[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I going to lose my job because of D&D?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1487986970389.gif (77KB, 245x225px) Image search: [Google]
1487986970389.gif
77KB, 245x225px
/tg/, please kill me.

>GMing a game for co-workers, not going too well
>last session I had with a group was an absolute clusterfuck
>Decide to end it right then and there, storm out
>Come in to work today
>Anon, you need to see HR there's been a sexual harassment complaint filed against you
>fucking what
>head over to HR
>they received an anonymous tip I've been harassing another employee, get warned that if it happens again I'll be fired
>Company is liberal as fuck, so I don't even get a chance to rebut
>Find the girl in question, talk to her, see if I can find out what's going on
>she's barely an acquaintance, says she thought I've been rude, but not sexually harassing her
>the only incident she could think of was the fact that I repeatedly grunted instead of actually conversing with her when we both met up by the water cooler
>ask around, try to find out what the hell is happening
>turns out the co-workers who I GMed for turned in the complaint
>They're the manager's pets, so any complaint I try and provide will be thrown out the window
>rumors are spreading around, co-workers are already avoiding me

Goddammit I just wanted to play some games am I seriously going to lose my job over not wanting to run D&D for some people?
>>
>>54671124
Why don't you talk to your HR rep and let them know this?
>>
File: falling down.jpg (164KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
falling down.jpg
164KB, 630x1200px
>>54671124
Use this for inspiration.
>>
>>54671124
So let me get this straight, you ran into a girl at the water cooler and instead of conversing you just grunted?
>so I was at the water cooler and anon walked up
>ok then what happened?
>well nothing really he just started grunting
>did it seem sexual?
>not really, just made me feel really uncomfortable
>>
File: 1500451615441.jpg (26KB, 308x326px) Image search: [Google]
1500451615441.jpg
26KB, 308x326px
>>54671124
>If I don't talk to management I have to silently be known as a sexual harrasser
>If I talk to management NOTHING WILL HAPPEN AT ALL I SWEAR
>Not just explaining the situation to HR/ having the woman who didn't actually accuse you come forward to get you off the hook

You are forcing me to either accept that you are so fucking socially retarded that you can't see the obvious solution to the problem, or that you are actually socially functional which means this entire story is either grossly exaggerated or straight up false.
>>
>>54671234
>the only incident she could think of was the fact that I repeatedly grunted instead of actually conversing with her when we both met up by the water cooler
>>the only incident she could think of was the fact that I repeatedly grunted instead of actually conversing with her when we both met up by the water cooler
Obviously a retard
>>
File: Pepe snipe.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe snipe.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>54671173
This guy gets it.
>>
>>54671250
I just don't like dealing with people, I'm not a retard. Grunting helps me get out of conversations I don't like, and most co-workers don't like me enough to care or remember.
>>
>>54671234
>If I talk to management NOTHING WILL HAPPEN AT ALL I SWEAR

I never said that. But what will happen is they'll call them in, be like 'Anon said x actually happened, what do you say?'

They'll say something along the lines of 'Anon is making it up to get back at us for [some grievance I had with them long ago but is done now]'

It's happened so many times. I know it'll happen again.
>>
>>54671308
Dude you started grunting at a co-worker. That co-worker is probably a friend of one of the party members that you pissed off. Said party member probably came in bitching to the co-worker and the co-worker, trying to relate and maybe appease or calm down the party member, mentioned you just grunting at her. Pissed party member mistakenly saw this as a sexual harassment or something that could pass as one and saw an opportunity to get revenge.
Tl;dr don't play with spiteful bitches and don't just grunt at co-workers
>>
File: 1362951781869.png (104KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1362951781869.png
104KB, 200x300px
>repeatedly grunted
holy fuck op you bad sperg
>>
OP at the cooler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ortqoZWaIJU
>>
>>54671308
Jesus dude you can dm a game but you can't nut the fuck up and have a conversation with someone just to be polite? You just fucking grunt at them like a hog? What the fuck
>>
>>54671308
Well there's the problem. You didn't realise that it's 2017 and being well-liked by everyone and everybody is the single most important part of work ethics.
You can turn in your work late, but if you're well-liked you're safe.
You can leer at all the women at the workplace, but if they like you you're safe.
You can publicly declare your allegience to Hitler, but if you pay the Jews you're safe.
It's just survival of the fittest, baby, and the fittest are those who are unconditionally adored and loved by everyone.
>>
>>54671356
>>54671124
Privately talk to these guys directly about it, candidly.
Explain that you know they are causing problems for you intentionally.at work for what happened at the game.
Ask them to stop and remain professional.
Get them to acknowledge their actions.

And record the conversation on your phone in your pocket or something.
Practice, so you can do it casually without "asking them to speak into your flower".

If they grow up and cut their shit, great.
If they don't, explain the situation to HR and when they spin lies, ask the classic question: "But do you have tape?"

Of course, you're probably too socially awkward to pull it off, but it's still a good idea.
>>
>>54671356
The person who supposedly filed the complaint says that she did not file the complaint.
Do you...do you really not see how that proves the filed complaint false?

This is bait, right? Because you can't possibly be this stupid.
>>
>>54673518
>Because you can't possibly be this stupid.
He runs D&D. For coworkers.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.