[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Liberation:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: hubba_hubba_by_regourso-da5st8u.jpg (693KB, 801x801px) Image search: [Google]
hubba_hubba_by_regourso-da5st8u.jpg
693KB, 801x801px
Imagine you and your fellow soldiers and the rest of your proud military force liberated the people of an oppressed regime. None of that region destabilizing non-sense, as in the people and or nation you've liberated is not only under legit oppression from a bad government/regime. The said oppressed people and even resistance fighters also genuinely love and idolize their liberators. (You, your fellow troops and military force that help lift their shackles)

So much so that said liberated nation would even be proud to consider themselves your future long-term allies. And will now run a good wholesome democracy unlike the shitty oppressive regime of before.

So can this be made as a campaign for your game session or in your setting? Or how'd you deal or do with such a scenario in which you've liberated an oppressed country, its people and the resistance fighters that helped you idolize you, your fellow troops and government. And how'd you be a good image and example to the people you've liberated? Especially if you and your fellow troops might be stationed there for awhile to help out the rebuilding process and implementation of a democracy or better government?
>>
Again, any way this could be made into a campaign for a game session? And how'd you'd deal with the scenario?
>>
File: Brain Broke.gif (704KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Brain Broke.gif
704KB, 500x375px
I don't get the question. You wana make this into a campaign setting, but there's absolutely zero conflict from the sounds of it. Th bad guys are gone, the people love you, and there's no mention of "de-stability" or any fallout from the change in rulership. What's the conflict of the story? What are the players trying to accomplish? It kinda just sounds like a city-management game at this point.
>>
>>54691067
Which is why I'm asking for some advice friend. Granted, the campaign has not been done YET, between my friends. But what could make it interesting when doing a rebuilding-a-country/nation type of scenario?
>>
>>54691083
Well, my guess is to make the PCs fighting pockets of resistence, Locating, securing and protecting resources for repairs, throw in a serial murderer for them to find and apprehend. The usual i guess.
Maybe you can put in other communities for them to aly and mutually restore each other.
what type of setting is this. I assume pic related.
>>
>>54691083
Look for real life examples. Political partisanship, profiteers, local and otherwise, less savoury elements of the military, previous regime loyalists, sabotage, international politics.
Tell us a bit more about the specifics and we'll give you hooks and conflicts, it's hard to give effective advice based on a question this abstract.
>>
>>54690927
How about hunting down stragglers from the regime? Authoritarian regimes function through corruption: the autocrat has to prioritise the demands of those keeping him in power (e.g nobles for monarchy, the military for juntas, shareholders for corporate CEOs) over the needs of the people and state. If the autocrat doesn't, these groups withdraw support and allow the autocrat to he deposed via revolution.

There should probably be remnants of these groups still throwing their weight around and posing problems to the new government, or alternatively hiding from justice and avoiding trial.
>>
>>54691135
>>54691153
Well thanks for the hints and examples. May comeback again to see if my buddies got the campaign for their game session sorted out. I'll also mention the oh so helpful advice provided.
>>
>>54691228
No Prob.
Also you didn't say what type of setting it was.
>>
File: 1496754761825.jpg (375KB, 1024x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1496754761825.jpg
375KB, 1024x3600px
Out with the old oppressors and in with the new I always say.
>>
>>54690927
>So can this be made as a campaign for your game session or in your setting?
Considering the main power in my setting is "Roman Republic, but with elves", yes. Sounds plausible enough.

>Or how'd you deal or do with such a scenario in which you've liberated an oppressed country, its people and the resistance fighters that helped you idolize you, your fellow troops and government.
Me personally or the Elven Republic?

>Elven Republic
The senate would delibarate on it, the entire region would probably be annexed as a semi-autonomous province with a governor appointed by the senate from among the locals.

>Myself
I'd force the new government to sign a mutual defense agreement: they're forced to allow the military of my nation to operate on their territory and establish as many bases as deemed neccessary, constitutionally forbid the new republic from having a standing army (they can have a militia/self-defense force) and force them to provide support (can be support in resources as well) in any future military engagement I'm involved in. I get something out of the deal, they're secure in the future existence of their democracy.

>And how'd you be a good image and example to the people you've liberated?

>Myself
PR. Heavily emphasize the neccessity of the presence of my military in securing democracy, and even spin it around so the locals start believing that they don't even need a military for themselves anymore. Basically depict myself as the guardian of peace (which I'd also try to behave like, to be entirely truthful. I'm not THAT much of a cynical bastard). In the end, said democracy would only exist to take care of things I have no interest in (like their internal legal order) while providing me with what I'm interested in (resources, military presence in the region, diplomatic backing).

>Elven Republic
They'd probably not care about their image. Any resistance would be beaten down, and the natives told to be greatful they still have *some* autonomy.
>>
>>54690927
Take warbrides and slowly sterylize their men via soft means i.e. poisoned food.

After one generation you can safely annex the country.
>>
File: colonial_empires_in_1800-svg.png (156KB, 2000x877px) Image search: [Google]
colonial_empires_in_1800-svg.png
156KB, 2000x877px
>>54690927
>Slam Dunk.jpg

Have the oppressors be a massive colonial empire (or even neo-colonial empire) that continues to hold regional influence and makes repeated moves to retake the place and impoverish the liberated people in retaliation.
>>
File: 1494880017350.jpg (65KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1494880017350.jpg
65KB, 728x546px
>>54691083
You did it! Democracy is here, and the Oppressive Regime™ is defeated! Unfortunately, the neighboring Oppressive Regime™ doesn't recognize the legitimacy of your fair nation! "You don't play by the rules." They say. "You keep welcoming our slaves with open arms, and you never return them. What a bunch of bastards you are!" They say. So they invade, and you find yourself fighting an uphill battle against a professional army, tackling issues like war exhaustion, battlefield ethics, and horrifying war crimes! Use guerilla warfare, rousing speeches, and the resources at hand, be they human or otherwise, and throw off the shackles of oppression once again!
>>
>>54690927
Dungeons and Drones: The Syrian Campaign, a fantasy game of the Democratic Party
>>
>>54690927
We can't even liberate ourselves, nor make a functioning government. How the fuck do you expect us to do it for some unknown people?
>>
>>54690927
You could play as rear echelon allied troops liberating western Europe (at least before they get into Germany), because that's pretty much what you're describing.
Or you could be troops who are the first to roll through French or Dutch cities that have been abandoned by the retreating Nazis.
There's tons of narrative potential, alot already talked about in this thread. It's more a story of people rebuilding and you bring the outsiders looking in and getting laid constantly and contracting a disease, or worse, matrimony
>>
File: 13433269.jpg (158KB, 1280x837px) Image search: [Google]
13433269.jpg
158KB, 1280x837px
>>54690927
>not going for "There's nobody more fanatic than a convert" approach

anon pls
>>
>>54690927
There are lots of good story hooks here, even if you're taking it as a given that your military group are fairly non-ambiguously the "good guys":

The nation you've liberated wants to set up a new, better government, but bogged down in internal power struggles and disagreements as to how to best run things. This, in turn, leads to a lot of instability. Your country is happy to help, but therein lies another problem - you don't want to create a scenario where it looks like your military is interfering in this new country's formation. That makes you look bad in the eyes of other kingdoms, and could potentially turn parts of this new country against you, if they start to see your motives as imperialistic. So you'd have to keep only a limited number of troops around, make sure you clear everything you're doing with local authority, try to train local counterparts and turn duties over to them...

A campaign about a military group stationed in said nation and trying to keep order while staying on the good side of the locals and playing politics enough to avoid creating any "incidents" would be a great game, I think.
>>
Congratulations, you've liberate a people long since oppressed by their Old-Regime. The people celebrate your arrival, and they greet you in the streets.

However, the rest of the world sees this as part of your ambitious and brilliant leader's conquests. When they look at him they do not see a liberator and a reformer but a Tyrant: and perhaps he is. But what do you know? You saw him lead you to victory on numerous occasions, and once he spoke to you and addressed you by name. You would do anything for your leader.

The coalition standing against you has many assets: spies, bankers, and other miscreants who would like nothing more than to destabilize the regime. Their armies cross the border and burn parts of the countryside. You have been assigned to help prevent that, as the tides seem to suggest a new campaign will be coming soon. One that may decide the fate of your world.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.