[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RP'ing Irish Crook (Help)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

I'm playing my first ever modern day game and I'm going to be playing an irish immigrant to new york and i want to be able to play the character with some backstory. but i dont know jack shit about ireland or about irish crime syndicates, hell i dont even know the difference between north and south irish.

i was hoping someone could help point me in the right direction to get started on some of the irish crime stuff.
>>
How modern? Like current year modern?

Things that change the personilty and opinions of a modern Irish person:

Northern or from the Republic? (Note that people from the North give more of a shit about British affairs in relation to Ireland than the South, the South is more concerned with the EU)
Are you from Dublin?
Are you traveller?
Are you from a rural area or a Not Dublin city?
>>
Actually if you're a thief you're probably a itinarent and as such are a thieving gypsy scumbag.
You like Adidas tracksuits, gambling on horses and dog races and are generally aggressive and superstitious.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Travellers
>>
>>54691119
yep current day, the GM hasn't given an exact date but we can assume its august 2017.

son of a gun, being canadian doesnt help me one bit with this.

dublin being the only irish location i know of, and its very likely there would be some kind of mob/crime syndicate i would hazard to say yes. born and raised there.

travelled to the americas after he landed himself in some hot water.

Thank you kindly anon
>>
>>54691147
And you will not look like Brad Pitt
>>
>>54691174
If you're from Dublin then you think Dublin is the only place in Ireland and everywhere else is exactly like Dublin. You don't really care about The Troubles anymore but will tell everyone about the history of Ireland if you get the chance.

Here is further research:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSPlQIFyZ8w
>>
>>54691249
I'm loving this gold
>>
>>54691249
>If you're from Dublin then you think Dublin is the only place in Ireland and everywhere else is exactly like Dublin.

So he'd be right at home moving to New York.
>>
>>54691147
And you'll always ask to "see" people's things.

And ride your fucking horse cart down the main fucking road.

And steal my fucking turf that I spent ages cutting and bagging.
>>
>>54691174
If you want a look at Dublin Gangland, look at the show Love/Hate, it's decent enough
>>
File: har har har.jpg (39KB, 640x344px)
har har har.jpg
39KB, 640x344px
>>54691038
>about irish crime syndicates
They're still around in most northeastern US cities.
They're called the police department.

Did someone already do this joke? No?
>>
>>54692168
Seconding this.

>>54691249
>If you're from Dublin then you think Dublin is the only place in Ireland and everywhere else is exactly like Dublin

Incorrect. We think it's the only place worth being in Ireland. And we don't think, we know.
>>
>>54694113
See?
>>
>>54694113
come on anon, Dublin is a backwater shithole as much as anywhere else in Ireland but worse, its expensive and full of scobes.
>>
whats some of that irish slang? or names like "bruh" or "dude"
>>
>>54698510
Lad. Thats basically it if ypu want Irish specific stuff. Since we're Celtic we're more prone to insulting each other as a term if endearment than anything else.

Try to fit gowl (thats mor Limerick slang), eejit and fecker into sentences. If you're from Dublin literally everyone who lives outside a city is a culchie (basically a redneck).
>>
>>54691038
Just do what everyone else does. Make them a witty drunk with an accent.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.