[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

System for Biopunk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: biopunk.jpg (83KB, 1000x728px) Image search: [Google]
biopunk.jpg
83KB, 1000x728px
So what is the best system for a Biopunk setting, /tg/?
>>
File: 1466035788780.jpg (192KB, 778x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1466035788780.jpg
192KB, 778x1100px
>>54656544
One that allows for a lot of customization, but keeps you on strict balance totals in relation to each other. So probably GURPS

Design the powers you want, slap em on, bam done.
>>
File: cover_lg.jpg (130KB, 550x706px) Image search: [Google]
cover_lg.jpg
130KB, 550x706px
>>54656544
>GURPS
yeah pretty much.
>>
What the fuck is GURPS and what is this meme about.
>>
>>54656739
>strict balance
Not really.
>>
File: 1433568000844.jpg (65KB, 706x426px) Image search: [Google]
1433568000844.jpg
65KB, 706x426px
>>54657049
>What the fuck is GURPS and what is this meme about?

How new are your here?

GURPS:The Generic Universal RolePlaying System. Created by Steve Jackson Games 1986 and is designed to allow for play in any game setting.

It use a point buy character creation with a 3d6 roll under skill. It's note for it's realism and high degree of technical accuracy.
>>
>>54657227
>How new are your here?
I keep to the wargame section of this board but want to move across and whenever I see a question I see the first couple of answers are always GURPS. Is it worth buying or is it just a meme?
>>
>>54657337
It's a legit rpg.
>>
>>54657337
It is worth getting.

They have this meme that it's hard but it is a very simple system.
Just know that it requires a good GM even more than other games
>>
>>54656739
>strict balance
>GURPS
Nice meme.
>>
>>54657337

Both.

For the system, start with GURPS Lite. It's a free PDF. That's all the players need. The GM gets the GURPS Basic Set, which has a long list of optional rules. Add them sparingly and one at a time and only once you're comfortable with what you have.

By way of comparison to wargames, GURPS can be Dirtside or DBA, but if you try to use all the options it can easily turn into an Avalon Hill game. GURPS has a level of accuracy and detail that will be comfortable for a wargamer; the sloppy research in RPGs often grates on wargamers.

In your case, GURPS Bio Tech is the sourcebook you want. Even if you don't go with GURPS the system it's a great resource. Older editions of GURPS were very clunky and had a bad reputation which still lives on but even then people would buy GURPS supplements just for the background research.

GURPS Transhuman Space is an incredible near future biopunkish setting. Sadly, the books are written for 3rd Ed. Four cheap but good PDFs convert it over to the superior 4th edition rules, but it's annoying for a newbie.

Yes it's a meme. But it's a meme for a reason. Try GURPS general on here for advice and help. The GURPS forum on SJGames.com is filled with helpful grognards who can answer your questions and help you get started.
>>
File: drink.jpg (5KB, 230x220px) Image search: [Google]
drink.jpg
5KB, 230x220px
>>54657227
>It's note for it's realism and high degree of technical accuracy.
>>
What makes your -punk "punk"?
>>
>>54656544
I would look into Necronica.
>>
>>54660437
System's got plenty of faults, but it's one of the best systems there is in terms of simulationism.

They literally base ingame probabilities and formulae off real-world statistics and studies.
>>
Savage Worlds
>>
>>54656544
Those kind of questions often end "...that is not GURPS?" for a reason.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.