[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weaverdice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: The Summoning Gold.jpg (175KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
The Summoning Gold.jpg
175KB, 1600x800px
Has anyone here played Weaverdice? Its a superhero RPG based on Worm.

Anyone have any cool stories, or some cape ideas they really like?
>>
>>54667505
Link to rulebook

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e-H--GkPrbJq4WRNYndBnjjLjE7-2kOZkjwltkP1Ong/edit#
>>
>>54667505
What are the most important differences between this and other superhero RPGs?
>>
>>54670880
Mostly that it's built specifically for its setting, by that setting's original author, with the intent of creating a system that emulates that setting's themes (to varying degrees of success).

I haven't played it yet, but I was hoping someone on /tg/ might have, and could give their opinion on it. I kinda want to run a campaign but I'm not quite sure if I shouldn't just run some other system.
>>
>>54667505
never played it, but I did just finish rereading worm like 20 minutes ago so have a late night bump
>>
>>54667511
That looks like it's just character creation and not an actual system
>>
>>54667505
Only thing I've heard about it is that its character creation is a good way to create concepts and power sets for use with other superhero RPGs.
>>
>>54672917
On the first page, under the title, are links to the other subsections
>>
>>54670880

The most important difference is that your origin is entirely random. You start with your Trigger, and then the channel designs a power around it. THEN you create your character.

There are some twists, however. Cauldron capes can choose their powers, but they run the risk of become Case 53s from the very beginning (which can fuck your character concept, by the way - it's hard to want to avenge your dead wife if you can't remember her) and are also less flexible.

The last option is to play as a PRT Director, which (when done right) is nail-biting. It's basically playing X-Com and watching everyone around you fuck up.

Also, Weaver Dice is very, very lethal. You can die very quickly if you're stupid or unlucky. In Wildbow's campaign, Lausanne, one of the most powerful PC capes of all time died like a bitch in his first fight, because of poor strategy.
>>
>>54674540
>Also, Weaver Dice is very, very letha
That fits the system very well - killing and dying is very easy for a cape. This is why both villains and heroes are expected to hold back in most situations after all.
>>
>>54674956

It's also worth noting that Tinkers are arguably the most powerful cape-type. This doesn't make them less vulnerable, but if you start with - say - a power-armored Tinker, you have a very strong early game. Unless you're that one guy who could only make spears and javelins, but that was a stunning string of bad luck more than anything else.
>>
>>54675060
>It's also worth noting that Tinkers are arguably the most powerful cape-type. This doesn't make them less vulnerable, but if you start with - say - a power-armored Tinker, you have a very strong early game.

Depending on methodology and speciality, you can get some pretty strong combat Tinkers even without power armor.

For instance, a Battalion/[something] Dual Weld tinker could very conceivably be running around invisible thanks to a thermoptic camouflage Shroud, with an anti-bullet force field Bodysuit underneath it, while jumping around with a rocket-pack Utility Item from the "lesser Tinkerings" list, two silenced pistols with infinite ammunition, and a visor that lets them see their enemies through walls.

That's Stranger, Thinker, Blaster, Brute, and Mover, right there. Even if they're each individually equivalent to relatively weak powers, when you combine them all together, you've got a nightmare to fight, and the combination of stealth, mobility, and enhanced durability would dramatically increase the character's survivability - enemies would find it difficult to close to melee combat due to speed/agility and invisibility, and bullets get downgraded to non-lethal damage thanks to the force field bodysuit.

And that's just one of their Specialities: Dual Weld is a Binary methodology, so they've got two.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.