of its core, no matter what you want to see.
>>
>>54695574
This has been going on for ages. Just look at the Tau. They're just flat out good guys. Dawn of War made some attempt to make them grimdark with the whole sterilisation thing, but GW just said fuck it. They're good, naive dudes who want to include everyone in their huggy bear empire of love and progress. Hell, space marines have been retconned to fully be rowboat's athiest marines of reason and progress, and the Imperium as a whole will soon follow.
>>
>>54695763
Space Marines haven't believed the Emperor to be a good since 4th edition you mong. It was.a major point of conflict for them and the Ecclesiarchy, particularly the Sisters of Battle
>>
>>54695769
That's the thing though, there should be no hope in 40k. Everything is fucked, comically so, tongue in cheek. Making the setting serious and good vs bad is a stupid thing to do.
>>
>>54695763
>Imperium of Man is becoming the Good Guys

They have always been the good guys in comparison to their enemies and they're no more good guy than they've traditionally been.

>And they are allying with the eldar

That's always happened in big events.

>who are becoming noble elves

The only change in the Eldar is the Ynnari, and they're deviant soul vampires who worship the god of death.
>>
>>54695769

>Slaanesh is the god of excess, you and neckbeards like you that see nothing "DUDE LMAO DIDDIES AND SEX" in it is just plain sad
>being this fucking new

Slaanesh has ALWAYS been DRUG SEX ROCK AND ROLL, from it's fucking inception. The perfection/generic excess stuff is basically new fluff to attempt to round it out
>>
>>54695478
Tell that to Page 3... oh wait.
>>
GW is being transphobic and removing transgender characters to appeal to alt-right frogposter nazis.
>>
>>54695874
This is how we save Slaanesh. Brilliant.
>>
>>54695314
It's not just the US market, there are probably places where it's just not legal to sell models with tits.
>>
>>54695769
>Slaanesh is the god of excess, you and neckbeards like you that see nothing "DUDE LMAO DIDDIES AND SEX" in it is just plain sad.
Slaanesh is the god of excess, that often manifested as sex, drugs and rock-n-roll. Sure, it can be done without those, just like you can have rock-n-roll without sex and drugs. But usually, those go hand-in-hand.

>You're the reason it would ever get squatted.
You phrased it slightly wrong, YOU will be the reason GW disneyfies their universe!

btw, I'm not the anon you're responding to
>>
>>54693867
>>54694179

>Not alternating pronouns
Did you just assume his/her gender?
>>
>>54695769
I like your reasoning.
>>
>>54695829
Oh I'm not saying it is. That's to each to decie wether or not they like it. But that's a cha ge in the writer's point of view on how the setting should be. I feel like they want to turn down the grimdarkness a bit after the grimderp stage of 6-7th ed.
It's not GW trying to appeal to soccer moms like the other anon was saying.
>>
>>54695656
It's captured and demoted in favor of a fucking rat. Its followers still exist out there , but that's it
>>
>>54695942
>just like you can have rock-n-roll without sex and drugs

No you can't.

You can have Christian rock without those, but as with women's leagues in sports, if you have to qualify it, it's not the real thing.
>>
>>54695769
So if GW goes full retard and squats Slaanesh, it's not because of any actually logical reason, it's to spite some neckbeard on 4chan who likes tiddy too much. Gotcha.
>>
>>54695973
It's a D&D rulebook "she"
>>
>>54695769
>Slaanesh is the god of excess, you and neckbeards like you that see nothing "DUDE LMAO DIDDIES AND SEX" in it is just plain sad. You're the reason it would ever get squatted. Slaanesh is so much more than that, Annandale made a masterful of that in Warden of the Blade, never resorting to sex or drugs to picture the fall of 2 mortals, both trying to help the Imperium with the best intentions but going too far.
You didn't explain why in your opinion they're removing Slaanesh, though. We all know Slaanesh is more than just "tiddies and sex", doesn't mean we can't stereotype her/him/it like that
>>
>>54696035
>>54696078
My whole point is that GW ISN'T removing Slaanesh you silly cunts. Anon made a "GW IS DYING YOU GUYZ!!!1!"-tier post, and it annoys me greatly.
Worst thing is, of all the Gods, there's only Khorne that I like, and Slaanesh is the one I hate the most, but I can stand retards spouting bullshit even less.
>>
>>54696177
>I can stand retards spouting bullshit even less.

Why do you come here then?
>>
>>54695769
>Surely the Reivers being terror troups disembowling foes and being raving madmen is also a move towards more family friendliness right?
Parents don't care about violence, it's sex that causes issues. Showing someone being disemboweled is fine as long as no breasts are in view to warp childrens fragile minds.
>>
"Nerd culture" is mainstream now.

And everything mainstream must never anger the two almighty Moral Guardians: the conservative Soccer Mom, and the progressive Feminist Activist. They usually disagree on a lot of things, but both happen to utterly hate any display of sexually appealing females. So if a company wants to be spared of the Moral Guardians' wrath, that's usually the first thing to go. Just look at other "nerd media": video games, comics, even animation.

And while Slaanesh and her daemonettes are not always exactly female, and gratuitous sexuality is quite in-character for them, GW prefer to be safe than sorry.
>>
>>54696177
>hates Slaanesh
>defends GW
Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>54696222
Can't find a sexy Sororitas to whip so I come here to hurt myself, my dear.
>>
>>54696261
Ah yes, you got me, I'm a GW employee, my oh my, my disguise is no more!
Also, fo to your nearest shop to get the nice new models! They're awesome and guaranteed 100% family friendly and 0% sex!
>>
>>54696230
True. Conservative parents love violence because it's their god-given right to bear arms and murder stuff and whatnot. Liberal parents love violence, if there are enough strong independent women murdering stuff alongside the men.

On the other hand, conservative parents hate sexy daemonettes because looking at them is sinful and corrupts the youth into perverts, and liberal parents hate sexy daemonettes because it's mysogynistic and corrupts the youth with toxic masculinity.
>>
>>54696280
Nah, you're not a GW employee, you're just a fag who hates Slaanesh so much he'll defend GW squatting them.
>>
>>54696331
This is why Khorne will never be on the chopping block even the hypothetical one, the excess violence of the series will never be a problem.
>>
>>54696351
Learn to read you dumb fuck. I argue that they're no squatting it and that anon is being a paranoid fuck when he sees GW becoming more family friendly or some bullshit like that.
>>
File: sig7.jpg (193KB, 800x553px) Image search: [Google]
sig7.jpg
193KB, 800x553px
Slaanesh mortals > deamons
>>
>>54695574
>>54695769

There is a difference between crusading against demons and having inquisitors kidnap, torture people and commit genocide at the slightest hint of heresy

GW is a toy company and the biggest consumer of toys are children

Selling to children means selling to parents

Also 40k memes are used by the alt-right and GW probably wants to distance from them

Parents are still going to hate it but they won't consider it taboo

The violence isn't an issue because it's never shown

In a tabletop game when an ork takes a bolter to the chest I can imagine him clutching his wound and falling over or getting his torso blown apart

No one cares if the recipient of violence is an alien or demon
>>
>>54696438
>Also 40k memes are used by the alt-right and GW probably wants to distance from them
Ah yes, the Pepe effect
>>
File: trmp.jpg (344KB, 700x720px) Image search: [Google]
trmp.jpg
344KB, 700x720px
>>54696515
not pepe
>>
>>54696438
>Also 40k memes are used by the alt-right and GW probably wants to distance from them
This is true. When I see people who have no idea what 40k is talking about "God emperor Trump", I think that GW is probably looking at how to keep their products disassociated from contemporary real-world political factions.
>>
>>54696331
>Liberal parents love violence, if there are enough strong independent women murdering men.

FTFY
>>
>>54696534
I can deal with the wings. Wings are common. 1/3
I can deal with the olive branch, its been around for a while. 2/3.

But the arrows? and all 3 in the same image?
3/3. Ive seen less evidence that gravity exists. Every movie with a prophecy had less evidence than this. Zeratul didn't kill Kerrigan over less evidence than this.
Trump truly must be emperor.
>>
>>54695834
Imperium are the bad guys.

The most humane races are the necrons and tyrands.

If they kill all the people, they save the universe
>>
>>54696665
By that logic the janitor cleaning that wall is the god emperor too.
>>
>>54697009
>>54696534
>>54696665
So, if we accept that he is the Miracle Man, how do we get him to his island?
>>
>>54693867
Slaanesh is being dropped so parents don't have to worry about their kids seeing sexual stuff. It's just Gee Dubs trying to open up their stuff to more people.
>>
>>54693867
>she
>>
File: daemonsofsl.png (1MB, 1151x604px) Image search: [Google]
daemonsofsl.png
1MB, 1151x604px
If Slaanesh was being dropped why would they have released the Start Collecting Daemons of Slaanesh box last month.
>>
>>54696609
Well of course, if a good-looking white woman is in danger it's a national tragedy; chopping dudes into pieces is mindless fun though
>>
>>54697541
Because Slaanesh plays an important role in the event prior to her squatting.

They want to milk all the $$$ they can out of Slaanesh before she/he/it gets squatted.
>>
>>54697436
see >>54694216
>>
>>54697541
Limited edition only available while supplies last goyim
>>
>>54696331
The good ol Horseshoe Theory strikes again.
>>
>>54695154
I will fight you.
>>
>>54697541

>what is the End Times
>>
>>54696003
And those followers are bringing Slaanesh back. There's a reason no one takes the Rat seriously.
>>
File: e56.jpg (45KB, 689x602px) Image search: [Google]
e56.jpg
45KB, 689x602px
>>54696764
>Space mummies and bugs are the most human
>When actual humans that exibit every triumph and flaw of humanity are already a major faction.
>>
>>54695652
That guy gets Slannesh on a level that few of us can.
>>
>>54693867
with Trannies going mainstream, a gender bending chaos god is A) no longer edgy and B) potentially offensive to people who insist gender is just a social construct.
>>
>>54696558
The sad thing is, many people don't get the irony when they cheer for "God-Emperor Trump."
>>
>>54699209
Tranny here just wanting to be clear its only SJWs who give a shit about offence.
>>
>>54695769
>Slaanesh is the god of excess, you and neckbeards like you that see nothing "DUDE LMAO DIDDIES AND SEX" in it is just plain sad.

This argument comes up time and again, and as always, sex drugs and rock and roll are the only niche Slaanesh has. You say "excess is more then that!" but you like everyone else can't provide any actual tangible aesthetics and abilities that fall under that umbrella and don't also step on the toes of the other Gods.
>>
>>54699311
Were you born with access to the tranny hivemind, or did the HRT attune your pineal gland to it?
>>
>>54699414
I want to do fat marines when I get a shitton of money and green stuff. They're all hugely obese looking like the hedonist robot from futurama, armour splitting at the seams, armour adorned with little robot legs to carry them, bolt pistol in one hand and chicken leg in the other.
>>
>>54694216
desu
>>
When you were kids, did your parents take any interest in the 40k fluff? LMAO
>>
>>54699473
sensible_chuckle.jpg
>>
>>54699311
>Tranny here
fuck off
>>
>>54699724
I love it when you're rough with me daddy
>>
>>54699414
Elegance, Beauty, one-on-one Sword-Duels, precision, speed. Music and Art.
Pushed to Excessive Perfection like its OCD

Thats alot of SFW and PC Stuff that has nothing on other gods, perhaps the Dueling part to Khorne but Khorne doesnt care if its a Duel as long as some heads get smashed

Heresy Emperor's Children are Perfect for Slaanesh,

GW easily could pull it off with Fulgrim Returning and bringing his Legion Back in line, to become less like Raiding Rape-Pirates and more like a Legion Obsessed with their twisted Idea of Perfection killing everything that is "ugly" in their Eyes.
>>
>>54695769
Slaanesh is based on the libertines of old. While sex wasn't their main purpose, it sure played an important role. Same with Slaanesh. Excess =/= sex, sex and just sex. But you can't have excess without sex.

>>54700765
>GW easily could pull it off with Fulgrim Returning and bringing his Legion Back in line, to become less like Raiding Rape-Pirates and more like a Legion Obsessed with their twisted Idea of Perfection killing everything that is "ugly" in their Eyes.
That's a cool idea actually.
>>
>>54700765
>>54699414

For Abilities that don't step on any other Gods territory,

Shooting is something no other God focusses on Khorne is Assault,Tzeentch magic, Nurgle Resilience.

Slaanesh could have (already do with Noise Marines and the new stratagem) the best Shooting Phase of each Chaos Gods. Could Sculpt Daemonettes with Harps and Violins that attack with Sound as shooting too.

Movement Shenanigans, like falling back and charging or being so fast they dodge Overwatch, being harder to hit after running/advancing, stuff like that

Beguilement, Making it harder to hit or lowering Leadership.

You don't need a single Breast to represent what most people like about Slaanesh, If you feel like Slaanesh would be stealing too much from what the Dark Eldar do, The Dark Eldar literally created slaanesh so it makes sense
>>
>>54700765
Actually what is the latest fluff on Fulgrim? I read his fight with Guilliman in DI but that was set just after the Heresy, is there anything more recent in the 40K timeline involving him in any significant way?
>>
>>54700921
>You don't need a single Breast to represent what most people like about Slaanesh
I agreed with everything you wrote until that part
>>
>>54700931
He's mad that Guilliman got back up and has vowed to corrupt him for Slaanesh.
>>
>>54695652
*That* is the most Slaaneshi sentence you've seen on /tg/? Girly, multi-dicked she-males?

You can't have been coming here very long.
>>
>>54701054
Im not against Bare-chested Daemonettes at all
(I own about 80 Diaz Daemonettes 100 if you count the Seekers)

It is just something that isnt absolutely neccessary. Could go with Sexy Daemonettes with more clothes. Witch Elves arent Naked but still nice looking.

Think of it on how Higher-Ranking/more experienced Daemonettes would wear more clothes because they dont need as much exposure to Seduce someone. And with slaanesh growing in Power so their Minions do
>>
>>54695874
>not an attempt to eject frogposter 40k fans by removing an unwholesome and un-PC themed villain
>implying free love could ever be evil

I find it very funny really, sometimes you can portray the same activity as two very different extremist narratives.
>>
>>54694584
Tbh, that's something that would happen. Ynnead is too filled with hope to last long in 40k.
>>
>>54695861
the fact that they're moving away from the drug and rock and roll pissed me off. Downplay the sex. Give cultists with mowhawks, lobster claws and leather getups.
>>
>>54701102
Well, that's like saying Khorne's theme of violence doesn't need blood and gore. Sure, you could have a family friendly version of Khorne, but it would not be as full and evocative and the bloody and gory one.

Same with Slaanesh and sex. Sex is an important part of human desires and of many luxurious lifestyles. So the theme of excess wouldn't be as full and impressive if it was unexplainably omitted.
>>
File: IMG_6769.gif (859KB, 811x541px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6769.gif
859KB, 811x541px
>>54694270
It would make sense. In AOS, there's an image of a wheel with the big 4 chaos god's symbols, where slaanesh has some weird sigil I've never seen may be horned rat, maybe not. My guess is that they're going to replace slaanesh in both settings, and introduce crone world eldar and shadow aelves in the process.
>>
>>54701345
>Downplay the sex.
Why tho?
>>
>>54701345
>rock and roll / rock / punk aesthetic
>downplay the sex
u wot m8
>>
>>54701179
I could easily see it being some god of vengeance or hopelessness or something
>>
>>54695769
This

Neckbeards are just being too fucking paranoid about someone taking away their toys.
>>
>>54700765
>>54700921

Nice to see people who actually understand the fluff here. There is so much potential for coolness in Slaanesh.

Personally, I wouldnt be surprised if Emperor's children got the same treatment as Thousand Sons and Death Guard
>>
>>54702592
Well they already took Slaanesh away in AoS, so it's justified
>>
>>54702757
They both did and didn't.
>>
>>54702592
A rather weird simile to be used on a board dedicated to people being passionate about literal toys.
>>
So what's this I'm being told about a new Slaaneshi Eldar faction?
>>
File: IMG_2995.jpg (639KB, 2500x1870px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2995.jpg
639KB, 2500x1870px
>>54694405
As much as it hurts, I fear this to be true. Our high gothic hellscape may one day become a noblebright medieval-sequel paradise
>>
>>54702936
Some people are saying that it's a slaanesh trick, and that the Yncarne is a slaanesh daemon, cus it kinda looks like one.

That's about as deep as the theory runs.
>>
>>54702592
What's wrong about not wanting to have your toys taken away?
>>
>>54693867
>>54694179
It's "xir," shitlords.
>>
>>54694405
>>54695391
>>54695574
>>54695763
Do you people have the slightest bit of evidence to back any of that up? Not opinions...evidence?

And saying "look what happened to Fantasy" isn't evidence. Fantasy got Sigmar'd because it was dying, sales were not just flat but dwindling, which has not been the case with 40k. And as for Slaanesh, she is a core part of the 40k mythology and a fantastic avatar of corruption and temptation. Getting rid of him in a vain attempt to appeal to reactionary brainlets sounds like a sure-fire way to lose money.
>>
>>54704400
Well I don't think there is any hard evidence.
Just speculation from them basically dropping support for slaanesh, and general themes pushing towards more family friendly things.

They are at an all time high with popularity and profit. They would see this, and knowing what American parents are like, try to tone down on the sexual themes.

The people pointing out AoS aren't saying that 40k is going to be overhauled or anything, but that Slaanesh has been basically already squatted in that universe, and replaced with a rat god.
>>
Slaanesh models are fucking ugly anyway, and not in a good way
>>
>>54704400
No they dont and they've literally been arguing the point for years.
GW has only just started to support the more specific gods armies recently in an actual army sense. Look to the Tzeentch release for sigmar/40k. Anyone who argues 'where are the models?' needs to check out how old half the chaos sculpts are in 40k.
>>
File: 1489340587152.png (29KB, 800x676px) Image search: [Google]
1489340587152.png
29KB, 800x676px
>thread about slaanesh
>no one's mentioned how they think slaanesh is doing in 8th so far

so, anyone doing mono slaanesh in 8th? i'm finding that i really lack in staying power but getting in assault faster is nice. exalted chariots while nice don't put out enough damage now (i miss my 5d6 hammer attacks) and i need to get better at protecting the keeper. how is slaanesh doing for you guys in 8th?
>>
>>54704519
>They would see this, and knowing what American parents are like, try to tone down on the sexual themes
Again, trying to appease reactionary brainlets is a losers' game. They won't buy anything 40k unless GW converts it into literal "Space Jesus vs the The Forces Of Evil."

>Slaanesh has been basically already squatted in that universe, and replaced with a rat god.
Yeah, but that's AoS, a rather different setting going in a different direction.

>>54704967
>No they dont and they've literally been arguing the point for years
I've noticed. They saw what happened to Fantasy and fear the same thing happening to 40k but it really doesn't make monetary sense for GW to do that. You fix things that are broken, not break things that are fixed.
>>
>>54705237
It's not for them, it's for their kids.
If they see their kid wants to get into 40, they'll look at what it's about.
If they find out one of the gods is a god of sex, and there is a whole army of naked female demons, they'll close their wallets faster than you can blink

I don't agree with them trying to appeal to these people, since I have a slaanesh CSM army, but I can't say I blame them when I look at it from the perspective of GW.
They are in a great position, and they don't want to risk driving people away with the sexual overtones of it, especially when slaanesh is the least popular of the 4 gods anyway.
>>
>>54705661
Tits are on tv in the UK at 11pm and bible thumpers make up small numbers of any hobby industry. The other people who would complain make up barely a larger number then the thumpers.

Parents actually dont give a shit about what the game their kid is playing about, so long as that game keeps that kid from interfering with Mommy and Daddy "drink drink, fuck fuck" time. The parents who do complain are for the most part single, bored with their lifes, dull ass, women who would most likely find something else to throw a fit at but today their kid asked "Can i go into Games Workshop."

All-in-all, small numbers.

Go back to the grave Gulli...
>>
>>54701345
>lobster claws
I've never understood this. What the hell does lobster claws have to do with the god of exess? Shouldn't there be a better way to represent the god of exess
>>
>>54706605
Translation has been lost over the years. They aren't, suppose, to be lobster claws but crab claws. Crabs have alot of symbolism that is shared Slaanesh. Also, truthfully, they are scorpion claws and people are just shit at art and scultping.
>>
>>54706069
>>54705661
>Bible belt parents
What about the feminists?
>>
>>54707546
Less feminist walk into hobby shops then the thumpers. Ask yourself, why would a feminist walk into a store full of boys/men ranging from 12-50.. Answer, they wouldn't. Feminists are a massivly vocal minority but a minority none the less
>>
>>54700921
>Shooting is something no other God focusses on

99% of all Tzeentch units, both daemons and Marines, are shooting-based and in fact are some of the best dakka units in the game. Also, Khorne is not "the god of assault". It doesn't matter to him whether you stab someone with a sword or shoot them from 50,000 miles away with the phalanx cannon of the ship you're a captain of- as long as you're shedding blood for the sake of warfare then you're empowering Khorne.

>Movement Shenanigans, like falling back and charging or being so fast they dodge Overwatch, being harder to hit after running/advancing, stuff like that

Already done.

>Beguilement, Making it harder to hit or lowering Leadership.

Already covered by Tzeentch and Nurgle. And deception and manipulation are hallmarks of Tzeentchian attributes.

So, we're back to square one. You have speed and sound, which are already implemented in Slaanesh rules (thus the "drugs and rock and roll). And nothing you've listed even refers to model aesthetics, just abilities.

Don't feel bad though, the same trouble you're having is what everyone has when trying to create a niche for Slaanesh that isn't sex drugs and rock n' roll.
>>
>>54694503
Awww Rackham. They had some of the coolest models.
>>
>>54707622
They don't usually walk into hobby shops or in fact buy hobby products – but they're quite influential in the media. And a company that tries to go big like GW can't afford bad press.
>>
File: 1481478562617.jpg (78KB, 600x555px) Image search: [Google]
1481478562617.jpg
78KB, 600x555px
>>54707622
Tell that to the superhero comic industry
>>
>>54708669
>[Unsolcited opinions on isreal]
This can't be real.
>>
>>54708873
Israel shouldn't exist.
>>
>>54708873
Oh but it is.
>>
>>54708946
That was an unsolicited opinion, anon.
>>
File: 1481484307641.jpg (719KB, 1192x1103px) Image search: [Google]
1481484307641.jpg
719KB, 1192x1103px
>>54708873
It sure is. And so is this
>>
>>54706605
Have you ever eaten lobster? They're excessively expensive.
>>
>>54695861
Sigvald the Magnificent disagrees with this.
>>
>>54694405
I hope you're wrong, but I fear you're right.
>>
>>54708046
>>54708669
Vocal minority, you guys dont read huh? You know what the vocal minority necer do, change anything. And comics are tied to film so thats not even comparable.

Back to /reddit/ with the Gulliman-loving, summerfags......
>>
>>54711261
>And comics are tied to film so thats not even comparable.
Lame excuse.
WH40k is tied to vidya which is a major industry nowadays
>>
>>54711318
Aint a excuse, it is fact.

And you just won me my argument by bringing in video games. Nothing sells better then a video game that parents hate or that is banned is some country (ex. Gta, Manhunt, et....) Bad press is still press, and more important, free marketing.

Honestly to, I bet you dont even know what Manhunt is...
>>
>>54711261
>You know what the vocal minority necer do, change anything.
Sure the vocal minority never forced TSR to rename D&D demons and devils, nope never happened
>>
>>54711438
Vidya sell better if it's the non-gaming press and conservative soccer moms hating it. However, if it's the more left-leaning gaming press, vidya companies (except for the Japs and Eastern Euros) prefer not to anger them.
>>
>>54711318
>>54711515
>Literally bringing up not only a topic from 30 years ago, but a company that hasnt been in buisness in 20 years.

This ain't 1980's kids, maybe that why you guys are having problems grasping this stuff....
>>
>>54711570
>This ain't 1980's
The only difference is that the influential vocal minority is different nowadays. It happened back then, it can happen again
>>
>>54711261
The vocal minority managed to change this variant cover, for example
>>
>>54711563
Go look at actual profit numbers for any game that has had controversey surronding it. Only place where sales dip is in places where these games are banned and, of course, there are no sales.

Again, missing the bigger point. From the beginning this has been about how all the whiners dont make up much enough of a demographic to impact sales, and they don't. Stop passing opinions off as facts..
>>
>>54711666
It's not related to sales. Not directly at least. It's related to corporate image.

When corporations rise above niche level and go mainstream, they like to maintain a certain public image. And they won't hesitate to change their products if they think it hurts their image.

Now, "we're so edgy soccer moms hate us!!!" can be considered positive for the corporate image (unless they're trying to be Disney). On the other hand, "that company full of neckbeards who hate women and minorities" is not what corporate would like to be associated with them.

So if there's a vocal enough minority that has influence in the media, it could force corporate to change their products accordingly, in an effort to maintain their public image. They don't even need to say anything, a lot of corporations would make those changes preemptively so as to prevent losses.

That's how it works. As for the sales, they might even suffer from that. See e.g. Marvel Comics whose sales have actually suffered from their attempts to appease the vocal minority (which was even acknowledged by Marvel themselves).
>>
File: 1shkbs.jpg (285KB, 500x1178px) Image search: [Google]
1shkbs.jpg
285KB, 500x1178px
>>54699286
This
>>
>>54695684
Fantasy has never been morally grey, old WFRP even had an honest-to-goodness one-axis alignment system for crying out loud.

The Empire in Fantasy was pretty much *never* depicted as being remotely as oppressive as the 40K Imperium - and Bretonnia is practically Lawful Good, as are the High Elves. Fantasy might be a grimy world where lots of bad shit happens but it's not a "morally grey" world - there is a right and a wrong there, it's just often very difficult to do the "right" thing, whereas in 40K literally every option to make one thing a little bit better makes everything else much worse and there is truly no "right" side.

AoS did a lot of shit but criticise it based on what actually happened, not on the basis of some fake version of the Old World you have in your head.
>>
>>54696558
>>54696438
How is removing/desexualizing Slaanesh and daemonettes related to the "God Emperor Trump" meme?
>>
>>54712167
I think they mean just the general 40k term of the "God Emperor" being spread to Trump kind of hurts its image by association. I am no Trump supporter but I feel the immediate labelling of a Trump supporter as some kind of Neo Nazi is obscene. Both candidates were pretty poor. Just one was lynched by the media.
>>
>>54711964
>powerless figurehead that the corrupt establishment use for their own questionable goals
Sounds about right
>>
>>54711835
Longer words and a essay and still the same thing you guys been saying.

That is how small time buisness works because the consumer can make or break them. Multimillion dollar companies are secure enough to not worry about the opinion of the consumer so long the company doesn't directly insult them.

I will give you a example and this is my final point. Not long ago, people at Peta and the rest of the animal activist community spoke out against the imagery of fur used on Gw models (ex. Space wolves, fantasy stuff, etc..) For about a week, flaming shit hit GW from a group of people who far outnumbered the sliver of feminists or soccer mom you talk about. What happened in the end? Are Space wolves taken off the shelves? No

GW is secure enough to make any design decision without severe repercussions from the consumer.

Slaanesh and his tit-armor ain't going anywhere she-boys..
>>
>>54711989
Aren't the serfs of of Bretonnia treated as objective shit and used as meat shields by the snooty and holier than thou nobles?
>>
>>54712261
Again, you seem either naive or willfully ignorant. You seem to assume that every controvesy is exactly the same in corporate's eyes.

PETA is a joke nowadays. In fact, being hated by PETA might give a boost to corporate image (unless, again, they're going for the Disneyesque "loved-by-everyone-ever" image).

On the other hand, progressive activists are not a joke, since American and Western European companies don't want their public image associated with "womanhating toxic manchildren". Japan and Eastern Europe seem to care much less. Back in the day, conservatives and fundies had the same effect, now they're more or less a joke. Feminist vocal minorities aren't a joke because corps fear they could ruin their public image. That's the reason you see some hobby corporations try to appease the feminist vocal minority, while not trying to appease PETA or fundies.

That's why Slaanesh is in danger of being squatted, and not e.g. Khorne or Space Wolves.
>>
>>54712431
>Opinions of a twenty year old sales representative

Progressive activist are the biggest joke dude. Stop talking to other twenty-something about how the world works, you guys got it wrong..
>>
>>54712672
He isn't wrong man. Companies and individuals have to be careful as feminists and other PC police are like rabid dogs. Its half right, its not insanely extreme as some people would imply but its still a bit of a sensitive area corporations would rather avoid.
>>
>>54712167
Games Workshop doesn't need any more reasons for people to associate it with embarrassing fringe creeps.
>>
>>54712672
Then tell me why nerd hobby companies keep lowkey phasing out sexually appealing imagery, and sometimes inserting feminist lingo – but not e.g. phasing out satanic imagery and inserting PETA ideology
>>
>>54712717
Which companies?
>>
>>54712672
>Lecturing people with sweeping statements that can't be proven true or false
>Can't into plural nouns

You want me to say you're a Russian so you can say "Look the Liberals see Russians everywhere." You're not fooling me. Nice try bucko.
>>
>>54712717
Ever think it is not the consumer doing it but... I don't know... People working there? Things just change dawg, it is life.

>>54712697
>>54712431
You guys sound like msnbc and cnn. Just verbally regurgitating what the media says. Most of the world actually doesn't think this way. You know who does, people with to much time on theirs hands. So.. all of us lol.
>>
>>54699785

OH BILLY
>>
>>54712837
Not Russian, sadly Canadian. So I see censorship more then alot of you in your countries, except Australia. And i am still saying what i am saying. Why? Cause it is fact. And i have given examples in the thread. Read.
>>
>>54712906
I don't even watch MSNBC and CNN but every company, as part of basic practice actually do think "How can we not cause a negative public backlash". No its not top priority but it is there.

>that projection

No its common sense. When you read it, you're seeing it as "OH MY GOD THE PC POLICE HAVE FULL CONTROL OVER US ALL" wheris what we are ACTUALLY saying is they have a rising and annoying influence which companies need to take into account.
>>
>>54712745
Video game companies, movie companies, comic companies, board game companies. Even cartoon companies (like, how in the Powerpuff Girls reboot they removed Ms. Bellum and flattened Ms. Keane's chest)

>>54712906
Things do change all the time, but change goes in many different ways when it happens organically. When there's a lot of almost simultaneous similar change that happens in a very specific way, it means there's a reason for it. As I'm not a believer in conspiracies, the most logical reason is corporate influence based on the relation between corporations' need to maintain public image and the media's ability to influence that.

Sure, some people working there want those changes to happen. But keep in mind that there got to be other employees who want something different, and those who just don't care. So there should be a reason why the opinions of the employees who want this specific direction of change suddenly became heard, and why their superiors suddenly started treating their vision as more valuable than, say, the employees who want more sexy gals.
>>
>>54693867

So ITT slaanesh is getting squatted because normies are triggered?
>>
>>54712965
>When you read it, you're seeing it as "OH MY GOD THE PC POLICE HAVE FULL CONTROL OVER US ALL" wheris what we are ACTUALLY saying is they have a rising and annoying influence which companies need to take into account.
Yeah I'm also tired of that strawman. Sure there are /pol/fags out there who actually believe that, but who cares about them
>>
>>54713116
More like, there's a possibility of Slaanesh getting squatted and/or retooled into a desexualized version, because GW is going mainstream and they don't want normie media to get triggered and ruin their mainstream image
>>
>>54695391
Yes, they're squatting slaanesh. That's why they just released a start collecting box for slaanesh.
>>
>>54713253
How can one be so clueless?
>>54697641
>>54697689
>>
>Khornate haters: The Thread

Emperor's Children Deamon prince's drinks Slaanesh's cum from Pussy flowers sprouting from cock trees in the new codex.

Ya, Slaanesh is getting squatted......
>>
>>54713514
Can i see where it says that?
>>
>>54712328
There's a huge difference between 'This world has good guys and bad guys, but sometimes people in the good guy territory act like assholes' and 'this is a terrible place to live, where most people are ground down by an oppressive state, but the only other option is getting eaten by various unpleasant creatures'.
Also, Sigmar's biggest problem isn't a shift in 'tone', or whatever; their big problem remains a failure to communicate anything about the setting in a useful way. (Yes, yes, it's very nice that the battletomes and the novels fill more in about the world; in 40k, I just have to look in the main rulebook to get the 101 on the setting, would have been so fucking hard for you guys to do?)
>>
>>54712208
> immediate labelling of a Trump supporter as some kind of Neo Nazi is obscene
The average Trump voter (who is now starting to regreet that vote), sure. But the true believers, the /ptg/ types really are wanna-be Nazis and freely admit it when they have anonymity. Fuck 'em. Let them suffer watching their father-surrogate's treason catch up to him.
>>
>>54693885
Personal theory of mine is that since Slaanesh is the first 'natural born Eldar god' There's Necron fluff saying that the 'first' Eldar gods were just warp constructs made by the Old Ones to help keep the Eldar in check iirc, Ynnead is 2nd 'naturally born Eldar god', giving the Eldar two 'natural gods' just like the Krorks/Orks have.

Way I figure, Ynnead is the Gork to Slaanesh's Mork (One eats your soul when your alive, the other one eats it when you die). Then again, I might be slightly misinterpreting how the 'currently unborn' Ynnead functions as a god, so... meh.
>>
>>54713876
But 'SlaaneshaYnneada' is a fucking mouthful, anon.
The game's gonna need a better name.
>>
>>54712965
Well said anon. The 'PC police' stuff does happen on a small scale and it does suck. (A lady at my work got my colleague fired because he told a bad joke over after-work drinks; the guy has two kids; she acted so vindicated and happy afterwards and everyone's on guard since she's visibly itching to do it again.) But that's all it is - a sucky trend that's already on the wane - not this Orwellian monstrous conspiracy.
>>
>>54713944
Neshaneeda works.
>>
>>54712208
Amusingly, when I was at my local GW shop a couple weeks back myself and a couple of players diverted into a quick tangent on the whole Trump/'God Emperor' thing...

Apparently the meme now is that Trump is Guilliman, and "he is going to build a wall and make Chaos pay for it!" (to the point some players are actually green-stuffing Guilliman's head to look like the Donald).

After that the group went back to watching me table the Space Wolf player my boyz were currently up facing, since we're all here to play 40k/Sigmar, not discussing real-life politics.
>>
>>54713960
I approve!!
Uh...what's the game about? Stealing slaves? Warring over a rediscovered maiden world?
>>
>>54713944
>Slaanesha
Aw hell naw
>>
File: Zaraknyel.png (431KB, 768x730px) Image search: [Google]
Zaraknyel.png
431KB, 768x730px
>>54705222
I have been running the named Forgeworld Keeper. Shits insane yo.
>>
>>54713954
>that's already on the wane
Is it really? More like, on the rise
>>
>>54705222
Also, you suffer against anything that can fall back and still shoot. Seekers have stupid range, so I find that running noise marines instead of Deamonettes is better, since they provide the range needed, while filling the troop slots.
>>
>>54707813

except that youre wrong,
But its probably been Bait the whole time anyway

Even if Speed is Slaaneshs only Rule-Domain it hardly is out of potential
there isnt hardly anything in the rules implemented that let ACTUALLY let slaanesh manipulate Movement and SPeed by letting units do stuff like dodging Overwatch or getting hit worse when they run/advance, or fall back and charge again. At best they get advance+charge or strike first in combat, there is much more desing Space left here and seriously more possibility that Khorne will ever have rules wise.

Beguilement has nothing to do with the deception Tzeentch does either. Not Wanting to step on the flower because of its Beauty and being mind-controlled into not stepping on Flowers is different. While there isnt anything I have seen that Lowers Leadership except Slaanesh and some generic Chaos with the exception of the Nurgle-Icon in 8th edition.

The (Forgeworld) Keeper Of Secrets and Slaanesh Psychic Powers actually work all around the Leadership of enemies or their Will to fight something neither other God really does

There also isnt anything wrong with Slaanesh's Aesthetic its supposed to be Lithe and Adorned With Mirrors Flayed Skin golden-ornamental Flowers etc.Which is has got not less on Nurgles Deliberate Fat and Uglyness, Khornes-Angry Berserkerdogs-ness and Tzeentch Eldritch-Bird-Fires

Like Seriously how is Nurgle better than Slaanesh to you in aestethic and Rules.
His whole Design has never gone further than We're Fat, Ugly, Rotten and Smile. Mortarion being the only exception unless his new Model made him THICC

Slaanesh works great with anything that is Baroque or Byzantine in Desing for example. Stormcast Eternals are the perfect Start for Slaanesh Chaos Warriors for example
>>
File: loc1_1100x.jpg (56KB, 716x850px) Image search: [Google]
loc1_1100x.jpg
56KB, 716x850px
>>54714130
getting this nice 3rd Party Keeper of Secrets to use as Zarakynel soon.

How did you fare against stuff like Gulliman or Magnus with Zara?
>>
>>54714212
Right against Guilliman, Guilliman is not the issue. I was having to play against Hellblaster cheese. I massacred 2 thirds of his forces, but his librarian got Null field off and the remaining 5 hellblasters slaughtered me. If Zara gets into combat, especially if you get fiends into combat as well, then whatever you are fighting is dead within 2 rounds. Wraithknight, warhound titan, imperial knight, all dead. But the moment you get fucking hellblasters anywhere near to you, gg.
>>
>>54714122
Slaanesha is a strong black Chaos God(dess) who don't need no Ynnead
>>
>>54714212
Magnus I did not play against, but it is all a case of getting into combat. Hiding behind buildings then sprinting over the top of them thanks to Lissom Terror
>>
>>54714152
I believe you can't Run Noise Marines as Troops unless your entire Detachment has the <Emperor's Children> Keyword
>>
>>54714332
Oh yeah, I haven't run it yet, I was using Daemonettes for my game. But Slaanesh marines would do fine. you just need something tough to hold down the line and throw some shots down range.
>>
File: 1300999117557.jpg (33KB, 598x448px) Image search: [Google]
1300999117557.jpg
33KB, 598x448px
>>54696438
>GW is a toy company and the biggest consumer of toys are children
Ah yes. My game store is flooded with 8 year olds who can't wait to use exacto-knives & super glue to put together their choking hazards. They also can't get enough of the unpainted models, kids love that shit!
I can't tell you how many children I've gone up against that have planned out their armies.
No, you idiot. Little kids want pre-colored action figures they can smash around. Buildin shit has to be as simple as lego or it's too much for them.
>>
>>54713876
I think that makes a lot of sense. And the idea is that Ynnead is a gestalt of eldar souls, so dead eldar basically do get eaten by Ynnead I think. But there's certainly some connection here, Ynnead wouldn't look so much like Slaanesh for no reason.
>>
What I'm getting from this thread is it's a good time to play Slaanesh.

Cool. I might just assemble the Noise Marines I've had in my draw for years.
>>
File: Yncarne.png (461KB, 1080x214px) Image search: [Google]
Yncarne.png
461KB, 1080x214px
>>54714404
Ynnead is said to be Slaanesh's sibling. Ynnead claims Eldar souls but he supposedly allows them to to be reborn in a cycle. With the Yncarne birth, the cycle became a thing. However, it's corrupted. Whether it's because Ynnead hasn't fully awakened yet or it's because of something darker, it's not known.
>>
>>54714456
Yeah gotta play Slaanesh before it gets squatted
>>
>>54714506
>Is Slannesh going to get squatted?
>RREEEE THEY'RE TAKING AWAY MUH DICK GIRLFRIEND
>They just released a new Slaanesh box set
>THATS JUST SO THEY CAN SQUAT IT FASTER
>But in all the recent fluff they haven't watered down Slaanesh at all
>TH-THATS JUST SO THEY CAN JUSTIFY IT WHEN THEY DO SQUAT TRAPFU RRRRREEEEEEEE
>And they're one of the stronger and fluffier Chaos Legions to play
>R-R-REEEEEEE ENJOY PLAYING IT BEFORE THEY GET SQUATTED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I can see why GW ignored us for so long.
>>
>>54714506

Slaanesh getting downtoned in AoS was a brainchild of Old-GW when they were running out of business 2-3 years ago. You need to consider that new Factions (or upgrades) take about a Year to completely conceptualize Sculpt Paint and mass produce.

I think GW is Well Aware that people want Slaanesh more than MORE KHORNE at this point.

Squatting wont happen as that would imply theyre getting completely discontinued without any fancy story about it

The Fact that Slaanesh got a Dedicated Arc in Gathering Storm (and plenty of fulgrim teasers pretty much everywhere) on top of having gotten a SC! recently are all silent hints at new slaanesh related stuff being in sculpt.

>>54714456
Do it Anon do it for the Dark Prince

If you're planning on doing Emperor's Children with the new 8th-ed Codex, don't go full Noise Marines though.They are amazing Troops but not Spam-worthy imo. Also dont scoff at Cultists. you get a 20man Meatshield for 100 Points that you can send forward to protect your Shooty Backline while you Deepstrike or 20" Run with your Fast attack choices

Atleast that's the List that worked out best for me atm.
I do want to bring in some Daemons too though
>>
>>54714670
>they already semisquatted Slaanesh in AoS
>RREEEE SHE'S STILL AROUND
>yeah in the same way Isha is still around in 40k
>REEEEEE THAT'S JUST IN AOS
>now 40k introduces a new faction led by an eldar god who wants to destroy Slaanesh
>RRREEEEE THAT'S A COMPLETE COINCIDENCE
>yeah sure, two anti-Slaanesh events one after another, a total coincidence
>RRRRREEEE SLAANESH IS NEVER GOING AWAY STATUS QUO IS GOD
>except the same event destroyed Cadia with all the Cadian guardsmen, killed and resurrected Gulman, hinted at an alliance between Imperium and filthy xenos, and destroyed craftworld Biel-Tan, so it's obvious more drastic changes are ahead
>RRRRREEEEEEEEEEE BUT MUH NEW BOX SET
>the event is Slaanesh-centered, of course they're gonna make money off her before squatting him, that's just common business sense
>B-B-BUT MUH GW I TRUST THEM SO MUCH THEY CAN DO NO WRONG RRRREEEEEE
>>
>>54714860
>Slaanesh getting downtoned in AoS was a brainchild of Old-GW when they were running out of business 2-3 years ago. You need to consider that new Factions (or upgrades) take about a Year to completely conceptualize Sculpt Paint and mass produce.
No one's saying they've just thought about it now. That idea took years in planning, sure.

>Squatting wont happen as that would imply theyre getting completely discontinued without any fancy story about it
Why do that when you can make more money off it first?

>The Fact that Slaanesh got a Dedicated Arc in Gathering Storm (and plenty of fulgrim teasers pretty much everywhere) on top of having gotten a SC! recently are all silent hints at new slaanesh related stuff being in sculpt.
You can't AoS Slaanesh in 40k, xe is too important for the 40k lore. So they can't squat xir with a whimper, they have to do it with a band. Think of this event as Slaanesh's Last Stand.
>>
>>54715021
>So they can't squat xir with a whimper, they have to do it with a band. Think of this event as Slaanesh's Last Stand.

That's not going to happen, from a financial standpoint it's really dumb. Why make a big event featuring slaanesh only to then kill off the faction? Nobody's going to buy a dead army, so having an arc would be a massive waste of money. If slaanesh was going to be squatted they would just never talk about him again, which is obviously not happening.
>>
>>54715086
They might just retool Slaanesh's army into Ynnead's after he defeats him/her/it, with a more subdued and non-sexual image.
>>
>>54696052
Or a Pathfinder she?
>>
>>54696248
Go outside and talk to people, anon.
>>
>54714964
>Guy spergs out, gets called for it
>Accuses anyone who disagrees with him of sperging out
>Also claims that 'all Cadian guardsmen' were killed, even though they even walked back the planet itself blowing up
Not even worth a (wew).
>>
>>54696609
It's okay, anon, just keeping trying to break out of the friend zone with every woman you know.

It'll happen one day, even to an autist like you.
>>
>>54697641
Keep moving those goal posts.
>>
>>54715274
>Guy spergs out, gets called for it
>For some reason calls his single strawman post "anyone who disagrees with X" even though he's just a lone autist
>Focuses on one minor exaggeration instead of even trying to counter opponent's arguments
>Can't even link properly
Not even worth a (wew)
>>
>>54715384
>>54715274

you're both being dumb right now

Do something productive with your lives
>>
>>54715277
>people who don't like liberals never get pussy
Checkmate, conservatives!
>>
>>54715307
It's literally an explanation of why they're doing it. How is this goalpost moving?
>>
>>54715218
You forgot to mention not getting laid and mother's basement, your argument isn't complete.
>>
To all the Slaanesh haters in this thread saying our glorious Patron will be squatted...

All i can say is, you can't spell Fulgrim without F U
>>
>>54715418
Ya they are but...

>>54715274 this kid be a 12 year old, compulsive liar.
>>
Anybody saying the sexual side of Slaanesh is done obviously doesn't spend time in the hobby other then building models and talking to dweebs.

For the past few months GW's has been using the most prolific and graphic slaanesh based art for all advertising of the God. Hell, the Emperor's children entry in the Community hub recently used the "hellrasier" esk, tit armor noise marine.

We wont have bare chest demonettes anymore but i would rather have a armor saves then my nips hanging out...

Wake up people..
>>
>>54716004
>To all the Slaanesh haters in this thread saying our glorious Patron will be squatted...
Lolwut
All the Slaanesh haters in this thread are the ones defending GW
>>
>>54716369
What the fuck you talking about? Like seriously. If your opnion is based on that sentence there then i am no longer asking "Why does it feel like i am trying to educate an idiot...."
>>
>>54714140
You should have tried college in the late 90s. Hoo boy.
>>
>>54716122
>a very subdued "tit armor" as an example of "the most prolific and graphic art"
>We wont have bare chest demonettes anymore
You just proved our point, bub
>>
>>54716437
Inb4 opinion
>>
>>54716440
College is still the same. Look up "Evergreen College", for example, have fun
>>
>>54716437
I don't even understand what you're talking about here anon.
>>
>>54716446
So numb-nut, you define "Slaanesh being squated" as "Slaanesh isnt sexualized anymore"?? If this is true then i hope they do tame down Slaanesh. It will deter edgelord fags like you from ruining a god that has alot more complexity then "GURHH MY BLOOD" or "GURHH MY DISEASE."

It is about perfection and extremes. Ya want sex and bare flesh, go to Commorragh
>>
>>54716597
>So numb-nut, you define "Slaanesh being squated" as "Slaanesh isnt sexualized anymore"??

>>54716122
>Anybody saying the sexual side of Slaanesh is done obviously doesn't spend time in the hobby other then building models and talking to dweebs.
>Anybody saying the sexual side of Slaanesh is done
>the sexual side of Slaanesh
Learn to read first, numb-nuts.

Also, I like how arbitrarily removing themes that have been intrinsic to Slaanesh from the inception is "not ruining Slaanesh". Sex and bare flesh are part of what Slaanesh was always about – not the only thing, but an important part nonetheless. But of course you don't like that, do you?

And also, I like how you said that stereotyping Slaanesh is "ruining her/him/it", and proceeded to stereotype Khorne and Nurgle in the exact same sentence.

What a supreme gentleman.
>>
>>54716597
>i hope they do tame down Slaanesh
>the god of everything not being tamed down
You don't deserve to talk about others "ruining" the God of Excess
>>
>>54708669
>>54709321
I fucking loathe Trump OK, but the one good thing he dd was prove that the proper reaction to these types is to not only ignore them but make fun of them and double down on your original position. Might as well, because you can't appease them, any more than you can appease the thumpers.
>>
>>54717842
>I fucking loathe Trump OK

I love that even on 4chan, this is something people feel they need to say to establish their credibility.
>>
>>54718392
Well maybe he actually does loathe Trump, ever thought of that?
>>
File: IMG_3032.jpg (23KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3032.jpg
23KB, 293x172px
Tzeentch trolols be rolling this thread for hours. Hahahaha
>>
>celestine gets a new model and sisters keep getting teased a new release
>game is losing it's religious aspect

k there friend
Thread posts: 244
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.