[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questionable War Time Ethics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 38

File: 1480779858129.jpg (787KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1480779858129.jpg
787KB, 750x1000px
Imagine yourself as a soldier/trooper serving your proud nation and government and you're being sent to go to war against an enemy country/nation/faction. But you and your fellow soldiers are encouraged to go all out against the enemy, as in go ahead and commit alot of brutal acts that're considered war crimes like:

>killing your enemies when they surrender

>treat captured enemies as badly as possible

>demolish the enemy infrastructure so hostiles cannot further utilize it in the future

>go ahead and loot the enemy's heritage artifacts

>demolish and destroy their historic monuments and landmarks that represent their pride, to hurt and damage their pride

>loot their crops and farms then burn and salt their lands afterwards so they'll never grow anything again once the war's over

>destroy more of their history, culture and heritage, such as destruction of their museums and historical sites to further demoralize them

>literally dump the bodies of slain enemy forces on their besieged people (gather ALOT of dead enemy soldiers and put it in a high altitude cargo plane and then drop teh bodies of the slain foes over the besieged enemies and their people to scare them and make 'em sick)

>destruction of the enemy nation's memorials, national cemeteries and graveyards either because your nation has had beef with the enemy, or just as a plain old fuck you to them

Just imagine the enemy you're fighting is not only hated and vilified by your nation and government. But the International Community also hates and vilifies the nation/country you and your fellow forces are warring with, so therefore any war crimes and "atrocities" against the enemy would not be give a damn about. Because the enemy and country you're warring against just so happens to be hated and vilified so very much.

So discuss as to what if this be a setting for your campaign and game session, or how you'd be participating in such a scenario.
>>
Oh and of course lets make or assume this as a fictional scenario of course!

No relation to real life politics and political shit flinging please.

So discuss!
>>
>>54672648
pic related?
>>
>>54672464
I like how that soldier is apparently playing Pokemon
>>
>>54672464

... so essentially genocide and cultural cleansing?
>>
>>54672464
Sounds like a bad idea, it would probably trigger most people if you played it straight and a lot of players would rebel against a DM running such a campaign and either try to A. help the enemy, or B. turn it into a sort of comedy so they don't have to feel emotionally conflicted.

That said I'm pretty comfortable with moral relativism so assuming the point is to play the campaign as written I'd try to play it straight with someone who hates the enemy and is gung ho about the whole thing, depending on how the campaign goes and the other players reaction maybe he'll have a change of heart after WPing a bunch of civvies or something, but assuming it's played straight it would probably just be dark shit all the time. 'nam type shit turned up to 11. I mean that in more ways than one since the enemy in this situation under such attack would probably entirely militarize and rely on asymmetric warfare and tactics like terror and fighting to the very last. Combine the Basij with the Viet Cong and add a gallon of desperation and you'll start to get the idea.
>>
File: it says here youre a heretic.png (206KB, 485x631px) Image search: [Google]
it says here youre a heretic.png
206KB, 485x631px
>>54672464
I am playing a character who follows the code of Chivalry. He would fight the enemy but would not partecipate in wanton destruction at all: instead he would protect the civilians from the soldiers should they run into any of them.

For he follows the laws of Heaven and Chivalry that are above the laws of mortal men.
>>
>>54672700
>So happens to be wielding a Nintedo DS
>AHAHA! PERSON MUST BE PLAYING POKEMON!

You do realize there are many other games for the Nintendo DS asides fucking Pokemons. Maybe the character at OP image is playing Fire Emblems while trying to waifu up Camilla in a role reversal relationship?
>>
>>54672760
...I can read kana. She said "gymleader."
>>
>>54672760
I seriously hope you are pretending to be retard.

>やた!!
>ジムリーダー倒した!!
Paraphrased "hooray!! Finally defeated the gym leader!!"
>>
>>54672684
No, not really. Just a random image of an army-soldier that I just figured to used as a cover image because I did not have any other image to compliment the topic.
>>
>>54672708
it's only cleansing and genocide, if they continue after the enemy has surrendered.
Trying to break the enemy's spirit is valid tactic in war.
They are trying to destroy your land and people, holding back and fighting nice is not a luxury you can afford.
As long as non-combatants aren't rounded up and slaughtered in the streets in mass, it is all fair.
Distasteful, yes, but that is the nature of war.
>>
>>54672760
FIRE EMBLEM FAG BTFO
>>
>>54672731
Unless the enemy is a godless Saraceen scum, of course. In which case it's his sacred duty to follow the OP's list.
>>
>>54672857
What God calls us to do upon those godless people is one thing: complete purge and destruction of their lands so that nothing of them remains, wiping them forever from the face of the earth and of history.
>>
File: defcon_0_by_johnsonting-d7rwltn.jpg (407KB, 1600x1007px) Image search: [Google]
defcon_0_by_johnsonting-d7rwltn.jpg
407KB, 1600x1007px
>>54672464
>be me, trooper sent to wreck the shit out of some craptacular 3rd world country which name I can't be bothered to give a damn about

>the other joes and grunts decide to go and act like savages and rape the womyn while i watch on since at the same time I could care less about them wenches

>amazingly the grunts decide to not continue through since the idea of having to share one hole with other horny bastards was distasteful

>however the fem operators and other female personnel and soldiers take fun in plougin' the handsome and attractive men they could find

>even young youthful boys are not spared by the ever horny fem operatives

>Radio Operator and Comms Officer Jenny who's often known among us guys as a country-born sweetheart totally changes into virtually a rape monster the moment she seized herself a cutie farm boy with blue eyes and blonde hair

>wow what a week this has been
>>
>>54672928
DEUS VULT
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>54672934
>>
>>54672934
>3rd world countr
>farm boy with blue eyes and blonde hair
Wait, what? 3-d world country populated by caucasians? Where's that?
>>
>>54672970
USA?
>>
File: blackwatch.png (549KB, 655x416px) Image search: [Google]
blackwatch.png
549KB, 655x416px
>>54672464
>Just imagine the enemy you're fighting is not only hated and vilified by your nation and government. But the International Community also hates and vilifies the nation/country you and your fellow forces are warring with, so therefore any war crimes and "atrocities" against the enemy would not be give a damn about. Because the enemy and country you're warring against just so happens to be hated and vilified so very much.
That'd make it boring, remove dilemma and dumb it down to the level of d&d crusade against orcs/demons. Since every horrible thing is ok and encouraged, it'd just be an excercise in edginess.
I'd rather run it with your government declaring total war, your leaders encouraging atrocities but the international community actually contempting them. At some points you'd need to cover up the dark shit and wonder wheter it will be you or the colonel who will be hanged after the war for doing this. And then sprinkle some random motivations for players, depending on dice give them backstory details such as "enemy killed your family/friends", "you just hate enemy, never in your life did you have a good interaction with somebody from that country" but also possibly "enemy soldier found you dying after a battle, tended to you and left you to be found by your reinforcements".
>>
>>54672979
I'm pretty sure USA is populated by mexicans and blacks
>>
>>54672996
Touché.
>>
If i served my proud nation, i'd have to follow its laws on the subject and not commit war crimes, including telling my superiors to go fuck themselves when give me orders to commit war crimes.

It would require a setting with significantly different ideology and values and a departure from current political climate.

Maybe if we ended up in a total war against russia or china with an uncertain outcome i could see it happen. Haven't had a total war since ww2 so morals and ideals have been easily affordable, vietnam proved how shaky that is.

Alternately, deus vult memery wins over and kebab removal becomes mainstream.
>>
>>54672464
I dont understand the purpose of this thread. do you just want an expanded list of asshole acts?
>>
>>54673015
Look at history, compacts about war crimes and such are if anything a product of total war between roughly equal powers.
>>
File: bersaglieri.jpg (92KB, 646x450px) Image search: [Google]
bersaglieri.jpg
92KB, 646x450px
>>54672464
bersaglieri are qt's
>>
>>54672934

You fetishists are the worst. Women don't rape the way men do, because women can get laid literally whenever. Not to mention how ludricious having female soldiers on a campaign of extermination would be.

Hell, given that the enemy is considered subhuman, where would you find someone blonde and with blue eyes?
>>
>>54673161
Shhhh! Magic Realm friend, Magic Realm.
>>
>>54672464

I would play this completely straight, with a focus on systematic extermination. No inherent comedy, but with an emphasis on the 'Three Alls' used by the Japanese army on WWII, which was part of their doctrine: burn all, kill all, rape all.

I suppose I would mainly focus on destroying infrastructure and culling 'breeders' i.e. fertile women. To exterminate an enemy, their ability to reproduce must be removed.
>>
>>54673161
>Women don't rape the way men do
Yeah, it involves more... thraumatic methods.
>>
>>54673203
>burn all, kill all, rape all.
In that order?
Well, I guess i shouldn't be surprised - that's Japanese we're talikng about.
>>
>>54672464

Smash their wrists and ankles with the Humvee trunk, let the Iraqi police run a train on him then put one in his dome.

Glove up, smash their face in, call State Dept.

Pour gas on them, threaten them by flicking a zipo, and accidentally light them on fire.

I literally cannot believe this is what someone is gonna rp.
>>
>>54673266
Well, there's enough people who love playing Sabbat in VtM to warrant entire spaltbook.
>>
>>54672464
Okay so I've imagined it.
What exactly has the enemy done that means they're vilified by all and sundry?
Does this extend to the whole of the enemy's people or is it particular to a subgroup?
Has the enemy always been vilified or is this a new development?
If it has always been the case, how is it that they're able to wage war with no allies or trading partners?
>>
>>54673310
>What exactly has the enemy done that means they're vilified by all and sundry?
Let's say they've commited a capital crime of having oil.
>>
>>54673310
They're aliums
>>
>>54672464
Why is this enemy hated if you're the one committing rampant war crimes? What did they do that trumps even your abuse of them?
>>
>>54672826

If you wage war like that you have to ask yourself what the goal is. You would have nothing left but ashes, ruins, corpses an unihabitable land and whatever survivors you leave behind, soldiers or otherwise, will have to migrate to survive and likely ferment insurgency and terrorism.

If you wage war like OP and your goal is NOT ethnic and cultural cleansing then you are in for a big fuck-off failure
>>
>>54673333
Onions?
>>
>>54673340

This is the counterinvasion. They struck first, were repulsed, and this is payback for the many atrocities committed by their soldiers.
>>
>>54673099
And then they up the ante and forget about them, then make up a bunch of new ones after the war that they will break in the next.
>>
>>54672813

>not knowing how to read different language

>retarded

How about you get off your high horse and come down here with the rest of us here buddy
>>
>>54673203
Actually the third all was 'loot' rather than 'rape'.
>>
>>54673340
>Why is this enemy hated if you're the one committing rampant war crimes?
Proper competent propaganda can make soldiers hate whatever high command wants them to hate.
>>
>>54673346
Ogres actually
>>
>>54672464

It's easy. You must understand one thing: People are not capable to empathise beyond certain number of people let alone remember anyone's name. At some point, everything becomes numbers. Soldiers naturally feel themselves part of a tribe or a family and see everyone else as another tribe.

A platoon (40 to 50 people) is the top size for micromanage people in any detail and keep a track of. A company (80–250) is the top number that you can remember the soldier's name and one or two thing, basically a small town. Beyond that number, command becomes depersonalised and much formal.
>>
>>54673358
>See words
>Don't understand words
>Act like a smug condescending asshole anyways and assume that everyone is as ignorant as you
>Not acting retarded
>>
>>54673348
Well, I'd be alarmed that my proud nation is encouraging acts of petty malice on par with the savages we fight instead of just swiftly neutralizing them. I'd begin to question what exactly I'm proud of. I'd participate simply if I was ordered to, but would likely have my nationalism shaken afterwards. Depending on future actions I may lose faith altogether in my country
>>
>>54672464

Plundering and pillage is the natural form of warfare before the the development of logistic lines from home. Before that, soldiers lived of the land. Some soldiers were not even paid for their services, not even their equipment, and were rewarded by looting.
That's why the early modern wars including the 30 years war were so devastating, the armies became bigger and bigger, mostly composed of mercenaries, but without the supply tail to feed them.
>>
File: tumblr_mjr44eMtOC1rfobcxo1_400.jpg (25KB, 400x478px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjr44eMtOC1rfobcxo1_400.jpg
25KB, 400x478px
>>54672464
>>54672934
>>54672970
>>54673161
>>54673178
>>54673214

Story that I figured is semi-related to this thread:

>https://pastebin.com/bMiTvcB7
>>
We are playing pretty bad people. Middle-class soldiers hired by the ultra rich in a world where every resources is running out. Overpopulation and governmental collapse has arcologies and self contained communities house the few people that aren't trying to survive in ruined landscapes that wouldn't look out of place in Elysium.

Pretty much the only 'middle class' left are security people. We get paid to shoot the desperately poor to keep the ultra rich safe. Most of the people we fight have weapons that are only theoretically able to defeat our armor under good conditions, while we have high tech weapons and drone backup.

We are kind of bad guys, but the truth is that even if the nineteen million people outside the walls in what used to be Rio were able to breach the Arcology we guard.. 1) They don't have the technical know how to keep it running and 2) They'd exhaust all the resources, medical supplies, fuel and food that the arcology has in a month or less. It's made to indefinitely support a little over half a million people by careful recycling.
>>
>>54673446
Yeah, excatly my thoughts after seeing Elysium.
>>
File: 1431327083371.jpg (840KB, 793x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1431327083371.jpg
840KB, 793x1000px
>>54672464
>Italia
Friendly reminder that pic related will get shot because the slut you posted was too lazy to do her job and simply paid the Taliban to leave her alone.
>>
>>54673368
Eh, it's actually usually better at making civvies hate them. The soldiers are the ones who have to see them face to face. Not saying they love their enemies but when they hate them it's usually for other reasons.
>>
Peace is an anomaly. War is the natural state of mankind. In ancient Rome, there was the temple of of the god Janus, the two-faced god of boundaries. During wartime, the doors remained open. They were closed during peacetime. The later rarely happen. The Empire was constantly at war, small wars against this tribe. Peace has to be enforced by someone.

Being in a state of war justifies some of the worst of human nature. War gives permission to hate and demonise the other. It turns brutality and wanton destruction, which should be the rarest of activities, into normal. It paves the way for charismatic dictators who promise easy answers if the populace will just give up a few more freedoms and give blind trust to their unscrupulous power-grabs.

In many ways, war simplifies life. All turn the focus to winning the battle and destroying the other. Seeking peace turns out to be far more difficult. Real peace, not forced subservience that may stop immediate violence but solves nothing in the long run, insists that we treat the other as human beings, with the same rights and privileges as the rest of us.

See why war is so much easier? War frees us to hate and to blame. Peace asks so much more. With war, the enemy becomes two dimensional, without nuance or shading, only evil. And we ourselves leave behind nuance and shading and see ourselves as only good.

War says, “I must be the most powerful and the most capable of destroying the other.”

Peace says, “I will lay down my power and seek to heal.”
>>
>>54673402

Armies defiantly did have supply tails and logistics, but also used forage parties. Foraging simply can't be done without leading to war crimes, that's the damn truth.

Also, that's a goddamn absurd picture of terricos.

>4 deep pikes
>cannon just rolled out ahead of them
>guy right next to them giveing orders.
>one lonely gunner.
>>
>>54673359
Especially since the one recorded instance of Japanese soldiers doing organized rape - even by the US Army, as most of the postwar propaganda spread by the US was intentionally taken from unchecked statements by shell-shocked soldiers and Japanese left-wing intellectuals who never touched a gun - was a camp in Indonesia where a few local women were imprisoned by a petty officer and his cronies.
The ring was discovered after a few months, and the ringleader was lined up against a wall and shot within the week. The Japanese Army went all-out in war, expecting that an honorable enemy wouldn't expect to be spared and that a dishonorable enemy deserved death - that's why they killed, but rape, much less organized rape of the kind the US, Korea and China worked together to fabricate after the war, was a stain on the entire nation's name and was thus summarily punished with death or labor to the point of death.
There's less evidence for the "comfort women" than an average copypasta, and the US Army's reports from actual Japanese encampments showed that the Korean prostitutes were already experienced, were paid well, were allowed to go out on their own, were given grammophones and reading in their quarters and received free contraceptives and gynecological care.
>>
File: Backgrounds__040096_.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Backgrounds__040096_.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
The ram has touched the wall.
>>
>>54672464
>Let's have the player actively committing scores of atrocities
Sounds like a good plan OP, what could possibly go wrong
>>
We need women, slaves, money, and resources.
>>
>>54673495
What is "roleplaying" for 100?
Hint: it isn't acting like a thin-skinned hysterical Tumblrina and assuming that the players either do only what they would do themselves or that being exposed to a violent ideology automatically makes you a death cultist.
>>
>>54673495
>Sounds like a good plan OP, what could possibly go wrong
If the game have morale / moraliry / sanity system putting players in a situation where; they;re forced to use it is a solid move on DM's part.
>>
>>54673484
are you a retired elder in the United Methodist church?
>>
>>54672464

In ancient times a city was given two options: Surrender and pay tribute, or resist and be wiped out. Many soldiers hoped to see the later because it would mean they could pillage, enslave and rape the city especially after a long and costly siege.
>>
>>54673358
>on a Japanese imageboard
>can't read moonspeak
>disguises retardation through aggression
>>
A lot of the people here saying they'd lose all sense of nationalistic pride are discounting how a common enemy can unite people. Let's say they invaded, killed entire families and made trophies out of them, and made a show of raping and enslaving our women. Sure it violates the Geneva convention but we know the capacity is there. Then we pushed them back and now we're on their territory. It would be far too easy to flip a switch and stop seeing them as human. So let's say someone bankrolled ISIS to spite your country after some extremely hostile negotiations and they do a hit and run. Do you really think there would be any mercy if your countries soldiers encountered a village that supported them in such a situation?

Hell look at WW2. The Japs only bombed Pearl Harbor, and people practically wanked to the idea of frying Tojo with a flamethrower for ages.
>>
>>54672464
>>literally dump the bodies of slain enemy forces on their besieged people (gather ALOT of dead enemy soldiers and put it in a high altitude cargo plane and then drop teh bodies of the slain foes over the besieged enemies and their people to scare them and make 'em sick)

I get you're really trying to exterminate your enemy and its people. But how exactly is gathering a ton of their fallen and dead loved ones in a plane or bomber and dropping those bodies on the besieged city/cities where the enemy's non-combatants are taking refuge in exactly productive?

Why not just plain ol' bomb the beseiged people? Whats the use of "dropping dead bodies of their slain forces" productive or efficient in any way?
>>
>>54673214
>Yeah, it involves more... thraumatic methods.
I want a serious explanation of this for honestly and unironically non-fetishistic reasons.

My uneducated guess is that, because women hate men and their dominance, women would be more focused on inflicting harm and mutilation than actual pleasure
>>
>>54673509
>Reee tumblr
>Muh roleplaying
Even if you have fun pretending to kill a bunch of people in cruel ways, torture em, toy with their corpses, bomb hospitals and schools, sow famine and watch civvies die in the streets, use primitive bio-warefare to make them puke out their guts and die stewing in piss shit and rotting meat in the noonday sun, most people don't.
>>
File: 1489404913106.png (659KB, 685x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489404913106.png
659KB, 685x800px
>It's a thread about cute girls doing cute warcrimes
>Nobody has posted Youjo Senki yet

Fucking normies
>>
>>54673612
A cancer anime going with a cancer thread. Very fitting.
>>
>>54673601

You quickly see your morals decay once you keep seeing your companions in arms and friends dying all the time, or hearing your family has been killed of or raped by the enemy. Also, war crimes are addictive.
>>
>>54673589
Mostly reverse-rape involves blocking vains on the dick with a medical harness to induce perma-erection. It's not a pleasant experience for a man in the first place and can cause long-term traumas up to gangrene.
>>
>>54673633
Isnt that basically the same premise of a cock ring but taken to another level?
>>
>>54673554
In ancient times it was actually just as common for there to only be one option, "don't get any funny ideas or we will raze your city-state to the ground". Often times during the early days of empire controlled territories were patchwork as fuck and power was pretty evenly distributed, rebellion started to look like it made sense if you could try it and then surrender if you fucked up. This is part of the reason some of the early Mesopotamian civilizations got the reputation of being extremely vicious, because they simply couldn't afford to let anyone get any ideas.

I recall one time a rebelling city-state had the entrances and exits blocked with earth, had the population starved half to death, and then they set it ablaze.
>>
>>54673601
Do you know what a strawman is?
No one was talking about the kind of mostly-fictional war crimes that only really happen with troops barracksed in a foreign country and nothing to do.
You're the one who's so obsessed with it that you had to go from "burning fields and smashing infrastructure" to "toying with corpses".
Call a shrink.
>>
>>54673646
Yes. A very dangerous painful level.
>>
>>54673577
>Do you really think there would be any mercy if your countries soldiers encountered a village that supported them in such a situation?
I would expect some professionalism from my soldiers, any who can't keep their feelings in check especially when dealing with civilians has no business being a soldier

Do Iraqi soldiers cleanse villages in Iraq that have tithed their kids to fight for ISIS? No they don't and with good reason. Some militias have had a go at it, but if nothing else that just demonstrates why militias are such a dangerous idea
>>
>>54673628
>Also, war crimes are addictive
Like potato chips?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NIgqS47m5k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdVLAG_ptQM
>>
>>54673577
>Then we pushed them back and now we're on their territory. It would be far too easy to flip a switch and stop seeing them as human.
The thing I never got with this argument is that it implies people would be perfectly fine with abusing nonhumans. But who the fuck wants to abuse a dog or a cat? Hell even pulling the legs off of bugs seems like pointless sadism to me.

Even if you dehumanize them, why would you want to brutalize them? Why would that be joyful?
>>
>>54673685
Is there a way to combine both?
>>
File: 1480626957104.jpg (234KB, 1651x821px) Image search: [Google]
1480626957104.jpg
234KB, 1651x821px
>>54672464

>basically me when this thread
>>
Food and sex, things that can be quite scarce in times of war. It is normal that people will do absolutely anything to get both.
>>
File: 1489160630803.png (242KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489160630803.png
242KB, 1000x1000px
>>54673689
>John Green
>>
>>54673671
>War crimes are fictional
Lel.
>No one ever said anything you mentioned
It's in the OP you dumb cunt.
>literally dump the bodies of slain enemy forces on their besieged people (gather ALOT of dead enemy soldiers and put it in a high altitude cargo plane and then drop teh bodies of the slain foes over the besieged enemies and their people to scare them and make 'em sick)
>>
>>54673612
Nobody cares about fedora tippin duck girl.
>>
>>54673695
Warcrime flavored potato chips?
Poisoning potato chips and dropping the bags over starving civilian populations?
Doing the same thing as above but instead of poisoned chips they are actually stale kettle chips, the kind that's really hard and cuts up your gums and the salt stings?

Ehh, I got nothing.
>>
File: 1467281493173 (1).png (275KB, 393x405px) Image search: [Google]
1467281493173 (1).png
275KB, 393x405px
>>54673612
Can't believe none y'all has posted the best girl who does war crimes very often already.
>>
>>54672928
He does not. You are violating several commandments of your faith. Free ride to hell for you.
>>
>>54673741
>Warcrime flavored potato chips?
Shut up and take my money
>>
>>54673707
>It's in the OP you dumb cunt.

Since you mentioned that, I'm also with >>54673580

What the hell is the purpose and point of dropping that many dead bodies on people? Asides from intimidating your enemies by dumping the bodies of their fallen and comrades, what's the practical use of such a tactic instead of bombing them?
>>
>>54672464
I would refuse to fight and conduct myself with that behaviour not only because I have been trained in and understand Values and Standards, such as Selfless Commitment, Courage, Integrity, Loyalty, Respect for Others, the rule of Law, Appropriate Behaviour and Total Professionalism, but also because not only would killing and mistreating my enemies disturb me on a personal level, it would make fighting far more dangerous both for myself and more importantly for the men under my command. I would also not destroy or loot the enemy's cultural aspects as I have respect for historiography and quite frankly would rather die myself than for many historical sites or records to be destroyed. The same goes for culture, history and heritage, memorials, cemeteries, etc.
>>
>>54672857
Oh yeah, definitely. Fuck them. Gas and nuke them all.
>>
>>54673741
Spicy anthrax flavour pringles?
Salt and bubonic plague kettle chips?
walkers sarin and vinegar?
Chocolate covered ricin puffs?
>>
>>54673484
This. For most of human history, at least up until the rise of Christian Humanism in the Victorian period, peace was seen as the anomaly, the state which was actively enforced.
>>
>>54673577
There is a complete difference between nationalistic pride and being a barbarian.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYlLTtS-tfQ
>>
>>54673763
Causes disease and taints the area
Breaks the enemy's spirit and morale

Plus it's funny as fuck. Much funnier than bombing them, you could even get a best hits compilation of bodyparts falling on people.
>>
>>54673768

Killing and mistreating prisoners. If it's a combat situation and they haven't surrendered, fuck 'em, pour on the phosphorous and napalm.

But the second they surrender, their lives are sacrosanct.
>>
>>54673692
>The thing I never got with this argument is that it implies people would be perfectly fine with abusing nonhumans. But who the fuck wants to abuse a dog or a cat?
A cat is basically neutral. Like aside from it being a cunt and scratching you, you have no cause to hate it. Meanwhile people have abused other animals they did perceive as a threat. I know wolves are still tortured at times to this day.

>>54673680
>I would expect some professionalism from my soldiers
Let's be real here, we'd be grunts most likely.

>Do Iraqi soldiers cleanse villages in Iraq that have tithed their kids to fight for ISIS?
Sure but imagine a 14 year old that spurts out "ISIS SHALL WIN" because he's fed some diluted version and doesn't understand all of the shit they've done. Will there be a lot of fanfare if some soldier who lost a family member to them shoots him? Not really.

Go to the way back machine, where we never even lost family to the combatants. Barely anything happened after the My Lai Massacre. A couple of demotions, some guys lost a few medals. This isn't an issue just for militias, there are incidents like this constantly and they're pushed to the back in large part because soldiers are human and humans are fucking stupid.
>>
>>54673762
What would they taste like? Blood, tears and mustard gas?
>>
File: 1501704800699.jpg (28KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501704800699.jpg
28KB, 720x720px
To the guys thinking about War Crime Flavored Chips:

You think Bashar Al-Assad be kind enough to share some of that Sarin Gas in his armories for that Sarin Seasoning?
>>
>>54673817
The taste of victory.
>>
>>54673746
>Deuteronomy 20:17
>Completely destroy them--the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites--as the LORD your God has commanded you.
The hebrews didn't, now look at that mess!
>>
File: 0e3.png (187KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
0e3.png
187KB, 600x339px
>>54672934
>>54673413
>Fem soldiers, personnel and operators being raping civillians and being more rapey than regular male troopers

>mfw imma fine with this since i got a femdom and or role reversal fetish
>>
File: 53e2300ec06cd85fa0474adcdc5077fc.jpg (244KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
53e2300ec06cd85fa0474adcdc5077fc.jpg
244KB, 1360x768px
>>54672464
Sounds like the Military Industrial Complex and its economy sure is doing pretty well eh?
>>
>>54673833
If you start tasting mustard gas, you're not gonna be around for the victory
>>
File: images(6).jpg (4KB, 172x160px) Image search: [Google]
images(6).jpg
4KB, 172x160px
>>54673895
You could say business is booming
>>
>>54673474
Meanwhile, the US soldier will get shot by a boy their local alliy has been raping over a period of months inside their camp while the boy's parents have been showing up at the gate of the camp, begging the soldiers to give them their son back.
At her funeral, her CO will remind the rest of the unit that they can not judge as this is their ally's culture which they need to respect unless they wanna get killed inside their own bases by said allies.
>>
>>54672464
You shouldnt do questionable acts in wartime unless theres IC reasons for the people to do it that have been established
>>
>>54673969
You prefer a firing line for insubordination?
>>
>>54673977
?
>>
>>54672464
If nobody else in the group already chose to, I'm probably gonna be the guy who finds the atrocities themselves distasteful and acts fairly decently. It's less "the orcs are people, too" and more "we don't do this shit specifically because we're better than them".

Unless I have some bleeding heart who's first reaction is to try and change the whole world's attitude on these guys just because some are noncombatants. Then I'm going full Black Templar on these things.
>>
>No relation to real life politics and political shit flinging please.

Why can't some of these faggots follow basic directions?
>>
>>54674005
You do know that most armies don't allow their soldiers a freedom of choice on the topic of following orders. You either follow your orders or get punised for disobeing them. Hell, even publically questioning orders is not safe in most cases.
>>
>>54674037
OP never explicitly said ordered. You're encouraged.

And OP isn't the CO so we can't just assume that's just a polite order.
>>
>>54674037
soo get court martialed for disobeying orders or get court martialed for committing a war crime?
>>
>>54674076
>soo get court martialed for disobeying orders or get court martialed for committing a war crime?
How many red army soldiers ger court martialed for thing they did when occypying Germany? Oh, righ, NONE. Meanwhile many get executed on the field without any court for not following their "encouragemtns" from above or worse trying to stop others.

The same story repeats everywhere from Korea to Iraq - if you're on the side that encourages atrocities you don't get punished for them unless your side loses, but if you go against atrocities you just disappear.
>>
>>54673918
Non-American here, is this something that actually happened?
>>
>>54674130
The red army at the time was nothing more than a militia, we're talking soldiers here not just rednecks with a uniform
>>
>>54672970
Eastern europe?
>>
>>54673328
Oh those poor iraqis, they were so mistreated by the big mean USA.

Go get justly killed by kurds, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>54674208
calm down Erdogan
>>
>>54672648
>assume this is fictional
>>
>>54674208
>Oh those poor iraqis, they were so mistreated by the big mean USA.
I was mostly thinking about Iraq-Iraninan war.
>>
>>54674230
>>
>>54674191

First echelon troops were veterans and professionals, well policed and motivated. It's the second echelon that most people feared.
>>
File: 1423508064792.jpg (118KB, 690x968px) Image search: [Google]
1423508064792.jpg
118KB, 690x968px
>>54674236
>MFW battle of the marshes
>>
File: AN00876580_001_l[1].jpg (50KB, 304x409px) Image search: [Google]
AN00876580_001_l[1].jpg
50KB, 304x409px
>>54674249
>>
File: King-Ashoka[1].jpg (112KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
King-Ashoka[1].jpg
112KB, 1200x1600px
>>54674282
>>
File: Ramses_II.jpg (334KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Ramses_II.jpg
334KB, 1066x1600px
>>54674230
>>54674249
>>54674282
Out of my way, noobs
>>
>>54674157
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/21/world/asia/us-soldiers-told-to-ignore-afghan-allies-abuse-of-boys.html

Between spending millions to save known mass murderers and ignoring Taliban Biker gang activities because those just target civilian traffic, the whole invasion was dotted with absolute batshit insanity.
>>
>>54674130

4,148 Red Army officers and many soldiers were convicted of atrocities and punished with capital punishment for doing that. It's not like it was commanded by their superior officers.
>>
File: 200px-Hernan_Fernando_Cortes[1].jpg (17KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Hernan_Fernando_Cortes[1].jpg
17KB, 200x252px
>>54674305
>>
File: 220px-Timur_reconstruction03[1].jpg (14KB, 220x333px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Timur_reconstruction03[1].jpg
14KB, 220x333px
>>54674316
>>
>>54674157
Yes. Repeatedly. And not just to Americans.

Fuck Afghanistan.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Ugj9HfDEY
Video related?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1478142563716.jpg (55KB, 552x634px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1478142563716.jpg
55KB, 552x634px
>>54673297
>Well, there's enough people who love playing Sabbat in VtM to warrant entire spaltbook.Well, there's enough people who love playing Sabbat in VtM to warrant entire spaltbook(s).

Fixed that for you. If the were not such a collective group of shitstains we wouldn't have this problem. It's like the game creators went out of their way to make playing Cam vamps un-fun.
>>
>>54674341
>Fuck Afghanistan.
About the only thing Russians and Americans can agree upon
>>
>>54674333
>>
File: 634[1].jpg (78KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
634[1].jpg
78KB, 1024x576px
>>54674361
and capping with the meme himself. Anyway, point is, Op is a faggot and this is nothing special throughout human history GG
>>
>>54674367
I love how every other war criminal must have picturename for people to even know who the fuck is this, but this one is just some random number.
>>
>>54674390
>Not knowing El Generalísimo by sight.
>>
File: Manlets when will they learn.jpg (311KB, 1800x1252px) Image search: [Google]
Manlets when will they learn.jpg
311KB, 1800x1252px
>>54674444
>General Franco was a loyal friend and ally of the United States. He earned worldwide respect for Spain through firmness and fairness.
>>
>>54674532
To be fair, that could be said about every man.
>>
>>54674829
I don't think every man man earned worldwide respect for Spain
>>
>>54673470
Elysium had the ultrarich living in space.

Keeping the poor on earth was just an egotrip for terra-centric rich cunts.

If the rich in Elysium really gave a shit, they would have exported all the poor to the asteroid belt, lived in orbit, and let a depopulated Earth recover from 200,000 years of humanity.
>>
>>54675108
>If the rich in Elysium really gave a shit, they would have exported all the poor to the asteroid belt, lived in orbit, and let a depopulated Earth recover from 200,000 years of humanity.
I doubt they had enough resources to transport even 1% of Earths population to the Belt.
>>
>>54674312
Hahahah, /pol/lets BTFO. When will /pol/lets learn? Go /his/ or go home.
>>
>>54675108
They were literally living in a space station with enough resources to allow villas with MILES OF GARDENS.

That means they easily had the tech to send poor to the asteroid belt, have them send asteroids to earth, use those asteroids to make more ships to bring more poor to the asteroid belt, have the new poor send more asteroids, etc. etc. etc.
>>
>>54674282
>literally do nothing and let Hannibal tucker himself out and then beat him
What a brutal military leader, songs will be sung of the day scipio held back and didn't charge at hannibal like a retard.
>>
>>54675188
Not him, but why go to all the effort when you could just kill/sterilize/genedrive the poor sods on earth? Takes much less resources than moving all that dead weight off planet.

Also it's frankly a bad tactical move to put the poorfags into space, earth's gravity well kept them from being able to get to the rich guys, if you put them in space they could easily chuck asteroids at the space station.
>>
>>54675108
t.Char
>>
>>54673689
>cuck green
>>
>>54672684
That's an Italian Bersaglieri. Well, a loli Bersaglieri. They're actually really badass and are famous for jogging while they march (unlike most units which simply do a march step).
>>
>>54673705
>>54675581

I call him John "Pip Pip Cheerio" Green
>>
>>54673495
Isn't that basically the idea behind Spec Ops: The Line and would have been a component of Six Days in Fallujah?

If you have a party of people who can handle it, presenting those kinds of moral dilemmas in a system where morality isn't objectively measured might be fun.
>>
>>54677817
>If you have a party of people who can handle it
Most people are pussies who can't. Remember no Russian
>>
>>54672464
>Demolish and destroy historic monuments and landmarks
NO! NO NO NO! NO! BAD!
>>
>>54677817
>Isn't that basically the idea behind Spec Ops: The Line

No, the idea behind Spec Ops was 'You should feel bad for wanting to play the $60 game you bought and the correct action is to just turn the game off as we are not going to program any other options despite spending the game abusing you if you keep playing'.

Call of Fucking Duty managed to be less on-rails/handle being in the middle of atrocities better than Spec Ops did.

Sorry, Spec Ops is just something that really ticked me off. It completely wasted the medium it was using and wanted to charge full AAA prices for something the devs expressly never wanted you to play.
>>
>>54678366
I think that Spec Ops the line is a great piece of artwork, but overall

This. Seriously, "you can just turn off the game at any time", eat shit I spent 60 Dollars on this game. Like hell I can turn it off at any time.
>>
File: 1813% done with this shit.png (290KB, 754x554px) Image search: [Google]
1813% done with this shit.png
290KB, 754x554px
>Want to make a hilarious "you're overreacting, all I want to do is [list of horrible things to monuments] is that so much to ask for?"
>Go to wikipedia to see what Berlin landmarks I can use for this ebin maymay
>Discover that Berlin has both a Marx-Engels monument and a Soviet war memorial
Bomber Harris didn't go far enough.
>>
File: LaughingCharr.jpg (119KB, 335x300px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingCharr.jpg
119KB, 335x300px
>>54678366
>>54678409
>He doesn't rent games first
>>
>>54678409

Spec Ops would have been fine if it was a free game as that's not an initial investment. Or if it had advertised itself as what it actually was. Instead the devs advertised it as a AAA shooter and then got smug and annoyed when people were angry over spending AAA shooter money on something that insulted them for their game choices while not actually allowing choices.

If you are making a video game, take advantage of the interactive nature of video games. Let people make choices. It's not a movie.
>>
>>54673343
Except the Allies waged war like that and won, securing the freedom of Europe and Asia.
>>
>>54673493
>Japan did nothing wrong

Go kill yourself you weeb
>>
>>54678765
But the point was to deconstruct/meta critique the average military fps. It would be untrue to the genre if it allowed meaningful choice.
>>
>>54678918

It's kinda funny that Call of Duty actually legitimately offered the player a choice when it did it's war crimes/terrorism section rather than going 'You can't advance until you kill X civilians'
>>
I had a moment like this in a Deathwatch
My Squad and the rest of the fortress were attached to a group of 6 regiments.
>Attached to a Cadian Light Infantry Regiment
>My Squad is Squad Alpha.
First few sessions of battle went fine. The Guard slowly became more and more savage. A month or so ic went by with nothing special. The Imperial guard command tells us to head back to the local frontier town for RNR. We accept and head back to town.
My team over the course of the battle developed friendship with different squads.
I became friends with a Sapper team, (because Devastators and Demolitions gotta stick together).
As me and the team decide to go and train, one of us noticed that a group of civilians was coming from the direction of a formerly sieged area, each of them was wearing enemy's clothing. At the back of the group of a confessor was telling them the marines will determine your fate.
Cont in next post.
>>
>>54680311
If my memory suits. It probably doesn't.
Me and the Sapper teams SGT goes to investigate.
We have some dialogue with the Confessor. The crimes revealed were hording rations and not coming out during the conscription call.
I ask the confessor how many elderly and children were there?
He said, doesn't matter all serve in this battle for this world.
I understand and go speak with the civilians. What you know. There's a lot of elderly and children in the group. I realize a good percentage of then are starved and injured horribly. I can see why they didn't want to come out and serve.
I tell the confessor, there innocent. Well.. My battle brothers were different in there mindset.
My battle-brothers agreed with the confessor and as such as the word of an Astarte is law to lesser folk.
He follows through and puts them to the torch.
Sapper Guard squad, utterly horrified. As such I am as well. A little backstory first. My character and me occly at the time didn't know how bad the Imperium was at time. My character had only fought xenos for a short time each time he was deployed, after the battle we left to the next one. This was my characters first time really ever bonding with a non chapter person.
I asked my battle-brothers why.
There reply was, We can't support the cowards in this battle. Nor do the deserve to rest if they don't benefit the imperium. Not exactly what they said but it was implied.
Guard squad and me, slowly became more and more and depressed as the war came to a close. By the end of most of original Sapper squad was dead. Except the SGT and me, the two of us saw so many things during the final days of the war. Many things similar to that situations happened. Including a wounded Guard squad dragging along behind and then being ran over by tanks aswell as a group of civilians being used as mobile EOD devices. I remember after the fact, I found the Guardsman Sergeants body hung from a rope in the barracks. No one batted an eye.
>>
>>54680511
No one cried for Sergeant, No one cared he died. I was the only one there at the funeral. From that campaign Learnt was is hell.
>>
File: Banana man my life.jpg (100KB, 459x750px) Image search: [Google]
Banana man my life.jpg
100KB, 459x750px
>>54673911
I would say the are literally making a killing!
>>
>>54672464
>Hans... are we the baddies?
Thread posts: 175
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.