[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earlier, I was playing in a game. There was a tough battle and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Earlier, I was playing in a game. There was a tough battle and very important battle, and we were in a very poor spot. Two players were rolling absolutely terribly throughout the fight, and were barely able to do anything.

It was up to me to save the day, and I did. Through quick thinking and a stupendously lucky series of rolls, I turned the entire situation upside-down in a spectacular display. When it was time for one other character (whose player had been rolling terribly all battle) to finish off the boss of the encounter, with an attack roll that was almost sure to hit, they rolled awfully regardless. Fortunately, my character's ability forced a reroll. Even after I announced the reroll ability, since the player was too stunned to respond in the face of a highly improbable miss, I made the reroll for them, and it landed.

After the battle, those two players who were drowning in misfortune seemed very disgruntled, if not displeased towards me. Another player was quiet and passive. It was clear that the mood was sour and that my saving of the day was received poorly, rather than amicably. Why could this have been the case?
>>
Are you telling us a riddle or a story?
>>
File: 524bdc0445fa085f0af0e9a187543ab2.jpg (560KB, 1471x696px) Image search: [Google]
524bdc0445fa085f0af0e9a187543ab2.jpg
560KB, 1471x696px
>>54689077

I am confused with regards to the behavior of the other two players, who are not forthcoming with details regarding why their emotional states remain so agitated by this turn of events.
>>
>>54688199
Ask the players why they were in a bad mood
>>
>>54689440

People want to succeed on their own merit, not with the help of others. It's patronizing. But at the same time, that's a silly reason to be upset, and theyre aware of it, so they aren't able to express it without admitting their own pettiness.
>>
>>54689440

Is this a bit, or do you genuinely speak like an android trying to learn human emotion?
>>
>>54688199
It does not feel good to be so thoroughly upstaged.
>>
>>54688199
>rolling for someone else without their consent
absolutely disgusting
>>
>>54688199
Rolling for another player was really rude. It implied they were too weak/stupid/generally incompetent to do something this simple themselves, which probably then compounded the irrational feeling of inadequacy their poor rolls caused them. Don't do this ever.

As for why the other player was disgruntled, there's not enough information to say anything with certainty.
>>
>>54689766
Wow nigger thats the most autistic thing I've ever read
>>
>>54689800
And what are you going to do about that, mate?
>>
>>54689569
2hu is autismotron.
>>
>>54689843
Laugh knowing that some people are so fragile they have emotion breakdowns over who rolls a die.
>>
>>54689874
You'll have to laugh at a larger half of /tg/. That's a lot of work.
>>
>>54688199
>>54689440
What? Someone translate this to what a human might speak.
>>
File: fyodor mikhailovich.jpg (879KB, 1557x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fyodor mikhailovich.jpg
879KB, 1557x1000px
>>54689552
Probably this.
>>
>>54688199
Have you tried talking to them?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.