[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/aosg/ Warhammer Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 59

Your Dudes, edition.

resources
>pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

Core rules
>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Skirmish
>https://mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

General Handbook
>https://mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>http://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Old thread:
>>54648760
>>
First for she, whose return will herald not hope, but war, and suffering on a scale none but the immortals have known.
>>
>>54689251
Since every realm is connected by the realm gates, I like to imagine that the essences of the realms are also traveling between the gates.
Like, in the realm of fire you could have a vast forest surrounding a realmgate leading to the realm of life.
The further you go from such a gate, the more unlikely you are to come across such a sight, but I'd think there are still plenty of forests in the realm of fire, with most of the tree having adopted to the area. E.g. some sort of fire-resistent tree with very hard bark.
Or some actual iron trees where the realm of metal and life meet, sporting some metal sylvaneth.
>>
>>54689378
duncan's video on how he made those was fantastic. The guy seemed genuinely happy to do what he does.
>>
>>54689476
so at least one of us is...
>>
>>54689476
Of course hes happy. With a job like that wouldn't you be? I've met the warhammer community guys, they all seem like genuinely cool dudes, and not a product of the cold lifeless GW we all grew to hate so long ago.
>>
>>54689453
While I've never imagined the realmgates that way, it makes sense.

In my personal fluff, my dudes live in a village in the realm of death, in the middle of a swamp that is often blanketed in fog. Sometimes it is sunny, and the fog clears up for a while, though I'm not sure where the sun comes from in the realm of death.

Despite being in the realm of death and with a pervasive stillness permeating the swamp, life still exists if you stop and look for it. The withered trees still are alive on the inside. The are still grasses peeking out through the mud. Insects, frogs, and small fish can be seen darting about just on the edges of one's vision. Tracks and evidence of larger animals exist, but the animals themselves are almost never seen.

The most noticeable geographical feature about the swamp is its flatness. The water doesn't really flow anywhere, hence why it is a swamp. It also means things are pretty stagnant. Occasional gray stones exist here and there.

The village itself is made of hides, stones, withered branches, and a lot of looted materials from other realms. They like to paint the walls of their houses white to contrast against the muddy swamp. They like round or arched buildings a lot because they are simple and stable. Smaller houses consist of either a dome or a single round tower, while larger houses might be a series of arches.
>>
>>54689546
from some of the other videos under kirby people speculated he was servitor. He smooth even non-judgmental tone, his meticulous standards, etc, lead people to wonder if he'd had his humanity taken from him.

Then Rountree came around and they started having fun on the channel again.
>>
Apparently old thread was ded

How are Tzeentch Daemons? I've got a bunch of Pink Horrors that I've barely touched since 5th 40k because they've either been dog shit or cheese. Off the top of my head, I have:

3 Princes
Metal LoC
Metal Changeling (best)
Converted Herald on a disc
35-40 horrors (Some converted to heralds)
5 screamers
3 Failcast flamers
5 metal 2nd Ed flamers with the beaks

Pretty sure that's it because I haven't bought anything for them since 5th.
>>
If GW remakes freeguild, they should make them look similar to conquistadors. It fits in with legions of reclamation theme, what with colonialism having a lot of parallels (advanced civilisation exploring uncharted territory and civilising the tribes left in the wake of chaos).
>>
File: 400px-Settra_Rules.jpg (26KB, 400x513px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Settra_Rules.jpg
26KB, 400x513px
>>54689378
Soon
>>
>>54689922
Why would they do that? Why would they now make models look like historical minis when there are so many alternatives for that on the market.

If they do new free peoples stuff, they will try to make it totally unique so you feel you have to buy from them for the models rather than any competitor, let alone historicals.
>>
Tomb King memeposters please go

They aren't even in GHB17
>>
File: 1501805624936.png (43KB, 162x182px) Image search: [Google]
1501805624936.png
43KB, 162x182px
So what is the best way to treat characters in this since they cannot join units?

Should they be set at the rear of middle of your army to avoid being sniped or what is best? Say if I had a non monster general on foot. How best I deploy them so I can use their melee prowess while not leaving them exposed?

Also can ranged units fire even while they are in melee combat? Like instead of using daggers, they just shoot while in combat?
>>
>>54689942
>Entire range discontinued since the start of AoS
>Excluded from the Grand Alliance: Death book
>Not even in GHB17
>Soon^tm
>>
>>54690000
Quads confirm
;_;
>>
>>54690000
>>54690426
wut?
>>
>>54690314
>Also can ranged units fire even while they are in melee combat? Like instead of using daggers, they just shoot while in combat?
They are both shooting and fighting melee. Most ranked units have really shitty melee so it's not unbalanced tho

>Say if I had a non monster general on foot. How best I deploy them so I can use their melee prowess while not leaving them exposed?
You have to choose what is more important for you. If your hero's main role is buffing then screen him and keep on the back of your unit. If you build your hero as a killing machine, then ftfy and try to kill as many fuckers as you can before someone finally kill him
>>
>>54690314

>non-monster general on foot
might as well model him with 90 arrows already sticking out of his body. But seriously, usually with the army in a bubble around him while he hides in cover casting spells and using command abilities. Keeping him in the complete rear will usually get him assassinated by deep strike, tunnelers, hunters, etc.

>can ranged fire from melee
Yes. And they also use their melee weapons later during combat. Did I mention ranged was good?
>>
>>54690581
Specifically how should I utilize a Chaos Lord on foot?
>>
File: da fug.jpg (66KB, 320x448px) Image search: [Google]
da fug.jpg
66KB, 320x448px
Which faction that is shit in normal games shine in skirmish?
>>
>>54690000
>They aren't even in GHB17
That's bullshit, since they confirmed on facebook that compendium stuff is still in the book.

>Try harder next time
>>
>>54690953

They confirmed that they'll be released separately

Probably in a PDF that won't be tournament legal
>>
File: 20170804_130743-1.jpg (128KB, 1745x915px) Image search: [Google]
20170804_130743-1.jpg
128KB, 1745x915px
What pic related means? Can I use the BoK traits and artifacts or I have to stick with GHB and Skirmish stuff?

Allegiance: Chaos
Battletrait: Unpredictable Destruction

Bloodsecrator (24)
- General
- Command Ability: Merciless Killer
- Trait: Violent Urgency
- Artefact: Daemon Weapon
- Banner of Khorne: Banner of Rage

Blood Warriors Chaos Champion (4)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
2x Blood Warrior (8)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist

Bloodreavers Chieftain (1)
- Reaver Blades
Bloodreavers Hornblower (1)
- Reaver Blades
2x Bloodreavers (2)
- Reaver Blades

Bloodletter’s Bloodhunter (2)
Bloodletter Icon Bearer (2)
- Gore Drenched Icon
Bloodletter Hornblower (2)
2x Bloodletters (4)
>>
>>54691350
It quite literally tells you what to do dude.

> ... in a Skirmish battle, your warband can only use the allegiance abilities of the Grand Alliance from which they hail.

Is this the general level of intelligence of AoS players here? Explains a lot.
>>
>>54691350
Better use the traits and artifacts described in the Skirmish book since they are mostly designed for it
>>
>>54691488
English is not my native language. It's not said to which books I am limited. Khorne is still a part of Grand Alliance so why just don't state "in a Skirmish battle, your warband can only use the allegiance abilities from General's Handbook of the Grand Alliance from which they hail'?
>>54691519
The battletome ones are better imo
>>
>>54691544

To make it more retard proof

>You can only use the Allegiance abilities from the Generals Handbook (ISBN 3547579239) listed on page 158 for Grand Alliance Order, page 160 for Grand Alliance Chaos, page 162 for Grand Alliance Destruction and page 164 for Grand Alliance Death. Please note that, Sylvaneth, Kharadron Overlords, Stormcast Eternals, Blades of Khorne, Disciples of Tzeentch, Beastclaw Raiders and Bonesplitters are not Grand Alliance allegiances.
>>
>>54691734
"You can only use the Allegiance abilities from the Generals Handbook" would be good enough and more legible.

So even the banner of Khorne is not usable. Shame
>>
>>54690000
t. Buttblasted nageshfag
>>
ugh I need 90 Greatswords for Armies on Parade and none of the discount websites stock that many
>>
>>54691734
You got issues.
>>
>>54692132
so you email them and they will order them for you.
My LGS gets orders from GW in 2-3 days. I get a cool 20% off that
>>
ORDER GRAND ALLIANCE NEWS TODAY

H Y P E
>>
>>54692132
Wtf. Making a landschneckt army ?
>>
>>54692527
Wotwotwot?
>>
>>54689689
I met duncs producer. they are both cool dudes.
>>
Im working on my armies on parade board, and I'm doing a desert oasis style because i play sylvaneth and tomb kings, but i cant figure out the best way to do water, any tips?
>>
File: fixed.jpg (130KB, 730x314px) Image search: [Google]
fixed.jpg
130KB, 730x314px
>>54692669
>desert
>water
pick one fagget

>>54692527
>order
get a load of this guy
>>
>>54692602
>Come back on Friday, when we’ll be taking a look at the Order Grand Alliance and what the new book means for these stalwart defenders of civilisation.

seraphon news pls ._.
>>
>>54692703
The oasis idea is awesome, shut up asshole

>>54692669
I've seen people do water with tinted resin, and the result is quite good and realistic.

Once you've finished please post some pics :D
>>
File: IMG_5384.jpg (516KB, 1500x1059px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5384.jpg
516KB, 1500x1059px
>>54692731
I always wanted to play lizards but I am afraid that I am not a gud enough painter/paint schemer
>>
>>54692789
Then don't.

lol
>>
File: belfkek.jpg (77KB, 442x520px) Image search: [Google]
belfkek.jpg
77KB, 442x520px
>>54690953
>confirmed on facebook
>>
>>54692811
Yeah ill just play stormcast since they are EZ mode in both painting and the game
>>
>>54692789
Then buy them and practice mate. Noone was born with Duncan skills - even the Duncan himself
>>
File: ha.png (104KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
ha.png
104KB, 257x196px
>>54692820
>THAT FAGGOT USES FACEBOOK AND HAS ACTUAL FRIENDS
>WHAT A FUCKING LOSER
>>
>>54692824

Exactly. But you must paint them silver and blue.

ONLY THE FAITHFUL!
>>
>>54692832
Duncan isn't that skilled. I don't mean that in a disparaging way, but he's a excellent painting teacher more than a painting master. He makes educational vids, he doesn't work as part of the 'eavy metal team.
>>
Well, Spear of Shadow's free extract is out and I'm already flipping my shit. FUCK, chaos has one of Cadoc's kinsmen, good goy is he going to be a flaming asshole.
>>
File: when coat lies just right.jpg (51KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
when coat lies just right.jpg
51KB, 557x605px
>>54693208
I know that there are better painters than him but the Duncan level is what I want to achieve someday and it will be more than enough for me
>>
File: 1496449004321.png (147KB, 304x301px) Image search: [Google]
1496449004321.png
147KB, 304x301px
I hope GW expand more on the normal humans in the lore. While I am happy Sigmar's warriors arent exactly space marines it would be nice if we saw some of the less elite of the Warhammer world.
>>
>>54693273
>chaos has one of Cadoc's kinsmen

Please elaborate for a newb
>>
>>54693377
Cadoc Kel is the prince of the Ekran and a knight Azyros of the Steelsouls.

He's also a giant asshole whose main difference respect a chaos warrior is that he has form fitting armor and commits unspeakable attrocities in Sigmar's name rather than the four.

A kinsmen of his serving Chaos? FUN.
>>
>>54693416
Sigmar has evil peeps fighting for him? Wew.

I thought his side were as good as good gets
>>
>>54693434
>As good as good gets.

With motherfuckers like the celestial vindicator, or in other words: Inquisition: The Stormhost?

Order has always been about being lawful, not good. Doesn't stop Sigmar from being ashamed, though. As he says: "I am forced to remind myself I'm not a tyrant and cannot force the hand of my followers."
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (296KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
296KB, 1600x900px
>>54692703
Did you just chose to ignore the "oasis" part, or?
>>
>>54693520
those don't exist in real life my nugga.
>>
File: 249px-SigmarEmperor.jpg (82KB, 249x599px) Image search: [Google]
249px-SigmarEmperor.jpg
82KB, 249x599px
>>54693470
Sigmar is such a faggot now.
I liked the old lore. He existed. He did cool shit. Now people worship him.
No talking, no interaction with him. You cant be let down.
Since AoS started and they gave him a personality, It just made him lame.
>>
File: Brain damage.jpg (52KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
Brain damage.jpg
52KB, 600x604px
>>54693707
>>
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/04/keeping-order-in-the-generals-handbook-2017/
>>
>>54693707
>those don't exist in real life
So am i not allowed to have my reanimated skeletons because they dont exist in real life either? What about my sentient trees?
>they don't exist in real life
Uhhh https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oasis
>>
>>54693899
Dispossed are gonna be a pain in the ass to deal with
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 211x239px
New player here.

How Does Death Rattle do at 1,000 points? Not looking to play competitively but still want to compete in casual game. I love the Wight King model and have some Mantic skeletons that need a home. I was planning on trying the Legion of Death formation.
>>
File: IMG_2230.jpg (39KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2230.jpg
39KB, 500x545px
Your dudes! We all want to see what others are working on!

Here are my mixed back of chaos it's mostly Nurgle though
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY
>>
>>54693899
>Teleporting space lizards and piledriving dwarfs

This years Generals Handbook is weird.
>>
>>54693899
Can someone educate me on how allies have changed?

From what I know, so long you were in the same grand alliance book you could mix up your armies anyway.
>>
>>54694065

Now you can take allies without breaking your allegiance.

for example, Stormcast Eternals will be able to take a Celestial Hurricanum without breaking their Stormcast Eternal allegiance.

I don't really like it, it's going to make for some retarded armies.
>>
>>54693434
>>54693434
Sigmar isn't above using some dickish factions in his empire or even asshole stormcast. But the guy that's mentioned in Spear of Shadows as working for a khorne blacksmith is just someone who hails from the same bloodline as Cardoc, not a Stormcast, though.
>>
>>54694094
I actually really like the new allies rule. It allows more diverse armies to exist while still giving unique allegiance abilities. The retarded combos aren't really an issue with the allies system as more an issue with whatever unit is allowing that retarded combo to happen, like the Celestial Hurricanum.
>>
>>54694094
>without breaking your allegiance

But are they not all under Order alliance?

Ya I was just getting into AoS and am concerned what the ally system in what it did to 40k too.

Hopefully there is a cap of some form.
>>
>>54694149

They could take the Order Allegiance, but if you wanted to take all of the Stormcast specific stuff and throw in a hurricanum, you could.

In the past, you'd have been forced to use the Order allegiance and be very restricted as a result
>>
>>54694184
When you say Order Allegiance I assume you mean sticking to the single army list like say: Slaves of Darkness and only Slaves of Darkness units and so on.
>>
File: Aetherstrike.pdf (5KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Aetherstrike.pdf
5KB, 1x1px
>>54694144

Yeah, I used the Stormcast+Hurricanum combo as an example because it'd allow you to run it alongside an Aetherstrike battalion

Ugh
>>
>>54694217
I think Anon means that you could use a group of free guild handgunners and a group of dwarves in the same army, all while having a Seraphon hero, etc
>>
>>54694255
Oh. Well that sounds weird. But hodge podge.
>>
>>54692840
Pst... don't look now but i think he's actually calling out the validity of FB sources

Nice projection though
>>
>>54694217

No, "Order Allegiance" means picking anything from the Order grand alliance.

specific army would be, for example, "Stormcast Eternals allegiance"

The allies rules would allow you to take allied units in your Stormcast army without losing your "Stormcast eternals allegiance" and the relevant abiliteis and artefacts that would grant you.

There seems to be a cap scaling with game size, 400pts of allies in a 2000pt list.
>>
>>54694330
Aaaah right. Thanks for explaining.

>there is a cap

Thank god
>>
>>54694300
>the official Facebook page is not a credible source
>>
"* The Darkling Covens and the Free Peoples are also getting some special attention in the Generals Handbook 2017, and we thought they both deserved a closer look, so keep your eyes peeled in the coming weeks for our in-depth preview of these factions."

AW HELL YEA. From: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/04/keeping-order-in-the-generals-handbook-2017/
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (230KB, 1602x902px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
230KB, 1602x902px
>>54692578
not quite
>>
>>54693470
>celestial vindicator, or in other words: Inquisition: The Stormhost?

The Celestial Vindicators are just angry. Knights Excelsior are the PURGE type.
>>
>keep your eyes peeled in the coming weeks for our in-depth preview of these factions.
>coming weeks
>WEEKS

GHB 2 confirmed for fucking september, fuck that shit
>>
>>54694236
>no protectors
auto lose to tzeentch and other (better) aetherstrike lists
>>
File: Archy8.jpg (1MB, 1536x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Archy8.jpg
1MB, 1536x2000px
>>54693470
>>54693434
How long have I been telling you that Sigmar was no good? Ghal Maraz would be better in the hands of a worthier man.
>>
>>54694764

They've already said that it's out in August
>>
Seraphon battle trait seems nuts. Need to see the wording to know its limitations.
If you use the teleport in the hero phase then it's going to be amazing

>teleport stegadon to >9"
>use skink alpha ability to move D6" immediately, get within 8" flamethrower range
or
>use skink prayer to get rerollable save/charge
>teleport bastiladon with snakes to >9" and near stegadon
>stegadon uses ability to move bastiladon d6"
>bastiladon has 5-6" charge and 3+ rerollable save (can even add mystic shield)
>tie down a huge chunk of enemy army
>never die
>EVERY combat phase (even your opponents) you deal ~2 mortal wounds to each unit within 8" (max 12 total)
>
or
>teleport astrolith bearer anywhere you want
>drop banner in perfect positions
or
>teleport hero out of dangerous combat situation
or
>cast spells with slann
>teleport back out of LOS
or
>cast spells out of LOS
>teleport into range to unbind enemy wizard next turn
>psssh nothing personel, kid....
or
>firelance starhost gives +3" charge
>skink priest lets you reroll charges
>teleport knights to >9", have 6" rerollable charge
or
>teleport salamanders to >9"
>summon skink handlers into position (only 40 points)
I call it the Salamander Bomb
>>
>>54694809
That's a strange way of drawing Karl Franz, anon
>>
>>54694872
good. id rather play against seraphon than cuckcast nigternals
>>
File: Sigmar (2).jpg (233KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar (2).jpg
233KB, 1920x1080px
>>54694879
Karl Franz is dead and Sigmar's soul is possessing his body now.
>>
>>54694893
>Karl Franz is literally Sigmar's better half

ya gotta love the guy
>>
>>54694809
>Archy

He smells.
>>
File: 1414270181709[1].png (960KB, 577x893px) Image search: [Google]
1414270181709[1].png
960KB, 577x893px
>>54694893
franz > swigmar
>>
>>54694809
Archaon can actually handle Ghal Maraz?

I mean, I assumed the thing was like Mjolnir, Thor's Hammer.
>>
>>54694872

Yeah it seems insane.

Hopefully it's limited to one unit a turn.

Hopefully, because I can't afford another army
>>
>>54694940
When Valten died in the End Times, Archaon took Ghal Maraz. While he was brooding on his throne, he held it in his hands. Stroking it and finger its runes.

Other chaos servants and daemons couldn't bear to look at it and its touch harmed them. Archaon wasn't suffering from any of this or just endured it. The reason could be that, as Valten said, Ghal Maraz was meant to destined to be wiekded by Archaon but that was before he fell darkness.

The hammer now is more powerful than before but so is Archaon.
>>
>no mention of seraphon spell lore in GHB2

Slann continue to be shit tier
>>
>>54695063
im not a frog fan but I agree its really stupid slann aren't rocking the hottest magics in the mortal realms. (aelves too god damn it)
>>
How to start AoS? I want to play Ogres or Vampires, my friend wants Khorne Warriors of Chaos. Sorry for old terminology, but the new GW sections and names are a clusterfuck to me.

Also, any brief notes about these armies? 1dchan seems pretty poor at AoS compared to 40k.
>>
>>54695371
cant go wrong with a start collecting box

all the rules are free, so put your models on the table and start rollin dice
>>
>>54695371
get a start collecting Beast Claw Raiders or Start Collecting Skeleton Horde (you can turn the big dude into 1 of 2 vampires: Neferata or Manfred Von Faggot)
>>
>>54695012
Karl beat all kinds of deamon ass
Valten got sniped by a verminlord
I think we know who was best.
>>
Alright. Probably final list for now. Gonna grab the start collecting box tomorrow.

Saurus Oldblood
- General, Reckless Trait

Scar-Veteran on Cold One

20 Saurus Warriors with Spears

10 Saurus Warriors with Clubs

10 Saurus Warriors with Clubs

10 Skinks, Boltspitters and Clubs

5 Saurus Knights

1 Troglodon

1.000 points

Should I run the knights with lances or clubs?
>>
>>54689922
>hey guys, lets make empire and bretonnia into estalia
>>
So Fyreslayers get canticles of the omnissiah. Way cool.
>>
>>54695900
>not wanting Estalian minis again

Morions are the sexiest helmet known to man
>>
My local GW has been getting desperate to sell me something rather than just handle my deliveries so I relented today and bought the "Storm of Sigmar" box set for £20.
I was pleasantly surprised with it actually, for that twenty quid you get;

>3 liberators
>2 retributors
>3 blood warriors
>5 bloodreavers

Guidebook with some interesting fluff and printed rules, little packet of (shitty) D6s and card-printed warscrolls that I would love to get my hands on for my ogre/gnoblar army.

I'm not used to value like that from GW, what's going on? I heard the start collecting packs and shit like that were actually pretty decent but I never believed it, have I been blind?
>>
File: glory.png (977KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
glory.png
977KB, 780x585px
>>54695885
get a bastilladon

not only are the impossible to kills, they are drybrush machines and EZ mode to paint.
>>
File: yourdudes.jpg (201KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
yourdudes.jpg
201KB, 873x627px
>>54695371
I play Beastclaw Raiders so I can give you a rundown.
Elite army with low model count. Huge, powerful beastriding monsters (even as battleline!), huge standard troops (6 wounds per), on the charge most of them will fuck anyone up brutally. For this you pay dearly in points: low model count and objectives can be tough, though don't complain out loud or your opponents will get mad because they hate Thundertusks and Stonehorn so much they just don't wanna hear it. No wizards or hordes, but ally rules will help that.

Fluff wise, cursed to outrace the mystical everfrost that turns everything to ice in their wake. Stonehorns eat rocks and metal, Ogors eat everything else. It takes hundreds of years for even a tree to grow back once Beastclaw has killed and eaten your army, their weapons, homes, crops, and even roads and bridges. Stonehorn skeletons are made of granite wolverinium, and grow back so fast that if they stop moving for more than a few hours they turn to statues. Worth it to halve all wounds they incur (even mortal).

Stuff I don't play, but info:
There's also old Ogor armies that aren't really supported but you can still use like Gutbusters and Maneaters. I don't know much about them beside old derpy models and facelift rules.
For Vampires, the new terminology is "Soulblight" and they are sweet.
>>
File: 99120210023_SistersAvelorn01.jpg (41KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120210023_SistersAvelorn01.jpg
41KB, 600x620px
these guys are so hax now with the new rules
>>
>>54696377
Thank you for quality response. Mystical everfrost? Don't they enjoy icy themes?
>>
>>54697028
should model them with their hair whipping forwards as they leap retreat instead of blowing in the wind.
>>
>>54696204
They have released start collecting boxes some time ago actually. New 40k boxes are fuckin amazing - even better deals than AoS ones
>>
File: cold.png (1MB, 1600x424px) Image search: [Google]
cold.png
1MB, 1600x424px
>>54697073
Each Alfrostun is followed by their own personal winter storm advisory. If they don't keep moving and eating they will either a) starve or, b) become frozen in a glacier. They originally enjoyed cold climates though it's more 'adapted because they had to'.

There are legends about how they got the curse originally, and most of them are stupid, but the one I like is they once followed a Nighthaunt army out of spite since they can't eat ghosts, devouring all the corpses of the haunt's opponents and generally chasing after them all the way through the realms to Nagash's prison crypts, which they ransacked looking for food, accidentally busting an ancient evil spirit of frost, who sincerely thanked them for setting her free and gave them a gift. Although, being a cursed spirit of frost her 'gift' was a lot more curse-like than most.
>>
>>54694558
>If you’re a fan of old-school duardin, the Dispossessed are the army for you. Thanks to Stubborn to the End, Dispossessed units are nearly impossible to shift and you’ll be able to safely take huge units of them.
>If you’re a fan of old-school duardin

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>54697028
not really

other shooting units are still better

and if you get engaged in melee youre still very likely to die from the following combat phase
>>
>>54697432
New Duardin:
Fyreslayers, Kharadron Overlords
Old-School Duardin:
old dwarf models from back when the game was boring
>>
Well the relics are nice, and the battle trait will be useful, but this means jack shit.

What we need are battalions. That way we can take more relics and artifacts. Now compound that with the fact that really our only battalion gives us what we are already getting, this 'buff' looks less and less significant.
>>
>>54695885
Spears are best on everything because the extra reach = more attacks and the blazing charges on calvary are the only reason to take them.

Seconding "get a bastilodon" they are really useful, I also highly recommend ripperdactyls or terradons
>>
Kakadrone overbutts are what you see in the dictionary if you look up the term "Power Creep"
>>
>>54697634

They are anything but OP anon, please come with something more mature too.
>>
>>54697698
How come they keep winning all the local tournaments? Take overlords for an easy win, you've an answer to everything at cheap prices with no weaknesses.
>>
>>54697771
Many armies can get a turn 1 charge off. L2p
>>
>>54697771

Overlords are fairly weak. Sure mortar+khemist spam is strong but nowhere close to what makes Tournament top tier.
>>
>>54697771
>>54697994

They can win tournaments consistently because one of their skyports have rules that let them wreck flying enemies while letting their ships ignore mortal wounds.

Basically, it is a hard counter to skyfire spam, which you tend to see in tournaments.
>>
>>54697771
because theyre easy to play

but if you know what youre doing theyre pretty easy to counter
>>
>>54695885
>>54697626
The spears only deal the mortal wounds on a charge, followed by a roll of 6 to wound. I think its far to unreliable to justify in such a small group. I'd say take clubs.
>>
>>54698363
It should also be mentioned that the "lances" don't have the 2" reach of the spears.
>>
File: LadyOfTheLake.jpg (18KB, 374x511px) Image search: [Google]
LadyOfTheLake.jpg
18KB, 374x511px
>>54689425
I cant wait!
>>
>>54697624
That's a good point I didn't think about. That's kinda shitty
>>
>>54698902
It's going to be the same for the other non-battletome factions. Expect the only few battalion benefits you got from the compendiums to be rolled into the allegiance rules, rendering the battalions useless.
>>
>>54699122
The grudgebound warthrong will still be alright. Re rolling 1's to hit across the board ain't too bad. And it'll give at least one more artifact. Wish there was smaller ones though
>>
>The Darkling Covens and the Free Peoples are also getting some special attention in the Generals Handbook 2017, and we thought they both deserved a closer look, so keep your eyes peeled in the coming weeks for our in-depth preview of these factions.

noice noice
>>
>>54699246
Assuming it will get points in the free compendium warscrolls points update.
>>
File: 1497120204075.png (388KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1497120204075.png
388KB, 1280x1280px
Are Bonesplitterz worth getting for Skirmish? I'm a little bit tired of my rats so I'm thinking about new small army just for Skirmish campaign and matched games
>>
I'm new to this. Is there a rule set for something like Kill Team in 40k?
>>
>>54699706

it's called Skirmish, pdf is in OP
>>
Is it allowed to use 3rd party bitz in Armies on Parade? Not whole models obviously just a headswap or something?
>>
>>54699706
Age of sigmar: skirmish. It's like a $10 book. It's decent.

>>54699738
If it's a GW event, then the answer is a definitive no. If it's not a GW event, then yes.

I got disqualified from paint judging at the LVO because my entire army used a single 3rd party bit.
>>
>>54699768
holy shit wtf, that's harsh as hell

hmm maybe I can convince them I sculpted and cast my own Morion helmets...
>>
>>54699454
It's a battalion in the GA:O book. I think it's a safer bet to say that it's staying in the new points than some of the compendium stuff. We can only hope it's core cost is reduced because one of the benefits has become redundant.
>>
>>54699806
If you can then great. They did ask me if the bear head I used I sculpted myself. I was honest and said no. I think if I did sculpt it, they would have probably allowed it.

Now the harshness is only for judging. I could still play with that mini because the TO said as long as the core model is GW then they are mostly ok with 3rd party bits. It just only DQ'd me from paint judging.
>>
File: IMG_8899.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8899.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>54699768
Wait, which army were you? Because there was that one army with the Nurgle Hellcannon that I'm pretty sure used at least some third party bits and that was nominated for best painted army.
>>
>>54699922
>Australia.jpg
>>
File: IMG_8900.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8900.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>54699922
Fucking Australia
>>
>>54699922
I was dispossessed and stormcast eternals. I just am repeating what the TO told me.

I really honestly am not that bitter though. I did enter my axe wielding prosecutors in the Company of Champions painting competition and won that. So it's all good.
>>
>>54699922
>>54699970
Fucking phoneposters.
>>
>>54689378
what unit name is that? looking for gladiator minis.
>>
>>54700486
they're kitbashes unfortunately
>>
>>54700486
here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYHy9Fq2HME
>>
>>54689378
How has new 40k effected AoS's userbase?
>>
>>54700550
A lot of AoS players were also 40k players. So when 8e dropped, a lot went back to 40k because it was the new hotness. But generally when there is a big AoS event or something, players still show up because they already have an aos army so why not. But there really hasn't been much of leaving aos entirely for 40k. It's just 40k is the new hot buzz right now
>>
File: 20170804_153927-1.jpg (3MB, 2236x2236px) Image search: [Google]
20170804_153927-1.jpg
3MB, 2236x2236px
Whats up with this peg on the bottom of the horses hoof?
>>
>>54700645
bases used to have circles you drilled out and put the peg in for a more secure fit
>>
>>54700645
Use it. Drill a hole in your base large enough for it.
>>
>>54700590
ive noticed a lot of players are coming back to AOS after realizing how terrible competitive 40k is
>>
>>54700841
If it took them this long to realise that competitive 40k is terrible then they don't sound like the smartest bunch. Mind you competitive GW anything tends to be terrible, I'm not sure why people even invest in it to begin with.
>>
>>54701226
they knew 7th ed was cancer but they thought 8th would be good

its better, but at the top end its still cancer
>>
>>54689870
Anyone?
>>
Who do you think is God Tier army right now? Beastclaw Raiders?
>>
>>54699509
Bump this
>>
>>54700536
Anyone knows what nippers he is using in the video?
>>
>>54701904
Likely the citadel ones

Duncan's prowess for all things hobby related makes them seem like they snip so easily
>>
Hey anybody knows the names of the lore and prayers released so far since he Sylvaneth Battletome?
>>
>>54699970
what the fug is up with those conversions ?
>>
File: 1476134804741.jpg (108KB, 350x478px) Image search: [Google]
1476134804741.jpg
108KB, 350x478px
Does anyone have a hq wallpaper version of pic related, pretty please?
>>
>>54702654
DID YOU CHECK AGE OF SIGMART?
>>
>>54701655
Now meaning two weeks before GHB2 drops, or now as in right now?
Either way certainly not BCR.
Thundertusks surrounded by squigs is a competetive, if gimmicky list, but the real consistent winners are stormcast aetherstrike far and away the best, followed by various shooting spam armies, and a decent variance of chaos, sylvaneth, death, and other synergy stacking lists.

Long story short: SCE best army of this season (and it should be, considered how hard they've pushed them to sell).
>>
Ban all shooting.
>>
>>54703274
Did somebody have a bad game against a kunnin rukk?
>>
>>54703401
No, my 2 friends play skaven and seraphon and I'm nurgle.
>>
>>54703401
And tzeentch
>>
So with how the new allies works I can have all of the benefits of a Blades of Khorne battlion while also running a Battalion for the Breyherd without any penalties?
>>
>>54703898
If your allied battalion can all fit in the allied points limit, including the cost for the battalion itself, then yes.
>>
>>54701655
1. stormcast shooting
2. stormcast deep strike
3. tomb kings
4. tzeentch shooting
5. thundertusks + kunnin rukk
>>
>>54703898
those breyherd units probably wont benefit from any buffs that your khorne units bring because of the keyword system, but as long as you can fit the points in then you should be fine
>>
Bought skirmish today.
I really liked the lore of shadespire, and i want to make my own board inspired by it.
Do you guys have any good tuto about making scenery?
I'm thinking of polystyrene because its cheap but I have no idea on how to work with(or paint)it.
Toughts?
>>
>>54703768
Sayl the faithless says hi.
Fly 18" your blightkings, charge their shooters, enjoy the slaughter.
>>
>>54705152
Bruh just buy sigmarate mausoleums/gardens of morr. GW uses those everytime they represent shadespire on the tabletop.
>>
File: lists2.png (37KB, 903x521px) Image search: [Google]
lists2.png
37KB, 903x521px
>>54705435
So something like this now
>>
>>54700590

AoS has been on the back burner for me since 8th dropped, busy painting and playing new 40k stuff.

When GHB17 drops I'll likely be starting a new AoS army though.

I'm lucky that my local area has active scenes for both with regular tournaments so I'll get to play a lot of both
>>
>>54702866
Yes, and didn't find it
>>
>>54707761
I'll be honest, age of sigmart sucks, it needs more tags and more images
>>
Rate my fluffy list:

Allegiance: Death

Heroes
Isabella Von Carstein (80)
Konrad Von Carstein (100)
Vlad Von Carstein (120)
Mannfred Mortarch Of Night (460)

Units
5 x Blood Knights (260)
5 x Blood Knights (260)
5 x Blood Knights (260)
10 x Phoenix Guard (200) (dismounted blood dragons)
10 x Freeguild Guard (80) (thralls)
10 x Freeguild Guard (80)
10 x Freeguild Guard (80)
Total: 1980/ 2000
Heroes: 4/6 Battlelines: 7 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 0/4
>>
File: Vampire Knight (6).jpg (310KB, 1151x1538px) Image search: [Google]
Vampire Knight (6).jpg
310KB, 1151x1538px
>>54708057
Well, I don't think it sucks

And the artwork thing, with enough time we'll have a lot to choose from

But I also like some old artworks from fantasy, like this Blood Knight Vampire Lord
>>
>>54708166
I approve.
Cars/10
>>
>>54708057
>>54708223
In this page you can find all the AoS art that has been released to date, is pretty awesome

There's every little bit, even the minor artworks for the books

http://wellofeternitypl.blogspot.com.es/search/label/artworks
>>
>>54709798
Honestly out of all of that the Shadows Over Hammerhal sketches have to be some of my favourites. They're all just oozing with character compared to almost all of the other pieces of art which tend to look very same-y after a while.
>>
File: Wiki-background.jpg (296KB, 2950x1377px) Image search: [Google]
Wiki-background.jpg
296KB, 2950x1377px
>>54709798
The problem with GW maps like these is they can't decide whether they want to be a map or a landscape picture. If it's going to be as '3D' as that is with all the bones n' shit, the landscape's proportions and perspective need to be spot or it looks retarded, like some amateur shit from deviantart. If it wants to be a landscape picture, they should take lessons from architects and artists like james gurney (yes I know, trad. v digital art), which did a wide variety of building styles and had fantastic perspective.
>>
>>54709990
If you like those, check out the journey-style artbook 'blood on the reik'. It's almost the same style art, just of the parts of the old world.
>>
>>54702487
Anybody?

I only know of Lore of Change/Fate/Savage Waaagh! because it was in the battletome previews, but the rest nothing.
>>
>>54706519
You'll need some fast units to move ahead of the rest of your non-Sayled blight kings. I'd reccomend Chaos Knights.
>>
File: Abhorash.jpg (508KB, 945x1431px) Image search: [Google]
Abhorash.jpg
508KB, 945x1431px
>>54708223
This was one of my favourites of the vampires.
>>
I know AoS has kind of become like 40k where you can have almost any "YOUR GUYS" in the setting. But without deriving too much from both the current and old Chaos Lore, is it possible to have a sensible Chaos Lord?

Yes he is committed to the Dark Gods, slaying all who oppose him and following the path to Glory but in a very practical non drooling fanatical way. He isn't overtly or comedically bloodthirsty like Lord Crull from Winter Assault, nor is he a copy paste Saturday Morning cartoon villain. He would be pragmatic.

For example, he would be more than happy to assess a situation and call a tactical retreat with shield walls. He wants to preserve the life of his men to help further his cause on his path to glory in a non machiavellian or dickish way. Or in fact he expects and embraces when challengers from within or abroad come to challenge him. If he wins, he wins but if he falls he was no longer worthy to be on the Path to Glory as a Chaos Lord.

Does that make any sense at all or is that too far gone?
>>
File: AdMech Space Pope.jpg (14KB, 248x251px) Image search: [Google]
AdMech Space Pope.jpg
14KB, 248x251px
>>54696125
As an AdMech player this made me chuckle.

>Fantasy/AoS is a testing ground for 40k is a testing ground for AoS
>>
>>54712292
> he wins but if he falls he was no longer worthy to be on the Path to Glory as a Chaos Lord.

He acknowledges he was no longer worthy*

Think of like someone who practices his motivation to he Dark Gods but is otherwise a pretty sound general tactically and strategically. Evil more so that he is aligned with Chaos than being one of the more batshit insane fellows.

Closest I could relate to would be a non banter filled version of Eliphas from Dark Crusade but with the same relative temperment.
>>
File: celestantdracoth.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
celestantdracoth.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
first time posting here, just got done with one of these, what do you think?
>>
>>54712483
Solid work anon. Looking good.
>>
>>54712292
Yeah, that's completely possible. Most chaos lords are pretty stable in the lore lately. Nurgle, tzeentch, and undivided ones mostly though. Khorne and slaanesh characters tend to be one note crazy killers. Sometimes a Lorne champion has the "silent but ruthless hunter" style leader, basically the closest they get to pragmatic.
>>
>>54712483
Looks good. Consider doing a bit more highlighting on the gold to really make it shine. Same for the hammer too. Maybe run some Agrax Earthshade over the base and gently drybrush it afterwards too, then paint the rim to neaten it up.
>>
>>54712483
take a few phone pictures and choose the one in focus, it's okay to move the camera back a little, you can crop it later and the size will be fine.
Painting wise I'm really impressed, anon!
>>
>>54712483
First time painting a model? Doesn't look too bad. Here's some criticism:

Skin of the dracoth looks good, nice job there
Dracoth teeth are monochrome, try adding some more colours there
Blue armor plates on the dracoth are too dull, you should add a bright edge highlight
Parchment looks too flat and doesn't contrast well with the metal
Metal looks a bit too dull, try adding a layer and then edge highlighting
Blue cape needs to be brightened a bit
Clean up the metal on the cloak
Add some flock and rocks to the base, and clean up the rim
Try painting the hammer emblem on the chest a different colour, it's a cool detail that is lost with your dull colours
>>
File: a reasonable man.jpg (68KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
a reasonable man.jpg
68KB, 768x433px
>>54712292
I really like this idea. Considering Chaos basically 'won' and controlled the realms for an age, there must be reasonable, fine leaders and rulers that just so happen worship chaos (obviously with a little more emotion or an iron fist, but still).
>>
Hey, all. I've gotten two old Island of Blood sets that I plan on building and painting in order to try to get people interested in Age of Sigmar in Pensacola, FL. Everything is on square bases, but I don't think that should be an issue. One thing that IS an issue, though, is that one of the kits has a mixed up sprue, meaning that from the combined kits, I'm missing a number of units, including some command for the Elf cavalry, the warlock from the Skaven, and the rat ogres from that same set.

What are some of the best ways to get people interested in a game? I know kickass paint jobs will help.
>>
File: celestantdracoth2.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
celestantdracoth2.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>54712787
>>54712830
>>54712876

these are all really good thankyou, the 40 general is a bit more harsh but these are all really helpful, and id planned on fixing it up some more before its 100% complete, i just suck at edge highlighting but standard highlighting isn't as hard for me
>>
File: celestantdracoth3.jpg (413KB, 674x791px) Image search: [Google]
celestantdracoth3.jpg
413KB, 674x791px
>>54713023
fuck sorry, image flipped
>>
>>54712774
>>54712880
Thanks for the feedback anons. My main logic was, well, 2-d characters are boring and second, Chaos is no longer the top dog in terms of soldiery anymore.

Before a Chaos Warrior or Lord could run into an Empire Knight or footsoldier and 9/10 just walk through them and take several with barely a scratch. Now you have Orruk/Black Orcs as the main who are just as capable of clonking a Chaos Warrior. Oggurs who are actually stronger and the Stormcast who can go mono a mono so over zealotry in combat is a nice way to get yourself wiped out.

Never mind, if I am not mistaken, Chaos STILL fight among one another which makes things even more dangerous. So any Chaos Lord who charged mildlessly likely got he and his followers killed.

So after all that we are left were the Chaos Lords who had more faculty than "BLOOD 4 TEH CHAOS GAAAAAWDS!"
>>
File: 1474399616913.jpg (638KB, 1500x833px) Image search: [Google]
1474399616913.jpg
638KB, 1500x833px
>>54713077 personally I think that any lord who still does that is probably strong enough to make it work. And fighting other chaos bands probably goes something like this when it comes to the crazies.
>>
>>54713752
Well when I imagine Chaos warbands fighting I am assuming in the extreme case of crazies, open dialogue isn't even an option. One side sees the other clearly charging whole sale then the other prepares to defend itself.

I am surprised the Beastman horde even has the civility to enter into a duel of commanders. I'd half expect the remaining army to spring the opposition regardless of the result.
>>
>>54713856
Even animals fight each other for dominance, anon.

They're pretty much just rutting stags.
>>
>>54697028
they are the definition of a glass cannon. If you're in a position where you are retreating from being engaged in combat then they are already dead.
>>
Quick meta clarification. How is the balance at 1k points in AoS?
>>
File: 1500190958035.png (272KB, 709x474px) Image search: [Google]
1500190958035.png
272KB, 709x474px
Would anyone mind giving feedback of this quickly put together Warscroll army for Moonclan Gobbos? What should I add? What should I drop? Is this balanced enough as far as Moonclan Grots are concerned as an "all-comers" army?

Allegiance: Destruction
Grot Warboss (80)
- General
- Moon Prodder & Giant Cave Squig
- Trait: Might is Right
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection

Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)

20 x Moonclan Grots (120)
- Stabbas & Moon Shields

20 x Moonclan Grots (120)
- Bows & Slittas

3 x Grot Fanatics (90)

4 x Grot Squig Herders (40)
15 x Cave Squigs (180)

3 x Fellwater Troggoths (200)

Grot Rock Lobber (100)

Total: 990/1000
>>
>>54702577

Looks like Chaos in the Realm of Life to me.
>>
>>54715467
IMO 1k games are the best ones. It's hard to make some weird-ass combos so every faction has a chance to shine
>>
>>54715726
I thought so. Thanks anon.
>>
Hows my Khorne list? I'm using the 400 points of allies for tzeentch

Mighty Lord of Khorne
Demon Prince of Khorne
Bloodsecrator

10 Blood warriors with Goreaxes
5 Blood warriors with Gorefists
5 Blood warriors with Gorefists
20 Bloodletters
3 Mighty Skullcrushers

Herald of Tzeentch on foot
Flamers of Tzeentch.

Me and my friends play a lot of Objective capturing games with a 3 player deathmatch. Puts me right at 1500
>>
how long does one have to wait for AoS to be released completely?
>>
>>54716073

what does that even mean?
>>
>>54716078
Think he means till all the armies get their own battle tomes.
>>
>>54716111

kind of a stupid question since NONE of us would know something like that. Why would we know the entirety of GWs release schedule?
>>
>>54716073
dark angels had to wait almost 20 years for a codex back in 4th to 6th edition 40k

genestealer cults DID wait 20+ years in 40k

AoS is not as popular as 40k
>>
File: Konrad von Carstein 3.jpg (87KB, 521x788px) Image search: [Google]
Konrad von Carstein 3.jpg
87KB, 521x788px
>>54712107
Yesss I love that one
I actually love all the Knightly Vampire aesthetic thing, imo one of the best things warhammer has done
>>
>>54716111
>>54716139
Why would GW ever release a battletome for each faction? As long as each model is covered in compendiums there is no need to release a battletome for each faction. Yeah, that would be great but as I said - there is no need
>>
>>54716382
I just want some, any Moonclan AoS Art of them battling.
>>
>>54716445
well you got white boxes, so maybe a novel or campaign book will be soon with goblins flinging themselves around
>>
>>54712292
In one or another of the Realmgate novels, there was a Skullgrinder who didn't talk to anyone, acted like a reasonable person, and then went batshit in combat. But then he went back to reasonable.
>>
>>54712292
sounds reasonable to me, wouldn't be khorne bloodbound but any slaves to darkness sounds reasonable
>>
>>54716496
>white boxes

I don't get the significance of that?
>>
>>54716545
it means GW is selling enough moonclan grots to repackage them
>>
>>54716545

repackage. Only popular models get repackages
>>
>>54716559
Woohoo! Least I know GW is still supporting them proper even if not lore wise.
>>
>>54716583
eh, I mean, it's not really supporting them, but you got a white box before most of the daemons of chaos stuff or most other destruction stuff
>>
>>54716628
Well by support as in "They are still part of AoS officially" by the companies view rather than "hmm not sure if you sold enough to keep on".
>>
>>54716668
the only things that got squatted were really old models with damaged molds (aka TK and bret)

vanilla grots might get squatted but moonclan are iconic warhammer units and distinctive (as far as goblins go)
>>
Hey /asog/ are the bases for skullcrushers the sane as for 40k bikes, I want to use them as counts as because they look awesome
>>
>>54716818
At a glance yes they look the same.
>>
>>54716818
no they're bigger
>>
File: download.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>54715599
It's almost ok, just a few things that you shuold "fix":

1. give your warboss a battle brew instead of a talisman of protection, that little fella is the idea of a glass cannon made model, your best strategy is to charge him by turn 2 into the biggest treat on the board (after giving him 2 sip of the battle brew), just try it.

2. Grots are useless in units of 20, unless used only to defend objectives, keep the in units of 40. for 1k bows are a trap choice, those 20 gobbos are gonna inflict 1/02 wounds per turn against the 10/12 of 40 spears. Also give them a bad moon icon as a banner and keep them constantly with a mystic shield (40 model with a 3+ save are nearly unkillable in a single turn).

As far as tactics are concernd, just keep the trolls close to you netters (that you should have always on the exterior of your unit).

I also admire those 15 squigs, you are gonna make some brutal damage with those.
>>
>>54716985
juggernauts are on one oval size larger than the new 40k bike bases
>>
>>54716818
Juggernauts are on 90x52mm, 40k bike bases are 75x42mm

You could probably put them on the bike bases but it would be hard to get base to base for the melee phase
>>
>>54717009
Thanks bro. Those squigs were for shock troop potential. Either flankers, damage sponges worst case or simply as more man power. I am new if you haven't figured out, been out of the scene for legit years.

>Grots are useless in units of 20

I am also taking into account my poor wallet. In that specific Warscroll, I am 30 points off the 1k limit so I am not sure I can afford both financially and in the actual game to buffer both units to 40. How should I go about this?

More than happy to go choppy choppy with both units. Thanks dude.
>>
>>54717009
>drinking twice from battle brew

since I always stick the brew on a stonehorn I never thought about goblins taking two sips as a suicide bomber

that's hilarious
>>
>>54717078
>>54717009
Forgot to mention I don't actually have the GHB on me so just took what I thought would preserve my general the best. No idea what battle brew does.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>54717071
If you are short on money you can just check on ebay "warhammer goblins" and get 20 spearmen for 15pounds, trolltrader is a great shop if you live in britain or in the EU.

>>54717078
>That's hilarious

That's not how you spell brutal
>>
>>54717100
in your hero phase you take one or two sips

if you take one sip you get +1 to hit and +1 to wound

if you take two sips you get +2 to hit and +2 to wound and then you start taking mortal wounds as your insides rot
>>
>>54717143
>
I meant more so in my Warscroll list since points wise I am also restricted to 2 x 20 Moonclan Gobbos as I need at least two batallions.

>>54717146
I don't know if I want my poor Goblin Warboss to have his stomach turn in on itself. Then again with the Squig doing potentially D6 damage, that could be pretty powerful.
>>
>>54717100
It gives you a +1 to hit/wound until your next hero phase if you take one sip or +2 tohit/wound if you take 2 sips, this also makes your model lose 1 wound per hero phase until the ned of the game.

There also is a pdf in the OP, under the resource link
>>
>>54717189
I've forgot about the battleline restrictions, in this case i would stick with 2 units of spears
>>
>>54717229
Nah I would argue in blocks of 20 you might get more out of stabbas if you position them right.
4+ 3+ at full strength vs 5+ 3+.
>>
File: a_skaven_by_mablox.jpg (83KB, 800x787px) Image search: [Google]
a_skaven_by_mablox.jpg
83KB, 800x787px
How does one make a skaven skirmish warband with 50 renown to use?
I have two Spire of Dawn boxes and some giant rats. I thought about two lists

Packmaster (16)
2x Rat Ogors (24)
10x Clanrats (10) - they are better than giant rats even if buffed by Packmaster

or

Warlock Engineer (20) or Warlord (20)
1x Warpfire thrower weapon team (14)
16x Clanrats (16)

Not sure if there is anything better that I can brew up with my models
>>
>>54717304
>>54717229
Cheers lads.

I am going to assume the Great Moonclan bonus isn't too much of a loss?
>>
>>54717322
That formation is very effective if your general gives his +1 from bellowing tyrant to a big unit of grots, or worse squigs.

It also has the little side effect of making your warboss a little ball of pure death and wounds.
just keep an hood close.
>>
>>54717322
Anyone playing moon clan, reminder that GROT FANATICS nuke anything they touch. I a shitload of chaos warriors to 3 of them.
>>
>>54717378
Well bollix. Its either that or drop the fanatics but my Goblins need some kind of viability beyond filling a quota and nets.
>>
>>54717429
you could drop 5 squigs and 2 squig herder to get the battallion, or get a second warboss.

I discourage the second if you want to still have someone to play after the game ends
>>
>>54717482
>second Warboss

I am assuming you mean I lose browny points cause I'd technically have two balls of death instead of 1?

I actually thought the wizard would be safer simply because I can dispel magic in case the enemy has it. Also a sniper.
>>
>>54717504
yup
>>
File: 647444.jpg (582KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
647444.jpg
582KB, 1536x2048px
Can someone recommend any cheap and elite army? I'm tired with "run 120 models per unit to gain your fuckin buff" bullshit. Is there anything that can be run on budget and low-model count?
No Stormcast please
>>
>>54717504
Right. No worries, I play thematically anyway and fun than WAAC. If I wanted WAAC I'd just go another army.

>>54717541
Slaves to Darkness seem up your alley.
>>
>>54717541
Ogres.
>>
>>54717541
Ironjawz
Beastclaw Raiders
Gutbusters
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
If I roll a 12 for damage on my daemonic Reaperblade special ability, can I assume my Lord has essentially pulled an Anime with some epic samurai slash on his opponent?
>>
>>54717541
ogres, iron jawz, nurgle, daemons can do it too, things like bloodcrushers and then a bloodthirster or two
>>
>>54716382
It's needed because allegiance abilities is not enough. Smaller factions also need student types of relics, priest/wizard spells, and battalions especially so we have the ability to bring more relics. I don't think gw realized this
>>
>>54717378
>>54717146
>>54717143
I just thought of something but I don't have minis on hand to actually check. Would it work if I placed my Grot Warboss directly behind the three Troggoths to block LOS and thus shield him from incoming ranged fire?
>>
>>54717541
-warherds
-Skaven Skrye , go all stormfeinds
-All blightking nurgle/rotbringers
-ogres
-all crypt horror flesh eater courts
>>
>>54717924
yeah
>>
>>54718001
WOOHOO! Thanks.
>>
>>54718095
>>54718095
reaper bones 4 is also live right now if you play at a FLGS or a friend's house, you could get a shitload of minis for cheap, including some trolls
>>
>>54717567
>Slaves to Darkness seem up your alley
Knight spam + Prince/Lord on Daemonic Mount?
>>54717764
>daemons can do it too, things like bloodcrushers and then a bloodthirster or two
Two bloodthirtsers alone would eat my whole budget desu
>>54717940
>>54717590
>Ironjawz
Are they this cheap? I mean you actually have to base your army on brutes and megaboss if you want to run an ironfist so it might be costly
>>
>>54717940
warherds are much much much more expensive than ogres
>>
>>54718205
it sounds like your budget is $200 and 2x ironjawz start collecting is the best you're going to get at so cheap

everything else we're talking about besides maybe ogres requires more money than for a full 2000 point army
>>
>>54718287
My budget is big enough for 3x start collecting equivalent but nothing more desu.
Also I want to play skirmish and 1000-1500pts games - 2000pts is a more distant future thing
>>
File: fjdnKPa3e0g.jpg (321KB, 1280x934px) Image search: [Google]
fjdnKPa3e0g.jpg
321KB, 1280x934px
Does anyone know when that Deathrattle Battletome is going to be released?
>>
>>54718478
I love that art, reminds me of an old medieval drawing of hell.
>>
>>54718390
any three start collecting sets seems like a great start

after you've got those built and painted (if you take your time 3-6 months from now) you can get something big like a blood thirster or maw krusha
>>
>>54718552
I thought the exact same lol

Pretty macabre and glorious at the same time, could perfectly be titled as "The Throne of Hades" or something among those lines.
>>
>>54718560
Not gonna lie, I was thinking about Khorne for a while. Few months ago he was the most lame Chaos God imo but khorne models are growing on me every day.
Did khorne dudes went better with a Blades of Khorne battletome release or they stuck in slow melee meme?
What about khorne daemons? Are they playable on their own without mortals and big stuff like bloodthirster? I heard that with no bloodthrister there is no point of playing daemons
>>
>>54718390
Three start collecting daemons of khorne gives you: 1560 points if you build

Three Heralds, Three Cannons, Nine Bloodcrushers, Thirty Bloodletters

Don't be too intimidated by the thirty bloodletters, if you really don't want to paint them you can just base coat, wash, drybrush and they look great. But if you're going for maximum enjoyment of the hobby then this gives you a load to paint up.

For Ironjawz if you can swing it and they still have the Ironjawz Weirdnob Warband available then 2x start collecting and 2x weirdnob boxes are incredible, it's a little over 300 but it nets you

1660 points with Two Warchanters, Two Weirdnobs, Six gore gruntas, Ten Brutes, Thirty 'Ardboys for a powerful 144 wounds of stuff (with lots of good saves and wizard access means hello mystic shield)
>>
>>54718659
Straight Daemons suffers compared to mixed khorne because no priests or bloodsecrator.

Massed bloodcrushers is nothing to scoff at, and if you're harassing with bloodcrushers while a 30 man blob of bloodletters marches upfield you get to do a slow motion bloodletter bomb

(If you don't know, there's a tourney list where you use a forgeworld wizard to teleport 30 bloodletters into a turn 1 charge which massacres whatever it gets shoved into)

So yeah, mixed khorne gets more toys and support options, but straight demons has bloodletters as battleline which means if you're starting with three start collectings you can shove the 30 blood letters into one big pile, which means if a herald triggers the ability you get to make your opponent cry.

The herald ability lets you activate a bloodletter unit immediately after completing the activation of a herald, which means if you run 3x heralds and 30 letters, and have them within range of each other, during combat you activate 3 heralds and then 30 bloodletters before the opponent can swing, which is devastating

The whole "no bloodthirster, why bother" is somewhat true, Daemons of Chaos are sevrely limited in terms of model options, you have some fancy HQ options but your actual units are bloodletters, bloodcrushers or skullcannons.

So yeah, mixed khorne is flat out better than daemons because you don't lose anything for taking khorne allegiance over khorne daemon allegiance and that really opens up priests, more battleline options (marauders are great and cheap on the points), and bloodsecrators.

HOWEVER what I would argue is this isn't a negative for khorne daemons, but rather a boon, starting with even two start collectings (1040 points) gives you a lot of freedom for expanding your army, slaves to darkness (with mark of khorne), bloodbound, and even things like bloodthirsters really let you expand your army into whatever you want
>>
>>54718709
>Don't be too intimidated by the thirty bloodletters, if you really don't want to paint them you can just base coat, wash, drybrush and they look great
Mate, I have assembled, cleaned moldlines and painted 80 clanrats. I'm ready for anything.
I already have an idea for bloodletters - I thought about painting them grey, drybrush so they will look like monuments and then paint their eyes and tongues red - a quick and easy scheme
But are 30 bloodletters enough? I see that they get a 20+ models buff so I will have to run something like 20-30 of them per unit which doesn't seem to fit the "low-model count" requirement desu
>>
File: Skull_Knight_Berserk.png (253KB, 718x900px) Image search: [Google]
Skull_Knight_Berserk.png
253KB, 718x900px
>>54689378
Soon. Settra will return & become an Egyptian Gaiseric.
>>
>>54718857
the low model count is about the bloodcrushers, the three heavy cav are battleline if you're khorne daemons

also if you went three SC! and didn't want three cannons 2x herald, 1x bloodthrone, 9x crushers, 30 letters, 2 cannons is 1420 points which is great for 1500 point games etc etc (although in GHB2017 you'll be able to take 30 letters at a discounted point cost, so 3x cannon is probably the better build to future proof a 1500 point list)

Like in all our recommendations (like ironjawz) there are units which aren't low model count which you get really cheap in start collecting sets, ardboys for example.

If you truly want minimum model count then ogres is your only option
>>
>>54718923
tomb king shit posters please leave
>>
>>54718478
never
>>
>>54718478
the lack of perspective makes the whole tomb fortress thing look like a cardboard cutout ffs

Why can't geedubs hire actual established artists?
>>
Just wondering if any other UK anons with a subscription have received this months White Dwarf yet? I've seen pictures of it online and still haven't got mine.

This is starting to piss me off, after them holding back the 40k release issue 3 weeks late, every issue after has also been arriving whenever the fuck they feel like. I thought i was supposed to get this shit early?
>>
>>54719240
I personally like this "weird" perspectives tho
>>
>>54719240
Looks cool to me. Certainly beats more Stormcast art.
>>
>>54719498
I don't mind distorted perspective, hell the old Blanch stuff for 40k had terrible perspective too but it kinda worked with his strange art style and colour palette.
This just looks like a 14 year old tried to design a Magic the Gathering card art.
>>
File: 7413453440_76d5bcbd66_b.jpg (400KB, 818x1024px) Image search: [Google]
7413453440_76d5bcbd66_b.jpg
400KB, 818x1024px
Damn you total war now I have to buy these things
>>
File: DAt5EGuVoAA4T43.jpg (1MB, 1995x1965px) Image search: [Google]
DAt5EGuVoAA4T43.jpg
1MB, 1995x1965px
>>54718271
>caring
>>
>>54719773
Are Warherds actually good in AoS? Or are they better complimented with combined arms with Beastmen and/or Chaos Warriors
>>
>>54719854
Yeah theyre bretty gud, hit like fucking trucks and charge 15" into combat

They arent top tier but theyre better than a lot of other legacy stuff
>>
File: 6t0gj65pvcr.jpg (238KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
6t0gj65pvcr.jpg
238KB, 600x800px
>>54719854
In my opinion the rule of 1 for additional attack abilities must have come from Gorgons. They smash the shit out of anything.

Otherwise they are ok but more for fun than to be competitive because they have no battle tome yet.

Minotaurs with great axes and gorgons are the fun of the army.
Doombull and the cygor is a bit underwhelming.
Most people use a few squads of ungor with bows to cap objectives (80 points or 60 points with melee weapons instead) and use minotaurs to smash stuff,
>>
>>54719878
>>54719921
Guess that little fluff piece by the Sigmar dude wasn't for nothing. That's cool, cause of all the non Chaos Warrior minis I love them the most.

>Doombull is a bit underwhelming

Surely he can be screened behind his fellow Minos and charge with them?

Also I guess they can fight it out in melee pretty good vs the other Chaos factions?
>>
>>54720009
doombulls tend to die immediately to shooting

youll want to bring one for a command ability but hide him behind scenery
>>
>>54720041
Jesus Christ. Guess he can't be screened then. RIP.
>>
>>54720082
cant screen against shooting in aos, unless you block LOS theres nothing to stop you from targetting anything
>>
>>54720124
Oh yeah I meant LOS. Like say, put him behind other Minotaurs of comparable size.
>>
>>54720135

still cant do that i'm pretty sure. Its either you're behind scenery, or you can be targeted if within range
>>
>>54720332
you can block LOS with other models
>>
>>54720332
I think that wacky true LOS rule is in play but I don't know how he Doombull stacks up to others so, could still be a pin cushion even if that is the case.
>>
>>54720332
It's TLOS technically, but I don't know anyone who'd stick to that instead of more reasonable "units block los to things of same size"
>>
>>54720418
That's not as clear as you think it is. What constitutes 'same size'?
>>
>>54720418

what if I modeled 10 warriors to be standing on pillars and 10 on normal bases, would the pillar warriors block LoS?

What are the actual LoS rules for AoS, word for word?
>>
>>54720522
Dude read the rules and see for yourself. There's only 4 pages of them. The GHB doesnt alter or clarify this part any.
>>
>>54720522
read the 4 page rules
>>
Question, does anyone know if you can create a "Spirit of Durthu" with the kits in the following box?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Start-Collecting-Sylvaneth
>>
>>54720648
All the kits in the start collecting boxes are complete kits. No options removed. So if the treelord kit can make durthu, then the one in start collecting sylvaneth can too.
>>
>>54720662
Awesome, thanks!
>>
>>54720662
i think the only exception is the SC kit which comes with easy-to-build retributors and no starsoul maces
>>
>>54720463
What you and the opponent agree on. Unless you play competitively, but why the fuck would you waste time on playing AoS as one?
>>
>>54720889
Yep. Not as cut and dry as you think.
>>
New thread where?!
>>
>>54720969
Here you go

NEW BREAD
>>54721031
>>54721031
>>54721031
NEW BREAD
>>
>>54719477
subs aren't supposed to be early, the leaks from south america where the postal system doesn't give a fuck and just sends shit out whenever

the 40k WD wasn't late either, they needed to offset the week it was sent because the calendar year means you'd get 13 issues some years if they shit out magazines every 4 weeks
>>
>>54719773
the first fucking post was along the lines of "I want an inexpensive low model count army" and minotaurs are twice as expensive as ogre bulls
>>
>>54719921
rule of 1 came from ripperdactls you ignorant buffoon
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.