[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever been in an evil campaign? How did it go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0457.gif (220KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0457.gif
220KB, 320x238px
Have you ever been in an evil campaign?

How did it go
>>
>>54675871
Are you planning on running one?
>>
>>54675915
Yes but in a skeletor sense
>>
>>54675871
Badly.
>>
>>54675871
We ran around doing assassinations for a lich, got promoted and rewarded with our own airship and crew, did more missions, accidentally started the apocalypse, got promoted again and became nobles, got lost on another plane, everyone died except for my character. We weren't really vile individuals, for the most part, we were just getting paid to kill people and weren't concerned with people who got in our way. Every so often we would help people out if there was no reason not to. For most of the campaign I lead, and we would do things like challenging our assassination targets to a duel to decide the fate of their city, after getting them drunk and planting landmines. On the one hand, we were being nice and orderly, but we would always stack the odds in our favor.

Then the new characters were all good so the DM had to scramble to figure out how my character could switch sides. We could have just started a new campaign, but the arc of the entire thing was fun (especially as the only person with a character who survived since session one).
>>
>>54675871
Ran one. The party took over a small town and ran it with an iron fist. Each party member taking responsibility for an aspect of the government. Slowly spreading their land until they owned half the country they were in and started a civil war to win the other half. Party broke up due to scheduling problems unfortunately.
>>
Would you make a character the leader?

Would he have to be stronger than the group?
>>
>>54675954
The best kind of evil. Rape and torture style evil campaigns always end up as really disgusting power fantasies that only psychopaths would find fun.
>>
>>54675871
I'm running one now. It's going pretty well! My players made great characters who were reanimated by a necromancer. They were mostly good people before they died in cruel and tragic ways so they're not just raping and pillaging. Some towns and cities they pass through wind up being the better for it.

They're on a quest to reforge a blade that can kill gods, and the last thing they need is to steal the pommel stone kept in a powerful king's crown. Half the group has a bone to pick with him, so they're eager.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1481019161792.jpg (72KB, 552x793px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1481019161792.jpg
72KB, 552x793px
>>54675871
>Have you ever been in an evil campaign?
Several
>How did it go
Pretty good. I have also run a couple of evil, or borderline evil games. It works best when the players still think they are heroes. The campaigns I played and ran in all varied evil wise. A few of these games used two teams of opposing players. Here is a few.

Inomine
>Angels vs Demons in the modern world. I played in four campaigns. Once as an Angel, the other three were all demons. The tone for these games swung between Good Omens and Supernatural.

World of Darkness
>We ran so many WoD games of questionable morality, I have lost count. When we were Cam, we were bastards. Sabbat, bigger bastards. Mage, bastards that warped reality. Someone ran a Technocracy game which was fun. Vampire had the highest TPK percentage. These were political games, and my friends were acting like murderhobos.

Exalted
>Aside from playing several Abyssal and Wild Hunt campaigns, there were mixed cast games. Betrayal for everybody!

Nine Princes in Amber
>This is where our inner sociopathy had the chance to shine. Genocide, torture, etc, etc. Stuff that would Game of Thrones to Shame.

Diceless homebrews
>Inspired by Amber a couple of GMs ran diceless games in a variety of genres. Fantasy, science fiction, superheroes, horror, etc. Again players were in separate camps and really bad shit ensued.

Fantasy Diplomacy
>This game was great. It combined some of the diceless Amber RPG, and the mechanics from the Diplomacy board game. Each of us built a nation, made alliances, and broke them.
>>
File: 1494505532106.jpg (8KB, 250x116px) Image search: [Google]
1494505532106.jpg
8KB, 250x116px
>>54679759
>continued.

On the Edge
>Atlas games rpg of weird conspiracy. Again we broke up along factional lines, and did terrible things.

Dungeons & Dragons
>while we have never played an official Evil campaign, there have been plenty of morally questionable ones. My favorite was an all monster party. Mostly kobolds with a bugbear and dark elf. We were defending our underground town from "evil" humans. The bugbear was a friend of the kobold community, and the dark elf an exiled sorcerer turned mercenary.

Star Wars
>I ran a Jedi hunter game, as did a friend of mine. Different systems. Both parties were a mix of dark side adepts, storm trooper commandos, imperial agents, and bounty hunters.

Scholomance/ Harry Potter
>again this was a situation where I ran a campaign under one system, and some friends of mine another. Both were black magic school games inspired by Harry Potter and Scolomance.
>>
When our regular DM wanted a break from DMing for a while, another friend took over.

We did a side-campaign set 700 years before our regular campaign, playing a party of Vecna cultists, and shit our baddies did in the past ended up effecting the story in our primary campaign.

As you'd expect from an evil campaign, the party members either really loved or really hated each other, and their devotion to Vecna (or fear of him) was what kept the group cooperating and on-task.

It's not impossible to run an evil campaign, just don't expect it to last long-term. It works best as a short thing or a one shot.
>>
>>54679759
>Implying the righteous Wyld Hunt is evil.
>>
>>54675871
Pretty well

>Planescape Setting
>Prelude was our characters as heroes dying in a temple by the hand of a dark god

We woke up 500 years later in the now abandoned and dilapidated temple, reawakened by the last etchling of power the god had.

>We play as avatars of the dark god
>What little power the god got was from the blood of a young band of adventurers that just died in an ancient trap
>This is the GM giving us starting equipment
>With so little power, the dark god couldn't completely wipe the memories of the original bodies
>This was the GM giving us a way out if we wanted to turn this into a good campaign at any point

It was a fun game. The dark god needed worshippers and the only gate we had led to your standard fantasy realm. We shifted approaches depending on the area we visited, from outright brutal approaches to intimidate the local populace, to creating false cults secretly dedicated to the dark god instead.

When we got bored of the concept, GM gave us a "good" ending with the Dark God resurrected and the characters in charge of major, partially self-created institutions in the conquered lands.
>>
>>54675871
I started a bank.
>>
Pretty good, but it got super out of hand. I think we were expecting something with a smaller scale.
>>
>>54679958
>black magic school game
Tell me more
>>
>>54675871

I am currently in a campaign where the party is a bunch of pirates. We aren't super evil, like going around raping, torturing, and enslaving or anything, but we are still pirates - we support ourselves by attacking others and taking their stuff.

It's going pretty well. The DM has put a lot of thought into the local factions and populations. So far we have pissed in the cornflakes of the big lawful good organization that is on a crusade against piracy and the like, and have whomped on some rival pirates.
>>
>>54675871
Yes and it went well because there was one important unbreakable rule

"You are all horrible cunts, but you are all horrible cunts together"
>>
>>54675871
>Have you ever been in an evil campaign?
Not really, but in one DRYH campaign, one of the other party members was a paedophile who took over Mother When's school after the woman mysteriously disappeared one day, and we all used it as our collective base while ignoring that the school was basically being turned into a massive underage harem for the PC.

So I guess that kinda counts?
>>
File: DraculaPlay.jpg (29KB, 329x475px) Image search: [Google]
DraculaPlay.jpg
29KB, 329x475px
>>54675871
I played in a evil campain once. WoD vamp. In game the locals had been fucking up royally and hunters had started to infect the area. The PCs kept fucking up until we got hit by a fake road block. The hunters had set up the road block to ambush and screw us over. We fought for a round until we found ourselves in over our heads. mofos had smuggled military gear. Literally fuck us. We split and ran, my PC got blown out into a family home. glass everywhere mom and dad on the ground. I rolled on out of there into the backyard and hid. Hunter enter the house. I'm hiding under the fucking porch. I don't make a sound. ... Until I hear a meep of a kid hiding under the porch with me. I shhed him up. and then I waited for hunters to leave. they left. Kid asks me
"Our you a bad man?"
sad tone "I'm a very bad bad man."
"oh I'm sorry"
"It's ok" Grab kid. drink him to the floor. I'm a bastard but I'm an honest bastard. I call the police afterwards, and told them it was a car crash. Loss of blood. I'm a bastard but I wasn't a monster. yet.
>>
File: 1490738382005.jpg (152KB, 640x935px) Image search: [Google]
1490738382005.jpg
152KB, 640x935px
>>54683525
What system and setting?
>>
>>54683555

The game is based on the legend of Scholomance. A school in the Transylvanian alps where the Devil teaches black magic. I used Ghosts of Albion, which is based on the Cinematic Unisystem. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Army of Darkness. Attached is the quickstart rules for GoA.
>>
File: Ghosts of Albion Scholamance.pdf (34KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Ghosts of Albion Scholamance.pdf
34KB, 1x1px
>>54683555
>>54685866

Here is a PDf player handout on the Scholomance game.
>>
>>54675871
One supervillain one actually

Was in a PbP game I went to because my irl group broke up because 3 of them were moving away for college. It was a Mutants and Masterminds game where I played as Quick Fix, a government weapons techie who had a very strange car accident that granted him time manipulation powers. It also caused a build up of temporal energy that had negative effects if it built up too much(something I left vague for the DM to do what he wanted with. The only thing I said was the last "overload" blew my house out of sync with the rest of the timestream). Quick Fix knew how dangerous things could get if people discovered he could manipulate time, so he passed himself off as having superspeed. His costume was adorned with racing stripes, he spoke and moved quickly, even his name was carefully picked to imply he was a speedster.

His goals were simple.
A: Research his powers to find a way to stop the Temporal Overloads.
B: Find a way to duplicate the process, if possible.
C: Use the found process to create a private army of time manipulating super soldiers and hire them out to the highest bidder, retiring to a life of luxury with the mad cash I'll be making. Obviously I'll ensure the soldiers aren't as powerful as I am in case anyone gets any funny ideas.

We ended up having one fight against super-cops(where I defeated a real speedster), discovered the timeline was altered(only me and another time-sensitive villain remembered the original timeline) and we were getting railroaded into saving the world from the one who did this(we only knew he suddenly appeared back in WW2 and single-handedly defeated the Axis forces)....when the GM suddenly up and vanished.
>>
Its been a couple of years but i'll do my best to remember it.

We were all called to a small down by someone to do some underhanded work. Right from the get go we started to push out other gangs and made our own base in the sewers. We then started to help some of the people who the other gangs had been extorting money from, offering help and calling our selves "The heroes."
As we pushed out the other gangs we went to the 2 biggest news papers and gained their support, then also infiltrated the guards, with myself (a changling prostitute rogue/bard) and an inquisitor ending up as deputies and serving as missinformation and intel gathering for us all.

The true evil didn't start til we started to offer not just protection, but also helped rebuild someone's house who had been burnt down by a rival gang(one of our people actually did it.) and then after fixing it for free, announced that we would offer services to insure anyone's damage they received. Effectively starting an insurance racket.

We then killed some dragon or something and were harolded as heroes and got a shit ton of press and everyone loved us, all the while we made a shit ton of money.
>>
I have never wanted anything more than being in an evil campaign and just being a giant buffoon.
>>
File: 1498595195558.jpg (128KB, 751x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1498595195558.jpg
128KB, 751x1063px
>me as a pedo succubus
>other players where a mummy, a vampire and an evil monk
>we were bound by an oath to kill the elven governors of a human reign
>elves were too powerful for a frontal attack
>we decided to turn their people against them
>everyone loves the elves
>some suggestions and rumors about elven nazi treating humans like cattle didn't work
>while the other keep their failed attempts, I came with a plan of my own
>I disguised as a child and lure/suggested all other children from the area to come and play in the forest
>all kids get raped and murdered in a very edgy roleplay with unecessary details
>spread elven runes all over the bodies and trees
>turn into a generic elderly woman and start a scandal about what I saw in the forest
>revolution is afoot
>peasants storm the elve's castle with the support of most of the milita
>loot and burn until the elves show up
>they teleport away the peasants and kick our asses in a very exaggerated way, DM was obviously "cheating"
>turns out we were never supposed to face them like that
>campaign cancelled because DM deemed us "too evil"
>>
Have you ever been a villain?
Have you ever caught a good guy, like a real paladin?
Have you ever tried a Disguise check?

No? I can see I will have to teach you how to play in an evil campaign.
>>
I always play in evil campaigns. The other players just don't know about it.
>>
File: Qhound1.png (4KB, 147x159px) Image search: [Google]
Qhound1.png
4KB, 147x159px
>>54689350
>Too evil for the evil elf-killing, kingdom-destroying campaign
>GM mad that you didn't charge the castle alone like a bunch of paladins
>>
>>54675871
yes, but we were all devil cultists, our enemy was orcus and a lot of undead, oh and we were all dragons
it's a long story
>>
Not a campaign but I played a one off where everyone happend to be evil. We were tasked to drive a religious order out of town and/or dispose of their leader. We killed almost everyone by locking them inside and setting fire to it. The townpeople hated that order so celebrations were had when we rounded up and executed the stragglers.

We also became the leaders of the town because the mayor was glad to be rid of that hive of scum and villainry
>>
>>54689559
This was almost five years ago and the DM is still mad. Everytime rpg session or conversation about rpg makes him go "dude, the children, how could you" failing to grasp the concept of rpg itself.

We had a fight almost a year ago because I have a daughter and he was stating that children should not be punished physically, while I said that it would depend on the level of the mischief and the reincidence. He brought the evil game up as if somehow reflected my true intentions, we stopped talking since them.
>>
>>54675871
I've always wanted to play in a Seers of the Throne game. Never had the opportunity to roll with the winners before.
>>
> Get to town outside the dungeon
> Paladin of Fu Leng sacrifices half the town in a blood ritual
> Necromancer raises half the blood sacrifices to have a dance party.
> Flesh eating catgirl ninja eats the other half
> Rest of the party decide to adopt a 6 year old girl after murdering her family in front of her
> Finally make it to the dungeon
> 6 YO is party mascot and travelling DMPC now.
> Cat is teaching it the wonders of canabalism, necro is teaching it the glory of the death gods, leng-adin is trying to convince it to accept shadowlands taint

But somehow I'm the asshole for saying that we shouldn't just take the word of a random kid we stole that something is a teleporter and not a disintegrator.
>>
>>54689768
>plays muh edgy pedo succubus
>describes violent rape, murder and mutilation of children
>is shocked that people are uncomfortable
>'buh-but I was only roleplaying'

Anon, as hard as it is to believe, some people do not enjoy pretending to abuse children. There is a difference between playing an evil character, and freaking everyone out with what they will (rightly or wrongly) assume are your twisted fantasies. Even if the child-raping was a necessary part of the plan, you didn't need to describe it in detail. Just hint at it and let the others use their imagination.
>>
File: 1500875413266.jpg (122KB, 570x776px) Image search: [Google]
1500875413266.jpg
122KB, 570x776px
>>54691984
>teleporter or disintegrator?
Awesome. Did this turn into a TPK?
>>
>>54675871
It was a blast, Deadlands campaign set in the deep Southwest. Played off as a Saturday morning cartoon bad guys mixed with good old Western Mccreedy Gang shenanigans. We also killed Santa Claus, for surprisingly justified reasons.
>>
>>54675871
I'm playing in one where all the PCs ARE goblinoids or some other monster serving goblins, and it's pretty damn fun. I got to be a shaman, which amounts to screaming about THE GLORY OF MAGLUBIYET and manipulating the tribe with the small prestige that comes with my title. It's fun.
>>
>>54675871
Well I have, to this date, not finished a single campaign. So the same for that one.

I've been playing tabletops almost every week for 12 years.
>>
It went pretty great. Was our first shot at a Black Crusade campaign. Our Tzeentch heretek had his fingers in everyone's pies and the Slaaneshi was starting to gather a cult. Shame it all fell apart because the Slaaneshi tried to back stab the khornate that just wanted to be pointed in a direction and told to rip and tear. And all over the fact the berserker found some fancy lightning claws after a hard fought battle against a boss he personally challenged before the glory of Khorne.
>>
>>54693561
Nah it was a teleporter maze I was just playing a paranoid nut job.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.