[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Cyperbunk edition ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 0_c6b3a_8f654bb3_orig.png (1MB, 1058x1415px) Image search: [Google]
0_c6b3a_8f654bb3_orig.png
1MB, 1058x1415px
Cyberpunk 2077 is coming any seconds now (*Cough* *Cough*), I want to get into this RPG but I don't know where to start. Which edition is the best ?
>>
>>54655136

bump
>>
>>54655136

bump
>>
2020 is best. V3 is shit.
>>
>>54657018
Seconding 2020, although the original edition, formatted on an Amiga, and printed off at Kinko's is a lovely historical artifact. These guys were early adopters of desktop publishing, and their content IMHO got progressively worse as they became more professional.
>>
>>54657018
Was V3 the one where all the art is dolls in cyberpunk clothes with a green matrix filter?
>>
>>54657641
Yes. Avoid like the plague. You will be scarred for life.
>>
2013 is too detailed. Interlock Unlimited took a lot of useless stuff from 2013 to create an overblown mess of a system.
>>
File: 1314133268573.jpg (93KB, 466x700px) Image search: [Google]
1314133268573.jpg
93KB, 466x700px
>>54655136

Thirding 2020 is the best. V3 is disgusting to look at and isn't really cyberpunk anymore, rather it's some manner of transhumanist science fantasy.

Be aware though that 2020's world is hilariously dated (they still use fax machines for fuck's sake) so unless you're doing some kind of an ironic retro 80's game you'll need to do some heavy and I mean HEAVY rewriting.
>>
>>54658210
It's 2017 and Japan still relies heavily on fax machines. Just saying.

But it's true that some stuff is extremely dated, though it's usually in regard to fairly trivial stuff (cell phones with 10 phone number memory and text-only display, audio cassettes, CDs...). Therefore, I say that a full rewrite isn't necessary. Just adapt the stats of some equipment (mainly electronics) and change the price list. If you want to change the fluff, up to you.
>>
File: Hunter-Seeker v4.3.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter-Seeker v4.3.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
There's a homebrew rewrite of Cyberpunk 2020 called Hunter Seeker that updates some stuff.
>>
File: china fb3.jpg (46KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
china fb3.jpg
46KB, 1200x720px
>>
>>54659752
Too bad it's absolutely shit
>>
Looking for horror adventure ideas for CP2020. Anybody got any ideas?
>>
>>54662174
Read the Ianus modules, Necrology specifically is very good.
>>
>>54655136
As everybody else said, 2020. V2.01, specifically.
>>
>>54659752
>Africa being economically successful
Nice meme
>>
File: blackwatch sick.jpg (188KB, 800x931px) Image search: [Google]
blackwatch sick.jpg
188KB, 800x931px
My buddy is in the process on making a book for his homebrew version of 2020.

2020 is what I would recommend.

His version splits Empathy into Humanity and Empathy(adding 5 points to your pool for stats to compensate). Takes out classes, and rolls the Special Abilities into an Edges/Hindrances system.

Just a note, Maximum Metal is the most controversial Splatbook in my opinion as it can turn a game into a more Military SciFi game which some Cyberpunk purists might despise. It's a good book with a lot of cool things but be careful if you choose to use it.

>>54655136
I typically like to start new players street level for the first game. Give the party 300 dollars a piece and a Fixer's number(if there's not a fixer). Expect a lot of lost limbs and not enough money to replace them so be gentle. Have a RipperDoc do them some favors in exchange for help later. Get them in debt with people, etc. Have them get into the mindset of greed. Where losing a limb isn't really a horrifying experience anymore and just leaves them saying, "That's expensive".

Your missions should be inspired by cheesy action flicks or grimy crime dramas. Don't be afraid to 'Smoking Aces' something, the whole multiple teams get hired to do the same or a similar job is a great way to complicate a mission. Give your enemy teams gimmicks. Give the enemy Paintball guns that shoot aerosol paintballs filled with Tear Gas and use Latex Paint Grenades(try getting that off your optics), Give a melee focused team Motion Restraint Grenades, have them fight a Green Arrow wannabe, have a team of people abuse Cyberpunk 2020s absurd armor stacking system, and let your imagination run wild.

When balancing encounters, take into consideration the Party's average SP then calculate the average damage of a weapon. 7.62mm deals 6d6+2 or 20 Damage on average. So if they Party's SP is usually around 20 you should use that. If it's higher use .50 cal(6d10 ~30 average) or .300WM(7d6+3 ~24 average). Same for enemy's SP
>>
>>54658210
I prefer to think of it now as an alternative history, the detailed timeline in Land of the Brave is pretty good for that
>>
I'm just finished running the second session of a 2020 game and I'm pretty new to GMing in general. Most of the part still only have light pistols, how easy should I make it for them to get decent gear?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.