[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you beat marines now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I'l admit I got into 8th edition a couple weeks later than everyone else but since the very first game i played I've yet to win a game after 8 games played.

I play exclusively at my local GW who have a policy of matching imperials against non imperials and as a not imperial player (Alpha Legion, Chaos Daemons and Orks) all my games have been against imperials (Read: Space Marines). I've tried pretty much every unit I own at this point and not once have I come close to winning. It's so frustrating because every time i play its always the same bullshit.

Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with space marines?
>>
>>54680470
Play marines chapter with their own codex that came out after generic one.
>>
>>54680507
"Buy a new army" isn't exactly the solution i was looking for.
>>
>>54680470
what do they typically run?

im assuming all of them are running guillliman?
>>
>>54680616
Gullliman is in more games than he's not for sure, and if he's absent there's usually a captian/chapter master and lieutenant in his stead. Lots of primaris, helllasters in particular.
>>
>>54680470
C'tan shards with bubble wrap have given me good results.
>>
>>54680686
autocannons are decent against primaris I've found, as each failed armor save is a dead marine. anything that does 2 damage a shot, really.

Bobby g. is just straight broken. I'm sad that gw didn't nerf him with the new codex, this is coming from a marine player.

snipers are generally worthless against him so your best bet if you wanna try and snipe him is to use a flyer to get closest to him.

otherwise it's best to play objectives when he's around. don't let your opponent talk you into kill point games, as access to primaris means he almost always had less kill points to give than you.

predators are really good too.
>>
>>54680470
Your store sounds awful.

Just tell them no and play who you'd like.
>>
Don't play versus Guilliman unless your opponent agrees to nerf him. A good way to do that is if he takes the +1 wound warlord trait, which makes him independently targetable.
>>
>>54680470
A general piece of advice against marines, but especially Guilliman is to try to get ahold of mortal wounds. Chaos Daemons have a lot of psykers, so casting as many Smites per phase as you possibly can may work out.
>>
>>54680470
a renegade knight with twin avenger gatling cannons absolutely mauls primaris marines.

expensive, both in points and dollars though. but if people are bringing gilly they don't get to bitch about superheavies
>>
>>54681334
>A good way to do that is if he takes the +1 wound warlord trait, which makes him independently targetable.
If the GW store makes you go RAW you'll have to use the UM Warlord trait, sadly.
>>
>>54680470
>run 150 boyz
>daisy chain them to your backline painboyz/warboss
>bring a tissue for imperial tears.
>>
>>54681743
Ork daisy chains make me happy.

I enjoy the mental image of a queue of orks passing messages down the line.

"DA BOSS SEZ KEEP CHOPPIN LADZ, PASS IT ON!"
>>
>>54680470
Plasma. Energy weapons. Lots.
>>
>>54680470

Orks can beat SM soundly. So can Daemons depending on your god. If the C:SM player cheeses as hard as he can and you're not a much better player than he is, of course he's going to win.
>>
>>54680994
Bubble wrap? And which shard?

I haven't been able to play 8th all summer, it's killing me. I can't wait to get back to it and rock some Necrons.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.