[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Most Powerful User of Magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Archmage.png (311KB, 350x497px) Image search: [Google]
Archmage.png
311KB, 350x497px
What should the most powerful practitioner of magic look like?
In your mind, personal bias or based on pre conceived notions.

Old man? Old woman? Sexy sorceress?
Human? Elf? Ancient species?
A giant eyeball from space perhaps?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheArchmage
>>
>>54673607
A nervous system hovering in mid-air, suspended and sustained by pure magical energy. Spells are used to speak, sense the world, and eat. The body is gone but the mind remains.
>>
>>54673607
the most powerful example of a class in my setting usually look like the archetypal example of one, to underscore that they are the purest form of one

so the most powerful mage in my setting has wizard robes and pointy hat, a-la mickey mouse, and has alchemy symbols on everything he owns
he has the single largest repository, needing a demi-plane to hold all his knowledge, and constantly wandering every plane in existence for something new to learn
>>
>>54673681
I bet his beard looks fabulous
>>
File: image.png (226KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
226KB, 500x450px
Whatever they want to look like.

(If it were up to me, I would personally take the form of something along the lines of a mass of stars. I think looking like a flying nebula would be sick.
>>
>>54673607
The most powerful user of magic is the man (or a woman, but fuck these pronouns, man is gender neutral when I use it, as it was meant to be) who is magic itself. In a time before language, as symbols and gestures and sounds and patterns were only just forming a role in the supernatural, a man was the first to claim a true name, for he was the first on the precipice of an age of names, and that name through the evolution of language became magic. He sleeps in the mind, sits on the tongue, rides on the air, and is etched in all things with a name that can be invoked.
>>
Just an old man, probably bald or balding, in tattered brown robes, with a dusty ass book in his hands
>>
File: mage.jpg (63KB, 462x983px) Image search: [Google]
mage.jpg
63KB, 462x983px
>>54673607
human (at some point) lich obsessed with attaining knowledge and experience so much he saw no other way to grasp its immensity despite miserable lifespan than discarding mortality and what was humane in him

or some ancient species / weird stuff from other planes

point is I think to be the most powerful you'd have to have huge amounts of time paired with discipline, dedication and aptness to learn and to do magic, also readiness to venture around the world to seek unknown and hone your practical skills
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (101KB, 400x383px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
101KB, 400x383px
>>54673607
All other answers are pleb
>>
>>54673607
The strongest practicioner of what type of magic?
Some magic can be learner, some you are born with, some comes from other entities, some from within, some is in runes, some in songs.

If you wish for an entity that is strongest in all aspects, then only a god can do that, someone with infinite lifespan to travel, study, discover and master new forms and ways.
>>
>>54673607
>>54674864
Also, the strongest practicioner of magic can have any shape he wants to have.
>>
an old antisocial weirdo in his pajamas
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.