[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Lore Thread:Shitty Podcast Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/magic-story-podcast-vampires-2017-08-02

Do people even give a fuck about the podcast? At least we know its Edgar Markov is in C17.
>>
>>54658549
>based Volkan Baga artwork
I'm probably gonna buy the Vampire one for that alone
>>
What fraction of beings with a planeswalker spark actually manage to activate it?
>>
>>54658637
It's mainly humans cause shitty marketing reasons. Pretty much anything alive not made from Mana are capable of a spark. The beings that are incapable of a spark are:
>Dead like Vampires and Zombies
>Mana Constructs like Angels and Demons

Sorin and Ob are loop holes, On was human when he got his spark, and Sorin is not dead since him and his grandfather used an Angel Blood ritual to bring Vampirism to their plane.
>>
>>54659312
Also constructed beings like golems.
>>
>>54659312
>>54659326

None of that shit is remotely what I asked about.
>>
>>54658549
>>54659380
Depends on how desperate you are for information I guess. Is it any different than the articles they post every day? Would people care if the information was put in article form?

>>54659312
I'm a little surprised we haven't gotten an angel planeswalker yet actually. So many ways they could do it.
>angel fell, became mortal, and earned the right to be angelic again only to spark
>angelic initiate sparked when going full angel
>mortal (human obviously) and angel merge, sometime later new angel sparks

I really just want an angel waifu that they'll care about after the set they publish her in, aside from killing her five years later in Return to Profitia.
>>
>>54658549
Ugh, why is Alison so cringie?

At least she said vampires on Dominaria are fucked up so that's something...
>>
>>54658637
I forget what the source is, but fully realized planeswalkers are a 1 in 1 billion phenomenon.
>>
>>54658549
>the Vampire commanders are from Innistrad, Tarkir and Zendikar
>Edgar's card depicts him pre-EMN
>Sorin's still stuck in a wall
>Yahenni was based on one of the writer's British grandmothers
>Alison wants to write more about Olivia
>Tibalt is "so extra"
>>
>>54658637
I thought you meant faction as in human, kor, merfolk, goblin. Not as in %. But it's. Something like one in a billion.
>>54659819
The main theory I heard is that revived Elspeth will be the first Angel walker.
>>
>>54660235
Theros does not have angels.
>>
>>54660235
Terrible fanwank you read on /tg/ does not constitute a major theory.
>>
>>54660230
>legendary tarkir vampire
Intredasting
>>
>>54660079
>>54660235

???
Which is it?
>>
>>54660553
We literally said the same thing, how are you confused.
>>
>>54660553
Call your autism, WotC keeps changing its rules and lore all the time, Walkers used to be gods and only a handful in all the multiverse. Now they are just really talented mages that can walk plane to plane, and now each plane can range from 2-3 to like 10+ walkers.
>>
>>54660736
Eh, even when they called them rare they never really seemed to be. Urza's school made 2-4, a lot of stories focused on a few at a time, and they never have any trouble bumping into each other (old or nu). But that's all just because they're the main characters, so the power of writing compels them to gather.

>>54660280
I never liked that theory anyway. If (when) they bring Elspeth back I'd rather stay the soldier/knight walker, despite the nods to angel cards in her abilities.

A Serra angel getting my a spark somehow would be cool. Just make up a reason a Serra angel is still stumbling around somewhere, have her get a spark somewhere, and give her an ability that can kill Baneslayers to make the fans cheer (or wince).
>>
>>54660676

One said that 1 in a billion people become fully realized walkers, the other said that 1 in a billion people who have a spark activaste it. These are vastly different in scope.
>>
The hard and fast rules for naturally recieving a planeswalker spark are:

You have to be born in the traditional sense. Cannot be "created" by artificial and magical means, even if it's a natural phenomenon of that plane. Angels, demons, golems, aetherborn, all out. Also excludes things such as Tarkir dragons, and Gods.

You have to be sapient. No planeswalking animals.

You have to be alive. Undead, and disembodied souls (such as those in Theros' underworld) cannot hold a spark.

Now sparks can be transferred into otherwise ineligible candidates by various means, but these are the only ways to have a "natural" spark.
>>
>>54661061
The latter misunderstood you again, and was referring to the total population, it would seem.
>>
>>54660230
>>54660286
She only noted that a vampire card from Tarkir would be included. It's probably the single shitty uncommon vampire from KTK. Leave it to Wizards to 100% miss an opportunity for something cool.
>>
File: 1499151879338.jpg (160KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1499151879338.jpg
160KB, 1080x1349px
Hey dorks, I've been watching lore videos for the past few hours and I'm digging 'em.

Learned a bunch about a lot of the planeswalkers. Anything else that's cool to know about? I dig the eldrazi and vampires.
>>
>>54661884
Im not sure if this is bait or not.
>>
I could use use me some artwork for Strefan Maurer because I'm running Curse of Strahd set on Innistrad instead of Ravenloft. so I'm hoping he gets even a mono-black legend nod that doesn't go as the commander.
>>
>>54661203
Oh. Thats kind of a weird card in a vampire tribal deck since it was part of that blocks big black badonkadonks theme which isnt really an overlap with vampires. But that is probabpy all it is.
>>
>>54662859
I think Strefan seems rather unlikely seeing how many Vampires could still get a card and that Innistrad Vampires are already getting Edgar Markov. I also think both Runo Stromkrik and Anje Falkenrath are way more likely to get cards if we do get some other Innistradi legendaries
>>
>>54664426
What you say is completely true, I just know surprisingly little about Strefan apart from what they want us to assume.
>>
>>54659819
Angels in magic don't work that way generally - they're basically white mana elementals.
>>
File: PlsWizardsPls.png (67KB, 245x141px) Image search: [Google]
PlsWizardsPls.png
67KB, 245x141px
>>54659312
>anything alive that isn't made from mana
So... a homarid planeswalker is not out of the question?
>>
>>54660230
>Innistrad, Tarkir and Zendikar
Commander is where they can print any shit they want but they still slave away to recent standard sets.
>>
>>54659312
>>Dead like Vampires and Zombies
Then how does Sorin have it?
>>
>>54668460
Innistrad vampires, Zendikar vampires, Moroii and Mephidross vampires are alive.
Ulgothra vampires, other Ravnica vampires, Dominaria vampires and Tarkir vampires are undead.
>>
>>54668992
Last I was aware, Mephidross vampires and the non-Moroii vampires of Ravnica were unknowns.
>>54668514
Innistradi vampirism is closer to a curse than being undead - they're still alive, they just happen to live forever at the expense of other people
>>
>>54661027
Urza's school having a few planeswalkers isn't super surprising, considering all planeswalkers have one form of powerful magic or another.
>>
>a planeswalker sparks in a moment of extreme emotion
>Red, the color of emotion, features the fewest and generally weakest walkers unless it's splashed with another color
Explain this.
>>
>>54660242
Elspeth isn't originally from Theros, but I tend to agree, it's fairly unlikely.
>>
>>54668460
If they were just slaving away to recent standard they'd put in an aetherborn vampire from kaladesh. But the most recent set mentioned there is innistrad and that should not need justification with regards to vampires.

>tasty b8.
>>
>>54672502
Wizards employees are put through a rigorous training proccess that causes them to experience what they beleive to be PTSD when encountered with the Color Red
In actuality, they're all just whiny bitches
>>
>>54665182
Demons are the same.
>>
>>54672502
If you live in the extreme all the time, it becomes mundane
>>
So spoiler season for C17 on Monday?
>>
>>54672808
Yes.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.