[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 375
Thread images: 39

File: 35e3641cd4ab4599035e7e8677f13776.jpg (259KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
35e3641cd4ab4599035e7e8677f13776.jpg
259KB, 800x1280px
Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

In your opinion, what makes a character cute?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): https://pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>54639855
>>
>>54654751
>what makes a character cute?
Seeing them when they strangle our stupid OP to death with his own innards
>>
File: 1499769213434.gif (711KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
1499769213434.gif
711KB, 375x304px
*insert anger about Wizards here*
>>
I hope the wizard vs fighter argument does not bleed over here. If they are so into it, why not make a wizard and fighter, bring then into roll 20 and duke it out. Hell make it a spectacle with an audience. Fuck theory crafting. Do it.
>>
File: 1475439189334.png (557KB, 780x763px) Image search: [Google]
1475439189334.png
557KB, 780x763px
>>54654810
Because that's actual theorycraft, since 2hu'ing either or is easy as hell. Look at DHB's Autismfighter, which is specifically meant to shitstomp mages.
>>
>>54654751
Whether they act in a manner that endears me to them. And that's usually not the same thing as what others, even the player of that character, thinks of as "cute."

A lot of /pfg/ players think of being insufferably twee or conforming to anime stereotypes as being cute--behaving like a character in a yuri manga, for one, or spending a whole session trying on dresses and lingerie, for another.

Having doubts, struggles, or humanizing moments of weakness is cute to me.
>>
>>54654822
Wait I thought theory crafting was all about the build idea and thinking about situations. And actually implementing or trying it was I guess "Live testing".
>>
>>54654751
Good roleplay and attention to the subtleties.
Being an anime isn't good roleplay.
>>
>>54654860
The problem with that is that
1. Bad Rolls can and do happen to either side. The Fighter could roll 1s on every single save or attack roll. The Wizard could roll 1s on every single RTA.
2. Trying to say "build X to fuck up your enemy" means that both sides will be trying to build characters specifically to fuck up that class. Wizards won't be preparing Antimagic Field or Aroden's Spellbane, and will stack on items specifically to kill a martial.
3. Wizards aren't supposed to be broken in combat. That's not where their actual strength lies, their strength lies in preparation and utility. Can you kill three Simulacra backed up by an Astral Projection or deal with Scry-and-Fry tactics? Can you bypass puzzles by casting Dimension Door? That's what makes them annoying.
>>
File: So_6af2d6_5600589.jpg (93KB, 700x875px) Image search: [Google]
So_6af2d6_5600589.jpg
93KB, 700x875px
Last thread was a fuck, and this one is too so.far, so I'll.stwrt up a topic to discuss

So anyway, let's talk Gunslingers. Now that we currently have so many varieties of Gunslinger, which would you prefer to use, and how would one make a whole party using a whole mix of Paizo, DHB, and Jolly Gunslingers? And what type of campaign would be best for our gun-toting posse?
>>
>>54654904
Where's Jolly's gunslingers?
>>
>>54654901
>Wizards won't be preparing Antimagic Field
But AMF does fuck up Martials though
At later levels they rely on their magical tools and trinkets
>>
>>54654829
>>54654883
What are the pitfalls that make a character "anime"? What are the anime stereotypes you think players should avoid?
>>
>>54654915
Mordenkainen is better for that purpose, though I guess having a Wondrous Item of AMF, tossing it to the Fighter, and bringing out your Golems and Summon Monster IX counts too.
>>
File: 170778.jpg (62KB, 695x900px) Image search: [Google]
170778.jpg
62KB, 695x900px
>>54654909
Right here friendo!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10MzQQumu0nksyGWKwmlVZFteXGUICeULHzehQKZWR8c/edit?usp=sharing

Even has Gunmage options!
>>
>>54654901
Well in a scientific experiment, you would have set rules and stuff right? Set level, set gold amount to build from, will do more than one fight(you don't get results from experiments with one test), for experimentation also do it on different playing fields at random. Open fields, narrow hallways, in doors, out doors, etc.
>>
>>54654904
DHB? also did jolly post his play test yet? Or is he still writing it up? Last I heard it was in the starting stages.
>>
>>54654936
Yeah, except those experiments don't help with a Wizard, whose job is utility and preparation work (do you let him have Books of Explosive Runes and cast Dispel Magic?), and help even less with the problem of building specifically against each other.
>>
>>54654822
>9:51 before 9:46
reeeeeeeeee
>>
>>54654945
Then I am lost in why people were still arguing back and forth last thread. Oh well. Why not be a Magus and do both? lol
>>
>>54654968
Magi suck shit is the reason.
>then I am lost
It's one specific paidrone.
>>
>>54654944
>DHB
Depressed Homebrewer. He made his own "Unchained" slinger along with the Fighter and Cavalier. It's good in my opinion, but definitely not to everyone's taste as it's built more for utility than combat. Can be found here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pUevSnzc65Xw2cx3ah7iL7s1BBx0bVeF8xKlL0uFIcQ/edit?usp=sharing

As for Jolly playtest, see here>>54654934

Choose your path to being fantasy /k/ommando
>>
>>54654974
But I love and play the Magus ;_; In my current game I play a Magus and I have a player who is a fighter/hellknight. We both do killer damage. The one difference between us is that he is almost active all the time while it takes time for me to buff myself up. Once I am combat ready, I am tankier than him sometimes.
>>
>>54655013
>Buffing
>Not just spamming metamagicked Shocking Grasp Spell Combat Spellstrike and deleting everything.
It's rare to nowadays find someone still so innocent and precious
>>
>>54654904
God, Paizo's slinger is fuck awful. DHB's and Jolly's could play well together though, team touch attack.
>>
>>54655038
I mean, I do that to but in the rare case that your combo does not out right kill the thing, better safe than sorry I guess.
>>
>>54654919
Generally being a very shallow archetypal character who acts in an unrealistic manner. They take one attribute they think is "cute" such as naivety or cheeriness and only roleplay that.
>>
>>54655052
Paizoslinger can be cool if you use good archetypes, like the ones in Gunslingers of Porphyra
>>
>firearms and full plate
Truly, is there any better combination? Plus they were contemporaries! Why is art of it so rare though?
>>
>>54655075
>jolly's required to fix the gunslinger no matter the build

what a hero
>>
>>54654919
It's the sort of thing you can't really describe that easily, because on paper, most shonen protagonist bullshit is very much a staple of Western fiction as well. The best way I can say it is that "You'll know it when you see it."

It's like >>54655074 says--you see a character whose player clearly isn't trying to grow, or react realistically to stimuli, or show that they have multiple settings besides their default stereotype. A character who is designed to have just one mode, like "Naive little girl" or "Violent tsundere" or "Cool, collected yuri love interest."

And yes, in my experience, the characters these end up being are usually women. Male characters have a whole different set of pitfalls, but that's a story for another post.
>>
File: Serpico.png (449KB, 800x713px) Image search: [Google]
Serpico.png
449KB, 800x713px
>>54655087
You think that's hard, try finding big crossbows
>>
>>54655156
Wouldn't a big crossbow be a ballista? I'd imagine that'd be easier to find
>>
>>54655111
Building on this, male characters actually tend to have a much more westernized set of problems. Their players try to make them conform to what they think of as either their own idealized macho image, or something slightly softer that they assume will be a crowd-pleaser (like the "daddy" character phenomenon).

The whole "Dick Delivery System" problem of /pfg/ characters is the same problem that would otherwise be called a classic John Wayne-style Marty Stu (not to disparage the man, but not all his movies have aged well). They're made not to be blatant references to anime waifus, but to be masculine, strong, and...that's about it. They get maybe a slight spin on them from being Lawful, Chivalrous, or Ambitious, but generally speaking they'll remain somewhere in the realms of "full-bearded and mature, but reasonably youthful and virile."
>>
>>54655050
And yet he's made to be relevant.
>>
has ki pool from different classes been unified?
>>
Is Vital Strike a meme?
>>
>>54655365
It's a good meme.
Get powerful build with a butchering axe to have 4d6 damage off the bat.
Get two effective size increases from, say, elemental nimbus (earth). You now have 8d6.
Get two real size increases from, say, Aegis nonsense. You now have 16d6.
Apply Greater Vital Strike. 64d6.
>>
>>54655391
How do I get Powerful Build beyond Half-Giant?
>>
>>54655407
There are several Bloodforge races that give it.
>>
>>54655414
Oh, damn, my DM hates that.
>>
>>54655418
Well, without Powerful Build you cap at 48d6. Still nice.
>>
>>54655418
You can use stupendous strength to wield an oversized Butchering Axe.
You'll have to eat the attack penalties for inappropriately sized weapons, though.
>>
>>54654904
All these homebrew gunshitters get too far away from the core of the class.
That is, being a slinger of guns. A lot of the new "features" are shitty tag-ons you'd burn on an archetype no one wants to play.
>>
>>54655407
If you dip a level in Aegis you can have an astral suit that grants Powerful Build for 2 of the 3 points one level will net you.
>>
>>54655111
>>54655241
So what you mean is "Don't play stereotypes"? Because that seems pretty far removed from "anime".
>>
>>54655454
The core is fucking garbage, being too far from it is a good thing.
>>
>>54654751
Hey, playtest pastebin needs updated, SoM is over and Legendary Gunslingers is started.
>>
>>54655695
Someone should probably add SSDK's stuff to the Homebrew list, too.
>>
Anyone happen to pick up the Black Blade Options book from Rogue Genius? Kinda interested in what other classes get bladebound options.
>>
What's this Nimble armor enhancement everyone talks about on the pathfinder forums? Where can I read it?
>>
>>54655600
Anime more directly relates towards playing cute characters. People sometimes fall into the trap of playing anime archetypes which are characters that look pretty damn out of place when put up against one with some depth.

Also for heaven's sake if you're trying to be cute don't be lewd. If you do both it almost always comes off really forced like you're trying super hard and/or compensating for something. Which, if you're actually doing is totally fine RP but if our intention is to be cute, it should be something that looks unintentional.
>>
>>54655751

Adventurer's Armory 2. It's on Archives of Nethys. It's also an armor mod, not an enhancement.
>>
>Think about apping to Bones and Bef Shackles
>Want to play stacked domineering captain-lady
>But also prefer playing guys. At least for lewds. Partly because male doms are less common in lewd games
>Don't like futa but want the best of both worlds

What do?
>>
>>54655779
More squid.
>>
>>54655779
>Bef
*Bed

Autocorrect you're not even using real words anymore.

>>54655782
I was actually considering a Skinwalker, specifically wereshark-kin.
>>
>>54654883
>weeb characters can't be roleplayed well
False. There is no aesthetic or stereotype that can't be roleplayed well or given a fresh spin by a good roleplayer.

>>54654822
Firefox -> Inspect Element.png
>>
>>54655765
>if you're trying to be cute don't be lewd
Really, I'd say just don't be lewd in the first place. It's even worse than comfy when somebody in the group just takes the first instance of anything beyond passing conversation as a signal to molest your party members.
>>
>>54655765
>tfw my intrigue character is straight up anime
;_;
>>
File: 1501015623473.jpg (404KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501015623473.jpg
404KB, 566x800px
>>54654751
Trying her best despite being out of her depth
>>
Edgy character always brings 2 tower shields around so he is always in a corner brooding. Bring another 2 so he is surrounded by corners. I need to do this one day.
>>
>>54656022
>PLD
Is that Cashmere?
>>
>>54655848
You can prove me wrong. Just because they've got an anime backstory and character art doesn't mean you can't play an engaging three dimensional character.
If they've got more going on than just being a 2 foot fucktoy then I'll be proud of you.
>>
>>54656124
>If they've got more going on than just being a 2 foot fucktoy then I'll be proud of you.
SMOL ARE NOT FOR LEWD
>>
>>54655779
Stacked domineering captain-lady sounds fun, especially since the party will need a captain later on.
>>
Is a 20 charisma start Human Paladin (Hospitaler) too meme to be effective?
>>
>>54656255
>too meme to be effective
What does this even mean?
>>
>>54654929
Well I mean the AMF would turn off the Summon Monsters.
>>
>>54656096
Close enough to the little arcane investigator
>>
>>54656371
Too specialized and underpowered to be effective.
>>
>>54656372
I thought monsters got a will save to be banished
>>
>>54656410
>Too specialized and underpowered = too meme
uh, ok

Smites > Channel, but you'll probably be ok in unoptimized group
>>
>>54656443
I'm sorry I use meme in a way that reminds me of SQAUNCHING from Rick and Morty. It has less of a syntactical meaning and more of a emotional and contextual application.

When I'm playing a fighting game and getting raped by a friend that's pushing me into a corner I might just blurt out I'm being fucking memed!" in a happy/hype/butthurt sort of way. I might also describe something like No Mans Sky as a fucking meme to describe it being people bandwagoning on something without substance. I also just use the actual word meme though.

I'm sorry.
>>
>>54656492
It's not something you should be sorry about in my opinion. Our short conversation was about finding a common language that's all.

Still, if you're interested in playing a paladin-healer, Life Oracle dip (life link) will probably be more effective for in-combat healing (since then you'll heal others as a Swift and more effectively). And there are CLW wands for out-of-combat healing anyway.
>>
After 'blogging' this at request in the discord, it was suggested I post this in the thread for people to read/rage on as necessary. I suppose airing dirty laundry is good for you, anyway. Some less important parts removed so it can fit in one post.

IterationDrive: I got a new job that proved to be a lot more stressful than I anticipated, which a schedule that left me all sorts of screwed up; combined with flaring up some ongoing family issues and a whole heap of money issues, I just didn't have the energy to do any gaming at all. I kept MEANING to show back up and apologize and explain what happened, but each time I tried I felt awful for vanishing and said 'maybe next week'; and by the point my life had stabilized I'd already been kicked out of everything. I have a bad habit of taking blame in to myself, so I pretty much convinced myself I deserved it and had been an awful person and that I didn't deserve to try to go back and explain myself and what happened until recently, because as it turns out depression is really shitty and I'm tired of living with it, so I decided I'd try to fight it.
[Discussion on how I did deserve it/the rape and murder.]
IterationDrive: I am aware, which is why I didn't come back until I realized a good chunk of the reasoning was that it gave me another excuse to look down on myself, which wasn't healthy short or long term.
IterationDrive: Because it started with me missing a session due to oversleeping and snowballed from there, basically.
IterationDrive: (Also the rape and murder--evil campaign, I was very clear about playing a serial rapist, I okayed it with the other players and GM, the murder was an accident.)
[Discussion on how I should have apologized, and being told to post]
IterationDrive: And, again, I kept meaning to, but it kept snowballing to 'i'll do it tomorrow'. I know that I screwed up, and I'm not looking to make excuses, which is the main reason I haven't until now explained myself and just sort of showed back up.
>>
>>54656647
You could probably just PM argentum to clear up matters instead of expecting them to hear about it through a third party by posting it openly!
>>
>>54656771

DESU it's also kind of an open apology to everyone else who was involved in that game too, at least the ones that still browse /pfg/, since I'm a shitter who doesn't remember most of them. Anyway, taking off the namefag after this post, what's done is done.
>>
>>54654904

I'm a huge fan of the gun archetype for Spellburst Savants. It's very much a gunmage (With about equal amounts of both gun and mage) but it's very fun.
>>
Recommend me a character sheet
>>
>>54656647

To be frank? Most people here don't give a shit. The only people know anything about anything there is that Witchhunteranon keeps bringing stuff up and I'm honestly more tired of personal drama being thrown about after a game is over than one person fucking up.

I mean, apologising/admitting mistakes is all well and good but just tell the GM what happened and don't pay attention to witch hunter anon.
>>
What do DM's look for in regards to a character sheet to determine whether a player is going to be worth it or not? Online character sheets, obviously with physical sheets I'd look for the sheet actually being taken care of. I'm trying to make better characters.
>>
>>54656647
No one gives a fuck dude, this ain't your personal blog.
>>
>>54657220
In addition to being filled out properly, the character needs to be competent, but not ridiculously minmaxed.

The point of sheets is largely to tell the GM what sort of player you are, and if you can fit in with the group.
>>
>>54654904
Because they know the face of their father.

I have a nation in my setting that's a classic holy mideval kingdom where all the Knights are gunslingers. Come come commala, motherfucker
>>
>>54654904

There was a pretty cool homebrew harbinger archetype for them posted a while ago. Can't find where it was though.
>>
>Divergent Paths:Mystic Playtest
>Playtest is officially closed, but I'm leaving the document available if people still liked it and want to use it or its materials for their games. I will not be working with DSP any further for this product.

...What happened?
>>
File: 1500603468462.png (1MB, 750x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1500603468462.png
1MB, 750x1150px
I need writing material! Give me some ideas for short games, /pgg/. Golarion or Homebrew world, it doesn't matter!
>>
>>54657736
Tribe of Kellid Barbarians have to survive their village being assaulted by the Technic League looking to try out their newly constructed robots and weapons.

Alternatively Technic League agents try out newly constructed robots and tech weapons against a Kellid Tribe/Numerian Town that's been a pain in their ass fora while.
>>
>>54657736
Gangs of Absalom
>>
>>54657781
This, but use Augustana in Andoran and use halflings as your Irish stand-in
>>
I tried to nerf down the Lords of the Night vampire so it'd be LA+0 and feasible for normal games.
https://pastebin.com/zesx3Fn1
What do you think, /pfg/?
Did I overnerf it? Did I not nerf it enough to justify LA+0?
>>
>>54657822
>mfw I'm already building Bill the Butcher as half-orc in another game.
>>
When Altered Summoned Monster says "a creature you could summon with a summon monster or summon nature’s ally spell," does it mean that I have to actually know one of those spells or is that clause just saying I can't pick a creature that's incompatible with my alignment?
>>
>>54657301
I don't mind ridicuously minmaxed as long as is not powergamer. You can minmax and just be competent, for example, back in 3.5 I've seen a ridiculously minmaxed Notwerewolf (was a shifter) barbarian, he had like 40 Str and stuff, but only 3 natural attacks (bite claw claw) he didn't want more because wouldn't fit his image and dealt like 1d4+20 with each. If he used weapons instead he would deal like twice more, he wanted to make that concept and minmaxed it, but wasn't really as strong as I say a paladin focused on falchion or other 2hd weapon.

There's a dude who appears in here from time to time who mentions his mach 1 character, I'm 100% he minmaxed the shit out of it to be able to reach that speed as a human, does it matter? no, is just useless, is a gimmick that doesn't help him and makes him better than anyone in the table, in fact probably worse because he wasted tons of resources to achive nothing.
>>
>>54658042
DM fiat.
>>
Does Seize the Opportunity combat feat allow you to use initiation maneuvers as attacks of opportunity?
"When you make an attack of opportunity, you can use take an attack action (such as vital strike) or attempt a combat maneuver (such as a bull rush, disarm or dirty trick) in place of your attack of opportunity. This feat does not allow you to move when it isn’t your turn."
>>
>>54658131
Initiation maneuvers are not attack actions. They are general standard actions.
Attack actions are a subset of standard actions according to Paizo rules.
>>
>>54657168
Bumpo?
>>
>>54658130
I'm the DM. I'd guess RAI is that you don't need to actually need to be able to summon said monsters on your own with the actual named spells, only that it's supposed to say you can't take monsters that need feats or different alignments from yours to summon.
>>
>>54658042
The keyword is in the next sentence, "The new creature must be an option from a spell of the same level or lower as the spell that summoned the target". It has no clauses on what you can't summon other than the max level of it. The first sentence can indeed be read as "a creature YOU could summon", to support the no-alignment-breaking clause. It's your call, but it definitely doesn't restrict you to spells you already know.
>>
>>54658207
Myth-Weavers has some good ones.
>>
>mfw gonna make another insect race and there's already fucking bee-people whose names are like 2 letters off from what I intended
WELL THEN, FUCK YOU TOO
>>
>>54658417
I guess you'll just have to...
parrot their idea
>>
Do you like beans?
>>
>>54658443
Where is this going?
>>
>>54658442
Nah, I switched it up and ended up remembering some old tasty ideas that I thought I'd forgotten. Suddenly the whole race is a lot more...shiny inside
>>
>>54658443
I like beans! Especially some of that home recipe with brown sugar and bits of bacon and a nice squirt of mustard!
>>
Is
str 20
dex 12
con 14
int 8
wis 12
cha 7

an acceptable stat block for a level 1 human fighter?
>>
>>54658594
Yes
>>
>>54658594
Looks fine, though ONE SKILL POINT / LEVEL is going to hurt.
>>
>>54658594
Looks fine enough. I hope for your sake that you know how to optimize a fighter's feats and AWTs properly and aren't going in blind though.

>>54658629
Two, because human.
>>
>>54658629
Its 2-3 depending on whether you want to get a favored class skill point. Humans get a free skill point.
>>
>>54658648
Ah right
>>
>>54658648
>I hope for your sake that you know how to optimize a fighter's feats and AWTs properly and aren't going in blind though.

I do not. I'd be willing to change my stat block, I want to be a fighter because I like the flavor and choosing feats is fun. I think barbarians aren't as cool because the idea of raging for strength instead of actually doing training is dumb. I like monks too but I don't like brawlers for a similar reason that I dislike barbarians. I want to play a character that practices a lot, is diligent, who has finely honed perfection. I don't want to play a guy that just want to kill stuff or only feels alive in the heat of battle.

I was interpreting the low int and low cha as more single minded autism and not actually being a fucking retard. Maybe I should have higher int though.
>>
>>54658720
A common fix for barbarian flavor is to refluff Rage as a semi-autistic cold state of hyperfocus.

That might work out for you.
>>
>>54658720
>I don't want to play a guy that just want to kill stuff or only feels alive in the heat of battle.

Personality isn't tied to class lmao
>>
>>54658767
I don't want to pick barbarian for the same reason I'll never pick wizard over sorcerer regardless of the edition. Fighters are cooler flavor wise than Barbarians are and I can't just overlook the fact that I'm playing a barbarian and pretend I'm a fighter. Sorcerers are cooler flavor wise than wizards because they feel magic, they are inherently magical and that somehow makes them cooler than wizards regardless of the fact that they're usually shittier than wizards.

I realize barbarians are more effective but its not just the damage output that I like from fighter and I should probably alter the statblock to reflect what I like I guess. I like that fighters are skilled with multiple types of armors and weapons. Fighters aren't really meant to be one trick ponies I feel like. I'm pretty sure fighters are meant to be the martial class that can equal a ranger with a bow as a side hobby.

I like the idea of spending a few feats on improving damage, a few on shield/dodge stuff, a few on ranged combat etc. Though from what I've gathered the only reasonable way to play fighter is to autism down a single gimmick mechanic which doesn't really sound fun.
>>
>>54658767
>Not playing a monk who worships a god of battle and fluffing it as entering a "zen state"
>>
File: NO_PMs.png (688B, 75x47px) Image search: [Google]
NO_PMs.png
688B, 75x47px
Only you can turn this pink.

I want you to PM you Crush today!
>>
>>54658952
What is this "crush" shit? Are you all 12 years old?
>>
>>54658947
>War veteran/Traumatic event survivor
>Whenever they go back into battle, their rage results because they think of the old days
>>
>>54658978
Mentally, maybe.
>>
desu I'm still sad that taking a second weapon group means it will be worse off than autistically focusing on one group. Let me switch hit, dammit! I want to switch from longbow to dual shortswords or some bullshit like that.
>>
Is it worth to max Acrobatics with a non Dex focused class?

I'm Enlightened Pal and I feel like with 12 on Dex my acrobatics will mean shit
>>
File: 1496253742497.jpg (877KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1496253742497.jpg
877KB, 1600x1600px
>Minkai island in the shackles
>Ninjas vs pirates was a thing
How good is the official ninja class? Or are there any better alternatives?
>>
>>54659196
It was basically a Monk/Rogue hybrid class before those were a thing.
>>
>>54659167
It will mean shit
>>
>>54659167
If your DM like throwing exclusively huge monster then you want high Acro to dodge the AoO.
>>
>>54659006
>>54658767
You guys are missing the point. Its against the flavor of the fighter because all of those things are "I'm powerful during x state, its something I can only do for a bit, or its something beyond my control, its a state that isn't THE NORM" the flavor of a fighter is that you're always ready because your prowess isn't a meme, its the real deal. You're not gonna get fatigued, you don't need some class ability with a set amount of rounds or anything like that. The thing that makes a fighter a fighter is that all his strength is passive shit that's always up. He's good to go baby.
>>
>>54659196
A PoW Slayer is basically an improved Ninja!

You're playing with fire if you make Taki, dude. That's top-shelf material.
>>
>>54659425
>taki
>top shelf
>>
>>54659167
Arguably not even a Dex focused class will pass the DC half the time against big monsters.

T. Monk with 24 on Dex.
>>
>>54659316
To bad fighters are a meme in and of themselves.

When your entire class is built around passive abilities, those passive abilities have to be weaker than the activated abilities of other classes, otherwise players have no reason to play those other classes. They're drawback is that instead of relying on a resource pool, they're sub-par.

Which would be fine except the game is built around encounter lengths that cater to the classes with resource pools, so as not to overwhelm them. This design choice means that fighters are always going to suck unless they specialize and happen to be doing what they specialize in.

In summary, Fighters are mechanically broken, and not in the good way.

The Champion Fighter in 5e has the same issues.
>>
>>54659503
Also I hate phone posting and autocorrect.
>>
>>54659503
At least they do have the ability to get resource pools now, to an extent. Combat Stamina, x/day "casting", resource-based feats, etc.
>>
>>54659535
>cue 4e level whining about martials being casters if they have per day abilities or resource pools an utility outside of full attacking/shitty combat maneuvers.
>>
>>54659196
>Ninjas vs Pirates

Anon please, in Jade Regent you get Ninjas vs Vikings!
>>
File: IMG_0066.jpg (649KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0066.jpg
649KB, 1920x1080px
Anything new came out for Starfinder?
>>
>>54659596
SOON
>>
>>54659885
I want to be a jet pack equipped bug so badly, and I never thought I would write out that sentence
>>
>>54659596

There was something about an organization that aims to collect and compile all knowledge of the universe, I think?
>>
>>54659912
And you get reputation points for joining them in a Forum-based game. Because that's data.
>>
>>54659912
It's the Dataphiles

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljzj?Faction-Overview-Dataphiles#discuss

>>54659924
I'm reminded of Network Zero from World of Darkness. Though I'm sure we'll end up turning them into a /pol/ equivalent roo
>>
This is probably a really stupid question.

But is there any way to get another stat for your to-hit with guns besides DEX?

I know it barely matters since it targets touch AC but I'm just curious. 3pp is allowed.
>>
>>54660009
Wis
>>
>>54660048
With what? And is it Guided Hand?
>>
>>54655365
An unchained monk turns vital strike into a nightmare at high levels.
>>
>>54660009
Guided enchantment if you ignore paizo dev's stupid comment.
>>
aaaaa I want to be in an unrequited love with a kunoichi!
>>
>>54660136
>The class that wants to flurry the most, and has the best tools to do so
>A nightmare with vital strike
Fucking... How?
>>
>>54660158
Okay.
>>
>>54660176
Stacking dmg dice is my guess. Monk seems to have more way of gaining larger effective weapon size. Like the Stonefist Gauntlet which is exclusive to unarmed strike.
>>
>>54660197
But those damage dice are better served in a flurry. anywhere from 5 to 10*4d6+Str is a lot better than 16d6+str
>>
>>54660176
Because full BAB means they can do 8d10 base damage on a single attack, and their devastating strike add a +6, and with Dragon Ferocity adding double strength bonus on a single attack.

Mind you that doesn't even stop them from having a deadly flurry either. It's just that their single attacks become just as deadly as their flurries.
>>
>>54660215
That's assuming you can hit the iteratives. Vital Strike monk does have higher average damage potential and the size increase eventually beat the flurry
>>
File: PLD_Bonbon_Troll_Toll.jpg (619KB, 937x1899px) Image search: [Google]
PLD_Bonbon_Troll_Toll.jpg
619KB, 937x1899px
>>
>>54659503
Not that this is the place for it but I completely disagree with you on the 5e Champion being anywhere near as bad as the Fighter in Pathfinder.

If you were arguing that it was boring, unfun, or that it doesn't have enough utility outside of murder, I might agree with you (or accept it as "just your opinion") but in terms of raw strength, Champion Fighter is probably one of the most consistent damage dealers in 5e. In terms of ending fights and filling their role, I think they outstrip Arcane Knights most of the time.

Expanded Crit Range, especially if you build towards it a little, is really good.
>>
>>54660266
Hence 5-10. By the time vital strike ramps up you should be throwing out enough attacks that at bare minimum you should do the same damage as one vital strike on a bad flurry. Witg half or less of the feat cost.
>>
>>54660312
Never said it was as bad, just that it suffers from the same draw backs. Champions in 5e are amazing in a long fight or in an adventure that provides little to no time to full rest. Anything short of that and they tend to fall short of the other classes, except maybe vanilla Ranger because it's absolute ass.
>>
>>54660299
Shouldn't the girl be Bonbon?
>>
>>54660368
I'd personally put them at the low end of the mid-tier; not the best but strong enough that you probably won't notice.
>>
>>54660379
That's what the cropped hat implies
>>
>>54660312
Battlemasters are better for damage and control.
>>
>>54660446
Then I love it!
>>
>>54660368
The bonuses to every physical skill they're not trained in and the extra styles help out surprisingly such. In terms of versatility, a well-built champion comes in just behind the Eldritch Knight and can do a lot more for the party out-of-combat than the Battlemaster.

That being said, I still do think that they're a little on the weak side, but it's like the difference between an illusionist wizard and a divination wizard in PF. Yeah, one of them is a better choice, but none of them are bad choices - It's all great shit.
>>
I hope Blingmaker has fun tonight!
>>
Godslayer probably a bamboozle. GM disappeared three days ago.
>>
>>54660651
Why do you tell lies anon?
>>
>>54659477
>>54659425
I always preferred Ivy, but I definitely respect your excellent taste.
>>
>>54660651
I wouldn't hold it against him, the game's been shat on here and it's getting little to no attention.
>>
>>54660699
Friend, Ivy is my close second to Taki, followed by Sophitia in third.
>>
>>54660648
I hope so too! Hopefully something embarrassing and cute will happen to the Dork Knight.
>>
>>54660699
>>54660711
Ivy, Taki, and Sophitia are all amazing. But, I gotta go with Hilde.
>>
>>54660781
>>54660711
>>54660699
I want Siegfried inside me~
>>
>>54660875
>>54660711
>>54660781
Take it to the Discord, por favor.

You're free to discuss Starfinder character concepts, though
>>
File: VPXoKt.jpg (149KB, 708x1129px) Image search: [Google]
VPXoKt.jpg
149KB, 708x1129px
>>54660894
PUUUUUUUUUUURGING WIIIIIIITH MY KIIIIIIIIIN
>>
>>54660158
Seriously, this meme was never funny.
>>
>>54660894
I want to play a member of an apocalyptic death cult with a Space AK and a wisecracking robot sidekick named Hassan.
>>
>>54660894
I want to play a VR junkie Technomancer whose AI buddy is his waifu!
>>
>>54661029
aaaaa I want to be in an unrequited love with Anon!
>>
>d10 HPs and 14 Con
Can I use my favored bonus for something else than HPs?
>>
>>54661053
>the ai waifu is just buddies with him
>I'm sorry, but I just wasn't programmed with the parameters to find you romantically interesting
>>
>>54661065
Look, Disk (and I'm pretty sure you're Disk with that attitude), what do you even define as unrequited love?
>>
>>54661092

>ever using FCBs for HPs

ishi dig ity.
>>
>>54661005
We are going to get so many requests for Spess Muhrines

>>54661042
I understand. Now what race are you going to be?

>>54661101
>>54661053
Shot through the heart
>>
>>54661137
Well, sometimes you have, for example when your archetype removes the stuff that gets improved by FCBs from your race.
>>
>>54661179

But then you can jsut get skill points?
>>
>>54661137
>not being a human and picking the Fast Learner trait that gives you both skill points and Health points as your FCB.
>>
>>54661324
Which only makes sense if the class FCB is worthless. But PF loves "muh humie supreemacee"
>>
>>54660875
I want to be inside of (you)
>>
Say I'm playing a wizard and I want to go from using Mage Armor all the time to wearing actual armor. Dumping feats into Light Armor Proficiency and Arcane Armor Mastery seems quite shitty. Mithril only reduces arcane spell failure by 10%. Is there something else I can do to lower the spell failure chance?
>>
File: elf_food.webm (3MB, 1280x533px) Image search: [Google]
elf_food.webm
3MB, 1280x533px
Have you ever been eaten/swallowed alive? Did you manage to escape and stay alive?
>>
File: 1489543967142.jpg (54KB, 441x483px) Image search: [Google]
1489543967142.jpg
54KB, 441x483px
>>54661452
>Say I'm playing a wizard and I want to go from using Mage Armor all the time to wearing actual armor
>>
>>54661465
Did she ded
>>
>>54661129
I long for Anon's touch, but they are oblivious to my true feelings!
>>
>>54661503
Looks like a failed quicktime in a game
>>
>>54661452
1. Suck it up and wear Mithril armor and Arcane Armor Training; this sucks, but is your cheapest method.
2. Wear a Mithril Buckler. It has no attack penalty, no ACP, and no ASF, so it's an easy way to get a Shield bonus to AC (which still lets you fuck around with a Wand of Mage Armor to stack both AC bonuses).
3. If you're rich and/or high-level (and thus rich), pick up a Celestial Shield and Wizard's Mail. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/specific-magic-shields/celestial-shield/ and http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/specific-magic-armor/wizard-s-mail/
4. Suck it up even more and wear Djezet Skin http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-armor/specific-magic-armor/djezet-skin/; it's cheaper than the above method, but it also likely makes you look like a slut.
>>
>>54661524
It's not, it's the cinematic trailer for the War Hydra of the Lizardmen in Total War; Warhammer II.
>>
>>54661503
Nah. You use a Phoenix Down on her cause you bought 99 in the last town, remember?
>>
>>54661138
Human or Kasatha
>>
>>54661506
I shall give you the embrace you desire, but only if you say what I require! My love for you shall be your reward, but only after you give me your Discord!
>>
>>54661452
Hear me out
Haramaki + Armored kilt.
>>
>>54661538

It's probably an ingame kill.
>>
>>54661506
I know how that is.
In my case, it's more that I don't know if they like me back, and I worry about pushing it too far.

It hurts. You don't want to be in that position.
>>
>>54661490
If I play a wizard with Craft Magical Arms and Armor doing so becomes very justifiable at level twelve, so go fuck yourself.

>>54661534
Thank you. But really, who wouldn't want to wear Djezet Skin? I can't even imagine anything more terrifying to face on the battlefield.
>>
File: 1492193046872.png (565KB, 652x624px) Image search: [Google]
1492193046872.png
565KB, 652x624px
>>54661677
>so go fuck yourself
>>
>>54661597
How am I to know which Anon is which? You might be some other Anon entirely! Worse, you might be a hated Cabalite!
>>
File: 1500928269341.jpg (103KB, 960x504px) Image search: [Google]
1500928269341.jpg
103KB, 960x504px
>>54661702
>>
>>54661723
>>54661597
Only one person around here gets that dramatic...well, maybe two, but I'm pretty sure you're not Disk.
But rest assured, I do care for you.
Even if I'm a filthy cabal member.
>>
>>54661723
Oh anon, you will see. You will surely know it's me! A little trust is all I broach, so please type your name into this post!
>>
>>54661677
No it doesn't.

You're not going to be raising your AC Past "instant hit range as a wizard" just get custom items of mirror image and displacment like a fucking sane person.
>>
>>54661626
Anon, have you considered taking a walk? Going to a cafe? I recommend it. It'll help.

But be On Topic here. What are your Starfinder ideas?
>>
>>54661626
>Push it too far

What do you want them to do that you're not already doing with them?
>>
File: massive defect.gif (2MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
massive defect.gif
2MB, 245x245px
>>54661876
Mass Effect: Andromedia, but people's faces aren't tired.
>>
>>54656223
Yeah, I thought it'd be fun too. Character wouldn't -have- to be the captain, but I could easily see her doing it if the rest of the party isn't suited to the role. Though funny enough, I've been in two seafaring campaigns before and both times my character ended up becoming the captain (though these were homebrew games, not Skulls and Shackles).

I'm thinking about making her a witch, partly because I've never played a witch before and partly because I like the concept of a pirate ship having a resident sea witch who keeps the winds favorable and throws curses at the crew's enemies. Also because then I can cast Alter Self and turn into a guy for lewds from time to time. No one on the ship will be safe, -no one-.

Actually, while I'm thinking about it, does anyone ITT have tips for someone that's never played a witch before? Must-have hexes/feats, items that work really well for witches, good witch races, etc? How's prehensile hair as a hex, is it worth grabbing for non-lewd reasons?
>>
>>54661901
My face is very tired!
>>
>>54661772
>I'm pretty sure you're not Disk.
;^)
>>
>>54661912
>Good Witch Races
Humans and Changelings are pretty much ideal for Witching, Elves work in a pinch when you're building an Int-based Witch.

And I specify Int-based because there's an archetype for the Witch that works off Charisma, the "Seducer," which is even more explicitly sexual than you might think.
>>
>>54661912
I mean, you need Charisma to be a captain, and my character has very little!
>>
>>54662222
>you need charisma to be a Captain
Hah. Good one. I've worked with PR Officers who'd have a single digit CHA score if they made a character based off themselves. And they're supposed to be personable and charismatic.
>>
/pfg/ is bad civilization
>>
>>54655779
Don't play another pirate and instead do something original
>>
>>54662277
True, but that's in a regimented, organized society. Pirates who try to pull rank without the proper Charisma, or at least the Strength to beat down all their naysayers, are going to get fragged and/or keelhauled real quick.
>>
>>54662278
>/pfg/
>Civilization
good joke
>>
>>54661965
Huh, dunno why I didn't think of changeling. I guess because I've never messed with them, or even been in a game with one really. I'm familiar with Seducer though; Thought about taking it but I'm not sure I want to give up my hexes for some of it's abilities. That, and if I stay Int based I get more skills to toss around. Do plan to have some charisma though, I thin my priority is going to be Int>Cha>Dex>Con>Wis>Str
>>
>>54662296
I'd argue skill intelligence and social connections are more important in that scenario. And you don't need CHA to have the right connections within a crew. Money can grease that part.
>>
>Make a deep backstory but leaving names of cities, countries, etc vague in case I want to change something in the future
>GM proceeds to fill the gaps and enforcing his vision of how my character's backstory should be
Fuck this shit, I didn't went mary sue tier or special snowflake tier, why he has to do that?
>>
>>54662365
Money without Charisma means they'll kill you because they don't respect you, and take your money
>>
>>54661723
>>54661597
>>54661506
>>54661129
>>54661065
>>54661029
>>54660158
You know what the "best" part of unrequited love is, fucker?
Knowing that they like someone else. It's really "fun," you should try it sometime.
>>
>>54662395
Then you kill them as an example to probe your not to be fucked with. Pirates respect strength above all. When they realize they have much to gain by following someone who actually knows what the fuck their doing instead of having an off the bat "nice personality" they'll grow to like you anyway.

Or just take one of the many options that lets you use Int or Wisdom for Diplomacy and other social skills.
>>
Say something nice each of the Skullfucks and Shackles submissions, /pfg/!
>>
>>54660379
As Bonbon's player I can confirm this is pretty much how it went down.
>>
>>54662395
With pirates, two things count.
1. You got the loot.
2. You got the sword-arm.
>>
>>54662421
I hate every single fucking one of them, but I suppose having the courage to play with such blatant fucking fetish bait on a very. very public forum is admirable.
>>
>>54662421
>Raimi
As funny as it was the last time: Mildly so.

>Edouard
Obvious shitpost, but it gave me a sensible chuckle when I saw the clarinet in the inventory.

>Aurora, Sibyl
Looks like it had actual work put into it.

>Mar, Amelia, Ailee
Art looks great.

>Luculeia
Seems to have a good sense of tone.

>Cephaia
I'd watch a Disney movie about this one.

>Kresh
It was a quick read.

>Rekina
Made me want to make a Dick-Delivery System app before I remembered the game is a bamboozle.

>Kawase
It's...grammatically correct, mostly.

>Vasad
There's some actual writing skill that went into this.

>Tuvarkz
It made me laugh a little.
>>
>>54662421
Link me to the game.
>>
>>54662278
What's this character even from?
>>
>>54662497
Oh, is my writing not good, or does Disney movie equate to 'it's mediocre'?
>>
>>54662529
It was intended as a compliment.
Wow, didn't think I'd run into someone more catty than me today.
>>
>>54662529
Disney movies have actually been pretty good recently, though?
>>
>>54662497
>Kawase
You can use my character's name instead of mine you know.
>>
>>54662384
A good backstory is made great by filling those details in, you should've known The Who, the what, and the where.
>>
>>54662542
>>54662539
Ooh. I thought it might have been something meh like Princess and the Frog. Okay!
>>
>>54662546
Nah.
Take heart, I did the same for Tuvarkz.
>>
>>54662567
Is the application really that bad that there's nothing good to say about it, or is it just that you're memeing on me?
>>
>>54662588
Yes.
>>
>>54662527
Thats Attila the hun, from Fate

In the Fate universe, Attila's real name is Altera, and she's actually a cute delicious chocolate girl who is actually a fully digital existence from -space-, sent initially to harvest all of humanity's civilization and destroy it. However 14000 years ago when they first fell, they were destroyed before they could complete their mission, thus their real digital existence remained in the moon(where it initally crashed into and sent a 'frame' down to earth which was known as Sefar, aka the Fishing god of Sefar from mesopotanian cave painting. And the moon is which is a massive computer and acts as an akashic record effectively) 13000 years ish later the huns found the remains of the titan and found a little girl looking thing which was actually like a black box for the titan that was sent down and thats who attila was

Her sword looks like that because its actually the sword of the actual god of war, Mars, whom she beat and took the sword back in ye old times of being the white titan sefar 14000 years ago.

So.. yeah. Attila.
>>
>>54662497
>before I remembered the game is a bamboozle.
I really want the game to be real. But then I see how many hours the GM has on roll20 and I worry. I suppose it could be an alt account because the GM doesn't want to have their main account linked to an ERP game, but still.
>>
>>54662599
...God the more the Fate universe expands, the more I fucking despise it.
>>
>>54662563
Fuck you, that movie was good.
>>
>>54662510
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85043/bones-and-bed-shackles
>>
>>54662620
It was okay.
>>
>>54662497
>Not mentioning IDrive's characters

Good, we all know what we think of them and of him.
>>
>>54662613
Fate is a hell of a drug.

But yes, Attila the hun is a cute brown girl who is actually a digital space alien in fate.

If its any consolation, in fate/extella the main character redeems them and turns them away from their civilization destroying nature with the power of dicking
>>
>>54662637
Shoo shoo witchhunter, some day the speeding car of death will come for you too, as it does for all shitposters.
>>
>>54662612
I guess there's always the option to (ugh, can't believe I'm using this phrase) PM them. But let's be honest with each other, the people who make apps that advertise OH LOOK AT ME IMMA BREEDIN SLUT HURF DURF MATING PRESS POWER OF THE COCK SO BIG MUH TITTIES are going to chicken out at the first sign of anything remotely sexual.
>>
>>54662637
IDrive seems to have pulled their application, actually.
>>
>>54662671

Looks like he made a thread for it, since the GM wants one app per player but he has two character ideas, so pulled his post until he settles on one.
>>
>>54662661
So basically, the Squidgirls and two randos are good to go?
>>
File: Fetchling2.jpg (63KB, 574x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Fetchling2.jpg
63KB, 574x1000px
What are some good feats to take as a Teisatsu Vigilante focused on Unarmed strikes? Assume Elephant rules and already having IUS.

Are there any good Style feats worth taking as one?
>>
>>54662661
>Implying
I've played with enough of those types to know that's not the case. But I'm not interested in pure lewds so much as an actual game, so if the game really is a bamboozle that's just a bummer. It's not even really funny, it's just disappointing.
>>
>>54662661
I mean given what we know of some games and the fact that we've seen logs of explicit sexual content from at least too, I doubt that's the case.

Some body bold enough to post bullshit like Reikana on anything but a sock puppet, isn't probably gonna chicken out desu.
>>
>>54662685
Possibly, possibly. All I know is that almost everyone who makes blatantly sexual apps is a gigantic erotophobe. They're made basically to insult the game they're applying to, not actually play in it. Once you start showing actual interest, they'll either freeze up or just start ridiculing you.

The one thing you can give PLD GM and its players credit for is that they're the kind of shitters who are at least committed to the idea of addressing sexual situations. Even though they brought their bullshit to the thread.
>>
>>54662421
DHB should apply.
>>
>>54662871
inb4 aaaaa DHB sama's cookies
>>
>15 applications within 3 days
Is this the new Ensoulment?
>>
>>54662888
nah
>>
>>54662888
please no
>>
>>54662914
>>54662923
apps
>>
>>54662620
Yeah, but it wasn't GREAT! I want my backstory to be GREAT, not just good, because I like entertaining people!
>>
>>54662940
You're plenty entertaining. Trying to be great is a lost cause, I've found.
>>
>>54662599
I think we need to nuke Japan again. That vassal state's getting out of line.
>>
>>54663015
>woah, people are having FUN, that's not allowed in places that aren't AMERICA
>>
>Looking for a official Brawler art
>They're all females
Fuck
>>
>>54663046
I mean the iconic brawler is a female so it would follow that all subsequent depictions of the iconic brawler are also female.
>>
>>54662883
>>54662871
aaaaaa DHB-sama~
>>
>>54662717
Try the usual PM THEM thing. I won't ask for logs or screencaps or anything. But I guarantee you they won't be ready to actually get down and dirty.
>>
File: PZO1129-Brawler_Kess.jpg (116KB, 448x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO1129-Brawler_Kess.jpg
116KB, 448x1000px
>>54663046
To be fair though, Iconic Brawler is both totally bro and bae
>>
>>54663046
Just use OPM or something, that's not popular enough to get you called out.
>>
>>54663087
>that's not popular enough to get you called out
Nigga what
>>
>>54662710
Dragon Ferocity is pretty good
Scarlet throne style is also pretty good if you have PA
Pummeling Charge is good too but not so great with your char because you don't have many attacks

As for good feats for Unarmed Strikes, does Sap Adept, Knockout Artist and Sap Master work with Stalker's Vigilante """sneak""" attack? That 5th level feature will do wonders with them.
>>
>>54663069
No iconic, but female too
>>
>>54663118
>>54663081
It's just a dude with tits nailed on what the hell
>>
>>54663041
Nah, just need to stop them from spewing more uninspired shit everywhere.

Seriously, Nippies produce some disgustingly low quality fiction.

And no, profit != quality.
>>
File: PZO1129-BrawlerThrowingShield.jpg (201KB, 1000x938px) Image search: [Google]
PZO1129-BrawlerThrowingShield.jpg
201KB, 1000x938px
>>54663069
>>54663118
Not iconic, but again another female
>>
>>54663127
>Nippies produce some disgustingly low quality fiction
Welcome to fiction in general? Fate is just their version of Capeshit.
>>
File: 1495675034442.jpg (60KB, 601x839px) Image search: [Google]
1495675034442.jpg
60KB, 601x839px
>>54663046
What kind of Brawler art do you need? I can check my folders to see if I have anything you need

>>54663122
>he doesn't like tomboys
Plebian taste fampai
>>
>>54663163
Those aren't tomboys, those are dudes with pillows in their shirt.
>>
>>54663163
>What kind of Brawler art do you need?
An armored one, also one who doesn't look like a savage with tattoos and hermit's hair style
>>
>>54663122
Long hair gets in the way of brawling and streetfights, as at that close up long hair will just get in your eyes or get pulled on
>>
File: cc64445833306fc7adad3902ff975444.jpg (110KB, 790x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cc64445833306fc7adad3902ff975444.jpg
110KB, 790x1000px
>>54663069
>>54663137
Srly, where're the dudes?
>>
>>54663183
Doesn't stop it from looking stupid, she just looks like some boxing manga protagonist except he fights with a pair of heat packs strapped to him.
>>
>>54663150
>Fate is Capeshit
No, Nippies have their own superheroes. Fate is what you get when you give them too much creative freedom.
>>
>>54663163
>>54663181
Ah, and who doesn't look Easterner or Monkish
>>
File: 1415907294181.jpg (65KB, 455x750px) Image search: [Google]
1415907294181.jpg
65KB, 455x750px
>>54663181
>>54663213
I'll try, but its hard finding a punchdude in armor. I'll just post images that are close enough
>>
>>54663208
>too much creative freedom
>>>>>
Kill yourself, nobody is making you read the garbage. You're like those people who say "GRRM is a hack" (he is), and then go on to say "we need to stop him from writing"
Just don't buy his shit, who the fuck cares?
>>
File: 1416320893519.jpg (151KB, 779x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1416320893519.jpg
151KB, 779x1026px
>>54663231
Well,thisis the closest I can find in my Knights folder, I'll check my other folders
>>
>>54663231
Nice guild wars 2 armor
>>
>>54663231
>>54663268
Slightly less amored, remember Brawlers can only into light armors or medium mithral ones
>>
>>54663312
Light armor is just barbarian armor though.
>>
>>54663320
Isnt' barb armor usually hide?
>>
>>54663334
Vikangz and Saxonz pleb armor was gambesons, usually, which is probably what's meant by "padded armor".
>>
File: 1421795990785.jpg (56KB, 736x972px) Image search: [Google]
1421795990785.jpg
56KB, 736x972px
>>54663268
MA, its getting hard trying to find something that is armored, not eastern, is a brawler, and has armor

>>54663312
Light armor though is just stuff like Chainshirts and cloth (gambesons) though. Which are honestly hard to find proper art of

>>54663334
Barbarian Hide is Medium armor, though actual warriors the Barbs are based off of wor either chain or gambeson, unless you're a Celt, in which case it was either Gambeson or nothing at all
>>
>>54663240
I care because global society as a whole is worse for having allowed Fate/Shit to be published. To allow the nation responsible for its production to continue unpunished is an offense to future generations. Nippies need to be put in their place again.
>>
File: Kingsglaive_05-26-16_001.jpg (193KB, 600x935px) Image search: [Google]
Kingsglaive_05-26-16_001.jpg
193KB, 600x935px
>>54663373
Man, not really finding anything that fits the bill. The most I got is this picture of Nyx Ulric from FFXV: Kingsglaive
>>
>>54663420
>I care because global society as a whole is worse
According to you. Stop trying to police the world and get your own country under control.
>>
>>54663420
>I'm triggered, so I must police the world and everything to keep me from being triggered all the time! Gubment pls do everthing for me and shoot everyone who disagrees with me! The idea that people disagree with me and I can avoid the shitty products and don't have to buy anything is leaving me with fake PTSD!
Behold, the Modern American. Where did this country go wrong?
>>
>>54663433
We only police it because you lesser states cry when we don't help you.

You asked for the dicking, don't get angry at us when you didn't ask for lube.
>>
>>54662661
What do we know about the player? Are they open to this sort of thing, or are they just a tease?
>>
>>54663433
>>54663490
I'm surprised you're still offering spoonfuls to an obvious troll ~desu
>>
>>54663523
Poe's Law is in full effect.
>>
>>54663520
WHICH player? Presumably everyone who's applying is looking for at least some level of ERP.
>>
>>54663537
That or they're easily rustled.
>>
>>54663560
The conversation was pretty pointed towards Rekina, it seemed. You know, "thick shark girl with a breeding fetish"?

I have the faint recollection that Krim is in one of the Dragons games, but those have been pretty tame apart from Rory getting buttraped.
>>
>>54663588
Ah yeah
I'm pretty sure he's not being a tease, his entire app is UGH THICC I ATE AND GOT THICC EAT MORE BECOME THICCER, it's not one of those apps that have other stuff to go with it.
>>
>>54663428
That was my problem, that's why I said to me "Hey, I'm playing a Brawler, fucking sure PF has official art for these fuckers" and then I discovered they're all women
>>
>>54663606
Yes, but the few times those apps got accepted, so I hear, it turned out that the players involved never actually went for anything sexual.
>>
>>54663622
Nobody draws male brawlers because that's gay.
>>
>>54663629
...really? I'm just assuming that if you can bring yourself to write an app that's basically a H-game profile you'd be the type to put out if and when time's suitable.
>>
>>54663622
If it makes you feel any better, brawler has been shit on by both of its parent classes to the point of becoming redundant, so you're not missing out on much. Not that it makes ME feel better, brawler deserved better
>>
>>54663629
The irony here is that people who make explicitly sexual apps never want to be the ones initiating sexual encounters, they think the nature of their character alone will lure in the mates.
>>
>>54663622
You could always go the Cephaiea route and play a Brawler with art that has fuckall to do with brawling. Maybe it's you, except not in combat gear.
>>
>>54661538
>>54661503
>war hydra of the lizardmen
Lizardmen use dinosaurs not Hydra's. Dark elves are the ones who have the hydra as their unit. And yes, she's dead, synch kills were something that the warhammer games (since dawn of war anyways) have become 'famous' for.
>>
>>54663661
>>54663672
This may or may not be true--some people just make sexualized characters to bait us here in the thread. But some people actually do want to get jumped on. The problem is that most they end up in a game with don't really have any skill at reading their signals, or they're worried they're overstepping boundaries.

On the other hand, there's also a fair amount of bitterness in the air. I'd assume that most of the people saying that these profiles are never actually open to sex are just speaking from a place of butthurt because they got rejected once or twice.

It's probably a little of both--I guess I'd need to be crazy enough to actually PM the player to figure out whether Rekina would be up for getting her holes ruined.
>>
File: 1485151032579.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485151032579.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>54663727
>synch kills were something that the warhammer games
Total War games you mean, as TWWH is a Total War game first and a Warhammer game second?
>>
>>54663734
A little communication and being direct about things goes a long way to figuring out what people want
>>
>>54663779
>dat webm
Virt, what are you doing here? Weren't you banned?
>>
>>54663727
>And yes, she's dead
That's bad though. She should been bred
>>
File: 1480122721936.webm (879KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1480122721936.webm
879KB, 960x540px
>>54663812
Who?
>>
>>54663661
Anon, it's like pinks and blues on F-List, pinks being female characters and blues being male characters. Pinks don't actually do anything besides write a good profile and sit on it, if they want something sexy than they just need to wait for a blue to PM them. The same can be surmised for games around here, they never try to hook up because they know one of the thirsty-ass male PCs or DM will initiate eventually.

80% of the pinks are regularly PMing 10% of the blues too.
>>
>>54663817
VirtualOptim. Assole namefag who had a weird thing for murdering/mutilating women.
>>
File: 1470284132290.webm (1006KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1470284132290.webm
1006KB, 960x540px
>>54663831
Oh I dunno then
>>
>>54663830
Really? Seemed more like they were PMing the purples and fuschias instead.
>>
>>54663779
>>54663817

That's hot
>>
File: 1479770133896.webm (858KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1479770133896.webm
858KB, 960x540px
>>
>>54663878
>>54663844
>>54663817
>>54663779
>>/gif/
>>
>>54663859
The purples and fuschias are a meme, nobody seriously likes them.
>>
File: 1498275798813.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1498275798813.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>54663885
Just giving you some good critical hit webbums, also thread's dying may as well.
>>
>>54663928
>wehavethemaxim.webm
>>
We need a reverse-trap pirate for Bones and Shackles!
>>
>>54663888
RIP Mashallah.
>>
>>54664196
No, we need people to stop holding out on their Intrigue apps!
>>
>>54660700
>little to no attention

I've noticed more questions about Mythic lately some of which are my own questions.

But it's probably the difficult chargen forming a barrier to entry. That, or people really don't like the one-shot nature of the game. Or both of those things combined.

Speaking of attention, why is Skulls and Bed Shackles getting waaaay more attention than Carnal Crown did? Both are explicitly lewd takes on a Paizo AP ran by a DM with no history or reputation. What makes one so much more talked-about than the other? Is S&S just a better AP than Carrion Crown? Is it because the DM was actually in the thread, talking about running the game before they put it up and getting people more excited? I don't think it has to do with the apps themselves, since Carrion Crown did receive a few nice apps in its time.
>>
>>54664199
who
>>
>>54664341
People have been waiting for a Pirate game for literally months now.
>>
>>54664341
>more attention than Carnal Crown
Because by now people are treating it as an explicit joke. Also, yes, pirates are more appealing for lewds than a monster mash.

>better AP
It's actually worse.

>DM was actually in the thread
That happened with the last two bamboozles, they've just changed tactics from samefagging and self-shilling to advertising themselves as a total hardsub.
>>
File: 1496266858059.png (956KB, 841x849px) Image search: [Google]
1496266858059.png
956KB, 841x849px
>>54664376
>>54664354
>tfw the game I decide to app for got no attention and no reviews, so I never got feedback
>tfw the game I decided not to app for even though I wanted to is getting talked about every other thread
>>
>>54664199
Wut
What happened?
What are purples and fuchsias even? Why am I being memed about?
>>
>>54664341
Personally, the thing that's killing it for me is not just the one-shot nature, but the homebrew setting and focus of the world itself.
>>
>>54664434
On F-list, your gender determines the color of your name in chat. Men are blue,
women are pink, herms are purple, and shemales are fuschia. And then there's orange, green, dark green, dark blue, and yellow, but that's beside the point.
>>
>>54664459
>herms are purple, and shemales are fuschia
B-but what's the difference?
>>
>>54664470
Former has a pussy and the latter doesn't.
The latter is also usually just macho men with tits.
>>
>>54664421
Carnal Crown is a known bamboozle at this point, people are hoping beyond hope that Skullfucking a Shackled Monstergirl isn't one.
>>
>>54664421
>even though I wanted to
Then app, it isn't too late.
>>
>>54664442
Well, yeah, the homebrew setting is pretty lackluster, especially because we really don't know anything ABOUT it. But I give the DM a bit of a pass on that, because I wouldn't except a huge and detailed world for a one-shot and he was clearly only trying to create a setting that justified the chargen and "plot", nothing more. Because that's exactly what the game was advertised as (mythic gestalt high-level game), and that's what people had been begging for beforehand, I can't blame him.

>>54664459
>people who change their character's gender just because they want to have their name be a color they like more

Some people just want to watch the world burn, I guess.
>>
>>54664519
I would, I even have a few ideas for a character already. Ironically, if I were MORE confident the game were a bamboozle, I'd be more likely to app. But I can only join one game, Anon. If I'm going to join a game, it needs to be one I REALLY want to be in. And I can't app for a game I wouldn't join, that's just an ass move.
>>
Has tohofag fucked off yet or is he still ruining threads?
>>
>>54664565
>But I can only join one game, Anon
So you're...waiting for Carnal Crown to close...or something?

>>54664598
Witchhunter begone.
>>
>>54664598
He got banned from the /pfg/ Discord, but that's all I know.
>>
>>54664598
Has witchunterfag fucked off yet or is he still ruining threads?
>>
>>54664598
>people talking about games, characters, settings
>suddenly
>out of absolutely nowhere
>has [boogeyman] fucked off yet?
ah yes
>>
>>54664615
No, I... Well, first I should clarify that I did app to Carnal Crown but I regret having done so because I've decided I would probably turn down an invite. But what I'm waiting for is a game I know I'll definitely want to play in to come along. Something that's got more than just lewd and energetic memes powering it, something that I know I'll want to stay in.
>>
Somebody want to make a new thread?
>>
>>54664665
>But what I'm waiting for is a game I know I'll definitely want to play in to come along.
You'll be left waiting forever at this rate. Do you have exactly one timeslot or something? Are you Broodie or Argentum or something?
>>
>>54664615
I don't know who Witch Hunter is.

I used to post in /tg/ a lot back around when we had some level of optimism for Path of War expanded. I just remember him being an absolute dickcheese.
>>
>>54664713
I've got more than one timeslot I could play in, but I've got enough stuff going on IRL that I just don't have time to commit to more than one game. I'm crippled by the fear that I'll get into one game and then see another game I like more open up shortly after. I'm sorta trying to save myself for Starfinder, too.
>>
>>54664728
>I don't know who Witch Hunter is.
Imbeciles who feel the need to namedrop and point fingers instead of just talking about whatever they want to talk about.

>>54664739
Expect nothing, save the self from disappointment
>>
>>54664421
Then pick a reviewanon and PM them
>>
Quick! Someone summarise all the Skull and Shackles apps!
>>
>>54665011
Someone already did >>54662497 kind of
>>
>>54665011
Stop shilling, spooky.
>>
New thread

>>54665055
>>54665055
>>54665055
>>54665055
>>54665055
>>54665055
>>
>>54665011
t. Vult
Get your rocks off somewhere else.
>>
>>54664199
They still play PF?
>>
>>54660651
>>54660700
>>54664341

I had to take my friendd to the dooctor. She's had a few surgeries and has been ill for most of three weeks, with a C. Dif. infection. They finally figured that out this week.

RL comes first.

BUT, that aside, I have a listing for ruling houses and ruling families, which will have gaps enough for the players to fill in their own needs/desires as well. Takes some time.
Thread posts: 375
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.