[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The King Needs Regalia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: joustingg.jpg (52KB, 236x600px) Image search: [Google]
joustingg.jpg
52KB, 236x600px
So I'm running a 5e campaign where long ago there was an Alexander the Great/King Arthur, who freed his people, then conquered a large kingdom in his lifetime, just to die at the culmination of all his work. His generals & comrades then disagreed with each other & fought each other for control, resulting in a war of succession without any blood heir. The once great nation is now, like the fall of the Holy Roman Empire in germany, lots of nations fighting each other. The heroes will be on a quest & will be finding the old wargear of the king. What should I include? Sure there is the standard sword, armor, & cape, but i need a few more interesting things
>>
>>54652209
Shield, sword's sheath, maybe some trinkets and baubles? His crown, his horse's saddle, bridle, and reins? Side-arm, bow, quiver, other weapons he's used like a hammer, lance, a bigger sword, etc.

Just think about what he actually used when he went into battle. You could also include the equipment that his mentors used themselves, as well as what they could have passed down to him.
>>
>>54652209
You gotta add in something like the Spear of Destiny that we have in real life. Claimed to have pierced and killed some God or something like that.

Gotta give some relation of the King to the Gods after all.
>>
File: FFXV.jpg (144KB, 879x502px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV.jpg
144KB, 879x502px
>>54652209
>>
>>54652209
Perhaps you can make the items that the party needs to retrieve relate to how the king built up his kingdom. That way the party can follow in his foot steps and rebuild the kingdom once more.

>Examples

Conquer Lands: A sword with some divine property

Established Rule of Law: A scepter or perhaps some old timey scales used to weigh things

Built Cities: A Construction hammer?

Provided Economy: A special rare, one of a kind coin with his face on it

Provided Security through military: A cloak to shield one from the cold or perhaps an armor chest plate
>>
>>54652567
Thats already his sword.

He was a slave until a meteor fell from the heavens & broke his chains. He then used it to bash his masters to death & free the other slaves. After he helped some dwarves out the smithed it into a sword for him. It is believed that the meteor was sent from the heavens & he was gifted it so he could do what he did.

>>54652552

He didnt carry a sbield, though a shield wouldnt be bad.
His old slave chains were recast into gauntlets
He also has a belt
Im trying to make it all someone could wear all at once
Bauble ideas appreciated
>>
>>54652611
I love it, & I love you for suggesting it but no
>>54652634
Im putting one item in each kingdom/nation

Rusaan, a Mediterranean-like place of sailors & dragon worship

Angressa, a riverlands full of merchantlords, cutthroats & gunpowder tech

Ishari, a mageocracy with flying cities & ships put little land (it is in the center & saw the most war)

Lochland, a kingdom of elves & druids

Khorval, a theocracy, favoring griffon knights & clerical might

Thanatas, a chivalrous nation of ancestor worship & necromancy

The bracers will come from is hometown in Ishari, forged from his slave chains

The cloak comes from Thanatas, the skin of a great wolf he slew, saving the people who suffered its predation.

The belt will be found in Rusaan. I have no fluff as of yet.
The armor & sword will be found outside the nations
>>
You can add the crown, a ruling scepter, maybe some magical rings/amulets. And his lucky socks.
>>
>>54652775
Maybe the belt is adorned with precious metals and gems from some dragon's horde, actually given to him by that Dragon. It could represent the king receiving the blessing of their gods and why they chose to join/follow him.

Were these regions/kingdoms pretty similar in feel before he united them? If so, I'm not sure how being a freed slave would be a big deal to a magitech kingdom. Was slavery a big thing there and he ended it?
>>
File: Cuck king.png (405KB, 1035x1227px) Image search: [Google]
Cuck king.png
405KB, 1035x1227px
>>54652209
>So I'm running a 5e campaign where long ago there was an Alexander the Great/King Arthur
>He was at the same time a greatly succesful leader whose shortlived empire left a lasting legacy that affects even us today, and a mediocre king who messed up the one job he had
How did he do it, /tg/?
>>
>>54653092
In my setting tieflings are evil demon/devil elves, called blood elves. They are basically decadant assholes who inslaved humanity & dwarves, & non blood elf elves in this region. Most culture was their culture until the king helped gather freed slaves & made allies of other groups that wanted the blood elves gone. After the region was free, the blood elves pushed back, the king built his own capital city & did some empire building. After that, he drew a large army to him & marched on the bloodelf capital. Some magic shit happened & blew the place up. The king was woumded & dying. He died in a borderland military camp. His trusted allies & friends then fought over top his corpse, each with their own reason for wanting to rule. They then left to their own bases of power & started warring. Others also schismed, tearing the empire into shreds. It has been a hundred years since then. Each nation was mostly forged by war. The floating cities being Ishari's only chance of staying alive during the long years of war. It was a nation in the middle of all the others, its lands taken by countless battles. It has little real-estate, & is small, but its flying fortresses & a few flying cities make it tricky to attack now, since they could always land a well garrisoned fort behind your army
>>
>>54653329
King had a wife & even a few kids. They all died to comflict or illness. The wife died soon after her husband, to assassination.
>>
>>54652775
Thanatas should have some of his bones in a highly decorated housing like how churches had saint relics

make the belt a plaque belt with a bunch of engravings
>>
File: AN00323643_001_l.jpg (88KB, 750x950px) Image search: [Google]
AN00323643_001_l.jpg
88KB, 750x950px
>>54652209
A signet ring that served him well in his later years as king, wargear is over rated and over used, think instead what the king had made after he has all the resources of a kingdom at his fingertips and didn't have to murderhobo in 3rd hand armor.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.